Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DL717
Topic Author

Stupid things observed during COVID

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Darwin thread got me thinking. What other kinds of stupid are you observing?

For me it’s the constant sale emails from Costco. Their freaking shelves are empty. WTF?

Aaron747

Re: Stupid things observed during COVID

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:44 pm

Oh wait, I thought this thread would be about runs on TP, Floridian beach kids, and the daily WH presser shitshow.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Spring break and churches continuing.

DL717
Topic Author

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:54 pm

You guys should at least try to be less predictable.

Aaron747

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

DL717 wrote:

Like ignoring posts that actually explore possible solutions to the crisis we’re in instead of the usual whinging? Pot, meet kettle.

FGITD

Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Airliners.net non-av forum

Aaron747

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:09 pm

FGITD wrote:

Someone get this guy a beer - he wins the forum today! :biggrin:

Aesma

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm

People trying to find all kinds of excuses to skirt the rules.

For example someone was "caught" saying he was coming back from the bakery, when his baguette was found to be several days old.

The ridiculous part is that you can go out for a walk anyway, there is no need to lie !

N583JB

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:52 pm

I have two coworkers who are convinced that COVID is fake and is a massive government conspiracy. One even posted about throwing a "Corona party" when our state issued a stay-at-home order. My employer is taking COVID very seriously, and I threatened to turn this person in to his boss if he continued to share his idiocy and advocate for breaking the law on Facebook. He has stopped for now but still posts angry Facebook posts about how fake all of this is.

alfa164

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Stupidest things I have seen? Trump's press conferences... he just rambles on, until he turns it over to someone who knows what they are talking about...

:roll:

NIKV69

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 pm

People are now throwing there latex gloves on the ground in parking lots now when they leave the grocery store. Insane.

T54A

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:20 pm

South Africa had banned the sale of Alcohol and Cigarettes (I’m not a smoker) during lockdown. What’s the point of that, except to piss lots of people off and ruin the economy even further.

bgm

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Oh wait, I thought this thread would be about runs on TP, Floridian beach kids, and the daily WH presser shitshow.

Ding ding we have a winner! :)

FGITD wrote:

You’re a real Jessica Fletcher... :duck:

Jalap

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Aesma wrote:

For example someone was "caught" saying he was coming back from the bakery, when his baguette was found to be several days old.

The ridiculous part is that you can go out for a walk anyway, there is no need to lie !

Yes, and running trousers are the ultimate camouflage these days. They're all you need to meet a friend.

stl07

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:19 pm

T54A wrote:
South Africa had banned the sale of Alcohol and Cigarettes (I’m not a smoker) during lockdown. What’s the point of that, except to piss lots of people off and ruin the economy even further.

Did they ban it altogether, or just production of the items and selling them at liquor stores, both of which are unessential

jordanh

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm

T54A wrote:

One point might be that both - especially cigarettes - contribute to illness and, in some cases, a weaker immune system. After this is all over, it will be interesting to see how the infection vs. death rate compares between smokers (who already may have compromised lung function) and non-smokers.

CaptHadley

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:47 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Stupidest things I have seen? Trump's press conferences... he just rambles on, until he turns it over to someone who knows what they are talking about...

:roll:

Exactly, you know he means business when he trots out the My Pillow Guy. Are you f'n kidding me? You guys that worship drumpf, c'mon now, you guys are just messing with the rest of normal america right? Nobody in their right mind could be that stupid, could they? "Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce you to someone who I feel has a great understanding of this pandemic, my son in law Jacob, er Jerry Kershner, great kid, had one of those wood burning kits when he was younger"

"Gladys git in her, our leader has on the pillow guy, we'er saved! All we need to do is pray! That's it!"

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 pm

"Stupid things" or "Cluelessness"?
I have seen scores of people wearing face masks in a completely wrong way, not to mention several males with a fask mask on top of a full beard.

Braybuddy

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:05 pm

I haven't seen it, but I think it deserves a gold medal:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/ ... ers-a69870

Aesma

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:13 pm

jordanh wrote:
T54A wrote:

One point might be that both - especially cigarettes - contribute to illness and, in some cases, a weaker immune system. After this is all over, it will be interesting to see how the infection vs. death rate compares between smokers (who already may have compromised lung function) and non-smokers.

Yes and most people should be OK without alcohol for some time, but tobacco, it's a recipe for trouble.

ltbewr

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 pm

In the USA, it is allowing gun shops to be open as 'essential businesses' due to our 2nd Amendment, fear of politicians losing their next election if they shut them down.
As to sales of alcohol, generally they are being allowed in the USA out of economic necessity (taxes), in some states ownership of stores by small private owners, bars closed (people can drink at home), fear of those with alcoholism cut off and needing medical care from already overloaded hospitals.

scbriml

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:17 pm

Braybuddy wrote:

It doesn't seem to have worked for il papa in Italy. :duck:

Jalap

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:28 pm

scbriml wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

It doesn't seem to have worked for il papa in Italy. :duck:

I read recently (sorry, can't find the link anymore) that the highest mortality rate of the Spanish Infuenza was in a town where the preacher told the people that kissing the cross in the church was the best way to not get infected...

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:12 am

ltbewr wrote:
In the USA, it is allowing gun shops to be open as 'essential businesses' due to our 2nd Amendment, fear of politicians losing their next election if they shut them down.
As to sales of alcohol, generally they are being allowed in the USA out of economic necessity (taxes), in some states ownership of stores by small private owners, bars closed (people can drink at home), fear of those with alcoholism cut off and needing medical care from already overloaded hospitals.

What’s interesting is the number of gun sales, way, way up. Even in those areas not usually associated with ownership. I’m gonna love reading about idiots with guns. My BIL got his license, absolutely no clue how to shoot one at stationary target except for the state test in very controlled situation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... h-n1176451

rfields5421

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:27 am

I come from a gun family background. Don't own one. Only one I ever owned was a single shot 22 which I got for my 10th Christmas present. Gave it to a grandson when he turned 15.

My idea of self-defense is a battleship, and revenge a two aircraft carrier alpha strike. Massive overkill gets the message across.

But my son called last week and offered me two 9mm pistols, a 45 and a 12 gauge pump, and about a thousand rounds. Just in case.

Two brothers and a BIL called and asked if I needed any weapons. Said no thank you.

I do know how to use them, and can hit my target, though it's been at least six months since I've gone target shooting with my son.

CaptHadley

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:07 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

What’s interesting is the number of gun sales, way, way up. Even in those areas not usually associated with ownership. I’m gonna love reading about idiots with guns. My BIL got his license, absolutely no clue how to shoot one at stationary target except for the state test in very controlled situation.

Please, you think only new gun owners are going to be the idiots? You put any trained user of a firearm in a stressful situation and the bullets will be flying left and right. How many seasoned "professional" gun owners have accidentally shot themselves or another person, Youtube is a treasure trove of follies. The ones i'm deathly afraid of are the elderly people who own guns, those right there are the people who will kill someone by accident. If you're over 60 you need a vision test and gun qualification every year to be able to own a firearm. I realize that will make a few people on here a bit upset, you guys are old, I don't trust you behind the wheel of a vehicle let alone around a firearm that could possibly kill me or a loved one without proof you can handle either one.

stl07

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 am

CaptHadley wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Please, you think only new gun owners are going to be the idiots? You put any trained user of a firearm in a stressful situation and the bullets will be flying left and right. How many seasoned "professional" gun owners have accidentally shot themselves or another person, Youtube is a treasure trove of follies. The ones i'm deathly afraid of are the elderly people who own guns, those right there are the people who will kill someone by accident. If you're over 60 you need a vision test and gun qualification every year to be able to own a firearm. I realize that will make a few people on here a bit upset, you guys are old, I don't trust you behind the wheel of a vehicle let alone around a firearm that could possibly kill me or a loved one without proof you can handle either one.

Hmm, so hear in MO, which one could call a "guns state" even though it is no Texas/Mississippi where people with small dicks brandish their guns everywhere to make them feel powerful when they really are not, I've noticed that it's the older people who take their guns seriously and always make sure everyone is using them safely. It's the 16-21 demographic that I'm more scared of. The type that use their guns to rob stores to "look cool" in front of their delinquent friends or who threaten to shoot up the school after some kid didn't include them at a party.

CaptHadley

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:25 am

Apples to oranges. Your local hood rat/gang banger, i'm willing to bet, isn't the registered owner of the gun he's toting. And I can almost assure you if you run that gun it will come back stolen. How was it stolen? If it was because of a house break in, that tells me the registered owner of the gun was irresponsible.

T18

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Saw a woman (I assume the mother) with 5 kids on a walk, she was wearing a face mask the kids were not and one was walking along side and behind fully in the street. Made me wonder why she felt she needed a mask but the kids are fine and also who it seemed she didn't notice one kid trying to get kid by cars.

I also can't help but roll my eyes at the folk moaning they have nothing to do with their time while posting pictures with an absolute mess of a home in the background.

cskok8

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Ads for cheap cruises?

Erebus

Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 pm

DL717
Topic Author

Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Like ignoring posts that actually explore possible solutions to the crisis we’re in instead of the usual whinging? Pot, meet kettle.

There’s more to do in life than sit here all day on a.net.

TangoandCash

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:05 pm

Emails from every company I've ever done business with (and some I haven't) on "how we're responding to Covid-19". It's good to know that airlines are wiping down tray tables, but shouldn't they have been doing that all along?!?!?

ArchGuy1

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Also saw people gathering to see cherry blossoms in Washington, DC, gathering in parks across America, packing the beach in Florida and California, and a huge crowd of people gathering on the Hudson in Manhattan to see a giant hospital ship arriving in New York City.

ltbewr

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:23 pm

TangoandCash wrote:
Emails from every company I've ever done business with (and some I haven't) on "how we're responding to Covid-19". It's good to know that airlines are wiping down tray tables, but shouldn't they have been doing that all along?!?!?

I wish that all 'junk' snail mail and e-mails will go away for now. Getting a paper bill fine (and that could be eliminated going to on-line billing) but I hate with a passion daily junk mail for life insurance, menus from local takeaway pizza places, e-mailed ads from stores like Macy's, Kohl's.

Revelation

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:17 pm

What is stupid is that Drumph is making GWB look like a genius:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george- ... d=69979013

Didn't think I'd live long enough to have any respect for W, but Drumph has lowered the bar soooo much...

ER757

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:21 pm

N583JB wrote:
I have two coworkers who are convinced that COVID is fake and is a massive government conspiracy. One even posted about throwing a "Corona party" when our state issued a stay-at-home order. My employer is taking COVID very seriously, and I threatened to turn this person in to his boss if he continued to share his idiocy and advocate for breaking the law on Facebook. He has stopped for now but still posts angry Facebook posts about how fake all of this is.

I know two people who think the opposite of a government conspiracy - they are sure it's the "left wing media" that is making it up in order to torpedo Trump's chances for re-election.
I guess all those dead people are fake too :sarcastic:

TTailedTiger

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 am

Aesma wrote:

Then why was he being harassed? If he wasn't doing anything wrong, leave the guy alone. It's a shame that minding one's own business is such a challenge.

KFTG

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:39 am

In between solicitations for donations so he can pay his Gulfstream lease, Kenneth Copeland has apparently found the cure for COVID-19: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48561.html.

Pat Robertson is also on the case and has found the root cause of the disease (you guessed it!) -- cunnilingus! And the mere existence and acceptance of gay people. https://qnews.com.au/forget-science-pre ... -covid-19/

scbriml

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:00 am

KFTG wrote:
In between solicitations for donations so he can pay his Gulfstream lease, Kenneth Copeland has apparently found the cure for COVID-19: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48561.html.

Pat Robertson is also on the case and has found the root cause of the disease (you guessed it!) -- cunnilingus! And the mere existence and acceptance of gay people. https://qnews.com.au/forget-science-pre ... -covid-19/

It seems idiocy knows no limits. :banghead:

Ignoring the sheer idiocy, good to see the White House setting a great example on social distancing (assuming current photo).

KFTG

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 am

Sorry scbriml, that photo was back when COVID-19 was a hoax.

scbriml

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am

KFTG wrote:
Sorry scbriml, that photo was back when COVID-19 was a hoax.

My bad! :lol:

Aesma

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:59 am

Going to Mardi Gras to "wash the sins" of people : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52157824

Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras

tommy1808

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 am

T18 wrote:
Saw a woman (I assume the mother) with 5 kids on a walk, she was wearing a face mask the kids were not and one was walking along side and behind fully in the street. Made me wonder why she felt she needed a mask but the kids are fine.

Maybe she had a caugh/sneeze ... and depending on the kid age it might be hard to get them to stop touching it/their faces.

The kid in the street however.....

Best regards
Thomas

KFTG

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:12 am

Aesma wrote:
Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras

Now that's just a damn shame now, isn't it?

KFTG

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:17 am

A Tiger has tested positive for COVID-19; so nice to see that animals are able to get tested.
Human f*cking beings, on the other hand, are SOL.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 am

The Institute for Public Affairs, that unelected think-tank in Australia that decides policy for all of us has decided that the lockdown restrictions are too harsh:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 184e48748a

Yes, all the better not have restrictions and have loads of people sick or dead. Someone lock that guy away. We've all got to do our bit. None of us are happy, our lives are different now but eventually we'll get through this. No thanks to the idiots like those at the IPA.

Good to see the entitlement mentality is still alive and well at the IPA. Quote:

“Do it safely with appropriate social distancing measures in place, but do it now, not in six months, not in one month. Now, because Australians were not meant to live like this, and we cannot allow this to go on any longer,”

Oh, what a poor little petal! How on earth did people survive being bombed in London during WW2 with the threats of V1 and V2 weapons and huge bombing raids, how would this clown manage that?

seb146

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Everyone stop panicking and do whatever you want

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48561.html

Kenneth Copeland blew into the TV camera and we are all cured!

scbriml

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:56 pm

seb146 wrote:
Everyone stop panicking and do whatever you want

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48561.html

Kenneth Copeland blew into the TV camera and we are all cured!

Praise the lord! Allelujah! Can I get an amen? Call now to donate so I can fill up my Gulfstream: 1-800-SUCKERS.

How many gullible people are there?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:14 pm

This is so stupid that it actually made me laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfolJv6Kx8