WidebodyPTV
Topic Author

Buzzfeed - The Most Pathetic Site on the Internet

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Earlier today, I was trying to find some lighthearted, non-coronovirus hysteria-related news, so I reluctantly pulled up BuzzFeed. Buzzfeed, of course, is the website that perpetually preaches we should tip our services one billion percent of the bill because you know, being a server is really, really, really hard and a menial, part-time job should pay enough to afford at least a one-bedroom apartment in Manhattan. Just when I thought Buzzfeed couldn't go any lower, I came across this gem:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/da ... s-new-york

The article's about how a young twink (*somebody told me he's not a twink, my gay slang sucks but I don't care) who logged onto Grinder. A daddy looking to score hit him up and twink responded with 'I might have the coronovirus, I'm too sick and too hungry to have sex.' Well, it turns out daddy is a doctor, so daddy counsels twink and delivers food for him. And of course, Buzzfeed makes a big deal about this, saying it's a good example of how people are willing to help out others in a time of need.

Seriously, Buzzfeed? Guys listen to girls' and other guys' problems all the time... not because they care, but because they're looking to score. Guys take girls (and guys, I guess) out to dinner all the time... not because they want to, but because they're looking to score. So Daddy tried to win Twink over, hoping to score in the near future. How the heck is this news, let alone an example of humanity? Instead of being a young, handsome guy, what if he was a 40-year-old, balding, overweight male? Do you think daddy would've given two hoots to counsel him (for free, at least) let alone send him food?

This is probably how their conversation went:
Daddy: Hi!
Twink: Hello.
Daddy: Looking?
Twink: For food, yes. And I'm willing to do anything you want for it. ANYTHING.
Daddy: Nice. Are you d/d?
Twink: Well, I think I might have the virus.
Daddy: You better get tested right away! If you have it, the sooner you get treatment, the better off you'll be.
Twink: No, daddy, not THAT virus - the other one. The one you CAN'T get tested for!
Daddy: Well, I'm a doctor. Come over here, let me inspect your body. I have some sausage you can eat, and it comes with a free protein drink.
Twink: Come over and social distance me daddy! Quarantine me and make me yours!! I don't have much food for you, but you can toss a salad for dessert!
Daddy: I'll be there in 5 minutes.
The end. As you can see, humanity exists!

And yes, this is a stupid thread, but some of us want to engage in something light heated, not indulge in the ongoing hysteria.

DarkSnowyNight

Re: Buzzfeed - The Most Pathetic Site on the Internet

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 am

So the other week, I was out with Lady Friend. She had to listen to me carry on, probably for about six minutes or so, about how dumb/pretentious I think it is that modern american women have this need for like four middle names & a hyphenated first name. Seriously, that's a thing.

She agreed with me in principal; I am confident I have found the one young woman in all of Los Angeles who is both even more misanthropic and extroverted than I am. But after reading this, I totally understand how she must have felt sitting through that rant of mine. ..
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

einsteinboricua

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 pm

The skeptic in me wants to agree with you in principle, about how this is a daddy looking to score for a night.

The optimist is me says that people sometimes genuinely care. I've made friends on those apps without a single regard to having sex as an exchange of friendship.

So far, the optimist side is winning, based on personal experience.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

ChrisKen

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Well, the OP has clicked to the article, read the article and talked about/spread the article with others, so you've done exactly what Buzzfeed wanted you to do. Congrats!

I can think of plenty of more pathetic sites on the web, strangely most seem to be US based like the one mentioned here.