Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Thoughts on Bill de Blasio

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:16 am

As you may know, Bill de Blasio has been Mayor of New York City since 2014 and has enacted a number of liberal policies for the city. He has a number of policy differences compared to Guiliani and Bloomberg. What are your opinions about DeBlasio and do you think he has done a good job or bad job running New York.

stlgph

Re: Thoughts on Bill de Blasio

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Cuomo has basically stepped in and become mayor of New York City.

DeBlasio is a worthless shit. Entirely. Worthless.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

WesternDC6B

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:20 pm

New Yorkers voted for him; he's their problem.
“Pedantic” defined: spelling “pedantic” “pædantic”.

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:05 am

WesternDC6B wrote:

What have his policies done to New York.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:19 am

stlgph wrote:

Cuomo hates him so that tells you all you need to know.

WesternDC6B wrote:

NY City voters and only a very small amount turned out to vote.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Newark727

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:22 am

I guess I ought to like him more than I do, as I'm maybe not that far away from him politically. But him and Cuomo can't go five minutes without fighting over something, which is annoying, and he just generally seems like kind of a goober?

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 am

Newark727 wrote:
I guess I ought to like him more than I do, as I'm maybe not that far away from him politically. But him and Cuomo can't go five minutes without fighting over something, which is annoying, and he just generally seems like kind of a goober?

Why is there always fighting between Cuomo and DeBlasio.

Cadet985

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am

If I wrote what I really think of him, I’d be blocked from posting for some time.

The criminals in NYC love him.

Marc

NIKV69

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 am

Newark727 wrote:

LOL that is a good way of putting it.
I am the Googlizer!!!

anrec80

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
What have his policies done to New York.

Nothing good. If you take a stroll along an avenue or a street in a residential neighborhood, you see more and more closed stores with "for rent" signs. When my mom visited the City after a few months absence, she noted increased number of homeless people and no former feeling of safety in the City. And what's worse - the likes of Di Blasio and AOC got majority in State's assembly.

TTailedTiger

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 am

Well we know he is definitely dishonest. The governor of NY refuted his claims about Trump not doing anything to assist them.

mark787

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 am

The worst mayor that NY has ever had. Crime in NY is mushrooming out of control. The subways are back to the way they were in the 70s and 80s when you couldn't ride it without getting attacked or robbed. Graffiti is back on the subways. oh and great days if you are a criminal. The NYPD hate him, FDNY hate him, MTA hate him, even the rats in the subway hate him. This was the same schmuck that said two Fridays ago that "schools will be open Monday" to "the sky is falling, school closed to 2025" all in under 24 hours time. And that was me being nice.

BN747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 am

mark787 wrote:
The worst mayor that NY has ever had. Crime in NY is mushrooming out of control. The subways are back to the way they were in the 70s and 80s when you couldn't ride it without getting attacked or robbed. Graffiti is back on the subways. oh and great days if you are a criminal. The NYPD hate him, FDNY hate him, MTA hate him, even the rats in the subway hate him. This was the same schmuck that said two Fridays ago that "schools will be open Monday" to "the sky is falling, school closed to 2025" all in under 24 hours time. And that was me being nice.

Sensationalize Much?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/07/us/p ... stats.html
The Truth About New York’s Rising Murder Numbers
Murders rose in 2019 for the first time in three years, yet they are still extremely low compared with past eras, and reports of other violent crimes crept up only slightly or declined.

No Mayor can stop crime.

Any Mayor can find a Chief Gates or a Bernard Kerik to run their PDs.
All you need is a knucklehead (every urban corner bar host at least 2 or more)

Past NYC Police/Crime efforts - and everyone can see it, has been racist as F***

Many New Yorkers are still smarting over their 1st Black Mayor David Dinkins.

DeBlasio married to a black woman and proud of it and their kids might as well be Dinkins 2.0 because of the fact. Period.

In bad times it is easy as hell to turn your hatred onto the easy target... and these are certainly not good times. And no one on Earth has a shorter fuse than the 'real NYkers'...no one.
So yeah because DeBlasio tried to change that century old troglodyte Police force and mellow them the F out, he has been and will not catch more hell thrown at him than he truly deserves.

Obama could be Mayor of NYC easily -- because of his previous occupation, but were he just some Joe Slob from Bed-Sty, he'd a slim chance (because the 1st black guy always absorbs most of the heat in every situation where he's the first) Dinkins made that possible and there will be one in the near future.

But bet you a Corona Hazmat Suit that DeBlasio is popular with Blacks, NY Ricans and most other minorities, it is mostly the outlying whites who have an axe to grind with him as well as every Dinkins hater not six feet under.

I think given the task he's taking on - NYPD reform attempt - is like AMLO trying root out corruption in Mexico - impossible.

Most of those cops are NYkers too and as a big gang, their network is very tight, no large city PD is that cohesive.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

mark787

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 am

BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

Do you live in NY? I do. Quoting the NYT as one of the sources doesn't do you much with their superb quality like the other rags like the NY Post and Daily News. I also have personal photographs and videos to show you all the vandalized subway trains with graffiti that occurred in the past two months where whole entire trains are painted from end to end costing the tax payers thousands of dollars to clean with lost revenue. I have plenty to see on a regular basis as I trek through the subway and through the streets, and not much to sensationalize here. Also don't know why we are throwing in race here and as if De Blasio being married to a black woman with black kids has any relevancy to his performance as mayor. When you are bad at something, you really can't hide it can you? He can be married to E.T. for all I care, he still doesn't make a good Mayor. In bad times he is an easy target
? What bad times? The coronavirus outbreak? That's fresh news. before that we were in good times, so why is he an easy target? Bad times was 9/11 or Hurricane Sandy, and oh wait, he wasn't mayor then. Not sure why he would be an easy target in a predominantly Democratic state in a Democratic city, but hey maybe you can ask Governor Cumo since he loves him so much.

And wow, yeah NYPD are racist? Yeah While we are at it, perhaps my brother and several of my childhood friends who are NYPDs can give a better insight to what they see and what they are experiencing. No Mayor can stop crime, you are right! But some do a better job of it than others do, and he isn't one of them. Murders are down in NY you say. Well that's a relief. Funny thing was that the stats came out last month showing a huge increase in all other types of crime, so much so, that De Dum Dum got alarmed and had to publicly announce changes to how the city handles criminals and the new Bail reform laws. So while i'm less likely to be murdered in NYC I can sure bet my ass that I can be robbed or attacked on the subway. I lived in NY most of my life, was here for the 70s and 80s, through 9/11 and Sandy. I got to see where NY was and where it went, and where it's going. And if history repeats itself as many say, then we are in the 1970s and soon to enter the 1980s. I still run into people who think that the scenes in the Movie "Coming to America" was exaggerated. Yeah.... no it wasn't. No newspaper stat is going to reflect reality for those of us who live here. No matter what way you want to look at it, he is the worst mayor NYC has ever had. And FYI, that's coming from the mouth of a Hispanic guy with Hispanic children, who lives in a predominantly Hispanic and Black neighborhood who all adore Saint De Blasio. fuhgeddaboudit!

NIKV69

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:08 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Well we know he is definitely dishonest. The governor of NY refuted his claims about Trump not doing anything to assist them.

It was obvious early on that Diblasio was about saying inflammatory things, disrespecting police and being late to everything. It hasn't changed much.
I am the Googlizer!!!

rfields5421

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:20 pm

mark787 wrote:
The worst mayor that NY has ever had.

I doubt that. Worst mayor in 50 years - maybe.

Really don't care.

NYC, and LA, Miami, San Francisco - the country does not revolve around any of those cities. It's a great big beautiful country with millions of acres to explore, and people to visit and things to see. A city is worth about three or four days as a one time visit. Try to stay out of them as much as possible.
Not all who wander are lost.

stratosphere

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm

BN747 wrote:
mark787 wrote:

Sensationalize Much?

Murders rose in 2019 for the first time in three years, yet they are still extremely low compared with past eras, and reports of other violent crimes crept up only slightly or declined.

No Mayor can stop crime.

Past NYC Police/Crime efforts - and everyone can see it, has been racist as F***

DeBlasio married to a black woman and proud of it and their kids might as well be Dinkins 2.0 because of the fact. Period.

In bad times it is easy as hell to turn your hatred onto the easy target... and these are certainly not good times. And no one on Earth has a shorter fuse than the 'real NYkers'...no one.
So yeah because DeBlasio tried to change that century old troglodyte Police force and mellow them the F out, he has been and will not catch more hell thrown at him than he truly deserves.

Obama could be Mayor of NYC easily -- because of his previous occupation, but were he just some Joe Slob from Bed-Sty, he'd a slim chance (because the 1st black guy always absorbs most of the heat in every situation where he's the first) Dinkins made that possible and there will be one in the near future.

But bet you a Corona Hazmat Suit that DeBlasio is popular with Blacks, NY Ricans and most other minorities, it is mostly the outlying whites who have an axe to grind with him as well as every Dinkins hater not six feet under.

I think given the task he's taking on - NYPD reform attempt - is like AMLO trying root out corruption in Mexico - impossible.

Most of those cops are NYkers too and as a big gang, their network is very tight, no large city PD is that cohesive.

BN747

AGAIN you are a typical left wingnut. Dinkins was black yes but he was a horrible mayor too not because he was black but because he was just bad. Same with DeBlasio but again you have to throw in there because he is married to a black woman that whites hate him. No they hate him because he is a moron and a bad mayor. Say what you like about Rudy Guliani he has since joining the Trump team kinda been losing his mind kinda like Joe Biden is but Guliani was the best mayor NYC ever had EVER in my lifetime anyway. I used to live in NJ only a few miles from Manhattan and went into the city all the time it was amazing the transformation under Rudy. Yes both under him and Bloombergs stop and frisk while controversial no one can dispute it worked crime was down substantially. Not to mention that Guliani had a big part in bringing down the mafia as well.

Aaron747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:02 pm

DeBlasio is a typical blowhard - basically a caricature of what the rest of us outside NYC think of attention-starved New Yorkers. He and 45 have more in common than both of them would like to admit - Dr. Melfi, where are you??

That said, his heart appears to be in the right place. He just has no ability to manage or establish authenticity.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:59 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
mark787 wrote:

Sensationalize Much?

No Mayor can stop crime.

BN747

AGAIN you are a typical left wingnut. Dinkins was black yes but he was a horrible mayor too not because he was black but because he was just bad. Same with DeBlasio but again you have to throw in there because he is married to a black woman that whites hate him. No they hate him because he is a moron and a bad mayor. Say what you like about Rudy Guliani he has since joining the Trump team kinda been losing his mind kinda like Joe Biden is but Guliani was the best mayor NYC ever had EVER in my lifetime anyway. I used to live in NJ only a few miles from Manhattan and went into the city all the time it was amazing the transformation under Rudy. Yes both under him and Bloombergs stop and frisk while controversial no one can dispute it worked crime was down substantially. Not to mention that Guliani had a big part in bringing down the mafia as well.

Obviously, you are one of those triggered by race-related social issues. Thus your fired up attack...you are entitled to your opinion.

However, more importantly, your 'expressed' opinion clearly displays you know absolutely ZERO of New York City racial history with regard to Politics/NYPD and the social settings.

I'll just leave it at that.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BN747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
DeBlasio is a typical blowhard - basically a caricature of what the rest of us outside NYC think of attention-starved New Yorkers. He and 45 have more in common than both of them would like to admit - Dr. Melfi, where are you??

That said, his heart appears to be in the right place. He just has no ability to manage or establish authenticity.

Who then has the ability to seize and whip that NYPD into shape? Who?
They have to change and change now, no more of that 20th century horseshit they were getting away with and I''m certain a ring of cops (like that large crew busted a few years ago for running a criminal operation) has been replaced by a more evolved and intelligent group of criminals...just wait a few months or a year or two, something will come out.
Humans of those stripes don't change because they feel the need. Or because it's the right thing to do...they just don't.

The current battle NYPD v DeBlasio which finds both at a stalemate But NYPD is poised with that 'Whattaya gonna do 'bout it? They know they can't be touched.

If no Mayor can tame them, then who can?

BN747

mark787

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:32 pm

BN747:

I'm one of those triggered by those race related social issues? You are funny. Look back at your own post, you were the one that brought the topic of race in. I was simply questioning why you brought race into the equation as to why De Blasio is disliked so much when at the end of the day, he is still a white man that just happens to be married to a black woman. You were the one that made that relevant to this, not me. I don't know anything about the history of NY and racism? again, you didn't answer my question. Do you live here, or do you arm chair QB from your chair outside of the state? I very aware that you have folks that feel that NYPD is racist who base it off of Stop and frisk and the Guliani era policies. Still, all based by political and social opinion rather than actual facts. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but back up those opinions with more facts and probably with a little more experience then links to NYT article that sugar coats a growing problem that can't be ignored by the many residents of NYC like myself. And your argument about the NYPD is baseless and based off more on again, political and social opinion than actual facts . On that basis, you can toss in all of the major city police depts. across the country into that category like LA, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, etc..,claiming that Police officers are all racist and have open policies of going after people of color. That's ok what you feel. You are entitled to it. There is only so much you can hide though before the cat is out of the bag and NY finds itself in the past again.

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 pm

mark787 wrote:
BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

Do you live in NY? I do. Quoting the NYT as one of the sources doesn't do you much with their superb quality like the other rags like the NY Post and Daily News. I also have personal photographs and videos to show you all the vandalized subway trains with graffiti that occurred in the past two months where whole entire trains are painted from end to end costing the tax payers thousands of dollars to clean with lost revenue. I have plenty to see on a regular basis as I trek through the subway and through the streets, and not much to sensationalize here. Also don't know why we are throwing in race here and as if De Blasio being married to a black woman with black kids has any relevancy to his performance as mayor. When you are bad at something, you really can't hide it can you? He can be married to E.T. for all I care, he still doesn't make a good Mayor. In bad times he is an easy target
? What bad times? The coronavirus outbreak? That's fresh news. before that we were in good times, so why is he an easy target? Bad times was 9/11 or Hurricane Sandy, and oh wait, he wasn't mayor then. Not sure why he would be an easy target in a predominantly Democratic state in a Democratic city, but hey maybe you can ask Governor Cumo since he loves him so much.

And wow, yeah NYPD are racist? Yeah While we are at it, perhaps my brother and several of my childhood friends who are NYPDs can give a better insight to what they see and what they are experiencing. No Mayor can stop crime, you are right! But some do a better job of it than others do, and he isn't one of them. Murders are down in NY you say. Well that's a relief. Funny thing was that the stats came out last month showing a huge increase in all other types of crime, so much so, that De Dum Dum got alarmed and had to publicly announce changes to how the city handles criminals and the new Bail reform laws. So while i'm less likely to be murdered in NYC I can sure bet my ass that I can be robbed or attacked on the subway. I lived in NY most of my life, was here for the 70s and 80s, through 9/11 and Sandy. I got to see where NY was and where it went, and where it's going. And if history repeats itself as many say, then we are in the 1970s and soon to enter the 1980s. I still run into people who think that the scenes in the Movie "Coming to America" was exaggerated. Yeah.... no it wasn't. No newspaper stat is going to reflect reality for those of us who live here. No matter what way you want to look at it, he is the worst mayor NYC has ever had. And FYI, that's coming from the mouth of a Hispanic guy with Hispanic children, who lives in a predominantly Hispanic and Black neighborhood who all adore Saint De Blasio. fuhgeddaboudit!

What was New York City like under Giuliani and Bloomberg.

BN747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm

mark787 wrote:
BN747:

I'm one of those triggered by those race related social issues? You are funny. Look back at your own post, you were the one that brought the topic of race in. I was simply questioning why you brought race into the equation as to why De Blasio is disliked so much when at the end of the day, he is still a white man that just happens to be married to a black woman. You were the one that made that relevant to this, not me. I don't know anything about the history of NY and racism? again, you didn't answer my question. Do you live here, or do you arm chair QB from your chair outside of the state? I very aware that you have folks that feel that NYPD is racist who base it off of Stop and frisk and the Guliani era policies. Still, all based by political and social opinion rather than actual facts. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but back up those opinions with more facts and probably with a little more experience then links to NYT article that sugar coats a growing problem that can't be ignored by the many residents of NYC like myself. And your argument about the NYPD is baseless and based off more on again, political and social opinion than actual facts . On that basis, you can toss in all of the major city police depts. across the country into that category like LA, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, etc..,claiming that Police officers are all racist and have open policies of going after people of color. That's ok what you feel. You are entitled to it. There is only so much you can hide though before the cat is out of the bag and NY finds itself in the past again.

Apparent you are triggered by race issues and haven’t read much of my posts I have made the strongest arguments here for the need of police. Policing is a logical necessity because the human animals that are. I feel bad for most cops because of the shit they have deal with day after day- adult baby sitters with guns-99% of the time they keep unruly drunk spouse from killing each other or sorting out teenage calamities and listening to complaining seniors about nothing. Having said that, it is a necessity that needs a ton of improvements in most urban centers. LAPD a horrific organization (abuse of power) for most of their existence like other problematic communities across the nation. It’s been centuries since their growth from slave patrols and yet to this day (just as in the civilian populations) the original racist attitudes persist because certain people insist in it and feed it to their offspring.

Police are a human necessity because humans are incapable of policing themselves.

As for DeBlasio it appears you have no idea what he’s been up against..I’m sure you think do, but look post suggest nothing of the kind.

His family made public is sure to piss of the anti-Dinks crowd that are still living. Just as Obama had endure racist pricks like the ass from South Carolina who shouted at him at the State of the Union address to tons of state, county, city officials with the most disrespectful racist drivel and cartoons his full 8 years..and you can imagine that same scenario for Americans largest cities first black mayor (before there wAs an Obama) you don’t care about any of that because you don’t know about it and maybe if you did you may not still care. But for reference look into the black in everything since Jack Johnson to Obama in every compete event...the reaction from worst Americans is exactly the same...no exceptions. That’s race history in America that resides in many minds for and against racism.
And their are the people who cannot fathom the impact of that history because you are unaware, insensitive to the cause. Which makes ask, are an #MeToo hater as well, because most of all those guys who have clue to the shit women have endured for centuries...that is rhetorical unless you wish to go there...

BN747

BN747

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
mark787 wrote:
BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

I can give you my perspective but must ask... that have taken the time google any of that in order to get an ide

Hopefully Aaron747 will share his opinion on that I’m sure his take would be useful in an honest moderate non-minority opinion...there are few of those here.

If history is your thing...you should.

Also for.Mark787, were present when America’s Fat bag of wasted human flesh sitting announce his candidacy?

He officially made everything about race on that day.

BN747

seb146

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

It was obvious early on that Diblasio was about saying inflammatory things, disrespecting police and being late to everything. It hasn't changed much.

I have not heard anything from the mayor, but Gov. Cuomo sounds much more like a national leader than the head of the Republican party. No one dares contradict him but Gov. Cuomo is listening to the experts and letting the experts talk and backing up what experts have to say.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

LabQuest

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:07 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

I have not heard anything from the mayor, but Gov. Cuomo sounds much more like a national leader than the head of the Republican party. No one dares contradict him but Gov. Cuomo is listening to the experts and letting the experts talk and backing up what experts have to say.

As someone who doesn't live in the region I have the same opinion. The Mayor seems to be MIA while the Governor is becoming the face of this for NY however it turns out.

I know the police don't think too much of the mayor I wonder how the rest of the public service folks feel?

Aaron747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:38 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
mark787 wrote:
BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

NYC under them was what it continues to be now - a playground for the world’s wealthy, serviced by lots of hard working, workaday Americans of all creeds and backgrounds. Fat slices versus pie crumbs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 am

Aaron747 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
mark787 wrote:
BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

NYC under them was what it continues to be now - a playground for the world’s wealthy, serviced by lots of hard working, workaday Americans of all creeds and backgrounds. Fat slices versus pie crumbs.

There's a anodyne response that no one will contest.

BN747

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
mark787 wrote:
BN747 :

Sensationalize Much?

Absolute silliness. NYC is one of world’s finance, business and cultural capitals. Shopping there is a delight—anything and everything, likely at the best prices in the world. It’s a wonderful to visit, huge numbers (millions) of workaday people live there. Too dense for me, but it’s great to visit. The Lindsay, Koch Dinkins era was a too rough and criminal, but it had grit. Under Giuliani and Bloomberg, it was clean, safe and really worth it.

GF

Aaron747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:

Absolute silliness. NYC is one of world’s finance, business and cultural capitals. Shopping there is a delight—anything and everything, likely at the best prices in the world. It’s a wonderful to visit, huge numbers (millions) of workaday people live there. Too dense for me, but it’s great to visit. The Lindsay, Koch Dinkins era was a too rough and criminal, but it had grit. Under Giuliani and Bloomberg, it was clean, safe and really worth it.

GF

You won’t find ‘disagreeable to visit’ or a
‘terrible city to look at’ anywhere in my comment. What I said is simply the FL350 view of what the place is.

mark787

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 am

BN747:

Asking again the basic question I asked you before. Do you live in New York? Are you speaking for all of the New York City residents? Are you a Police officer in the NYPD? You have so much knowledge from what you claim and so much knowledge of De Blasio, but fail to understand what the other half experiences. I have spent countless hours talking to people like you who feel the necessity to "educate" people as if you had all the facts, experience under your belt to make your answers so relevant. At the end of the day, you portray your political bias which you yourself have shown in your previous posts by bringing in race into the equation and adding Dinkins and Obama into the mix for nothing more than "sensationalizing" your biased points. A rationale person would look at polls to see what New Yorkers think of him, but also take a visual perception of his lack of leadership during not only the coronavirus outbreak, but rather how he has handled several other situations in the city vs the NYPD, NYCHA, NYC Public schools, the UFT, etc... Why was his run for the presidency so short lived and why did he receive such lackluster support from New Yorkers? Why does NY Governor Cumo dislike him so much that he feels the need to steam roll over him? Can you answer those questions without the slightest mention of race? By the way, where did that 1.8 billion dollars vanish to with ThriveNYC that Chirlane McCray is the proprietor? How about the Renewal school program? How did that go? Oh and my favorite, the promising Pre-K that gave us so much hope for my youngest only to wind up having to pay for private pre-K. You know, I'm fully aware that i'm in a shelter in place restriction and have probably countless hours to sit here to discuss this with you endlessly, so leave at that. you have your opinions, and I have mine. We won't see eye to eye on it either way. At the end of the day, I'm the one that has to deal with the Mayor's misguided agendas along with increasing crime and a deteriorating city to the point that my wife and I are looking to move away. Perhaps if maybe there were more viable candidates running for mayor during the last election, perhaps this conversation wouldn't have even existed.

mirrodie

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Cuomo hates him so that tells you all you need to know.

