Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
tommy1808
Posts: 12853
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Good thing he is not being charged with treason, then, he is being charged with one count of lying to the FBI.


Oh, i see you don't know what a plea deal is.

To quote the judge "arguably you sold your country out". He could not be charged with treason only because of the circumstances, the US is not at war and hence treason cannot be committed, not because what he did wouldn't be treason if the US was. The judge made that quite plain.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 6:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
All of this could have been avoided had the Trump campaign shown even a single iota of patriotism, honesty, or common sense...




Yes just like the previous administration.

Unless you have close and an eye witness to this kind of abuse of power you can't imagibe ths shht that goes on in the name of justice.


When cornered, blame Obama. If you guys are so concerned about it, why not elect someone who is the opposite of what you hate? Oh, wait.....


Actually I blame his two AGS and his SofState, and in case you did not notice, we did do something about that, and I'm quite happy with the results, just as I anticipate I will be this November. (I can hear heads exploding right now):)
 
alfa164
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 6:35 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Hopefully BO's complicit participation in the recent Flynn debacle comes to light during the investigation. The guy is a political scum.



Yep, I agree. That BravoOne guy should stay out of the political arena... and keep his demented comments to himself.


;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Good thing he is not being charged with treason, then, he is being charged with one count of lying to the FBI.


Oh, i see you don't know what a plea deal is.

To quote the judge "arguably you sold your country out". He could not be charged with treason only because of the circumstances, the US is not at war and hence treason cannot be committed, not because what he did wouldn't be treason if the US was. The judge made that quite plain.

Best regards
Thomas


Yes, I am sure the FBI would not have charged him with that if they had any leg to stand on, their treatment of Flynn throughout the whole process just shows they were fair and not vindictive...

What exactly is the "treason", though, since you seem to have such a solid grasp of things... Speaking with a foreigner? Xenophobe much?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13020
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Pyrex wrote:
The justice system is just revenge by other means. What was done to Flynn was inexcusable, and he has every right to fight back if he feels aggrieved. Also, Sidney Powell, his lawyer, should get a Presidential Medal of Freedom - what a woman that is, truly teaches you the meaning of not taking no for an answer, and fighting the FBI and Covington tooth and nail to surface this information. If I have a daughter, I want her to look up to Sidney Powell as an example, doing by herself what the all-powerful Covington law firm couldn't (or wouldn't).

One thing to keep in mind is that the FBI still looks at J. Edgar Hoover as an example (have his name on the side of their headquarters and everything). Wihen those are your references, is there any wonder why they would consider this to be acceptable behavior?


Isn't entrapment legal in the US anyway ? It's seen all the time on US TV series to catch johns and prostitutes, drug dealers, arms traffickers, terrorists, pedophiles...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Aesma wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
The justice system is just revenge by other means. What was done to Flynn was inexcusable, and he has every right to fight back if he feels aggrieved. Also, Sidney Powell, his lawyer, should get a Presidential Medal of Freedom - what a woman that is, truly teaches you the meaning of not taking no for an answer, and fighting the FBI and Covington tooth and nail to surface this information. If I have a daughter, I want her to look up to Sidney Powell as an example, doing by herself what the all-powerful Covington law firm couldn't (or wouldn't).

One thing to keep in mind is that the FBI still looks at J. Edgar Hoover as an example (have his name on the side of their headquarters and everything). Wihen those are your references, is there any wonder why they would consider this to be acceptable behavior?


Isn't entrapment legal in the US anyway ? It's seen all the time on US TV series to catch johns and prostitutes, drug dealers, arms traffickers, terrorists, pedophiles...


Setting aside the legal implications of that (it's a lot more nuanced than that), what is illegal is to submit falsified sworn statements to the court, like the lead prosecutor did last year when affirming they had handed over all exculpatory information, when they clearly had not. Also illegal for the only witness to the alleged crime (setting aside the other dude who is MIA) to allow someone who did not participate in the meeting to edit a meeting report to make it look like the guy was guilty, and apparently "losing the original" (and this is a guy who had limited credibility to begin with). Also illegal for the prosecutor to not disclose all side-deals agreed to as a part of a plea deal (such as a promise to grant leniency to a third-party). Also illegal, or at least highly immoral, for the FBI to try to get someone fired regardless of there being any crime (not what is in their job description...) - and the stupidity of actually putting those thoughts to paper and saving the handwritten notes for three years should be criminal.

I don't care if you are the love child of Tony Montana and Al Capone and they caught you red-handed with a truckload of toilet paper, Purell and N95 masks you were hoarding, that sort of prosecutorial malfeasance (perjury, document forgery, conspiracy to defraud the court, etc.) is usually enough to get any case thrown out (the implication would be that anything coming out of the prosecution should be assumed to be a lie). And that is even discounting the whole "fruit of the poisonous tree" aspect of starting an investigation without probable cause, which is also illegal.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22286
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 pm

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:



Yes just like the previous administration.

Unless you have close and an eye witness to this kind of abuse of power you can't imagibe ths shht that goes on in the name of justice.


When cornered, blame Obama. If you guys are so concerned about it, why not elect someone who is the opposite of what you hate? Oh, wait.....


Actually I blame his two AGS and his SofState, and in case you did not notice, we did do something about that, and I'm quite happy with the results, just as I anticipate I will be this November. (I can hear heads exploding right now):)


Obama has been out of office almost four years. There is literally zero reasons to blame him for the cover up and corruption that the current administration are committing. None. We were told six months into Obama's first term to stop blaming GWB for everything. Yet, here we are almost four years out and you all can not stop blaming Obama. It reeks of desperation.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Fri May 08, 2020 9:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:

When cornered, blame Obama. If you guys are so concerned about it, why not elect someone who is the opposite of what you hate? Oh, wait.....


Actually I blame his two AGS and his SofState, and in case you did not notice, we did do something about that, and I'm quite happy with the results, just as I anticipate I will be this November. (I can hear heads exploding right now):)


Obama has been out of office almost four years. There is literally zero reasons to blame him for the cover up and corruption that the current administration are committing. None. We were told six months into Obama's first term to stop blaming GWB for everything. Yet, here we are almost four years out and you all can not stop blaming Obama. It reeks of desperation.


Actually I believe we re just beginning to understnd the degree of Obama's info;ve,ent in this debacle.

I'm certainly not desperate. Rather your party has tipped over and instead of offering us a person of diversity you have positioned an old, very confused millionaire guy for us to consider, while by passing a "former" indian woman, a pretty damn smart gay guy, a black man and a black woman. What happened? I would say if your not desperate, you must be fubar?

Keep it up as, I'm starting enjoy this.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22286
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

Actually I blame his two AGS and his SofState, and in case you did not notice, we did do something about that, and I'm quite happy with the results, just as I anticipate I will be this November. (I can hear heads exploding right now):)


Obama has been out of office almost four years. There is literally zero reasons to blame him for the cover up and corruption that the current administration are committing. None. We were told six months into Obama's first term to stop blaming GWB for everything. Yet, here we are almost four years out and you all can not stop blaming Obama. It reeks of desperation.


Actually I believe we re just beginning to understnd the degree of Obama's info;ve,ent in this debacle.

I'm certainly not desperate. Rather your party has tipped over and instead of offering us a person of diversity you have positioned an old, very confused millionaire guy for us to consider, while by passing a "former" indian woman, a pretty damn smart gay guy, a black man and a black woman. What happened? I would say if your not desperate, you must be fubar?

Keep it up as, I'm starting enjoy this.


Explain how a man who has plead guilty to crimes suddenly walks free? Explain how it is wonderful that sons, daughters, sons-in-law all get high ranking jobs in the White House? Explain how we do not get to see any documents this current administration says they use? Explain any of that without going outside the current administration.

I notice you circled back around to "blame Obama" which will get you no where with those of us who understand that Obama has zero to do with anything this current corrupt and secretive administration is doing. You are trying to distract and deflect from your own party's failings with "but.. but.. but..." and trying to get us to look over there. You guys hate your party leadership? This is the time to change it. Give us someone we WANT to vote for. Not a reason to hold our nose and vote for the other guy. Don't just point to the opposition and say "this is why you MUST vote for us!"
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sat May 09, 2020 4:46 pm

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Obama has been out of office almost four years. There is literally zero reasons to blame him for the cover up and corruption that the current administration are committing. None. We were told six months into Obama's first term to stop blaming GWB for everything. Yet, here we are almost four years out and you all can not stop blaming Obama. It reeks of desperation.


Actually I believe we re just beginning to understnd the degree of Obama's info;ve,ent in this debacle.

I'm certainly not desperate. Rather your party has tipped over and instead of offering us a person of diversity you have positioned an old, very confused millionaire guy for us to consider, while by passing a "former" indian woman, a pretty damn smart gay guy, a black man and a black woman. What happened? I would say if your not desperate, you must be fubar?

Keep it up as, I'm starting enjoy this.


Explain how a man who has plead guilty to crimes suddenly walks free? Explain how it is wonderful that sons, daughters, sons-in-law all get high ranking jobs in the White House? Explain how we do not get to see any documents this current administration says they use? Explain any of that without going outside the current administration.

I notice you circled back around to "blame Obama" which will get you no where with those of us who understand that Obama has zero to do with anything this current corrupt and secretive administration is doing. You are trying to distract and deflect from your own party's failings with "but.. but.. but..." and trying to get us to look over there. You guys hate your party leadership? This is the time to change it. Give us someone we WANT to vote for. Not a reason to hold our nose and vote for the other guy. Don't just point to the opposition and say "this is why you MUST vote for us!"


I honestly do hope that one day an unscrupulous prosecutor (I don't care if state or Federal) puts a target on your back and decides to come after you with their unlimited budget and resources. Then one day, after conspiring with your lawyers and bankrupting you, they give you the choice of either 1) copping to a bullshit process crime with a recommendation of no jail sentence, or 2) continuing to come after you, and threatening to destroy the life of your son as well. Would love to see how you would react.

But if you are so convinced that he is a criminal, you should be happy about this. Remember, Mueller's DOJ has been fighting tooth and nail for over a year to make sure the guilty plea WITH NO JAIL TIME stands, while all Flynn wanted (at least initially, before all of this malfeasance evidence started to emerge) was to rescind his plea so he would be entitled to a trial. There is no upside for him in that trial - if he wins, he walks away a free man, which he would anyway, for all intents and purposes, if he loses he can end up in jail. So why was Mueller's team so dead-set against it? What are they afraid will come up at trial?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
wingman
Posts: 3917
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sat May 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Pyrex wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

Actually I believe we re just beginning to understnd the degree of Obama's info;ve,ent in this debacle.

I'm certainly not desperate. Rather your party has tipped over and instead of offering us a person of diversity you have positioned an old, very confused millionaire guy for us to consider, while by passing a "former" indian woman, a pretty damn smart gay guy, a black man and a black woman. What happened? I would say if your not desperate, you must be fubar?

Keep it up as, I'm starting enjoy this.


Explain how a man who has plead guilty to crimes suddenly walks free? Explain how it is wonderful that sons, daughters, sons-in-law all get high ranking jobs in the White House? Explain how we do not get to see any documents this current administration says they use? Explain any of that without going outside the current administration.

I notice you circled back around to "blame Obama" which will get you no where with those of us who understand that Obama has zero to do with anything this current corrupt and secretive administration is doing. You are trying to distract and deflect from your own party's failings with "but.. but.. but..." and trying to get us to look over there. You guys hate your party leadership? This is the time to change it. Give us someone we WANT to vote for. Not a reason to hold our nose and vote for the other guy. Don't just point to the opposition and say "this is why you MUST vote for us!"


I honestly do hope that one day an unscrupulous prosecutor (I don't care if state or Federal) puts a target on your back and decides to come after you with their unlimited budget and resources. Then one day, after conspiring with your lawyers and bankrupting you, they give you the choice of either 1) copping to a bullshit process crime with a recommendation of no jail sentence, or 2) continuing to come after you, and threatening to destroy the life of your son as well. Would love to see how you would react.

But if you are so convinced that he is a criminal, you should be happy about this. Remember, Mueller's DOJ has been fighting tooth and nail for over a year to make sure the guilty plea WITH NO JAIL TIME stands, while all Flynn wanted (at least initially, before all of this malfeasance evidence started to emerge) was to rescind his plea so he would be entitled to a trial. There is no upside for him in that trial - if he wins, he walks away a free man, which he would anyway, for all intents and purposes, if he loses he can end up in jail. So why was Mueller's team so dead-set against it? What are they afraid will come up at trial?


If you want to know how it feels read the Ken Starr procedural epic on Bill Clinton. Caught him lying about a blowjob and voila, impeachment. It's how the FBI and Justice system works. You poke and prod until you catch someone in whatever bullshit they're up to and keep tipping over the dominoes until it gets you (or not) to your ultimate objective. Flynn lied, admitted it and now Barr has engineered his release. Don't forget this new precedent when it someday happens to someone you despise. The GOP sets the rules, it establishes precedent and then Republican snowflakes piss into their wheaties when it comes back on them. Kinda like you with the Russia investigation (hint: the same investigation that a bipartisan Congressional inquiry said was absolutely 100% spot on with incontrovertible proof that Russia's goal in 2016 was the election of Donald Trump). You might've missed that bombshell since it never made it to Fox News. Trump's a lying scumbag and has undertaken so many actions, made so may remarks and written so many tweets that suggested collusion with Russia that it was impossible not to investigate, actually made it black and white wrong not to investigate.

Anyway, the important thing is that you guys won again. Someday soon this winning is going to end though and I look forward with relish to the relentless effort that the DOJ, FBI and countless state-level law enforcement agencies are going to dedicate to prosecuting and incarcerating the entire Trump family one by one. It is going to be a laugh fest to uncover the shit this scumbag and his kids got up to these past four years. You better grab your whammies Pyrex, because you will be a sniveling mess as we all replay your embarrassing posts supporting this degenerate administration. We're gonna chase your idol to grave just like you guys are chasing Bill and Hillary. It'll never end and I like the odds of seeing at least half this collection of shit stains do time in prison.
 
maverick4002
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Ermm didnt he admit to his crimes? This post is....alot

And I dont get this obsession with "war heroes". Even if you think going to war in another country makes you a hero, you can still come back and be a terrible person. It is not-mutually exclusive.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5571
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Obama’s claims of no precedent for Barr’s action is quickly refuted by Holder’s (the AG under Obama ) taking the exact same action due to malicious prosecution.
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Welcome to the daily edition of "Why are you so afraid of a trial?", where our contestants try to explain how justice would best be served by spending years and millions of dollars trying to enforce a guilty plea FOR NO JAIL TIME, instead of letting the matter be decided in court, where best case Flynn walks away free, as he would now, and worst case he spends the rest of his life in jail. And today's contestants are... B(M)ueller? B(M)ueller? Anyone?

And before anyone mentions it is about sparing the court's time, I call BS on that, as the trial would be resolved in an afternoon.

PROSECUTOR: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the defendant lied to our esteemed FBI agents about a call he had with the Russian ambassador in his capacity as the incoming NSA.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: OK then, prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, the burden of proof is on you, after all. You can start by submitting the transcript of those calls.

PROSECUTOR: No can do, it's classified.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: How come you submitted it to the Washington Post, then?

PROSECUTOR: That is different, because of reasons.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: Ok then, call your witness to the stand?

PROSECUTOR: Your what, now?

DEFENSE COUNSEL: Your witness. You claim he lied to the FBI, so you can bring to the stand the only witness to that alleged crime, the FBI agent who spoke to him. What was his name, again? Peter Strozk? We look forward to asking him a few questions on the topic, under oath.

PROSECUTOR: (shifting nervously) Uhh... we just got word that he committed suicide with four shots to the back of the head on his way to court. But don't worry, we have the 302 detailing their debriefing from the Flynn interview.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when was that 302 submitted?

PROSECUTOR: Uhh... 3 weeks after the interview.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when does FBI policy say that 302 needed to be submitted?

PROSECUTOR: 5 days after the interview.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And who does FBI policy say is supposed to submit it?

PROSECUTOR: The interviewing FBI agents, only.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was the 302 you are submitting to the court edited by someone?

PROSECUTOR: Uhhh. it appears to have been edited by a Lisa Page.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And is Lisa Page an employee of the FBI?

PROSECUTOR: No.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was Lisa Page present in the meeting with Flynn?

PROSECUTOR: No.

DEFENSE COUNSEL: Can we get the original 302, then?

PROSECUTOR: Uhh...
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
alfa164
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Welcome to the daily edition of "Why are you so afraid of a trial?", where our contestants try to explain how justice would best be served by spending years and millions of dollars trying to enforce a guilty plea FOR NO JAIL TIME, instead of letting the matter be decided in court, where best case Flynn walks away free, as he would now, and worst case he spends the rest of his life in jail. And today's contestants are... B(M)ueller? B(M)ueller? Anyone? And before anyone mentions it is about sparing the court's time, I call BS on that, as the trial would be resolved in an afternoon.
PROSECUTOR: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the defendant lied to our esteemed FBI agents about a call he had with the Russian ambassador in his capacity as the incoming NSA.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: OK then, prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, the burden of proof is on you, after all. You can start by submitting the transcript of those calls.
PROSECUTOR: No can do, it's classified.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: How come you submitted it to the Washington Post, then?
PROSECUTOR: That is different, because of reasons.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Ok then, call your witness to the stand?
PROSECUTOR: Your what, now?
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Your witness. You claim he lied to the FBI, so you can bring to the stand the only witness to that alleged crime, the FBI agent who spoke to him. What was his name, again? Peter Strozk? We look forward to asking him a few questions on the topic, under oath.
PROSECUTOR: (shifting nervously) Uhh... we just got word that he committed suicide with four shots to the back of the head on his way to court. But don't worry, we have the 302 detailing their debriefing from the Flynn interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when was that 302 submitted?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh... 3 weeks after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when does FBI policy say that 302 needed to be submitted?
PROSECUTOR: 5 days after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And who does FBI policy say is supposed to submit it?
PROSECUTOR: The interviewing FBI agents, only.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was the 302 you are submitting to the court edited by someone?
PROSECUTOR: Uhhh. it appears to have been edited by a Lisa Page.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And is Lisa Page an employee of the FBI?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was Lisa Page present in the meeting with Flynn?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Can we get the original 302, then?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh...



Perhaps your best forte is creative writing - although if you were to publish this claiming it is factual, you, like Flynn, should be charged with perjury.

Bless your little heart...


:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Welcome to the daily edition of "Why are you so afraid of a trial?", where our contestants try to explain how justice would best be served by spending years and millions of dollars trying to enforce a guilty plea FOR NO JAIL TIME, instead of letting the matter be decided in court, where best case Flynn walks away free, as he would now, and worst case he spends the rest of his life in jail. And today's contestants are... B(M)ueller? B(M)ueller? Anyone? And before anyone mentions it is about sparing the court's time, I call BS on that, as the trial would be resolved in an afternoon.
PROSECUTOR: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the defendant lied to our esteemed FBI agents about a call he had with the Russian ambassador in his capacity as the incoming NSA.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: OK then, prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, the burden of proof is on you, after all. You can start by submitting the transcript of those calls.
PROSECUTOR: No can do, it's classified.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: How come you submitted it to the Washington Post, then?
PROSECUTOR: That is different, because of reasons.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Ok then, call your witness to the stand?
PROSECUTOR: Your what, now?
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Your witness. You claim he lied to the FBI, so you can bring to the stand the only witness to that alleged crime, the FBI agent who spoke to him. What was his name, again? Peter Strozk? We look forward to asking him a few questions on the topic, under oath.
PROSECUTOR: (shifting nervously) Uhh... we just got word that he committed suicide with four shots to the back of the head on his way to court. But don't worry, we have the 302 detailing their debriefing from the Flynn interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when was that 302 submitted?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh... 3 weeks after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when does FBI policy say that 302 needed to be submitted?
PROSECUTOR: 5 days after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And who does FBI policy say is supposed to submit it?
PROSECUTOR: The interviewing FBI agents, only.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was the 302 you are submitting to the court edited by someone?
PROSECUTOR: Uhhh. it appears to have been edited by a Lisa Page.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And is Lisa Page an employee of the FBI?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was Lisa Page present in the meeting with Flynn?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Can we get the original 302, then?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh...



Perhaps your best forte is creative writing - although if you were to publish this claiming it is factual, you, like Flynn, should be charged with perjury.

Bless your little heart...


:roll:


So, no answer on why you think Justice is best served by a plea deal WITH NO JAIL TIME as opposed to a trial, then? Yeah, didn't think so.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
alfa164
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Pyrex wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Welcome to the daily edition of "Why are you so afraid of a trial?", where our contestants try to explain how justice would best be served by spending years and millions of dollars trying to enforce a guilty plea FOR NO JAIL TIME, instead of letting the matter be decided in court, where best case Flynn walks away free, as he would now, and worst case he spends the rest of his life in jail. And today's contestants are... B(M)ueller? B(M)ueller? Anyone? And before anyone mentions it is about sparing the court's time, I call BS on that, as the trial would be resolved in an afternoon.
PROSECUTOR: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the defendant lied to our esteemed FBI agents about a call he had with the Russian ambassador in his capacity as the incoming NSA.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: OK then, prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, the burden of proof is on you, after all. You can start by submitting the transcript of those calls.
PROSECUTOR: No can do, it's classified.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: How come you submitted it to the Washington Post, then?
PROSECUTOR: That is different, because of reasons.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Ok then, call your witness to the stand?
PROSECUTOR: Your what, now?
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Your witness. You claim he lied to the FBI, so you can bring to the stand the only witness to that alleged crime, the FBI agent who spoke to him. What was his name, again? Peter Strozk? We look forward to asking him a few questions on the topic, under oath.
PROSECUTOR: (shifting nervously) Uhh... we just got word that he committed suicide with four shots to the back of the head on his way to court. But don't worry, we have the 302 detailing their debriefing from the Flynn interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when was that 302 submitted?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh... 3 weeks after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And when does FBI policy say that 302 needed to be submitted?
PROSECUTOR: 5 days after the interview.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And who does FBI policy say is supposed to submit it?
PROSECUTOR: The interviewing FBI agents, only.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was the 302 you are submitting to the court edited by someone?
PROSECUTOR: Uhhh. it appears to have been edited by a Lisa Page.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And is Lisa Page an employee of the FBI?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: And was Lisa Page present in the meeting with Flynn?
PROSECUTOR: No.
DEFENSE COUNSEL: Can we get the original 302, then?
PROSECUTOR: Uhh...



Perhaps your best forte is creative writing - although if you were to publish this claiming it is factual, you, like Flynn, should be charged with perjury.

Bless your little heart...


:roll:


So, no answer on why you think Justice is best served by a plea deal WITH NO JAIL TIME as opposed to a trial, then? Yeah, didn't think so.



Flynn made his own plea deal; you didn't make it, and I didn't make it.

Far be it from me to question the intelligence of one of your heros...


:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Pyrex
Topic Author
Posts: 4786
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Free at last, free at last - the Michael Flynn edition

Sun May 10, 2020 10:45 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
alfa164 wrote:


Perhaps your best forte is creative writing - although if you were to publish this claiming it is factual, you, like Flynn, should be charged with perjury.

Bless your little heart...


:roll:


So, no answer on why you think Justice is best served by a plea deal WITH NO JAIL TIME as opposed to a trial, then? Yeah, didn't think so.



Flynn made his own plea deal; you didn't make it, and I didn't make it.

Far be it from me to question the intelligence of one of your heros...


:roll:


Got it, no answer, then.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4772
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Michael Flynn charges dropped

Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 am

This has devolved into “gotcha” questions. Locked.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos