Zkpilot
Topic Author

World should Sue/Get reparations from China over CV-19

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:43 am

Covid-19 started in China in a wild market (which was supposed to be banned as a result of SARs but which China reneged on), as a result the entire world is facing deaths in the tens of thousands (if not more), mass disruption, massive inconvenience, job losses, huge economic damage, global recession.
It was bad enough that China was responsible for covid-19 in the first place, but even worse that it tried to cover it up and silence doctors and scientists costing the rest of the world over a month of preparation time.

If a company did something similar it e we like be sued into bankruptcy, so why isn’t China being held accountable and paying compensation to the worst affected?

China is even trying to shift blame to other countries (the USA in particular).

In the meantime now that China is recovering, they are busy buying up companies around the world that have seen their share prices halve (or more!). Disgusting.
Last edited by Zkpilot on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

tommy1808

Re: World should Sue/Get repatriations from China over CV-19

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:51 am

Zkpilot wrote:
If a company did something similar it e we like be sued into bankruptcy, so why isn’t China being held accountable and paying compensation to the worst affected?.

because we don´t do that over illnesses perhaps? No one sued the US into bankruptcy over the American Flu either.

best regards
Thomas
....the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:
If a company did something similar it e we like be sued into bankruptcy, so why isn’t China being held accountable and paying compensation to the worst affected?.

because we don´t do that over illnesses perhaps? No one sued the US into bankruptcy over the American Flu either.

best regards
Thomas

And just what exactly is the “American Flu”?

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ch ... -dominance

tommy1808

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 am

Zkpilot wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:

best regards
Thomas

what is commonly known as the "Spanish flu"....
https://academic.oup.com/emph/article/2019/1/18/5298310

best regards
Thomas

VSMUT

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:

best regards
Thomas

To date, nobody has been so negligent about stopping sources of illness as the Chinese have. This is akin to deliberate damages caused by war.

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

best regards
Thomas

Oh cool glad you mentioned that...
So you are trying to compare a virus that occurred over a century ago with little to no scientific understanding of it to a modern day completely preventable pandemic caused by China’s incompetence?
Oh and one more thing... while it is hypothesised that the Spanish Flu came to Europe from America, guess where the genomes for it came from?? I’ll give you a clue... it rhymes with “minah”...
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ce-health/

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:12 am

VSMUT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:

best regards
Thomas

To date, nobody has been so negligent about stopping sources of illness as the Chinese have. This is akin to deliberate damages caused by war.

Exactly, it’s effectively biological warfare.

LH658

Re: World should Sue/Get reparations from China over CV-19

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:27 am

Agree to hold China responsible, families of that were hit by 9/11 got to sue KSA, same should follow with China with their carelessness. This virus literally brought the whole World, to a halt.

tommy1808

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:35 am

Zkpilot wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Oh cool glad you mentioned that...
So you are trying to compare a virus that occurred over a century ago with little to no scientific understanding of it to a modern day completely preventable pandemic caused by China’s incompetence?

I don´t see the rest of the world acting more competent than China did and the Germ theory of disease is way older than the American Flu.

Oh and one more thing... while it is hypothesised that the Spanish Flu came to Europe from America, guess where the genomes for it came from?? I’ll give you a clue... it rhymes with “minah”...

as per the paper i linked the genome was in the USA as early as 1915.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:41 am

This thread will lead nowhere, I suggest this is closed.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Aaron747

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:42 am

FYI previous thread on this got canned - what are you trying to achieve?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Kiwirob

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:

He's just your average tinfoil hat wearer with an agenda, a.net is providing him with a platform to espouse his POV.

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:02 am

[*]
Kiwirob wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

He's just your average racist with an agenda, a.net is providing him with a platform to espouse his POV.

Excuse me? :roll:
Fact: Coronavirus started in Wuhan, China.
Fact: China tried to cover it up and silence doctors etc (which led to less time for the world to prepare).
Fact: China has been responsible for Coronaviruses in the past and has not learnt from their mistakes (and has in fact lied/misled the international community when they were supposed to have outlawed the repulsive wild markets after SARS).
Fact: China is now trying to shift blame.

How is any of that racist? China has singlehandedly screwed the world economy over. Pull your head out of your ass Rob.

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 am

Dutchy wrote:

Don’t like it? Nobody is forcing you to read or comment on it. :wave:

VSMUT

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 am

tommy1808 wrote:
I don´t see the rest of the world acting more competent than China did and the Germ theory of disease is way older than the American Flu.

The rest of the world doesn't keep spawning epidemics from easily preventable sources!

Dutchy wrote:

What's the going rate for a paid Chinese shill these days?

Zkpilot
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am

VSMUT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

The rest of the world doesn't keep spawning epidemics from easily preventable sources!

Dutchy wrote:

:yes: and the CCP do have a lot of them at their disposal!

tommy1808

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:38 am

VSMUT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

considering that the Wet Market is unlikely the source that is a rather bold statement...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 40-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

One of the early cases had no link to the market whatsoever, 1/3 has no direct link to the market.

I am all for sanctioning the hell our of China down to no trade whatsoever, but not for bullshit reasons.... there are enough other good reasons to do so, but using a boomerang waiting to happen..... nope.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 am

VSMUT wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Two silver pieces, interested? Seriously, a lot to be critical about in China, you must know I am fiercely against any kind of autocratic regime and China has one. I just think this is a non-issue and will lead to nothing.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Aaron747

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 am

Zkpilot wrote:
[*]
Kiwirob wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

He's just your average racist with an agenda, a.net is providing him with a platform to espouse his POV.

Fact: China tried to cover it up and silence doctors etc (which led to less time for the world to prepare).
Fact: China has been responsible for Coronaviruses in the past and has not learnt from their mistakes (and has in fact lied/misled the international community when they were supposed to have outlawed the repulsive wild markets after SARS).

How is any of that racist? China has singlehandedly screwed the world economy over. Pull your head out of your ass Rob.

There is no definitive scientific evidence that this is a bioweapon. There are papers for and against that conclusion. In science, something is considered fact when all have looked at the data and point to the same conclusion. Good try though - strong emotion always makes someone right. :boggled:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:
[*]
Kiwirob wrote:

Good try though - strong emotion always makes someone right. :boggled:

people are getting pretty nasty..... just look how unhappy people are that not enough people die in Germany, with just very basic reading between the lines....

best regards
Thomas

Derico

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:59 am

I get people are angry, so I will reserve judgement on the true sentiments of anyone for or against any type of measures at this stage when passions are heated.

Objectively you won't get reparations, and it's unfair to punish the many for the perceived ills of the few. As for some claims that Chinese are buying devalued companies, I have a hard time believing the regulatory authorities in any country would be allowing that at this point in time.

As I mentioned before, the USA drives a massive drug trade that has lead to wars, economic and social upheaval, and millions of deaths all over the place. This is willful behavior that has gone on for decades and the US government has done nothing to stop a segment of their citizens from continuing in this behavior. A great case for reparations too, but of course no one can make it happen, and it would also be unfair.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

atcsundevil

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 am

Much of this discussion has been off topic, so the thread will be locked. Those wanting to continue can do so in the Non Aviation virus thread.

✈️ atcsundevil