User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10974
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:08 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Only difference is Trump can form a sentence and knows where he is at all times.


Ok now you're just trolling. Trump forming a sentence? Have you ever actually listened to him speak? He has a vocabulary list of 10 bigly words, if that. Covfefe :rotfl:


Hey I am sorry you are stuck with Biden who cognitive ability is debilitating right before our eyes but it's not trolling. If you want to try to exploit the notion that Trump is as bad go right ahead but we all know how ridiculous and silly that is.


He just spent 60% of Friday's coronavirus presser talking about himself, FFS! They are both ridiculous and silly.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:13 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.



“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. '”

-Isaac Asimov

And that's how you get people drinking aquarium cleaner and dying because the President told them it was a cure.


Trump said no such thing, idiot man didn’t know wha5 he was doing.
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8894
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.

tl;dr in the bottom paragraph

I think your statement is way too broad and simplistic. I agree with your statement but not for the reasons you do, and I think that is the problem.

"Experts." That is one of the main problems. Who are the experts? Why are they qualified? And honestly, does the fact that they have a qualification really matter? What study and research have they put forward and has it been reviewed and verified?

Too many times "experts" are trotted out on the news when they are no expert at all, even if they hold a PhD in a field. Climate science, for example, suffers from this. Who cares if someone with a PhD relating to climate science says man-made global warming is a thing or isn't a thing? Their research and how it stands up matters. And I shouldn't have to even mention people like Al Gore, definitely not experts and they should be discarded by BOTH sides of the debate, IMO

Lost in all this craziness is the raw data and science behind it all. It's often hard to find and poorly communicated. What good is it when a respected organization puts out a release on some hard, peer reviewed science if it isn't reported on or twisted by the dishonest, sensationalist media?

And then the problem gets even worse because people extrapolate the findings. Again, climate change for example. I believe it is happening and caused by humans, based off the peer reviewed research. Doesn't mean I believe anyone that holds this belief (Al Gore for example) and that's where it ends... Has absolutely ZERO bearing on what policy decision I subscribe to. Something should be done but policies "designed to tackle it" aren't automatically accepted by me. Many are crap. One does NOT lead to the other, the bad policy shouldn't lead one to throw out then entire problem as fake news too

With corona, I still hear very easily debunked or refuted claims, the cold kills more people (ignoring future, exponential growth and ignoring that we've taken unprecedented measures to combat it), we only have a tiny amount of cases (again, ignoring the fact that we've taken huge measures to combat the spread, the fact that without containment measures and in months it could EASILY pass the common cold) the entire premise of why we are locking down (NOT to get rid of it, that train has left the station, it's to buy time to prepare and to flatten the curve,) etc

But because true experts put out data on this virus doesn't mean we need to take their opinions on the economy hook line and sinker. They offer valuable data but we must use it with economic experts and then use cost-benefit analysis



Probably tl;dr but thanks if you did read this. If you skipped to the bottom, I think you are conflating "experts" with actual experts. You get a lot of flack on this site and we often disagree but I think you're a smart, logical person, I just think you're unfortunately seeing through the media's crap but throwing the baby out with the bath water (you throw out actual, good studies and data when you discard the crap and noise and fake experts)
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10974
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:18 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.



“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. '”

-Isaac Asimov

And that's how you get people drinking aquarium cleaner and dying because the President told them it was a cure.


Trump said no such thing, idiot man didn’t know wha5 he was doing.


To be fair, that's a failed marriage right there. Usually when Old Boy says 'let's drink some of this here pool cleaner because TV said it'll help with corona' the wife will narrow her eyes and say 'you wanna drink WHAT dumbass?'
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17884
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.



“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. '”

-Isaac Asimov

And that's how you get people drinking aquarium cleaner and dying because the President told them it was a cure.


Trump said no such thing, idiot man didn’t know wha5 he was doing.


He said "It's been around for a long time, so we know if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody...It's shown very, very encouraging early results, and we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately." And now the idiot machine surrounding him including Fox News whirs into action and repeats how great Chloroquine is, and patients start requesting it--all based on anecdotal evidence--ie your "gut feeling" without any input from people who know what they're doing.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21674
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8894
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.

One good part about Trump being in office is that the majority is more or less on board with some sort of social distancing and lockdown. Far from unified or perfect.

But can you imagine if Obama or Hillary was in office right now? I have 0 doubts that we'd be hearing SO much whining from many Republicans about draconian measures and there'd be resistance to literally any sort of measure, etc

I can only imagine.

That being said, I think whoever we'd have would probably underestimate the virus. Do a better job at handling it? Probably. But many left leaning governments have been mishandling it... I have a feeling Obama would be caught off guard too.

Which, come to think about it, may have been the other reaction from the GOP. Obama maybe would have done 20 times better than Trump is doing now but would be torn to shreds by the right

Let's see if a bill gets passed. I was happy to see some bipartisanship but it seems to be falling apart now. And of course, "the other side is to blame," meanwhile nothing is getting done. Thanks Congress
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Only difference is Trump can form a sentence and knows where he is at all times.


Ok now you're just trolling. Trump forming a sentence? Have you ever actually listened to him speak? He has a vocabulary list of 10 bigly words, if that. Covfefe :rotfl:


Hey I am sorry you are stuck with Biden who cognitive ability is debilitating right before our eyes but it's not trolling. If you want to try to exploit the notion that Trump is as bad go right ahead but we all know how ridiculous and silly that is.

You are pissing into the wind when you say Trump is articulate. I support his policies for the most part, but he is an extremely poor speaker. Biden has his problems, but he is not nearly as bad as Trump. You don’t come across well supporting him in this regard. Defend his politics but not his grammar -- because, frankly, it sucks.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:27 pm

[*]
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.


I never believed any of them

Might check your facts on pandemic team.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... bout-trum/
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3675
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Only difference is Trump can form a sentence and knows where he is at all times.


Ok now you're just trolling. Trump forming a sentence? Have you ever actually listened to him speak? He has a vocabulary list of 10 bigly words, if that. Covfefe :rotfl:


Hey I am sorry you are stuck with Biden who cognitive ability is debilitating right before our eyes but it's not trolling. If you want to try to exploit the notion that Trump is as bad go right ahead but we all know how ridiculous and silly that is.

They are both doddering old codgers that can't string two sentences together. Trying to say one is worse than the other is what is ridiculous and silly.
Was really wishing the democrats would have leaned towards someone younger and sharper than Joe, but I will hold my nose and vote for him and hope he has a competent vice-presidential running mate in the event he becomes completely unable to perform his duties in office. If the Republicans had an adult at the head of the ticket instead of the current man-child, I'd certainly have voted for them over Biden.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Biden could beat Trump but he probably won't. His VP pick willl determine the outcome. I know a number of never Trumpers who say if pick Harris they will not vote for him. As you might guess they are from Calif.
 
KFTG
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Biden could beat Trump but he probably won't. His VP pick willl determine the outcome. I know a number of never Trumpers who say if pick Harris they will not vote for him. As you might guess they are from Calif.

We don't need their vote.
We need 77k votes across 3 states.
Keep dreaming.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Its people like you that assure my vote will not be for Joe Biden. Get over yourself. BTW your math is all screwed up.

Have a good day.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13183
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:08 pm

KFTG wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Biden could beat Trump but he probably won't. His VP pick willl determine the outcome. I know a number of never Trumpers who say if pick Harris they will not vote for him. As you might guess they are from Calif.

We don't need their vote.
We need 77k votes across 3 states.
Keep dreaming.


This is what happens when you let the media control what you do.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
KFTG
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Its people like you that assure my vote will not be for Joe Biden. Get over yourself. BTW your math is all screwed up.

Have a good day.

No problem. We don't need your vote.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Duh? You know nothing about my voting history ...kid
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
KFTG wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Biden could beat Trump but he probably won't. His VP pick willl determine the outcome. I know a number of never Trumpers who say if pick Harris they will not vote for him. As you might guess they are from Calif.

We don't need their vote.
We need 77k votes across 3 states.
Keep dreaming.


This is what happens when you let the media control what you do.


Completely agree. When all you watch is CNN, MSNBC it has a way of messing up your mimd. I read the NYT, WSJ, WP, along with a few others each morning. The gag reflex can be almost overwhelming at times but I work my way through most it none the less. FOX News caps it off for a dose of reality. NPR is pretty good for the long view.


Once again there many liberals on this site that will be very disappointed. Biden is,.......well senile. Bernie is a full blown Commie. Sorry if you can't come to grips with that. Watching Pelosi try to attach so many riders to the current bill should tell you enough. Sge will be responsible for many deaths by the time this is over.

Good night.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21674
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:52 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.

One good part about Trump being in office is that the majority is more or less on board with some sort of social distancing and lockdown. Far from unified or perfect.

But can you imagine if Obama or Hillary was in office right now? I have 0 doubts that we'd be hearing SO much whining from many Republicans about draconian measures and there'd be resistance to literally any sort of measure, etc

I can only imagine.

That being said, I think whoever we'd have would probably underestimate the virus. Do a better job at handling it? Probably. But many left leaning governments have been mishandling it... I have a feeling Obama would be caught off guard too.

Which, come to think about it, may have been the other reaction from the GOP. Obama maybe would have done 20 times better than Trump is doing now but would be torn to shreds by the right

Let's see if a bill gets passed. I was happy to see some bipartisanship but it seems to be falling apart now. And of course, "the other side is to blame," meanwhile nothing is getting done. Thanks Congress


The biggest difference between Democrats and the current Republican administration is Democrats know to admit when they do not know. They defer to the experts. I think this is why Democratic controlled states like California, Washington, Oregon, New York are being more diligent about social distancing and restricting movement and such while Republican controlled states are saying to sacrifice seniors and sacrifice people for the sake of the Stock Market. That is why we have people ODing on sketchy pool chemicals.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21674
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:00 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
[*]
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.


I never believed any of them

Might check your facts on pandemic team.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... bout-trum/


Yes. He "left abruptly" and was not replaced. I abruptly left a job because I was gay and abruptly left another job because my supervisor ran a Tug into a 727. The team was disbanded by John Bolton who was a great and wonderful leader until he spoke out against his boss.

From WaPo

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Ziemer’s last day was Tuesday, the same day a new Ebola outbreak was declared in Congo. He is not being replaced.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 am

Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html


And in true trump death-touch fashion, always celebrating and broadcasting premature victories (he celebrated in all listed below)
..when the dust settled it was all a Gargantuan Cluster F*** mess like everything Post trump.
The Death Grip
trump Steaks
trump University
trump Shuttle (ex Eastern Air Shuttle)
trump USFL
trump Vodka
trump Mortgage
trump The Game (made by Milton Bradley)
trump Magazine
trump Casinos (5)..and how does the Only Business where people GIVE YOU money, FAIL? How does that happen?
Money sucking golf courses
Ivana Trump (she took half)
Marla Maples (may not have taken much..see NDA)
TBA - the United States of America
TBA - a future Lawsuit from Stormy Daniels
TBA - a future Lawsuit from Karen McDonald
TBA - Multiple Future Criminal Charges from New York state ( also where his Imprisoned accomplice Michael Cohen awaits the other half of the trial to unfold)
vs

trump wins
1. The Electoral College where 77,000 votes spread across Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania
2. a Fleeting poll (today) that will change before Friday.
3. 62 Million Suckers
4. The old Lady who literally drank trump Kool Aid (aka Aquarium Tank Cleaner) not so sure she's on board, her husband died after the drink)
5. Jim Jones' Support from Purgatory.
6. Fox News (might be on the ropes if they aren't careful)


...ah yeah man, I think I see your glee for this 'read it and weep' "news".

