argentinevol98

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:08 pm

mham001 wrote:

I understand many confuse statements meant to calm the markets as some sort of evidence that he was doing nothing. Or that In fact, if you can dig deep into reports, because msm does not want to say it, there was plenty going on in the background. So far, he beat the rest of the world on vaccine trials. A vaccine that was begun the day the Chinese released the genome data in January. Then remember that everything he did do was heavily criticized by the kneejerks, such as travel restrictions.

It wouldn't have mattered what he did or didn't do, it would have been wrong and all the headlines would have said so.

Lying is a highly ineffective method to calm the markets longer term in this situation. Now the markets are in extra panic and are caught off-guard because of the crap he was spewing. The markets don't trust the government to handle the situation appropriately because no one trusts a word he says anymore and that is an enormous problem-especially as the crisis worsens-and it will worsen. Additionally even if he is responsible somehow for vaccine work why didn't he try to contain the spread like in South Korea? Or even had tests prepared? Surely that is equally important right now?
"He sospechado alguna vez que la única cosa sin misterio es la felicidad, porque se justifica por sí sola"-Jorge Luis Borges

Aaron747

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:12 pm

mham001 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:
But I think you're missing the main criticism... It's not that Trump isn't taking the appropriate measures* now, it that he didn't take them months ago. And that is a very valid criticism. He is starting in a deep hole and he's going to have to do a lot of good just to break even.

Surely that's fair enough? I don't see how someone can ignore anything good being done now* but it's just as unfair to let him off the hook for the crap handling in the first couple months

I understand many confuse statements meant to calm the markets as some sort of evidence that he was doing nothing. Or that In fact, if you can dig deep into reports, because msm does not want to say it, there was plenty going on in the background. So far, he beat the rest of the world on vaccine trials. A vaccine that was begun the day the Chinese released the genome data in January. Then remember that everything he did do was heavily criticized by the kneejerks, such as travel restrictions.

It wouldn't have mattered what he did or didn't do, it would have been wrong and all the headlines would have said so.

Kneejerks and media criticism are irrelevant (and would tamp down quickly) if the decisionmaking and public comments were honest and based on the science. And nobody is saying they were doing *NOTHING* - obviously SMEs in responsible federal agencies have been working their asses off and issuing recommendations since day one. Ultimately the buck stops with the WH, as 33 famously said. The large scale coordination and big picture view of response management needed to be in place from leadership and hasn't been, until like, last week. 'Ridiculous' is charitable, given the resources this country has.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AirWorthy99

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The COVID-19 bungle is as bad as 43 launching into war in a country having zero to do with 9/11, and slightly worse than 44 promising to ‘do something’ about the speculation that led to Lehman shock while instead giving all the Wall Street crooks a ‘too big to fail’ pass.

Another quick take on the scale of this administration’s failed response:

The first coronavirus case in the U.S. and South Korea was detected on the same day. By late January, Seoul had medical companies starting to work on a diagnostic test — one was approved a week later. Today, the U.S. isn’t even close to meeting test demand

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1240 ... 28868?s=21

To put that into context - because the South Koreans were so organized and honest in their response, they have already flattened the case growth curve two months later. Instead we got two months of wasted time and mixed messaging and a failure of the leader to ask the most crucial crisis management questions. And now we’re going to see how bad the healthcare system supply issues really are.

But even so we still have sycophants kissing WH ass and making sugarcoaty statements like this BS:

https://twitter.com/repdougcollins/stat ... 53058?s=21

You know very well I am not kissing WH ass, I call it as I see it. Yes huge blunders but being corrected as we speak.

Like I have pointed out to you many times, the super professional liberal elite that governs Europe has handled this much badly than the current US administration. Perhaps for the simple and stupid fact that Trump was the first to implement the China ban, then the Europe ban.

Just yesterday in Spain they had 160+ deaths, that's more than the entire death toll that the US currently has. Spain had it in one day. That's just one sample.

From my point of view, I am so HAPPY, Trump is our president and not some nice looking liberal European, because as you can see around you, our situation as we write in this forum is much much better than Europe. That doesn't mean it wont get there, but it is buying us time, and yes perhaps the WH should have been better prepared, but right now as you can see this is going to cause mayor havoc in lives and in the economy.

I must say no other president perhaps FDR was the last president to deal with so much, so its going to be a difficult situation and I hope you hope that he gets on this because we ALL might get affected not only by the virus but by an imminent economic collapse.

All the more reason to read the Tim Miller piece I linked in reply 31 because he made a direct comparison to FDR.

The economic steps being suggested are indeed appropriate - we know this because miscreants like Rand Paul are standing almost alone against them. I’m just saying it’s ridiculous that we even got to this point, since, as 45 put it so well: we are the best prepared to beat this. Ya don’t say. Our SMEs in public health were sounding the alarm long enough ago that if our leaders had put some faith in the experts’ ability, we should look like Korea right now. But Kushner, and the market, and pride....yeah. FFS.

I think the best way forward is to debate on what's the best course of action to minimize both the impact in lives and the economy.

Right now, to think the world can wait 12 to 18 months its not realistic and the repercussions would have a huge lasting effect, only last seen during WWII.

If the best one for that is Biden, so be it, hopefully he can make a case if he wishes to get elected, but in any case we are still very far from January 2021 for him to do anything significant. So we all should hope Trump, Pelosi, Mcconnell succeed.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

mham001

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Kneejerks and media criticism are irrelevant (and would tamp down quickly) if the decisionmaking and public comments were honest and based on the science. And nobody is saying they were doing *NOTHING* - obviously SMEs in responsible federal agencies have been working their asses off and issuing recommendations since day one. Ultimately the buck stops with the WH, as 33 famously said. The large scale coordination and big picture view of response management needed to be in place from leadership and hasn't been, until like, last week. 'Ridiculous' is charitable, given the resources this country has.

The media distorted and twisted everything he said or did to portray it as wrong. Even today i read an article in Esquire trashing Trump because he "inexplicably did not accept WHO tests".
Well, first, they were never offered, and second, developing different tests is sound science - but you won't even see that mentioned. So whatever shortcomings the administration did have, was compounded ten fold (and still is) in the media. Who is forming your opinions? That same echo chamber.

Aaron747

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The media distorted and twisted everything he said or did to portray it as wrong. Even today i read an article in Esquire trashing Trump because he "inexplicably did not accept WHO tests".
Well, first, they were never offered, and second, developing different tests is sound science - but you won't even see that mentioned. So whatever shortcomings the administration did have, was compounded ten fold (and still is) in the media. Who is forming your opinions? That same echo chamber.

Still deflecting with non sequiturs - nobody said a crisis should be managed on the basis of whether the media distorts or thinks it's wrong. Every administration operates under intense media scrutiny.

And of course developing different tests is sound science - but that's not the issue. There needs to be an infrastructure in place - and if a lot of ramp up may be needed, a major coordination and deployment plan. This is not difficult to do. In the wine industry, we continually develop plan A, B, C and so-on for various market, weather, contamination, equipment failure and labor-shortage scenarios. This is stuff federal agencies are number crunching for all the time - the WH needs to receive the information, hear out the SMEs, and go with their recommendations. Obviously we didn't have that for two months. And it doesn't matter if you're trying to calm markets - NEVER get in front of a camera and say something completely opposite what highly reputed SMEs have just told the media. PR 101.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aaron747

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:44 pm

argentinevol98 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Lying is a highly ineffective method to calm the markets longer term in this situation. Now the markets are in extra panic and are caught off-guard because of the crap he was spewing. The markets don't trust the government to handle the situation appropriately because no one trusts a word he says anymore and that is an enormous problem-especially as the crisis worsens-and it will worsen. Additionally even if he is responsible somehow for vaccine work why didn't he try to contain the spread like in South Korea? Or even had tests prepared? Surely that is equally important right now?

Lying on these topics is also stupidly unprofessional. Another case in point here:

Trump in the presser just now: “Nobody in their wildest dreams would have ever thought we would need tens of thousands of ventilators.”

Literally he’s saying this just as the New York Times published a story about an HHS report from last year on a simulated virus outbreak—a report that forecast a significant shortage of ventilators.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 23329?s=20

luckyone

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:45 pm

I think it's important we keep in mind that it's only going to matter what those 80,000 voters in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin do. The electoral map looks similar everywhere else. Michigan's Democratic primary MIGHT be a clue, as Biden did very well in Michigan. Unlike Hillary, Biden has a Y chromosome and fewer people are going to be turned off if he decides to go toe-to-toe with Trump. Trump constantly beat the "Lock her up" drum during the 2016 campaign, which reinforced an already tepid response to Clinton. It's debatable if he'll have such an easy target on Biden. Beyond that who can say because a lot can happen between now and November.

argentinevol98

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Lying on these topics is also stupidly unprofessional. Another case in point here:

Trump in the presser just now: “Nobody in their wildest dreams would have ever thought we would need tens of thousands of ventilators.”

Literally he’s saying this just as the New York Times published a story about an HHS report from last year on a simulated virus outbreak—a report that forecast a significant shortage of ventilators.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 23329?s=20

Fully agree. I'd add beyond unprofessional that in a crisis like this it is immoral (well in a sense almost any situation in daily life as well).
"He sospechado alguna vez que la única cosa sin misterio es la felicidad, porque se justifica por sí sola"-Jorge Luis Borges

rfields5421

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:30 pm

A month ago I would have said no way anyone could defeat Trump this fall.

Today, I'm not sure.

I've said many times US presidential elections are decided almost always by economics. No matter the number of deaths, illnesses, loss of jobs or what, if in October and November, the people going into the voting booth feel unsure and worried about their personal economic situation - the incumbent will likely be voted out of office.

The economy doesn't have to be particularly bad, just if the incumbent is not viewed as 'doing something' to make things better, he/she may be replaced.

The new guy/gal seldom has a solid plan to 'do something' to make things better. Just a vague hope by the voters that he/she might be better.

Everything that Trump has done/ accomplished in the past three years just got dumped out the window with the three day old fish.
Not all who wander are lost.

NIKV69

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:52 pm

BN747 wrote:
..and in the minds of the conservative/racist persuasion .. that is exactly what Abrams is. Trip over some non-Fox periodically, you'll find she's quite popular in non-racist circles.
And instead of being distracted by Abrams, her sex, her skin color...the operative term used above describing her best attribute - an energizer... above those things that annoy 'the trump Supporters' - but of course, they don't wish to see beyond their limitations.

BN747

I know many are still clinging to the nonsense that Abrams should be a Governor and that is was stolen from her (which is complete nonsense) and I kind of think Biden will be bullied into picking her. Though I still stand by my earlier prediction of Klobuchar.
I am the Googlizer!!!

stratosphere

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
..and in the minds of the conservative/racist persuasion .. that is exactly what Abrams is. Trip over some non-Fox periodically, you'll find she's quite popular in non-racist circles.
And instead of being distracted by Abrams, her sex, her skin color...the operative term used above describing her best attribute - an energizer... above those things that annoy 'the trump Supporters' - but of course, they don't wish to see beyond their limitations.

BN747

I know many are still clinging to the nonsense that Abrams should be a Governor and that is was stolen from her (which is complete nonsense) and I kind of think Biden will be bullied into picking her. Though I still stand by my earlier prediction of Klobuchar.

I think Klobuchar would be the smarter pick but I agree I think he will be bullied into picking Abrams who IMHO would be a disaster but you know the fringe left it's all about identity politics.

bgm

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Here's a nice little video (with calendar) to show (in Trump's own words) his response to the Covid-19 crisis during the past 2 months. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7_t2Ri2Zg
Less praying, more hand washing.

Dutchy

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Has anyone put up the question yet, if the elections will be postponed due to the virus?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

AirWorthy99

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Has anyone put up the question yet, if the elections will be postponed due to the virus?

IF a lock down of the country persists till November. I fear there will be no country. This needs to end in weeks. So no, there will be elections and there will be normal life in the coming weeks. Or else.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

Dutchy

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

IF a lock down of the country persists till November. I fear there will be no country. This needs to end in weeks. So no, there will be elections and there will be normal life in the coming weeks. Or else.

Then it will be "or else", this will not be over in weeks, no way.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

ER757

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 pm

It will be entirely dependent on what the democratic voters who stayed home in 2016 and the independents do this time around. If they don't come out in force, Trump wins. I know quite a number of folks who would be considered part of Trump's base and they are, to a person, hard core devotees. The will, with 100% certainty turn out and vote. In and of themselves, they would not be enough to counteract a strong dem/independent turnout, but if those voters stay home again, Trump will win a 2nd term.

AirWorthy99

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Then it will be "or else", this will not be over in weeks, no way.

The governments can't print out and borrow money indefinitely. The disease won't be over, but closing and stopping all economic activity for such a long period, not ever seen before will for certain collapse everything around you like nothing ever seen. Hopefully in some months some level of normalcy can return but to stay locked down for 12 to 18 months, no way to actually forecast what will be the end result of that.

Tugger

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:01 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
The governments can't print out and borrow money indefinitely. The disease won't be over, but closing and stopping all economic activity for such a long period, not ever seen before will for certain collapse everything around you like nothing ever seen. Hopefully in some months some level of normalcy can return but to stay locked down for 12 to 18 months, no way to actually forecast what will be the end result of that.

Oh I'm actually waiting for Trump to say something about declaring bankruptcy, something like it, for US foreign held debt. It would be very like him to think that would help the market and the USA.... because I mean by the end of this year we'll have $24--$25 in debt and he'll want to help reduce that....

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

NIKV69

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I doubt the lock down will last long. We will have elections as scheduled.
I am the Googlizer!!!

rfields5421

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:

There must be a selection of electors must occur. The new Congress must take office at noon on January 3rd. If there is no election, there is no Congress.

Extending terms due to an 'emergency' will require a constitutional amendment.

If there is no election, President Trump and Vice President Pence leave office at noon on Jan 20, with no replacements.

Again, changing that requires an amendment to the constitution.

If this continues, I expect a massive effort to encourage people to vote by absentee ballot.

The state of Oregon does not have in-person voting. At least that is the way I read the information. All votes are cast via mail.

That model might be possible to rollout to other states.

Tugger wrote:
Oh I'm actually waiting for Trump to say something about declaring bankruptcy, something like it, for US foreign held debt. It would be very like him to think that would help the market and the USA.... because I mean by the end of this year we'll have $24--$25 in debt and he'll want to help reduce that....

Tugg

Bankruptcy might help, especially if US debt held by China were made invalid first.

No matter what, I expect the next president to be stuck with the unpleasant task of having to raise taxes to pay for the current US government response. We will all be paying higher taxes for 10-20 years to pay for this.

BN747

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:57 pm

stratosphere wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I think Klobuchar would be the smarter pick but I agree I think he will be bullied into picking Abrams who IMHO would be a disaster but you know the fringe left it's all about identity politics.

This president has proven that fear of power women, esp. black women is a legitimate concern.

A feeling shared by all of his white male supporters..and this is a surprise to whom exactly?

And no, Nikki Haley/Tulsi Gabbard is seen in the same dubious light by women as Clarence Thomas & Ben Carson is seen by blacks.
Nikki Haley/Tulsi Gabbard can muster a few votes but neither can a dent in women support nationally, hell, Palin would still do better with her supertanker of baggage than either of those two...they are women with 'some power' but in the face of troglodytes like trump, they know their place.

Powerful women possess and will assert their Independence in all things relevant. Each of them fall extremely far from that bar.
Powerful Black women, already a force of reckon, would be lethal if came they armed with the benefits of 'white privilege'...but they do exceptional 'considering' the HUGE numbers of white conservative males and a select number white females who hold such racial disdain for them in general.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:03 am

rfields5421 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

There must be a selection of electors must occur. The new Congress must take office at noon on January 3rd. If there is no election, there is no Congress.

Extending terms due to an 'emergency' will require a constitutional amendment.

If there is no election, President Trump and Vice President Pence leave office at noon on Jan 20, with no replacements.

You might want to check in on the Presidential Succession Act, secondly, those Senators not up for reelection, still hold Congressional power. And likely, those Senators would decide the course of action. There will be a short period with no president at worst.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

rfields5421

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am

I seriously doubt it will get that far. And while the Senators would have office, they cannot select a replacement President. Only the House of Representatives has that power under the constitution, and only if the votes of the electors do not select a new President (or re-elect the current one).

But, mainly I was pointing out that the Presidential election process cannot be postponed beyond the 3rd of January.

And an alternative to voting in person does exist.

I spent 20 years in the US Navy and never voted in person during that time. Since becoming full-time living in an RV, wife and I have only voted absentee.

Political parties do NOT like the people not being herded into masses to vote. Nor candidates, were votes might feel freedom from pressure to decide RIGHT NOW to cast their vote.

NIKV69

Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:32 am

BN747 wrote:
This president has proven that fear of power women, esp. black women is a legitimate concern.

A feeling shared by all of his white male supporters..and this is a surprise to whom exactly?

When exactly did Trump exhibit this fear of a black women? Be specific.

Nobody is afraid of Abrams, there is no reason to be. She is just a sore loser who you are trying to make some sort of important figure and smear the whole GOP as racist.

BN747 wrote:

And no, Nikki Haley/Tulsi Gabbard is seen in the same dubious light by women as Clarence Thomas & Ben Carson is seen by blacks.

Words can't describe this statement.

BN747 wrote:

Powerful women possess and will assert their Independence in all things relevant. Each of them fall extremely far from that bar.
Powerful Black women, already a force of reckon, would be lethal if came they armed with the benefits of 'white privilege'...but they do exceptional 'considering' the HUGE numbers of white conservative males and a select number white females who hold such racial disdain for them in general.

BN747

This whole "White people are afraid of black women in power" routine is so old. Of course its not even remotely true but as always it used to explain why Abrams lost her election which you can't let go. It's ok keep it in the playbook. It's entertaining to watch it keep failing.
I am the Googlizer!!!

WarRI1

Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:34 am

I do not know, but to take an idea from the Christian Right, I am hoping and a praying he does beat trump. ;)
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

LCDFlight

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 am

Biden CAN win, but he will need a lot of help. He is a confused and feeble elderly man. He has made gaffes and shown poor judgment throughout his career. Yet he has a decent common touch, and that’s essential.

The election is about establishment rule versus insurgent rule, again. Biden is hardly any kind of liberal candidate, and Trump is not so conservative - on a lifetime basis he is probably more liberal than Biden. This is really about Establishment versus insurgent. IMO.

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Nobody is afraid of Abrams, there is no reason to be. She is just a sore loser who you are trying to make some sort of important figure and smear the whole GOP as racist.

Dude quit already, everyone knows the GOP is the home of America's most dedicated racist and the Racist-lite types. Their History speaks for itself.

As for trump's racist behavior, other racist cannot detect it ..it because in the minds of racist, nothing is.

That's why you have a hard time identifying in anyone else....everything seems normal except 'these minorities keep getting erupting about equal treatment, what's wrong with them?
Ask History Past & Present.
It is universally known a recorded past...look it up, if you really care and we know you do not. You're just into continuous :stirthepot:

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

This whole "White people are afraid of black women in power" routine is so old. Of course its not even remotely true but as always it used to explain why Abrams lost her election which you can't let go. It's ok keep it in the playbook. It's entertaining to watch it keep failing.

READ - there is no 'whole People' anything...just millions who simply can't let go of racism and need to keep it alive. And trump has signaled to them...it's perfectly 'OK'.

BN747

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:11 am

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Dude quit already, everyone knows the GOP is the home of America's most dedicated racist and the Racist-lite types. Their History speaks for itself.

As for trump's racist behavior, other racist cannot detect it ..it because in the minds of racist, nothing is.

That's why you have a hard time identifying in anyone else....everything seems normal except 'these minorities keep getting erupting about equal treatment, what's wrong with them?
Ask History Past & Present.
It is universally known a recorded past...look it up, if you really care and we know you do not. You're just into continuous :stirthepot:

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

READ - there is no 'whole People' anything...just millions who simply can't let go of racism and need to keep it alive. And trump has signaled to them...it's perfectly 'OK'.

And YES, all racists think racism does not exist and shouldn't be a thing.

BN747

Tugger

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:13 am

LCDFlight wrote:
, and Trump is not so conservative - on a lifetime basis he is probably more liberal than Biden.

I could e OK with him if that were the case, the issue is he is a manipulative dolt. He manipulates his base, though they think he is genuine, he is what you note, not a real anything. He plays to his own benefit and doesn't care how much harm he cause people or the nation (unless it affects him, then he cares). He is not conservative nor able to manage actual politics. He does not work his best for the public he supposedly serves.

The sooner he is gone, the sooner the nation care move towards recovery. He is and has been a poor president.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

NIKV69

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:37 am

BN747 wrote:

Ok I get it, you can't give me one example so you just revert back to everyone is racist. Got it. :sarcastic:

Hopefully he picks Harris or Bottoms so at least we have some eye candy to look at as Biden flubs his lines.
I am the Googlizer!!!

TTailedTiger

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Ok I get it, you can't give me one example so you just revert back to everyone is racist. Got it. :sarcastic:

Hopefully he picks Harris or Bottoms so at least we have some eye candy to look at as Biden flubs his lines.

Biden/Bottoms 2020

The jokes will write themselves.

:D

Aaron747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 am

Tugger wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
, and Trump is not so conservative - on a lifetime basis he is probably more liberal than Biden.

I could e OK with him if that were the case, the issue is he is a manipulative dolt. He manipulates his base, though they think he is genuine, he is what you note, not a real anything. He plays to his own benefit and doesn't care how much harm he cause people or the nation (unless it affects him, then he cares). He is not conservative nor able to manage actual politics. He does not work his best for the public he supposedly serves.

The sooner he is gone, the sooner the nation care move towards recovery. He is and has been a poor president.

Tugg

45 actually has a huge opportunity here to expand populism far beyond where it has been in America. Coronavirus is laying bare that wealth, not race, is the true privilege in American life. People are PO’d that those with $$$ are jumping the line for testing ahead of doctors and RNs - people I’ve talked to of all political stripes think it’s basically criminal. It will only get worse as it becomes clear the survivors of severe cases will be well off and everyone below will bear the brunt of pulmonary damage, death, retirement fund and job losses.

There’ll be enough anger out there 45 could capitalize big-time, but alas he will probably miss out because he’s surrounded by corporatists and his son-in-law is still doing shady deals up the wazoo while his out of touch daughter tweets dumbfuckery like camping out in the living room all day with kids (as if no moms out there are expected to be working productively at home right now).

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:28 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Yep, in minds like that here someone identify racists 'they heard you say Everyone'...a very special Brain trust that type.

As for trump's actions you're a proven Googlizer for info, stop pretending you haven't read about every black woman he's encountered he's been specially nasty toward them all fro,m reporter April Ryan to Maxine Waters and many in between. But ..please continue with the 'I'm totally unware' skit, it looks tragic when adults endless live in that void.

BN747

DeltaMD90

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Abrams? She seems like a nice person, but I do not know much about her (experience, policies, etc.)

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:02 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on Abrams? She seems like a nice person, but I do not know much about her (experience, policies, etc.)

Simply watch her SOTU response address, see for yourself. Libs here know her, the others ..well, 3-words Strong Powerful Woman. An omitted adjective would make it four.

But see if you can spot why Righties dislike her...curious to say the least.

BN747

rfields5421

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:20 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:

I don't know much about her either. But she's a bit young to be considered Presidential material, and her lack of non-government experience might hurt.

2024, she might be have a chance of running, doubtful she will get past March primaries.

2028 or 2032 would likely work for her for a serious run.

Odds are that a Democrat will be elected in 2024, re-elected, and a Republican in 2032, re-elected. So the timing of 2040 when she is about 67 years old will be her best bet.

She needs much more exposure on a national scale. VP in 2024 would be a good goal for her.

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:

I don't know much about her either. But she's a bit young to be considered Presidential material, and her lack of non-government experience might hurt.

2024, she might be have a chance of running, doubtful she will get past March primaries.

Odds are that a Democrat will be elected in 2024, re-elected, and a Republican in 2032, re-elected. So the timing of 2040 when she is about 67 years old will be her best bet.

She needs much more exposure on a national scale. VP in 2024 would be a good goal for her.

If only your standard held out and applied to Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin, experience? Look at the Mess of a president in office right now? She's far more exceptional than any of those.

Hmmm..an exceptional Veep candidate? None come to mind...

As of this moment, I and anyone familiar with her, knows hands down she's far more capable than Pence at this very moment, the Criminal-in-Chief? Him too...

This 'experience' thing can only be of serious concern to anyone capable of admitting that trump is the exemplar of 'no experience' results, if no one can hold that to him... then they're own 'experience' claim is merely a rouse.

We are looking in real time at Incompetence in Charge, top to bottom in this administration..just YES men. That is not good governance...period.

BN747

rfields5421

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:51 pm

VP is a chance to prove one's ability in a leadership role.

We know how well Quayle did. My father called him the best life insurance George H.W. Bush ever had.

If she's as good as you say, and she chooses to seek the White House, I'm saying recent history is her best shot at winning the White House would be 2040 after voters are fed up with eight years of Republican leadership.

I don't think she will be in a position to take the nomination in 2024. Democrats are already lining up for that battle. But if she did accept the VP position in 2024, and the Democrats won, which I think is likely after 4 more years of the Clown in Chief - she would have an opportunity to prove herself on a national scale.

If she turned into another Quayle, well. Better to find out while the person is a VP than the current situation.

Personally, I've always felt Pence pushed for the VP slot with the goal of a run in 2024. Probably unsuccessful, but coming back four or eight years later to win.

I've also felt that Pence was a greater danger as a more radical right slave. I knew Trump was a stupid egotistical fool. And greatly underestimated the depth of his stupidity and his insecurity that every single thing must be credited to him..

stratosphere

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:58 pm

BN747 wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:

If only your standard held out and applied to Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin, experience? Look at the Mess of a president in office right now? She's far more exceptional than any of those.

As of this moment, I and anyone familiar with her, knows hands down she's far more capable than Pence at this very moment, the Criminal-in-Chief? Him too...

This 'experience' thing can only be of serious concern to anyone capable of admitting that trump is the exemplar of 'no experience' results, if no one can hold that to him... then they're own 'experience' claim is merely a rouse.

We are looking in real time at Incompetence in Charge, top to bottom in this administration..just YES men. That is not good governance...period.

BN747

Don't know what you're smokin there BN exceptional? Hardly I was never a fan of Quayle or Palin either. I think Klobachar is a better choice hell if you want a black woman even Kamala Harris is a better choice than Abrams. Besides her crying racism every chance she gets she is under investigation by the Georgia state ethics committee for one she also is 200k in personal tax credit card and student loan debt blaming race and gender for her financial woes while downplaying the impact of her personal and financial choices.

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:59 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
VP is a chance to prove one's ability in a leadership role.

We know how well Quayle did. My father called him the best life insurance George H.W. Bush ever had.

If she's as good as you say, and she chooses to seek the White House, I'm saying recent history is her best shot at winning the White House would be 2040 after voters are fed up with eight years of Republican leadership.

I don't think she will be in a position to take the nomination in 2024. Democrats are already lining up for that battle. But if she did accept the VP position in 2024, and the Democrats won, which I think is likely after 4 more years of the Clown in Chief - she would have an opportunity to prove herself on a national scale.

Your opinion is respected and everyone has their own.
But the 'experience thing' is a weak argument in the face of what we are seeing right now.

The United States IS made of better stuff than that shitshow we see everyday of a fat bumbling fool acting like he can actually do this job - which he clearly cannot.
His every move reflects the thought process of a child, giving Pence the task..then jumping in front of Pence every chance he gets, his we'll see what happens nonsense. What leader says 'we'll see what happens? A leader with no vision, no skills, not even a working real world thought process.

The US has never been this low, I want to say we must never allow ourselves to be duped by a clown 'willing to playing with our lives' like toys.

I hear a lot of anti-Elector College rhetoric here, but not one single 'logical' argument to keep the Losers Route to the Presidency.
No Logical rationale exist.

rfields5421 wrote:
If she turned into another Quayle, well. Better to find out while the person is a VP than the current situation.

Or a Palin or a Pence, your unfamiliarity of Abrams is only reason you display such doubts - maybe it's disinterest or other reasons...but regardless, her popularity signals a lot of people have taken notice and they like what they hear. And they hear Intelligent thoughts, Intelligent analysis, Intelligent responses all the while being humble and relatable to persons of every walk of life.
Quayle, Pence, trump, Palin, Romney even Biden cannot meet those attributes.

rfields5421 wrote:
Personally, I've always felt Pence pushed for the VP slot with the goal of a run in 2024. Probably unsuccessful, but coming back four or eight years later to win.

I've also felt that Pence was a greater danger as a more radical right slave. I knew Trump was a stupid egotistical fool. And greatly underestimated the depth of his stupidity and his insecurity that every single thing must be credited to him..

Thus his breaking his neck to jump in front of Pence every time he speaks due to deep seated insecurities than can't be measured - like a child.

BN747

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:16 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

BN747

Don't know what you're smokin there BN exceptional? Hardly I was never a fan of Quayle or Palin either. I think Klobachar is a better choice hell if you want a black woman even Kamala Harris is a better choice than Abrams. Besides her crying racism every chance she gets she is under investigation by the Georgia state ethics committee for one she also is 200k in personal tax credit card and student loan debt blaming race and gender for her financial woes while downplaying the impact of her personal and financial choices.

Then you've heard nothing from Abrams at all. Nothing.

Your simplistic tossing out 'crying racism' says it all.

But your saying that is the auto trigger for all racists. "They are crying racism" "when they scream Racism" " They talk about race all the time"
You only hear that from group of people - those who harbor racist attitudes but refuse to own it. So they immediately try to shut it down by say 'always crying Racism'

Only racist hate discussions on Race, only them. Everyone else can discuss race and anything else but not these people. It drives them nuts in the same way Rapist hate talk trashing Rapist, like Pedophiles hate discussions of people like them. Racists are they same way "Don't talk about it..cuz you're talking about me!"...so they shout it down every chance they get! There's no other possible explanation for this type of reaction to the discussion of race. They can discuss WWII anything in history with ease except that one subject. And every member on this board that has used that argument are all conservatives...and one had the temerity to ask 'why are the GOP considered racist' .. one needs to only look at their legislative conduct (honestly)

Recorded History does not lie. It is ..what it is.

That tells us these type of people cannot be counted on to help eradicate it but certainly are on board with ignoring it in the least and furthering it at it's worse.

"investigation by the Georgia state ethics committee for one she also is 200k in personal tax credit card and student loan debt blaming race and gender for her financial woes while downplaying the impact of her personal and financial choices"

Sorry you're so naive to so easily embrace the dirty play and smear off her, in the South of places...and you think this is all normal and above board.

This..."investigation by the Georgia state ethics committee for one she also is 200k in personal tax credit card and student loan debt blaming race and gender for her financial woes while downplaying the impact of her personal and financial choices"...is the kind of jacked up BS you can only find in places where you have crooked turd like Brian Kemp (overseeing an election in which he's running"
and think that's fair and above board.

That's the same thinking of the good old Southern 12 white jurors finding the black defendant guilty regardless of evidence.

Reverse the role, Abrams as GA Secy of State running for Gov. against Kemp.
24 hours could not past before Georgia Republicans led by a Dog Collins fuel mob banging down the door to demand she resign and not oversee an election in which she's participating.
No woman could pull that off, white or black, no Latino would dare try it...but white man in the South, he's still 'got it'...there, in the still racist South.

That successful stunt by Kemp would never fly in California or New York, it could ONLY fly in a Southern state as it did, that is a fact.

BN747

NIKV69

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:15 pm

BN747 wrote:
As for trump's actions you're a proven Googlizer for info, stop pretending you haven't read about every black woman he's encountered he's been specially nasty toward them all fro,m reporter April Ryan to Maxine Waters and many in between. But ..please continue with the 'I'm totally unware' skit, it looks tragic when adults endless live in that void.

BN747

Googlizer? You sir have won this thread! That is just too funny!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Googlizer? You sir have won this thread! That is just too funny!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Accepting that wearing Bomb Squad gear...

BN747

MaverickM11

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:46 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I just love that Fox was telling its ancient, dolt viewers that it was all a big ole' hoax. Until they realized that the mortality rate for the virus and the median age for their viewers would mean a big drop off in MyPillow sales. Y'all did a swell job there! :rotfl: Keep lickin' doorknobs 4 Trump mham.

Aaron747 wrote:
There’ll be enough anger out there 45 could capitalize big-time, but alas he will probably miss out because he’s surrounded by corporatists and his son-in-law is still doing shady deals up the wazoo while his out of touch daughter tweets dumbfuckery like camping out in the living room all day with kids (as if no moms out there are expected to be working productively at home right now).

He could but he won't. And "I don't take responsibility at all" and a montage of the last few weeks quotes and exploding corona virus cases will be played 24/7 until then. And it will only get worse.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Aaron747

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:25 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I just love that Fox was telling its ancient, dolt viewers that it was all a big ole' hoax. Until they realized that the mortality rate for the virus and the median age for their viewers would mean a big drop off in MyPillow sales. Y'all did a swell job there! :rotfl: Keep lickin' doorknobs 4 Trump mham.

Aaron747 wrote:

He could but he won't. And "I don't take responsibility at all" and a montage of the last few weeks quotes and exploding corona virus cases will be played 24/7 until then. And it will only get worse.

Spoke too soon! How’s this for a campaign video - when your steely NIH director just can’t take the childish BS anymore:

https://www.facebook.com/10000019398645 ... 41033/?d=n

MaverickM11

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:43 am

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Aaron747 wrote:

Spoke too soon! How’s this for a campaign video - when your steely NIH director just can’t take the childish BS anymore:

And you can bet that a) tomorrow's presser will just be as bonkers if not more and b) it will only get worse.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BN747

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:54 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

And you can bet that a) tomorrow's presser will just be as bonkers if not more and b) it will only get worse.

As I've said all along...his mouth will end op doing him in.

I guess watching Pence 'looking presidential on tv'..for one day - without him was a bridge too far! TV..he's the one who belongs on all TV screens, not Pence, not the others (aside from back drop props).

That along should tell any thinking person 'this is puerile'..America's leader has sunk to the bottom of DC's cesspool...so yeah tomorrow, Pence will not be alone.
trump's poll numbers would be like 60% had he just STFU and stayed away, that's it just sit back and reap the praise of your team (it's still an act, no one is buying anything those clowns are selling)
nevertheless, he'd look a whole lot less foolish than what his mouth has done to him since the 1st presser.

Tomorrow? The Leader will be there...making a fool of himself (via his lips), count on it.

BN747

Aaron747

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:56 am

BN747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I guess watching Pence 'looking presidential on tv'..for one day - without him was a bridge too far! TV..he's the one who belongs on all TV screens, not Pence, not the others (aside from back drop props).

That along should tell any thinking person 'this is puerile'..America's leader has sunk to the bottom of DC's cesspool...so yeah tomorrow, Pence will not be alone.
trump's poll numbers would be like 60% had he just STFU and stayed away, that's it just sit back and reap the praise of your team (it's still an act, no one is buying anything those clowns are selling)
nevertheless, he'd look a whole lot less foolish than what his mouth has done to him since the 1st presser.

Tomorrow? The Leader will be there...making a fool of himself (via his lips), count on it.

BN747

And misleading his knuckledragging fans with erroneous health information while contradicting what Dr. Fauci says, yet again.

BN747

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 am

Aaron747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

BN747

And misleading his knuckledragging fans with erroneous health information while contradicting what Dr. Fauci says, yet again.

I watched your Fauci FB vid ...and if you can't spot an honest visceral reaction like that and take it for exactly what it portrayed, you should never be responsible for anything 'not your own'.

That look came from the gut, a gut reaction saying 'WTF'????

But the MAGA boys..they see a fearless leading taking charge (of podium). but ok, fellas he's taking charge alright.

BN747

BawliBooch

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm

No way! Bernie or bust baby!

The DNC establishment has clearly chosen to destroy the Democratic Party just to keep Bernie and a revolution out!
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!