Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Biden's follies

Fri May 01, 2020 5:18 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Also Joe doesn’t really know the numbers about covid cases in US.
Tenfold

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 31715?s=21

To be fair, your dear leader does not know the numbers, does not care about people dying, and at least Biden is not telling people live on TV to inject themselves with bleach.

BTW, where was all this "believe all women" mantra when dear leader bragged about sexual assault and had multiple sexual assault allegations against him? Where was all this concern for the women then? Even now? Some MAGA fans are calling for Biden to step down because of this one woman. Where are the calls for their MAGA king to step down amid multiple allegations?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

PixelPilot

Fri May 01, 2020 5:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tenfold

To be fair, your dear leader does not know the numbers, does not care about people dying, and at least Biden is not telling people live on TV to inject themselves with bleach.

BTW, where was all this "believe all women" mantra when dear leader bragged about sexual assault and had multiple sexual assault allegations against him? Where was all this concern for the women then? Even now? Some MAGA fans are calling for Biden to step down because of this one woman. Where are the calls for their MAGA king to step down amid multiple allegations?

Do you see Trump anywhere in that video?
I mean did you hear that Elon Musk wrote he will sell most of his possessions?
:roll:

And you want fairness?? Then at this time you no longer are in position to pretend that the democratic party has somehow a moral high ground.
Your guy is no different than Trump in a lot of things and dems will change opinions in a heartbeat to protect him.

Hell he doesn't want his records unsealed because he said they might be used against him in the campaign... Umm I am sorry what does that mean?? What is in there? Wanna bet something like tree hugging with Russia and etc??

Democratic "virtuousness" It's done and gone.

Mika Brzezinski is getting hammered on Twitter that she had the nerve to ask him questions and she's a Trumps puppet now rofl.
Cat is out of the bag.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Fri May 01, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri May 01, 2020 6:00 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
LNCS0930 wrote:
You could see this morning why Biden has polled so well recently. He’s been out of the spotlight because he isn’t campaigning or making any major TV appearances. I expect his poll numbers will come down in the next week now. I don’t care if unemployment is 30% in November, there’s no way this guy will be able to win the election. The DNC has to figure out a way to replace him in July really fast

I am willing to bet Cuomo has already been the plan and he wants it so if Biden either has a medial episode or these allegations have proof watch out!

Newsom or Cuomo have been the two I’ve thought of. Newsom might be too left though and risk some of the rust belt not voting for him

You need Ohio to carry the election and Newsom has almost no chance. Cuomo and his anti gun rhetoric will struggle.
I am the Googlizer!!!

winginit

Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
LNCS0930 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I am willing to bet Cuomo has already been the plan and he wants it so if Biden either has a medial episode or these allegations have proof watch out!

Newsom or Cuomo have been the two I’ve thought of. Newsom might be too left though and risk some of the rust belt not voting for him

You need Ohio to carry the election and Newsom has almost no chance. Cuomo and his anti gun rhetoric will struggle.

Do you need Ohio? Wisconsin. Michigan. Pennsylvania. 278.

OA412

Fri May 01, 2020 7:32 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
2122M wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
There is no way we will have that many deaths. 4400 dead now leads me to believe we will have at worst 10 to 20 thousand as worst case and I feel it will be less. As for unemployment depends on the bounce back don't forget once we get the all clear people will go overboard with the vacationing etc and I think we will get a good comeback. Remains to be seen but at present I think Biden is unelectable. He is out of it, can't function without his wife by his side, creepy and can't be trusted to finish a term so the US will reject him by the same electoral count as Hillary probably.

Whoops. I wonder if the rest of your predictions will be as accurate as this one.....

I think I am more glad the prediction that 250 thousand would be dead was wrong. As I hope all would be here.

You made a prediction that, at worst, we'd see 10K to 20K deaths in this country. As of May 1, the death toll is about to hit 65K, or more than three times your high-end prediction. And people continue to die. IHME still predicts 72,000 deaths by August 4.

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, rather than deflecting. And frankly, if the ghouls who want to sacrifice the elderly and vulnerable at the altar of Wall Street had their way, we would absolutely hit 250K. The only reason we haven't is because expert opinion has won out thus far. Let's hope it remains that way. Because if social distancing and other preventative measures ended today, you'd better believe we'd hit 250,000 dead very quickly.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pm

OA412 wrote:
There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, rather than deflecting. And frankly, if the ghouls who want to sacrifice the elderly and vulnerable at the altar of Wall Street had their way, we would absolutely hit 250K. The only reason we haven't is because expert opinion has won out thus far. Let's hope it remains that way. Because if social distancing and other preventative measures ended today, you'd better believe we'd hit 250,000 dead very quickly.

I will not take the bait and quite frankly this will be the last post of yours I respond to. You have had an issue with me for a long time and it's something you need to address I will not add a match to your gasoline.

Regards.
I am the Googlizer!!!

seb146

Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Tenfold

And you want fairness?? Then at this time you no longer are in position to pretend that the democratic party has somehow a moral high ground.
Your guy is no different than Trump in a lot of things and dems will change opinions in a heartbeat to protect him.

Hell he doesn't want his records unsealed because he said they might be used against him in the campaign... Umm I am sorry what does that mean?? What is in there? Wanna bet something like tree hugging with Russia and etc??

Mika Brzezinski is getting hammered on Twitter that she had the nerve to ask him questions and she's a Trumps puppet now rofl.
Cat is out of the bag.

Al Franken. Bill Clinton. Yes, Democrats do have the moral high ground.

Also, keep in mind that TODAY, Joe Biden THIS MORNING told the press where to look if there is an actual report that was filed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seu_C08yAAM

The archives at University of Delaware has his personal documents. Notes, papers, memos, and letters from his time as a Senator and his time as a vice president. But, not official documents about things like sexual assault allegations, which are housed in the Congressional archives. Yet, no one found anything in 2008 or 2012 or 2016.

alfa164

Sat May 02, 2020 12:41 am

NIKV69 wrote:
OA412 wrote:

I will not take the bait and quite frankly this will be the last post of yours I respond to. You have had an issue with me for a long time and it's something you need to address I will not add a match to your gasoline. Regards.

Nobody will blame you. It is hard for you to defend the indefensible...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

PixelPilot

Sat May 02, 2020 2:11 am

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Cat is out of the bag.

Also, keep in mind that TODAY, Joe Biden THIS MORNING told the press where to look if there is an actual report that was filed.

The archives at University of Delaware has his personal documents. Notes, papers, memos, and letters from his time as a Senator and his time as a vice president. But, not official documents about things like sexual assault allegations, which are housed in the Congressional archives. Yet, no one found anything in 2008 or 2012 or 2016.

Yeah. Better. Sooo much better. Yet here we are cause they all worked hard to make sure this happens.
If you wanna blame Trump for 3 years but let Biden roll after 40 years of his contributions that got us here then be my guest.
I guess it just didn’t hit you yet why Trump was elected.

afcjets

Sat May 02, 2020 1:02 pm

It took the NYT 19 days to report the story after it broke. It wouldn't take them 19 seconds for them to report an allegation against Trump. #enemyofthepeople

alfa164

Sat May 02, 2020 2:23 pm

afcjets wrote:
Trump. #enemyofthepeople

You got that last part right!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

CaptHadley

Sat May 02, 2020 3:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
OA412 wrote:

I will not take the bait and quite frankly this will be the last post of yours I respond to. You have had an issue with me for a long time and it's something you need to address I will not add a match to your gasoline.

Regards.

Just out of curiosity, how is he/she "baiting" you. It's a legitimate question or post. You were wrong on your assessment of the dead, by a wide margin. Instead of saying yup I got it wrong you "move the goal posts" under the guise of "Well it could have been worse" You wouldn't accept you were wrong, on anything, even if it was notarized and blessed. Just continue on with your "Drive-by" posts.

seb146

Sat May 02, 2020 4:09 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Cat is out of the bag.

Yeah. Better. Sooo much better. Yet here we are cause they all worked hard to make sure this happens.
If you wanna blame Trump for 3 years but let Biden roll after 40 years of his contributions that got us here then be my guest.
I guess it just didn’t hit you yet why Trump was elected.

He lost nation wide by about 3,000,000 votes and only won three states by the thinnest of margins. But keep doing victory laps for that. It will serve him and the MAGA cult well in 2020 to keep screaming "BUT HE WON THAT ONE TIME YEARS AGO!" to prove something.

I bring up Franken because Democrats were actually on board with punishing those who allegedly sexually assault women. Unlike Republicans who make excuses and change the subject and blame the victim. That is the moral high ground I am talking about. Clinton was punished for lying under oath because Republican investigators could not find anything else in their game of "gotcha". Clinton had consensual relations with women.

Again, complaints like this have many layers to them, from a bureaucratic view. Last year, the store manager where I work was fired for sexual harassment. He asked two female coworkers for sexual favors. They each received a copy of their complaints, he received copies of their complaints, his manager received copies of their complaints, the home office has copies of their complaints.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat May 02, 2020 10:59 pm

alfa164 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
OA412 wrote:

I will not take the bait and quite frankly this will be the last post of yours I respond to. You have had an issue with me for a long time and it's something you need to address I will not add a match to your gasoline. Regards.

Nobody will blame you. It is hard for you to defend the indefensible...

Yea I know I wouldn't hope people would die so you can tell someone you never met on an internet forum they wrong either. It's really sick.

seb146 wrote:

Clinton had consensual relations with women.

He had some others that weren't consensual as well.
I am the Googlizer!!!

apodino

Sat May 02, 2020 11:46 pm

seb146 wrote:

This was debunked by the National Archives themselves. The National Archives says they do not have the records that Biden says they do.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/01/national-archives-biden-personnel-records-tara-reade/

Personally the MSNBC interview was unconvincing, not just to me, but to many progressives out there who are furious at the DNC. This issue is not going away.

On that note, there is another allegation that has come out. A woman claims that Biden inappropriately commented on her breasts when she was 14. This is not abuse, but it is harassment, and is still not ok.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-allegation-woman-says-biden-commented-on-her-breasts-at-an-event-when-she-was-14

Interestingly enough, Trump has actually defended Biden on this issue. My guess is Trump is defending Biden to cover up his own shenanigans. But I find Trumps defense of Biden curious.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495563-trump-biden-allegations-could-be-false-but-he-should-respond

afcjets

Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
He lost nation wide by about 3,000,000 votes and only won three states by the thinnest of margins. But keep doing victory laps for that. It will serve him and the MAGA cult well in 2020 to keep screaming "BUT HE WON THAT ONE TIME YEARS AGO!" to prove something.

I bring up Franken because Democrats were actually on board with punishing those who allegedly sexually assault women. Unlike Republicans who make excuses and change the subject and blame the victim. That is the moral high ground I am talking about. Clinton was punished for lying under oath because Republican investigators could not find anything else in their game of "gotcha". Clinton had consensual relations with women.

Again, complaints like this have many layers to them, from a bureaucratic view. Last year, the store manager where I work was fired for sexual harassment. He asked two female coworkers for sexual favors. They each received a copy of their complaints, he received copies of their complaints, his manager received copies of their complaints, the home office has copies of their complaints.

If he proves it again in 2020 I can't even imagine what your side will scream. Franken was happy to take one for the team because they somehow thought Trump was going to step down or be forced out of office by them taking the moral high ground. When it didn't work, Franken wanted his job back. It's also no coincidence the media finally exposed DNC mega-donor Harvey Weinstein around the same time and the #metoo movement was organized into existence.

At least Biden is being consistent. He confirmed during his interview with Mika on Friday we should believe women and then investigate and that his case is no different, but he believes the facts aren't there. Based on the new standard Democrats came up with during the Kavanaugh hearings, Biden must now proove he is innocent and he is to be presumed guilty until or unless that happens.

seb146

Sun May 03, 2020 4:35 pm

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:

This was debunked by the National Archives themselves. The National Archives says they do not have the records that Biden says they do.

Four reasons why that might be:

1. The sinister right wing theory that he went and destroyed all copies
2. There never was a report filed by her
3. Statute of limitations
4. With everyone distancing, they simply do not have the manpower to look for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ult-report

(Reade) did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... s-n1198741

And she is not sure what the complaint even says, if there is one.

Keep in mind that Biden wants the report found. He is okay with the report being found if it exists. Why not bring that up?

seb146

Sun May 03, 2020 4:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If he proves it again in 2020 I can't even imagine what your side will scream. Franken was happy to take one for the team because they somehow thought Trump was going to step down or be forced out of office by them taking the moral high ground. When it didn't work, Franken wanted his job back. It's also no coincidence the media finally exposed DNC mega-donor Harvey Weinstein around the same time and the #metoo movement was organized into existence.

At least Biden is being consistent. He confirmed during his interview with Mika on Friday we should believe women and then investigate and that his case is no different, but he believes the facts aren't there. Based on the new standard Democrats came up with during the Kavanaugh hearings, Biden must now proove he is innocent and he is to be presumed guilty until or unless that happens.

Here is the problem:

every damn time the actual facts and proof and video are shown of the incompetence and failure of the current Republican, the same cast of MAGA members whine and scream it is fake and never happened. Even with proof right in front of their eyes. These people say that are voting. That is terrifying. That people are shown facts and we are told not to believe those facts. Much worse than "he made me feel uncomfortable." Biden makes all women near him feel uncomfortable. But he is not telling us to drink bleach. He is not hiring all his family. He is not charging us for his resorts. He is not sucking up to dictators. He is not encouraging racism. He is not encouraging international corporations to bankrupt the small business funds. He is not calling people nasty names.

stratosphere

Sun May 03, 2020 4:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:

4. With everyone distancing, they simply do not have the manpower to look for it.

(Reade) did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee

Keep in mind that Biden wants the report found. He is okay with the report being found if it exists. Why not bring that up?

Yep that is my issue with all these # metoo women they suddenly rise to the surface during an election or appointment. Funny tho it didn't seem to be an issue during the Kavenaugh appointment that Christine Blasey Ford came out from under her rock 30+ years after the fact and that not even her friends could remember her story. Democrats hypocrisy knows no bounds..

Aaron747

Sun May 03, 2020 4:58 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
OA412 wrote:

Regards.

Not a good look. Despite being ‘Mr. 9/11’ some years ago around here you have done other strange things unanswered, like giving the sandbox royals a pass. As my dear grandfather always said: ‘real men always do two things: pay their debts, and admit when they’re wrong.’ Amen.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2020 8:52 pm

CaptHadley wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how is he/she "baiting" you. It's a legitimate question or post. You were wrong on your assessment of the dead, by a wide margin. Instead of saying yup I got it wrong you "move the goal posts" under the guise of "Well it could have been worse" You wouldn't accept you were wrong, on anything, even if it was notarized and blessed. Just continue on with your "Drive-by" posts.

You don't know the whole story so your question is meaningless. Not to mention you are just attacking me because you hate my politics. It has nothing to do with any prediction though the fact you were watching the death toll rise just so you can post this is really sick. You talk about drive by posts? You should look up the definition.

Aaron747 wrote:

Not a good look. Despite being ‘Mr. 9/11’ some years ago around here you have done other strange things unanswered, like giving the sandbox royals a pass. As my dear grandfather always said: ‘real men always do two things: pay their debts, and admit when they’re wrong.’ Amen.

Ok I am not a real man. You got me. :sarcastic:

Again this has nothing to do with a prediction and all to do with an attack. If someone in the forum the in the same political spectrum as yourself said there would be 300,000 dead by May none of you would be doing what you are doing now. Instead you watched the number rise so you can could post above. I feel that is very sick.

Now I will stop participating in your derailment of the thread.

seb146 wrote:

My take on this whole Biden sex thing.

I actually don't think he did what is alleged. In that he reached under her skirt etc in the capital during work hours. Frankly I think he is one of the most creepiest men alive and he is probably guilty of inappropriate touching and things along that line but this will just more out of control than Kavanaugh which doesn't matter the fact he can't even keep a coherent thought for more than 5 seconds disqualifies him more than any sex crime.
I am the Googlizer!!!

ltbewr

Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 pm

If it wasn't for the virus crises, the accusations against Biden would be the top political news item and likely cause him to withdraw from the nomination race. The sad part is the worst, most corrupt, racist, sexist and incompetent President of modern times, Donald Trump, could win re-election.

For months, my fear is another Bush v. Gore 2000 where a very narrow and disputed vote count in one state, dominated by Republicans would 'fix' the vote in favor of Trump and upheld by the SCOTUS winning by the EC vote. It could be Florida again, but also PA, WI or MI as possible state that tips the win to Trump..

Trump can campaign for free with daily press conferences until November while Democrats may not even be able to hold their convention or get buried trying to get attention. A weak VP candidate wouldn't help either, including sadly if that person is non-White so would lose a lot of White voters. I doubt Trump would attend any debate. For sure Trump will have much more money from campaign financing bribes for giving trillions in tax breaks, relief monies to the rich and be able to bury ads that will be absolute lies about him and bashing in the most vile ways against Biden, their VP choice. Expect 'Willie Horton' racist, anti-immigrant, anti-Islamic, anti-tax ads from Trump and Republicans. This campaign season will be unlike any other since WW II, and not in a good way. Indeed I expect a very ugly one that may turn off millions more already scared to go out to vote as the virus continues or have to deal with hassles to do so. The only real hope is that so many deaths from the virus, into the 100's of 1000's traceable to Trump's obscene incompetence that any Democrat will win.

seb146

Sun May 03, 2020 10:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I actually don't think he did what is alleged. In that he reached under her skirt etc in the capital during work hours. Frankly I think he is one of the most creepiest men alive and he is probably guilty of inappropriate touching and things along that line but this will just more out of control than Kavanaugh which doesn't matter the fact he can't even keep a coherent thought for more than 5 seconds disqualifies him more than any sex crime.

I keep hearing this MAGA talking point that he can not speak coherently with zero sense of irony. Go look at the crazy and incoherent things dear leader has said over the past four years. Coupled with sexual assault allegations from multiple women and his creepy sexual innuendo over his daughter but all that is fine?

Let's also keep in mind that no one on Biden's staff ever recieved any complaint other than him being creepy. No penetration or anything. Just "I feel creepy" from women. And, Biden himself is asking for people to come forward with the alleged file. He wants to see it too. That speaks volumes. He denies it, which they all say, but he also wants to see the complaint so he can answer it.

Finally, getting black out drunk at college parties and not remembering sexually assaulting women is very different than sniffing hair and putting your hands on a woman's shoulders. But, in MAGA world, we all know which is worse......

Aaron747

Sun May 03, 2020 11:28 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Again this has nothing to do with a prediction and all to do with an attack. If someone in the forum the in the same political spectrum as yourself said there would be 300,000 dead by May none of you would be doing what you are doing now. Instead you watched the number rise so you can could post above. I feel that is very sick.

All I see is a stream of whataboutism more suitable for a playground than discussion amongst adult men. Just saying it wouldn’t kill you to type ‘I stand corrected’ instead of a bunch of BS. Plenty around here have said they were wrong, more than once.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

2122M

Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I keep hearing this MAGA talking point that he can not speak coherently with zero sense of irony. Go look at the crazy and incoherent things dear leader has said over the past four years. Coupled with sexual assault allegations from multiple women and his creepy sexual innuendo over his daughter but all that is fine?

Let's also keep in mind that no one on Biden's staff ever recieved any complaint other than him being creepy. No penetration or anything. Just "I feel creepy" from women. And, Biden himself is asking for people to come forward with the alleged file. He wants to see it too. That speaks volumes. He denies it, which they all say, but he also wants to see the complaint so he can answer it.

Finally, getting black out drunk at college parties and not remembering sexually assaulting women is very different than sniffing hair and putting your hands on a woman's shoulders. But, in MAGA world, we all know which is worse......

This is what cracks me up about this whole thread. Any fault they claim to find in Biden exists 10 fold and with absolute certainty in Trump. And that’s the choice. Trump or Biden.

CaptHadley

Mon May 04, 2020 5:39 am

NIKV69 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

You don't know the whole story so your question is meaningless. Not to mention you are just attacking me because you hate my politics. It has nothing to do with any prediction though the fact you were watching the death toll rise just so you can post this is really sick. You talk about drive by posts? You should look up the definition.

LOL son, I was here when you had to pay to be a member. Didn't post for a long while, forgot my username/PW, blah blah blah. So anyways stud, I am completely aware of your "feud". And even if I was a brand spanking new member, your "question is meaningless" diatribe is, for a lack of a better word, stupid. No matter if I have been here for 20 years or 2 months doesn't change the fact that the question of "how is that baiting" is relevant. How is he/she baiting you? And to address your "politics" is to again say "stupid" The fact that you will defend this lying, sexual assaulter, Be Best role model speaks volumes about you more than it does about him.. Wasn't it your team who thought up the word "Snowflake" to demean whiny democrats?? Kinda the kettle and all don't ya think?.

winginit

Mon May 04, 2020 4:55 pm

afcjets wrote:
Based on the new standard Democrats came up with during the Kavanaugh hearings, Biden must now proove he is innocent and he is to be presumed guilty until or unless that happens.

Is that the new standard? Because Kavanaugh sure as hell didn't prove he was innocent so not sure how you square that. The standard set by Trump after the Access Hollywood tape remains in place, unfortunately, which is, "leave it to the jury":

Donald Trump: admitted sexual assault - leave it to the jury (in this case, the voters)
Brett Kavanaugh: sexual assault allegations - leave it to the jury (in that case, the Senate)
Joe Biden: sexual assault allegations... take a guess where we'll land.
Donald Trump: rape allegations... same as above

seb146

Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Biden has written letters to the National Archives and to the secretary of the Senate asking the papers filed by Reade be released. The National Archives say they do not have any papers because they would be in the Senate and the secretary of the Senate says that, if there are any papers, she could not legally release them because of government employment laws passed in 1991

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 077373001/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/0 ... ade-233915
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/495 ... -complaint

It still seems to me that if anyone has any copy of these allegations, they would still be out there somewhere. And Biden even wants them released if they exist.

I had never heard of the position of "secretary of the Senate" but it looks like a mostly paper pushing job. The person appointed is non-partisan and agreed upon by both parties, sworn in by the Senate Majority Leader. No real reason to post about secretary of the Senate position other than I found it interesting and wanted to share.

stratosphere

Mon May 04, 2020 6:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I like NIK do not really believe that Biden actually did what he is accused of. I do think he is a creepy hands kind of a dude and for sure gets in peoples personal space but lets for arguments sake say both Biden and Kavenaugh are guilty of what they are accused of. Kavenaugh was a drunken High School kid when accused. Biden was a grown man in a position of power over this victim there is a reason teachers and people in a position of power receive harsher sentences for sexual crimes or at least they are supposed to receive them. So in answer to your question I do not see them as the same at all if true Bidens would be worse. But again IMHO I do not believe either story and both stories are too politically convenient.

AirWorthy99

Mon May 04, 2020 8:19 pm

winginit wrote:
Is that the new standard? Because Kavanaugh sure as hell didn't prove he was innocent so not sure how you square that.

I thought the real standard, not the made up one was, innocent till proven guilty, why should he prove his innocence, its the task of the accuser to prove her accusations. Do you really believe Ford was able to prove Kavanaugh's guilt? It seems she did not. Couldn't remember when and where, and no one was able to corroborate for her.

Man's reputation and honor tarnished with so little. That's the standard democrats and the left set.

This is amazing, this https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... al-assault

"Not every claim is equal". Reminds me of Animal farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

DLFREEBIRD

Mon May 04, 2020 9:50 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
winginit wrote:
Is that the new standard? Because Kavanaugh sure as hell didn't prove he was innocent so not sure how you square that.

I thought the real standard, not the made up one was, innocent till proven guilty, why should he prove his innocence, its the task of the accuser to prove her accusations. Do you really believe Ford was able to prove Kavanaugh's guilt? It seems she did not. Couldn't remember when and where, and no one was able to corroborate for her.

Man's reputation and honor tarnished with so little. That's the standard democrats and the left set.

"Not every claim is equal". Reminds me of Animal farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

If you remove the word Kavanaugh and insert Biden name, you just exonerated Biden. Funny how that works.

winginit

Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
winginit wrote:

If you remove the word Kavanaugh and insert Biden name, you just exonerated Biden. Funny how that works.

I was just going to post the exact same thing.

AirWorthy99

Mon May 04, 2020 11:39 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
winginit wrote:

Never have I ever said Biden is guilty. Just that you guys on the left were the ones telling us Kavanaugh was guilty for far less than what we have heard from Reade.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

seb146

Tue May 05, 2020 3:18 am

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I like NIK do not really believe that Biden actually did what he is accused of. I do think he is a creepy hands kind of a dude and for sure gets in peoples personal space but lets for arguments sake say both Biden and Kavenaugh are guilty of what they are accused of. Kavenaugh was a drunken High School kid when accused. Biden was a grown man in a position of power over this victim there is a reason teachers and people in a position of power receive harsher sentences for sexual crimes or at least they are supposed to receive them. So in answer to your question I do not see them as the same at all if true Bidens would be worse. But again IMHO I do not believe either story and both stories are too politically convenient.

We all know Biden is a touchy guy. And it is creepy sometimes. We all know that. We have all seen it. We are all creeped out by it. But, I do not believe he is power mad or wants to lord his power over women. Kavanaugh, on the other hand, had enough women come forward with similar sexual allegations.

No, both are not the same. In Biden's case, I think Reade was creeped out and wanted him to stop putting his hands on her shoulders and sniffing her hair. Valid point. Kavanaugh probably was at the point of drunkenness where he thought he was smooth and scoring but he was drunk and forceful. Apparently, he gets a pass because he was drunk or young or something?

afcjets

Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm

winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Based on the new standard Democrats came up with during the Kavanaugh hearings, Biden must now proove he is innocent and he is to be presumed guilty until or unless that happens.

Is that the new standard? Because Kavanaugh sure as hell didn't prove he was innocent so not sure how you square that. The standard set by Trump after the Access Hollywood tape remains in place, unfortunately, which is, "leave it to the jury":

Donald Trump: admitted sexual assault - leave it to the jury (in this case, the voters)
Brett Kavanaugh: sexual assault allegations - leave it to the jury (in that case, the Senate)

Yes, that is definitely the standard Democrats set. Only one Democrat Senator voted to confirm Kavanaugh after he was effectively put on trial for sexual assault. Trump never admitted to sexual assault on tape. He stated the obvious. There are women who will have sex with celebrities for that very reason. He then said he doesn't ask for permission before kissing, sorta like approximately 100 percent of kisses shown on ABC's the Bachelor, Bachelorette, every television show, movie, and in real life. He then describes how a beautiful woman used him to furnish her house and then rejected him. He took no for an answer (which FYI is the opposite of rape) and AFAIK he didn't even ask for the furniture back. I agree with you 100 percent leave it to the jury which is the voters in this case. I just don't think the DNC is going to pick him. They will take the moral high ground to resolve the more urgent situation of what appears to be pre-dementia while simultaneously shining the spotlight on similiar allegations against Trump.

stratosphere

Tue May 05, 2020 6:20 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:

We all know Biden is a touchy guy. And it is creepy sometimes. We all know that. We have all seen it. We are all creeped out by it. But, I do not believe he is power mad or wants to lord his power over women. Kavanaugh, on the other hand, had enough women come forward with similar sexual allegations.

No, both are not the same. In Biden's case, I think Reade was creeped out and wanted him to stop putting his hands on her shoulders and sniffing her hair. Valid point. Kavanaugh probably was at the point of drunkenness where he thought he was smooth and scoring but he was drunk and forceful. Apparently, he gets a pass because he was drunk or young or something?

Nope wrong again Seb multiple women coming forward on Kavenaugh? Really ? Outside of Blasey Ford and even her story couldn't be corroborated by her friends the others were a joke especially the ones Avenatti produced talk about a hit job the democrats attacks were so transparent come on man you can't be that narrow focused I know you hate Trump and Republicans but lets be real I am willing to say both of these accusations are suspect and politically motivated just by timing alone. Would be interesting to see what kind of coverage of this Biden would be getting if Covid-19 wasn't eating up all the headlines. My guess would be that the MSM would bury the story.

winginit

Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 pm

afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Yes, that is definitely the standard Democrats set. Only one Democrat Senator voted to confirm Kavanaugh after he was effectively put on trial for sexual assault. Trump never admitted to sexual assault on tape. He stated the obvious. There are women who will have sex with celebrities for that very reason. He then said he doesn't ask for permission before kissing, sorta like approximately 100 percent of kisses shown on ABC's the Bachelor, Bachelorette, every television show, movie, and in real life. He then describes how a beautiful woman used him to furnish her house and then rejected him. He took no for an answer (which FYI is the opposite of rape) and AFAIK he didn't even ask for the furniture back. I agree with you 100 percent leave it to the jury which is the voters in this case. I just don't think the DNC is going to pick him. They will take the moral high ground to resolve the more urgent situation of what appears to be pre-dementia while simultaneously shining the spotlight on similiar allegations against Trump.

It is genuinely staggering, and so, so incredibly gross, to see someone even today try and defend Trump's access hollywood tape. Pathetic.

CaptHadley

Tue May 05, 2020 9:48 pm

winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:

It is genuinely staggering, and so, so incredibly gross, to see someone even today try and defend Trump's access hollywood tape. Pathetic.

Hey, give Bravo some time. He's doing his bestest to have the MAGA's shuffle off to a more desirable area of the interwebs.

afcjets

Wed May 06, 2020 12:51 am

winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:

That's awesome you feel or pretend to feel that way but it's not really me defending Trump it's just correcting a lie you guys have told so much you believe it because you want to so badly. It didn't work though, a few weeks later he defeated a woman who tried to destroy actual victims of rape and sexual harassment. #waronwomen

MaverickM11

Wed May 06, 2020 1:49 am

afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:

That's awesome you feel or pretend to feel that way but it's not really me defending Trump it's just correcting a lie you guys have told so much you believe it because you want to so badly. It didn't work though, a few weeks later he defeated a woman who tried to destroy actual victims of rape and sexual harassment. #waronwomen

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Trump's approval rating is thanks almost entirely white male rage, and the gender gap is the largest in recent history, because most sane women realize he's vile. Republicans and evangelicals, however, see sexual assault, bigotry, and grift as core values.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Wed May 06, 2020 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take responsibility at all

WarRI1

Wed May 06, 2020 1:54 am

afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:

co·in·ci·dence
/kōˈinsədəns/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances

One accuser against trump, maybe two, maybe even three, but after a dozen or so it is not a coincidence.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Aaron747

Wed May 06, 2020 2:44 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Trump's approval rating is thanks almost entirely white male rage, and the gender gap is the largest in recent history, because most sane women realize he's vile. Republicans and evangelicals, however, see sexual assault, bigotry, and grift as core values.

:checkmark: :checkmark: BOOM. The kicker in all this, as my colleague often says, is that these ‘men’ who continually ‘correct’ the record against 45 quite likely have daughters. Makes ya wonder. A man was either raised and behaves as a gentleman or not - and with 45, clearly not.

afcjets

Wed May 06, 2020 6:36 am

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

:checkmark: :checkmark: BOOM. The kicker in all this, as my colleague often says, is that these ‘men’ who continually ‘correct’ the record against 45 quite likely have daughters. Makes ya wonder. A man was either raised and behaves as a gentleman or not - and with 45, clearly not.

It's refreshing to see a new twist on an old and tired (and ineffective) tactic. When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. Trump voters aren't racists, they're rapists! And they're raping their daughters too!

Aaron747

Wed May 06, 2020 6:53 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

It's refreshing to see a new twist on an old and tired (and ineffective) tactic. When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. Trump voters aren't racists, they're rapists! And they're raping their daughters too!

Never said that - find the quote. The attack was in the last sentence. The precedent is that fathers typically wish for their daughters to associate with gentlemen.

afcjets

Wed May 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Never said that - find the quote. The attack was in the last sentence. The precedent is that fathers typically wish for their daughters to associate with gentlemen.

Here ya go:

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Republicans and evangelicals, however, see sexual assault, bigotry, and grift as core values.
:checkmark: :checkmark: BOOM.

IIRC Maverick has also said Trump has been raping his daughter since she was a minor so I assumed your reference to angry white Republican evangelical men (aka Trump supporters to you) and their daughters had to do with that, especially since you're responding to a post about rape allegations.

Aaron747

Wed May 06, 2020 2:29 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Here ya go:

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Republicans and evangelicals, however, see sexual assault, bigotry, and grift as core values.

IIRC Maverick has also said Trump has been raping his daughter since she was a minor so I assumed your reference to angry white Republican evangelical men (aka Trump supporters to you) and their daughters had to do with that, especially since you're responding to a post about rape allegations.

Nope, that’s not it either - but thanks for assuming. Now feel free to respond to the part about men either being gentlemen or not, and what they prefer daughters associate with.

MaverickM11

Wed May 06, 2020 3:04 pm

afcjets wrote:
When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

THIS IS LITERALLY ALL TRUMP DOES 24/7 JESUS CHRIST WHAT BROKE IN YOUR BRAIN

afcjets wrote:
Trump voters aren't racists, they're rapists! And they're raping their daughters too!

Definitely racists, or as y'all say "economic anxiety". Never said they rape their daughters, but they sure think a man that wants to bang his own daughter is perfectly A-O-K! "They let you do it!"

afcjets wrote:
IIRC Maverick has also said Trump has been raping his daughter since she was a minor

Now you're just making stuff up.
I don't take responsibility at all

seb146

Wed May 06, 2020 5:24 pm

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Nope wrong again Seb multiple women coming forward on Kavenaugh? Really ? Outside of Blasey Ford and even her story couldn't be corroborated by her friends the others were a joke especially the ones Avenatti produced talk about a hit job the democrats attacks were so transparent come on man you can't be that narrow focused I know you hate Trump and Republicans but lets be real I am willing to say both of these accusations are suspect and politically motivated just by timing alone. Would be interesting to see what kind of coverage of this Biden would be getting if Covid-19 wasn't eating up all the headlines. My guess would be that the MSM would bury the story.

Reade is the only woman who has accused Biden and no one can corroborate her story, either. Oh, but wait. All of a sudden three people are now coming forward saying "she felt uncomfortable around Biden" and, then, a few days later "she said he assaulted her" so there is that. A constantly changing story from Reade

As far as Kavanaugh

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-k ... ons-2018-9
https://time.com/5417815/kavanaugh-accu ... firmation/

Back to Reade and the topic of the thread

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... nt-assault

From the LA Times article

The AP declined to publish details of the 2019 interviews at the time because reporters were unable to corroborate her allegations, and aspects of her story contradicted other reporting.

The AP reporter did actual leg work and fact checking but could not find anything to back up her claim. Oh, yeah, she didn't actually file anything or maybe she did and someone might have been told at some point either in 2007 or 2008. Her story just continues to unravel.

Again, Biden is a creepy touchy guy. No one but no one is denying that.

seb146

Wed May 06, 2020 5:33 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

AFC, I believe he is referring to the torch bearing, gun wielding, swastika flag waving "very fine people" wearing MAGA hats in Charlottesville, Portland, and the "open now" protests. And the leader of the Republican party openly admitting he sexually assaults women and is proud to grab women by their privates and, yes, he has made lustful comments about his daughter. And let's not forget the blatant nepotism and funneling government money to his own private accounts.

apodino

Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 pm

There was an interesting bit of reporting that came out by fivethirtyeight. It basically makes the claim that the Democratic Party has been hijacked by never Trump Republicans who joined the Democratic party after being basically dismissed by the Repubican Party due to orange face's grip on the party. Here is the article

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-never-trumpers-crashed-the-democratic-party/

The reason this is a big deal is because with this wing of the Republican Party now having some influence in the Democratic Party, coupled with the Progressive Wing's unwillingness to fight and stand up to the NeoLiberal/establishment wing of the party, what you end up with in the Democratic Party is basically the Joe Biden nomination. And now that Joe Biden clearly has baggage (not just because of Tara Reade but because of his corporatist approach to policy which largely benefits those at the top at the expense of the little guy) a new poll has come out stating that nearly half of Bernie's supporters will consider voting for someone other than Biden. Granted that poll may be an outlier, but lately the only thing that Biden, Pelosi, Schumer and the Democratic establishment have to offer progressives is the middle finger. And they have no support among young voters. I have a friend of mine who was a Sexual Assault victim, and is as progressive as they come, and she says there is no way in heck she can vote for Joe Biden given the credible allegations against him.

All of Trump's issues aside, the fact that he has joined Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi in listening to Wall Street and the wealthy during this crisis instead of the people has put him in a more difficult situation. If he had a grasp on this issue from the start and was more sympathetic to the people, Biden wouldn't stand a chance. But now Trump is trying to roll out the same old playbook from that past, Capital Gains Tax Cuts, Payroll Tax Cuts, etc. Payroll tax cuts do nothing to help anyone who is unemployed, and any reduction in the Capital Gains tax is only going to benefit those at the top, who don't need it right now. And Mitch McConnell only wants modest infrastructure, while now hiding behind the deficit? Easy to do when your donor's already got theirs, but this is McConnell literally trying to fumble the football on the goal line. And it could cost the GOP the Senate. Heck McConnell's own reelection is far from a sure thing. Social issues are really they only reason that KY keeps sending him back.