WesternDC6B wrote:

NY City voters and only a very small amount turned out to vote.

I know right? New York really needs better leader ship. The Blasio is awful and Cuomo is not that much better. At this time right now in New York really need to good leadership and hope and neither are giving much of it.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:40 am

mark787 wrote:
BN747:

Asking again the basic question I asked you before. Do you live in New York? Are you speaking for all of the New York City residents? Are you a Police officer in the NYPD? You have so much knowledge from what you claim and so much knowledge of De Blasio, but fail to understand what the other half experiences. I have spent countless hours talking to people like you who feel the necessity to "educate" people as if you had all the facts, experience under your belt to make your answers so relevant. At the end of the day, you portray your political bias which you yourself have shown in your previous posts by bringing in race into the equation and adding Dinkins and Obama into the mix for nothing more than "sensationalizing" your biased points. A rationale person would look at polls to see what New Yorkers think of him....

Had to stop after these vapid statements.
Polls??? Polls???

Polls reflect history huh? Might as well be a poll taken in Madagascar.
I can't discuss anything serious regarding this subject because the perspective you are expressing reflect someone who lives in what he he reads with zero to no personal accounting based in experience.

I've been to NYC over 50 times for biz and leisure, I've no interest in fighting over taxis so I drive on every trip leading me know Manhattan and a good bit of Queens, Brooklyn and Northern NJ. In that is 'alot' of experience, observing actual vs reported, etc. The Obama - Dinkins comment by you just zipped right over your head,,you have no clue as to what I was referring.
You have historical personal observational experience so I might as be speaking Mandarin to you about playing mahjong.

Sorry , dude I've not the time for someone with so little understanding on multiple levels regarding any of this. I appreciate you 'expressed' interest.know.but as long winded as I can be, this I cannot undertake it really is like trying teach history (as I've witnessed it) to someone over and A.net char back and forth,

You have 2 or 3 others here share their observations of the era in question in one or two sentences(imagine 40 years from now someone detailing the trump presidency in 2 sentences) how much would that listener could walk awat with...yeah, same deal here. I suggest you'll get more from them if you push for it. That's their summation of that political era..in 1 or 2 comments, all yours dude. A consequence of ignorance leaves one to believe almost anything (heard or read) for lack of personal exposure and experience.

I'll be happy to indulge if you put into some elbow grease do some research, find out who Amadou Diallo is and why what happen to him anything everything since leading up to Eric Garner (that is span of time and additional events in case you missed the cue as you did the Dinkins - Obama reference) and so much more.
Catch up and we can talk, until then I leave you with what 'you know'.

BN747

dampfnudel

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:04 am

I live in NYC (grew up here) and I don’t think he’s a good mayor. To be honest, I’m not a fan of Cuomo either, but I like how he stepped up lately.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 am

dampfnudel wrote:
I live in NYC (grew up here) and I don’t think he’s a good mayor. To be honest, I’m not a fan of Cuomo either, but I like how he stepped up lately.

Now that is a solid honest opinion!

And re: Cuomo, he's finally stepping into the shoes of his legendary father, one of the greatest orators to ever watch the planet. And as you said ..yeah lately, he has the spotlight now and I don't he's gonna let go. In other words this stage time has now placed him in WH contention...something I so wish his late father had done. But yeah...I remember pre-Corona Cuomo too. Not the guy we see now on tv seizing national attention. As much as I don't care for him, I give him props. He's at Corona-ground zero and realized how big this was gonna get and jumped right on it.

All we need to hear is that he sold stocks via secreted Jan. info. That would make him look like a total loser, but I hope that would not be the case.

BN747

stratosphere

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 pm

BN747 wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:

And re: Cuomo, he's finally stepping into the shoes of his legendary father, one of the greatest orators to ever watch the planet. And as you said ..yeah lately, he has the spotlight now and I don't he's gonna let go. In other words this stage time has now placed him in WH contention...something I so wish his late father had done. But yeah...I remember pre-Corona Cuomo too. Not the guy we see now on tv seizing national attention. As much as I don't care for him, I give him props. He's at Corona-ground zero and realized how big this was gonna get and jumped right on it.

All we need to hear is that he sold stocks via secreted Jan. info. That would make him look like a total loser, but I hope that would not be the case.

BN747

You mean the great Mario Cuomo the one who said the mafia doesn't exist? I also was never a fan of any of the Cuomos but I too like what Gov Cuomo is doing so far in NY he is showing leadership like you said hopefully nothing surfaces to tarnish that.

NIKV69

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:45 pm

mirrodie wrote:

I know right? New York really needs better leader ship. The Blasio is awful and Cuomo is not that much better. At this time right now in New York really need to good leadership and hope and neither are giving much of it.

Welcome back!

Cuomo does well in crisis situations and his economic policy is sound he just has hurt his brand with the pandering to the far left with weak on crime laws like the no bail fiasco.
I am the Googlizer!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

GF

You won’t find ‘disagreeable to visit’ or a
‘terrible city to look at’ anywhere in my comment. What I said is simply the FL350 view of what the place is.

And, you won’t find those quoted comments in my post, either. Please stop attributing what is not there.

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:

BN747

You mean the great Mario Cuomo the one who said the mafia doesn't exist? I also was never a fan of any of the Cuomos but I too like what Gov Cuomo is doing so far in NY he is showing leadership like you said hopefully nothing surfaces to tarnish that.

Yes that Mario Cuomo and I'd have investigate that one, if he did...no one in NYC bought that for a NY minute and then laughed their asses off.

A lot of people are responding to Cuomo in such a positive light is because they are seeing a stern, sincere caricature of leadership from a guy with no-nonsense veneer just looking at him.
Without knowing, I bet you anything Chris' big brother was a serious street fighter as a kid, he knows how to scrap.

Seeing this then the Fat Bumbler steps on the stage in a few hours and people see the absolute opposite.
Raging lunatic who goes apeshit on a reporter, MSNBC Peter Alexander for say 'the people are frightened, what is your message to them'.
And make no mistake the nation is on edge and many seniors are no so 'comfortable' receiving tons of misinformation from Fox News.
But public conduct with everyone running from one another (SD) goes against the herd animal trait we naturally carry...it goes against our social nature.

And the idiot that he is goes on a personal attack instead of seizing that golden opportunity to look like a Mario Cuomo. But his very nature - which is puerile impulsiveness.
He really thinks when he's live and on air..he thinks (and acts as if) he's playing The Apprentice in front of a world audience and he can't resist 'playing in charge', knowing absolutely nothing along the way.
Ignorance be damned.

Again, His mouth will be his undoing.

BN747

NIKV69

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:41 pm

BN747 wrote:

A lot of people are responding to Cuomo in such a positive light is because they are seeing a stern, sincere caricature of leadership from a guy with no-nonsense veneer just looking at him.
Without knowing, I bet you anything Chris' big brother was a serious street fighter as a kid, he knows how to scrap.

BN747

One of the things that endear Andrew Cuomo to people is he is a genuine. I remember when he first became governor he crawled under his corvette to change the oil and drove it to Long Island where on a weekly basis a parking lot get together goes on with people with hot rods. In his jeans and t shirt he hung with the people. You have to respect that.

One of his trusted confidantes is a member at the golf club I work at so I have some inside knowledge and the dude is legit. He has done some things that make you scratch your head like the no bail law and I feel he has dropped the ball on gaming in NY but for the most part he gets how the economy is supposed to work and he is a competent executive. Watching Bernie, Newsom and Him on the debate stage in 4 years will be epic.
I am the Googlizer!!!

LCDFlight

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Rumor I have is that mayor's spouse is the real brains and enforcer of the operation. Mayor is just kind of there.

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:08 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

One of the things that endear Andrew Cuomo to people is he is a genuine. I remember when he first became governor he crawled under his corvette to change the oil and drove it to Long Island where on a weekly basis a parking lot get together goes on with people with hot rods. In his jeans and t shirt he hung with the people. You have to respect that.

One of his trusted confidantes is a member at the golf club I work at so I have some inside knowledge and the dude is legit. He has done some things that make you scratch your head like the no bail law and I feel he has dropped the ball on gaming in NY but for the most part he gets how the economy is supposed to work and he is a competent executive. Watching Bernie, Newsom and Him on the debate stage in 4 years will be epic.

Nice departure from the silly and stupid...
It does appear you have do have some insight into the man unknown to most...and I do that about him, but not knowing any of that, anyone seeing his dad already knows that is a don't f*** with us clan, Chris is the nice one. Andrew was undoubtedly the 'troublesome one' in the real meaning of 'Hey he's good kid ('a' is omitted intentionally) ..he's just figuring things out' a blessing for a kid always getting to fights and other meddlesome teenage vices. With a mug like that in Brooklyn back in the day (Saturday Night Fever/Travolta era) oh yeah, clubbing then fighting when no action was to be had.

Like I said, he has seized a role that trump covets and must drive him nuts when Cuomo appears on the screen.

I'd ask how you can (and understanding admire a mans man like Cuomo) then turn and worship a professional fool and liar like trump...you fit two galaxies between the gulf that separates the two in quality measure, but you know what? I do not want know how one bridges such contrast.

BN747

NIKV69

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm

BN747 wrote:

Nice departure from the silly and stupid...

Someone has to pull you back into reality once in a while.

BN747 wrote:

It does appear you have do have some insight into the man unknown to most...and I do that about him, but not knowing any of that, anyone seeing his dad already knows that is a don't f*** with us clan, Chris is the nice one. Andrew was undoubtedly the 'troublesome one' in the real meaning of 'Hey he's good kid ('a' is omitted intentionally) ..he's just figuring things out' a blessing for a kid always getting to fights and other meddlesome teenage vices. With a mug like that in Brooklyn back in the day (Saturday Night Fever/Travolta era) oh yeah, clubbing then fighting when no action was to be had.

He is a fair politician rarely with an attitude. I did hear he was quite mad with AOC over the Amazon thing but he acts with class.

BN747 wrote:

Like I said, he has seized a role that trump covets and must drive him nuts when Cuomo appears on the screen.

In that respect they are the same person. Long winded and love to hear themselves talk. Cuomo routinely takes an hour to say something he could say in 15 mins.

BN747 wrote:

I'd ask how you can (and understanding admire a mans man like Cuomo) then turn and worship a professional fool and liar like trump...you fit two galaxies between the gulf that separates the two in quality measure, but you know what? I do not want know how one bridges such contrast.

BN747

I don't worship Trump. If you read what I post he was third choice. I wanted Rand Paul and then Christie. Paul just doesn't have the pizazz to win big office and Christie just destroyed his career with some bonehead moves. So to choose Hillary or Trump? It's no choice. I didn't have faith Kasich could perform if Iran screwed with us. Only thing I enjoy from Trump is when he taunts the media but at the end of the day he could do with a lot less tweeting and name calling. Though he is a competent president.
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

In that respect they are the same person. Long winded and love to hear themselves talk. Cuomo routinely takes an hour to say something he could say in 15 mins.

See, there you go again, the other day you called trump a great speaker of the english language..you and Melania are the only two humans who believe that, ok three..the lady & husband who drank the trump Kool Aid/Chlorofine and her husband died.

And now you are saying a lifelong chickenshit coward is the same as a man who (has the liar scores of the average pol vs trump 16000+) and who can probably beat you like a drum just by staring at you.
Only in a child's mind are those two men the same...nowhere else.

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

I don't worship Trump. If you read what I post he was third choice. I wanted Rand Paul and then Christie. Paul just doesn't have the pizazz to win big office and Christie just destroyed his career with some bonehead moves. So to choose Hillary or Trump? It's no choice. I didn't have faith Kasich could perform if Iran screwed with us. Only thing I enjoy from Trump is when he taunts the media but at the end of the day he could do with a lot less tweeting and name calling. Though he is a competent president.

And you just killed all of that by stating 'Though he is a competent president. Not even Melania believes that whopper! Yeah, at lot like Gilligan is a competent supertanker captain. You went cartoonish with that one, I had no choice.

BN747

TTailedTiger

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 am

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

See, there you go again, the other day you called trump a great speaker of the english language..you and Melania are the only two humans who believe that, ok three..the lady & husband who drank the trump Kool Aid/Chlorofine and her husband died.

And now you are saying a lifelong chickenshit coward is the same as a man who (has the liar scores of the average pol vs trump 16000+) and who can probably beat you like a drum just by staring at you.
Only in a child's mind are those two men the same...nowhere else.

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

And you just killed all of that by stating 'Though he is a competent president. Not even Melania believes that whopper! Yeah, at lot like Gilligan is a competent supertanker captain. You went cartoonish with that one, I had no choice.

BN747

Cuomo isn't president and isn't running for president. You've made your Biden Bed, now lie in it.