Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1
Topic Author

Poll Americans turning against trump

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:33 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /23973674/

I am not surprised that this is happening, this has been a terrible time for this country with the confusion and backtracking and the lack of leadership is appalling to me, never mind the sickness and the death count.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

TheFlyingDisk

Re: Poll Americans turning against trump

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:59 am

Polls mean nothing. Actions do.

No point saying you don't like Trump but in the end he is sworn in for his second term next January.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Polls mean nothing. Actions do.

No point saying you don't like Trump but in the end he is sworn in for his second term next January.

A poll can change overnight, no question, who said otherwise, but at this time in this fiasco it is an indication. I think trump likes polls when they favor him, who would not? This one does not. As the old military saying goes this is a Cluster F. and this poll just maybe indicating people think it is also. I guess you have a Crystal Ball making a prediction like that. When the polls start favoring him, please let us know. Maybe Fox News can run one for him, and then again maybe they do not want to because there is some truth to this polls numbers. You know how the Master Blaster likes the truth. Let us know please as soon as you see one favoring the Master of you folks about this issue of sickness and death and the way it is being handled.

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 am

It's easy to favor someone when free money is promised to you. It makes even the most die hard, small government conservative a fan of government. It makes the most liberal of progressives a temporary Trump fan. But once the ecstasy of a check fades, it will reveal that:

1. Covid-19 is still wreaking havoc in many states. Curve is flattening in many places, but vigilance is still needed before daily life can resume.
2. Many stores and venues are still closed (or at limited capacity), so where is that check gonna be spent?
3. The federal government has fumbled the ball massively when it comes to a response and ensuring hard hit states are well prepared.
4. People being laid off or furloughed left and right, and that stimulus check does nothing to ease the pain.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

TTailedTiger

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:14 am

The polls all had Hillary winning. But I know people rarely ever learn from their past mistakes. I'm sure the left will cook up another Boogeyman that stole the election from them.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:15 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
It's easy to favor someone when free money is promised to you. It makes even the most die hard, small government conservative a fan of government. It makes the most liberal of progressives a temporary Trump fan. But once the ecstasy of a check fades, it will reveal that:

1. Covid-19 is still wreaking havoc in many states. Curve is flattening in many places, but vigilance is still needed before daily life can resume.
2. Many stores and venues are still closed (or at limited capacity), so where is that check gonna be spent?
3. The federal government has fumbled the ball massively when it comes to a response and ensuring hard hit states are well prepared.
4. People being laid off or furloughed left and right, and that stimulus check does nothing to ease the pain.

Well said and a dose of reality which we know is not what the great leader deals in. :checkmark:

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:20 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
The polls all had Hillary winning. But I know people rarely ever learn from their past mistakes. I'm sure the left will cook up another Boogeyman that stole the election from them.

Another predictor of the future, like the predictors of Hillary winning, beware the same fate befalling the great liar. She was as crooked as a Rams horn, but I will stack her lies against this master liar any day. He has buried us in them in just three long painful years and makes Hillary or anyone else seem honest compared.

TTailedTiger

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:27 am

WarRI1 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Another predictor of the future, like the predictors of Hillary winning, beware the same fate befalling the great liar. She was as crooked as a Rams horn, but I will stack her lies against this master liar any day. He has buried us in them in just three long painful years and makes Hillary or anyone else seem honest compared.

Oh ok. Well it's certainly been a comfortable bed of lies. Life with Trump was awesome in the US up until the Wuhan Virus was released on us.

Aaron747

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:33 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Oh ok. Well it's certainly been a comfortable bed of lies. Life with Trump was awesome in the US up until the Wuhan Virus was released on us.

Depends on where, boomer. Life here in the California wine country has always been awesome, with or without any POTUS.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

TTailedTiger

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Depends on where, boomer. Life here in the California wine country has always been awesome, with or without any POTUS.

Boomer? What a tired insult. It's also quite inappropriate since I'm 30.

Aaron747

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Claim what you wanna claim, the original point stands.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Newark727

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:55 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

This phrasing is very revealing. "was released on us" not only implies that no one in the United States was involved or could have done anything about it, but also that there must be someone else to pin the blame on. I'm reminded of the old Peanuts strip where Lucy is running around yelling "FIND A SCAPEGOAT!" Sure, plenty of people outside the country have a share of the responsibility for COVID-19 spreading as far as it has, but the virus is here now, it's on us to deal with it, and ultimately we have to hold the leaders of the United States responsible for the welfare of the people of the United States. Harry Truman had a card on his desk that said "the buck stops here." Is Trump willing to say the same? Has he ever been?

tommy1808

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:58 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
The polls all had Hillary winning..

really.. that nonsense... still.... the consolidated polls gave Trump a 28.6% chance of winning, which is obviously impossible if the polls all had her winning. Trumps performance was entirely within the margins of error of the polling. But i actually quite like Trumpistas believing polls are fake and Trump wins regardless.... makes it more likely they have something better to do.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

tommy1808

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Claim what you wanna claim, the original point stands.

well.. they say you are as old as you feel, so a 30 year old boomer would be no surprise.

Newark727 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

This phrasing is very revealing. "was released on us" not only implies that no one in the United States was involved or could have done anything about it, but also that there must be someone else to pin the blame on. I'm reminded of the old Peanuts strip where Lucy is running around yelling "FIND A SCAPEGOAT!" Sure, plenty of people outside the country have a share of the responsibility for COVID-19 spreading as far as it has, but the virus is here now, it's on us to deal with it, and ultimately we have to hold the leaders of the United States responsible for the welfare of the people of the United States. Harry Truman had a card on his desk that said "the buck stops here." Is Trump willing to say the same? Has he ever been?

They need to deflect from the fact that Trump is responsible for 90+ percent of all US dead regardless of how many people die in the US.

best regards
Thomas

TTailedTiger

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 am

We shall see what happens. A quick-witted and show stopping incumbent vs someone who can hide his own Easter eggs this Sunday.

Newark727

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:29 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
We shall see what happens. A quick-witted and show stopping incumbent vs someone who can hide his own Easter eggs this Sunday.

If you ever needed proof that Trump support was a cult of personality, well... here you go.

ltbewr

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:31 am

In any real world situation, Trump should lose re-election badly in November from the current view but there are many variables that can still mean he can win.

As many know, it isn't the gross total national vote that wins, it is the Electoral College (EC) vote, that is how Trump won. Will Biden (or whoever is the D's candidate) win the EC vote. Trump win very narrowly in 3 states, Wisconsin, Michigan & Pennsylvania to win the EC vote, but it could turn this time with Biden winning those 3 states and those also won by Hillary Clinton and have the big EC vote numbers. That is the likely scenario that favors Biden. Still there are potential factors that can affect the vote. Many, like with Clinton, not happy with Biden as the party's candidate and not voting at all or for 3rd party candidate. Fears of Covid-19 are still strong, there is another 'stay at home' order, limiting the turnout, Republican controlled 'purple' states limiting the use of vote by mail or other policies that target limiting the vote of likely Democratic candidate voters. Some stupid last minute sensational disclosure (like HRC's e-mail issues). One fear I have is another Florida 2000 Bush v. Gore mess where it comes down to 1 state and the party that controls that state making decisions favorable to their candidate. There are other scenarios too but very unlikely.

This years elections are going to be unlike any since those during the Civil War over 155 years ago. Usual campaigning is unlikely to occur as no 'cure' or vaccine and the possibility of a 2nd wave of infections. Likely TV ads will be the main form of campaigning. You have for now two terribly flawed candidates. We have a very narrowly divided likely voter base. Many will support Trump for his strong anti-illegal immigrant, anti-tax, anti-government, pro-business views will many will support Biden as somewhat a 'moderate' as to key issues that will attract some White independent voters. Will non-White voters turn out for Biden or face roadblocks to be able to vote. If the numbers of dead from Covid-19 by election day are lower than estimates and closer to usual flu outbreaks, many may say that Trump was right and the Democrats were wrong in causing a near depression and vote for him.

