Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PixelPilot

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

This is a pretty simplistic methodology primer. It actually says hardly anything meaningful about how the results were obtained / what questions were asked on point 2 of the survey instrument.

https://public-cdn.sermo.com/COVID-19-R ... dology.pdf

(2) Resource Needs: COVID-19 information and
resources physicians want from the healthcare industry

So what's wrong with this question?
What's not meaningful?

My bad, I meant point 3 - treatment.

(3) Treatments: physicians’
experiences treating COVID-19 patients; insights into the treatments used and their safety
and efficacy

I have a feeling answers to this questions is what led them to the conclusion of this article?

kalvado

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 pm

Tugger wrote:
kalvado wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Does no one do even cursory reviews of news sources? A simple google search:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... om+what+is

Tugg

I hate to pee on your parade, but the last line in that posts provides a link to a paper in "Antiviral Research" journal, peer-reviewed Elsevier publication with an impact factor of 4.9
Now if Fox (CNN, or whatever you most hated news source) says today is Monday - it's not the reason to think otherwise, a look at a calendar may be a better option.

Look, it may seem like I am "attacking the messenger and not the message" but the source does matter and this source article states the following:
It’s criminal that Dr. Fauci and the Big Pharma establishment won’t talk about low-cost prescription drugs (like hydroxychloroquine) or simple nutritional supplements (zinc) that are available now and have a long track record of safe, effective use. Instead, they want the world to suffer and die while demanding we all wait for a vaccine that may or may not work.

In the context of this global pandemic, the active censorship of alternative treatments is nothing less than a crime against humanity.
[...]
Tugg

Again, here is the original post:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Single dose of common agricultural drug Ivermectin found to “essentially eliminate all viral material” of COVID-19 coronavirus within 48 hours

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-04-05- ... virus.html

A new study published in the journal Antiviral Research finds that Ivermectin, a common agricultural drug used as a de-wormer for cats, dogs, horses and livestock — achieves a 5000-fold reduction in replication of the SARS-cov-2 “Wuhan” coronavirus.

Ivermectin is sold at agricultural supply stores and online retailers such as Amazon.com. It’s normally sold as an edible paste or a sterile solution for injection into cattle and other livestock. The drug is FDA-approved for certain treatments, although not yet FDA approved for treatment of COVID-19. We are not recommending it for human consumption until more data are available.

The study, is entitled, “The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011
[/quote]
That last link - you may need to scroll the quote to see it, actually overrides any concerns you expressed,

kalvado

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Meanwhile, mass graves are discussed for NYC
https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/nyc-to-be ... cal-parks/

PixelPilot

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:43 pm

kalvado wrote:

That's fear mongering.
I mean I am absolutely sure they also discussed at what point it is ok not to help older people on ICU to make room for younger ones and it doesn't matter if that person has covid19 or not.
And how to deploy military to shut people off when needed and etc etc etc.

Most people thought can't handle that kind of information without going batsh** crazy (pun intended) so why keep spreading this kind of "news"?

kalvado

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:02 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
kalvado wrote:

That's fear mongering.
I mean I am absolutely sure they also discussed at what point it is ok not to help older people on ICU to make room for younger ones and it doesn't matter if that person has covid19 or not.

Most people thought can't handle that kind of information without going batsh** crazy (pun intended) so why keep spreading this kind of "news"?

So why do you think this is inappropriate?
Express body disposal in China and Iran was discussed at length on this very forum; with emphasis on how bad things are there. Now the same problem hits NYC, and the way NYC disposes off bodies ( refrigerator trucks are not keeping up with the mission?) may deserve similar attention, don't you think so?

PixelPilot

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:13 pm

kalvado wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
kalvado wrote:

That's fear mongering.

Express body disposal in China and Iran was discussed at length on this very forum; with emphasis on how bad things are there. Now the same problem hits NYC, and the way NYC disposes off bodies ( refrigerator trucks are not keeping up with the mission?) may deserve similar attention, don't you think so?

I never said inappropriate, I said it will make a lot of people go nuts. Extra levels of anxiety which nobody needs right now.
Call it reckless as it might put a lot of people in danger if they happen to leave near a nutjob that got one memo too much.
Then again, it might be more and more inappropriate every day as tensions rise.

kalvado

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:26 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
kalvado wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
That's fear mongering.

I never said inappropriate, I said it will make a lot of people go nuts. Extra levels of anxiety which nobody needs right now.
Call it reckless as it might put a lot of people in danger if they happen to leave near a nutjob that got one memo too much.

Just two weeks ago you blamed China for hiding things. DO as I say, not as I do?

Tugger

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm

kalvado wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Just two weeks ago you blamed China for hiding things. DO as I say, not as I do?

The best and most important thing about a free press is all sorts of information that is brought into public view. Ultimately the public decides what is and what is not important. The free press will ask questions people don't want asked and present information that will scare some people. But that is much preferred over a government or some other group deciding what can and can't be published.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

marcelh

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:26 pm

casinterest

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:27 pm

marcelh wrote:

Damn.

Hope it works out for him.
Where ever you go, there you are.

casinterest

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Hopefully as we are now getting more survivors plasma donations will become more widespread.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/us/plasm ... index.html

zakuivcustom

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:39 pm

marcelh wrote:

As much as I love to make fun of Boris, it just show the virus itself is no joke.

Hopefully this is just out of being extremely cautious more than anything.

casinterest

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:45 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
marcelh wrote:

As much as I love to make fun of Boris, it just show the virus itself is no joke.

I read the articles a bit further. Looks like he has worsened over the day, and it is a move of caution.

He is not on a ventilator....yet.

Waterbomber2

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:11 pm

casinterest wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
marcelh wrote:

I read the articles a bit further. Looks like he has worsened over the day, and it is a move of caution.

He is not on a ventilator....yet.

I'm not a big fan of Boris, especially how he was intially passive about Covid-19, and how he u-turned just a day or so before announcing he tested positive.
It's not looking good, it seems that he's in for a long and tough battle.
It probably won't help that he was probably weak due to sleeping very little.

I really wonder how Trump does it at his age, standing on the podium for so long, making long speeches and answering so many questions while being tough as heck. That comes on top off daily briefings.
He has stamina, that's for sure.

noviorbis77

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Come on Boris, pull through.

N212R

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9WAWSJvr-0

Blame Trump if you must but this from the Director of our National Institutes of Health on February 7.

Tugger

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 pm

N212R wrote:

Blame Trump if you must but this from the Director of our National Institutes of Health on February 7.

And he also said:

“If you track the number of diagnoses worldwide, it is going up very steeply,” says Collins, one of the top-ranked U.S. officials focused on scientific research. “It's clearly transmitted from person to person, probably even when people aren't even symptomatic.”

“The concern, of course, is in China, where this is spreading very rapidly,” he told Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer in a conversation taped on Tuesday. “It is impossible to say, however, exactly what the next few weeks will hold for America.”

And:
Collins described the fast-spreading nature of the virus as “bad news” but noted that the death rate of the virus is low compared to that of SARS, a viral outbreak in China that occurred in 2002 and 2003. SARS had a death rate of 9.6% compared to 2.1% for coronavirus.
“The good news is its lethality seems to be a lot lower,” Collins said.

So he accepted and was fully aware of the issues it presented. I am looking for his later interview where he noted the needed to step up it response to the virus once it reached our shores and it became apparently China's number were not fully accurate.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

casinterest

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:53 pm

N212R wrote:

So you didn't watch the video or understand anything about it did you?

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
The Body of evidence doesn't really seem to support that claim, and simple cloth masks.may even increase the chance of infection: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04 ... a-we-have/
Best regards
Thomas

This is like saying because someone cannot tie shoe laces, don't let them wear shoes.

How many millions got infected by wearing a cloth mask (or) by wearing a mask improperly. Any solid data?

NHK World reported an interesting study on micro droplets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hau4J2DfTK8

So much bellyaching from the Left about Trump not wearing a mask to set an example.

Follow the example fo your Leaders, or not... :lol:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 0481384449
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

flyguy89

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm

zkojq wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
Elimination of FDA red tape to speed development of everything from vaccines to COVID-19 tests to drug therapy testing and trials

Everything to do with Big Pharma having politicians in their pocket and nothing to do with Libertarianism whatsoever.

Oh I see, because the FDA was doing such a stellar job before then :roll:

Big Pharma is the reason all the red tape was there in first place. Forgot to also include in my previous post liberation of non-violent offenders from prison; implementation of cite-and-release policies by law enforcement where low-level offenders at no risk to the community are not automatically sent to jail; suspension or elimination of frivolous small business regs (allowing businesses to sell or offer take-away/delivery of alcohol, B2B food distributors can now sell directly to consumers, allowing restaurants to sell grocery items, waiving of restrictions to allow distillers to make hand sanitizer, etc). Quite the contrary to your original point, this is all showing the utter vapidity of so many of these regulations.

JetBuddy wrote:
The Norwegian Minister of Health is now saying the Corona-situation is under control.

The quarantine / social distancing has worked.

Before the quarantine, each Corona infected individual was spreading the virus to 2.5 other individuals. Now, after three weeks of quarantine / social distancing, each Corona infected individual is infecting 0.7 other individuals. That means the drastic measures taken has worked.

The problem however is that we need to continue these measures to keep a lid on it. If we remove the social distancing and quarantine rules, it will take off again.

The Institute of Public Health in Norway is saying there are about 14,000 infected individuals in Norway at this time, even though the public numbers are around 5,750.

Link to article translated into English for your convenience:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... r-kontroll

This is precisely my next concern that I haven't seen much discussion or questioning on. OK, boom, we've flattened the curve. Now what? How long after the curve has been flattened do lockdown measures need to be maintained? What is the long-term sustainability of this strategy, because 3+ months is neither feasible nor possible.
Last edited by flyguy89 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N212R

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm

Tugger wrote:
So he accepted and was fully aware of the issues it presented.

Tugg

What part of "Americans should be a lot more worried about the flu" demonstrates full awareness of the CoVid-2 issue?

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm

Tugger wrote:
kalvado wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Does no one do even cursory reviews of news sources? A simple google search:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... om+what+is

Tugg

I hate to pee on your parade, but the last line in that posts provides a link to a paper in "Antiviral Research" journal, peer-reviewed Elsevier publication with an impact factor of 4.9
Now if Fox (CNN, or whatever you most hated news source) says today is Monday - it's not the reason to think otherwise, a look at a calendar may be a better option.

Look, it may seem like I am "attacking the messenger and not the message" but the source does matter and this source article states the following:
It’s criminal that Dr. Fauci and the Big Pharma establishment won’t talk about low-cost prescription drugs (like hydroxychloroquine) or simple nutritional supplements (zinc) that are available now and have a long track record of safe, effective use. Instead, they want the world to suffer and die while demanding we all wait for a vaccine that may or may not work.

In the context of this global pandemic, the active censorship of alternative treatments is nothing less than a crime against humanity.

Here are the drugs and nutrients we now list as the best candidates for urgent clinical trials, as these may turn out to be highly effective treatments or even cures for the coronavirus, especially in combination:

Hydroxychloroquine
Zinc
Vitamin D
IV vitamin C therapy
Ivermectin

Note that two out of the five on the list are FDA-approved prescription drugs. With trillions of dollars being thrown around as bailout money, we aren’t we spending just a few million dollars to run clinical trials on these low-cost candidates?

The answer, of course, is money. Big Pharma wants to skim big money off the pandemic, and they can’t earn billions from off-patent, generic prescription drugs like hydroxychloroquine.

We are now watching the entire world be strangled to death by Big Pharma because they don’t want a natural substance or a low-cost drug to be the “hero” of this story. They want to roll out mandatory vaccines, which means they must suppress all other therapies until they have their vaccines ready (with the medical police state vaccine tracking chips installed on everyone, to boot).

That’s why I say the people dying from coronavirus right now aren’t merely dying from coronavirus alone: They’re dying from ignorance that has been put in place by Big Tech censorship, Big Pharma disinformation and the pharma-controlled fake news media establishment that suppresses truthful information about treatments that could be working right now.

In fact, I’ve written an article about how we can end the lockdowns right now and get everybody back to work by simply invoking four strategies to halt the spread of the virus.

Watch and share this urgent video that spells it all out:

Brighteon.com/bded5422-309d-48c7-859c-6de827faa8d7

This is a crap article that stuck a credible source link into an article that is just a diatribe against whatever evil this writer see in big medicine. And as to peeing... this article s full of piss.

Tugg

Ha! Diatribes is all I see here. And lots and lots of pissing!!
But do Carry On
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Tugger

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Tugger wrote:
kalvado wrote:

Here are the drugs and nutrients we now list as the best candidates for urgent clinical trials, as these may turn out to be highly effective treatments or even cures for the coronavirus, especially in combination:

Hydroxychloroquine
Zinc
Vitamin D
IV vitamin C therapy
Ivermectin

Note that two out of the five on the list are FDA-approved prescription drugs. With trillions of dollars being thrown around as bailout money, we aren’t we spending just a few million dollars to run clinical trials on these low-cost candidates?

The answer, of course, is money. Big Pharma wants to skim big money off the pandemic, and they can’t earn billions from off-patent, generic prescription drugs like hydroxychloroquine.

We are now watching the entire world be strangled to death by Big Pharma because they don’t want a natural substance or a low-cost drug to be the “hero” of this story. They want to roll out mandatory vaccines, which means they must suppress all other therapies until they have their vaccines ready (with the medical police state vaccine tracking chips installed on everyone, to boot).

That’s why I say the people dying from coronavirus right now aren’t merely dying from coronavirus alone: They’re dying from ignorance that has been put in place by Big Tech censorship, Big Pharma disinformation and the pharma-controlled fake news media establishment that suppresses truthful information about treatments that could be working right now.

In fact, I’ve written an article about how we can end the lockdowns right now and get everybody back to work by simply invoking four strategies to halt the spread of the virus.

Watch and share this urgent video that spells it all out:

Brighteon.com/bded5422-309d-48c7-859c-6de827faa8d7

This is a crap article that stuck a credible source link into an article that is just a diatribe against whatever evil this writer see in big medicine. And as to peeing... this article s full of piss.

Tugg

Ha! Diatribes is all I see here. And lots and lots of pissing!!
But do Carry On

Well of course. Have to since some people keep posting senseless crap, showing little understanding of what they are posting.

What I find funny is you are apparently not meaning to reference the article you posted but rather a study it refers to. So why reference an article that's so obviously piss poor?

Tugg

par13del

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Meanwhile climate change campaigners also see a silver streak in the dark cloud.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52190502

zakuivcustom

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 pm

par13del wrote:
Meanwhile climate change campaigners also see a silver streak in the dark cloud.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52190502

As if no new airlines will eventually get into the market if every single airlines go out of business due to lack of bailout...

TTailedTiger

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:

Yes I hope he makes a full and fast recovery.

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:03 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Some funny folks in that thread - ‘you’re a cartoonist??’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:25 am

Zeppi wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Meanwhile, in other wackjob news, people are burning cell phone towers because they think that the 5G network is spreading coronavirus. :spin:

Things like this really make me feel like it would be a good thing for this pandemic to decimate large parts of the homo sapiens...

Hard to disagree - imagine how well the train of human progress could chug along without five cars in the rear full of stupid.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

frmrCapCadet

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 am

Tell them to use two campbell soup cans and a string! Oh yes, dump the soup out first.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

MoonC

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:18 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:

Yes I hope he makes a full and fast recovery.

He's "taking it on the chin" like he wanted others to, let him play his own game. He also boasted shaking hands with Covid patients. Even though he would need to touch his eyes, nose or mouth to get infected, he was proud of the fact he was playing with fire, and ended up burning himself.

Sorry not sorry, I don't feel bad at all.
His recklesness may have easily cost someone else their lives, occupying an ICU bed because of his own stupidity.

TTailedTiger

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:28 am

A Democrat admits that Trump helped save her life.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/detroi ... e-her-life

tommy1808

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:13 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
The Body of evidence doesn't really seem to support that claim, and simple cloth masks.may even increase the chance of infection: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04 ... a-we-have/
Best regards
Thomas

This is like saying because someone cannot tie shoe laces, don't let them wear shoes.

How many millions got infected by wearing a cloth mask (or) by wearing a mask improperly. Any solid data?

The link contains all solid data about mask wearing.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Best regards
Thomas

So much bellyaching from the Left about Trump not wearing a mask to set an example.

That is a tough one.... emotionally one would think that increases his chance of infection and death, which seems to be the only shot at competent leadership the US has until January, but then again it won´t kill him fast enough to safe lives.

TTailedTiger wrote:

ah... i´d be more impressed if she didn´t get antibiotics, and didn´t describe what you typically see when people have a bacterial infection and get antibiotics.. you feel better really quick.

No one is even suggesting Hydroxychloroquine is a quick fix or anything more than at best strongly supporting the immune system, so this is of course nonsense.

Was it too difficult to find one of her doctors to go on record or didn´t they want to say what the mass-manslaugher apologists at Foxnews wants to hear?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:14 am

Conservative writers now also mentioning the economic relief plan of payment suspension I have been mentioning since days ago:

An across the board, three-month cancellation of all rent, mortgage payments, utility and insurance bills, for starters. This would bring immediate relief to many millions of individuals and businesses. A household’s monthly nut would be reduced to something close to food, gas, and car payments. And businesses would only have to worry about paying salaries—but more on that in a moment.

Versions of this sort of plan have already been suggested; even Sen. Rick Scott of Florida has proposed a moratorium on mortgage and rent payments for individuals below a certain income threshold. But a moratorium is not a cancellation.

He goes on to explain, better than I can, how doing this would also allow companies to dramatically reduce salaries to tax-free levels that would allow people to cover basic expenses like food and gas.

https://thebulwark.com/theres-a-way-for ... place-too/

DIRECTFLT

Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 am

CBS News Posts Fraudulent Video Of ICU Nurse Crying Over Poor Working Conditions

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/06/cb ... onditions/

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/sta ... 60320?s=20

Here's some more reports of Fake News from the MSM, only this one the Left will explain away or ignore, as usual.

scbriml

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:20 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Zeppi wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Meanwhile, in other wackjob news, people are burning cell phone towers because they think that the 5G network is spreading coronavirus. :spin:

Things like this really make me feel like it would be a good thing for this pandemic to decimate large parts of the homo sapiens...

Hard to disagree - imagine how well the train of human progress could chug along without five cars in the rear full of stupid.

Unfortunately, the virus doesn't recognise stupid.

TTailedTiger wrote:

Well that's all the scientific proof anyone needs. If Fox says it works, it's good enough. Wagons roll.... :sarcastic:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
CBS News Posts Fraudulent Video Of ICU Nurse Crying Over Poor Working Conditions

Here's some more reports of Fake News from the MSM, only this one the Left will explain away or ignore, as usual.

There’s nothing to explain away - CBS needs to issue a retraction and fire the producer who failed to do proper vetting of an online ‘source’.

tommy1808

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:38 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

There’s nothing to explain away - CBS needs to issue a retraction and fire the producer who failed to do proper vetting of an online ‘source’.

considering his media consumption i don´t think he knows what a "retraction" is....... you need to explain it.

best regards
Thomas

TTailedTiger

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:02 am

scbriml wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Zeppi wrote:

TTailedTiger wrote:

Well that's all the scientific proof anyone needs. If Fox says it works, it's good enough. Wagons roll.... :sarcastic:

Apparently it's good enough for New Yorkers too. Did you miss how much hydroxychloroquine was used there yesterday?

CitizenJustin

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 am

tommy1808 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Best regards
Thomas

The link contains all solid data about mask wearing.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

That is a tough one.... emotionally one would think that increases his chance of infection and death, which seems to be the only shot at competent leadership the US has until January, but then again it won´t kill him fast enough to safe lives.

TTailedTiger wrote:

ah... i´d be more impressed if she didn´t get antibiotics, and didn´t describe what you typically see when people have a bacterial infection and get antibiotics.. you feel better really quick.

No one is even suggesting Hydroxychloroquine is a quick fix or anything more than at best strongly supporting the immune system, so this is of course nonsense.

Was it too difficult to find one of her doctors to go on record or didn´t they want to say what the mass-manslaugher apologists at Foxnews wants to hear?

best regards
Thomas

I can vouch for that. I’m just getting over pneumonia. When placed on antibiotics I felt better within 24 hours. Truly miraculous things those antibiotics.

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

TTailedTiger wrote:

Apparently it's good enough for New Yorkers too. Did you miss how much hydroxychloroquine was used there yesterday?

Classic bandwagon fallacy - that fact does not equate to scientific conclusion or certainty. It’s obviously working for particular individuals - there is no systematized data analysis of why/how, much less any randomized longitudinal evidence.

TTailedTiger

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Classic bandwagon fallacy - that fact does not equate to scientific conclusion or certainty. It’s obviously working for particular individuals - there is no systematized data analysis of why/how, much less any randomized longitudinal evidence.

Do you seriously believe that we can't look at anecdotal evdience while at the same time working on scientific evdience? They can happen in parallel. Why are you so against anyone saying hydroxychloroquine is showing promise? It's really bizarre man.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... quine.html

tommy1808

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/06/navarro_virtually_every_covid-19_patient_in_new_york_is_given_hydroxychloroquine.html

awesome... you yourself post links debunking Foxnews/the Legislator...... now that is brilliant in deed!

best regards
Thomas

TTailedTiger

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/06/navarro_virtually_every_covid-19_patient_in_new_york_is_given_hydroxychloroquine.html

awesome... you yourself post links debunking Foxnews/the Legislator...... now that is brilliant in deed!

best regards
Thomas

It's clear you have no interest in anything but trolling. Bye.

tommy1808

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

best regards
Thomas

It's clear you have no interest in anything but trolling. Bye.

just like you seem to be hell bend to kill as many US citizens as Covid possibly can, hence your constant push to get misinformation out.

At least when all this is over we know which forum members would kill for a few bucks.

best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:41 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Do you seriously believe that we can't look at anecdotal evdience while at the same time working on scientific evdience? They can happen in parallel. Why are you so against anyone saying hydroxychloroquine is showing promise? It's really bizarre man.

I have stated no such thing - I suggest re-reading. My consistent statement has been there is not yet any consensus scientifically on this therapy - and there won’t be until a randomized study is conducted. ‘Anectodal’ doesn’t cut it for giving authorities and doctors peace of mind to prescribe something not designed for a particular condition without strong evidence. Much more analysis is needed.

TTailedTiger

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I have stated no such thing - I suggest re-reading. My consistent statement has been there is not yet any consensus scientifically on this therapy - and there won’t be until a randomized study is conducted. ‘Anectodal’ doesn’t cut it for giving authorities and doctors peace of mind to prescribe something not designed for a particular condition without strong evidence. Much more analysis is needed.

When your life is on the line you tend to go with the best information you have at that moment. The first officer on FedEx 705 took the aircraft past its design limits and pulled maneuvers no pilot would ever advise. But he saved everyone onboard and countless lives on the ground.

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

When your life is on the line you tend to go with the best information you have at that moment. The first officer on FedEx 705 took the aircraft past its design limits and pulled maneuvers no pilot would ever advise. But he saved everyone onboard and countless lives on the ground.

Those maneuvers were not SOP but most experienced pilots are aware they can aggressively maneuver an aircraft in most cases because testing often shows structural failures can occur well beyond design stress limits. That is based on science and repeated study, not anecdotal tales of incredible feats of roll rate in a DC-10.

You were talking about established protocols for quarantine in another thread, and the same exists for experimental pharmacological therapy.

tommy1808

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Those maneuvers were not SOP but most experienced pilots are aware they can aggressively maneuver an aircraft in most cases because testing often shows structural failures can occur well beyond design stress limits. That is based on science and repeated study, not anecdotal tales of incredible feats of roll rate in a DC-10.

You were talking about established protocols for quarantine in another thread, and the same exists for experimental pharmacological therapy.

Plus of course a Corona infection isn't the sort of "either it holds or we die anyways" sort of situation.....

Trumpistas will probably not even understand that, if it turns out to be effective, Trump wasn't some genius knowing it in advance, but rather just heard a multi syllable word he could remeber and repeated that. .
Unless the Trumpistas want to imply Trump is withholding information from the Corona task force.
But then again, he knew a pandemic was coming for month and he didn't tell anyone about that either.

Best regards
Thomas

scbriml

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:56 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

TTailedTiger wrote:

What’s the scientific conclusion if half the people that take it die? What’s the scientific conclusion if 10% of the people taking it suffer long-term harm or side-effects?

Why not take pet medicine and drink bleach? That’s guaranteed to stop Covid-19 in its tracks!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.