Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
winginit
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 06, 2020 9:39 pm

apodino wrote:
this is a big deal is because with this wing of the Republican Party now having some influence in the Democratic Party, coupled with the Progressive Wing's unwillingness to fight and stand up to the NeoLiberal/establishment wing of the party, what you end up with in the Democratic Party is basically the Joe Biden nomination.


The gaping hole in that argument is that Joe Biden's current platform is notably more liberal than even Barack Obama's. How does one square that while saying that there's this new Republican influence in Democratic politics? I think what we're simply seeing is factions of both democratic-socialists and McCain/Romney conservatives who are finding they don't have a home.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 06, 2020 11:50 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, that’s not it either - but thanks for assuming. Now feel free to respond to the part about men either being gentlemen or not, and what they prefer daughters associate with.


There is no either, it's the same thing I said the first time. I can't read your mind but based on the context it seemed more likely that than what you say you actually meant. When I choose a President, whether or not they are a gentle man is not high on my list, outside of not being a warmonger. If you pick one based on who you want your daughter to date, would you actually vote for a young Mike Pence over a young Bill Clinton? I seriously doubt it.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Thu May 07, 2020 12:13 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.
THIS IS LITERALLY ALL TRUMP DOES 24/7 JESUS CHRIST WHAT BROKE IN YOUR BRAIN


Not the part that can distinguish between myself and others. BTW most of the time he attacks both.


MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
IIRC Maverick has also said Trump has been raping his daughter since she was a minor

Now you're just making stuff up.


My bad, this is why I was confused (and why I said IIRC):


MaverickM11 wrote:
Your rape-asaurus rex leader wants to pound his own daughter
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11595
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Biden's follies

Thu May 07, 2020 12:33 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, that’s not it either - but thanks for assuming. Now feel free to respond to the part about men either being gentlemen or not, and what they prefer daughters associate with.


There is no either, it's the same thing I said the first time. I can't read your mind but based on the context it seemed more likely that than what you say you actually meant. When I choose a President, whether or not they are a gentle man is not high on my list, outside of not being a warmonger. If you pick one based on who you want your daughter to date, would you actually vote for a young Mike Pence over a young Bill Clinton? I seriously doubt it.


I wouldn’t want a daughter with either - one is an animal womanizer and the other is so inflexible he wouldn’t tolerate a woman who didn’t toe every line. Anyway, it’s clear the values are different - I was raised with clear standards of what quality men do, and being a gentlemen is among those qualities. I am not inclined to vote for people who don’t have the basic makeup to conduct themselves professionally and treat others with respect.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
apodino
Posts: 3755
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Biden's follies

Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 am

Another development in the Tara Reade case. The San Luis Obispo Tribune is reporting that court documents from a divorce case in 1996 between Ms. Reade and her ex husband reveal that Reade did talk about the sexual harassment at work. This is from sworn testimony from her ex husband, who did confirm the court document. It is important to note that Biden is not explicitly named, but Reade did say that it was someone at work who was sexually harassing her. GIven that the court documents are from 1996, this is the closest thing to a smoking gun that has been unearthed as of now. Here is the article.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/politics-government/article242527331.html

As I mentioned this is not quite the smoking gun, but given that this was from 1996 and it was about harassment from someone at work, and Reade was working for Biden at the time of the harassment mentioned in this court case, it certainly raises new questions about the entire situation.

I don't have a link to it yet, but Tara Reade also did an on camera interview with Megyn Kelly about the case. I haven't seen the interview yet, but I will have more when I do watch it.
 
apodino
Posts: 3755
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sat May 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Tara Reade was interviewed by Megyn Kelly this week concerning the incident. Here is a link to the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUJisbXHk4

I thought Megyn Kelly did a great job with the interview. This was not a softball interview at all. Megyn Kelly asked the tough questions and brought up all the talking points from the critics on this issue. Ms. Reade did a great job in answering them. I thought she came across as authentic, and she had a good answer for every one of Kelly's questions. She did not look like someone who was fabricating the story at all.

This story is not going away at all. The interview will give her even more credibility. That coupled with the Court document corroborating her claims, and the fact that she has finally managed to retain an attorney who deals with sexual assault victims (Including Christine Blasey Ford), puts Biden and the democrats into a very awkward position.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm

When is he picking a running mate? Come on Joe! the world is watching.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 12:19 am

apodino wrote:
Tara Reade was interviewed by Megyn Kelly this week concerning the incident. Here is a link to the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUJisbXHk4

I thought Megyn Kelly did a great job with the interview. This was not a softball interview at all. Megyn Kelly asked the tough questions and brought up all the talking points from the critics on this issue. Ms. Reade did a great job in answering them. I thought she came across as authentic, and she had a good answer for every one of Kelly's questions. She did not look like someone who was fabricating the story at all.

This story is not going away at all. The interview will give her even more credibility. That coupled with the Court document corroborating her claims, and the fact that she has finally managed to retain an attorney who deals with sexual assault victims (Including Christine Blasey Ford), puts Biden and the democrats into a very awkward position.


So we believe Ford now? Or we still don't because.....?

Democrats are not in an "awkward" position. There is something off about her story. It keeps being added to and changing. Let her speak. And let Republicans and the MAGA cult continue to whine about how they are champions of women's rights. While trying to ban abortion and throw their support behind a known sexual assaulter. Let's see how that works out.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4042
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Ford was loon. Her memory was vague at best and that's giving her a lot of credit. as for womens rights, I believe its more like human rights.

Biden's lies and past deceptions will continue to surface. The sooner the DNC ditches this walking, mumbling, old man, the better off we will all be.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11595
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 5:11 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Ford was loon. Her memory was vague at best and that's giving her a lot of credit. as for womens rights, I believe its more like human rights.

Biden's lies and past deceptions will continue to surface. The sooner the DNC ditches this walking, mumbling, old man, the better off we will all be.


We’d all be better off if they would ditch both frontrunners and instead give us Haley vs Cuomo or something of that nature. These insane and entitled septuagenarians have got to go.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 6:11 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Ford was loon. Her memory was vague at best and that's giving her a lot of credit. as for womens rights, I believe its more like human rights.


Reade can not remember what year or where the alleged assault took place. But, let's believe her but not Ford.

BravoOne wrote:
Biden's lies and past deceptions will continue to surface. The sooner the DNC ditches this walking, mumbling, old man, the better off we will all be.


But you are willing to accept and embrace the lies and deceptions of the current administration? The sooner the RNC ditches this walking, mumbling old man, the better off we will all be.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14888
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 8:58 pm

If Biden is pushed to withdraw or does so on his own 'to protect his family' from seeking the nomination, then what happens for a replacement ? For sure Sanders and his supporters will make the case to be the nominee as was 2nd in the internal delegate votes but the real neo-liberal powers in the party are fearful Sanders with his 'socialist' views would be poison in too many states, is also too old, so loses the EC vote to Trump by a narrow margin. Biden was seen as 'Republican Light', but without the anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-immigrant attitudes, so able to get many voters, especial in the key 3 HRC lost, MI, WI and PA.

Any replacement would also have to face news media and massive Republican microscopic investigations for any little 'gotcha' flaw, pushed in ads as 'soft on illegal immigrants', 'soft on China', anti-religious, anti-White, pro GLTBQ, 'tax and spend liberal' and so on. Who knows how far foreign parties like Russia would go to keep Trump in office and hurt Democratic candidates. They will need someone White, Male, from a mid-western state, in the 50's-60's, socially and fiscally moderate. I don't know who they could put up in short order without tearing the party apart and Trump wins by default. We also don't know what the situation will be at election time, traditional campaigning will not be done, ads likely to be substituted, possible Republican corruption, an 'October surprise', Trump having the podium for unlimited time every day while the Democrat is ignored.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 pm

ltbewr wrote:
If Biden is pushed to withdraw or does so on his own 'to protect his family' from seeking the nomination, then what happens for a replacement ? For sure Sanders and his supporters will make the case to be the nominee as was 2nd in the internal delegate votes but the real neo-liberal powers in the party are fearful Sanders with his 'socialist' views would be poison in too many states, is also too old, so loses the EC vote to Trump by a narrow margin. Biden was seen as 'Republican Light', but without the anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-immigrant attitudes, so able to get many voters, especial in the key 3 HRC lost, MI, WI and PA.

Any replacement would also have to face news media and massive Republican microscopic investigations for any little 'gotcha' flaw, pushed in ads as 'soft on illegal immigrants', 'soft on China', anti-religious, anti-White, pro GLTBQ, 'tax and spend liberal' and so on. Who knows how far foreign parties like Russia would go to keep Trump in office and hurt Democratic candidates. They will need someone White, Male, from a mid-western state, in the 50's-60's, socially and fiscally moderate. I don't know who they could put up in short order without tearing the party apart and Trump wins by default. We also don't know what the situation will be at election time, traditional campaigning will not be done, ads likely to be substituted, possible Republican corruption, an 'October surprise', Trump having the podium for unlimited time every day while the Democrat is ignored.


The DNC rules are simple and final. It's whoever at the convention has enough pledged delegates. Sanders is gone. It will be either Biden or Cuomo.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
apodino
Posts: 3755
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 4:33 am

NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
If Biden is pushed to withdraw or does so on his own 'to protect his family' from seeking the nomination, then what happens for a replacement ? For sure Sanders and his supporters will make the case to be the nominee as was 2nd in the internal delegate votes but the real neo-liberal powers in the party are fearful Sanders with his 'socialist' views would be poison in too many states, is also too old, so loses the EC vote to Trump by a narrow margin. Biden was seen as 'Republican Light', but without the anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-immigrant attitudes, so able to get many voters, especial in the key 3 HRC lost, MI, WI and PA.

Any replacement would also have to face news media and massive Republican microscopic investigations for any little 'gotcha' flaw, pushed in ads as 'soft on illegal immigrants', 'soft on China', anti-religious, anti-White, pro GLTBQ, 'tax and spend liberal' and so on. Who knows how far foreign parties like Russia would go to keep Trump in office and hurt Democratic candidates. They will need someone White, Male, from a mid-western state, in the 50's-60's, socially and fiscally moderate. I don't know who they could put up in short order without tearing the party apart and Trump wins by default. We also don't know what the situation will be at election time, traditional campaigning will not be done, ads likely to be substituted, possible Republican corruption, an 'October surprise', Trump having the podium for unlimited time every day while the Democrat is ignored.


The DNC rules are simple and final. It's whoever at the convention has enough pledged delegates. Sanders is gone. It will be either Biden or Cuomo.

Sanders actually could mathematically get back in and win enough delegates between now and the convention to actually secure the nomination. Of course the chance of this happening is remote, and the only way this were to happen would be for Biden to actually withdraw and Sanders were to get back in the race. Which I firmly believe is the real reason behind all the establishment democrats full throated endorsement of Biden. What I think is more likely to happen is for Biden to accumulate more pledged delegates and then you would see him get out prior to the convention and then the Party can pick someone new. Cuomo would be the obvious name, but Cuomo has pissed off a lot of progressives with his refusal to tax the wealthy in NY as well as his medcaid cuts and the use of nursing homes in the Covid-19 case. Gavin Newsom would be the name that I think would excite progressives and be acceptable to the establishment.

I have been following the progressive podcasts a lot lately and this group has been the most vocal about the Biden allegations and they are the most upset. (FWIW Trump has actually taken Biden's side on this issue for whatever reason.) Fox News of course has been trying to push this story to hit at Biden, which is why Tara Reade did not go on Fox to do the interview with Chris Wallace and instead did the Megyn Kelly interview. (Tara Reade is a staunch progressive and has been a life long democrat, and in the Kelly interview she explained why she did not raise this issue when Obama had Biden on the ticket) But most of the vocal outrage at the Democrats who have been defending Biden has been from the left not the right. And progressives know that they are not going to get Bernie even if Biden goes; they have made that clear. Many progressives are disgusted by the prospect of having an accused sexual assaulter at the top of their ticket in a year when they desperately want to get one out of the oval office. But yet all progressives keep getting from Nancy Pelosi and Co is the middle finger.

When asked about Ms. Reade, the excuses I have heard from Democratic women are unbelievable. Dianne Feinstein raises the question why now, when in the Blasey Ford case the alleged assault was raised more years after the alleged incident than in the Ms. Reade case. Nancy Pelosi says Biden will be Biden. (Which to me tells me she is ok with some of his creepy behavior toward women) It goes on and on. A Biden staffer even tweeted that the reporters who have been reporting this (Ryan Grimm most noteably) should be investigated by the FBI. And one woman says she knows Biden is guilty but is going to vote for him anyways.

Republicans have actually been very silent on this issue despite what Seb would want us to believe. As I mentioned earlier, Trump has taken Biden's side on this issue. And you are seeing very little about this from any prominent republicans. The only thing I have seen from the GOP on this, is that they are running attack ads against endangered democrats trying to point out their hypocrisy on this issue. But aside from that, its been all progressives that are keeping this story alive.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 5:17 pm

apodino wrote:
Republicans have actually been very silent on this issue despite what Seb would want us to believe. As I mentioned earlier, Trump has taken Biden's side on this issue. And you are seeing very little about this from any prominent republicans. The only thing I have seen from the GOP on this, is that they are running attack ads against endangered democrats trying to point out their hypocrisy on this issue. But aside from that, its been all progressives that are keeping this story alive.


Except Republicans have NOT been silent on this issue. They keep bringing it up as "proof" that Biden is unfit for office. Republicans are not silent on this issue because they are applauding and pointing to their state media interview with Reade as proof that Biden is unfit for office. Calls for Biden to drop out are coming from Republicans. Republicans are far from silent on this issue.

I still have not seen any tit-for-tat that many of us have been asking about. These "silent" Republicans want Biden gone because of this one alleged sexual assault but refuse to remove their leader because of his many sexual assault allegations. Multiple. Not just one sketchy one. When you guys drop your sexual assaulter, we can talk about dropping ours. This seems to be an important factor for running the country. If it is as important as you all say it is, go on. Nominate someone with character. Who has zero sexual assault allegations against him.

Go on. We'll wait
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
FLALEFTY
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm

apodino wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
If Biden is pushed to withdraw or does so on his own 'to protect his family' from seeking the nomination, then what happens for a replacement ? For sure Sanders and his supporters will make the case to be the nominee as was 2nd in the internal delegate votes but the real neo-liberal powers in the party are fearful Sanders with his 'socialist' views would be poison in too many states, is also too old, so loses the EC vote to Trump by a narrow margin. Biden was seen as 'Republican Light', but without the anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-immigrant attitudes, so able to get many voters, especial in the key 3 HRC lost, MI, WI and PA.

Any replacement would also have to face news media and massive Republican microscopic investigations for any little 'gotcha' flaw, pushed in ads as 'soft on illegal immigrants', 'soft on China', anti-religious, anti-White, pro GLTBQ, 'tax and spend liberal' and so on. Who knows how far foreign parties like Russia would go to keep Trump in office and hurt Democratic candidates. They will need someone White, Male, from a mid-western state, in the 50's-60's, socially and fiscally moderate. I don't know who they could put up in short order without tearing the party apart and Trump wins by default. We also don't know what the situation will be at election time, traditional campaigning will not be done, ads likely to be substituted, possible Republican corruption, an 'October surprise', Trump having the podium for unlimited time every day while the Democrat is ignored.


The DNC rules are simple and final. It's whoever at the convention has enough pledged delegates. Sanders is gone. It will be either Biden or Cuomo.

Sanders actually could mathematically get back in and win enough delegates between now and the convention to actually secure the nomination. Of course the chance of this happening is remote, and the only way this were to happen would be for Biden to actually withdraw and Sanders were to get back in the race. Which I firmly believe is the real reason behind all the establishment democrats full throated endorsement of Biden. What I think is more likely to happen is for Biden to accumulate more pledged delegates and then you would see him get out prior to the convention and then the Party can pick someone new. Cuomo would be the obvious name, but Cuomo has pissed off a lot of progressives with his refusal to tax the wealthy in NY as well as his medcaid cuts and the use of nursing homes in the Covid-19 case. Gavin Newsom would be the name that I think would excite progressives and be acceptable to the establishment.

I have been following the progressive podcasts a lot lately and this group has been the most vocal about the Biden allegations and they are the most upset. (FWIW Trump has actually taken Biden's side on this issue for whatever reason.) Fox News of course has been trying to push this story to hit at Biden, which is why Tara Reade did not go on Fox to do the interview with Chris Wallace and instead did the Megyn Kelly interview. (Tara Reade is a staunch progressive and has been a life long democrat, and in the Kelly interview she explained why she did not raise this issue when Obama had Biden on the ticket) But most of the vocal outrage at the Democrats who have been defending Biden has been from the left not the right. And progressives know that they are not going to get Bernie even if Biden goes; they have made that clear. Many progressives are disgusted by the prospect of having an accused sexual assaulter at the top of their ticket in a year when they desperately want to get one out of the oval office. But yet all progressives keep getting from Nancy Pelosi and Co is the middle finger.

When asked about Ms. Reade, the excuses I have heard from Democratic women are unbelievable. Dianne Feinstein raises the question why now, when in the Blasey Ford case the alleged assault was raised more years after the alleged incident than in the Ms. Reade case. Nancy Pelosi says Biden will be Biden. (Which to me tells me she is ok with some of his creepy behavior toward women) It goes on and on. A Biden staffer even tweeted that the reporters who have been reporting this (Ryan Grimm most noteably) should be investigated by the FBI. And one woman says she knows Biden is guilty but is going to vote for him anyways.

Republicans have actually been very silent on this issue despite what Seb would want us to believe. As I mentioned earlier, Trump has taken Biden's side on this issue. And you are seeing very little about this from any prominent republicans. The only thing I have seen from the GOP on this, is that they are running attack ads against endangered democrats trying to point out their hypocrisy on this issue. But aside from that, its been all progressives that are keeping this story alive.


I still think that Old Joe Biden is the proverbial "crash car" in the race and might not yet be a lock for the nomination. And Biden has done his job well, helping get Trump impeached and forcing him to waste too much of his best "campaign ammo" way too early in the election cycle to be effective for convincing undecided voters come November. But Old Joe is pretty much "damaged goods" due to having too many "Clintonian-era" ties for my comfort. The bizzare & ancient sexual harrassment claim against Old Joe (which would not stand up in a court of law) just illustrates Biden's Clintonian tendancies. IMHO, the further the Democratic Party distances themselves from the Clintons, the better and that means moving on from Biden.

However, Bernie getting the nomination would unleash a torrent of Wall Street funding for Trump's campaign because Bernie scares the daylights out of those in the financial community ("He'll tax us to death! He'll nationalize everything!"). The Street has been uncommonly kind to Trump because he, Ryan and McConnell handed them billions of dollars in tax breaks in exchange for keeping the "gravity-defying" Bull Market going, even with 30+ million unemployed, post-COVID-19.

I think Kluchobar or Harris would make better candidates to take down Trump.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 5:55 pm

apodino wrote:
Sanders actually could mathematically get back in and win enough delegates between now and the convention to actually secure the nomination.



Not sure about the math, wouldn't he need Biden to give him his delegates at the convention? Again forget about Sanders he is toast. The party knows he blows everything up and quite frankly I think Dems would rather have 4 more years of Trump because at least there will be an economy in 2024 and they can start fresh with Newsom and Cuomo and stop with the communism stuff.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
apodino
Posts: 3755
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
apodino wrote:
Sanders actually could mathematically get back in and win enough delegates between now and the convention to actually secure the nomination.



Not sure about the math, wouldn't he need Biden to give him his delegates at the convention? Again forget about Sanders he is toast. The party knows he blows everything up and quite frankly I think Dems would rather have 4 more years of Trump because at least there will be an economy in 2024 and they can start fresh with Newsom and Cuomo and stop with the communism stuff.


There are still 1389 delegates that have not been awarded yet. Bernie has 984 so he would need 1007 of those delegates. Again, not mathematically impossible.

FLALEFTY wrote:
I still think that Old Joe Biden is the proverbial "crash car" in the race and might not yet be a lock for the nomination. And Biden has done his job well, helping get Trump impeached and forcing him to waste too much of his best "campaign ammo" way too early in the election cycle to be effective for convincing undecided voters come November. But Old Joe is pretty much "damaged goods" due to having too many "Clintonian-era" ties for my comfort. The bizzare & ancient sexual harrassment claim against Old Joe (which would not stand up in a court of law) just illustrates Biden's Clintonian tendancies. IMHO, the further the Democratic Party distances themselves from the Clintons, the better and that means moving on from Biden.

However, Bernie getting the nomination would unleash a torrent of Wall Street funding for Trump's campaign because Bernie scares the daylights out of those in the financial community ("He'll tax us to death! He'll nationalize everything!"). The Street has been uncommonly kind to Trump because he, Ryan and McConnell handed them billions of dollars in tax breaks in exchange for keeping the "gravity-defying" Bull Market going, even with 30+ million unemployed, post-COVID-19.

I think Kluchobar or Harris would make better candidates to take down Trump.

Truthfully Wall Street is kind to who ever looks after their interests. Biden certainly fits in this camp, which is why so many on the left feel they have no choice this election. And its no better on the right either. Harris and Klobuchar are cut from the same mold as well, other than they are women. My issue with Klobuchar on top of her corporatist neoliberal leanings, is that she does not treat her staff well. If this translates into the Oval Office, it will make Trump's White House look like a well oiled machine. I don't think Harris is right either. Harris to me would strike me as a future Attorney General. I don't see her as president. Wall Street would be fine with either though, and the Democratic Establishment will not let someone get the nomination without the blessing of Wall Street. One other issue is that to take down Trump, the democrats are going to need the Liberal Base to turnout, but at the moment, all the democratic party does to Liberals is give them the finger.

seb146 wrote:
Except Republicans have NOT been silent on this issue. They keep bringing it up as "proof" that Biden is unfit for office. Republicans are not silent on this issue because they are applauding and pointing to their state media interview with Reade as proof that Biden is unfit for office. Calls for Biden to drop out are coming from Republicans. Republicans are far from silent on this issue.

I still have not seen any tit-for-tat that many of us have been asking about. These "silent" Republicans want Biden gone because of this one alleged sexual assault but refuse to remove their leader because of his many sexual assault allegations. Multiple. Not just one sketchy one. When you guys drop your sexual assaulter, we can talk about dropping ours. This seems to be an important factor for running the country. If it is as important as you all say it is, go on. Nominate someone with character. Who has zero sexual assault allegations against him.

Go on. We'll wait

You are kidding me right? Rich McHugh who produced this interview and Megyn Kelly are not state media. For you to even suggest that is dishonest. And you keep saying republicans have called for Biden to drop out? Which republicans are they? Can you name them? Can you provide sources? The people calling for Biden to drop out are on the left. Cenk Unger, Lyz Lenz (who was a Warren Supporter), Kyle Kulinski, Ana Kasparian, and Steven Putrow are a few of the names calling for Biden to withdraw. NONE of them are Republicans and almost all of them are figures on the Left.

Seb my conclusion is that you think Progressives and Republicans are the same people. Because everytime progressives do something that I factually point out, you claim republicans do it without providing facts. And if this is what you believe, good luck in ever getting progressive policies enacted.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 7:27 pm

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Except Republicans have NOT been silent on this issue. They keep bringing it up as "proof" that Biden is unfit for office. Republicans are not silent on this issue because they are applauding and pointing to their state media interview with Reade as proof that Biden is unfit for office. Calls for Biden to drop out are coming from Republicans. Republicans are far from silent on this issue.

I still have not seen any tit-for-tat that many of us have been asking about. These "silent" Republicans want Biden gone because of this one alleged sexual assault but refuse to remove their leader because of his many sexual assault allegations. Multiple. Not just one sketchy one. When you guys drop your sexual assaulter, we can talk about dropping ours. This seems to be an important factor for running the country. If it is as important as you all say it is, go on. Nominate someone with character. Who has zero sexual assault allegations against him.

Go on. We'll wait

You are kidding me right? Rich McHugh who produced this interview and Megyn Kelly are not state media. For you to even suggest that is dishonest. And you keep saying republicans have called for Biden to drop out? Which republicans are they? Can you name them? Can you provide sources? The people calling for Biden to drop out are on the left. Cenk Unger, Lyz Lenz (who was a Warren Supporter), Kyle Kulinski, Ana Kasparian, and Steven Putrow are a few of the names calling for Biden to withdraw. NONE of them are Republicans and almost all of them are figures on the Left.

Seb my conclusion is that you think Progressives and Republicans are the same people. Because everytime progressives do something that I factually point out, you claim republicans do it without providing facts. And if this is what you believe, good luck in ever getting progressive policies enacted.


Like sexual assault?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-runnin ... 2c043a7212
https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics ... index.html

Reade is calling for Biden to drop out and we should believe her story because she is to be believed says the champion of all women's rights all of a sudden, the Republican party.

All I am saying is:

If Republicans get to demand who Democrats run for president, Democrats should demand who Republicans run for president. Don't like it? Stop telling us who to nominate. You all get upset over character of Democrats but ignore and defend the (non-existent) character of your own candidates. Maybe before placing demands on others, you all should place demands on your own.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
apodino
Posts: 3755
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Except Republicans have NOT been silent on this issue. They keep bringing it up as "proof" that Biden is unfit for office. Republicans are not silent on this issue because they are applauding and pointing to their state media interview with Reade as proof that Biden is unfit for office. Calls for Biden to drop out are coming from Republicans. Republicans are far from silent on this issue.

I still have not seen any tit-for-tat that many of us have been asking about. These "silent" Republicans want Biden gone because of this one alleged sexual assault but refuse to remove their leader because of his many sexual assault allegations. Multiple. Not just one sketchy one. When you guys drop your sexual assaulter, we can talk about dropping ours. This seems to be an important factor for running the country. If it is as important as you all say it is, go on. Nominate someone with character. Who has zero sexual assault allegations against him.

Go on. We'll wait

You are kidding me right? Rich McHugh who produced this interview and Megyn Kelly are not state media. For you to even suggest that is dishonest. And you keep saying republicans have called for Biden to drop out? Which republicans are they? Can you name them? Can you provide sources? The people calling for Biden to drop out are on the left. Cenk Unger, Lyz Lenz (who was a Warren Supporter), Kyle Kulinski, Ana Kasparian, and Steven Putrow are a few of the names calling for Biden to withdraw. NONE of them are Republicans and almost all of them are figures on the Left.

Seb my conclusion is that you think Progressives and Republicans are the same people. Because everytime progressives do something that I factually point out, you claim republicans do it without providing facts. And if this is what you believe, good luck in ever getting progressive policies enacted.


Like sexual assault?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-runnin ... 2c043a7212
https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics ... index.html

Reade is calling for Biden to drop out and we should believe her story because she is to be believed says the champion of all women's rights all of a sudden, the Republican party.

All I am saying is:

If Republicans get to demand who Democrats run for president, Democrats should demand who Republicans run for president. Don't like it? Stop telling us who to nominate. You all get upset over character of Democrats but ignore and defend the (non-existent) character of your own candidates. Maybe before placing demands on others, you all should place demands on your own.


Seb how many times do I have to say it, I am not a Republican and I don't know of one Republican who is trying to tell the Democrats who to nominate. And you say Reade is calling for Biden to drop out. That is true, but remember she is not a republican. She was a lifelong democrat and is a very progressive and liberal woman.

If you don't want to believe Tara Reade, that is one thing. But don't upset progressives and Democratic voters by calling them republicans.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Tue May 12, 2020 4:55 pm

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:
You are kidding me right? Rich McHugh who produced this interview and Megyn Kelly are not state media. For you to even suggest that is dishonest. And you keep saying republicans have called for Biden to drop out? Which republicans are they? Can you name them? Can you provide sources? The people calling for Biden to drop out are on the left. Cenk Unger, Lyz Lenz (who was a Warren Supporter), Kyle Kulinski, Ana Kasparian, and Steven Putrow are a few of the names calling for Biden to withdraw. NONE of them are Republicans and almost all of them are figures on the Left.

Seb my conclusion is that you think Progressives and Republicans are the same people. Because everytime progressives do something that I factually point out, you claim republicans do it without providing facts. And if this is what you believe, good luck in ever getting progressive policies enacted.


Like sexual assault?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-runnin ... 2c043a7212
https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics ... index.html

Reade is calling for Biden to drop out and we should believe her story because she is to be believed says the champion of all women's rights all of a sudden, the Republican party.

All I am saying is:

If Republicans get to demand who Democrats run for president, Democrats should demand who Republicans run for president. Don't like it? Stop telling us who to nominate. You all get upset over character of Democrats but ignore and defend the (non-existent) character of your own candidates. Maybe before placing demands on others, you all should place demands on your own.


Seb how many times do I have to say it, I am not a Republican and I don't know of one Republican who is trying to tell the Democrats who to nominate. And you say Reade is calling for Biden to drop out. That is true, but remember she is not a republican. She was a lifelong democrat and is a very progressive and liberal woman.

If you don't want to believe Tara Reade, that is one thing. But don't upset progressives and Democratic voters by calling them republicans.


I made a blanket statement to Republicans. They keep putting all these demands on Democrats. Any time any debate comes up, that Democratic candidate is not good enough. They are not Republican enough for Republicans. Why? Because it is the Democratic race. More important, as some Republican posters point out, they want a one party system. Because freedom and liberty and such?

There are a couple of sketchy sites that claim Reade is a Republican. I doubt that. The reason I throw that out there is because there is strong evidence she is a Bernie supporter

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05 ... allegation
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/t ... accusation

I get it that Bernie is popular. He does have some great ideas. If Republicans want Democrats to be them so desperately, let's do it. Let's all line up behind Biden and demand all Americans vote for Biden because that is the patriotic thing to do. Start superficial attacks on the current administration. Call out the racists and the leader for encouraging racism and sexual assault. Let's give them what they want and campaign not on the issues, but, rather, the facade.

Because of the Republican "bumper sticker" campaigns and disguising opinion as news, we will never get back to real political debate and honest (as much as they can be) politicians we had in the past.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 am

For what it's worth, PBS contacted 74 mostly female former staffers of Joe Biden. All seemed to be surprised by the allegation by Tara Reade and spoke very well of the former Senator and Vice President.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/w ... llegations
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13725
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sat May 16, 2020 2:11 am

LittleFokker wrote:
For what it's worth, PBS contacted 74 mostly female former staffers of Joe Biden. All seemed to be surprised by the allegation by Tara Reade and spoke very well of the former Senator and Vice President.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/w ... llegations


That does not surprise me, the Republican Hatchet men and women(we cannot only blame this hate on men on the right anymore) Have you watched the Gals of the right lately, no sister hood there for sure, they slice and dice as good or better than men when it comes to Democratic Women. Sex identity has no bounds anymore when it comes to political hate. My Dear late Mother would be shocked. Shocked I tell you.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10673
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Biden's follies

Fri May 22, 2020 6:26 pm

Reade's lawyer quits after it becomes apparent that Reade has some issues with misrepresenting herself in the past.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tara-re ... rts-2020-5

It by no means says that she is lying about Biden, but how many people are going to listen to someone with so many holes in her story and evidence of fabrications in other parts of her life?



Even the lawyer sees the futility in it all.

Douglas Wigdor, a Republican attorney who's brought several high-profile sexual misconduct lawsuits, has not said why he dropped Reade's case, but told The New York Times on Friday that the decision is "by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade." He said he continues to believe Reade's allegations.

"Much of what has been written about Ms. Reade is not probative of whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted her, but rather is intended to victim-shame and attack her credibility on unrelated and irrelevant matters," Wigdor, who took on Reade's case just two weeks ago, said in a statement. "We have and will continue to represent survivors regardless of their alleged predator's status or politics."


I
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
FLALEFTY
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Wigdor may have been the Trump campaign's-appointee for Reade's attorney, but even he was smart enough to see the "Swiss Cheese"-sized holes in her Biden sexual assault story. In a court of law, her reliance on hearsay "witnesses", lack of physical evidence, her changing/evolving details of the alleged assault and that the alleged assault occured over 27 years ago, giving the plaintiff many opportunities over that time to press charges, this case would be a loser. In short, Old Joe Biden would be acquitted.

I'm not a Joe Biden fan. I think he was the weakest candidate in the Democratic field. Being a Senator who came to prominence during the Clintonian era and a close pal to the "dynamic duo" of Bill and Hillary, he holds too much allegiance to that corrupt camp for my taste. But given the choice between Trump and Biden, I will reluctantly tick Biden's ballot square in November. If Trump wins again, this country will decend into an autocracy.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:
Wigdor may have been the Trump campaign's-appointee for Reade's attorney, but even he was smart enough to see the "Swiss Cheese"-sized holes in her Biden sexual assault story. In a court of law, her reliance on hearsay "witnesses", lack of physical evidence, her changing/evolving details of the alleged assault and that the alleged assault occured over 27 years ago, giving the plaintiff many opportunities over that time to press charges, this case would be a loser. In short, Old Joe Biden would be acquitted.

I'm not a Joe Biden fan. I think he was the weakest candidate in the Democratic field. Being a Senator who came to prominence during the Clintonian era and a close pal to the "dynamic duo" of Bill and Hillary, he holds too much allegiance to that corrupt camp for my taste. But given the choice between Trump and Biden, I will reluctantly tick Biden's ballot square in November. If Trump wins again, this country will decend into an autocracy.


Why is it always a hold your nose and vote for the lessor of two evils? That is how I wound up voting for Trump and I might vote for him again despite all of this...I can't believe the democrats with all their progressive ideas and identity politics winds up with a white 77 year old man with 40 years in politics. That is about a 180 degree shift from where this party is supposed to be as it can get.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Biden's follies

Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Why is it always a hold your nose and vote for the lessor of two evils? That is how I wound up voting for Trump and I might vote for him again despite all of this...I can't believe the democrats with all their progressive ideas and identity politics winds up with a white 77 year old man with 40 years in politics. That is about a 180 degree shift from where this party is supposed to be as it can get.


Well once again it's a question of the fringe base and then realizing you can't win a general with it. Though I think the Dems could have produced a better candidate than they did.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 25, 2020 1:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Why is it always a hold your nose and vote for the lessor of two evils? That is how I wound up voting for Trump and I might vote for him again despite all of this...I can't believe the democrats with all their progressive ideas and identity politics winds up with a white 77 year old man with 40 years in politics. That is about a 180 degree shift from where this party is supposed to be as it can get.


Well once again it's a question of the fringe base and then realizing you can't win a general with it. Though I think the Dems could have produced a better candidate than they did.


Or it could be that the base and the fringe understand that this one election is just a transition election. That Biden is the safe candidate that can take back the White House and even the Senate and retain the House. That this is a one time thing so we have to hold our noses and vote for Biden because of the long game. I, personally, was excited for a Booker/Harris ticket. Or Booker/Warren. I would have even been excited for Buttigieg in some capacity. He was way down the list but this is not the year for dragging our feet and making strong and impassioned pleas for our candidate. Biden can siphon votes from MAGA. No, Biden is not the best of the Democratic party.

Thanks for telling us who we should vote for in our party's primary again, BTW.

This election will be decided by the middle 60%. I see 20% on the right voting for MAGA because they need to and 20% on the left voting against him because they need to. I see the majority going to Biden. Many holding their noses and voting Biden. Because the current administration has proven to be nothing but self serving failures.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
FLALEFTY
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 25, 2020 2:20 am

I still don't think Biden is a lock for the Democratic nomination yet. His latest gaffe, during a podcast interview (something to the effect of "If you don't support me, you're not Black!") has damaged his once-strong support from Black voters. If Blacks stay home in large enough numbers, then Trump wins.

The Democratic Party needs to find a replacement for Old Joe. This could happen by having Biden accept one of the other viable presidential candidates to be his VP, then convincing him to step out of the way to let the convention delegates nominate that candidate. The other, less desirable method would be for Bernie to re-launch his campaign, who would then drag his delegates to the convention for a floor fight. This would put the DNC in the uncomfortable position of having to defend Biden against the Bernie-led Left. It would split the party and open the door for an easy Trump reelection.

Will the Democratic Party find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Buckle up and prepare for a rough ride!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Biden's follies

Mon May 25, 2020 5:36 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:
I still don't think Biden is a lock for the Democratic nomination yet. His latest gaffe, during a podcast interview (something to the effect of "If you don't support me, you're not Black!") has damaged his once-strong support from Black voters. If Blacks stay home in large enough numbers, then Trump wins.

The Democratic Party needs to find a replacement for Old Joe. This could happen by having Biden accept one of the other viable presidential candidates to be his VP, then convincing him to step out of the way to let the convention delegates nominate that candidate. The other, less desirable method would be for Bernie to re-launch his campaign, who would then drag his delegates to the convention for a floor fight. This would put the DNC in the uncomfortable position of having to defend Biden against the Bernie-led Left. It would split the party and open the door for an easy Trump reelection.

Will the Democratic Party find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Buckle up and prepare for a rough ride!


You don't give Black voters enough credit. They see how the current administration is with minorities and how Biden historically has been with minorities. Some Black voters understand what he was saying, others are offended by will vote for him anyway. Biden is not out there calling racists "very fine people" and Biden is not calling minorities nasty names. They get that.

Again, Biden is not the strongest candidate. But he is a helluv a lot better than what we now have in the White House!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11595
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Perhaps it's time to put this thread to rest now that both left and right media will be discussing 45's fitness for office from now until November. I am starting to see MDs and RNs on Twitter revisiting the 2017 topic of neurosyphilis. His shakiness, bizarre gait issues, and clearly diminished mental acuity compared to video from 5 years ago are galling and match known symptoms of tertiary stage illness for this STD. Either that or the WH needs to fess up about whatever drug cocktail he's on. Cholesterol medication doesn't make people shake, walk strangely, and lose emotional balance.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
hashtagconfused
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Perhaps it's time to put this thread to rest now that both left and right media will be discussing 45's fitness for office from now until November.


why does a thread about biden need to be put to rest because of something to do with trump?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11595
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 27, 2020 2:52 pm

hashtagconfused wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Perhaps it's time to put this thread to rest now that both left and right media will be discussing 45's fitness for office from now until November.


why does a thread about biden need to be put to rest because of something to do with trump?


Because a central theme has been Biden's mental condition and fitness, but it is now clear the incumbent will be dealing with that as well - so this topic is basically a wash.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13333
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm

Why is he dragging out his pick for running mate?
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10673
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Biden's follies

Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Why is he dragging out his pick for running mate?



Dragging? Compared to Trump, he can wait another 6 weeks and look like a race horse.
Where ever you go, there you are.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Calledonian, L410Turbolet, mad99, Number6, seahawk and 55 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos