Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:30 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The recent protests in the USA against the life restrictions for the pandemic although Constitutionally protected are dangerous to public health of everyone. Those protesting are tiny in numbers, a real fringe of society, very narrow minded, they are people who have long distrusted government, fear these restrictions will lead to more rules like taking away their guns, much higher taxes they don't want to pay, many fear losing their jobs and small businesses. The best thing that can be done is to minimize the media attention although that is difficult due to the support of them by President Trump.

How dare you! They are "very fine people" and "very responsible"!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ome-orders
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cal ... ble-people

Apparently, it is their "right" to block ambulances and health care workers

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... rally.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68756.html
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

AirWorthy99

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
These are temporary restrictions for public health, not fear.

"Temporary" edicts that have contentiously been extended every time they expire, first time was 15 days, later 30 days, etc and they will go on, who knows for how long but for sure power is something politicians and bureaucrats don't like to return that easily. That's why protests must continue.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Aaron747

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:02 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

"Temporary" edicts that have contentiously been extended every time they expire, first time was 15 days, later 30 days, etc and they will go on, who knows for how long but for sure power is something politicians and bureaucrats don't like to return that easily. That's why protests must continue.

The reason for the extensions is epidemiological, not political. The protesters are protesting against laws that have never been passed - they just need something to be angry at. The science deniers' equivalent to coyotes baying at the moon.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

blueflyer

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:05 pm

casinterest wrote:
Kellyanna Conway folks.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/this-i ... x-friends/

In defending the president’s controversial move, Conway blamed the group for not being more on the ball when it came to handling the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We have every right to know because of what’s happened here in this global pandemic, but there’s another reason, some of the scientists and doctors say that there could be other strains later on, this could come back in the fall in a limited way,” she said. “This is COVID-19, not COVID-1, folks! And so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization facts and figures should be on top of that right now.”

You give her far too much credit. She is only aping Rush Limbaugh. He preceded her by a month, although his comment drew far less notice because the people who listen to him still are too dumb to realize how dumb he is.
https://www.mediamatters.org/coronaviru ... cold-virus

AirWorthy99

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The reason for the extensions is epidemiological, not political. The protesters are protesting against laws that have never been passed - they just need something to be angry at. The science deniers' equivalent to coyotes baying at the moon.

Epidemiological, from a group of un-elected experts, that have absolutely no constituency to be accountable to.

Instead of actually mocking them and dismissing them, I believe they are great law abiding citizens that are doing something we all should do and is to tell our government they are at our service. And they can't do as much as they like with our rights because there will be a response from the people that they govern.

They aren't looting, using violence, blocking streets, they are pacific protests. Whereas if another group of the population protests violently against authority, its fair game because they been 'abused' for too long or what ever, the hypocrisy from the MSM on this is amazing compared to other types of protests we have seen in the past.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Aaron747

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:13 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Epidemiological, from a group of un-elected experts, that have absolutely no constituency to be accountable to.

Instead of actually mocking them and dismissing them, I believe they are great law abiding citizens that are doing something we all should do and is to tell our government they are at our service. And they can't do as much as they like with our rights because there will be a response from the people that they govern.

They aren't looting, using violence, blocking streets, they are pacific protests. Whereas if another group of the population protests violently against authority, its fair game because they been 'abused' for too long or what ever, the hypocrisy from the MSM on this is amazing compared to other types of protests we have seen in the past.

More identity politics nonsense. I think the real question lies in your first sentence: why do you hate people who studied more than you did? Why is it so distressing that someone would have such a thirst for knowledge that they’d become an authority on a subject elected and public safety officials might rely on?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AirWorthy99

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

More identity politics nonsense. I think the real question lies in your first sentence: why do you hate people who studied more than you did? Why is it so distressing that someone would have such a thirst for knowledge that they’d become an authority on a subject elected and public safety officials might rely on?

Because in societies that only the elites call the shots with absolute power and decide what's best for the rest of the population you lose your freedoms, liberties and have a lot more inequality in the long term.

Would you allow someone with a higher educational degree than you call the shots on the things you decide on your life? tells you what to do? would you accept that?

You would want to do some research first and find out for your self, its critical thinking. I just have way too much skepticism from un-elected bureaucrats because I can't take them out of office.

The experts that have dealt with this in the US are brilliant people, great minds, the best at what they do, but they have no accountability for what happens.

anrec80

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

I don’t know what’s more in these extensions - are they more epidemiological or political. The biggest issue with this stuff is that it’s much easier to get into it than later get out of it. It’s easy to sign a full ban decree, but not easy to lift it - first, that doctor doubts, then there is no confidence in data, then there is some other potential hotspot, then something else. And as the result - it goes on for much longer and does far more damage than it really had to.
And at the mean time - each day of these restrictions bears more toll on the society than the previous one. Not only more and more damage is being done, but more and more damage done in previous days goes from reparable to irreparable. And at the mean time - the workers and small business owners are worried how to live through it, how will they pay their rent, bills, how will they support their families.

Yes, for the governor it’s easy to say “we’ll worry about it later” than to actually be more selective and shut down only what’s really necessary where necessary. In most areas of their country, manufacturing businesses and even retail can operate safely with some restrictions, preserving supply-demand chains and at least jobs for people for the time after the pandemic.

Tugger

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:46 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Oh so there is no one that is OK to provide key and important information? You attack those that have been elected and now you also attack those that are expert.

You are useless and even worse harmful to those around you if you actually live and provide guidance like this. Seriously. You want religion and tin-foil hat theories and uneducated populists to run stupid and the USA to decline with what you are advocating.

We are supposed to "elect" people so they can give us the popular science? You want to be able to vote people that give honest but "bad news"?

That is what you are claiming to support.

I have to admit this is competing for being the stupidest thing I have observed during COVID.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

AirWorthy99

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Tugger wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Oh so there is no one that is OK to provide key and important information? You attack those that have been elected and now you also attack those that are expert.

You are useless and even worse harmful to those around you if you actually live and provide guidance like this. Seriously. You want religion and tin-foil hat theories and uneducated populists to run stupid and the USA to decline with what you are advocating.

We are supposed to "elect" people so they can give us the popular science? You want to be able to vote people that give honest but "bad news"?

I have to admit this is competing for being the stupidest thing I have observed during COVID.

Tugg

First, they said: you need to do this so we can avoid the hospitals being overcrowded and people dying with no hospital care. That did not happen.

Now, you need to keep these measures in order to not get infected.

I don't need a medical degree to know that this doesn't make sense.

People are going to get infected, unless 100% of the population took a vaccine. People are going to die. We are just delaying the inevitable which is we all are going to become Sweden. The worse part is that we have killed our economy in the meantime while we delay the inevitable.

We won't be able to hide from COVID 19 for ever, if a doctor or an expert says that, they are lying.

And shutting down is unsustainable while we wait that a vaccine comes out and 100% of the population took the vaccine.

That's reality, I don't need to go to school and study to know this. What I know is we are surrendering our rights and liberties for a unspecified and undefined amount of time. You are happy to give them for ever, good for you. Don't go out if you don't like, but don't force me to accept it by calling me and the others stupid.

scbriml

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:57 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
[from a group of un-elected experts

Idiots get to elect stupid politicians, you should be very thankful that they don't get to elect subject matter experts as well! :rotfl:

Tugger wrote:

It's right up there. :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Tugger

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:10 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The constant drone form the MSM lackeys about TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING.
Testing is not a cure or a prevention,

Wow, talk about REALLY not understanding. Either that or you are absolutely bound to repeat what you have been told.

Testing is one of THE most critical parts of medicine. Period. It is the first or second step in all of medicine. It is how we know what the "thing" is that is wrong with a patient. It is how we learn the extent of an illness and can then begin to get a handle on it. It is how we identify those that need one thing and others that need something different. It is how we determine if a treatment is successful.

How on earth can you not understand this? You previously haven't appeared to not understand such profoundly basic elements.

The incredible amount of uneducated posts here is astounding.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

WarRI1

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:17 pm

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24046614/

They the protesters AKA trump dummies are the dumbest thing I have seen during this protest, thank goodness I am not alone.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Aaron747

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:51 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Because in societies that only the elites call the shots with absolute power and decide what's best for the rest of the population you lose your freedoms, liberties and have a lot more inequality in the long term.

Would you allow someone with a higher educational degree than you call the shots on the things you decide on your life? tells you what to do? would you accept that.

The first paragraph is a massive mess - first off, nobody has lost their freedoms. Your freedoms are still on the books - you still can’t respond to the fact no law has been passed ‘taking away’ our rights. Second, you are now defining people with an MPH as ‘elites with absolute power’ - this is absurd! You just don’t agree with them, but elected officials are taking their advice and not yours. Exhibits: A. Average salary for an epidemiologist is $84K - not even close to ‘elite’. B. Definitely no absolute power because state and federal decisions are made in committees and chief executives can decide to go against MPH advice at any time. Just a total mess.

Second question - I don’t care because nobody is ‘deciding what I do’ with my life. Mature adults can see the necessity of public health measures and guidelines - and know ‘indefinite’ isn’t ‘permanent’.

Aaron747

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:56 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Tugg

First, they said: you need to do this so we can avoid the hospitals being overcrowded and people dying with no hospital care. That did not happen.

Now, you need to keep these measures in order to not get infected.

A. You still don’t seem to understand why ‘that did not happen’.

B. No - guidelines are still in place because adequate testing and tracing protocols are not yet in place. To have a functioning economy we need minimized disruption and that leg is critical for the stool.

Both A and B come down to math, a discipline unaffected by feelings.

GDB

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Confederacy Of Dunces;
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwGe3rdHPVrwvf4Rdd4AaABCQ

Encouraged by their hero, big orange dunce himself.

scbriml

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:24 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/20/yahoo-newsyougov-coronavirus-poll-most-americans-reject-anti-lockdown-protests/24046614/

They the protesters AKA trump dummies are the dumbest thing I have seen during this protest, thank goodness I am not alone.

You have to admit, it's pretty funny that the very people who've spent their entire adult lives stockpiling supplies, guns & ammo and publishing newsletters about preparing safe rooms in which to shelter from a global crisis, are the ones having meltdowns because they can't go to Applebees or Pottery Barn.
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

anrec80

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 am

Don't get me started on this topic. Lots of that stuff happens in migrant communities here in NYC. Just a couple of "experiences" of the past few weeks in one of the migrant communities. Disclaimer - please do not try to make sense out of anything posted here. You will break your brain.

About a month ago, when it was all just starting, but the bans were already in place, me and my mom visited South Brooklyn. Restaurants were already shut down, and we are talking - "we are tired, but unfortunately there is nowhere to sit down now". A local older granny (maybe 60-65 years of age), trying to be nice and helpful, approaches us and says: "Oh - if you want to sit down - there is Starbucks on the other end. The owners are nice people, they don't care and let you sit. I go there myself". Needless to say, she didn't even bother with any face mask. My panic thought was - Geez, this is some weird perverted planet. God get me out of here!!!

Another shocking example - a phone chat with my friend. I am still trying get over the shock. We talk about this COVID thing.
He:
- You remember our common acquaintance D. from Brighton (Brighton Breach, South Brooklyn, NYC)? His whole family had what they think is COVID. His two kids and wife had it lighter, got away with just temperature, but he had all symptoms - loss of smell, loss of taste. Lungs were as if they were filled with glass. As he puts it - you take an onion, bite it and it tastes like an apple.
Me:
- Geez - WTF?? Isn't he a boxer? He's a huge healthy guy, what's his deal? Are they OK now? Any help needed?
He:
- Yeah, they are OK now.
Me:
- Had they gone to a clinic or a doctor?
He:
- Nah, they had not. They all were just home.

My personal suspicion is that they simple preferred to forego health insurance.

tommy1808

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Tugger wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The constant drone form the MSM lackeys about TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING.
Testing is not a cure or a prevention,

Wow, talk about REALLY not understanding. Either that or you are absolutely bound to repeat what you have been told.

Testing is one of THE most critical parts of medicine. Period. It is the first or second step in all of medicine. It is how we know what the "thing" is that is wrong with a patient. It is how we learn the extent of an illness and can then begin to get a handle on it. It is how we identify those that need one thing and others that need something different. It is how we determine if a treatment is successful.

How on earth can you not understand this? You previously haven't appeared to not understand such profoundly basic elements.

The incredible amount of uneducated posts here is astounding.

Tugg

Great, now I have a mental picture of DIRECTFLT freaking out in a doctors office after being told they will draw blood to do some tests.....

Unless there is a cure or a vaccine, the best treatment is not getting it. That is kinda hard to do if you don't know who has it.....

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

seb146

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I don’t know what’s more in these extensions - are they more epidemiological or political. The biggest issue with this stuff is that it’s much easier to get into it than later get out of it. It’s easy to sign a full ban decree, but not easy to lift it - first, that doctor doubts, then there is no confidence in data, then there is some other potential hotspot, then something else. And as the result - it goes on for much longer and does far more damage than it really had to.
And at the mean time - each day of these restrictions bears more toll on the society than the previous one. Not only more and more damage is being done, but more and more damage done in previous days goes from reparable to irreparable. And at the mean time - the workers and small business owners are worried how to live through it, how will they pay their rent, bills, how will they support their families.

Yes, for the governor it’s easy to say “we’ll worry about it later” than to actually be more selective and shut down only what’s really necessary where necessary. In most areas of their country, manufacturing businesses and even retail can operate safely with some restrictions, preserving supply-demand chains and at least jobs for people for the time after the pandemic.

Crowd funding. This is how Bezos is funding health care for his drivers. This is why Reaganomics is so horrible. This is why we need to get back to "trickle up" economics from the 1950s and 1960s instead of Reagan's "trickle down". We got the down, we are still waiting for the trickle.

Not to fear, though, the feds set up "small business" loans!

https://www.barrons.com/articles/shake- ... 1587407698
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/business ... index.html

And those loans are not available for mom-and-pop stores to protect them and their employees because Ruth's Chris Steak House and Potbelly and J. Alexanders and others needed to give pay outs to their executives and buy stock. Because, you know, that is more important than the workers who actually show up to support your businesses.

Side note: Shake Shake returned their pay out. Not because of conscience or anything. No, they returned their loan because people fount out and started complaining.

slider

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm seeing people wearing masks in their cars. Dumbasses.

Almost as dumb as the people on A.net who continue to decry capitalism whilst embracing total government fascist control over their lives as we suicidally destroy the economy and our livelihoods.

casinterest

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:43 pm

slider wrote:

Almost as dumb as the people on A.net who continue to decry capitalism whilst embracing total government fascist control over their lives as we suicidally destroy the economy and our livelihoods.

You would not have done well during WW2. Community and Government mobilization are necessary to contain and battle this virus,. But then again dumb people tend to point the finger back at themselves.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Aaron747

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 pm

slider wrote:

Dayyum, is slidey calling the 45 WH fascist? And I guess he was too busy taking flying lessons to ace Stat 101, because it’s pretty clear why aggressive mitigation measures were called for by NIH/CDC.

casinterest

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

In further news, there is a tweet for everything

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2008549376

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Oct 28, 2014
All the governors are already backing off of the Ebola quarantines. Bad decision that will lead to more mayhe
Where ever you go, there you are.

Tugger

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:53 pm

casinterest wrote:
In further news, there is a tweet for everything

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2008549376

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Oct 28, 2014
All the governors are already backing off of the Ebola quarantines. Bad decision that will lead to more mayhe

Sadly this is par for the course with the poor president we are currently burdened with.

And I am sure to many this other news will not be shocking:
The director of the office involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine says he was abruptly dismissed from his post in part because he resisted efforts to widen the availability of a coronavirus treatment pushed by President Donald Trump.
Dr. Rick Bright had led BARDA, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, since 2016 until Tuesday, when was reassigned to a narrower position. He also announced he will file a whistleblower complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services' inspector general.
"I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit," Bright said in a lengthy statement issued Wednesday. "I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science -- not politics or cronyism -- has to lead the way."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics ... index.html

It is pretty lame that Trump wants lackey's only to be around in his administration (ultimately - we are always amazed when someone sticks around that has views counter to his punditry, the current one being Dr. Fauci).

Tugg

scbriml

Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 am

Tugger wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/rick-bright-barda-trump-coronavirus/index.html

It is pretty lame that Trump wants lackey's only to be around in his administration (ultimately - we are always amazed when someone sticks around that has views counter to his punditry, the current one being Dr. Fauci).

Tugg

We've seen it too often with Trump - stupidity and ego beats out logic and science.

GDB

Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:56 am

Here is someone, a medic on the front line in Georgia, pleading AGAINST stupidity.
She has poor PPE, the Gov of her state deigns gyms and tattoo parlors are included as 'vital' (where else can Trumpists get their white power tats?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2bOV3-fX8

GDB

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:03 pm

More of the same I'm afraid, to think that Trumpists, including the resident clowns on here, get all offended when they get called out for their ignorance and stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3p8DSaXGgA

Only in (Trump's) America. (I am aware that, as polls are showing, most in the US are of course opposed to this sort of nonsense).

They are too stupid to consider that if they get their way, they would be much more likely to get infected. Then who will they be begging for help from?

Noteworthy too that they even try the old Sandy Hook trick of calling them 'actors', like our resident king of the clowns babbled about on here recently about health workers. (Also noticeable they have a real contempt for those who choose such a profession. Maybe a bit of envy as the protestors are all too thick to get a job even as a basic healthcare worker?)

Fun fact; the 1918 pandemic had a second, much worse wave of outbreak in the fall.

What a disgusting, pig ignorant, selfish bunch the Trump base is.

seb146

Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:26 pm

slider wrote:

Do you know for a fact that is their personal car or does that car belong to someone else? Is it a ride share? Is it food delivery? Or, yes, it could be their own personal vehicle and, like those of us who put glasses on top of our head then can not find them.

slider wrote:

There are a few different points going on here.

1) Those of us who "decry capitalism" have actually been pointing out for years that trickle down does not work. That this flawed idea of Reaganomics (giving everything to the wealthy and corporations makes us all richer) does not work and we need to change the system to reward us who are working too damn hard for peanut scraps. Those of us who "decry capitalism" are actually pointing out the other side of capitalism. Maybe paying more to those of us who work so we can also contribute to a capitalist society?

2) What righties/MAGA/Republicans call "government fascist control" are health care guidelines that are proving to work. Also, "fascist government control" are simply rightie/MAGA/Republican buzz words to gin up the base. Like "socialist" and "liberal" and such.

3) The economy was already in peril. The Fed cut interest rates to zero to keep the economy afloat. Economic growth was slowing. Unemployment was creeping back up. There was/is no way of counting the REAL unemployment numbers, anyway. Recall that, under Obama, we learned that there were those who were not counted as unemployed because they did not qualify for unemployment benefits.

alfa164

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Here are some results - preliminary, of course - of some of the stupid things we have seen and heard.... in this case, from Mssr. Hannity, that bastion of reasoned, thoughtful, golden scientific advice:

"Coronavirus deaths greater where viewers prefer Hannity over Carlson: study"

"Greater viewership of Fox News’ “Hannity” over “Tucker Carlson Tonight” may be linked to more COVID-19 cases and deaths in the early stages of the pandemic, according to a study by the University of Chicago’s Becker Friedman Institute for Economics.

The working paper titled “Misinformation During a Pandemic,” focused on the news coverage of the coronavirus by Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, the two most widely viewed cable news shows in the country, in February and March."

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... er-hannity

The question remains... are idiots who believe Hannity and his ilk all deserving of a Darwin award?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

GDB

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm

TTailedTiger

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:49 pm

I knew it was all fake. Democrats were caught staging a medical staff counterprotest. It's absolutely sickening that they do this stuff.

https://twitter.com/dc_draino/status/12 ... 25857?s=21

seb146

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:28 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
I knew it was all fake. Democrats were caught staging a medical staff counterprotest. It's absolutely sickening that they do this stuff.

One guy one time = ALL Democrats

typical.....

Or, was this a MAGA member doing this for state media?

seb146

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:31 pm

I may have mentioned this before. Even before covid-19 came into our lives on this scale, it would sicken me when people would lick their fingers to count money. Even if this virus did not exist, I would still be absolutely nauseous from this act. I can not even describe what I have seen involving dollar bills. And people still lick their fingers and count out dollar bills with this virus. Godspeed to you.....

privase25

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 am

Nothing could top the brainlesss idi*t with the poster of a face mask and the words "My Body, My Choice". JUst stop

alfa164

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
I knew it was all fake. Democrats were caught staging a medical staff counterprotest. It's absolutely sickening that they do this stuff. https://twitter.com/dc_draino/status/12 ... 25857?s=21

Huh??? You mean the Rogan O'Handley, the former "entertainment lawyer" turned right-wing-propagandist? Yeah, his Twitter post makes claims - with no evidence to back them up - about opposition to the right-wing's organized attempts to discredit the strict policies in place - policies that are in place to protect all of us. Are you trying to tell us medical professionals aren't concerned about these outliers' attempts to end social distancing and continued restraint?

Maybe you should hear from a real professional, from the front lines - who, incidentally, was also (falsely, of course) accused of being an actor:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health ... li=BBnb7Kz

Facts are stubborn things. Please try to find some next time.

GDB wrote:
Maybe our wise sage TT could emulate the latest idea from his idol; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtgVxGkrX1Y
Harsh? Well post 232 is confirmation of 'Kool Aid drinking', for the pandemic. Or a more recent example, the deluded followers of David Koresh. Same 'thinking', same delusional type behavior.

Well, since Dr. Trump discovered that "windmills cause cancer", maybe his new medical experimentation is onto something else now. Let's see what happens if he tries the "cure" first.

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:56 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

probably Republican posing as democrats

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:55 am

seb146 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

One guy one time = ALL Democrats

typical.....

Or, was this a MAGA member doing this for state media?

great-mind think alike, I thought the same thing.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:55 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

Yeah, deal with it...the Democrats are evil and coming to get you.

GDB

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:39 am

Enlighten us, Trump fans, is this a good idea?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... sinfectant

Then again, who is surprised that a spoiled lifetime moron would really act differently?
'He'll be more presidential' they said, for the past few years.
Any sign?

TTailedTiger

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:06 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

How would it be any different if dieticians demanded that the sale and consumption of certain foods be prohibited? Heart disease and diabetes kills far more people than coronavirus and puts a strain on our healthcare system. Why don't you support the government dictating what we can and can't eat? You seem to be eager to please the government no matter what.

Aaron747

Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:02 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

How would it be any different if dieticians demanded that the sale and consumption of certain foods be prohibited? Heart disease and diabetes kills far more people than coronavirus and puts a strain on our healthcare system. Why don't you support the government dictating what we can and can't eat? You seem to be eager to please the government no matter what.

Apples and oranges. Longitudinal study of effects of specific compounds in the diet take decades - harmful effects of trans fats were known by the 1960s, but the FDA didn't disallow their use in processed foods until 2015. Consumer interest around healthier oils drove a 340% increase in imports of olive oil between 1989 and 2019. The government mandates that detailed nutritional breakdowns be printed on every bit of food and beverage packaging and that gives consumers ability to decide - no country controls food intake in minute detail.

Boy, you're going to need to build a barn to store hay for all these straw men you love to throw around. :lol:

emperortk

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Dieticians would have to explain how one person's consumption of unhealthy food puts a different individual at risk for a heart attack or diabetes. You walking around with coronavirus puts others at risk. The difference between the two is pretty clear.

cpd

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:54 pm

GDB wrote:
Enlighten us, Trump fans, is this a good idea?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... sinfectant

Then again, who is surprised that a spoiled lifetime moron would really act differently?
'He'll be more presidential' they said, for the past few years.
Any sign?

Are our Trump advocates going to stand behind the safety of the President's claims:

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... d0254facac

And before you all attack, I'm using a proper, truthful right-wing news source.

When the maker of Dettol has to come out and warn people not to inject Dettol or other disinfectants into themselves you know there is a problem.

seahawk

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Apples and oranges. Longitudinal study of effects of specific compounds in the diet take decades - harmful effects of trans fats were known by the 1960s, but the FDA didn't disallow their use in processed foods until 2015. Consumer interest around healthier oils drove a 340% increase in imports of olive oil between 1989 and 2019. The government mandates that detailed nutritional breakdowns be printed on every bit of food and beverage packaging and that gives consumers ability to decide - no country controls food intake in minute detail.

Boy, you're going to need to build a barn to store hay for all these straw men you love to throw around. :lol:

Nobody has proven the dangers long term dangers of the virus either. Maybe destroying the economy will kill more people than the virus? Maybe delaying natural herd immunity will be deadly.

TTailedTiger

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:09 pm

emperortk wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Dieticians would have to explain how one person's consumption of unhealthy food puts a different individual at risk for a heart attack or diabetes. You walking around with coronavirus puts others at risk. The difference between the two is pretty clear.

No, it isn't. If I'm selling foods that promote poor health then I am just as responsible. Unless you think congestive heart failure is a pleasant way to die? Short of a heart transplant there isn't much that can be done. And even if you are lucky enough to get a heart you'll maybe get ten years max.

Aaron747

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:30 pm

seahawk wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Nobody has proven the dangers long term dangers of the virus either. Maybe destroying the economy will kill more people than the virus? Maybe delaying natural herd immunity will be deadly.

Epidemiological protocols for a novel respiratory virus outbreak are designed to minimize risk and allow existing healthcare resources to cope - unless you are still unaware what they mean by 'novel'. Zero distancing and travel stops implemented - want to venture a guess at the number of dead and ICU inventory we'd be seeing in North America and Europe now?

AirWorthy99

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Epidemiological protocols for a novel respiratory virus outbreak are designed to minimize risk and allow existing healthcare resources to cope - unless you are still unaware what they mean by 'novel'. Zero distancing and travel stops implemented - want to venture a guess at the number of dead and ICU inventory we'd be seeing in North America and Europe now?

According to another poser in the other thread, he lives in Sweden, and despite their current lax guidelines, they are not seeing hospitals overwhelmed. We did not see it here in the states, and as it was reported NYC saw almost 22% of bed occupancy.

As for deadly, the virus is deadly with or without hospital beds, I agree, expanding hospital capacity should be the norm moving forward because we will eventually all become Sweden and spikes will happen, but closing the economy again won't be an option.

We all should practice social distancing when we leave home, and wear a mask so that we prevent spikes, keep those vulnerable or at risk of dying or sick at home, but the reality of this, which the MSM is not saying, there will be herd immunity from COVID19 before a vaccine is ever distributed, the rest of us who are healthy and young should expect to get this in the near future (if we did not have it already). You only need 60% of the population for herd immunity so its going to take some time.

None of the experts will ever say this publicly because if they say so the public will question these measures and everything else. I am seeing how they keep moving the goalposts, we flattened the curve, now its more testing. Then what else?
Last edited by AirWorthy99 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTailedTiger

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:39 pm

The Michigan legislature will meet to strip powers from Whitmer. She is already in hot water over trying to give a no-bid contract to a company that publicly stated Trump should be infected with coronavirus ASAP. She is awful.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... her-powers

2122M

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I am seeing how they keep moving the goalposts, we flattened the curve, now its more testing. Then what else?

It's almost as if containing a new and highly contagious virus is more that an 1 step process. Shocking! To quote the self-proclaimed super stable genius; "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated!"