And it was my pleasure to shower you with some 'read 'em and weep" FACTS.

Balanced minds...they are not for everyone, kids.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21674
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:01 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html


One poll that was done over two weeks. Others are 50% or less. Mostly less. But, yeah, hang on that one poll.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13183
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 am

BN747 wrote:
trump Steaks


BN747


Steaks? :biting:
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 am

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html


One poll that was done over two weeks. Others are 50% or less. Mostly less. But, yeah, hang on that one poll.....


Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
trump Steaks


BN747


Steaks? :biting:


Another failed branded product he owned and used his picture and name to promote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Steaks
Not all who wander are lost.
 
bgm
Posts: 2364
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:46 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html


How many of those supporting him will still be alive in November? Btw it should be named 'Boomer Flu' since that seems to be the target.
Less praying, more hand washing.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13183
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
trump Steaks


BN747


Steaks? :biting:


Another failed branded product he owned and used his picture and name to promote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Steaks


Kind of reminds me of Omaha steaks. Absolutely dreadful!
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:15 pm

That was probably the idea.

Omaha Steaks is still in business, and many others. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time, and I doubt he invested much, if any, of his money in the project. Tried it, didn't work, no big deal really. At least the product was provided.
Not all who wander are lost.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:24 pm

BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Read it and weep, 3 out 5 polled approve of Trump’s handling of the job and the Wuhan Flu


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7088.html


One poll that was done over two weeks. Others are 50% or less. Mostly less. But, yeah, hang on that one poll.....


Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747


Biden in past interviews also supported cuts to entitlements. Hate to say it but with the monster spending bill they are gonna hit the street with in regards to coronavirus you can bet after this election no matter who wins this election entitlements are more than likely going to be a target for reform. I know this because I get screwed out of everything ive ever worked for all the time why should I expect the Social Security ponzi scheme to be any different.
 
cairns
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 pm

No. And he'll be lucky if Cuomo doesn't take it all away at a brokered convention.
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

One poll that was done over two weeks. Others are 50% or less. Mostly less. But, yeah, hang on that one poll.....


Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747


Biden in past interviews also supported cuts to entitlements. Hate to say it but with the monster spending bill they are gonna hit the street with in regards to coronavirus you can bet after this election no matter who wins this election entitlements are more than likely going to be a target for reform. I know this because I get screwed out of everything ive ever worked for all the time why should I expect the Social Security ponzi scheme to be any different.


No argument there...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21674
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

One poll that was done over two weeks. Others are 50% or less. Mostly less. But, yeah, hang on that one poll.....


Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747


Biden in past interviews also supported cuts to entitlements. Hate to say it but with the monster spending bill they are gonna hit the street with in regards to coronavirus you can bet after this election no matter who wins this election entitlements are more than likely going to be a target for reform. I know this because I get screwed out of everything ive ever worked for all the time why should I expect the Social Security ponzi scheme to be any different.


Here is a fun fact about the "ponzi scheme" you hate:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -age-to-70
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/13/why-rai ... -easy.html

Both my parents worked at nurses their whole lives. A couple of places they worked set up retirement funds. But, they were not allowed to unionize because that is evil, so they had to figure out, on their own, how to start these retirement funds. She collects a small amount every month from those retirement accounts they were able to set up but she also collects Social Security. She would be on the street if not for SS. Probably dead if not for Medicare and Medicade. Millions of people rely on those services because we have nothing else. We can not get anything else. We do not qualify for anything else.

But, please, do go on with your "every life is sacred" and "compassionate conservatism" and such.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747


Biden in past interviews also supported cuts to entitlements. Hate to say it but with the monster spending bill they are gonna hit the street with in regards to coronavirus you can bet after this election no matter who wins this election entitlements are more than likely going to be a target for reform. I know this because I get screwed out of everything ive ever worked for all the time why should I expect the Social Security ponzi scheme to be any different.


Here is a fun fact about the "ponzi scheme" you hate:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -age-to-70
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/13/why-rai ... -easy.html

Both my parents worked at nurses their whole lives. A couple of places they worked set up retirement funds. But, they were not allowed to unionize because that is evil, so they had to figure out, on their own, how to start these retirement funds. She collects a small amount every month from those retirement accounts they were able to set up but she also collects Social Security. She would be on the street if not for SS. Probably dead if not for Medicare and Medicade. Millions of people rely on those services because we have nothing else. We can not get anything else. We do not qualify for anything else.

But, please, do go on with your "every life is sacred" and "compassionate conservatism" and such.....


Didn't you know? Wishing death on seniors over entitlement cost (Coronavirus has fueled that fight because they are choosing the economy/NYSE over the lives of these people they deem 'they lived, let them go or Get rid of them) is now a Republican staple.

That clown in Texas who was first to vocalize that perspective, then came that Florida chick, now news anchor Brett Hume, Moron Ann Coulter..they are getting the message out.
But a lot of old farts will go cast GOP votes in November - now...if there were a better example of 'battling against one's own self interest' it remains unknown at this time.
GOP, vote to off yourself, we're good with it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8894
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm

seb146 wrote:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

Well, age and life expectancy does change over time and should be part of the equation. Look at what being 65 meant back when social security came out and what it was designed for.

Many never lived to that age. Now people live off of and draw from social security for literally decades.

Pushing the age back some is not a bad idea, IMO. Now, I think if you're 65 and truly not in a condition to work, you should be able to retire then. But I think that's true of people today if they're unable to work at 62, right?

I'm not saying we should keep healthy 90 year olds working just because they're relatively healthy. But shifting the age back some and keeping some healthier 65-72 year olds working a bit longer before retiring for decades isn't a bad plan

Something I'm sure Republicans would hate is means testing, which I support. If you are rich enough at retirement, you don't need social security. I say that as someone that probably would fit in that category (pay all my life and receive none of that since I don't need it.)

It should be insurance. Pay into it and maybe you won't need it. It will keep you afloat but not living a lavish lifestyle. Draw from it when you actually need it not when you're a rich and super healthy 66 year old
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

Well, age and life expectancy does change over time and should be part of the equation. Look at what being 65 meant back when social security came out and what it was designed for.

Many never lived to that age. Now people live off of and draw from social security for literally decades.

Pushing the age back some is not a bad idea, IMO. Now, I think if you're 65 and truly not in a condition to work, you should be able to retire then. But I think that's true of people today if they're unable to work at 62, right?

I'm not saying we should keep healthy 90 year olds working just because they're relatively healthy. But shifting the age back some and keeping some healthier 65-72 year olds working a bit longer before retiring for decades isn't a bad plan

Something I'm sure Republicans would hate is means testing, which I support. If you are rich enough at retirement, you don't need social security. I say that as someone that probably would fit in that category (pay all my life and receive none of that since I don't need it.)

It should be insurance. Pay into it and maybe you won't need it. It will keep you afloat but not living a lavish lifestyle. Draw from it when you actually need it not when you're a rich and super healthy 66 year old


All your points are valid but you are simultaneously opening the door for more ppl to 'accept' this reckless approach.

But your solutions are thoughtful and that is where a sensible solution can be found ..make no mistake it seriously needs to be addressed. But Leave out any trump supporting lawmakers in those discussions because they there for one reason and one reason only - to sabotage anything considered 'helpful'.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

Well, age and life expectancy does change over time and should be part of the equation. Look at what being 65 meant back when social security came out and what it was designed for.

Many never lived to that age. Now people live off of and draw from social security for literally decades.

Pushing the age back some is not a bad idea, IMO. Now, I think if you're 65 and truly not in a condition to work, you should be able to retire then. But I think that's true of people today if they're unable to work at 62, right?

I'm not saying we should keep healthy 90 year olds working just because they're relatively healthy. But shifting the age back some and keeping some healthier 65-72 year olds working a bit longer before retiring for decades isn't a bad plan

Something I'm sure Republicans would hate is means testing, which I support. If you are rich enough at retirement, you don't need social security. I say that as someone that probably would fit in that category (pay all my life and receive none of that since I don't need it.)

It should be insurance. Pay into it and maybe you won't need it. It will keep you afloat but not living a lavish lifestyle. Draw from it when you actually need it not when you're a rich and super healthy 66 year old


It already is means tested. If a married couple has income in excess of $32,000, SS is taxed as ordinary income. Any middle class lifetime worker will NOT get their value out of Social Security, period. Investing the 12.4% paid in, as a regressive flat rate income tax, would be far better. It’s a bad deal for everyone. If you’re “poor” you likely won’t live long enough to get your “contributions” back and you’re paying a high flat tax when young.; if you are middle to wealthy, it’s a bad return.
I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.”

― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Bro, he needs that..infact 'polls' are all he has to hang his hope on.

Most people now have trump's number.
They can do the math.

All his hints of how there has to be cuts in entitlements and medicare..means to most people, he's determine to get then $1000 or 2400 back! Next year.

His argument will be 'Hey I fought the unimagineable Virus war and WON (I guess bone spurs were not an impediment)...so look that cost us the only way out now is make drastic cuts everywhere!'
And he only means slashing SS and flipping medicare over to some trump Org connected 'for profit' HMO of his choice (he has that in his head now, 'it's my decision, mine alone'!

trump: Help people out? Who hell does that without some kind return?'

Consider yourself warned

BN747


Biden in past interviews also supported cuts to entitlements. Hate to say it but with the monster spending bill they are gonna hit the street with in regards to coronavirus you can bet after this election no matter who wins this election entitlements are more than likely going to be a target for reform. I know this because I get screwed out of everything ive ever worked for all the time why should I expect the Social Security ponzi scheme to be any different.


Here is a fun fact about the "ponzi scheme" you hate:

REPUBLICANS keep pushing back the age for which people can receive those benefits they have paid into. You know why you don't see them? Go look at REPUBLICANS who have pushed the retirement age from 62 to 67 and were talking about making it 72,

You can also receive benefits if you become disabled. Like losing a limb or sight or hearing on the job. But, it sounds like you would rather have people literally dying at work because of age or dying on the streets for lack of income.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -age-to-70
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/13/why-rai ... -easy.html

Both my parents worked at nurses their whole lives. A couple of places they worked set up retirement funds. But, they were not allowed to unionize because that is evil, so they had to figure out, on their own, how to start these retirement funds. She collects a small amount every month from those retirement accounts they were able to set up but she also collects Social Security. She would be on the street if not for SS. Probably dead if not for Medicare and Medicade. Millions of people rely on those services because we have nothing else. We can not get anything else. We do not qualify for anything else.

But, please, do go on with your "every life is sacred" and "compassionate conservatism" and such.....


Hey im all for people who paid into the ponzi scheme to collect but the fact is most people pay into it far more than they will ever collect out of it and "they" who ever they are be it Republican or Democrat are going to push it even farther age wise in order to collect even tho my father and brother both died before they ever collected it and my mother didn't collect for long before she died I most likely will die before I collect too if I am still alive at 62 I will put in for it even tho the payout wont be much.
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 pm

I planned to retire at age 67 1/2 to get full Social Security. Which would be next week.

But in 2008, my company decided to outsource most of our internal IT. In Jan 2009, Hewlett Packard started to close most of EDS. So I found myself as a 56 year old basically self-taught IT systems integration specialist, competing with 20,000+ others in a declining job market in Dallas. Jobs that had paid me $75,000 were being taken when available for under $30,000. Did everything from delivering pizza to working at Walmart.

In the end, we used up most of the 401K and savings keeping a house too long over the next six years. Lucky we were able to get it sold with no cash required from us to buy down the mortgage. Sold it for 11% less than we had paid in 2006.

At age 62, I had to take social security to keep our heads above water. Working part-time with both myself and the wife's SS puts us into a situation where most of the money goes into taxes.

Next year, I'll cross the line between the total of my contributions over my working life since 1966, and benefits paid by SS. Most people do cross that line about five to seven years into SS. My brother-in-law has crossed that line, but he never made what I did individually, and prostate cancer forced him into full retirement at age 59. He is about 35 days younger than me.

It isn't a ponzi scheme.
Not all who wander are lost.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:13 am

Ok, then where is the money coming after the “crossover” point? It’s coming from current taxpayers, which is pretty much the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

My employers and I paid in $335,500 over my 40 years. Now, look at how that sum would have done invested in a S&P500 Index fund over those years. My advisor did a work up and at the after inflation S&P return of 6.5%, my contributions would have been worth over $1,000,000. I’d have to live to 96 to get that money back, if it never earned another dollar.

GF
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 am

The money is invested. And for most of the past 50+ years it has been invested in US Treasury securities. First pay securities. Other investors, T-bills, even savings bonds are second pay to the money owed to the Social Security Trust.

It has grown, maybe not that much, but steadily.

Not disputing the possible adjusted value over the years at inflation adjusted rates. Most people focus on direct contributions. Glad you could have made $1,000,000 post tax in investing with less than two million gross salary over those 40 years.

Social Security was never designed or promoted officially as anything but the working people supplementing the older people unable to work.

And our country has changed dramatically from the original assumptions about the program. Our elected leaders have raised the benefit levels, and help destroy the pensions that were intended to provide most seniors with their base income. They have even penalized people with the income and discipline to save for their retirement. In many of your working years, your tax owed on the investments value increase might have exceed the amount of your contributions.

My definition of a Ponzi scheme involves deception. Maybe I'm over estimating the intelligence of most people to understand such things.
Not all who wander are lost.
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 am

This thread is going way off topic. For it to be up-to-date and realistic, the mods should change the title to "Can Cuomo defeat Trump to become President?" Biden is toast.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13183
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
This thread is going way off topic. For it to be up-to-date and realistic, the mods should change the title to "Can Cuomo defeat Trump to become President?" Biden is toast.


The DNC is panicking at this point. Biden can't speak clearly anymore and Trump's polling with COVID-19 is much better than expected.

Cuomo won't pull a surprise at the Convention. Ohio and the complete south won't vote for a guy who is that anti gun rights. He will run in 2024 and have a heck of a fight against Newsom in the primary.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
This thread is going way off topic. For it to be up-to-date and realistic, the mods should change the title to "Can Cuomo defeat Trump to become President?" Biden is toast.


The DNC is panicking at this point. Biden can't speak clearly anymore and Trump's polling with COVID-19 is much better than expected.

Cuomo won't pull a surprise at the Convention. Ohio and the complete south won't vote for a guy who is that anti gun rights. He will run in 2024 and have a heck of a fight against Newsom in the primary.


I remember posts a few months back proclaiming Biden as the only DNC savior....change of heart or was that a red herring from jump?

Again, if Cuomo would miraculously bring Stacey Abrams on as his VP, every black eligible to vote in Georgia, S.Carolina, N. Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi (but not Florida) would turn out out. But knowing Cuomo, he already knows that he and her could never be. But if by some odd trump-era funkiness materialize..and it happened, it'd be Dr. Fauci v trump every day of the weak except in stead of face palms, heated exchanges would be unlimited.

The Dem political terrain just hit a 4.5 political quake that threatens to blow the lid off the baked in Biden plans.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
bgm
Posts: 2364
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:29 am

Wow, this video is brutal. The best way to attack Trump is to use use his own words against him.

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/video ... 0331/?vh=e
Less praying, more hand washing.
 
BN747
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 am

bgm wrote:
Wow, this video is brutal. The best way to attack Trump is to use use his own words against him.

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/video ... 0331/?vh=e


It certainly will shock many (and Corona will make many stay home and watch), but those of who live in a 'lies DO matter' world and still counting them...that's nothing

But great pot/link

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.


What specifically could that team have done, and when? Aren't there other healthcare organizations that have had similar capacity? CDC, Fauci's organization. WHO, PAHO, may others.

What actions should have taken place, that didn't take place? Having a massive quantity of designer virus tests on hand? Would that task force have known that? We know that now... but no other group in a country that spends $4T on healthcare per year could handle that?

I think when people focus on the president here, it shows they are really not interested in the topic at hand, they are just yearning for presidential power, which is why it comes up in about 85% of conversations on any subject, whether it is solar flares, hip-hop music, a virus etc.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14665
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pm

The Coronavirus crises is deeply affecting this years elections and it is difficult to predict the end result including as to the Presidential race.
Primaries have been postponed to later dates and some may not even happen. Campaigning has been pretty much shut down for Biden and Sanders but Trump has his daily press conferences getting attention.
There is a good chance the conventions, which kick off the main campaigns may not be able to be held for financial and public health reasons so lost attention in the media.
If a second round of Coronavirus infections in the fall, and that is likely, then campaigning may be non-existent but for Trump's daily press conferences.
No one will have the money to spend on campaign contributions, but for a few rich persons and corporations. The one blessing is a lot fewer campaign ads.
I doubt Trump will do any debates with the Democratic nominee.
Biden has serious presentation issues, with gaffs, mental lapses and a number of progressive Democratic party members not fond of him, so they may not vote and Trump wins by default. I am quite sure Trump and Republicans will continue to beat up on Biden over his son's Ukrainian 'job'.
The slow progress on the the current bailout will be blamed on Democrats hurting some critical seats.
The fall elections themselves may be badly skewed in their results due to many afraid to go to vote, results could be delayed if vote by mail becomes the dominate way to vote and possible screwing around with ballots and counts.
The best hope for Biden and the Democrats is that the failures, lies, corruption of Trump and his administration, along with the devastating public health and economic problems from this virus will tip it just enough for them.
 
StuckinCMHland
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Yes he can, so can the governor of NY if he is drafted by the Democratic Party at the convention. November is a long time from now.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?


There was a pandemic team set up when Obama was in office. That team was disbanded in 2018. Obama was not in office then. So, yeah. Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

BTW, your comment in another post about not trusting what the government says? "Liberals" have been saying that since at least GHWB. Good to you finally get it.


What specifically could that team have done, and when? Aren't there other healthcare organizations that have had similar capacity? CDC, Fauci's organization. WHO, PAHO, may others.

What actions should have taken place, that didn't take place? Having a massive quantity of designer virus tests on hand? Would that task force have known that? We know that now... but no other group in a country that spends $4T on healthcare per year could handle that?

I think when people focus on the president here, it shows they are really not interested in the topic at hand, they are just yearning for presidential power, which is why it comes up in about 85% of conversations on any subject, whether it is solar flares, hip-hop music, a virus etc.


Seb and others on this forum have such blind rage for Trump and Republicans in general they can't see any other avenue for the mess we are in other than blame Trump for it. I will admit Trump has fallen short especially in not taking this seriously when we knew this could be a threat. However, the trouble hospitals are in go back way farther than the Trump presidency I have a friend who has been a nurse for 35 years she works in NJ she said they are dangerously low on supplies and this is not even started to ramp up yet. Plenty of blame to go around on this one up too and including Trump.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7896
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:19 pm

If Trump plays his cards correctly, it will be difficult for Biden. The bi-partisan bill made it more difficult for Biden. This is the first time poor people are getting a bailout, not just corporations.

Trump's stance, there lack of is a nightmare for Dems.

Right now he may be saying he wants to reopen the country by Easter, at Easter Eve 5 PM Corona press conference he will explain on how to hide eggs inside the house and make it lots of fun for kids.

Believe me kids egg hunt inside the home is going to be a lot of fun like you never have seen or heard before.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2122M, art, Bing [Bot], Etika, flyingwaeldar, IgorD, jetmatt777, jmy007, L410Turbolet, LCDFlight, northwest_guy, SRQLOT, TWA772LR and 37 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos