Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:15 pm

Tugger wrote:
N212R wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-state-department-cables-warned-potential-sars-pandemic-after-visiting-wuhan-lab

Seems the "conspiracy theorists" have better sources than the WaPo and NYT. What's that John Prine song, "The Great Compromise"...

And? This was already a known fact. Still does not prove anything to state that the virus was created and released from the Wuhan lab. You do understand that, right? The USA has the same kinds of labs, where is your research on them?

There is research into the source of the virus, there is tons of high level excellent genetic labs out there that can literally look at what the virus is and how it came about etc. If it is was created it will be known.

But carry on.

Tugg


If to believe conspiracy theories this one was actually created in a lab in Kentucky and then moved to Wuhan by a Chinese scientist so technically it was paid by both US and China lol.
I already posted a link to that in this thread FYI. Don't feel like looking for it again.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:17 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Tugger wrote:
N212R wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-state-department-cables-warned-potential-sars-pandemic-after-visiting-wuhan-lab

Seems the "conspiracy theorists" have better sources than the WaPo and NYT. What's that John Prine song, "The Great Compromise"...

And? This was already a known fact. Still does not prove anything to state that the virus was created and released from the Wuhan lab. You do understand that, right? The USA has the same kinds of labs, where is your research on them?

There is research into the source of the virus, there is tons of high level excellent genetic labs out there that can literally look at what the virus is and how it came about etc. If it is was created it will be known.

But carry on.

Tugg


If to believe conspiracy theories this one was actually created in a lab in Kentucky and then moved to Wuhan by a Chinese scientist so technically it was paid by both US and China lol.
I already posted a link to that in this thread FYI. Don't feel like looking for it again.

You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Tugger wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tugger wrote:
And? This was already a known fact. Still does not prove anything to state that the virus was created and released from the Wuhan lab. You do understand that, right? The USA has the same kinds of labs, where is your research on them?

There is research into the source of the virus, there is tons of high level excellent genetic labs out there that can literally look at what the virus is and how it came about etc. If it is was created it will be known.

But carry on.

Tugg


If to believe conspiracy theories this one was actually created in a lab in Kentucky and then moved to Wuhan by a Chinese scientist so technically it was paid by both US and China lol.
I already posted a link to that in this thread FYI. Don't feel like looking for it again.

You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

Tugg


To be honest with you it is hard to believe anybody right now.
That's what I understand very clear :)
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Side effects of certain political decisions about to emerge. Who's gonna pay the price again? The law abiding of course.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus- ... tial-surge
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:27 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Tugger wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

If to believe conspiracy theories this one was actually created in a lab in Kentucky and then moved to Wuhan by a Chinese scientist so technically it was paid by both US and China lol.
I already posted a link to that in this thread FYI. Don't feel like looking for it again.

You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

Tugg


To be honest with you it is hard to believe anybody right now.
That's what I understand very clear :)

Interesting that you find it hard to trust yourself at the very least. Are you not able to find intelligent well resourced and grounded sources that you trust?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Tugger wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tugger wrote:
You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

Tugg


To be honest with you it is hard to believe anybody right now.
That's what I understand very clear :)

Interesting that you find it hard to trust yourself at the very least. Are you not able to find intelligent well resourced and grounded sources that you trust?

Tugg


So I find it hard to trust myself now rofl?? I mean I can tell you are trying hard but lol... Much to learn you have young padawan.
As for facts, I know people that work for gov in vaccine proofing department in one EU countries and even they don't exactly know what to believe right now. They sure are getting the info but that doesn't mean much at this point. They are just eliminating things as they go and hope to reach a real conclusion.
Obviously nobody will tell me anything that would be deemed confidential but you can tell the mood is not peachy.

Amazing that you're so confident with your sources. I wouldn't bet my life on it though.

Also do you actually BELIEVE somebody would tell you if that thing was man made lol?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:21 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
They sure are getting the info but that doesn't mean much at this point. They are just eliminating things as they go and hope to reach a real conclusion.


That's the scientific method at work - nothing special about it. There are a lot of papers out there on the genetic background of the virus - some suggest a possibility of manipulation but most suggest it is unlikely. There is no definitive conclusion as yet either way, so any sure-fire statements either way are grossly premature.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:22 pm

The history of 45's coronavirus press conferences, to a T:

Image

https://twitter.com/CarFreiTag/status/1 ... 2132202496
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:26 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Also do you actually BELIEVE somebody would tell you if that thing was man made lol?

Actually yes. This is the heart of what genetic engineering does and there are plenty that would love to be able to prove that and their abilities.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Tugger wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Also do you actually BELIEVE somebody would tell you if that thing was man made lol?

Actually yes. This is the heart of what genetic engineering does and there are plenty that would love to be able to prove that and their abilities.

Tugg


Good for you. I don't have my hopes up in cases like this.

On another note.
People are just... people.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-strea ... 31494.html
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13163
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:32 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I found these news very interesting, I thought Russia had this "under control", after donating to many countries supplies and such:

Putin Warns That Russia's COVID-19 Pandemic Is Getting Worse
After insisting less than a month ago that COVID-19 in Russia was "under control," President Vladimir Putin on Monday squarely acknowledged the opposite, with the largest day-to-day increase in cases to date and the head of the coronavirus task force warning that the country is "nowhere near" peak infections.

"We see that the situation is changing almost daily and, unfortunately, not for the better," Putin said in a video conference with health officials, according to The Moscow Times. "The number of people who are getting sick is increasing, with more cases of severe illness."

Today, Russia's coronavirus response center reported more than 2,700 new cases and 22 new deaths, bringing the total number of infections to more than 21,000 and 170 deaths. The capital, Moscow, has been hardest-hit, with more than 11,500 cases.


Would Russia call back all the donations they gave? it seems that now they may need them.


The help Italy received was deemed useless as there was no PPE and no ventilators, only military NBC stuff. And they suspect the people sent were spies.

As for the situation in Russia, that 54 Chinese citizens returned from Russia with the virus in a single day is a good indication the outbreak must be out of any control there...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Tugger wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Also do you actually BELIEVE somebody would tell you if that thing was man made lol?

Actually yes. This is the heart of what genetic engineering does and there are plenty that would love to be able to prove that and their abilities.

Tugg


So how about this one.
Care to post your sources that contradict those statements?

Especially this one:
As many have pointed out, there is no evidence that the virus now plaguing the world was engineered; scientists largely agree it came from animals. But that is not the same as saying it didn’t come from the lab, which spent years testing bat coronaviruses in animals, said Xiao Qiang, a research scientist at the School of Information at the University of California at Berkeley.

Term "engineered' becomes very loose in circumstances like this. Sure, it wasn't built from scratch, but that doesn't mean it was not grown / curated using active specimen samples from whatever is they they pull them from.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... naviruses/
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:53 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
zkojq wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Obviously.


Good. :thumbsup:



So what was your point?
You were pretty specific but you cut my question out of your reply and never answered it.
I'm interested.


I wanted to know how you respond to said situation.

trpmb6 wrote:
So what happens in the wake of this virus for the antivaxxer movement? Anecdotally, I haven't seen much from them on my social media pages of late.


Me neither, come to think of it. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Revelation wrote:
What is pointless is the average bloke on the street thinking he knows more than scientists with supercomputers crunching the numbers.


Agreed.

Revelation wrote:
What kind of social unrest do you get if every hospital bed is full because dumbasses have spread the disease faster than it can be treated?


Well said and I think it's clear that the biggest challenge for governments isn't dealing with the current wave but rather managing the "back to normal" phase without causing a tsunami. Anyone who suggests that there's a simple and straightforward answer to this is talking out of their ass.

Aaron747 wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

No surprise there. They’ll do anything to cover up. I mean really, how can China have a lower death toll from COVID-19 than Belgium?


It's absolutely inconceivable.


Saving face has always been more important than finding solutions, unfortunately.

Aaron747 wrote:
Distancing efforts in major populated areas are playing out more successfully than projections assumed they would be, largely thanks to industries taking action before many state governments or DC did. That's the reason you can feel justified in claiming 'panic' and 'overreaction' - because the public health folks are winning the battle. ANYTIME their projections are wrong, the public is winning. You can't argue with math - because numbers don't care about our feelings.


Exactly. They're literally arguing that "because the solution was effective, there was no problem in the first place". That's the kind of logic a six year old would use.

Tugger wrote:
Plain and simple I am not seeing this at all. People are just working their way through something they did not expect nor were prepared for.

I have not seen fights of any scale or anything like the "panic" you claim anywhere. I see coping, some sadness, some surprise going up to and including shock, I see depression, and I see strength and compassion and resilience.


Went shopping today. Everyone was calm and reasonable. If anything I'd say most people I interacted with were more jolly than normal. There's definitely a lot of good will going around which is great to see.

PixelPilot wrote:
You have not seen fights for toilet paper, safety items and baby food among other things?


How many have you personally witnessed? Do you mind giving us a rundown of each?

PixelPilot wrote:
And that was when most still had jobs so give it some more time when the juicy unemployment bonus expires


Competent governments won't let this happen.

Aaron747 wrote:
These are all preventable scenarios provided government has sufficient awareness, management skill, and leadership.


:checkmark: At times like this good governance really shines and the differences between societies with good governance and poor governance becomes really tangible.

PixelPilot wrote:
So on one hand you trust the government as long as it is not the one that we have now on the other hand you prove that government can fail, because who is to say that Joe the will do a better job besides wishful thinking?

Your logic is flawed because it is not based on fact but belief that somebody else will do a better job which might as well be the opposite.


You don't think that Joe (or nearly anyone else) would do a better job? I can't stand Joe (nor the morons who keep parroting how electable he is) but Donnie's leadership in this situation is a really, really, really low bar to clear:

January 3: Trump informed of virus.

January 4: Golf.

January 5: Golf.

January 18: Trump's cabinet advises him the virus is serious.

January 18: Golf.

January 19: First U.S. case of COVID-19.

January 19: Golf.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 1: Golf.

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 2: Golf.

February 19: "I think it's going to work out fine."

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 25: "Pretty close to air tight." - Larry Kudlow.

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

February 29: First U.S. death.

March 1: "Everything is really under control."

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 6: "It's contained!" - Kellyanne Conway

March 7: "No, I'm not concerned at all. We've done a great job."

March 7: Golf.

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 8: Golf.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration

March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”

March 15: "TODAY IS A NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!"

March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10"

March 17: "I've always known this is a real--this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

You'd have to have your head unbelievably far up your ass to think that was a show of good leadership.

kalvado wrote:
I heard a lot of horror stories about US slaughterhouses as well. Honestly speaking, I don't know if those can be made totally sanitary even as a best case. Fecal matter contamination of meat is what drives cooking conditions of many US sold meats.


I think that the cloronated chicken saga in Brexit negotiations made this point pretty clear.

jetwet1 wrote:
And now our dear leader is taking aim at the one person in his administration that has actually provide clear and helpful information, mostly because he has a 30% higher approval rating....#don'tfireFauci

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ation-fire


Donald is a showman and being right when he is wrong which makes him look stupid paints a target on your back.

GDB wrote:
Having a cabinet of total loyalty to a wacky cause rather than experience and competence?
Hence the likes of Patel having one of the great offices of state.


How dare you sir! Matt Hancock has a master's degree from a snobby university. That means he knows far more about what the correct level of PPE is for medical professionals than the medical professionals themselves!
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Who's paying you to post? Be honest at least. People ain't stupid as much as you would like that.


With that in mind, who paid you to post in the 737MAX threads? ;)

But seriously, let's not be petty.
First to fly the 787-9
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:06 pm

zkojq wrote:
You don't think that Joe (or nearly anyone else) would do a better job? I can't stand Joe (nor the morons who keep parroting how electable he is) but Donnie's leadership in this situation is a really, really, really low bar to clear:


They all are worth each other and yes, I do find it hard to believe Joe would be ANY better than current boss.
Scrutiny reached cosmic levels. Press is no longer partial - all activists with small islands of whatever is left of that profession.
I would get used to it. Whoever is next, he/she will be dragged as well from places nobody was touching before.

zkojq wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Who's paying you to post? Be honest at least. People ain't stupid as much as you would like that.


With that in mind, who paid you to post in the 737MAX threads? ;)

But seriously, let's not be petty.


Nobody. I was simply wrong.
It's a fact so no reason to deny it.
Difference is I'm not trying to tell people otherwise while some of the posters here clearly act like they are paid to post and stir the hate for one person in particular.
I mean can't get any dumber than believing he and he alone is f*** up during this time.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:33 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
zkojq wrote:
You don't think that Joe (or nearly anyone else) would do a better job? I can't stand Joe (nor the morons who keep parroting how electable he is) but Donnie's leadership in this situation is a really, really, really low bar to clear:


They all are worth each other and yes, I do find it hard to believe Joe would be ANY better than current boss.
Scrutiny reached cosmic levels. Press is no longer partial - all activists with small islands of whatever is left of that profession.
I would get used to it. Whoever is next, he/she will be dragged as well from places nobody was touching before.

zkojq wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Who's paying you to post? Be honest at least. People ain't stupid as much as you would like that.


With that in mind, who paid you to post in the 737MAX threads? ;)

But seriously, let's not be petty.


Nobody. I was simply wrong.
It's a fact so no reason to deny it.
Difference is I'm not trying to tell people otherwise while some of the posters here clearly act like they are paid to post and stir the hate for one person in particular.
I mean can't get any dumber than believing he and he alone is f*** up during this time.


That’s a good one :lol: As if a lil ‘ol niche board like a.net is influential enough to be worth paying for messaging on. Keep spinning yarns kid, it’s entertaining AF.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
zkojq wrote:
You don't think that Joe (or nearly anyone else) would do a better job? I can't stand Joe (nor the morons who keep parroting how electable he is) but Donnie's leadership in this situation is a really, really, really low bar to clear:


They all are worth each other and yes, I do find it hard to believe Joe would be ANY better than current boss.
Scrutiny reached cosmic levels. Press is no longer partial - all activists with small islands of whatever is left of that profession.
I would get used to it. Whoever is next, he/she will be dragged as well from places nobody was touching before.

zkojq wrote:

With that in mind, who paid you to post in the 737MAX threads? ;)

But seriously, let's not be petty.


Nobody. I was simply wrong.
It's a fact so no reason to deny it.
Difference is I'm not trying to tell people otherwise while some of the posters here clearly act like they are paid to post and stir the hate for one person in particular.
I mean can't get any dumber than believing he and he alone is f*** up during this time.


That’s a good one :lol: As if a lil ‘ol niche board like a.net is influential enough to be worth paying for messaging on. Keep spinning yarns kid, it’s entertaining AF.


Your mindset is the exact proof of why it is.
I reckon you don't really have real insight as to how those things work from the kitchen.
Ignorance is a bliss.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13163
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:49 pm

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2 ... sting-drug

This has happened in several hospitals in France, and apparently is now common in Italy too : giving blood thinners to COVID patients, if possible early on, helps with the breathing. Not doing it might even lead to ventilation killing people instead of helping.

The idea is that the issue is not with the lungs, but with the blood, full of clots, not getting to the lungs. Caused by the inflammatory response to the virus.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3842
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:55 pm

art wrote:
The acting UK leader is urging people to tolerate continuing lockdown to help "defeat" the virus. This sounds like fantasy to me. It would take nearly 20 years to reach 2/3 population immunity through infection and recovery at a rate of 10,000 new infections each day and that would assume lifetime immunity once recovered. Current UK positive tests are much lower than 10,000 a day.

So do countries resign themselves to a severe economic depression or do they resign themselves to a manageable level of disease until vaccine availability and distribution?

I am starting to think that the overall misery resulting from lockdown will exceed the overall misery of a higher number of infections if lockdown is eased.
'

I could care less about the economy at this point, its man made and can be fixed and if any good comes out of it there are some FDR like economic reforms that are passed in the coming years.

I worry about my mental health and makes me feel really selfish having feelings of despair when so many others have it far worse. I know I am not alone in these feelings.
As every day passes it gets harder to get out of bed, I have trouble falling asleep. I was drinking more initially but putting in every effort to claw it back as much as possible as I know its a temporary fix and sleep suffers, I will do by best to alcohol on weekends only. I have a job that remains open, which is a bank and there is no work from home option for my line of work because it is a branch and honestly doing as much as a I can to hold it together. I see the light at the end of the tunnel when I look at the data but I do not think my government does and the decision is ultimately up to them.

I have dealt with mental health issues before, got out of it and what did that was being more active and being with people, playing sports, going out for drinks/dinner etc. I would almost go out too much and finding that balance was something I was working on, was actively dating.
Those activities are now taken away basically indefinitely and the only solution to not get in that depressive hole is to go back on anti-depressants. However I know I do not need them, that is what is the most frustrating to me. Yes this social distancing if for the greater good but there will be immense costs down the line.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
N212R
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 pm

zkojq wrote:
but Donnie's leadership in this situation is a really, really, really low bar to clear:..


I would suggest you prepare an equal and similar Timeline for ALL the G7 (G8?) leaders. And while you're at it, include the heads of state in every country of the World.

THEN you can happily try to make the argument that our current President's leadership is deficient RELATIVE to his study group.
 
User avatar
sebolino
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue May 29, 2001 11:26 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Revelation wrote:
I think the media has had enough with Drumpfh:

The CNN chyron writer has had it


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Ref: https://twitter.com/OhHaiDRol/status/12 ... 2514392064


Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:19 pm

sebolino wrote:
Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.


Goebbels. Really?
You got hit on your head or something?
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
sebolino
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue May 29, 2001 11:26 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:21 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
sebolino wrote:
Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.


Goebbels. Really?
You got hit on your head or something?


Not recently.

It began with the "alternative facts" aka "big lies". And it never stopped til then.
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm

sebolino wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
sebolino wrote:
Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.


Goebbels. Really?
You got hit on your head or something?


Not recently.

It began with the "alternative facts" aka "big lies". And it never stopped til then.


And what is that you are doing?

Trump campaign thanks you for contributing to the rise of their supporters.
It is people like yourself that get Trump stronger. Pure ignorance. Uneducated on top of it.

Tell this sentence to people like my parents who had close relatives killed by the nazies. Just make sure you dodge right after. Better yet, run.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 24378
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:34 pm

sebolino wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
sebolino wrote:
Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.

Goebbels. Really?
You got hit on your head or something?

Not recently.

It began with the "alternative facts" aka "big lies". And it never stopped til then.

There's lots of evidence that the Hitler/Goebbels propoganda was practiced, with pictures of Hitler standing at a mirror working on his poses.

I think Drumph's derangement is organic, he's just being himself.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 pm

sebolino wrote:
Revelation wrote:
I think the media has had enough with Drumpfh:

The CNN chyron writer has had it


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Ref: https://twitter.com/OhHaiDRol/status/12 ... 2514392064


Trump is the biggest liar ever seen in history (bigger than goebbles). I hope that his voters will see it at last.


Have you really studied history to arrive at that conclusion? being from France and the word out there is they have great education I am astounded by this claim, more so when France suffered horribly during WWII at the hands of the propaganda Goebbles pushed.

I understand people hate Trump, but these sorts of comparisons only make him look great.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
Newark727
Posts: 2036
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:43 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Tell this sentence to people like my parents who had close relatives killed by the nazies. Just make sure you dodge right after. Better yet, run.


You'd think this would be some defense. But Poland and Russia, nearly destroyed by the Nazis, have as many far-right authoritarians as anyone, denying atrocities, finding ethnic and religious groups to scapegoat, aspiring to tyranny. They don't seem to see the irony - that's the central lie of nationalism. It couldn't be us. We're different. We're special.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Revelation wrote:
propoganda was practiced,

Look, propaganda does not work unless people are willing to believe it. There is most always enough free information available that people can find out more and often people DO know what is going on, that the "news" their government is feeding them, it not correct. Is leaving something out or avoiding something. This was found in WW2 Germany and can be found today in China. But you have people willingly suspending their disbelief and choosing to believe, to accept information without corroboration from fully independent sources. People don't want to use their minds sometimes they just want to be lazy and believe and not care for much else.

And that is also seen today in MAGA's, accepting whatever is told them as if it were fact (we've all heard the idiots repeating soundbites and statement that were made as if they were facts). It is disturbing.

I guess thankfully it is disturbing to enough people that come November things will change.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Newark727 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tell this sentence to people like my parents who had close relatives killed by the nazies. Just make sure you dodge right after. Better yet, run.


You'd think this would be some defense. But Poland and Russia, nearly destroyed by the Nazis, have as many far-right authoritarians as anyone, denying atrocities, finding ethnic and religious groups to scapegoat, aspiring to tyranny. They don't seem to see the irony - that's the central lie of nationalism. It couldn't be us. We're different. We're special.


I have family in Poland and what you are writing is laughable at best.
Stop reading far left media that is clearly fear mongering your brain.
I strongly urge you to visit Poland, ESPECIALLY if you are of different skin color and religion.
You will be surprised how warm they will welcome you.

BUT make sure to follow one simple rule - Do not break the laws of Poland. Try it and you're fu***
People have a very different mindset having over 1100 years of history with few instances of being erased from the map.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13163
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:16 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Yes, by the way, your President announced yesterday that schools will re-open on May 11th. He seems its worth the risk, to be one of the first nations to reopen schools after this crisis.


Some countries haven't closed their schools. May 11th is 4 weeks away, plenty of time for hospitals/ICUs to be in better shape.

It's also an experiment, will be done progressively, and with full intent on going back if it proves to be a bad idea.

Several countries might actually do this sooner, president Macron has simply decided to provide a plan for the "after" while announcing 4 more weeks of lockdown. Other leaders have done similar things, providing timetables to their citizenry.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15214
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:10 pm

The Titanic, that sunk on this day, was due to several factors including those that are close to those of Trump's policy and behaviors.
There was great pressure on the Captain of the Titanic to rush to get to NYC, to minimize time in route to beat out the competition, appease the bosses and the 1st Class passengers (like with airline's 1st Class Pax today) as the real cash cows for profits. That meant going at a much faster speed than should have gone, taking a risky route that put it closer to icebergs and see them in time to steer from them. Today, Trump is trying to race the clock to get 'back to normal' to satisfy his 'bosses' the big business and bribers that put and keep him in office, taking careless chances, offering false hope and lies to do so.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The Titanic, that sunk on this day, was due to several factors including those that are close to those of Trump's policy and behaviors.
There was great pressure on the Captain of the Titanic to rush to get to NYC, to minimize time in route to beat out the competition, appease the bosses and the 1st Class passengers (like with airline's 1st Class Pax today) as the real cash cows for profits. That meant going at a much faster speed than should have gone, taking a risky route that put it closer to icebergs and see them in time to steer from them. Today, Trump is trying to race the clock to get 'back to normal' to satisfy his 'bosses' the big business and bribers that put and keep him in office, taking careless chances, offering false hope and lies to do so.


No one can force you to leave your home (unless you are behind on mortgage/lien or taxes) or go to work. So feel free to keep yourself locked up as long as you want. But life isn't worth living the way we are going right now. And the virus isn't nearly as bad as they thought. All those temporary hospitals didn't get patients and are now being dismantled. The rest of us want to enjoy life again.
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4146
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:00 am

This virus has effect my family. My father's cousin died today from the virus. :crying:
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
And the virus isn't nearly as bad as they thought. All those temporary hospitals didn't get patients and are now being dismantled. The rest of us want to enjoy life again.


More talking point claptrap - again, one cannot argue with math because math doesn’t care about feelings, the economy, or political opinions. You have the luxury of interpreting the situation as ‘not as bad as’ because distancing mitigation has had an impact and many companies were aggressive before the government was. Otherwise we’d be looking at a very different situation - that’s just the math.

Erick Erickson articulates this well:

When you say "but the flu killed 60,000," you get the benefit of ignoring we're over 22,000 deaths in two months while sheltering-in-place. It is pretty obvious to every sane person in America that if we let this run rampant, it'd be way worse than 60,000 dead.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 05094?s=21

No one disputes we need to open the economy back up ASAP. But we should also not dispute that we need some things in place before we can -- namely the antibody test, the rapid test, and a supply of masks for people to wear in public.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 24512?s=21

This is basically the stance of anyone using logic and reason. Particularly with antibody serology tests, we can rapidly determine who is immune and/or not contagious. As he and other commentators left and right are saying, still waiting for the WH to articulate a clear plan outlining the process and practicalities of return to mostly normal operation.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 am

server error double post - delete
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:44 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
And the virus isn't nearly as bad as they thought. All those temporary hospitals didn't get patients and are now being dismantled. The rest of us want to enjoy life again.


More talking point claptrap - again, one cannot argue with math because math doesn’t care about feelings, the economy, or political opinions. You have the luxury of interpreting the situation as ‘not as bad as’ because distancing mitigation has had an impact and many companies were aggressive before the government was. Otherwise we’d be looking at a very different situation - that’s just the math.

Erick Erickson articulates this well:

When you say "but the flu killed 60,000," you get the benefit of ignoring we're over 22,000 deaths in two months while sheltering-in-place. It is pretty obvious to every sane person in America that if we let this run rampant, it'd be way worse than 60,000 dead.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 05094?s=21

No one disputes we need to open the economy back up ASAP. But we should also not dispute that we need some things in place before we can -- namely the antibody test, the rapid test, and a supply of masks for people to wear in public.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 24512?s=21

This is basically the stance of anyone using logic and reason. Particularly with antibody serology tests, we can rapidly determine who is immune and/or not contagious. As he and other commentators left and right are saying, still waiting for the WH to articulate a clear plan outlining the process and practicalities of return to mostly normal operation.


If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong. I can't think of anything more Orwellian. We don't even make people wear helmets in Florida. Your reverence for command and control economies and societies is frightening.

I agree that Trump can't force states to open their economy. But their governors are hypocrites citing states rights. Democrats have never cared for such concepts until now. But why were they then demanding ventilators and beds from the federal government? You can't have it both ways. Either you're independent from the federal government or you're not. But Trump can withhold federal funds. But then they shouldn't need much if they are going to continue keeping their people at home.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:48 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
And the virus isn't nearly as bad as they thought. All those temporary hospitals didn't get patients and are now being dismantled. The rest of us want to enjoy life again.


More talking point claptrap - again, one cannot argue with math because math doesn’t care about feelings, the economy, or political opinions. You have the luxury of interpreting the situation as ‘not as bad as’ because distancing mitigation has had an impact and many companies were aggressive before the government was. Otherwise we’d be looking at a very different situation - that’s just the math.

Erick Erickson articulates this well:

When you say "but the flu killed 60,000," you get the benefit of ignoring we're over 22,000 deaths in two months while sheltering-in-place. It is pretty obvious to every sane person in America that if we let this run rampant, it'd be way worse than 60,000 dead.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 05094?s=21

No one disputes we need to open the economy back up ASAP. But we should also not dispute that we need some things in place before we can -- namely the antibody test, the rapid test, and a supply of masks for people to wear in public.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 24512?s=21

This is basically the stance of anyone using logic and reason. Particularly with antibody serology tests, we can rapidly determine who is immune and/or not contagious. As he and other commentators left and right are saying, still waiting for the WH to articulate a clear plan outlining the process and practicalities of return to mostly normal operation.


If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong. I can't think of anything more Orwellian. We don't even make people wear helmets in Florida. Your reverence for command and control economies and societies is frightening.

I agree that Trump can't force states to open their economy. But their governors are hypocrites citing states rights. Democrats have never cared for such concepts until now. But why were they then demanding ventilators and beds from the federal government? You can't have it both ways. Either you're independent from the federal government or you're not. But Trump can withhold federal funds. But then they shouldn't need much if they are going to continue keeping their people at home.


You do have a point there with the states demanding help and such. Trump does not have authority, but I think the prudent thing is, this is a federal system, we all need to plan as a country, not as a region or a state. Trump should show the lead and propose guidelines soon.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12359
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:31 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
And the virus isn't nearly as bad as they thought. All those temporary hospitals didn't get patients and are now being dismantled. The rest of us want to enjoy life again.


More talking point claptrap - again, one cannot argue with math because math doesn’t care about feelings, the economy, or political opinions. You have the luxury of interpreting the situation as ‘not as bad as’ because distancing mitigation has had an impact and many companies were aggressive before the government was. Otherwise we’d be looking at a very different situation - that’s just the math.

Erick Erickson articulates this well:

When you say "but the flu killed 60,000," you get the benefit of ignoring we're over 22,000 deaths in two months while sheltering-in-place. It is pretty obvious to every sane person in America that if we let this run rampant, it'd be way worse than 60,000 dead.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 05094?s=21

No one disputes we need to open the economy back up ASAP. But we should also not dispute that we need some things in place before we can -- namely the antibody test, the rapid test, and a supply of masks for people to wear in public.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1 ... 24512?s=21

This is basically the stance of anyone using logic and reason. Particularly with antibody serology tests, we can rapidly determine who is immune and/or not contagious. As he and other commentators left and right are saying, still waiting for the WH to articulate a clear plan outlining the process and practicalities of return to mostly normal operation.


Your reverence for command and control economies and societies is frightening.

I agree that Trump can't force states to open their economy. But their governors are hypocrites citing states rights. Democrats have never cared for such concepts until now. But why were they then demanding ventilators and beds from the federal government? You can't have it both ways. Either you're independent from the federal government or you're not. But Trump can withhold federal funds. But then they shouldn't need much if they are going to continue keeping their people at home.


Multiple straw man deflections from being simply unable to counter that your argument about reopening everything immediately is emotional, when logic and reason say it needs to be managed in phases, with careful attention to phase II requirements. The aggressive mitigation phase is coming to a close in most places, so the conversation mature adults and organizations are having now is practical next steps, not unscientific partisan nonsense.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:11 am

IMO, it's time to move the UN to Paris or Geneva. The US has shown too much disrespect in recent years. This WHO withdrawal of funding is the last straw in my book.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13266
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 am

Aaron747 wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

No surprise there. They’ll do anything to cover up. I mean really, how can China have a lower death toll from COVID-19 than Belgium?


It's absolutely inconceivable.


Well, then again it is fairly inconceivable that you fake the data in the worlds first outbreak to downplay it, and the following outbreaks across the planet just happen to look exactly like as the data you faked.
Are the total numbers too low? Yeah, probably to varying degrees that is true everywhere, so also in China. Did they fiddle with the reported numbers.... well, not much indication for that.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13266
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 am

Pellegrine wrote:
IMO, it's time to move the UN to Paris or Geneva. The US has shown too much disrespect in recent years. This WHO withdrawal of funding is the last straw in my book.


The savings probably just pay for Trumps PR stunt of putting his name on the relief checks, so the gullible think they have to thank him for the money.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
art
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 am

In the UK...

Attacks on mobile masts surged over the Easter weekend, with a further 20 suspected arson cases being reported.

The attacks come as a deeply flawed and scientifically ignorant conspiracy theory is spreading linking the deployment of 5G antennas to the COVID-19 outbreak.


https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... d-11973145

Words fail me. Perhaps not: social media.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19123
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 am

art wrote:
In the UK...

Attacks on mobile masts surged over the Easter weekend, with a further 20 suspected arson cases being reported.

The attacks come as a deeply flawed and scientifically ignorant conspiracy theory is spreading linking the deployment of 5G antennas to the COVID-19 outbreak.


https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... d-11973145

Words fail me. Perhaps not: social media.


Idiots, bored at home and emboldened by other idiots like Eamon Holmes, decide to set fire to shit. They’ll be the first to complain when they buy a 5G phone and it doesn’t work. :sarcastic:

TTailedTiger wrote:
If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong. I can't think of anything more Orwellian.


Hate to break the news to you, but there are lots of suggestions that a condition of starting to lift restrictions could well be the compulsory wearing of masks in public. Businesses would be within their rights to demand that customers entering their premises wear masks.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Democrats have never cared for such concepts until now. But why were they then demanding ventilators and beds from the federal government?


For someone who said their posts weren’t political, you sure moan about the Democrats a lot!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
art
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:40 am

I am struck by the case outcome data showing

USA: 60% survival, 40% fatality
Spain: 81% survival, 19% fatality
Italy: 64% survival, 36% fatality
France: 65% survival, 35% fatality
Germany: 95% survival, 5% fatality

Even if the data are gathered solely from people tested after being taken to a hospital, how plausible is it that death rates from COVID-19 infection will turn out to be in the 0.5%-1.5% range mooted by the experts?


Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
 
olle
Posts: 2268
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:38 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:56 am

PixelPilot wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tell this sentence to people like my parents who had close relatives killed by the nazies. Just make sure you dodge right after. Better yet, run.


You'd think this would be some defense. But Poland and Russia, nearly destroyed by the Nazis, have as many far-right authoritarians as anyone, denying atrocities, finding ethnic and religious groups to scapegoat, aspiring to tyranny. They don't seem to see the irony - that's the central lie of nationalism. It couldn't be us. We're different. We're special.


I have family in Poland and what you are writing is laughable at best.
Stop reading far left media that is clearly fear mongering your brain.
I strongly urge you to visit Poland, ESPECIALLY if you are of different skin color and religion.
You will be surprised how warm they will welcome you.

BUT make sure to follow one simple rule - Do not break the laws of Poland. Try it and you're fu***
People have a very different mindset having over 1100 years of history with few instances of being erased from the map.


Poland today is one of the countries with most immigration in Europe. But the migration is today from Ukraine. The economical miracle of Poland makes many Ukraine people that even can show Polish past from before Ribbentrop Molotov agreement. Remember that part of today Ukraine used to be Poland before 1939.

With the brexit campaign and the "polish carpenter", UK and USA has missed that the emmigration from Poland has stopped, and being replaced with immigration both from Ukraine but Poland today have big campaigns in UK to make people coming back based on the racism in UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ose-brexit
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13266
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:11 am

scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong. I can't think of anything more Orwellian.


Hate to break the news to you, but there are lots of suggestions that a condition of starting to lift restrictions could well be the compulsory wearing of masks in public. Businesses would be within their rights to demand that customers entering their premises wear masks.


I am quite surprised we havent heard him rant about that orwellian dystopia that in many, if not by far most, places people are required to leave the house dressed, despite running around naked not posing a thread to anyone.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
art
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:06 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong.


So if I thought bikers were going to wear crash helmets all the time in some jurisdictions, I was wrong, was I?
.
 
RJMAZ
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:54 am

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am

Tugger wrote:
You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

That is absolutely false.

Do you think the lab people have to write their signature on the virus or something?

A lab can simply capture multiple mammals and let an existing coronavirus travel back and forth between the animals and letting it naturally mutate. Each mutated strain can then be stored and analysed to determine how fast it kills and how quick it spreads. They could even do illegal human testing. There will be no trace of it being made in a lab as it was simply selective breeding.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13266
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:48 am

RJMAZ wrote:
Tugger wrote:
You do understand that, currently, based on actual review by actual people knowledgeable on such things, the virus is not showing any signs of being created by a lab.

That is absolutely false.

Do you think the lab people have to write their signature on the virus or something?

A lab can simply capture multiple mammals and let an existing coronavirus travel back and forth between the animals and letting it naturally mutate. Each mutated strain can then be stored and analysed to determine how fast it kills and how quick it spreads. They could even do illegal human testing. There will be no trace of it being made in a lab as it was simply selective breeding.


.... and then you have to go and plant other versions of the virus back into the wild, as otherwise selective breeding is detectable.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 8358
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus Non Aviation Thread - April 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:56 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
If you think people are going to wear masks all the time from here on out, you are wrong. I can't think of anything more Orwellian. We don't even make people wear helmets in Florida. Your reverence for command and control economies and societies is frightening.


No masks, no lock-down but no one should get infected or die. I think we are reaching the end of blame game,

So far we have blamed Bats, Bat eating people, China, Wuhan lab, WHO, CDC, FDA, Fauci, Trump, Pence, Jared, Governors, Hospitals, Insurance companies, 3M, Daigou, PLA, minorities, religious cults.

What happened to personal responsibility?
All posts are just opinions.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, afcjets, Boeing1978, FGITD, flyguy89, Ishrion, Kent350787, N583JB, NYCVIE, OA412, skyservice_330 and 53 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos