Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Biden's follies

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:21 pm

It has been a heck of a Primary for Joe Biden. He started out looking like he would lose to Bernie, then he vanquished all opponents swiftly. Then as Coronavirus took the news cycle he disappeared only to reappear in this eerie kind of thing from this house with Anderson Cooper where he can't function without some sort of script he keeps looking down at as he gives us his take on things. Not sure why I think it would be in the DNC best interest to have him quiet unless there is a teleprompter in front of him. It's quite surreal.

Today two interesting developments. First this about the convention. Where he seems to want to not have one. Yes Coronavirus a concern but also must feel the DNC has been rumored to be begging Cuomo to broker the convention? Or some other type since it's obvious Biden is toast at this point.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics ... index.html

Now this which if true will anger Clyburn and his cronies that he is considering Gov Whitmer as a running mate. Coincidently MSNBC is interviewing Abrams this morning about the census, as their subtle message to Biden to pick her.

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-ho ... 1456197867

Even though Covid-19 has given the DNC a break from their disaster of a Biden run they will have to address this soon. Cuomo's brother asked him if he was going to run and the Governor said no.

Going to be a heck of an election.

Do you believe the DNC will try some trickery or not? Personally I think they will run with Biden and look to 2024.
I am the Googlizer!!!

DeltaMD90

Re: Biden's follies

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:39 pm

I'm personally wondering what will come of this sexual assault allegation. I'm surprised it's not talked about much at all. I mean it may not be true but I figured it would at least be brought up and discussed.

And before anyone brings it up, yes I know Trump has a ton of accusations. Just another reason why I'm not voting for him.

In regards to his gaffes, I feel bad for Biden. He is awkward at times but I know I'd be very similar if I was on TV all the time. Sometimes it's difficult to convey exactly what I'm thinking into words (not a huge problem but I will occasionally say stuff similar to what he says, as awkwardly worded anyway.) Then again, I'm not running for President, and I'm not sure if this marks a decline in his cognitive ability (I'm skeptical of that)

I don't think the DNC will replace him. They're privy to much more knowledge than we have. Why would they "work behind the scenes" no make everyone drop out and endorse him and then turn around and replace him with someone random? I don't think it would go over well, at all, and it wouldn't just be Bernie Bros that are mad

stl07

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:05 pm

I distinctly recall you being a major Biden supporter and saying the DNC will try to shaft him. The tables have suddenly turned now that he is the preferred candidate. Hmmm....
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

winginit

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Does it matter? 100K to 200K American deaths to coronavirus paired with double digit unemployment would sink virtually any president - full stop. You can't spin it, and I think Trump is no exception and at this point would lose to literally any candidate on the other side. That includes gaffe machine Joe Biden, who will be carried by his VP pick.

seb146

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Biden's nomination is a non-issue at this point. I do not see there being a "brokered convention" the right so desperately wants so they can pull focus off the clown show they have to support. The argument will be made at the convention that Biden was part of an administration that had a plan and got ahead of crises. These are going to be our choices:

A guy who gets too touchy with women but was one heartbeat from the White House for eight years
A guy who gets too touchy with women and cares more about his golf resorts and his ratings
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I'm personally wondering what will come of this sexual assault allegation. I'm surprised it's not talked about much at all. I mean it may not be true but I figured it would at least be brought up and discussed.

And before anyone brings it up, yes I know Trump has a ton of accusations. Just another reason why I'm not voting for him.

In regards to his gaffes, I feel bad for Biden. He is awkward at times but I know I'd be very similar if I was on TV all the time. Sometimes it's difficult to convey exactly what I'm thinking into words (not a huge problem but I will occasionally say stuff similar to what he says, as awkwardly worded anyway.) Then again, I'm not running for President, and I'm not sure if this marks a decline in his cognitive ability (I'm skeptical of that)

I don't think the DNC will replace him. They're privy to much more knowledge than we have. Why would they "work behind the scenes" no make everyone drop out and endorse him and then turn around and replace him with someone random? I don't think it would go over well, at all, and it wouldn't just be Bernie Bros that are mad

Nothing will come of the sexual allegations. It seems that politics has descended into a place where every high profile candidate gets hit with sexual allegations. Unless some concrete proof surfaces it's a non starter.

As for the convention I tend to agree but the Dem party is in a very dark place and very divided. Will be interesting to see how they rebuild after November. One thing is for sure Pelosi has to go.

stl07 wrote:
I distinctly recall you being a major Biden supporter and saying the DNC will try to shaft him. The tables have suddenly turned now that he is the preferred candidate. Hmmm....

I said he would probably win the nomination. He wasn't my preferred candidate because before his cognitive issue and his horrible campaign he was a threat to Trump in fact I think he could have beat Trump in 2016 but now he is a side show just running out the clock on his career. Once he loses we won't see him anymore.

winginit wrote:
Does it matter? 100K to 200K American deaths to coronavirus paired with double digit unemployment would sink virtually any president - full stop. You can't spin it, and I think Trump is no exception and at this point would lose to literally any candidate on the other side. That includes gaffe machine Joe Biden, who will be carried by his VP pick.

There is no way we will have that many deaths. 4400 dead now leads me to believe we will have at worst 10 to 20 thousand as worst case and I feel it will be less. As for unemployment depends on the bounce back don't forget once we get the all clear people will go overboard with the vacationing etc and I think we will get a good comeback. Remains to be seen but at present I think Biden is unelectable. He is out of it, can't function without his wife by his side, creepy and can't be trusted to finish a term so the US will reject him by the same electoral count as Hillary probably.
Last edited by NIKV69 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Newark727

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:07 pm

It sounds to me that the most parsimonious solution to Biden's problems, such as they are, is to hold him to the same standards to which the Republicans have held Trump, i.e. none whatsoever. But then, the same would be true of any Democratic nominee.

seb146

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:16 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:

Nothing will come of the sexual allegations. It seems that politics has descended into a place where every high profile candidate gets hit with sexual allegations. Unless some concrete proof surfaces it's a non starter.

As for the convention I tend to agree but the Dem party is in a very dark place and very divided. Will be interesting to see how they rebuild after November. One thing is for sure Pelosi has to go.

stl07 wrote:

I said he would probably win the nomination. He wasn't my preferred candidate because before his cognitive issue and his horrible campaign he was a threat to Trump in fact I think he could have beat Trump in 2016 but now he is a side show just running out the clock on his career. Once he loses we won't see him anymore.

winginit wrote:

There is no way we will have that many deaths. 4400 dead now leads me to believe we will have at worst 10 to 20 thousand as worst case and I feel it will be less. Depends on the bounce back don't forget once we get the all clear people will go overboard with the vacationing etc and I think we will get a good bounce back. Remains to be seen but at present I think Biden is unelectable. He is out of it, can't function without his wife by his side, creepy and can't be trusted to finish a term so the US will reject him by the same electoral count as Hillary probably.

But people inside the Democratic party see things very differently. Yes, we need a young Speaker Of The House when Democrats gain more seats. When Biden wins the White House, I think Pelosi would be more than happy to hand her gavel over to the next generation.

The Democratic party in general has a long, long, long, long list of reasons to vote Biden. We need to keep reminding the electorate that the current occupant threatened to pull broadcasting licences (that would be limiting free speech) for those TV stations that aired political ads against him, that the current occupant did nothing about Covid-19 until it was too late because he was golfing, that the current occupant worked with Russia to get elected, that the current AG is trying to suspend parts of the Constitution, that the current administration is playing favorites with critical medical supplies, that the current administration cares more about ratings and investments rather than the American people......

Plenty to go on.

And, talk with any Democratic voter and they will say the same thing: Biden is not my first choice but I will vote for him no matter what! There are even independents and center right voters who are seriously thinking about holding their nose and voting for Biden.

seb146

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Newark727 wrote:
It sounds to me that the most parsimonious solution to Biden's problems, such as they are, is to hold him to the same standards to which the Republicans have held Trump, i.e. none whatsoever. But then, the same would be true of any Democratic nominee.

That never ever works, though. Republicans let their candidates get away with anything but put literally every Democrat under a microscope. Remember the outrage when Obama used Dijon mustard? Or when he drank "designer beer"? Or wore a tan suit? Here in Oregon, Republicans are outraged over Gov. Brown not declaring a state of emergency over flooding. She could not do much of anything because Republican state Senators fled the state so they would not be able to conduct state business.

Republicans hold Democrats to an impossibly high standard. When Democrats hold Republicans to the same impossibly high standard, the right wing response is "why be so petty" or "that is not important" or some BS response.

Maybe Republicans should hold their own accountable and responsible instead of projecting onto the opposition?

rfields5421

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm

winginit wrote:

While I agree with you that the COVID-19 has completely made anything in the candidates past before February completely irrelevant to the 2020 election, I'm not willing to cheer that Trump is on the way out yet. He can, IMHO, turn around the image of a lost ineffectual leader.

It is going to be how he handles 4 or 5,000 deaths a day in the US, maybe even 10-20,000 daily deaths. Also how he handles the economic disruption.

A large percentage of the small businesses that have closed will never reopen. That nice small family restaurant you used to have in your neighborhood is gone. The number of hospitals that will close permanently in rural, red state, America will be huge. His base is going to see they lifestyle deteriorate.

If he can turn into a uniting President, he is re-elected.

If he doesn't, you or I could be elected. Whom ever is on the Democrat ballot will win!

How the Democrats or Republicans thought as recently as last month doesn't matter this year. And Trump doesn't have to be a really good uniting president. Such things as asking a reporter why he personally, and his organization, don't try to say anything positive HELPS Trump sound good to Democratic voters.

A positive hopeful tone, a calm voice, admitting mistakes - will win him a second term.

True, the odds of him doing that are very small. But it is very simple in my opinion.

Trump will lose this election if he keeps being Donald Trump the celebrity.

If he becomes Donald Trump the healing President - he wins.
Not all who wander are lost.

afcjets

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:49 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I mean it may not be true but I figured it would at least be brought up and discussed.

Which is exactly why you will see them continue for any Republican or candidate a certain group of Democrats don't like.

Also, did it occur to you it might not be true for Trump either? Especially considering all 18 spanning five decades came forward the same October Surprise weekend with media whore and DNC ally Gloria Allred in tow.

stl07 wrote:

The tables have turned because sadly what were once just gaffes and part of his personality are now something way more serious. I always thought his gaffes were blown out of proportion until I saw that video of him at a virtual campaign rally where his wife had to rescue him and pull him off camera. The media outside Sean Hannity won't show it to you and I won't post a link either but it's truly sad.

seb146 wrote:
The argument will be made at the convention that Biden was part of an administration that had a plan and got ahead of crises.

Biden went on camera criticizing Trump for the travel ban on China and said he would lead with facts not xenophobia. So if Biden were President now we would have a way worse situation, but at least white liberals wouldn't have been offended!

The only way this pandemic helps Joe is that Democrats will push hard for effortless voting in the name of health. IMO if some have their way we will have robocalls or robotexts where you press or text 1 to vote for Obama's VP and claim your free Beyonce tickets.

winginit

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
There is no way we will have that many deaths. 4400 dead now leads me to believe we will have at worst 10 to 20 thousand as worst case and I feel it will be less.

Oh that's your 'feeling' is it? Your feeling? Are you an infectious disease professional with access to advanced modeling on the topic? No? Then your 'feeling' is completely irrelevant. Literally yesterday both the President and his experts said outright that we should prepare for between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths in the United States. Your 'feeling' that it will only be at worst 10,000 to 20,000 will be very sad to look back on in say... two weeks.

NIKV69 wrote:
As for unemployment depends on the bounce back don't forget once we get the all clear people will go overboard with the vacationing etc and I think we will get a good comeback

Nonsense, and that flies in the face of what every single CEO is saying. I'm unable to get a haircut right now. Does that mean, when the all clear is given, that I'll get more frequent haircuts than I did? Or go out to eat twice as often? Of course not. In fact, since more and more people are going to be tightening their purse strings (you know, on account of devastating unemployment) they might get even less haircuts or dine out less than they did before all of this. Your argument is deeply flawed.

NIKV69 wrote:
Remains to be seen but at present I think Biden is unelectable. He is out of it, can't function without his wife by his side, creepy and can't be trusted to finish a term so the US will reject him by the same electoral count as Hillary probably.

Ah yes, because Donald Trump is certainly not out of it or creepy. Polling is very much imperfect as we know, but at present it's very much not at all implying that Biden is unelectable.

KFTG

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:13 pm

When is Nik going to start a thread on the plethora of credible sexual assault allegations against President* Trump?

DeltaMD90

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:21 pm

afcjets wrote:
Also, did it occur to you it might not be true for Trump either? Especially considering all 18 spanning five decades came forward the same October Surprise weekend with media whore and DNC ally Gloria Allred in tow.

Honestly, I don't pay too much attention to allegations against Trump because so much of him is a deal breaker, I'm not voting for him whether the allegations are true or false.

With Biden, on the other hand, I care more because my vote is his to lose.

I'm not voting for Trump and I will probably vote for the Dem, but no one is automatically getting my vote. Hence my interest in this allegation

anrec80

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
A guy who gets too touchy with women but was one heartbeat from the White House for eight years
A guy who gets too touchy with women and cares more about his golf resorts and his ratings

At least the second guy isn't 80 years of age just yet.

casinterest

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Biden's list of follies compared to Trump's list is woefully a short list. At the end of the day, Trump will be judged on much of what he failed to do.
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:38 pm

anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

At least the second guy isn't 80 years of age just yet.

Yes physically, but mentally he's like 5 or 6 years old...
To some people, that's a disturbing trait in any leader.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

anrec80

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Well, being 80 years of age by the time one assumes the position as demanding as President - isn’t that disturbing? That would have been much less concerning had he been a European leader of some form of parliamentary state, where nowhere as much depends upon him. What if he starts developing age related medical conditions? And he’s in charge not only of economy, but also of nuclear military might.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29 pm

KFTG wrote:
When is Nik going to start a thread on the plethora of credible sexual assault allegations against President* Trump?

What makes an allegation credible? From what I seen it's what pollical party you are.
I am the Googlizer!!!

KFTG

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
What makes an allegation credible? From what I seen it's what pollical party you are.

I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.
I did try and **** her. She was married.
And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a *****. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.
I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

einsteinboricua

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:42 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:

So, Biden has been in the public eye since the 70s. This apparently happened in the 90s. So this just sat unattended, as Biden still ran for reelection as a Senator, then for president, then as Obama's running mate (twice), since the MeToo movement erupted (2017), and now that he's in the lead for delegates is when it's time to release this allegation? Something is fishy here, especially from someone who is obsessed with Russia, adores Putin, and is an ardent Sanders supporter.

NIKV69 wrote:
Now this which if true will anger Clyburn and his cronies that he is considering Gov Whitmer as a running mate. Coincidently MSNBC is interviewing Abrams this morning about the census, as their subtle message to Biden to pick her.
Why would Clyburn be upset?Is it a fact that he made a deal with Clyburn to pick Abrams in exchange for his endorsement? If it's a Biden Whitmer ticket, I'd be happy with it, far more than a Biden Abrams ticket, when Stacey initially shot down speculation about being a VP candidate (according to her, you don't run for second place). That's not even mentioning the amount of people insulted that Biden would even offer Abrams the VP slot because he needs her. Sorry, but if you were too good then, we'll look elsewhere. While GA is slowly trending blue, I'd rather return MI (and the Midwest) to the blue column, which is a more realistic goal than getting GA to vote blue.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

afcjets

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 pm

KFTG wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a *****. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.
I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

What exactly is the allegation here, attempted adultery? (That would seem inconsistent with another post of yours today) He buys a married woman furniture and he gets rejected. Also, the married woman, Nancy Dell, has made no accusations against Trump ever.

Newark727

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 pm

afcjets wrote:
KFTG wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

What exactly is the allegation here, attempted adultery? (That would seem inconsistent with another post of yours today) He buys a married woman furniture and he gets rejected. Also, the married woman, Nancy Dell, has made no accusations against Trump ever.

You're being willfully dense if you don't see the implications here. Do you really think a man making such an audacious boast about the impunity that his wealth and power give him, hasn't tried to abuse it before?

afcjets

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Newark727 wrote:

You're being willfully dense if you don't see the implications here. Do you really think a man making such an audacious boast about the impunity that his wealth and power give him, hasn't tried to abuse it before?

No, and I don't think the former Miss South Carolina and Entertainment Tonight host abused the power and allure of her beauty by getting a horny billionaire to take her out furniture shopping and then rejecting him. That's empowerment! :banghead:

BN747

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm

anrec80 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Well, being 80 years of age by the time one assumes the position as demanding as President - isn’t that disturbing? That would have been much less concerning had he been a European leader of some form of parliamentary state, where nowhere as much depends upon him. What if he starts developing age related medical conditions? And he’s in charge not only of economy, but also of nuclear military might.

It was absolutely disturbing during the 2016 election...he displayed aging-related flaws in speech (making up words unheard by anyone), only an old fool would roll the dice and make obviously false promises and fear no one would/could verify the bogus claims. He said 'I can not disclose my tax returns because they may make some people not vote for me -which became-> I cannot release my tax returns because I am under audit -which became->I promise to release my tax returns if I'm elected-> which is now a ginormous lie.

No young man has the stones to roll that dice - well actually I'm sure many have tried but immediately came under intense scrutiny and all ruled out immediately not making even the first round of primaries.

In trump's case, the truth about him was everywhere if one only looked for it, the media barely touched on his past behavior/endeavors (failures) in order to appear impartial (but make no mistake, and were he black, everyone knows he would have gone thru ever level of security vetting known to man) but without question...enough truthful, factual information was easily accessible..but millions had already fell for bluster, noise, unorthodox conduct, antics the Con, his debut was successful with the easily entertained (little to zero critical thinking) crowd. And it was just enough to make it in via the electoral college killing off the wishes of the majority of America's critical thinking and discerning voters.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:54 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The argument will be made at the convention that Biden was part of an administration that had a plan and got ahead of crises.

Biden went on camera criticizing Trump for the travel ban on China and said he would lead with facts not xenophobia. So if Biden were President now we would have a way worse situation, but at least white liberals wouldn't have been offended!

The only way this pandemic helps Joe is that Democrats will push hard for effortless voting in the name of health. IMO if some have their way we will have robocalls or robotexts where you press or text 1 to vote for Obama's VP and claim your free Beyonce tickets.

I haven't seen you posting in a while. Good to see you. Or maybe I am just now paying attention?

It was dear leader who kept calling it "China virus" and has said zero about Asian Americans being beaten out of fear and ignorance. Just like gay and trans people are still being beaten out of fear and ignorance.

You "Beyonce tickets" comment is kind of offensive, but, because Obama is a Constitutional scholar and Biden served in the Senate AND under Obama, he knows that is bribery and is illegal.

I would like to know who, exactly, would have "robocalls" or "robotexts" about voting? That will never ever happen. It is bad enough that voting machines are easily hacked. It is bad enough that Republican legislatures and Republican governors kick thousands off voting rolls. It is bad enough that Republican governors and Republican legislatures make arbitrary rules to discourage voting. I can't even imagine the chaos and apathy that would come with text voting or call in voting. It works with meaningless things like American Idol. It will never ever happen with real elections.

seb146

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 pm

afcjets wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

No, and I don't think the former Miss South Carolina and Entertainment Tonight host abused the power and allure of her beauty by getting a horny billionaire to take her out furniture shopping and then rejecting him. That's empowerment! :banghead:

Why is this even an issue anymore? Remember "I move in on them and grab 'em by the pu**y" because "you can do that when you are a star" and Stormy Daniels and affair after affair after affair after affair.

If Republicans are going to hold every Democrat to that impossibly high standard, why can't Republicans hold every Republican to the same impossibly high standard?

https://time.com/5047771/donald-trump-c ... illy-bush/

afcjets

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
I haven't seen you posting in a while. Good to see you. Or maybe I am just now paying attention?

It was dear leader who kept calling it "China virus" and has said zero about Asian Americans being beaten out of fear and ignorance. Just like gay and trans people are still being beaten out of fear and ignorance.

You "Beyonce tickets" comment is kind of offensive, but, because Obama is a Constitutional scholar and Biden served in the Senate AND under Obama, he knows that is bribery and is illegal.

I would like to know who, exactly, would have "robocalls" or "robotexts" about voting? That will never ever happen. It is bad enough that voting machines are easily hacked. It is bad enough that Republican legislatures and Republican governors kick thousands off voting rolls. It is bad enough that Republican governors and Republican legislatures make arbitrary rules to discourage voting. I can't even imagine the chaos and apathy that would come with text voting or call in voting. It works with meaningless things like American Idol. It will never ever happen with real elections.

I have posted a few times over the past few weeks but it's nice to be missed anyway lol. Actually Trump did speak out against discrimination towards Asian Americans at his press conference. As far as robocalls and free Beyonce tickets for voting for Biden I am obviously exaggerating but you took the bait by being offended. Democrats talk about how important black voter turnout is to their success in winning elections and tried to lure them with a JayZ and Beyonce concert for Hillary but it didn't work without Obama on the ticket. If only they had to cast their vote before going to the concert it might work ;) . Obviously there's no way to do that but trust me they will use this pandemic in ways to make voting as effortless as possible, and there are obviously valid reasons for doing that if covid19 resurges in the Fall as expected, so I am curious as to how far they will go. And before you say am I for voter supression, yes I am, in that if you don't do your research and/or if you need to be motivated by a JayZ, Beyonce, Kidd Rock, Brett Michaels, Bruce Springsteen, or John Rich concert, you don't deserve to have voting made effortless (but I'm not saying you should have to risk your life or health either)

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... rus-2020-3

hashtagconfused

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 am

i thought this thread was about biden. sure seems to be a lot of whataboutism going on

BN747

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 am

hashtagconfused wrote:
i thought this thread was about biden. sure seems to be a lot of whataboutism going on

Well what else is there to say, 'his cheese is slipping off his cracker' and everyone knows that (same applies to the Liar-in-Chief btw).

Only thing to ponder is ...when (what day?) will the DNC swap out Uncle Joe for Mario's kid, Andrew. I'm sure the online bookies are in the middle of taking bets.

As Cuomo gains popularity...he can beat trump with a corpse as his VP as of now, as in right now. And for certain by Nov.

BN747

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 am

BN747 wrote:
hashtagconfused wrote:
Only thing to ponder is ...when (what day?) will the DNC swap out Uncle Joe for Mario's kid, Andrew. I'm sure the online bookies are in the middle of taking bets.

As Cuomo gains popularity...he can beat trump with a corpse as his VP as of now, as in right now. And for certain by Nov.

BN747

No he can't, he can't carry Ohio and will have a problem in FL. Without those two you ain't winning the white house. You will see him in 2024 as he does battle with Newsom.
I am the Googlizer!!!

winginit

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
hashtagconfused wrote:

BN747

No he can't, he can't carry Ohio and will have a problem in FL. Without those two you ain't winning the white house. You will see him in 2024 as he does battle with Newsom.

A wooden plank will beat Trump in both Ohio and Florida if unemployment is in the double digits come November.

rfields5421

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:50 am

afcjets wrote:
And before you say am I for voter supression, yes I am, in that if you don't do your research and/or if you need to be motivated by a JayZ, Beyonce, Kidd Rock, Brett Michaels, Bruce Springsteen, or John Rich concert, you don't deserve to have voting made effortless

I would also add a NRA convention, a mega-church sermon, and a lot of other events.

My opinion, and I could be wrong, is that the vast majority of people in the US are one issue voters and don't really want to put effort into voting. And they surely don't want to spend anytime researching issues, even their one issue. They have a belief, this is usually 80% fiction, and that enough for them.

We have one US state that has successfully run several elections with no polling places and few complaints of fraud, from either the left or right. Most people who really look at the system realize it is as fair to voters, as secure and almost any other state in the country. And easily scalable to fit almost every other state.

They don't have a significantly higher percentage of eligible voters casting ballots than other states. Near the same levels of apathy. Some of the state is solid Republican, some is solid Democrat.

The only real difference is they get to take some time to make up their mind, and they have to mail the ballot back in time to be at the responsible counting location on election day.
Not all who wander are lost.

Newark727

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 am

afcjets wrote:
And before you say am I for voter supression, yes I am, in that if you don't do your research and/or if you need to be motivated by a JayZ, Beyonce, Kidd Rock, Brett Michaels, Bruce Springsteen, or John Rich concert, you don't deserve to have voting made effortless (but I'm not saying you should have to risk your life or health either)

So who decides what is the acceptable level of motivation and/or research? It's not far off the sort of legal fig leaves that were used for Jim Crow. Besides, politicians shouldn't have the luxury of choosing their voters, and that includes dictating how many hoops they have to jump through to get to the polls to begin with.

I've voted by mail for the last 3-4 elections now and it actually makes me a better informed voter than I was before, because I have more time to look up the names further down the ballot.

flyingclrs727

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:48 am

I'm appalled that the Democrats are about to nominate a candidate who has dementia and is likely to no need memory care within the next 5 years. If there were smart, they would make Cuomo their candidate.

seb146

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I have posted a few times over the past few weeks but it's nice to be missed anyway lol. Actually Trump did speak out against discrimination towards Asian Americans at his press conference. As far as robocalls and free Beyonce tickets for voting for Biden I am obviously exaggerating but you took the bait by being offended. Democrats talk about how important black voter turnout is to their success in winning elections and tried to lure them with a JayZ and Beyonce concert for Hillary but it didn't work without Obama on the ticket. If only they had to cast their vote before going to the concert it might work ;) . Obviously there's no way to do that but trust me they will use this pandemic in ways to make voting as effortless as possible, and there are obviously valid reasons for doing that if covid19 resurges in the Fall as expected, so I am curious as to how far they will go. And before you say am I for voter supression, yes I am, in that if you don't do your research and/or if you need to be motivated by a JayZ, Beyonce, Kidd Rock, Brett Michaels, Bruce Springsteen, or John Rich concert, you don't deserve to have voting made effortless (but I'm not saying you should have to risk your life or health either)

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... rus-2020-3

Which makes vote by mail the best we can do right now. It is not perfect but it is so much better than standing in line for hours on end and having your vote changed by some hacked machine.

And, again, offering tickets (or anything) to vote is ILLEGAL. I was more offended because Democrats demand Beyonce tickets. I can't stand her. I am waiting patiently for NSYNC tickets. But, that is neither here nor there. What about offering Bull Bash tickets for every Republican vote? Is that any better or less offensive?

I know I am just splitting hairs at this point, but several MAGA fans here keep saying "but it was a twitter account and not him" whenever we point out how racist, hateful, and misogynist he is. So, I will point out that a simply tweet saying "I don't like this" is not the same thing as him standing in a briefing room talking about the "Chinese virus". This needs to be said. The whole "but... but... but..." when he says something hateful and racist and the whole "but... but.. but..." in support of something not hateful and racist with zero proof.

seb146

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 am

flyingclrs727 wrote:
I'm appalled that the Democrats are about to nominate a candidate who has dementia and is likely to no need memory care within the next 5 years. If there were smart, they would make Cuomo their candidate.

I keep wondering if BIden will wait until he is sworn in and resign immediately. I hope so but I doubt it. Eight years of Michelle Obama or Stacey Abrhams or Elizabeth Warren or AOC would make those sweet MAGA tears even sweeter.

WarRI1

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 am

When we all reach a certain age, we all have a little of it. I do agree you have a point., we need someone a little younger and who has not been around for forty years already in this broken system.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

BN747

Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:09 am

winginit wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

A wooden plank will beat Trump in both Ohio and Florida if unemployment is in the double digits come November.

It will, there is no pulling out of the nose dive he's in currently.

Just like Nero, he's truly is fiddling...caught between a rock and a hard place. He doesn't want to look stupid (anymore by smart guys - aka anyone) but he wants only him speaking as the face of his miserable insincere lying response.

...he has no idea how stinging this backlash will be.
It will be an ego annihilating experience unseen by any human in the modern era.

...and he will have (already has) earned every gram of it.

BN747

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 am

BN747 wrote:

Just like Nero, he's truly is fiddling...caught between a rock and a hard place. He doesn't want to look stupid (anymore by smart guys - aka anyone) but he wants only him speaking as the face of his miserable insincere lying response.

It will be an ego annihilating experience unseen by any human in the modern era.

BN747

I must invoke the great Mark Twain when rumors of him being on death's door surfaced.

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

Trump has vanquished all attempts to destroy him. From Gloria Allred, Chuck Todd, Jake Tapper, Maddow, O'Donnell and the rest of MSM smear machine. Everybody took shots and said he would never win, he did. Then he would resign, he didn't. Would be removed from office, he wasn't. Love him or hate him he is a fighter that does what very few in the political world has ever done. Took on the MSM and kicked their butt.

I still believe we will start venturing out of our houses in 2-4 weeks and hopefully be open for business across the board by Memorial day. I also think the Economy will recover. Will it be booming by November? Hard to say but one thing we know in October he will be wiping the debate floor with Biden as he looks down at his prewritten notes for a response.

The game is on. Should be fun.
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:12 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I must invoke the great Mark Twain when rumors of him being on death's door surfaced.

Trump has vanquished all attempts to destroy him. From Gloria Allred, Chuck Todd, Jake Tapper, Maddow, O'Donnell and the rest of MSM smear machine. Everybody took shots and said he would never win, he did. Then he would resign, he didn't. Would be removed from office, he wasn't. Love him or hate him he is a fighter that does what very few in the political world has ever done. Took on the MSM and kicked their butt.

I still believe we will start venturing out of our houses in 2-4 weeks and hopefully be open for business across the board by Memorial day. I also think the Economy will recover. Will it be booming by November? Hard to say but one thing we know in October he will be wiping the debate floor with Biden as he looks down at his prewritten notes for a response.

Mark Twain (as history shows had a brain) for all the world to see...
..anyone trying match up someone as empty headed as a Iowa cornfield scarecrow, with the stripes of a Mark Twain is
someone sorely lacking in analytical skills from every possible angle.

Like comparing a blue whale to a mallard.

BN747

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:12 am

BN747 wrote:

Mark Twain (as history shows had a brain) for all the world to see...
..anyone trying match up someone as empty headed as a Iowa cornfield scarecrow, with the stripes of a Mark Twain is
someone sorely lacking in analytical skills from every possible angle.

Like comparing a blue whale to a mallard.

BN747

You sir once again win this thread. :white:
I am the Googlizer!!!

winginit

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:00 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I'll state my claim outright, and look forward to hearing your specific estimations as well:

I believe, come Tuesday, November 3, 2020, two things will be true:

1. Between 100,000 and 200,000 Americans will have died from the coronavirus. That in and of itself will of course not be entirely Donald Trump's fault, but it will be a reality that will still captivate the country in a bad way, and opposition messaging, fair or otherwise, will latch onto it

2. Unemployment will be above 10%. As others have stated over the decades: "you can't spin double digit unemployment"

I stand by the assumption that no President, even a historically resilient incumbent, can survive that combination politically.

Let's hear your claims - use specifics please.

seb146

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

A faction of people in WI, PA, and OH decided for the whole nation. Across the country, some people simply did not vote but now say they should have voted and it would have been for Hillary. The "MSM smear machine" has simply been showing what is going on. The "MSM smear machine" shows the nation what state media refuses to show. That the emperor has no clothes. Because the "MSM smear machine" has been hated and called fake and all sorts of names since Reagan threw out the Fairness Doctrine, people simply shut off their critical thinking skills because "MSM is nothing but a smear machine".

I think enough people have had it with this corrupt and lying administration. Enough people have had it with the death and profits before people. Enough people want this dangerous and hateful administration out.

MAGA tears will taste so good!

sonicruiser

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:51 pm

A massive health and economic crisis sounds like exactly what Bernie Sanders needs to convince people about the urgency of social democracy and universal healthcare.
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 pm

seb146 wrote:

A faction of people in WI, PA, and OH decided for the whole nation. Across the country, some people simply did not vote but now say they should have voted and it would have been for Hillary. The "MSM smear machine" has simply been showing what is going on. The "MSM smear machine" shows the nation what state media refuses to show. That the emperor has no clothes. Because the "MSM smear machine" has been hated and called fake and all sorts of names since Reagan threw out the Fairness Doctrine, people simply shut off their critical thinking skills because "MSM is nothing but a smear machine".

I think enough people have had it with this corrupt and lying administration. Enough people have had it with the death and profits before people. Enough people want this dangerous and hateful administration out.

Your assessment of the electoral college is incorrect. Just because WI, PA and OH were close doesn't mean they decided anything. The media called them late but their result is no more important than Texas or NY or any other state. Every state counts. Which is why the electoral college is so great. Unless you lose the election and then you don't like it and you want the popular vote which gives states like RI no voice.
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:39 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Your assessment of the electoral college is incorrect. Just because WI, PA and OH were close doesn't mean they decided anything. The media called them late but their result is no more important than Texas or NY or any other state. Every state counts. Which is why the electoral college is so great. Unless you lose the election and then you don't like it and you want the popular vote which gives states like RI no voice.

Every state counts.

Counts for what?

California is equal to Mississippi then in that limited line of thought.

Which could America afford to lose, California or Mississippi (or like 48 others). Most of America lives here.

Like the old saying 'all children are special' and they are...but everyone knows their talents range from Young Sheldon to that neighbor kid Billy that eats paint.

California is Sheldon and Mississippi is Billy and about 9 other states (sorry Arkansas and the rest)...some states count way more than others and that is where your Electoral College math shits itself.

In a child's world everything is equal,
...in the real world..adults know the score it's why YOU have more respect and deference for a billionaire over a homeless person. But you are free to try and convince yourself they both equal and good luck with that because outside yourself.. no one is buying it.

All states count for something but they damn sure don't count the same where population, economic input and many other standards are concerned.

As far as representation of citizens are concerned...California, NY, Texas, Fla and other states are being political cheated and robbed by states with more cows and sheep than people.

Small states have a voice, just the biggest crowd (states) will always have the Loudest voice and will be the one always heard.

Not cows and sheep.

BN747

seb146

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And, as I said, many of the people who either held their breath and voted for the clown show we have now or didn't vote at all because they both stink see the error in their ways and will vote for the Democrat. From sea to shining sea. Your states that don't matter like NY and CA and your states that only count like OH and WI. We The People, the electorate, will look over the past four years and see that we need an actual leader. Someone who has experience. Someone who thinks about the country as a whole and not just his stock portfolio and golf courses.

BN747

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And, as I said, many of the people who either held their breath and voted for the clown show we have now or didn't vote at all because they both stink see the error in their ways and will vote for the Democrat. From sea to shining sea. Your states that don't matter like NY and CA and your states that only count like OH and WI. We The People, the electorate, will look over the past four years and see that we need an actual leader. Someone who has experience. Someone who thinks about the country as a whole and not just his stock portfolio and golf courses.

Just someone capable of thought and a spoonful of knowledge would be enough.

BN747

apodino

Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I don't know...the democrat who looks like he will be the nominee has doubled down against M4A or Single Payer despite the circumstances showing we need it...period...end of story. The Democratic leadership in this virus has not inspired much confidence in me either. Pelosi rammed a Stimulus package through congress that benefits big corporations and doesn't help the middle class and the poor as much. Pelosi is already talking about a new stimulus package, but that stimulus of course is tax cuts for the wealthiest 1 percent that wouldn't even enter the economy for at least a year, and don't benefit the poor at all. And this special committee she just announced is full of Corporate loyalists like Jim Clyburn. This brand of Neoliberalism is hurting the middle class to the benefit of the wealthy donors and lobbyists who are the real people that Pelosi listens to.

McConnell is no different than Pelosi either, and is much worse. But until both Pelosi and McConnell are out of Washington, nothing will change.

As for the presidential Election, what does Biden stand for other than he is not Trump? He already said M4A and Single Payer is off the table if he is elected. That is unacceptable to me. His interviews have been disastrous, and the things he has suggested Trump do to help this pandemic are already the things Trump is doing. I don't know what else the guy stands for other than he wants to maintain the status quo. I am sorry, the Status Quo is unacceptable to me at a time when Millions of Americans are losing their job through no fault of there own, and with it their health insurance at a time when it is vitally needed. And Biden is consulting with Wall Street over who his running mate should be? This guy is so out of touch its not even funny. And lets not forget there are sexual abuse allegations out there against him. And the Mainstream media is completely ignoring this? Why?

Bernie is everything Biden wasn't. The problem with Bernie is he has power with a movement behind him, but he doesn't use it, instead choosing to play kumbaya with the Democratic Establishment. I would have actually considered voting for Bernie if he was the nominee. And there aren't really a lot of people who are for M4A who are out there who could get elected. Warren was one such person, but progressives are furious with her and she has no political capital with them anymore. Al Franken was run out of town, based on an story that was never corroborated. AOC isn't old enough yet, and everyone else on the left was born outside the US so they cant even run. I just don't see how we get there at all.

You mention other running mates. Harris is a corporatist democrat. Abrams is proving to be a corporatist democrat. Whitmer is also a corporatist democrat. If you think electing Biden is going to stop the profits over people mentality of corporate America...I have oceanfront property in New Mexico to sell you.

Trump is no better than anyone else, and I would love to see him out of office. But given Biden or Trump, I don't feel I have a choice. Corporations win no matter what, and we the people lose. Its why I keep saying, the battle in America is not between Liberal and Conservative, its between Corporatism/Neoliberalism, and Populism. Biden, Trump, Schumer, Pelosi, all fall into the former category. People who fall into the Populist category would be people like AOC, Bernie Sanders, Marco Rubio, Sarah Palin, and Justin Amash. Media Populists would be Saagar Enjeti, Krystal Ball, Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Reilly, and Cenk Uygur. Media Corporatists/Neoliberals would be Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, Laura Ingraham, Chris Cuomo, and Don Lemon.