Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 23945
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:23 pm

George Clooney addresses this very topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5QI91aZFv0
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
mxp
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:50 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 pm

one of our politicians here in Italy told the Churches should be opened for Easter. Idiot
Greetings from Milan
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:54 pm

A guy in the neighborhood across from mine had a huge sign saying Happy Birthday and I assume there was some kind of large party as there was trash everywhere. Needless to say, the news helicopter of the local area also saw a large party going on in the STL area.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
KFTG
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 am

Apparently the Pat Robertson piece I linked earlier was "fake news", although were it true, it would have been very "on brand".
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 am

Jalap wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
I haven't seen it, but I think it deserves a gold medal:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/ ... ers-a69870


It doesn't seem to have worked for il papa in Italy. :duck:

I read recently (sorry, can't find the link anymore) that the highest mortality rate of the Spanish Infuenza was in a town where the preacher told the people that kissing the cross in the church was the best way to not get infected...



Religion and the constant flow of anti-science BS it promotes is truly a threat to humanity in my opinion. They’re defying state orders, allowing students to come back to class, selling silver as a cure and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Religious advice probably accounts for the largest death toll in human history. Why people continue to fall for this nonsense when we have several thousand years worth of documented religious idiocy is beyond me.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15114
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:19 pm

UFC continuing to hold matches, next one to be on 'a private island'. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/sport/da ... index.html
 
alfa164
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:36 am

Now Ammon Bundy and his band of merry anarchists are demanding "the Constitutional right of assembly" in Northern Idaho - regardless of the consequences. Idaho already has a proportionately large rate of infection, but there knuckle-draggers want to set up more meetings and group shindigs. One doctor sarcastically said these people "have “relinquished their claim to a ventilator” should they get sick from the virus and need one — although he hastened to add that they would get complete care should they get sick.

With any luck, we will have some new Darwin Award winners soon...

;)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12gfO9?li=BBnb7Kz
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am

alfa164 wrote:
Now Ammon Bundy and his band of merry anarchists are demanding "the Constitutional right of assembly" in Northern Idaho - regardless of the consequences. Idaho already has a proportionately large rate of infection, but there knuckle-draggers want to set up more meetings and group shindigs. One doctor sarcastically said these people "have “relinquished their claim to a ventilator” should they get sick from the virus and need one — although he hastened to add that they would get complete care should they get sick.

With any luck, we will have some new Darwin Award winners soon...

;)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12gfO9?li=BBnb7Kz

My mom thought me not to wish ill on anybody else, regardless of how bad or stupid they are ;)
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Newark727
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:28 am

alfa164 wrote:
Now Ammon Bundy and his band of merry anarchists are demanding "the Constitutional right of assembly" in Northern Idaho - regardless of the consequences. Idaho already has a proportionately large rate of infection, but there knuckle-draggers want to set up more meetings and group shindigs. One doctor sarcastically said these people "have “relinquished their claim to a ventilator” should they get sick from the virus and need one — although he hastened to add that they would get complete care should they get sick.

With any luck, we will have some new Darwin Award winners soon...

;)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12gfO9?li=BBnb7Kz


These fellas clearly haven't learned to quit while they're ahead. Should have thrown 'em in jail when we had the chance, but it seems the jury was just as crazy as they were.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 am

stl07 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Now Ammon Bundy and his band of merry anarchists are demanding "the Constitutional right of assembly" in Northern Idaho - regardless of the consequences. Idaho already has a proportionately large rate of infection, but there knuckle-draggers want to set up more meetings and group shindigs. One doctor sarcastically said these people "have “relinquished their claim to a ventilator” should they get sick from the virus and need one — although he hastened to add that they would get complete care should they get sick.

With any luck, we will have some new Darwin Award winners soon...

;)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12gfO9?li=BBnb7Kz

My mom thought me not to wish ill on anybody else, regardless of how bad or stupid they are ;)


She must have been a very gracious and patient lady. But to paraphrase a famous line, Your mom never met Bundy and his ilk.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:33 am

Voting in Wisconsin during a pandemic.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:01 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Voting in Wisconsin during a pandemic.


Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Voting in Wisconsin during a pandemic.


Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.


That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Voting in Wisconsin during a pandemic.


Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.


That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


You mistake the number of mayors and governors (Democrat and Republican) having wet dreams at the thought of depressing democracy. This pandemic is their wish come true.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:43 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.

That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:

You mistake the number of mayors and governors (Democrat and Republican) having wet dreams at the thought of depressing democracy. This pandemic is their wish come true.


So... when all the other cities, counties, amd states - including our great state of Texas - delayed their votes out of caution and concern for their citizens, they were "depressing democracy"?

You need to get some fresh tin-foil for a new hat today...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.


That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


You mistake the number of mayors and governors (Democrat and Republican) having wet dreams at the thought of depressing democracy. This pandemic is their wish come true.


Why are your views always so extreme? I'm pretty sure the only place this is happening is in your head.

Voting in the middle of a pandemic is stupid. Temporarily delaying elections isn't "depressing democracy", it's just common sense. The London mayoral elections have been delayed for a year because of Covid-19 - there's no outrage, there's no mass suicides, no riots. Nobody thinks democracy is being "depressed", we're just getting on with it.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:21 pm

scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:

That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


You mistake the number of mayors and governors (Democrat and Republican) having wet dreams at the thought of depressing democracy. This pandemic is their wish come true.


Why are your views always so extreme? I'm pretty sure the only place this is happening is in your head.

Voting in the middle of a pandemic is stupid. Temporarily delaying elections isn't "depressing democracy", it's just common sense. The London mayoral elections have been delayed for a year because of Covid-19 - there's no outrage, there's no mass suicides, no riots. Nobody thinks democracy is being "depressed", we're just getting on with it.


You don't think thrayor is overjoyed at having snagged an extra year in office? Can you imagine what would happen if Trump suggested delaying his election by an entire year?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

You mistake the number of mayors and governors (Democrat and Republican) having wet dreams at the thought of depressing democracy. This pandemic is their wish come true.


Why are your views always so extreme? I'm pretty sure the only place this is happening is in your head.

Voting in the middle of a pandemic is stupid. Temporarily delaying elections isn't "depressing democracy", it's just common sense. The London mayoral elections have been delayed for a year because of Covid-19 - there's no outrage, there's no mass suicides, no riots. Nobody thinks democracy is being "depressed", we're just getting on with it.


You don't think thrayor is overjoyed at having snagged an extra year in office? Can you imagine what would happen if Trump suggested delaying his election by an entire year?


Khan has a huge lead in the polls, so he’s probably actually disappointed that the election won’t happen in early May as originally scheduled. There’s no guarantee he’ll have a similar lead in a year’s time.

There seem to be constitutional measures that would prevent the delaying of a presidential election in America.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
ChrisKen
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm

scbriml wrote:
[
There seem to be constitutional measures that would prevent the delaying of a presidential election in America.

The date of a U.S. presidential election could theoretically be postponed with the approval of Congress and the president.
The problem comes with the 20th amendment which means it would have to be held before the incumbent has served their four year term (Noon Jan 20th) otherwise they could be left without a president/vice president until it is held.

I'll leave it to you to ponder whether that would be a good/bad thing in this instance.
 
dampfnudel
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:46 pm

Drivers who are taking advantage of empty highways, roads and avenues to speed. Here in NYC, some idiots are speeding through the city, probably ‘gramming their exploits to their followers.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:56 pm

In the tunnel that takes you to the airport in LasVegas, I did see a motorcycle rider, hands-on handles but his legs were in the air like superman flying. I got away from him as soon as possible. To be young and dumb. I imagine he's laid of circus performer in one of the shows, who missed the thrill of performing, at least he had a helmet on. my heart almost stopped when I saw him. Out of the tunnel, he slowed down and put his butt back on the seat.
 
User avatar
DL717
Topic Author
Posts: 2148
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 am

[twoid][/twoid]
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Voting in Wisconsin during a pandemic.


Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.


That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


Let me guess. You want to postpone the Presidential election too if this keeps up? Riiiigght.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 am

ChrisKen wrote:
scbriml wrote:
[
There seem to be constitutional measures that would prevent the delaying of a presidential election in America.

The date of a U.S. presidential election could theoretically be postponed with the approval of Congress and the president.
The problem comes with the 20th amendment which means it would have to be held before the incumbent has served their four year term (Noon Jan 20th) otherwise they could be left without a president/vice president until it is held.


Thanks for the clarification.

ChrisKen wrote:
I'll leave it to you to ponder whether that would be a good/bad thing in this instance.


Well played! :lol:

DL717 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
scbriml wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Untold thousands of Americans died defending your right to vote. I have faith we can manage.


That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


Let me guess. You want to postpone the Presidential election too if this keeps up? Riiiigght.


I'm not advocating anything - trust me, I don't want to see Trump in office a day longer than necessary. I'm just pointing out that holding elections at the height of a pandemic would meet the criteria of this thread. Note the emphasis - the situation come autumn may be very different. If it isn't, then that's a separate discussion.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Kno
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 am

In Boston I’ve noticed folks wear their masks around their necks and stand in groups talking at each other with their faces in close proximity and then pull the mask back over their face when they walk away completely alone with nobody anywhere near them....
:banghead:

dampfnudel wrote:
Drivers who are taking advantage of empty highways, roads and avenues to speed. Here in NYC, some idiots are speeding through the city, probably ‘gramming their exploits to their followers.


DLFREEBIRD wrote:
In the tunnel that takes you to the airport in LasVegas, I did see a motorcycle rider, hands-on handles but his legs were in the air like superman flying. I got away from him as soon as possible. To be young and dumb. I imagine he's laid of circus performer in one of the shows, who missed the thrill of performing, at least he had a helmet on. my heart almost stopped when I saw him. Out of the tunnel, he slowed down and put his butt back on the seat.


People who use cars and bikes for sport still do so when there isn’t a pandemic going on. I doubt anyone you’ve noticed doing it just picked it up as a new hobby.

:checkeredflag:
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 am

scbriml wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
scbriml wrote:
[
There seem to be constitutional measures that would prevent the delaying of a presidential election in America.

The date of a U.S. presidential election could theoretically be postponed with the approval of Congress and the president.
The problem comes with the 20th amendment which means it would have to be held before the incumbent has served their four year term (Noon Jan 20th) otherwise they could be left without a president/vice president until it is held.


Thanks for the clarification.

ChrisKen wrote:
I'll leave it to you to ponder whether that would be a good/bad thing in this instance.


Well played! :lol:

DL717 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
scbriml wrote:

That doesn't make voting in the middle of a pandemic (with thousands of Americans dying daily) any less stupid. :shakehead:


Let me guess. You want to postpone the Presidential election too if this keeps up? Riiiigght.


I'm not advocating anything - trust me, I don't want to see Trump in office a day longer than necessary. I'm just pointing out that holding elections at the height of a pandemic would meet the criteria of this thread. Note the emphasis - the situation come autumn may be very different. If it isn't, then that's a separate discussion.


Why do you care? You don't see me commenting on your leaders. And why should I? I have no horse in that race.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
The date of a U.S. presidential election could theoretically be postponed with the approval of Congress and the president.
The problem comes with the 20th amendment which means it would have to be held before the incumbent has served their four year term (Noon Jan 20th) otherwise they could be left without a president/vice president until it is held.


Thanks for the clarification.

ChrisKen wrote:
I'll leave it to you to ponder whether that would be a good/bad thing in this instance.


Well played! :lol:

DL717 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]

Let me guess. You want to postpone the Presidential election too if this keeps up? Riiiigght.


I'm not advocating anything - trust me, I don't want to see Trump in office a day longer than necessary. I'm just pointing out that holding elections at the height of a pandemic would meet the criteria of this thread. Note the emphasis - the situation come autumn may be very different. If it isn't, then that's a separate discussion.


Why do you care? You don't see me commenting on your leaders. And why should I? I have no horse in that race.


Why shouldn't I care? Like it or not, having an idiot in the WH affects many of us outside the USA. You're welcome to ignore what happens outside the US if you want, it's a somewhat myopic approach, but it would echo the current president.

This is a discussion forum, after all. :)
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:35 am

https://patch.com/new-york/bed-stuy/soc ... ked-rikers

this 86 year old woman, with dementia, was in the hospital and grabbed on to a patient IUV Pole to steady herself and because she violated the social distancing that patient push her to the ground where she hit her head and died two hours later. The 32-year-old hospital patient has been charged with manslaughter.

and behind bars inside one of the biggest coronavirus hotspots on the planet — Rikers Island

definitely Karma at play here
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:41 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
https://patch.com/new-york/bed-stuy/social-distancing-death-suspect-held-coronavirus-packed-rikers

this 86 year old woman, with dementia, was in the hospital and grabbed on to a patient IUV Pole to steady herself and because she violated the social distancing that patient push her to the ground where she hit her head and died two hours later. The woman was 32 years old patient been charged with manslaughter.

and behind bars inside one of the biggest coronavirus hotspots on the planet — Rikers Island


That's terrible. I hope she receives the maximum punishment. Look what the government has done. They are making believe that they will drop dead if someone gets close to them. This will have a long lasting effect on society. People who are this afraid deserve to lose everything. I have no sympathy for those who believe this nonsense.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:12 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
https://patch.com/new-york/bed-stuy/social-distancing-death-suspect-held-coronavirus-packed-rikers
this 86 year old woman, with dementia, was in the hospital and grabbed on to a patient IUV Pole to steady herself and because she violated the social distancing that patient push her to the ground where she hit her head and died two hours later. The woman was 32 years old patient been charged with manslaughter.
and behind bars inside one of the biggest coronavirus hotspots on the planet — Rikers Island

That's terrible. I hope she receives the maximum punishment. Look what the government has done. They are making believe that they will drop dead if someone gets close to them. This will have a long lasting effect on society. People who are this afraid deserve to lose everything. I have no sympathy for those who believe this nonsense.


I can assure you, many of us will have no sympathy for those who don't believe this "nonsense".

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:14 am

alfa164 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
https://patch.com/new-york/bed-stuy/social-distancing-death-suspect-held-coronavirus-packed-rikers
this 86 year old woman, with dementia, was in the hospital and grabbed on to a patient IUV Pole to steady herself and because she violated the social distancing that patient push her to the ground where she hit her head and died two hours later. The woman was 32 years old patient been charged with manslaughter.
and behind bars inside one of the biggest coronavirus hotspots on the planet — Rikers Island

That's terrible. I hope she receives the maximum punishment. Look what the government has done. They are making believe that they will drop dead if someone gets close to them. This will have a long lasting effect on society. People who are this afraid deserve to lose everything. I have no sympathy for those who believe this nonsense.


I can assure you, many of us will have no sympathy for those who don't believe this "nonsense".

:roll:


Are you agreeing with what the woman did?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13034
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:37 am

I'm sure that's why all those people are buying guns and ammos, to let people get close to them !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
alfa164
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:29 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
That's terrible. I hope she receives the maximum punishment. Look what the government has done. They are making believe that they will drop dead if someone gets close to them. This will have a long lasting effect on society. People who are this afraid deserve to lose everything. I have no sympathy for those who believe this nonsense.


I can assure you, many of us will have no sympathy for those who don't believe this "nonsense".

:roll:


Are you agreeing with what the woman did?


Clearly, I am not. I am referring to the selfish, ignorant fools who deny the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat; those who say things like:


"People won't stand for the mayors and governors continually extending it. At that point factions start forming and you will see the swift collapse of society."

"The rest of the world is saying these people aren't worth saving because of the current pandemic. No hospital space for anyone else. They don't want to see their society collapse over one event."

"Six months of no one working will mean we are in a depression we will never recovers from. Just like a Democrat to keep kicking the can. First it was two weeks of isolation and now it's six months. There is nothing more precious than our civil rights. Thousands died protecting them and now they are ripped away.."

"I'm not the only one who agrees these restrictions can't go on for long. Depression, cabin fever, looting, domestic violence, civil unrest, etc are all brewing. Most are just not going to accept being on house arrest indefinitely."

"When these mayors and governors tell people they can't worship their God together and can't even gather as families, that's going to be the final straw for many. Some cops will undoubtedly try and enter private homes I'd they think there are more than ten people inside. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly."

"There's much more to be worried about than dying of coronavirus."



Right now, there is not so much more to be worried about.... but Darwin should take care of those who think so.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 pm

alfa164 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

I can assure you, many of us will have no sympathy for those who don't believe this "nonsense".

:roll:


Are you agreeing with what the woman did?


Clearly, I am not. I am referring to the selfish, ignorant fools who deny the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat; those who say things like:


"People won't stand for the mayors and governors continually extending it. At that point factions start forming and you will see the swift collapse of society."

"The rest of the world is saying these people aren't worth saving because of the current pandemic. No hospital space for anyone else. They don't want to see their society collapse over one event."

"Six months of no one working will mean we are in a depression we will never recovers from. Just like a Democrat to keep kicking the can. First it was two weeks of isolation and now it's six months. There is nothing more precious than our civil rights. Thousands died protecting them and now they are ripped away.."

"I'm not the only one who agrees these restrictions can't go on for long. Depression, cabin fever, looting, domestic violence, civil unrest, etc are all brewing. Most are just not going to accept being on house arrest indefinitely."

"When these mayors and governors tell people they can't worship their God together and can't even gather as families, that's going to be the final straw for many. Some cops will undoubtedly try and enter private homes I'd they think there are more than ten people inside. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly."

"There's much more to be worried about than dying of coronavirus."



Right now, there is not so much more to be worried about.... but Darwin should take care of those who think so.


The government told us there would be over 100,00 deaths by the end of this week. We are currently sitting at ~16,000. So yeah, I don't blindly believe whatever the government tells me. I'm quite proud of that.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10411
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:18 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
The government [...] the government

Why are there some many non-thinking people out there? This is science and predictions and modeling for being able to meet potential demands. It isn't "the government" it is people just like you and me advising what they see might happen. And the government listens. Because you want to listen to others who know better than you.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15114
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 pm

People riding skateboards, I don't want them to end up getting hurt and have to go to already overwhelmed hospitals or get/give Covid-19 there.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I’m not convinced it’s stupid or crazy, but several guys took advantage of the lack of road traffic.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cultur ... ronavirus/
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Tugger wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
The government [...] the government

Why are there some many non-thinking people out there? This is science and predictions and modeling for being able to meet potential demands. It isn't "the government" it is people just like you and me advising what they see might happen. And the government listens. Because you want to listen to others who know better than you.

Tugg


The models are proving to be grossly wrong but we went ahead and acted like they were truth. We seem to be peaking and, if true and we lose another 16,000 lives, it will have easily cost $12.5 million per life. Plus the knock on effects of a recession, substance abuse, suicides, broken marriages, young people being financially and career damaged for the rest of their lives. Gross overkill as Sweden might or might not prove to us all.
 
Newark727
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The models are proving to be grossly wrong but we went ahead and acted like they were truth. We seem to be peaking and, if true and we lose another 16,000 lives, it will have easily cost $12.5 million per life. Plus the knock on effects of a recession, substance abuse, suicides, broken marriages, young people being financially and career damaged for the rest of their lives. Gross overkill as Sweden might or might not prove to us all.


Do you really want to be the guy who says "yeah, Grandma bit the dust, but we got the tally down to $9 million per life?"
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:22 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Are you agreeing with what the woman did?


Clearly, I am not. I am referring to the selfish, ignorant fools who deny the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat; those who say things like:


"People won't stand for the mayors and governors continually extending it. At that point factions start forming and you will see the swift collapse of society."

"The rest of the world is saying these people aren't worth saving because of the current pandemic. No hospital space for anyone else. They don't want to see their society collapse over one event."

"Six months of no one working will mean we are in a depression we will never recovers from. Just like a Democrat to keep kicking the can. First it was two weeks of isolation and now it's six months. There is nothing more precious than our civil rights. Thousands died protecting them and now they are ripped away.."

"I'm not the only one who agrees these restrictions can't go on for long. Depression, cabin fever, looting, domestic violence, civil unrest, etc are all brewing. Most are just not going to accept being on house arrest indefinitely."

"When these mayors and governors tell people they can't worship their God together and can't even gather as families, that's going to be the final straw for many. Some cops will undoubtedly try and enter private homes I'd they think there are more than ten people inside. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly."

"There's much more to be worried about than dying of coronavirus."



Right now, there is not so much more to be worried about.... but Darwin should take care of those who think so.


The government told us there would be over 100,00 deaths by the end of this week. We are currently sitting at ~16,000. So yeah, I don't blindly believe whatever the government tells me. I'm quite proud of that.


The model was if people didn't social distance themselves, didn't wear masks in public, didn't wash their hand, etc. and that information apparently saved lives. We are trying to change the death toll.

I don't understand your disconnect, you're blaming the government, yet this is Trump's government. Your hero.
You all act like spoiled little brats blaming everyone but Trump.
 
Okie
Posts: 4136
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:38 pm

ltbewr wrote:
People riding skateboards, I don't want them to end up getting hurt and have to go to already overwhelmed hospitals or get/give Covid-19 there.


They have discontinued elective and non essential hospital services here because of fear of the Covid-19.

They have completely closed one hospital.
The rest have laid off more than 50% of their employees.
Some have gone to NYC to help with the Covid-19

No one driving to cause car accidents.
Bars closed no drunk driving accidents.
No work being done so no industrial accidents.
Everyone is at home and no parties so little or no lead poisoning.
The only incident I have heard on the news around here was someone busting into a residence to rob them but forgot to heed that the home owner was armed. So they just called the medical examiner as there was no for hospital.

One of my employee's told me since things were slow he was going to call his orthopedics doc to get a steroid shot for his tennis elbow.
Doc told him non essential service they were only doing Facetime appointments.

Okie
Last edited by Okie on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:40 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Clearly, I am not. I am referring to the selfish, ignorant fools who deny the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat; those who say things like:


"People won't stand for the mayors and governors continually extending it. At that point factions start forming and you will see the swift collapse of society."

"The rest of the world is saying these people aren't worth saving because of the current pandemic. No hospital space for anyone else. They don't want to see their society collapse over one event."

"Six months of no one working will mean we are in a depression we will never recovers from. Just like a Democrat to keep kicking the can. First it was two weeks of isolation and now it's six months. There is nothing more precious than our civil rights. Thousands died protecting them and now they are ripped away.."

"I'm not the only one who agrees these restrictions can't go on for long. Depression, cabin fever, looting, domestic violence, civil unrest, etc are all brewing. Most are just not going to accept being on house arrest indefinitely."

"When these mayors and governors tell people they can't worship their God together and can't even gather as families, that's going to be the final straw for many. Some cops will undoubtedly try and enter private homes I'd they think there are more than ten people inside. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly."

"There's much more to be worried about than dying of coronavirus."



Right now, there is not so much more to be worried about.... but Darwin should take care of those who think so.


The government told us there would be over 100,00 deaths by the end of this week. We are currently sitting at ~16,000. So yeah, I don't blindly believe whatever the government tells me. I'm quite proud of that.


The model was if people didn't social distance themselves, didn't wear masks in public, didn't wash their hand, etc. and that information apparently saved lives. We are trying to change the death toll.

I don't understand your disconnect, you're blaming the government, yet this is Trump's government. Your hero.
You all act like spoiled little brats blaming everyone but Trump.



No, it was based on social distancing measures. They told us to expect over 100,000 deaths at the end of this week just a few days ago.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 pm

link
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19038
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:52 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Gross overkill as Sweden might or might not prove to us all.


Adjusted on a per capita basis, Sweden's deaths are running at over 1.5 times that of the US. You might want to look elsewhere.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:53 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
link


"And Anthony Fauci, MD, said 100,000 to 200,000 deaths is entirely conceivable, a range he had mentioned earlier in the day during an interview on CNN with Jake Tapper. In his interview with Tapper, Fauci misspoke initially and said cases instead of deaths: “Looking at what we are seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 cases—but I don’t want to be held to that because—excuse me, deaths. We are going to be have millions of cases.”"

https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive. ... imate-come
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:54 pm

I did say “might or might not”; it’s too early to tell.
Last edited by GalaxyFlyer on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Newark727 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The models are proving to be grossly wrong but we went ahead and acted like they were truth. We seem to be peaking and, if true and we lose another 16,000 lives, it will have easily cost $12.5 million per life. Plus the knock on effects of a recession, substance abuse, suicides, broken marriages, young people being financially and career damaged for the rest of their lives. Gross overkill as Sweden might or might not prove to us all.


Do you really want to be the guy who says "yeah, Grandma bit the dust, but we got the tally down to $9 million per life?"


Silly straw man... Do you want to see a generation of college grads impaired for life because it’s well trod that’s beginning careers during a recession hurts lifetime income. Look, I’m 67, I can look out for myself or not, no one lives forever. My mother would be happy to catch and pass on. She’s been wishing for death for five years.

GF
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:31 pm

The numbers of bullshit, simple. The “experts” don’t have consistent standards on the data (comorbity, for example, all deaths where the virus was present CV caused the death), so, they don’t have good numerator. Without very extensive testing, they don’t have a decent denominator, so it’s BS. It’s the only data we have, but we’re overreacting to it because it’s so inaccurate.
 
Newark727
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Silly straw man... Do you want to see a generation of college grads impaired for life because it’s well trod that’s beginning careers during a recession hurts lifetime income. Look, I’m 67, I can look out for myself or not, no one lives forever. My mother would be happy to catch and pass on. She’s been wishing for death for five years.

GF


That generation is me, and if you're looking out for my future now, it would be the first time. But the dichotomy you're posing doesn't ring all that true to begin with. Healthy people staying home is a drain on the economy, but a larger number of unhealthy people seeking medical care is a bigger drain that lasts longer.
 
GDB
Posts: 13678
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:30 am

Newark727 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Silly straw man... Do you want to see a generation of college grads impaired for life because it’s well trod that’s beginning careers during a recession hurts lifetime income. Look, I’m 67, I can look out for myself or not, no one lives forever. My mother would be happy to catch and pass on. She’s been wishing for death for five years.

GF


That generation is me, and if you're looking out for my future now, it would be the first time. But the dichotomy you're posing doesn't ring all that true to begin with. Healthy people staying home is a drain on the economy, but a larger number of unhealthy people seeking medical care is a bigger drain that lasts longer.


Which should be very obvious to anyone remotely informed or sensible, hence even the Conservative UK government completely ditching their own ideals, beliefs, indeed their actions over the past decade. And I don't generally regard them as sensible politically speaking either up to now, quite the opposite.
So even THEY get it. Even they know, if compared to others somewhat belatedly (which is for a public inquiry once this is all over), that the costs, economic, social and so inevitably politically, would be far worse had they not taken the actions they have, however unprecedented.

Or put more bluntly, from the aviation sector, 'if you think safety is expensive, try an accident'.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:51 am

Newark727 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Silly straw man... Do you want to see a generation of college grads impaired for life because it’s well trod that’s beginning careers during a recession hurts lifetime income. Look, I’m 67, I can look out for myself or not, no one lives forever. My mother would be happy to catch and pass on. She’s been wishing for death for five years.

GF


That generation is me, and if you're looking out for my future now, it would be the first time. But the dichotomy you're posing doesn't ring all that true to begin with. Healthy people staying home is a drain on the economy, but a larger number of unhealthy people seeking medical care is a bigger drain that lasts longer.


But, we don’t have any real data on how many sick people their would be. People, informed of proper hygiene and distancing in the case of the most vulnerable might have not have created your second case while keeping the economy alive. We’re in for a tough recession for 2-3 years, maybe more.

We”ll see, it’s out of our hands.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: art, tommy1808, ZB052 and 58 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos