Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dtw2hyd

Re: Coronavirus India lockdown thread

Thu May 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Heard India opened up liquor sales and property registrations. Looks like governments are desperate for revenue.
All posts are just opinions.

pune

Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 am

yup and U.P. likes slaves -

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 531_1.html

which means 14 state acts which will not follow/comply for 4 years -

So ten acts will not be followed for at least 4 years -

The Minimum Wages Act
The Maternity Benefit Act
The Equal Remuneration Act
The Trade Unions Act
The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act
The Industrial Disputes Act
The Factories Act
The Contract Labour Act
The Inter-State Migrant Workmen Act
The Working Journalists Act
The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act
The Employees’ State Insurance Act
The Payment of Bonus Act
The Unorganized Workers’ Social Security Act

The U.P. Govt like slaves just like the Britishers did.

PPVRA

Sat May 09, 2020 12:09 am

How’s the monsoon season going to affect India in this pandemic?

I imagine people gathering indoors to stay away from the rain... kinda like winter. Doesn’t seem like a good thing.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

pune

Sat May 09, 2020 7:56 am

PPVRA wrote:
How’s the monsoon season going to affect India in this pandemic?

I imagine people gathering indoors to stay away from the rain... kinda like winter. Doesn’t seem like a good thing.

Rains are like a month away at the very least, the weather will turn a bit pleasant for a change. I think more people will die of the paranoia rather than the virus for reals or be badly damaged (mentally) for a long time to come. PSTD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraum ... s_disorder. The more this carries on, the deeper the scars will be. And India anyway doesn't like talking about mentall illness. Some sort of taboo, dunno why.

PPVRA

Sat May 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Reason I ask is because flu season in warm places tends to happen around the wet season (summer not winter). I had a second post on here describing this, I don’t know why it was deleted?

Anyways, looks like India has some time still until monsoon season to prepare for a possible increase in hospitalizations.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

dtw2hyd

Sat May 09, 2020 5:31 pm

India has other problem during monsoon season like Dengue fever which fills hospitals.

No one knows much about this virus. Earlier 75F 40RH said to be best conditions for survival, but there are reports it survives up to 135F. If that this true Indian summers are no issue for COVID-19.

dtw2hyd

Sun May 10, 2020 6:15 pm

I don't know if these pictures are real or politically motivated, but they are horrible to watch.

https://twitter.com/aryansrivastav_/sta ... 3153938433

pune

Mon May 11, 2020 6:38 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
I don't know if these pictures are real or politically motivated, but they are horrible to watch.

https://twitter.com/aryansrivastav_/sta ... 3153938433

I have seen similar pictures. The most disheartening thing is the Govt. apathy towards the working classes. First taking money from working classes for rail fares and then saying no distress because people didn't take money out of their JDY accounts. Btw JDY accounts is where the Govt. puts money for work done under MNREGA, 2005 plus INR 500 from Central Govt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... _Act,_2005 . Although MNREGA is yearly but this year hardly any work was done due to pandemic. About the INR 500 dunno if it was one time or what. Even the scheme is sketchy at best. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pradhan_M ... han_Yojana . And of course, how can I forget the whole N95 and PPE scam which is yet to be uncovered. https://www.moneylife.in/article/covid- ... 60269.html

The print articulated the point very well. https://theprint.in/national-interest/v ... on/417506/
Last edited by pune on Mon May 11, 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

pune

Mon May 11, 2020 6:44 am

last not the least the A/C trains starting from tomorrow. What is needed and what is being supplied. https://www.bbc.com/hindi/india-52612925 . In essence Govt. is looting the public who they know have no other means to go from A to B .

dtw2hyd

Mon May 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Me thinks restarting limited train service is Modi's master plan to avoid free transportation to migrant workers. No confirmed ticket, no entry means no poor worker can step inside any train station.

pune

Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Me thinks restarting limited train service is Modi's master plan to avoid free transportation to migrant workers. No confirmed ticket, no entry means no poor worker can step inside any train station.

I think the same. The reason for doing so are apparent and obvious. This print article outlines it perfectly. https://theprint.in/opinion/indias-hear ... th/418845/ . Those who go back will not be in a hurry to come back to the city and industrialists in the city cannot function without cheap labor or slave labor. One of the links from that story shares an Economic Times article which tells that how Europeans and Americans have done it and how our capitalists look at things in simplistic manner. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 645061.cms Any more questions why we can't produce like the rest of the world does.

dtw2hyd

Mon May 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Hopefully, India will stop stigmatizing local people doing so-called dirty/cheap jobs. There is absolutely no need to bring labor from Bihar to Telangana or Andhra Pradesh. There are enough people who can do the same. If I recall most sewage system maintenance workers in Tamil Nadu used to be from Telugu states. They will not do the same job in their home states. This has to change.

I still don't know what is Modi's apprehension with poor. Maybe some train passenger treated him badly in his imaginary tea seller role. Haven't seen any Hindu exhibit this behavior.

pune

Mon May 11, 2020 5:11 pm

The print has been doing a good job of telling how labor in other countries work, see for e.g. https://theprint.in/opinion/india-labou ... ty/418540/ . More interesting though is this analysis on RSS in print https://theprint.in/opinion/politically ... di/418509/ which seems to show that RSS has basically become defunct in the larger scheme of things.

airhansa

Re: COVID-19 India Lockdown Thread

Sun May 17, 2020 10:04 am

Bringing this from the other thread:

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
airhansa wrote:

Overall deaths are actually lower than the normal death rate, because so few people have been killed by road accidents etc... and Singapore shows that a large number of young Indians being infected isn't such a cause for concern. The curve isn't flattening because it's already low (look at Japan). And regardless, India will still be the least affected by the coronavirus simply because everyone else is more affected, and India already has the history of dealing with (passively) both MERS and SARS, so it wouldn't take long for Indians to leave their houses and for economic activity to rebound. The west is going to face a far deeper recession than the east.

Flattening the curve is still a thing - big population or small population. And yes, large number of migrant workers being affected in Singapore is a big concern for the government of Singapore and they are mobilizing as much resources as they can in order to test and contain the spread.

The main reason the curve isn't flattening out in India is because people are still resisting to stay in their homes and because of crowded communities. If people don't realize that then there can be severe harm to Indian economy in the upcoming months.

P.S. Please stop taking non-sense about topics you are not familiar with. Please try to contain misinformation.

Firstly, I feel that you're forwarding misinformation based on a political agenda, and that people such as you ignore the evidence coming from East Asia in order to paint a scene that allies with your politics.

India does not have an exponential curve and it's more similar to East Asian countries, cementing the idea that it's western countries that have mishandled the pandemic. Furthermore, my view was that it's only elderly that should be kept isolated, as Singapore has shown that a large number of young Indians being infected does not result in deaths or a strain in healthcare infrastructure.

Finally, most evidence shows that the Indian economy will be one of the best performing in the world for this year, including data from the likes of the IMF and World Bank. It's only people that hate the ruling Indian government who say otherwise. East Asia has been less economically affected than the West, so how can you pretend that India will be worse than the West?

SQ22 wrote:
Please continue the overall situation and politics in the dedicated thread and stay on topic. The general thread can be found here:

COVID-19 India Lockdown Thread

In that case you should remove all posts on said topic. I'm responding to a person who responded to me with and the content discussed is no different. If you don't remove those posts then I'm posting a reply on this thread, but I'll post on the other threat as well and hope the other poster continues there.

pune

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:00 pm

which other thread ?

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Lockdown was another jewel in the crown for magnificent leader. Seem to have failed in every aspect. Repatriation flights seem to be only one good thing going.

pune

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:55 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Lockdown was another jewel in the crown for magnificent leader. Seem to have failed in every aspect. Repatriation flights seem to be only one good thing going.

very much true, @dtw2hyd, can you figure out which other thread is air hansa talking about. I can't see any other thread. I was expecting lots of things but sadly not much has been reported on the scale of bungling done. Should we open or not open ? The civil aviation minister doing lot of double-speak, the same thing being repeated everywhere. Even Moody's have downgraded us. Also the whole shennangins happens in the military stores. Which are Indian, which are Chinese, which are imported ? No talk of paytm when the biggest shareholder is the Ali Baba Group and the servers are located in China. No reporting of the BHIM app. which leaked data of millions of people. I could go on and on.