This will be a very interesting election and I hope that Biden wins for the overall good of the country as it isn't just him winning, but his appointments in the Supreme Court, cabinet and other appointments like to have a robust infectious disease agency that will be critical for the country going forward.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:37 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

more like,

"I broke my promises, betrayed my friends & used my office to help my family, but, hey -- at least I'm not Hillary!" vs Mighty Joe,

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:45 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

She did win, it's just your daft undemocratic electoral college system that denied her the presidency.

casinterest

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:22 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

These things are all true.
For a full measure, I still use the below grouping of polls. I still don't think they weight the polls correctly, but the trend currently gives Trump his lowest disapproval rating in years. We will see how it changes as this virus and lockdown continue.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
Where ever you go, there you are.

bmartino99

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 pm

I think Trump knew exactly what he was doing with his COVID-19 response. He was definitely in one of those "between a rock and a hard place" situations. Had he taken steps to lock down the country back in January or February he would have undoubtedly alienated his base that got him elected in the first place. Even with locking down the country in January, most left leaning voters wouldn't switch to voting for him come November and he would have lost his base. Trump knows he needs more than his base to win another election, and so his only course of action is to try to push the restart of the country as soon as possible to get the economy on the right track again and win those swing votes he needs.

cairns

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:58 pm

"really.. that nonsense... still.... the consolidated polls gave Trump a 28.6% chance of winning,"

Do you have a source for that?

tommy1808

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:07 pm

cairns wrote:
"really.. that nonsense... still.... the consolidated polls gave Trump a 28.6% chance of winning,"

Do you have a source for that?

My first thought would be "the polls", but sure:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/

You can see, there was never any polling guaranteeing Hilary would win.

Best regards
Thomas

casinterest

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:28 pm

This article will not help Trump much going forward.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics ... index.html

DeGette said that the decision to award 100 ventilators followed a tortured process after the state's delegation and Democratic Gov. Jared Polis had been asking for 10,000 ventilators.
But while they were waiting for an answer from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Polis reached a deal with a private company for 500 ventilators to be sent to the state. Once FEMA got word of the state deal, the federal agency stepped in to prevent that contract from going through so it could acquire the ventilators instead, Polis said on CNN last week.
Gardner then called Trump on Tuesday night, and the President tweeted Wednesday that the state would get 100 ventilators from the federal stockpile at the Republican senator's request. Gardner is one of the most vulnerable Republican senators up for reelection.

DL717

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

She did win, it's just your daft undemocratic electoral college system that denied her the presidency.

We’re a nation of States with limited sovereignty among said States. Nothing daft about it.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

bgm

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm

DL717 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

We’re a nation of States with limited sovereignty among said States. Nothing daft about it.

It most certainly is when one candidate gets more than 3 million votes, yet the other 'wins'.
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

afcjets

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:57 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/08/new-yahoo-newsyougov-coronavirus-poll-shows-americans-turning-against-trump/23973674/

I am not surprised that this is happening, this has been a terrible time for this country with the confusion and backtracking and the lack of leadership is appalling to me, never mind the sickness and the death count.

Could you imagine how the media would be so in awe over the amazing job Michelle Obama was doing if this happened under her watch and she did the exact same thing? It's unbelievable how she got those hospitals up and running so fast, and how the ship got to LA even ahead of schedule!

EstherLouise

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Biden is ahead in the polls by roughly 8%. I find it amusing that the Trumpsters claim all polls are useless because of Trump winning despite Clinton showing a lead. The polls were right. A lot of Clinton fans simply chose not to vote.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:08 pm

DL717 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

If the electoral college was proportional not winner takes all (like a couple of the states now have) the outcome would be a much better reflation of the will of the people than what you have today.

afcjets

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:03 pm

EstherLouise wrote:
Biden is ahead in the polls by roughly 8%. I find it amusing that the Trumpsters claim all polls are useless because of Trump winning despite Clinton showing a lead. The polls were right. A lot of Clinton fans simply chose not to vote.

They must not have been big fans of hers then.

Aaron747

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:11 pm

afcjets wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

They must not have been big fans of hers then.

The 44% of eligible voters who didn’t vote weren’t big fans of either HRC or DJT.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
If the electoral college was proportional not winner takes all (like a couple of the states now have) the outcome would be a much better reflation of the will of the people than what you have today.

Agree, but at the same time, it requires the votes to be weighed equally. For example, CA has 66x WY's population, so while WY gets one seat, CA needs 66 seats in the House (which equals to 68 EC votes). The current system has bigger states to be underrepresented (grouping up to 700k per EC vote) vs small states (which group people in the low 200k per EC vote).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

AirWorthy99

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Only that the Democratic party, selects their nominee for president exactly like the electoral college system, even worse, the Democrats have 'super delegates' un-elected group of people that have more power than the regular democrat voter. So even those who want to abolish the electoral college system can't even use a more 'democratic' way of selecting their own nominee for president.

If you remove the electoral college, you will potentially have the electoral college of the democrat party selecting presidents.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

casinterest

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Cowardly Trump and Pence are censoring the media, and blocking officials for appearing on interviews.

Looks like Putin's buddies have got down the pravda line.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/media/pe ... index.html

Vice President Mike Pence's office has declined to allow the nation's top health officials to appear on CNN in recent days and discuss the coronavirus pandemic killing thousands of Americans, in an attempt to pressure the network into carrying the White House's lengthy daily briefings in full.

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Only that the Democratic party, selects their nominee for president exactly like the electoral college system, even worse, the Democrats have 'super delegates' un-elected group of people that have more power than the regular democrat voter. So even those who want to abolish the electoral college system can't even use a more 'democratic' way of selecting their own nominee for president.

If you remove the electoral college, you will potentially have the electoral college of the democrat party selecting presidents.

Who said anything about removing the electoral college, all I said was change from winner takes all to proportional. How the parties select there candidates is irrelevant to the Presidential election.

PixelPilot

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:21 pm

How did I miss this thread LOL.

Do you realize that you behave EXACTLY like the man you all claim you hate rofl?
I mean it is almost a mirror performance.

The only difference he is not pretending who he is yet all you cry foul while fouling.
I love this. Like the real darkside lol. Fueled by hate. Talk about love and compassion huh?

USA needs a independent party. Kid you not.
People like myself are stuck listening to the same crap coming from both ends.

BN747

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Who said anything about removing the electoral college, all I said was change from winner takes all to proportional. How the parties select there candidates is irrelevant to the Presidential election.

"winner takes all to proportional." means "remove the electoral college" to hard denial conservatives, as their leader said 2 days ago 'If everyone can vote, the GOP cannot win"
So they see the electoral college as the only conduit to overcome 'proportional vote accounting'

Example: One of them said here the other day..."All States Matter" and left it at that. I countered with 'so then that means all of the voters in each state must then 'also count'..as in the individual vote is even more important because they are the state.

Of course, I received no reply. How can states matter but not the states voters -wth kind of logic is that.

PixelPilot wrote:

Do you realize that you behave EXACTLY like the man you all claim you hate rofl?

The only difference he is not pretending who he is yet all you cry foul while fouling.
I love this. Like the real darkside lol. Fueled by hate. Talk about love and compassion huh?

Boy the stupid God (Fox News) is working overtime during this coronavirus period...

Selling 'Both Sidersm' like corona masks.

What liberal is running around lying with each breath, advocating elimination of safety/protective regulations, lining up scams for healthcare/pharma industries to 'own us' medically, hating gays, trans-individuals, immigrants, on and on.

Factual History clearly shows where each party has been and their snail trails leading to now.
The only legs Both Siderism has is the fact politicians on each side lie..they do so because we want them to.

Why? Because we all do it to. Lie to GF, BF, wife, husband, in laws, kids (especially) it is almost as lying is an innate characteristic of most humans in any given situation.
But most people go no further than the innocuous omissions (I'm divorced [but don't mention it's not final] or I work there 3 years before switching companies [I was fired] and the lies you tell kids about god/jesus/santa etc.

But in the political realm, the lies come armed, they carry power and have effect. Wide spread effects...and both siderism arguments are based on discovering your belief about 'your side' was based on pure BS. So you assuage the embarrassing hurt by claiming both sides 'do it' in attempt to sit in the bleachers and 'play' neutral bro all of a sudden.

If both sides are a like..who then in the history of the United States has acted like trump, you have 44 choices, not pick one that was a liberal.

If the 'both sides' is valid, this should be a piece of cake.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Newark727

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:08 pm

PixelPilot wrote:

"There is no difference between locking migrant children in cages, and getting angry at locking migrant children in cages." - a smart person, whose insights are relevant

PixelPilot

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:17 pm

BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

"winner takes all to proportional." means "remove the electoral college" to hard denial conservatives, as their leader said 2 days ago 'If everyone can vote, the GOP cannot win"
So they see the electoral college as the only conduit to overcome 'proportional vote accounting'

Example: One of them said here the other day..."All States Matter" and left it at that. I countered with 'so then that means all of the voters in each state must then 'also count'..as in the individual vote is even more important because they are the state.

Of course, I received no reply. How can states matter but not the states voters -wth kind of logic is that.

PixelPilot wrote:

Boy the stupid God (Fox News) is working overtime during this coronavirus period...

Selling 'Both Sidersm' like corona masks.

What liberal is running around lying with each breath, advocating elimination of safety/protective regulations, lining up scams for healthcare/pharma industries to 'own us' medically, hating gays, trans-individuals, immigrants, on and on.

Factual History clearly shows where each party has been and their snail trails leading to now.
The only legs Both Siderism has is the fact politicians on each side lie..they do so because we want them to.

Why? Because we all do it to. Lie to GF, BF, wife, husband, in laws, kids (especially) it is almost as lying is an innate characteristic of most humans in any given situation.
But most people go no further than the innocuous omissions (I'm divorced [but don't mention it's not final] or I work there 3 years before switching companies [I was fired] and the lies you tell kids about god/jesus/santa etc.

But in the political realm, the lies come armed, they carry power and have effect. Wide spread effects...and both siderism arguments are based on discovering your belief about 'your side' was based on pure BS. So you assuage the embarrassing hurt by claiming both sides 'do it' in attempt to sit in the bleachers and 'play' neutral bro all of a sudden.

If both sides are a like..who then in the history of the United States has acted like trump, you have 44 choices, not pick one that was a liberal.

If the 'both sides' is valid, this should be a piece of cake.

BN747

What is really stupid is that you brought FOX to this.
That’s your opening statement.
Also the problem with everything you said is that you took certain issues that suit your agenda and want me to refer to them specifically while I never mentioned any specific instances of bullshit by either side in this case. All I said is that you talk like the man you hate. I mean you proved me right in your first statement. You’re on the other cult that you do your best to insult trump supporters. You’re on the side of the haters. It’s quite simple actually.

And my point on 3rd party was to give this country something else to chose from so we don’t have to be stuck in this bipolar degradation of brain cells listening to haters like yourself no matter which side they are on.

And what is so hard for you to understand that some people would love to have somebody implementing things / ideologies taken from both Democratic and Republican parties?
Last edited by PixelPilot on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm

PixelPilot wrote:

I wish we had a third party it would solve the fringe problem for sure.
I am the Googlizer!!!

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 pm

casinterest wrote:
Cowardly Trump and Pence are censoring the media, and blocking officials for appearing on interviews.

Vice President Mike Pence's office has declined to allow the nation's top health officials to appear on CNN in recent days and discuss the coronavirus pandemic killing thousands of Americans, in an attempt to pressure the network into carrying the White House's lengthy daily briefings in full.

omg, I thought they were reporting the full lengthy briefing. I mean it seemed like two hours, listening to Trump go on and on.

PixelPilot

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
casinterest wrote:

omg, I thought they were reporting the full lengthy briefing. I mean it seemed like two hours, listening to Trump go on and on.

Isn’t the briefing the time for them to speak? After that back to work not waste time on tv shows.
They have a problem to solve. Can’t blame Pence for that.

rfields5421

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 pm

1) Re: Poll - for every poll that shows a decrease of support there is one showing an increase of support. The only polls which matters happens November 3rd. All the rest are just hot air.

2) CNN and carrying the briefings live.

Let's see Fox News and Trump railed that carrying the impeachment trail arguments live was biased and a waste of air-time letting the public hear exactly what was being said vs listening to Hannity and various other spin. That was important - to summarize what was being said.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. I'm sorry, I've watched the full brief live several times. Repeat of 90% of what is said day by day.

What they are really upset about is that carrying President Trump live only gives views a chance to fully understand how incoherent and inconsistent he is. The Republican party wants you to hear the 'corrected' version, not from the horse's mouth.
Not all who wander are lost.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Isn’t the briefing the time for them to speak? After that back to work not waste time on tv shows.

it's causing Trump's ratings to slip, hence the title of this thread.

PixelPilot

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

it's causing Trump's ratings to slip, hence the title of this thread.

It only depends who is printing the ratings.
According to this Jo slipped 9 points in last month.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... hite-house

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:46 pm

If Trump wants to raise his rating he needs to leave the briefings to the experts and stop using that time to blame everyone but his administration. Pence is a lot better at this than Trump.

PixelPilot

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:48 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
If Trump wants to raise his rating he needs to leave the briefings to the experts and stop using that time to blame everyone but his administration. Pence is a lot better at this than Trump.

True. I just think that not much will change as long as Joe is technically a Dem nominee.
Once they start rolling all those clips with Joe weirdly touching kids they won't even have to say much. This alone will test dem support base on how far are they willing to look the other way.
Zealots on both sides are solid, but all those moms and regular people will vote for the one that makes them feel sick less.

I also think Joe is only a placeholder for the real candidate. No way DNC is banking on him.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 am

afcjets wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/08/new-yahoo-newsyougov-coronavirus-poll-shows-americans-turning-against-trump/23973674/

Could you imagine how the media would be so in awe over the amazing job Michelle Obama was doing if this happened under her watch and she did the exact same thing? It's unbelievable how she got those hospitals up and running so fast, and how the ship got to LA even ahead of schedule!

All other points aside for now, why and how do you devotees determine media, is not the Bible of you folks media?? Is it only media when they support Liberal Interests? I have asked this at least a dozen times with no answer yet, what is Fox News, the Bible? This is an absurd situation with you guys from the Right. Please define Media in your world. what the hell is it?

seb146

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:29 am

I think people are now seeing a much faster lie factor than before. When it was him correcting his lies over a year or two, people forgot. Now, we are seeing him correct his lies day by day. Remember when the covid19 came to the United States, he said "we only have 10 cases (lie) and we will have zero by next week" and then the numbers shot up quickly. He never said anything about those lies but added to those lies that "anyone can get tested any time" but people are still begging to get tested. Just keep posting facts and we will finally have an adult in the White House.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 am

seb146 wrote:
I think people are now seeing a much faster lie factor than before. When it was him correcting his lies over a year or two, people forgot. Now, we are seeing him correct his lies day by day. Remember when the covid19 came to the United States, he said "we only have 10 cases (lie) and we will have zero by next week" and then the numbers shot up quickly. He never said anything about those lies but added to those lies that "anyone can get tested any time" but people are still begging to get tested. Just keep posting facts and we will finally have an adult in the White House.

Gee! that is almost as bad as Obama saying you can keep your own Doctor. Hmm! On second thought trumps words are far worse, trumps words and empty promises probably cost people their lives and yet the Republicans scourged Obama for saying what he said. Hypocrisy should be a sin, lying sure is and the Devotees sure are good at both. trumps devotees if you not get the point.