Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

 
BN747
Topic Author
Posts: 7535
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Pastor of Tampa church that held two large Sunday services arrested, jailed
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... fs-office/

Oh, good idea at this time, Father Tim.

What isn't mentioned is...did he pass the plate?

He may be a man of faith and really thinks god talks to and guides him OR was this all about the 'take' from two services?

And since Mega Churches (all churches actually) pay zero taxes..will they be eligible for Fed Cash for low plate activity?
Because you know they are keeping track of how much the 'god business' has dropped.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Mass Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

I read the word megachurch and immediately understood everything
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 pm

You must have forgot to link a NY church that is also ignoring the social distancing directive

https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/22/chur ... th-in-god/
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm

^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 pm

stl07 wrote:
^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency


This thread was started to do this and you realize that. I would ask others that question. I would also ask these people why they aren't staying home. It's a fricken joke.

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/12 ... 92352?s=20
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency


This thread was started to do this and you realize that. I would ask others that question. I would also ask these people why they aren't staying home. It's a fricken joke.

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/12 ... 92352?s=20

I thought it was more to shit on churches as that seems to be BN747's pastime (although shitting on a megachurch isn't a problem in my books). I'm sure if he saw the NY example, he would use that too. FL isn't even a red state, it is a swing state, and Tampa is a blue city, so if it was about that, he would have found an example in say Texas.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10673
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency


This thread was started to do this and you realize that. I would ask others that question. I would also ask these people why they aren't staying home. It's a fricken joke.

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/12 ... 92352?s=20


How?
He specifically raised the issue of a church that has gotten national attention. ? You are the only one making it a red vs blue issue.

You could have just said, here is a church in NY with the same issue.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:03 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
You must have forgot to link a NY church that is also ignoring the social distancing directive

https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/22/chur ... th-in-god/

I got to the point in the link that said "2020/03/22" and stopped to check today's date.

Never mind; perhaps it was because that Pastor was also jailed? He wasn't? Oh!

Perhaps it was because that was also a "massive service"? It wasn't? Oh!

Is there some other agenda you are following? :scratchchin:

Hint; Coronavirus is a fast moving pandemic (pun intended), but thanks for bringing up old unrelated news anyway. :bouncy:
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
BN747
Topic Author
Posts: 7535
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:54 pm

stl07 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency


This thread was started to do this and you realize that. I would ask others that question. I would also ask these people why they aren't staying home. It's a fricken joke.

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/12 ... 92352?s=20

I thought it was more to shit on churches as that seems to be BN747's pastime (although shitting on a megachurch isn't a problem in my books). I'm sure if he saw the NY example, he would use that too. FL isn't even a red state, it is a swing state, and Tampa is a blue city, so if it was about that, he would have found an example in say Texas.


Ahhh, 'the god talking to him' quip must have tipped you off...
.... the other character thinking it's a red vs blue battle 'til the last man standing sees all type of things normal people cannot envision nor think of.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
^^And you continue to view this whole situation as a fight between blue states and red states instead of an international emergency


This thread was started to do this and you realize that. I would ask others that question. I would also ask these people why they aren't staying home. It's a fricken joke.

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/12 ... 92352?s=20


So you are okay with large numbers of anti-choice people getting sick and even dying, Nik. This is what you are saying when you post this "but but but...." argument.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 am

The mayor of Tampa is the one that needs to be arrested. This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights and there's no way the courts will uphold it. The mayor is trying to stop peaceful assembly and religious freedom.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
The mayor of Tampa is the one that needs to be arrested. This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights and there's no way the courts will uphold it. The mayor is trying to stop peaceful assembly and religious freedom.

Have you attended a megachurch ever? I can tell you that there is nothing peaceful about what is being said there.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 am

stl07 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
The mayor of Tampa is the one that needs to be arrested. This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights and there's no way the courts will uphold it. The mayor is trying to stop peaceful assembly and religious freedom.

Have you attended a megachurch ever? I can tell you that there is nothing peaceful about what is being said there.


I have no use for churches. But I'll support those who I believe are having their constitutional rights violated. Maybe when someone tries to take away yours you'll feel the same way.
 
KFTG
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:03 am

I agree with TTailedTiger. We should allow all evangelical "Christians" - especially the ones of the "conservative" persuaision - to peaceably assemble as much as possible during this global pandemic. Especially in the southern states. Wouldn't want to violate anyone's Constitutional rights.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:49 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
stl07 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
The mayor of Tampa is the one that needs to be arrested. This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights and there's no way the courts will uphold it. The mayor is trying to stop peaceful assembly and religious freedom.

Have you attended a megachurch ever? I can tell you that there is nothing peaceful about what is being said there.


I have no use for churches. But I'll support those who I believe are having their constitutional rights violated. Maybe when someone tries to take away yours you'll feel the same way.


You are likely wrong with your interpretation of the 1st Amendment: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/eless ... ates-1879/

If it is legal to ban more than 2 consenting adults from getting married, it is obviously legal to ban people from turning themselves into bio hand grenades and go and kill non-consenting 3rd parties.

The Court wrote:
]“Suppose one believed that human sacrifices were a necessary part of religious worship…Or if a wife religiously believed it was her duty to burn herself upon the funeral pile of her dead husband, would it be beyond the power of the civil government to prevent [these practices]?”


i.e. the government can ban even self sacrifice...

The IRS should have a good look at this Church, hard to argue they deserve their tax exception, as they do damage to the common good. Tax exceptions are not written in the constitution, in fact Churches had to pay taxes until about 100 years ago. Good idea to go back to that, and only exempt the money flowing into charitable stuff.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:02 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Have you attended a megachurch ever? I can tell you that there is nothing peaceful about what is being said there.


I have no use for churches. But I'll support those who I believe are having their constitutional rights violated. Maybe when someone tries to take away yours you'll feel the same way.


You are likely wrong with your interpretation of the 1st Amendment: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/eless ... ates-1879/

If it is legal to ban more than 2 consenting adults from getting married, it is obviously legal to ban people from turning themselves into bio hand grenades and go and kill non-consenting 3rd parties.

The Court wrote:
]“Suppose one believed that human sacrifices were a necessary part of religious worship…Or if a wife religiously believed it was her duty to burn herself upon the funeral pile of her dead husband, would it be beyond the power of the civil government to prevent [these practices]?”


i.e. the government can ban even self sacrifice...

The IRS should have a good look at this Church, hard to argue they deserve their tax exception, as they do damage to the common good. Tax exceptions are not written in the constitution, in fact Churches had to pay taxes until about 100 years ago. Good idea to go back to that, and only exempt the money flowing into charitable stuff.

best regards
Thomas


Uh, the courts struck down the ban on same sex marriage in states that violates the rights of same sex couples. But that's beside the point. You can only have your constitutional rights taken away via due process. We haven't had our day in court yet.

We either have rights or we don't. There no pause button.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

I have no use for churches. But I'll support those who I believe are having their constitutional rights violated. Maybe when someone tries to take away yours you'll feel the same way.


You are likely wrong with your interpretation of the 1st Amendment: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/eless ... ates-1879/

If it is legal to ban more than 2 consenting adults from getting married, it is obviously legal to ban people from turning themselves into bio hand grenades and go and kill non-consenting 3rd parties.

The Court wrote:
]“Suppose one believed that human sacrifices were a necessary part of religious worship…Or if a wife religiously believed it was her duty to burn herself upon the funeral pile of her dead husband, would it be beyond the power of the civil government to prevent [these practices]?”


i.e. the government can ban even self sacrifice...

The IRS should have a good look at this Church, hard to argue they deserve their tax exception, as they do damage to the common good. Tax exceptions are not written in the constitution, in fact Churches had to pay taxes until about 100 years ago. Good idea to go back to that, and only exempt the money flowing into charitable stuff.

best regards
Thomas


But that's beside the point. You can only have your constitutional rights taken away via due process. We haven't had our day in court yet.


Due process of law only means that you can challenge laws and regulations, a long as they are not banned from taking it to the courts due process has been observed.

We either have rights or we don't. There no pause button


Of course there is a pause button. What do you think pre-trial detention is, considering that you are innocent until your guilt has been proven. Mandatory evacuation orders also tend to interfere with your constitutionally guaranteed rights to use your property, you also don´t get to go back to your Church in such area. This is just a blanket mandatory evacuation order for all gatherings.

Uh, the courts struck down the ban on same sex marriage in states that violates the rights of same sex couples.


yet, anti-polygamie laws are still in place.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:51 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

You are likely wrong with your interpretation of the 1st Amendment: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/eless ... ates-1879/

If it is legal to ban more than 2 consenting adults from getting married, it is obviously legal to ban people from turning themselves into bio hand grenades and go and kill non-consenting 3rd parties.



i.e. the government can ban even self sacrifice...

The IRS should have a good look at this Church, hard to argue they deserve their tax exception, as they do damage to the common good. Tax exceptions are not written in the constitution, in fact Churches had to pay taxes until about 100 years ago. Good idea to go back to that, and only exempt the money flowing into charitable stuff.

best regards
Thomas


But that's beside the point. You can only have your constitutional rights taken away via due process. We haven't had our day in court yet.


Due process of law only means that you can challenge laws and regulations, a long as they are not banned from taking it to the courts due process has been observed.

We either have rights or we don't. There no pause button


Of course there is a pause button. What do you think pre-trial detention is, considering that you are innocent until your guilt has been proven. Mandatory evacuation orders also tend to interfere with your constitutionally guaranteed rights to use your property, you also don´t get to go back to your Church in such area. This is just a blanket mandatory evacuation order for all gatherings.

Uh, the courts struck down the ban on same sex marriage in states that violates the rights of same sex couples.


yet, anti-polygamie laws are still in place.

best regards
Thomas


You act as if no government officials have ever been found guilty of violating due process. It happens all the time. If a cop barges into my home without a warrant then he has violated it. It doesn't matter that I can pick up a phone and call an attorney. It's too late at that point. It's the same reason an assault doesn't require a battery in order to be a crime. You have harmed the individual regardless. I believe I'll come out on the right side of history with this. A mayor can't take away rights just because they get the itch. And the mayor of San Francisco is going to find herself in hot water. See the news article I posted earlier.

I find it troubling that so many think their rights can be taken away in mass.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 am

The current hysteria by the left must not be a reason the question the individual rights guaranteed in the constitution, like religious freedom.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
You act as if no government officials have ever been found guilty of violating due process. It happens all the time. If a cop barges into my home without a warrant then he has violated it. It doesn't matter that I can pick up a phone and call an attorney. It's too late at that point. It's the same reason an assault doesn't require a battery in order to be a crime.


yeah.. and that you can hold that cop responsible is due process of law. Its lawful until a court says it wasn´t, otherwise no cop could ever do anything.

You have harmed the individual regardless. I believe I'll come out on the right side of history with this.


you come out of this responsible for a share of the dead.

A mayor can't take away rights just because they get the itch. And the mayor of San Francisco is going to find herself in hot water. See the news article I posted earlier.


You didn´t post any links in this thread as far as i can tell.

I find it troubling that so many think their rights can be taken away in mass.


its troubling that some people think there is any right to put other lives in danger. He was warned, if anyone from his congregation gets sick and dies, he should be charged with manslaugther, because that is what he would be guilty of. Closing a church doesn´t take any rights away, it is protecting rights.

best regards
Thomas
Last edited by tommy1808 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 am

seahawk wrote:
The current hysteria by the left must not be a reason the question the individual rights guaranteed in the constitution, like religious freedom.


So let people die. "Liberals" hate. That is your response. The response from a supporter of the "party of life". meh... That is your whole argument. Who cares if a few people get sick and die? "Liberals" are bad. That is the only response you have.

Where did Jesus Christ say this? Republicans keep saying Jesus hates for whatever reason. Where did Jesus Christ say let people die because 'Murica? Please show me what 2020 year Bible says this.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:59 am

seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
The current hysteria by the left must not be a reason the question the individual rights guaranteed in the constitution, like religious freedom.


So let people die. "Liberals" hate. That is your response. The response from a supporter of the "party of life". meh... That is your whole argument. Who cares if a few people get sick and die? "Liberals" are bad. That is the only response you have.

Where did Jesus Christ say this? Republicans keep saying Jesus hates for whatever reason. Where did Jesus Christ say let people die because 'Murica? Please show me what 2020 year Bible says this.


It is the right of the individual to meet and pray together. And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:02 am

seahawk wrote:
And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


Wrong. Social distancing and hand washing will save you. Hate to break it to you, but the coronavirus doesn't really give a shit how much you pray.
Buttery males.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:13 am

bgm wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


Wrong. Social distancing and hand washing will save you. Hate to break it to you, but the coronavirus doesn't really give a shit how much you pray.


And that's all there is to this. The virus doesn't sail through the air like a dandelion nor does it just absorb through skin contact. Don't get in anyone's face and wash your hands often. Do that and you'll be fine. We can also do those things and still have an economy. A shame people are acting so crazy.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
bgm wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


Wrong. Social distancing and hand washing will save you. Hate to break it to you, but the coronavirus doesn't really give a shit how much you pray.


And that's all there is to this. The virus doesn't sail through the air like a dandelion nor does it just absorb through skin contact. Don't get in anyone's face and wash your hands often. Do that and you'll be fine. We can also do those things and still have an economy.


a) you don´t have an economy with an epidemic running wild
b) social distancing is just as important, so no....washing hands is not enough.

A shame people are acting so crazy.


yeah.. it is really a shame that people like you act so crazy that they killed thousands of Americans killed...

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
marcelh
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:39 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
We can also do those things and still have an economy.

With a price tag of up to 2.2 million US people dead.
OK.....
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am

marcelh wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
We can also do those things and still have an economy.

With a price tag of up to 2.2 million US people dead.
OK.....


Where did you purchase your crystal ball? I'm in the market for one...
 
marcelh
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
We can also do those things and still have an economy.

With a price tag of up to 2.2 million US people dead.
OK.....


Where did you purchase your crystal ball? I'm in the market for one...

That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 am

marcelh wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
With a price tag of up to 2.2 million US people dead.
OK.....


Where did you purchase your crystal ball? I'm in the market for one...

That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.


That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:54 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Where did you purchase your crystal ball? I'm in the market for one...

That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.


That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


Death and violence only come if President Dumb makes it happen with his incompetence.

Are your parents and grand parents already dead and, if not, why do you want to kill them?

Where have you been criticising the US government for their out-of proportion reaction to terrorism, considering that you say it's fine for the US Government to let slaughter on this magnitude happen?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 am

Surely under stand your ground rules you can now legitimately shoot anyone who has been to church in the last 2 weeks and gets within 2 meters of you.

Have at it second amendment!

Fred
Image
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.


That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


Death and violence only come if President Dumb makes it happen with his incompetence.

Are your parents and grand parents already dead and, if not, why do you want to kill them?

Where have you been criticising the US government for their out-of proportion reaction to terrorism, considering that you say it's fine for the US Government to let slaughter on this magnitude happen?

Best regards
Thomas


You must have missed my posts where I said GWB and Cheney should be hanged for their war crimes.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:04 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Where did you purchase your crystal ball? I'm in the market for one...

That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.


That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:06 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


Death and violence only come if President Dumb makes it happen with his incompetence.

Are your parents and grand parents already dead and, if not, why do you want to kill them?

Where have you been criticising the US government for their out-of proportion reaction to terrorism, considering that you say it's fine for the US Government to let slaughter on this magnitude happen?

Best regards
Thomas


You must have missed my posts where I said GWB and Cheney should be hanged for their war crimes.


which says nothing about the War on Terror per se.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:14 am

scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
marcelh wrote:
That number was mentioned by your Great Leader on March 29. And I am willing to take his statements with a grain of salt, but this one is backed up by researchers.


That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?


You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?


You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


great.. so churches can be closed indefinitely, since they have no value adding effect to the economy and divert funds from healthcare and food.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:25 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:

What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?


You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


great.. so churches can be closed indefinitely, since they have no value adding effect to the economy and divert funds from healthcare and food.

best regards
Thomas


You mean aside from the ones that feed the homeless every day?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


great.. so churches can be closed indefinitely, since they have no value adding effect to the economy and divert funds from healthcare and food.

best regards
Thomas


You mean aside from the ones that feed the homeless every day?


if Churches paid Taxes the homeless could get a home on top of food.
And you don´t need a church of donate to homeless kitchens....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

That would still only be 0.63% of the US population if your figures were to be correct. We would have to ask if that is worth the majority being jobless, homeless, and hungry. And then we get to deal with the violence and death that comes with that.


What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?


You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:14 am

scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:

What's your number? How many dead is acceptable before you'll consider inconveniencing yourself?


You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?


Any number is a better than a huge global recession. Even if the virus would kill 10% of the population (hint it does not) this is far less than the number of dead that can be expected from a recession and global war.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:16 am

seahawk wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

You consider 40% unemployment and an economic depression an inconvenience? If everyone could stay home for months with everything staying the same then you wouldn't get an argument from me. We only have a stable healthcare system because of our economy. If you are ok with an economic collapse then that means you are also ok with the infant mortality rate, suicides, and murder sky rocketing. The US suffered the most violence during the 1930's and executed the most people for murder. You want to go back to lawlessness and street gangs? Nothing good will come from a depression. The only thing that got us out of the first one is a world war. You want to go through that again? Because it's a very good chance that's what will happen with the majority the world suffering and impoverished.


You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?


Any number is a better than a huge global recession. Even if the virus would kill 10% of the population (hint it does not) this is far less than the number of dead that can be expected from a recession and global war.


Agreed. What we are doing is is similar to cutting off the head to stop a nose bleed. We're all going down.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:32 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
seahawk wrote:
scbriml wrote:

You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?


Any number is a better than a huge global recession. Even if the virus would kill 10% of the population (hint it does not) this is far less than the number of dead that can be expected from a recession and global war.


Agreed. What we are doing is is similar to cutting off the head to stop a nose bleed. We're all going down.


so.. are you going to seek out infected people to get yourself ill, quarantine yourself until you are healthy again, and make sure that the medical professionals know you yield your ventilator to whomever needs one, once the shortage arrives, or does you determination to send millions down the plank not extend to taking a 0.x risk to yourself?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:58 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
seahawk wrote:
scbriml wrote:

You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?


Any number is a better than a huge global recession. Even if the virus would kill 10% of the population (hint it does not) this is far less than the number of dead that can be expected from a recession and global war.


Agreed. What we are doing is is similar to cutting off the head to stop a nose bleed. We're all going down.


More extremism - any number? Enough death would decimate whatever's left of any economy anyway.

Mortality rates actually declined during the great recession.
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/09/57666931 ... ion-deaths

Estimated global deaths attributed to WWII up to 85 million, or 3% of the then global population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

How great would the American economy be with around three and a half million dead Americans?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Olddog
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:11 pm

In France, the main starting point is sourced from an event from the megachurch Porte Ouverte Chrétienne de Mulhouse. From that cluster the whole east of France was contaminated.
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14886
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:26 pm

Faith related gatherings have been the source of several intense local outbreaks around the world of the Covid-19 virus. That includes Christians like the OP in South Korea, and around the USA, Muslims (Iran in particular), and Jews (USA). Here in my home state of NJ, the town of Lakewood, one of the largest Orthodox Jewish communities in the USA has seen several family gatherings for weddings and other faith ceremonies get shut down and property owners facing fines.

When it comes to infectious diseases like Covid-19, gathering to pray in your faith won't protect you, indeed it may kill you.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

seahawk wrote:
It is the right of the individual to meet and pray together. And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


Then there is a simple solution: let them meet, and lock them in the "church".... for weeks. Let's be sure they don't infect the rest of the planet.

Nobody wants to be infected with Covid-19... and no thinking person wants to be infected with their "religion"...


seahawk wrote:
And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


Wrong! My airbag saved me once... but, I must admit, I wish it had known that trick about turning water into wine...


bgm wrote:
Social distancing and hand washing will save you. Hate to break it to you, but the coronavirus doesn't really give a shit how much you pray.


:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:09 pm

seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
The current hysteria by the left must not be a reason the question the individual rights guaranteed in the constitution, like religious freedom.


So let people die. "Liberals" hate. That is your response. The response from a supporter of the "party of life". meh... That is your whole argument. Who cares if a few people get sick and die? "Liberals" are bad. That is the only response you have.

Where did Jesus Christ say this? Republicans keep saying Jesus hates for whatever reason. Where did Jesus Christ say let people die because 'Murica? Please show me what 2020 year Bible says this.


It is the right of the individual to meet and pray together. And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.


So just get rid of science. Pray the virus away. That worked so well with the plague, didn't it? Let the South spread disease around there. I say: build a wall around the South. Do not let anyone in or out. Every life is sacred but if they die, praise Jesus. And church leaders wonder why people are leaving religion behind......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
chimborazo
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm

A few people on here need to read “Blind Faith” by Ben Elton
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10133
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:24 pm

seahawk wrote:
And as only Jesus can save you, it is better than any other means.

Really? You honestly think that? Cuz' then you should die, as that is the only way Jesus can save you. So the sooner you save yourself the better, no?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
winginit
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Mega Church Pastor Jailed for Soliciting Congregation to Attend Massive Services

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:27 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
seahawk wrote:
scbriml wrote:

You’re such an extremist! Everything is bright white or dark black in your world. My question was related to your previous complaints about being inconvenienced by the current situation. So let’s have an answer, how many deaths would be acceptable to you in order to not impact the economy?


Any number is a better than a huge global recession. Even if the virus would kill 10% of the population (hint it does not) this is far less than the number of dead that can be expected from a recession and global war.


Agreed. What we are doing is is similar to cutting off the head to stop a nose bleed. We're all going down.


That is COMICALLY untrue. A recession and global war would kill more than 10% of the global population? History says you're flat out wrong.

Honestly you two are the type that would hide zombie bites.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: astuteman, B777LRF, Bing [Bot], flyguy89, hoons90, Tugger and 49 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos