Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
anrec80
Topic Author
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:36 am

I think we may as well start a thread that is a little bit less sad - at least for some. I propose to collect silly and dumb actions of people during the pandemics. For me, I admire this one.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 30407.html


A Russian citizen who arrived from Paris to Cuba on Friday was hospitalized in critical condition due to a coronavirus infection, said Francisco Duran Garcia, head of the epidemiology department of the republic’s health ministry.

“A 45-year-old Russian citizen was hospitalized, arriving on March 20 from Paris. On March 21, he was confirmed infected with coronavirus, he was immediately admitted to the hospital. The patient is in a critical, but stable state, ” TASS reports.

He added that the Russian has diabetes.

 
jetwet1
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:58 am

There is going to be a lot of these stories floating around in the next couple of months.

Heck I had one of my Hawaiian customers throw a hissy fit because I can't fly to Hawaii to take out to dinner on his birthday.
 
tu204
Posts: 2168
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:03 am

Dunno if it's a fake or not, but there were stories circulating about the "First Coronavirus related death in Russia" when a guy was killed in his garage when he was buried after shelves with bags of flour, rice and other crap collapsed on him.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11923
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 am

This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:11 am

Yeah and they took a fish drug !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8355
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/

That's a bigger contender for the Darwin Award than the Russian in Cuba, and so are all those who are taking that cleaning item as well as those who think that essential oils and Colloidal Silver will protect them.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
Okie
Posts: 4134
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:48 pm

So how is this working throwing people in jail for violating curfews and lock downs but they are letting everyone out of jail because of the virus.
Compute it does not.

Okie
 
KFTG
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/

Encourage suicide among your base to own the libs.
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 pm

KFTG wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/

Encourage suicide among your base to own the libs.

I am not happy with much/most of Trump's handling of all this, but this is absolutely not Trump's fault. They are a couple of dumbasses, the death is completely on them
 
M564038
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Supposedly it is the correct substance, but in a quantity orders of magnitude above human medical use.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:51 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
KFTG wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/

Encourage suicide among your base to own the libs.

I am not happy with much/most of Trump's handling of all this, but this is absolutely not Trump's fault. They are a couple of dumbasses, the death is completely on them


You are correct, it's their fault for listening to him spout off and then deciding to self medicate.....Sad, but really this is only going to get worse with idiots listening/watching idiots who push products that do more harm than good.

This is actually a huge problem that nobody really looks at, your local tropical fish store sells a number of medications that are also used on humans, for a heck of a lot less than a prescription would be, but the dosage it multiple times greater.
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 am

jetwet1 wrote:
for listening to him spout off

Spout off about what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the multiple clips I've seen him mention chloroquine, he only mentions that there is promise to the drug. I personally think he's being a bit too optimistic... I wouldn't hype it up as much, but whatever

He did absolutely NOTHING to suggest to people to take it on their own. He didn't suggest any doses or anything. I am generally of the mindset that we don't need a million disclaimers on everything we say. I want to live a life where we can talk and not have to worry about stupid people misinterpreting something I said and killing themselves over it.

I get that he's the president and he has to be more careful about what he says than basically anyone else in this county. But in this case, no, these people are absolutely stupid. Sorry it happened to them, but they're beyond dumb. Let's bash Trump for the 40 other things wrong he has done in the past month and let this issue die off

Edit: not directed at you jetwet1, this is just something I've seen blown way out of proportion. I find that 90% time someone mentions Trump Derangement Syndrome they're full of it (the person defending Trump,) but in this case, this is absolutely TDS
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 am

In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:04 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
for listening to him spout off

Spout off about what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the multiple clips I've seen him mention chloroquine, he only mentions that there is promise to the drug. I personally think he's being a bit too optimistic... I wouldn't hype it up as much, but whatever

He did absolutely NOTHING to suggest to people to take it on their own. He didn't suggest any doses or anything. I am generally of the mindset that we don't need a million disclaimers on everything we say. I want to live a life where we can talk and not have to worry about stupid people misinterpreting something I said and killing themselves over it.

I get that he's the president and he has to be more careful about what he says than basically anyone else in this county. But in this case, no, these people are absolutely stupid. Sorry it happened to them, but they're beyond dumb. Let's bash Trump for the 40 other things wrong he has done in the past month and let this issue die off

Edit: not directed at you jetwet1, this is just something I've seen blown way out of proportion. I find that 90% time someone mentions Trump Derangement Syndrome they're full of it (the person defending Trump,) but in this case, this is absolutely TDS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9900778501

Read this. If your a die-hard supporter and you read that, you are gonna take his word for it. Now, you should also use common sense with this president, but as we see, there are some that lack it
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 am

For the record, there's evidence that chloroquine works but there's not enough evidence yet to make it an "approved" treatment.

The problem is it has health risks associated with it and you shouldn't be taking unregulated doses meant for many gallons of water in a fish tank and without considering how it may impact other health issues you might have. It's also not meant to be used for pre-exposure prophylaxis. It's only being studied as a treatment.
情報
 
chimborazo
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52029546

The hoping to shake it off by Easter is not a bad thing. But the absolute bollocks spouted in the content here and the idea that it’s actually possible to do that when all the evidence shows the opposite... crazy.
This is what happens when religious nutters run the asylum. Nothing different from listening to the Iranian leaders talk (although at least in the background the scientist is disagreeing with Trump, but many many Trump supporters won’t listen because “Trump knows better”).

Similarly, my company’s MD refused to shut the office last week despite the board requesting it repeatedly. We are a company of 50 people and are all computer based working due to not being able to travel now. The UK government advice was clear: work from home if you can. The MD’s email of 3 paragraphs summarised thus:

The government says you must work from home if you can.
It’s not possible for us to run the business working from home.
If the government says we have to work from home, we have contingencies in place to work remotely.

Anyway, we are now working from home as of yesterday.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12885
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
for listening to him spout off

Spout off about what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the multiple clips I've seen him mention chloroquine, he only mentions that there is promise to the drug. I personally think he's being a bit too optimistic... I wouldn't hype it up as much, but whatever

He did absolutely NOTHING to suggest to people to take it on their own. He didn't suggest any doses or anything. I am generally of the mindset that we don't need a million disclaimers on everything we say. I want to live a life where we can talk and not have to worry about stupid people misinterpreting something I said and killing themselves over it.

I get that he's the president and he has to be more careful about what he says than basically anyone else in this county. But in this case, no, these people are absolutely stupid. Sorry it happened to them, but they're beyond dumb. Let's bash Trump for the 40 other things wrong he has done in the past month and let this issue die off

Edit: not directed at you jetwet1, this is just something I've seen blown way out of proportion. I find that 90% time someone mentions Trump Derangement Syndrome they're full of it (the person defending Trump,) but in this case, this is absolutely TDS


so.. you think they would have tried that stunt without the President saying the FDA has approved this?

Freedom of Speech stops where you get people to end up dead. https://nypost.com/2017/08/03/suicide-t ... in-prison/

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
cskok8
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:37 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:21 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


Shoot yourself? That would prevent the virus from spreading to others
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18060
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:40 pm

Can we award the entire Republican party the Darwin award? They're all gonna pack the churches for Easter while they off seniors left and right!

cskok8 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


Shoot yourself? That would prevent the virus from spreading to others

Bullets definitely destroy the virus. :rotfl:
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 pm

stl07 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
for listening to him spout off

Spout off about what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the multiple clips I've seen him mention chloroquine, he only mentions that there is promise to the drug. I personally think he's being a bit too optimistic... I wouldn't hype it up as much, but whatever

He did absolutely NOTHING to suggest to people to take it on their own. He didn't suggest any doses or anything. I am generally of the mindset that we don't need a million disclaimers on everything we say. I want to live a life where we can talk and not have to worry about stupid people misinterpreting something I said and killing themselves over it.

I get that he's the president and he has to be more careful about what he says than basically anyone else in this county. But in this case, no, these people are absolutely stupid. Sorry it happened to them, but they're beyond dumb. Let's bash Trump for the 40 other things wrong he has done in the past month and let this issue die off

Edit: not directed at you jetwet1, this is just something I've seen blown way out of proportion. I find that 90% time someone mentions Trump Derangement Syndrome they're full of it (the person defending Trump,) but in this case, this is absolutely TDS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9900778501

Read this. If your a die-hard supporter and you read that, you are gonna take his word for it. Now, you should also use common sense with this president, but as we see, there are some that lack it

IDK, maybe I'm giving people way too much credit. He tweets that out, think it's pretty clear he's not recommending people self medicate.

Even if I loved Trump and I fell on my head one too many times, I still would think it's a bad idea to drink fish tank cleaner or whatever. Still think that's on them. People need to have a molecule of common sense...

tommy1808 wrote:
so.. you think they would have tried that stunt without the President saying the FDA has approved this?

No, I think these idiots definitely wouldn't have done it otherwise. But if Trump said the virus dies from extreme heat this couple probably would've lit themselves on fire. These people are why we have a million obvious disclaimer on things. When you see a product like, idk, a microwave and it says not to use it to warm up animals, it's because people like this thought it was a good idea

People need to take responsibility for their own stupidity. Sure, had Trump not tweeted out what he did they probably wouldn't have done it, but I still think it's 100% on them.

Now there are things Trump could potentially say that would encourage people to do things like this, I'm not saying it's impossible. He definitely needs to own what he says.

But I'll move on, I'm tired of defending Trump of all people. Especially when there are a million things more important that he's actually screwing up that will cost many more lives and is absolutely his fault
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 pm

^^That is a fair point, if Trump said a fire would kill it, there would be fools who would light themselves up.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3509
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 am

stl07 wrote:
^^That is a fair point, if Trump said a fire would kill it, there would be fools who would light themselves up.


Jim Jones would be jealous of the cult Trump has amassed...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
mirrodie
Posts: 6794
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2000 3:33 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 am

I disagree with the Russian guy is a Darwin contestant. But the couple taking that chloroquine? That’s not on Trump. That truly is a case of stupid people doing stupid things. They chose to self medicate.

By the same token if Trump said they should lose weight and they decided to do gastric bypass surgery on themselves, would you blame Trump too?

Fact is, as a New Yorker, I’m frustrated but Cuomo and Trump are both awful..

Anyway, in any event like this you’ll always find extreme cases of things like this going on.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2451
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am

stl07 wrote:
^^That is a fair point, if Trump said a fire would kill it, there would be fools who would light themselves up.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just died laughing.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 13832
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:34 pm

I hope Dyson ventilators are ready soon.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 28401.html
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
BN747
Posts: 7830
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:47 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
KFTG wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
This one takes the taco - some doofus in Arizona self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate and died - possibly because he heard the WH claim it might work.

He and his wife were hospitalized within 30 min of ingestion. She survived, he didn’t.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/23/arizona-m ... virus/amp/

Encourage suicide among your base to own the libs.

I am not happy with much/most of Trump's handling of all this, but this is absolutely not Trump's fault. They are a couple of dumbasses, the death is completely on them


It's totally his fault!

His uneducated ass said that ignorant BS on live tv, that's a million X worse than shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater...!

When will people stop listening tp ignorance from the WH, we all know nothing is normal about grown ass adults publicly kissing an American presidents ass everyday, that silly nonsense belongs in North Korean and Dung Xao Ping-China and times before, not in 21st century United States!

Everyone knows a leader that needs his kissed constantly is the flaming epitome of the worse kind of leader possible. On top of that he's ignorant as all hell.

Image

trump: "Everyone is surprised at how much I know about this stuff, they were shocked at well I understood this..." then walks on stage says the most asinine nonsense spoken since Court Jesters were in demand.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
alfa164
Posts: 3509
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:12 am

mirrodie wrote:
But the couple taking that chloroquine? That’s not on Trump. That truly is a case of stupid people doing stupid things. They chose to self medicate.


Let's compromise. They were stupid people - because they chose to believe Trump.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
BN747
Posts: 7830
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 am

alfa164 wrote:
mirrodie wrote:
But the couple taking that chloroquine? That’s not on Trump. That truly is a case of stupid people doing stupid things. They chose to self medicate.


Let's compromise. They were stupid people - because they chose to believe Trump.


The US self-destructing has been in the works for the last 3 years is all on him his stupid army who by the millions would drink chloroquine (clorox, arsenic) at his command, all h do is 'ask'.

Millions of stupid people here in America.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
anrec80
Topic Author
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:41 am

BN747 wrote:
Millions of stupid people here in America.

BN747


Well, America is the way it is, and has the kind of Americans it has. As one of the world's leaders put it once - "I do not have any other nation for you".
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4352
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 am

mirrodie wrote:
But the couple taking that chloroquine? That’s not on Trump. That truly is a case of stupid people doing stupid things. They chose to self medicate.

Shameless copy/paste from The Hill: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure," the woman whose husband died told NBC.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus
Fortunately she's finally seen the light, albeit a bit late for her husband (more shameless copy-pasting): "Don't take anything. Don't believe anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people ... call your doctor."
Maybe, just maybe the president could learn a thing or two from her, starting by the last three words...

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?

Same thing in Texas. Our governor is refusing to declare a state-wide shelter-in-place out of a newly-found love for local control (wasn't such a fan when cities started adopting their own minimum wage), but thankfully our even lovelier state attorney general chimed in to state that local control does not include the right to declare gun stores as non-essential. I'm sure the governor will have something to say about it, like remind people it is only a non-binding opinion from his attorney general.

Guns are necessary in case we "have a breakdown in society" and we the people find ourselves on the frontline and have to protect ourselves by shooting the virus or something. As for intruders, I plan on telling them I have the virus and I've just finished sneezing all over the house, so they may want to wash their hands on the way out.

Jouhou wrote:
For the record, there's evidence that chloroquine works but there's not enough evidence yet to make it an "approved" treatment.

Not only is there not enough evidence to make it a scientifically-approved remedy (it's experimental at best), but there's also evidence that the cure may be worse than the disease for people with heart disease or diabetes.... the very people most at risk from COVID-19.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12885
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:58 am

blueflyer wrote:
Guns are necessary in case we "have a breakdown in society" and we the people find ourselves on the frontline and have to protect ourselves by shooting the virus or something. As for intruders, I plan on telling them I have the virus and I've just finished sneezing all over the house, so they may want to wash their hands on the way out..


German law enforcement just crushed a large right wing group as they geared up to use the outbreak as pretext for armed "rebellion".
I would assume the "we should use this a bio weapon folks have ideas along the same lines.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
BN747
Posts: 7830
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:23 pm

blueflyer wrote:
mirrodie wrote:
But the couple taking that chloroquine? That’s not on Trump. That truly is a case of stupid people doing stupid things. They chose to self medicate.

Shameless copy/paste from The Hill: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure," the woman whose husband died told NBC.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus
Fortunately she's finally seen the light, albeit a bit late for her husband (more shameless copy-pasting): "Don't take anything. Don't believe anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people ... call your doctor."
Maybe, just maybe the president could learn a thing or two from her, starting by the last three words...


....after 72 years of being the only human grow dumber by the day for the last 60 years, it is impossible to unimbecile him....so learning anything is far out of the realm of possibility.

Just ask him, he'll tell you he knows all there is to know...and even more devastating is the numbers who believe his every word, millions of them.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
LJ
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:18 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


It was explained on the Dutch news yesterday. Many guns shops sell "survival packages" next to guns and bullets. These "survival packages" are considered "essential" and thus the gins shop/range is considered a "essential business". Moreover, there is a case where one could consider bullets as "essential" (as no bullets, no reason to have a gun). Thus an additional reason to classifvy guns shops as "essential business".
 
jamincan
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Trump didn't say to go eat aquarium products, but there's a reason that pretty much every other person in positions of power and influence is very careful about how they communicate and Trump is quite clearly not. Anyone else in the same situation would have said "Speak to your doctor."
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19033
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:49 pm

LJ wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


It was explained on the Dutch news yesterday. Many guns shops sell "survival packages" next to guns and bullets. These "survival packages" are considered "essential" and thus the gins shop/range is considered a "essential business". Moreover, there is a case where one could consider bullets as "essential" (as no bullets, no reason to have a gun). Thus an additional reason to classifvy guns shops as "essential business".


Studies have shown that heavy use of bullets will stop the spread of Covid-19. ;)
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3509
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:49 pm

jamincan wrote:
Trump didn't say to go eat aquarium products, but there's a reason that pretty much every other person in positions of power and influence is very careful about how they communicate and Trump is quite clearly not. Anyone else in the same situation would have said "Speak to your doctor."


Trump doesn't like to be "careful"; once he hears even the faintest hint that something might work, he feels compelled to announce his "discovery", hoping to receive fame and adulation for it... always being "first" and always claiming credit is just a part of a narcissistic personality.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 pm

LJ wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


It was explained on the Dutch news yesterday. Many guns shops sell "survival packages" next to guns and bullets. These "survival packages" are considered "essential" and thus the gins shop/range is considered a "essential business". Moreover, there is a case where one could consider bullets as "essential" (as no bullets, no reason to have a gun). Thus an additional reason to classifvy guns shops as "essential business".


Guns might become essential only if the government collapses. So it's surprising government allows this.

Can a cookware shop stay open ? Cookware is used to make food, it's essential isn't it ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22304
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:40 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
for listening to him spout off

Spout off about what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the multiple clips I've seen him mention chloroquine, he only mentions that there is promise to the drug. I personally think he's being a bit too optimistic... I wouldn't hype it up as much, but whatever

He did absolutely NOTHING to suggest to people to take it on their own. He didn't suggest any doses or anything. I am generally of the mindset that we don't need a million disclaimers on everything we say. I want to live a life where we can talk and not have to worry about stupid people misinterpreting something I said and killing themselves over it.

I get that he's the president and he has to be more careful about what he says than basically anyone else in this county. But in this case, no, these people are absolutely stupid. Sorry it happened to them, but they're beyond dumb. Let's bash Trump for the 40 other things wrong he has done in the past month and let this issue die off

Edit: not directed at you jetwet1, this is just something I've seen blown way out of proportion. I find that 90% time someone mentions Trump Derangement Syndrome they're full of it (the person defending Trump,) but in this case, this is absolutely TDS


HE says it and not the medical experts. In fact, the medical experts contradicted him

https://www.thecut.com/2020/03/man-dran ... quine.html

But, people trust what he says and not what science says. There are several different and telling quotes from the article, but the best one is the wife telling reporters from her hospital bed

“Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure”
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22304
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Aesma wrote:
LJ wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In Las Vegas, the gun range, was open the day after Gov Nv asked all non-essential businesses to shut down. I drove by and they were standing in line like sardines out the door and down the street.

I asked my husband how could a gun range be considered an essential business. He said they probably sell guns there. I immediately thought of Darwinism. What good is a gun going to do if you come down with the virus?


It was explained on the Dutch news yesterday. Many guns shops sell "survival packages" next to guns and bullets. These "survival packages" are considered "essential" and thus the gins shop/range is considered a "essential business". Moreover, there is a case where one could consider bullets as "essential" (as no bullets, no reason to have a gun). Thus an additional reason to classifvy guns shops as "essential business".


Guns might become essential only if the government collapses. So it's surprising government allows this.

Can a cookware shop stay open ? Cookware is used to make food, it's essential isn't it ?


I think if a shop only sells cookware, they are not essential. If they sold something like water or dried food in quantities, they probably would be essential.

As far as "odd" thing that are essential, yes, some gun stores are essential. In addition to selling MREs, they also sell blankets and medical supplies. I would consider those essential. Our liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries are considered "essential" as well.

You get through this your way, I will get through it my way.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
alfa164
Posts: 3509
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
As far as "odd" thing that are essential, yes, some gun stores are essential. .


Gun stores in the USA are "essential" because the NRA has a stranglehold on the necks of GOP lawmakers and this sad excuse for an administration; these lawmakers are afraid to alienate the (lleged) hoards of knuckle-draggers whom the NRA claims it can corral to defeat them. Not to mention the donations from the gun lobby... that always brings the best government money can buy.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22304
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:25 am

alfa164 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
As far as "odd" thing that are essential, yes, some gun stores are essential. .


Gun stores in the USA are "essential" because the NRA has a stranglehold on the necks of GOP lawmakers and this sad excuse for an administration; these lawmakers are afraid to alienate the (lleged) hoards of knuckle-draggers whom the NRA claims it can corral to defeat them. Not to mention the donations from the gun lobby... that always brings the best government money can buy.


I get it. I am all for banning private gun sales and people buying mass quantities and weapons that can take out masses. But, at the same time, other guns are essential. People do use them to provide food for their families. Wolves and bears are a problem as well. I get why SOME gun shops are "essential businesses". I just don't want to go down that rabbit hole of enforcing laws already on the books and having NRA supporters saying it is unconstitutional to do so.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
T18
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 am

Meanwhile in Iran they are begging people to stop drinking methanol.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29956.html
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971
 
alfa164
Posts: 3509
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:02 am

T18 wrote:
Meanwhile in Iran they are begging people to stop drinking methanol.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29956.html


For the sake of his less-educated supporters, we should hope that Trump doesn't claim that methanol is a new "cure" for the virus.

On the other hand, maybe we should hope that he does...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22304
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 pm

alfa164 wrote:
T18 wrote:
Meanwhile in Iran they are begging people to stop drinking methanol.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29956.html


For the sake of his less-educated supporters, we should hope that Trump doesn't claim that methanol is a new "cure" for the virus.

On the other hand, maybe we should hope that he does...

;)


With all the physical distancing going on, I bet at least one person is lying dead in their home somewhere in the United States because of this. Some people feel overwhelmed and desperate. Mental health is important right now. Especially to people who are not used to being separated from others. This takes a toll. Some people want to cling to anything that sounds like it may end their desperation. We can not do anything about the people who have already made these poor decisions, but maybe check in on your extroverted friends. Spread facts and not false hope.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Somebody started a rumor that 5G transmission masts could cause coronavirus.

I thought everybody knew that the cure for that was to wear a tinfoil hat!

Nevertheless, masts in two locations in the UK were damaged by fire last week
On Friday, Facebook removed a page which showed several videos claiming to show 5G towers on fire and encouraged others to do the same.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 2148
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:18 pm

keesje wrote:
I hope Dyson ventilators are ready soon.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 28401.html


Ever used a Dyson? That might suck your lungs out. Some Darwin candidate will probably suck on a vacuum thinking it will work because some world leader says Dyson products will work.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:49 pm

The department for digital things that tweets that "There is absolutely no credible evidence of a link between 5G and coronavirus".

I think they should have tweeted "if you believe that you're a fool".
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
T4thH
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:29 am

Notable mention for the Darwin award. Hindi sect of radical Hindi nationalists, believing that cow urine will protect them against COVID-19 "bacteria". They are denying the use of modern medicine....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9OdFmHb9E&feature=emb_logo
 
T4thH
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Hard working for the title....he minimum shall deserves a nomination for it: Bishop Gerald O. Glenn

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”


Rest in Peace.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19033
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus and Darwin award

Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 pm

T4thH wrote:
Hard working for the title....he minimum shall deserves a nomination for it: Bishop Gerald O. Glenn

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”


Rest in Peace.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/


And they say Americans don’t do irony! :o
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueberryWheats, Dutchy, Fco1967, Reinhardt, tu204 and 42 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos