Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tommy1808

Re: 2000 Former DOJ and FBI call on Barr to resign over Flynn

Fri May 15, 2020 5:35 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Reddevil556 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Awesome.... the standard for being good for the Economy is now "Just roughly maintain what you inherited and don´t trash it before three years are over".

The first decision that would actually impact the economy Trump was presented with led to him tanking it.

best regards
Thomas

As you can see that is neither for the DoJ or the FBI to decide. And the Judge being a smart guy asked Flynn a gazillion times if he really, really, really, really committed those crimes.

Flynn is pretty much admitting he lied to the judge, under oath.

And it seems the Judge ain´t playing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html

best regards
Thomas

Once again proving a point that hatred, vitriol, and emotion are far more important than logic and objectivity. I don’t even care about the finger pointing about who did what for the economy, but my bank statements sure looked good for the past three years until COVID. Unemployment was at record lows, labor shortage was a legit problem. Many factors contribute to what is considered a strong economy. But again hatred and bias are blinding.

So you think Trump should have kept the economy open? You think governors especially in blue states taking the most drastic measures didn’t have anything to do with it?. I have heard some absurd arguments on here but this one takes the cake. Especially with how current the crisis is and how thorough the coverage has been.

The political savior complex is hilarious. “My party is pure as snow,” but then say “their party is the root of all evil.” Funny how you can only see the bad in what you oppose and only the good in what you support.

there are so many problems with Trump, I don't know where to begin. How can anyone ignore the mass turnover that happens in the WH key staff members? Do you ignore the fact that he can't keep staff members? He's on his 4th chief of staff. 4th National Intelligence director none of which have been vetted because they are just"acting" there are serious question about the people he has doing these key jobs lack of experience. This has hurt America,

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
Keep in mind that the whole current Administration, do to being unable to hire people for the WH or by leaving jobs open at the likes of the CDC, could not find a single person that knows anything at all, whatsoever, about purchasing medical supplies! Remember when the Federal Government recommended a Ventilator supplier to NY, they placed a 70 Million USD order based on that recommendation, without any wetting, because he tweeted to Trump!

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... r-provided

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Ken777

Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 am

We need to get to the election and shut the guy down. A that point he will pardon all his friends in prison and then have the Pillsbury Doughboy pardon him and his family, then resign.

At that point we can bring that house of card down.

tommy1808

Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 am

Ken777 wrote:
We need to get to the election and shut the guy down. A that point he will pardon all his friends in prison and then have the Pillsbury Doughboy pardon him and his family, then resign.

At that point we can bring that house of card down.

Guess why he is abusing the DoJ´s lawyers to shield him from the bank and wire fraud charges that will come out of his bank records/tax returns to push it beyond the statute of limitation. Unless we want to assume Cohen lied some more under oath, which seems exceedingly unlikely. And i have the feeling that New York State has a metric ton of indictments waiting he can´t pardon himself for.

best regards
Thomas

StarGrid

Fri May 15, 2020 10:08 am

when did anyone in US government ever claim they can go around town executing people with total immunity?

tommy1808

Fri May 15, 2020 10:30 am

StarGrid wrote:
when did anyone in US government ever claim they can go around town executing people with total immunity?

You mean aside right now?

Aaron747

Sat May 16, 2020 12:22 am

Oh look, double-speak and inconsistency from the same WH crying about FISA abuses against its own campaign:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/ ... 31748?s=21
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Oh look, double-speak and inconsistency from the same WH crying about FISA abuses against its own campaign:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/ ... 31748?s=21

I ask, how can a nation who has done so much for so many people for so long be so guilty in three long, oh so long years of such massive stupidity. It is like we have had a stroke, which has us returned to the Era of Red Neck mentality which at one time gripped a small geographic part of this country. It is now even in the North, which fought and won a war against such thinking. Brother against Brother, Father against Son, Son against Father. So many dead, lessons unlearned, this mentality raises its ugly head once again following this Buffoon just as they did so many years ago and followed a man into death and destruction. I went by the local gun shop yesterday, Redneck City, no social distancing, no face masks. I have shopped there for over 50 years, I called the Police Dept, I wear my mask and stay away from people, these Morons do not think they have to from following this Idiot.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

casinterest

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:46 am

Oh it's getting better. Sullivan is saying that they need to fully investigate the DOJ motives behind the dismissal.

https://apnews.com/91cb44ff21f797f08316e0388d4c2915
“The question before this Court is whether it should short-circuit this process, forbid even a limited inquiry into the government’s motion, and order that motion granted,” lawyers for Sullivan wrote. “The answer is no.”

In their brief Monday, Sullivan’s lawyers cited what they said were numerous irregularities about the Justice Department’s recent actions, noting that “it is unusual for a criminal defendant to claim innocence and move to withdraw his guilty plea after repeatedly swearing under oath that he committed the crime.”
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

casinterest

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:52 pm

New Update.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics ... index.html

"The facts surrounding the filing of the Government's motion constitute clear evidence of gross prosecutorial abuse. They reveal an unconvincing effort to disguise as legitimate a decision to dismiss that is based solely on the fact that Flynn is a political ally of President Trump," Gleeson wrote to US District Judge Emmet Sullivan on Wednesday.

That is pretty damning.

Pretty much tells everyone that Trump is still a swamp builder despite his claims to the contrary.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:32 am

casinterest wrote:
New Update.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics ... index.html

"The facts surrounding the filing of the Government's motion constitute clear evidence of gross prosecutorial abuse. They reveal an unconvincing effort to disguise as legitimate a decision to dismiss that is based solely on the fact that Flynn is a political ally of President Trump," Gleeson wrote to US District Judge Emmet Sullivan on Wednesday.

That is pretty damning.

Pretty much tells everyone that Trump is still a swamp builder despite his claims to the contrary.

Anybody with a brain should sure know that, but of course we know his followers think all is well in LaLa land. Now the brain power problem is better left for another day.

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:15 pm

It seems Barr shows his true Russian colours again by outing an expert that had vetted information in FBI's investigation/dossier about Trump.
FBI agreed to keep his name confidential but Attorney General William P. Barr directed the F.B.I. to declassify the report that was based on the interviews with the expert.

WASHINGTON — Not long after the early 2017 publication of a notorious dossier about President Trump jolted Washington, an expert in Russian politics told the F.B.I.
he had been one of its key sources, drawing on his contacts to deliver information that would make up some of the most salacious and unproven assertions in the document.

The F.B.I. had approached the expert, a man named Igor Danchenko, as it vetted the dossier’s claims. He agreed to tell investigators what he knew with an important condition,
people familiar with the matter said — that the F.B.I. keep his identity secret so he could protect himself, his sources and his family and friends in Russia.

But his hope of remaining anonymous evaporated last week after Attorney General William P. Barr directed the F.B.I. to declassify a redacted report about its three-day
interview of Mr. Danchenko in 2017 and hand it over to Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Mr. Graham promptly made the interview summary public while calling the entire Russia investigation “corrupt.”

It is very obvious where the true loyalty of the Trump lies and it's not with the American people or wit the USA.......

: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/25/us/p ... ssier.html
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:32 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
It seems Barr shows his true Russian colours again by outing an expert that had vetted information in FBI's investigation/dossier about Trump.
FBI agreed to keep his name confidential but Attorney General William P. Barr directed the F.B.I. to declassify the report that was based on the interviews with the expert.

WASHINGTON — Not long after the early 2017 publication of a notorious dossier about President Trump jolted Washington, an expert in Russian politics told the F.B.I.
he had been one of its key sources, drawing on his contacts to deliver information that would make up some of the most salacious and unproven assertions in the document.

The F.B.I. had approached the expert, a man named Igor Danchenko, as it vetted the dossier’s claims. He agreed to tell investigators what he knew with an important condition,
people familiar with the matter said — that the F.B.I. keep his identity secret so he could protect himself, his sources and his family and friends in Russia.

But his hope of remaining anonymous evaporated last week after Attorney General William P. Barr directed the F.B.I. to declassify a redacted report about its three-day
interview of Mr. Danchenko in 2017 and hand it over to Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Mr. Graham promptly made the interview summary public while calling the entire Russia investigation “corrupt.”

It is very obvious where the true loyalty of the Trump lies and it's not with the American people or wit the USA.......

The name Valery Plame comes to mind and Republicans were involved in outing her as a CIA agent. Karl Rove and Scooter Libby were the Republicans and Trump commuted Libby's sentence in 2018. Funny that.