Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tys777

Re: Moderators to enforce new Social Distancing guidelines

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:44 pm

qf2220 wrote:
Should we apply the same guidelines to any topic that discusses Alaskan Airlines mergers?

No, the flight attendants confirmed that a merger is imminent as heard from a pilot.

delimit

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
Boeing and Airbus are each pursuing new seating layouts for COVID 19 flights. Safe for spacing, easier to sanitize.

Tugg

asuflyer05

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Any idea when NW will replace the DC-9s?

dtw2hyd

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:42 pm

asuflyer05 wrote:
Any idea when NW will replace the DC-9s?

Only after production of speed tape and duct tape ceases.
All posts are just opinions.

dtw2hyd

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:48 pm

flyfresno wrote:
Can all the DTW fans simply refrain from new route speculations forever as part of these guidelines?

As soon as we get non-stop service to Mars. We are the center of aviation in USA.

BTW, had DL picked DTW-BOM and AA DTW-BLR, we wouldn't have been in this pickle.

You can resume getting DTW threads closed by reporting to mods tomorrow, or is it already April 2, 2020 in some parts of the world.
All posts are just opinions.

ElroyJetson

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:59 am

atcsundevil wrote:
A.net community,

The moderators have been asked by the World Health Organization and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to enforce new Social Distancing guidelines in the wake of the current coronavirus outbreak.

These new Social Distancing guidelines apply to topics including, but not limited to: Can the 757 line be restarted?, Is there anything more valuable than Icelandic fish?, Is the A321 a 757 replacement?, and Why did (insert airline here) never buy (insert aircraft type)?

Users may continue to discuss these topics, but we ask that they stand at least 6ft (2m) from their screens, frequently wash their keyboards with soap and warm water for the duration of at least two "Baby Sharks", and place a protective mask over their mouse. Additionally, we strongly recommend that users quarantine for a period of at least 14 days after viewing these topics.

These guidelines are effective today, April 1st, and will be strictly enforced for the benefit of the community.

On a more serious note, we realize that you (like many of us) may be feeling the stress of the current situation. While this was an admittedly poor attempt at humor, I think we could all use a laugh now and again — possibly now more than ever —so please be kind to users engaging in April Fools posts today. Yes, it may "ruin" the board for one day, but we'll clean everything up later. Laughter is an important component to mental health, which is a serious issue with so many people confined indoors. Please don't take that moment away from someone else. One day of levity won't break the site, and all will return to normal tomorrow.

✈️ atcsundevil

I have never seen the mods be humorous. Well Done! :)

Also, any A380 Neo threads must be at least 8 feet from any other threads because...you know.....it's just bigger.
707 717 727 72S 737 733 737-700 747 757 753 767-300 764 A319 A320 DC-9-10 DC-9-30 DC-9-50, MD-82 MD-88 MD-90 DC-10-10 DC-10-40 F-100

Ziyulu

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:18 am

[quote="delimit"][quote="Tugger"]Boeing and Airbus are each pursuing new seating layouts for COVID 19 flights. Safe for spacing, easier to sanitize.

This is much more comfortable than 3-3-3 787s or 3-4-3 777s.

cjg225

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:41 am

Ya know, this may be the first proper April Fools thing I've seen all day. It seems like the usual suspects around the Internet for April Fools content have been extremely quiet today, perhaps because of the state of the world right now.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

ua900

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 am

atcsundevil wrote:
but we ask that they stand at least 6ft (2m) from their screens

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to access a.net through remote computers going forward. :D

atcsundevil wrote:
... frequently wash their keyboards with soap and warm water for the duration of at least two "Baby Sharks", and place a protective mask over their mouse.

Please place a mask over your own mouth and nose before assisting your mouse. :airplane:

Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile to people's faces. We haven't had much to laugh these past couple of weeks, and it's good to break our vision every once in a while and remind ourselves that things will rebound eventually.
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | IAH | LAX | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SFO | TXL

johnboy

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:54 am

A tradition that NEVER dies lolol.

dr1980

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:12 am

Thanks for this :)
Dave/CYHZ

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 am

ElroyJetson wrote:
I have never seen the mods be humorous. Well Done! :)

Also, any A380 Neo threads must be at least 8 feet from any other threads because...you know.....it's just bigger.

Thank you. I have my moments. I specifically save them for April 1st, just so people know that I'm trying to be funny.

ua900 wrote:
Please place a mask over your own mouth and nose before assisting your mouse. :airplane:

This is exactly what I was going for! I'm glad somebody caught on :lol: