Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1
Topic Author

Private Haven receives 2 million dollar SBA Loan while others are cut off

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24104903/

Consider me skeptical about this wealthy Private Haven for the special people getting a Small Business Loan AKA SBA which is supposed to help small businesses, not wealthy enclaves. I ask, could it also be Obama's fault ? Is this also the community that had every one on the island tested while others including healthcare workers could not get tested elsewhere?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Re: Private Haven receives 2 million dollar SBA Loan while others are cut off

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:39 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24102756/

Notice above, the people on the wealthy Island had no problem getting tested and the 2 million dollar loan while this woman who was a healthcare worker is dead, DEAD.

Aaron747

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:42 am

Par for the course - two months into the US crisis, and the wealthy are still getting tested as-needed while HCW and the general public get the runaround. Wealth is the only true privilege.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:48 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Par for the course - two months into the US crisis, and the wealthy are still getting tested as-needed while HCW and the general public get the runaround. Wealth is the only true privilege.

I cannot wait for the replies from our friends on the right defending this scandalous obscene behavior. When you lay down like a rug you get footprints on your face. Somebody once said, it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

PPVRA

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 am

The residents voted to reject the aid:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 76216.html
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

rfields5421

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 am

A small business in the US is defined as less than 500 employees, and $7.5 million per year in non-manufacturing income. There are some adjustments in the definitions for different industries. The average two or three store fast food franchisee is a small business.

The loan was not to the rich and wealthy residents. It went to the community association that pays people to mow the grass, clean the pool and other such jobs. How much do those people get paid?

Now personally from a PR stand point, it is a stupid move. The association members/ home owners certainly pay plenty of money to maintain the island common resources, and it's not like anyone of them are missing paychecks, and the association cannot keep everyone on the payroll and working.

Lawn mowing is not a group activity.

(Might be wrong about the resident's incomes - many 'rich' people are seeing a life of hard work to build a business going down the drain toward bankruptcy right now. Goodness knows a lot of 'right living' people are leveraged to the hilt with huge debt loads. A bare week away from bankruptcy.)

As bad as the concept sounds, Mar-A-Lago might qualify as a small business.
Not all who wander are lost.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 am

PPVRA wrote:

They were still approved to get the loan, I do not give a damn about the them voting not to receive it. They are noble people, wow, the salt of the earth. It was the System, cannot you not see the corruption and favoritism in that?

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:16 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/25/detroit-health-care-worker-dies-after-being-denied-coronavirus-test-4-times-daughter-says/24102756/

Notice above, the people on the wealthy Island had no problem getting tested and the 2 million dollar loan while this woman who was a healthcare worker is dead, DEAD.

To all the apologists out there, I thought I would quote myself, totally ignored of course about this same group of noble island dwelling people who all were tested while this woman is dead because she unlike they could not get tested, do you see, do you see?

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:22 am

well, I have a small business, I applied and got approved and was told the check was in the mail. Then I got a letter saying they ran out of money.
I only applied for my employees. So they could get a paycheck. I had 55 gigs cancel within 2 hours of the strip closing. I have 4 employee's and I could only keep one busy.
We have had 5 gigs in six weeks. My loan was for 15k Why wouldn't they give the small loans to most companies? instead, they gave loans to large multinational companies for 10 million each and ran out. I am pretty sure they priorities it from most money to the least amount of money. My employees have yet to see 600 a week promised for unemployment. I feel terrible responsible, but there is nothing I can do. The gigs just aren't there until they open up the strip. I just hope they finally get unemployment. Not sure what the hang up with that all about as well.

seahawk

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:06 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/25/private-haven-for-wealthy-received-dollar2m-from-small-business-loan-program/24104903/

Consider me skeptical about this wealthy Private Haven for the special people getting a Small Business Loan AKA SBA which is supposed to help small businesses, not wealthy enclaves. I ask, could it also be Obama's fault ? Is this also the community that had every one on the island tested while others including healthcare workers could not get tested elsewhere?

1. they sure have premium health insurance and deserve to be treated best
2. the money is to keep the minions preforming the lowly tasks for the community paid

That is the American way.

PPVRA

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:47 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
PPVRA wrote:

They were still approved to get the loan, I do not give a damn about the them voting not to receive it. They are noble people, wow, the salt of the earth. It was the System, cannot you not see the corruption and favoritism in that?

Most likely, this fell through the cracks. But if you want to make nasty accusations you need to back them up.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

marcelh

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:53 pm

seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/25/private-haven-for-wealthy-received-dollar2m-from-small-business-loan-program/24104903/

2. the money is to keep the minions preforming the lowly tasks for the community paid

American way? It’s applicable for all Third World countries...

rfields5421

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:28 pm

PPVRA wrote:
Most likely, this fell through the cracks. But if you want to make nasty accusations you need to back them up.

There have been several articles recently about how this thing works, and how the system is so automatic. One I liked is https://abcnews.go.com/Business/inside-paycheck-protection-program-race/story?id=70330643&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

Customers of small banks without extensive on-line IT units have had to enter the loan application data manually for each customer wanting a loan. The submitting bank is the ONLY gateway. At the federal level, all the process is automatic. Big major banks had the individual loan officers processing the application and the software to automatically converted it to the submission format. Smaller banks had to bring in their people in the middle of the night and spend 10 to 15 minutes on-line manually inputting data into an already overcrowded server gateway. Often being kicked off line right in the middle of the process.

Once the loan application hit the federal system, it was a FIFO process. First application that was correctly formatted got approved, then the second, etc. No filtering for amounts, size of the company, etc. $349 billion was gone in less than 13 days, and thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of loans were 'in the que' and there was no money left.

Round two of $310 billion starts Monday, and you can be sure a lot of banks have the applications ready to input into the federal system the second the gateway opens. Though at least $60 billion of this round is earmarked to smaller banks, so their customers should get more relief this time.

Daughter-in-law works for a major US bank. Some small customers did not have the paperwork completed until the third day of the first application cycle. That meant the line/ que for their customers was already so full of applications they likely did not get a loan.

If a small business wants a loan for round two - their application had better already be in their bank, and through all their bank approval process. The data already prepared for submission. Many banks were open Saturday and Sunday with loan departments fully staffed to help customers get the applications completed and processed.

Starting the process when the program opens tomorrow (Monday, 4/27) will likely be too late.
Not all who wander are lost.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:55 am

PPVRA wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
PPVRA wrote:

Why don't you read the paper or the link provided,nasty accusations, my ass.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:57 am

seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I have no way to answer such a reply, trolling? rubbing it in? or the truth about this corrupt system we have.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:02 am

marcelh wrote:
seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

American way? It’s applicable for all Third World countries...

:checkmark: No question, because we are there already, with these bozo's in charge. We have heard of rule by Fiat, we are now ruled by lies and distortions and corruption these days and some on here seem to love it. Not I, I have just average intelligence, but!!!!!! ;)

seahawk

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 am

WarRI1 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I have no way to answer such a reply, trolling? rubbing it in? or the truth about this corrupt system we have.

It has always been said, the USA has the best health system in the world, for those who can pay for it. It always has been the case that you set up a firm for some minimum wage earners to perform lowly tasks for you, you become an investor, entrepreneur and job creator and as such deserve government support and the respect of society.

seb146

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 am

seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

It has always been said, the USA has the best health system in the world, for those who can pay for it. It always has been the case that you set up a firm for some minimum wage earners to perform lowly tasks for you, you become an investor, entrepreneur and job creator and as such deserve government support and the respect of society.

And can legally shaft the American tax payer (that is you and me) and not pay anything back because the American businesses are losing money now but where solvent before covid-19 and need money so give these people (businesses) money so the board and executives can get huge bonuses. It is the American way, after all. Give to the poor wealthy people who have so very little now but forget what they had before.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

marcelh

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:56 am

seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

And can legally shaft the American tax payer (that is you and me) and not pay anything back because the American businesses are losing money now but where solvent before covid-19 and need money so give these people (businesses) money so the board and executives can get huge bonuses. It is the American way, after all. Give to the poor wealthy people who have so very little now but forget what they had before.....

privatize profits, socialize losses....