Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

blueflyer

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am

Snowflakes playing toy soldiers in Texas.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/us/c ... e=Homepage

I have no idea what they think they're achieving, but if they make themselves enough of a nuisance, the local authorities will send SWAT and the rest, they say, is history.

tommy1808

Thu May 14, 2020 9:37 am

blueflyer wrote:
Snowflakes playing toy soldiers in Texas.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/us/c ... e=Homepage

I have no idea what they think they're achieving, but if they make themselves enough of a nuisance, the local authorities will send SWAT and the rest, they say, is history.

...wait for a customer or their families/neighbors/anyone to get sick, charge with attempted manslaughter/manslaughter.

But to their credit, they are wearing face covers... and i am going to assume for their benefit those are for the right reasons.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

ltbewr

Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 am

President Trump to visit a distributor of medical supplies as part of his 'open up America even if millions die of Covid-19' policy and re-election campaign stop near Allentown, PA on Thursday, May 14th. I bet the sick fool won't wear a mask where he can be seen by the media.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=trump+vis ... lang=en-US

AirWorthy99

Thu May 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Something stupid, this time from Germany

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ncing.html
Apparently some believe this shields anyone from COVID.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

T18

Thu May 14, 2020 7:39 pm

My hunch is those should help keep you 2m apart.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

skyservice_330

Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Cute gimmick ... good on the cafe for finding a fun way to put a smile peoples faces and a silly way to promote the 2 meter rule

scbriml

Thu May 14, 2020 9:31 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Actually debatable if it's stupid rather than just amusing.

The word shield doesn't appear anywhere in the article, so who believes it will shield anyone from Covid-19?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

LittleFokker

Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

It's not about shielding, it's about reminding themselves and others to maintain a distance from each other (though 3 ft as depicted is insufficient).
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

scbriml

Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

It's not about shielding, it's about reminding themselves and others to maintain a distance from each other (though 3 ft as depicted is insufficient).

But if each person has a 1m ‘limit’, then any two people are the required distance apart, no?
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

AirWorthy99

Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm

I see, since this was in Germany, its quite impossible it isn't stupid. Had this been on the other side of the Atlantic, I can just imagine the memes, jokes etc.

Anyways, if this was such a 'smart' or good idea then, since its not stupid, I wonder why aren't these things being sold like crazy to 'encourage' social distancing and reduce risk, the same way masks are being told they should be mandatory to reduce the spread.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

casinterest

Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I see, since this was in Germany, its quite impossible it isn't stupid. Had this been on the other side of the Atlantic, I can just imagine the memes, jokes etc.

Anyways, if this was such a 'smart' or good idea then, since its not stupid, I wonder why aren't these things being sold like crazy to 'encourage' social distancing and reduce risk, the same way masks are being told they should be mandatory to reduce the spread.

So you are concerned about getting a job during this Social distancing right?

This cafe owner is concerned about being able to stay open and avoid hassles such as authorities or patrons wondering if it is unsafe.
These hats ( while questionable on cleanliness, clorox after?) serve the purpose of
1. Enforcing social distancing
2. Keeping the authorities away, and the cafe open
3. Free Advertising. Look at how far the picture traveled.

This cafe is working hard to keep their employees safe, their patrons safe, and keep the doors open. We should look at this as a bit silly and open to ridicule, but far from stupid.
Where ever you go, there you are.

LittleFokker

Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm

scbriml wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

But if each person has a 1m ‘limit’, then any two people are the required distance apart, no?

Since I didn't read about any massive run on pool noodles in Germany, I'm going to guess most people aren't wearing those, so 1 meter isn't enough for anyone else not pictured they might be getting close to.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

AirWorthy99

Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 pm

casinterest wrote:
These hats ( while questionable on cleanliness, clorox after?) serve the purpose of

You are onto something.

In the picture you can see two women touching the hat, it seems (obvious) that the noodles are heavy and move around, the hat can fall off. That's why most of the people that wore them clearly touched them with their hands. Did they disinfect them? well I don't know, but how can you disinfect them for reuse? wouldn't work

If this image wouldn't have been taken in Germany, maybe Florida? most of this forum will say:

re-using hats that have been touched by other patrons would pass COVID to other patrons.

That's completely obvious, and its completely stupid, you may be inadvertently preventing COVID by passing it making people wear the hats. But I understand, it isn't Georgia or Texas, its Germany, they never do nothing stupid there.

masi1157

Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
But I understand, it isn't Georgia or Texas, its Germany, they never do nothing stupid there.

You have no idea of Germany, do you? These things may be useless, maybe they are even stupid, but they are funny. And people enjoyed them, as far as I heard and read in TV and press here in Germany.

Gruß, masi1157
517 different segments on 101 airlines to 212 airports in 55 countries

ChrisKen

Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
scbriml wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

Since I didn't read about any massive run on pool noodles in Germany, I'm going to guess most people aren't wearing those, so 1 meter isn't enough for anyone else not pictured they might be getting close to.

Sense of humour failure detected.

scbriml

Fri May 15, 2020 9:57 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
scbriml wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

I think you might be in danger of taking it way too seriously, but it seems you’re not alone! :lol:

scbriml

Mon May 18, 2020 10:29 pm

And it's straight in at number one...

Trump is taking taking hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161
US President Donald Trump has said he is taking hydroxychloroquine - which health officials have warned may be unsafe - to ward off coronavirus.

Speaking at the White House, he told reporters he started taking the malaria and lupus medication recently.

"I'm taking it for about a week and a half now and I'm still here, I'm still here," he said.

There is no evidence hydroxychloroquine can fight off coronavirus, though clinical trials are under way.

Asked on Monday what was his evidence of the drug's positive benefits, Mr Trump said: "Here's my evidence, I get a lot of positive calls about it."

alfa164

Tue May 19, 2020 4:43 am

scbriml wrote:
And it's straight in at number one...
Trump is taking taking hydroxychloroquine.

Please, please let him follow his own suggestion and add bleach to that cocktail...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Aaron747

Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 pm

This viral guy getting told off at Costco for refusing to wear a mask over 'freedom' is a new winner. It seems some Americans rabidly proclaiming their 'freedom' seem to forget that private property rights supersede whatever you feel like doing:

https://twitter.com/elonjames/status/12 ... 26368?s=20
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

blueflyer

Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
This viral guy getting told off at Costco for refusing to wear a mask over 'freedom' is a new winner. It seems some Americans rabidly proclaiming their 'freedom' seem to forget that private property rights supersede whatever you feel like doing:

https://twitter.com/elonjames/status/12 ... 26368?s=20

I give that Costco employee a lot of props for doing what he did. A security guard was shot and killed for doing the same. In Texas, many stores have hired off-duty police offers to enforce the use of a mask while keeping their employees safe from uneducated turds who thinks their "freedom" supersedes private property rights or local ordinances.

T18

Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Anyone else starting to see adverts on the WX and News stations for products that seem to just be snake oil at this point. Like Copper Infused face masks, as if the cooper does anything to help, or a UV wand to 'kill' viruses?
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

tommy1808

Fri May 22, 2020 4:47 am

T18 wrote:
Anyone else starting to see adverts on the WX and News stations for products that seem to just be snake oil at this point. Like Copper Infused face masks, as if the cooper does anything to help, or a UV wand to 'kill' viruses?

Well maybe we can learn from Cameroon:
Source: 9gag

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6