Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mortyman
Topic Author

Donald Trump asks the Nobel Committee to revoke awards to journalists

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:08 pm

US President Donald Trump again attacks journalists, asking the Nobel Committee to demand back prices.

Early afternoon American time, Trump launched a tirade on Twitter against the press. In several reports, he is demanding that the Nobel Committee revoke awards given to journalists who have worked on Trump and Russia.

Trump consistently misspells the award as "Noble" - not "Nobel" - and it is also possible that he confuses the Nobel Prize with the Pulitzer Prize, which is a US journalist award. Journalist awards are not awarded in the name of the Nobel, so the Nobel committees in Stockholm and Oslo have no awards to revoke

Donald Trump has more than suggested that he is eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize himself ....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

When will all of the “reporters” who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side who committed the crimes), be turning back their cherished “Nobles” so that they can be given....

8:37 PM - Apr 26, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

47.5K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 3h

Replying to @realDonaldTrump
....to the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right. I can give the Committee a very comprehensive list. When will the Noble Committee DEMAND the Prizes back, especially since they were gotten under fraud? The reporters and Lamestream Media knew the truth all along....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....Lawsuits should be brought against all, including the Fake News Organizations, to rectify this terrible injustice. For all of the great lawyers out there, do we have any takers? When will the Noble Committee Act? Better be fast!

8:37 PM - Apr 26, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

25.4K people are talking about this

https://www.dn.no/utenriks/donald-trump ... 2-1-798021

Just another day in President Trump Whitehouse I guess ...

wingman

Re: Donald Trump asks the Nobel Committee to revoke awards to journalists

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:18 pm

Some early reports from the Republican base indicate that in the first few minutes after injecting Lysol one feels incredible bursts of energy mixed in with euphoric stupidity. It looks as if the Republican Idiot in Chief injected himself today. He may not get the Nobel but he's a dead cert for the Darwin, possibly even the Lifetime Achievement version.

frmrCapCadet

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:46 pm

His supporters will just love him all the more!
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

rfields5421

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:57 pm

From Trump's Twitter @ approx. 1855 EDT 4/25

Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as, “having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.” Does sarcasm ever work?

No Donald, because you don't know what sarcasm is!
Not all who wander are lost.

L410Turbolet

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:11 pm

Mortyman wrote:
Donald Trump has more than suggested that he is eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize himself

He would be a great choice... a well deserved place right next to laureates like Arafat, Carter, Obama or Mandela, who made the award a total joke.

casinterest

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:36 am

Well if Donald Trump can get Lysol to work against Corona via injections, maybe he has a point?
Where ever you go, there you are.

MaverickM11

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 am

rfields5421 wrote:
From Trump's Twitter @ approx. 1855 EDT 4/25

Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as, “having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.” Does sarcasm ever work?

No Donald, because you don't know what sarcasm is!

Everyone knows trump and his supporters love irony and sarcasm. Also swastikas. Ironic swastikas of course!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fox-ne ... swastikas/
I don't take responsibility at all

WarRI1

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:05 am

Replies like these, gives me hope that we are not all hopeless minions of the Moron.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Aaron747

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 am

At least now we know how this great man spends his wife’s 50th birthday.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

alfa164

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:17 am

Mortyman wrote:
Donald Trump has more than suggested that he is eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize himself .....

He probably thought it was the "Nobel Piece Prize"... and that Stormy Daniels was the "piece" that justified his award...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Francoflier

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:19 am

Someone made an angry poo again this morning...

Is there a 'Noble Prize' for the stupidest thing said on twitter?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Aaron747

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:20 am

Francoflier wrote:
Someone made an angry poo again this morning...

Is there a 'Noble Prize' for the stupidest thing said on twitter?

It can be called the Shweet Award!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

KFTG

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:16 am

The President of the United States is a f*cking MORON.

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:47 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
Donald Trump has more than suggested that he is eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize himself

He would be a great choice... a well deserved place right next to laureates like Arafat, Carter, Obama or Mandela, who made the award a total joke.

I can only assume you're being as sarcastic as your dear leader

stl07

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:42 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

I can only assume you're being as sarcastic as your dear leader

I see what you did there :D
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

olle

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 am

If he ever learn that Mr Nobel was from Sweden he will demand to cancel it all together;-)

Dutchy

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 am

uhmmm, which journalist actually got a Nobel prize for work on Russia? I honestly don't know. Must be the Noble prize for Literature or Peace.
Last edited by Dutchy on Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Dutchy

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

Uhmmm, why not adding Shimon Peres, Yitzhak Rabin ("won" together with Arafat) and F. W. de Klerk ("won" together with Mandela). Or is omitting those also politics?

Carter; "decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

Obama himself said that he felt "surprised" by the win and did not consider himself worthy of the award, so you got a point there.

GDB

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 am

Dutchy wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

Uhmmm, why not adding Shimon Peres, Yitzhak Rabin ("won" together with Arafat) and F. W. de Klerk ("won" together with Mandela). Or is omitting those also politics?

Carter; "decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

Obama himself said that he felt "surprised" by the win and did not consider himself worthy of the award, so you got a point there.

Quite, someone's angry little agendas are not very well hidden, are they?

seahawk

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:05 am

It would be the noble thing to do!

Aesma

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:17 am

Dutchy wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

Obama's prize is for the American people that elected him.

Yeah, maybe it should be revoked !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Dutchy

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 am

Aesma wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:

:rotfl: so right.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:45 am

GDB wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:

Quite, someone's angry little agendas are not very well hidden, are they?

Indeed.

WarRI1

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:15 am

Aesma wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:

I agree, but I do not agree about revoking it, It will haunt trump the bump all his life as well as Moscow Mitch and and a ton of racists.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

olle

Mon May 04, 2020 9:56 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I agree, but I do not agree about revoking it, It will haunt trump the bump all his life as well as Moscow Mitch and and a ton of racists.

I consider that the Norwegian selection of Nobel winners is much more political compared to the Swedish part of the prize. Obama as winner was in my personal oppinion much more connected that Norway wanted a Obama visit in Oslo then practical work.

Dutchy

Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am

olle wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

I consider that the Norwegian selection of Nobel winners is much more political compared to the Swedish part of the prize. Obama as winner was in my personal oppinion much more connected that Norway wanted a Obama visit in Oslo then practical work.

The Nobel prize for peace is political indeed, it is chosen by Norwegian members of Parlement. Although MP's wanting Obama to visit is a bit too much, there was more to it than that. I think it was more of a reaction to 8 years of Bush, so I guess whoever the next President of the USA is going to be, he will look forward to receiving the Nobel prize for peace for each and every year of his term(s). :lol:

olle

Mon May 04, 2020 12:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
olle wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

The Nobel prize for peace is political indeed, it is chosen by Norwegian members of Parlement. Although MP's wanting Obama to visit is a bit too much, there was more to it than that. I think it was more of a reaction to 8 years of Bush, so I guess whoever the next President of the USA is going to be, he will look forward to receiving the Nobel prize for peace for each and every year of his term(s). :lol:

If that is the case any replacement for Mr Trump has the Nobel prize as default ;-) Mr Trump is not very popular in Norway..

blueflyer

Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm

If the Nobel committee has any street smart, they'll create a one-off award for the furtherance of the war on intelligence and offer it to Trump in a tweet. He'll accept in a nanosecond.

Jetty

Mon May 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Even more prizes today for anti-Trump journalists of the lame-stream media: https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editi ... -cartoons/

These prizes given to not-so-noble journalists should be taken back ASAP.

Dutchy

Mon May 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Jetty wrote:
Even more prizes today for anti-Trump journalists of the lame-stream media: https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editi ... -cartoons/

Ah yeah, I almost forgot that Trump wanted to buy Greenland from Denmark. :roll:

Newark727

Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Ah yeah, I almost forgot that Trump wanted to buy Greenland from Denmark. :roll:

Greenland, or as it'll now be known, Further North Dakota :D

alfa164

Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Newark727 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Greenland, or as it'll now be known, Further North Dakota :D

I was thinking "Mar-y-Helado"

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

olle

Tue May 05, 2020 11:22 am

Dutchy wrote:
Jetty wrote:

Where to play golf on greenland!

https://www.facebook.com/nuukgolfklub/