TSS
Topic Author

New Marvel Comics "Superheroes"

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Has Marvel Comics completely lost it? Marvel introduces new "superheroes" that take the woke trend to a whole new level:

Marvel's Woke New Heroes Snowflake & Safespace- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUW3VKcaFYc

A couple of choice selections from the comments:

"Their main villain is called "Hetero boy" a simple white dude who likes girls and love free speech lol"

"I think their nemesis should be Patriarch, and his sidekick, HeteroNorm."

"I'm guessing facts or common sense is their kryptonite."
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

ArchGuy1

Re: New Marvel Comics "Superheroes"

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Hopefully, they can continue to innovate and make the MCU even more innovative.

Aesma

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm

I think the way it's done is "unnatural", and the marketing of it is over the top. However the reaction from the incels and conservative snowflakes is also totally ridiculous.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

TSS
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:28 am

Aesma wrote:
I think the way it's done is "unnatural", and the marketing of it is over the top. However the reaction from the incels and conservative snowflakes is also totally ridiculous.

If by "incels and conservative snowflakes" you refer to the people who actually buy comic books, or at least used to when they were entertaining, I'm not sure their reaction is out of line. Marvel used to be great, then they started pandering to the people who never have and never will buy their comic books while simultaneously attacking and vilifying their own customer base, the ones who actually put the money in Marvel's coffers, in a misguided attempt to score political correctness points with the woke mob. There is a saying which states "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Marvel has been gnawing on the hands that feed them for a while now and this latest undisguised attempt at pandering to a group that never was and never will be Marvel customers is just a particularly large chomp.

Aside from that, the attempt at pandering was so poorly conceived and badly executed that it managed to infuriate the very people it was supposed to pander to as well. To anyone paying attention, the people who actually do buy comic books as one example, this strongly suggests that Marvel is not merely consciously going in the wrong direction but that they instead have no idea what they're doing.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

tommy1808

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

Aesma wrote:

Anyone surprised that the youtube channel also denies climate change?

If true, its brilliant marketing. Plenty of people will just buy it to spite those ....

TSS wrote:
If by "incels and conservative snowflakes" you refer to the people who actually buy comic books, or at least used to when they were entertaining,

I did read comic books all my life and I never cared the last bit about those characters opinions as long the story was good.

I'm not sure their reaction is out of line. Marvel used to be great, then they started pandering to the people who never have and never will buy their comic books while simultaneously attacking and vilifying their own customer base, the ones who actually put the money in Marvel's coffers,

Oh, you mean like when it became a star wars level multi billion USD franchise?

Best regards
Thomas
....the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero

VSMUT

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Aesma wrote:

:checkmark:

There are legitimate reasons to criticise everything from Marvel and the new Star Wars movies, but these really annoying conservative snowflakes always focus solely on lessor or non-issues like this. They are the kind of people who would slam the new Star Wars movies more for having a female main character, completely ignoring that the rest of the story was complete trash regardless of gender.
I'm almost certain the person behind the video also considers "antifa" the biggest threat to society.

DeltaMD90

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:36 pm

VSMUT wrote:
There are legitimate reasons to criticise everything from Marvel and the new Star Wars movies, but these really annoying conservative snowflakes always focus solely on lessor or non-issues like this. They are the kind of people who would slam the new Star Wars movies more for having a female main character, completely ignoring that the rest of the story was complete trash regardless of gender.

YES. The worst part is, when I say the new Star Wars are garbage, I immediately have to defend myself because I'm lumped into the 'triggered at women and minority actors' crowd. No, the movies just sucked ass (well, I should say, I don't mind 7, 8 was an abomination, and I don't even care to watch 9.)

VSMUT wrote:
I'm almost certain the person behind the video also considers "antifa" the biggest threat to society.

That's the problem I have with the SJW crowd. They make SJWs look like the worst problem to humanity ever. There were a few YouTubers I used to like and then everything became anti feminism and anti SJW... it's not like I disagreed with a lot of their points, I just didn't care. They make it sound like this is a huge pervasive thing instead of a tiny tiny tiny minority

I've seen a few of the YouTuber's video. He's super edgy. Basically, he's become so anti SJW he is just the right wing opposite extreme. He of course defends everything Trump or the right does just to own the libs. He's awful. It's sad because I'm sure he used to be logical, combatting dogma and irrationality, but then got so into it he became dogmatic himself, just on the opposing side. At least that's what happened to a lot of YouTubers I used to like...

The super anti-SJW crowd is some of the most cringy I've ever seen. I'm glad I didn't follow the community and become one of them... I'll just casually laugh at the crazier SJWs from afar like 90% of the population instead of obsessing over them

tommy1808

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:28 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
The super anti-SJW crowd is some of the most cringy I've ever seen. I'm glad I didn't follow the community and become one of them... I'll just casually laugh at the crazier SJWs from afar like 90% of the population instead of obsessing over them

And the problem is vastly overstated....

Just check out the YouTube channel of "feminist frequency" ... they are really big kids on the SJW rock, and look at the number of views they get... especially in line of how many subscribers they have.

Best regards
Thomas
....the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero