Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13423
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/califor ... lts-2020-5

Quite interesting, disgraced Katie Hill's district has flipped in the special and they will run again in November but after the ease of this victory I doubt the Dems will hold this seat in November. I am even surprised by the margin of defeat was.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 9:24 pm

he's Latino, as is 2/3 of the voters in this district. We had a Latino governor of Nevada I voted for him
cause he was for education. Crossing party lines for someone who's effective makes sense.
not sure about this guy. He's a pilot, and new. Trump endorsing him probably cost him some votes.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 9:32 pm

The governor in California said the election was to be mail by vote. But then it became clear there were more registered Republicans sending ballots, then they decided to open up voting locations for this in heavily democrat areas, what was the idea of vote by mail then? to prevent people getting COVID? then why did they open up voting locations, coincidentally when they saw the Republican was going to win?

It appears that vote by mail in this case did not accomplish their intended results.

Democrats need to stop spreading panic on COVID if they wish to win in November, because Republicans seem to be more focused, energized and enthused into voting and not heavily distracted nor worried about COVID compared to Democrats.

CNN and MSNBC will need to tone down on the panic porn, if not a huge GOP win will come in November.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
winginit
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 9:36 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
The governor in California said the election was to be mail by vote. But then it became clear there were more registered Republicans sending ballots, then they decided to open up voting locations for this in heavily democrat areas, what was the idea of vote by mail then? to prevent people getting COVID? then why did they open up voting locations, coincidentally when they saw the Republican was going to win?

It appears that vote by mail in this case did not accomplish their intended results.


Your statement is comically false. As has been well documented and discussed, Lancaster, California's REPUBLICAN MAYOR requested the in-person voting location. He was backed by Lancaster's two State House Representatives, who are both REPUBLICANS. Lancaster is, as you might guess based on their representation, not even close to being a 'heavily Democrat' area.

I know you're new here, but please educate yourself before you post.

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
he's Latino, as is 2/3 of the voters in this district. We had a Latino governor of Nevada I voted for him
cause he was for education. Crossing party lines for someone who's effective makes sense.
not sure about this guy. He's a pilot, and new. Trump endorsing him probably cost him some votes.


I would argue that of equal importance is Garcia's military background, as California's 25th district has very high numbers of military personnel and ex-military aerospace persons.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8364
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 9:44 pm

Clearly, there must be fraud in this election.

Trump said that mail ballots benefit only Democrats so I'll take him up on his offer and demand an investigation into this special election where a Democrat should have won...because they voted by mail and that hurts Republicans...

Serious note: this should put aside the concerns that mail voting benefits either party. A GOP leaning district in an uber blue state, and the GOP candidate still won, so people should be more at ease with the idea to conduct the November elections by mail (especially since primaries are also being conducted by mail).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
apodino
Posts: 3879
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 pm

The Polling location and mail in balloting is one of those issues where is only a problem when it hurts your side politically. It's a non issue.

About the race. Katie Hill did absolutely nothing wrong and should have been forced to resign. She should still be in congress right now. However, she was forced out for things she did in her private life that she had every right to do, and now the republicans pick up a seat in a race that should never have happened because Katie Hill should not have resigned.

I do know this is California and this was a special election, but the fact that a republican can win in a Hillary district is not a good sign for Biden going forward either. That being said, I predict a rematch in November, and with the presidential race on the Ballot, Christy Smith may have a better chance in November. Mike Garcia better not be signing any long term leases in Washington.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Wed May 13, 2020 10:03 pm

winginit wrote:

Your statement is comically false. As has been well documented and discussed, Lancaster, California's REPUBLICAN MAYOR requested the in-person voting location. He was backed by Lancaster's two State House Representatives, who are both REPUBLICANS. Lancaster is, as you might guess based on their representation, not even close to being a 'heavily Democrat' area.

I know you're new here, but please educate yourself before you post.


Well, they chose a Democrat area as you admitted, instead of the Palmdale location

Smith said on Saturday that her campaign was not involved in the decision, but was told the opening of the polling location was due to the long lines voters saw at the in-person voting centers during the primary.

“Voting centers are necessary,” said Smith. “For people who want to register and vote provisionally the same day, in California we’re allowed to do that. For our disabled voters who often require assistance to complete the voting process and they can do that with the help of staff at a vote center or with an adaptive device.”

Smith said the desire to open a polling place in Lancaster was also in part due to distance. According to Smith, the disabled and those wishing to register and vote on the same day would need to drive to Palmdale in order to do so.

A GOP analyst familiar with the 25th Congressional District race took issue with this, saying that everyone in the district had received a mail-in ballot and that the Palmdale polling location would have been within 10 miles.

https://signalscv.com/2020/05/trump-cal ... on-opened/

So yes, they placed one in a Democrat area. All of this happened of course after data showed that there was more Republican registered ballots being sent. Sorry it did not go your way though.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12899
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 am

NIKV69 wrote:
https://www.businessinsider.com/california-25-special-election-christy-smith-mike-garcia-live-results-2020-5

Quite interesting, disgraced Katie Hill's .


you mean victim Katie Hill`?

Interesting that one consensual affair makes her "discraced", but i can not recall you calling Cheater in Chief Trump disgraced, despite him admitting to sexual assault.

Strong women really scare you, don´t they?

einsteinboricua wrote:
Clearly, there must be fraud in this election.

Trump said that mail ballots benefit only Democrats so I'll take him up on his offer and demand an investigation into this special election where a Democrat should have won...because they voted by mail and that hurts Republicans...

Serious note: this should put aside the concerns that mail voting benefits either party. A GOP leaning district in an uber blue state, and the GOP candidate still won, so people should be more at ease with the idea to conduct the November elections by mail (especially since primaries are also being conducted by mail).


He isn´t really a Republican either, he just runs for them: https://www.electmikegarcia.com/coronavirus/ is absolutely not compatible with his parties or the WH position.

He is:

a) providing good information on Corona
b) all is government information = trust the government.

Reno, stuck in the wrong party. Seems pretty independent.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13423
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Thu May 14, 2020 12:28 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
you mean victim Katie Hill`?

Interesting that one consensual affair makes her "discraced", but i can not recall you calling Cheater in Chief Trump disgraced, despite him admitting to sexual assault.

Strong women really scare you, don´t they?



best regards
Thomas


You miss the part where you are not supposed to have sex with staffers? Strong women don't scare me. Katie Hill isn't a strong woman, if she was she wouldn't have done what she did. You want to see a strong woman google Meg Whitman and Margaret Thatcher.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
winginit
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Thu May 14, 2020 8:36 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
winginit wrote:

Your statement is comically false. As has been well documented and discussed, Lancaster, California's REPUBLICAN MAYOR requested the in-person voting location. He was backed by Lancaster's two State House Representatives, who are both REPUBLICANS. Lancaster is, as you might guess based on their representation, not even close to being a 'heavily Democrat' area.

I know you're new here, but please educate yourself before you post.


Well, they chose a Democrat area as you admitted, instead of the Palmdale location

Smith said on Saturday that her campaign was not involved in the decision, but was told the opening of the polling location was due to the long lines voters saw at the in-person voting centers during the primary.

“Voting centers are necessary,” said Smith. “For people who want to register and vote provisionally the same day, in California we’re allowed to do that. For our disabled voters who often require assistance to complete the voting process and they can do that with the help of staff at a vote center or with an adaptive device.”

Smith said the desire to open a polling place in Lancaster was also in part due to distance. According to Smith, the disabled and those wishing to register and vote on the same day would need to drive to Palmdale in order to do so.

A GOP analyst familiar with the 25th Congressional District race took issue with this, saying that everyone in the district had received a mail-in ballot and that the Palmdale polling location would have been within 10 miles.

https://signalscv.com/2020/05/trump-cal ... on-opened/

So yes, they placed one in a Democrat area. All of this happened of course after data showed that there was more Republican registered ballots being sent. Sorry it did not go your way though.


'They' chose a 'Democrat' area. Who is they? Oh, right, the REPUBLICAN mayor backed again by REPUBLICAN state reps. Enough of your nonsense - there is and was never any sort of scandal here. Again, educate yourself.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Thu May 14, 2020 8:47 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
you mean victim Katie Hill`?

Interesting that one consensual affair makes her "discraced", but i can not recall you calling Cheater in Chief Trump disgraced, despite him admitting to sexual assault.

Strong women really scare you, don´t they?



best regards
Thomas


You miss the part where you are not supposed to have sex with staffers? Strong women don't scare me. Katie Hill isn't a strong woman, if she was she wouldn't have done what she did. You want to see a strong woman google Meg Whitman and Margaret Thatcher.


this is like comedy central. thanks for the laugh. Talk about double standards, Look who's in the WH. Someone who cheated on all three of his wives.
She was forced to resign because Democrats' standards are higher. While Republicans have double standards. don't care if Trump continues to grab women by the p*ussy.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22329
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 am

The actual and true test is coming in November. What he does between now and November is what really counts. Yes, Hill had consensual relations with a staffer. That only counts if you have (R) behind your name. That is all the Republican #metoo cares about. CA25 is more conservative than San Francisco, which is what state media measure all of California by. The one district represented by Nancy Pelosi. If Garcia turns out to be more like Romney than having orange on his lips, he will be in for a far right wing extremist crazy challenge in the primary. And the Democrat will win CA25. Again.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Kent350787
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 am

seb146 wrote:
The actual and true test is coming in November. What he does between now and November is what really counts. Yes, Hill had consensual relations with a staffer. That only counts if you have (R) behind your name. That is all the Republican #metoo cares about. CA25 is more conservative than San Francisco, which is what state media measure all of California by. The one district represented by Nancy Pelosi. If Garcia turns out to be more like Romney than having orange on his lips, he will be in for a far right wing extremist crazy challenge in the primary. And the Democrat will win CA25. Again.


But wasn't Hill's 2018 win the first time in decades Dem had won the seat?

But you're right, now the Hill's resignation is out of the way, the test will be November with the same R and D candidates.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 am

tommy1808 wrote:

you mean victim Katie Hill`?

Interesting that one consensual affair makes her "discraced", but i can not recall you calling Cheater in Chief Trump disgraced, despite him admitting to sexual assault.

Strong women really scare you, don´t they?


Not a difficult thing for normal people to deal with, but for his sort, that is a staggering level of complexity. I am impressed he was able to put the post together. Not going to worry about accuracy.

Kent350787 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The actual and true test is coming in November. What he does between now and November is what really counts. Yes, Hill had consensual relations with a staffer. That only counts if you have (R) behind your name. That is all the Republican #metoo cares about. CA25 is more conservative than San Francisco, which is what state media measure all of California by. The one district represented by Nancy Pelosi. If Garcia turns out to be more like Romney than having orange on his lips, he will be in for a far right wing extremist crazy challenge in the primary. And the Democrat will win CA25. Again.


But wasn't Hill's 2018 win the first time in decades Dem had won the seat?

But you're right, now the Hill's resignation is out of the way, the test will be November with the same R and D candidates.


The district itself is actually fairly purple, and Hill's win was fairly solid. The events of this year will likely tilt it back to blue by November. That could change, but only if the R candidate is a real one, and not some misanthropic, populist MAGA caracature.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12899
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 am

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
you mean victim Katie Hill`?

Interesting that one consensual affair makes her "discraced", but i can not recall you calling Cheater in Chief Trump disgraced, despite him admitting to sexual assault.

Strong women really scare you, don´t they?



best regards
Thomas


You miss the part where you are not supposed to have sex with staffers?


I very obviously didn´t miss that, and i know kindergarten kids with enough reading skills to parse my posting correctly in that regard. But you nothing but a laughing stock if you continue to call her disgraced, unless you call Trump, a self admitted repeat sex abuser, something worse.

You contributing something consistent and/or factual would be refreshing for once.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13423
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

I very obviously didn´t miss that, and i know kindergarten kids with enough reading skills to parse my posting correctly in that regard. But you nothing but a laughing stock if you continue to call her disgraced, unless you call Trump, a self admitted repeat sex abuser, something worse.

You contributing something consistent and/or factual would be refreshing for once.

best regards
Thomas


Oh I get it so Katie Hill makes a huge mistake in judgement and has a sexual relationship with a staffer which is a no no. Also gets outed by her disgruntled BF with very bad photos and is forced to resign, then the seat goes red so now she is a victim because some fantasy about a President you hate now has become true because he made a comment about grabbing women by their genitals.

Then you launch an attack against me and call me ignorant to bolster your lame argument.

Business as usual for the TDS crowd.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I very obviously didn´t miss that, and i know kindergarten kids with enough reading skills to parse my posting correctly in that regard. But you nothing but a laughing stock if you continue to call her disgraced, unless you call Trump, a self admitted repeat sex abuser, something worse.

You contributing something consistent and/or factual would be refreshing for once.

best regards
Thomas


Oh I get it so Katie Hill makes a huge mistake in judgement and has a sexual relationship with a staffer which is a no no. Also gets outed by her disgruntled BF with very bad photos and is forced to resign, then the seat goes red so now she is a victim because some fantasy about a President you hate now has become true because he made a comment about grabbing women by their genitals.

Then you launch an attack against me and call me ignorant to bolster your lame argument.

Business as usual for the TDS crowd.


Call it what you want but you have TDS backwards bub. TDS is lending any kind of support or defense to the fake alpha unprofessional loser we currently have occupying 1600 Pennsylvania. Ya know, the guy so worried we’ll find out what he’s really worth that he’s got about ten lawsuits going regarding his taxes and emoluments. A real man would just lay everything on the table and say ‘you got nothing on me suckers - have at it’. FFS this guy uses a massive umbrella when it’s sprinkling and poses on beds in bathrobes. :lol:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12899
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 3:33 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I very obviously didn´t miss that, and i know kindergarten kids with enough reading skills to parse my posting correctly in that regard. But you nothing but a laughing stock if you continue to call her disgraced, unless you call Trump, a self admitted repeat sex abuser, something worse.

You contributing something consistent and/or factual would be refreshing for once.

best regards
Thomas


Oh I get it so Katie Hill makes a huge mistake in judgement and has a sexual relationship with a staffer which is a no no. Also gets outed by her disgruntled BF with very bad photos and is forced to resign, then the seat goes red so now she is a victim because some fantasy about a President you hate now has become true because he made a comment about grabbing women by their genitals.

Then you launch an attack against me and call me ignorant to bolster your lame argument.

Business as usual for the TDS crowd.


Call it what you want but you have TDS backwards bub. TDS is lending any kind of support or defense to the fake alpha unprofessional loser we currently have occupying 1600 Pennsylvania. :


And you know what's fun about this kind of projection? Trump has it too, and hence we know someone told Trump he is looking at 50 years in prison if he can't avoid being charged.....

And that isn't the saddest thought.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 4:01 pm

This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 4:24 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so.


Obviously Californians like to work, and better yet, innovate - that’s why we’re the world’s 5th largest economy, having moved past the UK in 2018 despite having 20 million fewer people. You’re deluding yourself about how we regard the current situation - it’s complicated, but we support the science-based policy in Sacramento - Newsom’s 80% approval rating says so.

And you’re way off base with the LA county comments - have you even explored Socal? The north county couldn’t be more different from the west and east, and vice versa. I’ll give you a hint: LA changes drastically every 6-7 freeway exits, in either direction. Just among many reasons we say with pride we’re more like our own country than a state.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 4:47 pm

So ok this election is absolutely nothing, the GOP flipped a seat for the first time in decades in California. Its nothing.

Aaron747 wrote:
but we support the science-based policy in Sacramento - Newsom’s 80% approval rating says so.



About this, you really think its science- based to come up with a guideline that says that there shouldn't be COVID deaths for 14 straight days?

Find out how many Flu deaths occur and see if there is any stretch of days in California that goes without a flu death for 14 days.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11296
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 4:49 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.



A Flipped seat?

You do realize that other than Hill , this district has had a GOP representative Since G.H.W.B left office in 92 right?


If you bought into all the above, you were fed misinformation by the Right wing pundits.
Either way 6 months will show the final result, which Garcia may still win, but there will probably be 80,000-100,000 more voters in that election as well.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.



A Flipped seat?

You do realize that other than Hill , this district has had a GOP representative Since G.H.W.B left office in 92 right?


If you bought into all the above, you were fed misinformation by the Right wing pundits.
Either way 6 months will show the final result, which Garcia may still win, but there will probably be 80,000-100,000 more voters in that election as well.



I guess its not a big deal, considering Hill won with almost 8% more than her GOP rival in 2018.

An article from December:

The special election to fill the few months left in Hill’s term will be more than just a chance to choose a new member of Congress. Democrats and Republicans from across the country will be looking at the contest for an indication of how the political winds are blowing in advance of next November’s presidential election....

....Then there’s the election itself. The 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. But that has changed as younger voters from Los Angeles have moved north, looking for cheaper housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 878958.php

But again, keep down playing this. This election, like it or not was a referendum on the Democrat politicians who have been the most authoritative and enforcers of the lock downs. For months we have been told the GOP will lose badly because of Impeachment and Trump's handling of COVID. It seems that's not the case. Look at the margin of Garcia's win.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8364
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 pm

I'll bite because there's a lot to unpack.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

I don't think it WILL be Democrat again, but I wouldn't necessarily discount an upset either.


AirWorthy99 wrote:
The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat?

Simple: Trump is not on the ballot and one less seat does not jeopardize the House majority. Voters in the district may have already given Trump the finger in 2018, but still stay true to their district's conservative leaning (the same way Jones won in AL as a way to say they don't necessarily support a controversial figure like Moore).

AirWorthy99 wrote:
yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.
It only shows that some people are diehard loyalists or anti-Democrats. It explains why, under normal circumstances, a president with the scandals that Trump has would normally lose support from a party, but Trump still has a floor support that fails to nudge.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Perhaps CA-25's biggest issue was just this shutdown. But go to the Rust Belt and Corn Belt and the shutdown only compounds the hardships caused by tariff wars and continuing manufacturing reduction, none of which are the Democrats' fault.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Most Americans don't like government handouts.

If they don't like handouts, why work so hard to deny them to those that need it? I don't want a handout while I'm working, but if I lose my job, I'd like a social safety net to cushion my fall while I find a new job.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work,

I see that you'd be the kind of person that, even in the middle of a hurricane, would actually commute to work because how dare anyone tell you you can't work in the middle on a safety situation?

AirWorthy99 wrote:
this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control

You really need to get out of Bubbaville if you think counties are uniform. As an example, I live in the greater Seattle area but my county is significantly more conservative than the other two ones in the metro area. I'm actually in a congressional district rated as EVEN, noting that even when anchored in part by Tacoma and the southern suburbs of the greater Seattle Metro Area, it's still not liberal enough.

That's another thing: the fact that a district touches a county doesn't mean it follows the patterns OF the county. CA-25 covers northern LA and goes into the interior part of the state, which is a conservative area of the state.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so.

Many states that have managed to flatten their curve have done so because they listened to experts who said that social distancing, in the absence of a vaccine, will be the best way to deal with infections. But clearly, flattening a curve is not the same as inverting it. And until a safety plan is pushed where employers can ensure safe work conditions, staying closed is the best way to avoid a surge in cases.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

Deaths are not the metric for this. Infection and hospitalization are. And while a vaccine may never be found, there WILL come a time when slow reopening will happen, provided employers assume the risk of their employees' safety.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic.

What has the number one action been to say that his administration singlehandedly prevented 2M lives lost?

AirWorthy99 wrote:
And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever,

Find me actual footage of a Democratic official (one with actual authority) saying we should be locked up forever and ever.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

Is that why the GOP keeps defending businesses by not pressuring them to provide employees with PPE and not making them liable if their employees get sick? The GOP is seen as the party to open up carefully? Laughable. A careful opening requires places to offer PPE to employees and safety measures for customers (including initial reduced capacity and expanded cleaning) or be held responsible for their employees, including being liable to a lawsuit and/or paying medical bills incurred because both the employer and the state gave the workers no choice.

At least staying home allows employers to gather the necessary equipment and create a plan for a normal return of operations.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.

Yeah...because covid-19's shutdown is the only thing on voters' minds when they go to the polls in November. Let's leave aside a botched response that, had it been enacted or corrected earlier, would have resulted in a lowed impact; let's leave aside the farmers struggling with tariffs and now facing shutdown and lower demand; let's leave aside the manufacturers in the Rust Belt whose jobs were never guaranteed, even after voting for the guy who said he'd make deals to bring those jobs back; let's leave aside the coal miners whose industry is still not revived; let's leave aside the conservatives in blue states feeling the impacts and disregard of Republicans who lump them with liberals and whose policies affect them regardless (the reason many GOP seats flipped in NJ, NY, and CA, giving Democrats a boost in the House); let's leave aside the voters who, when forced to choose between Trump and Clinton, gave Trump the vote (or voted 3rd party) because they thought Trump was "the businessman the country needed and would drain the swamp" (even though the swamp is probably dirtier than ever and the emperor has no clothes).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11296
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.



A Flipped seat?

You do realize that other than Hill , this district has had a GOP representative Since G.H.W.B left office in 92 right?


If you bought into all the above, you were fed misinformation by the Right wing pundits.
Either way 6 months will show the final result, which Garcia may still win, but there will probably be 80,000-100,000 more voters in that election as well.



I guess its not a big deal, considering Hill won with almost 8% more than her GOP rival in 2018.

An article from December:

The special election to fill the few months left in Hill’s term will be more than just a chance to choose a new member of Congress. Democrats and Republicans from across the country will be looking at the contest for an indication of how the political winds are blowing in advance of next November’s presidential election....

....Then there’s the election itself. The 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. But that has changed as younger voters from Los Angeles have moved north, looking for cheaper housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 878958.php

But again, keep down playing this. This election, like it or not was a referendum on the Democrat politicians who have been the most authoritative and enforcers of the lock downs. For months we have been told the GOP will lose badly because of Impeachment and Trump's handling of COVID. It seems that's not the case. Look at the margin of Garcia's win.



Where did I downplay it. Your letter says it all.

: 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. "

As I said, when you have the full voting population forth in Novermber it will highlight what the local political feeling is. if it was a "refernendum" on anything, I would have imagined more than 60% of the 2018 electorate would have shown up.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


A Flipped seat?

You do realize that other than Hill , this district has had a GOP representative Since G.H.W.B left office in 92 right?


If you bought into all the above, you were fed misinformation by the Right wing pundits.
Either way 6 months will show the final result, which Garcia may still win, but there will probably be 80,000-100,000 more voters in that election as well.



I guess its not a big deal, considering Hill won with almost 8% more than her GOP rival in 2018.

An article from December:

The special election to fill the few months left in Hill’s term will be more than just a chance to choose a new member of Congress. Democrats and Republicans from across the country will be looking at the contest for an indication of how the political winds are blowing in advance of next November’s presidential election....

....Then there’s the election itself. The 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. But that has changed as younger voters from Los Angeles have moved north, looking for cheaper housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 878958.php

But again, keep down playing this. This election, like it or not was a referendum on the Democrat politicians who have been the most authoritative and enforcers of the lock downs. For months we have been told the GOP will lose badly because of Impeachment and Trump's handling of COVID. It seems that's not the case. Look at the margin of Garcia's win.



Where did I downplay it. Your letter says it all.

: 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. "

As I said, when you have the full voting population forth in Novermber it will highlight what the local political feeling is. if it was a "refernendum" on anything, I would have imagined more than 60% of the 2018 electorate would have shown up.


I think you are forgetting one important thing. This election was mail-by vote. So your argument of people ' not showing up' does not apply here.

And from what you and other democrats are saying, that's the way the 2020 election should be.

So no excuses here other than, Democrats are hurting themselves with their response to COVID. Which in my opinion is far worse than Trump's response at present with their authoritative and tyrannical tendencies with the excuse of COVID in order to justify them.
Last edited by AirWorthy99 on Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22329
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.


Nobody said a single district election is a referendum on the current administration except you just now. The referendum on the current administration are more wide spread elections like Wisconsin or the federal mid terms. One district does not a referendum make.

The more king MAGA keeps talking and spouting off childish insults and insane conspiracy theories that can be debunked in a matter of seconds, he will lose. And those who line up behind him will too. Lindsey Graham has already lost the support of some big money Republican backers. People are losing confidence in McConnell as well. And, with dear leader calling women nasty and that any media outlet that challenges him is fake for reporting facts and being bored with covid-19 so we are fine but he never said that just like when he told people to drink bleach he never said that and his failure at everything and giving his family money and high paying jobs..... We The People are fed up with this. Yes, Hillary was bad but she would never have been this bad. Millions across the country have buyers remorse and that is getting stronger and stronger every time he opens his orange mouth.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This flipping of the seat is a big thing, even if those on the left who dismiss this and say that in November it will be democrat again.

Why is it a big thing?

The media, the left and democrats have said that all elections are a referendum on Trump. Well, if its so why did the Republicans flip this seat? yes its a purple district but if Trump had handled so badly COVID and going back further, impeachment (anyone remembers this it was in February) because of Trump the GOP will lose badly all the time.

Well, it is not like that. American's know who Trump is, and those who hate him voted against him in 2016 and lost. Those who know how he is but don't care, they vote for whoever they wish to vote, not against Trump.

So despite the media, left and democrats claiming everything bad is because of Trump, its not going to work on swing states and purple districts. The 2020 election is a toss up, and from the look of it, if Democrats keep the panic and keep everything closed narrative, they are bound to lose, and lose badly.

Most Americans don't like government handouts. They like to work, and from my point of view, Democrat politicians are now not allowing people to work, this election was in California, Los Angeles county, where Democrats control and say everything needs to be kept shut down not because of science but because I say so. No deaths for 14 deaths sounds like a good scientific guided measure to start opening? or the Mayor of LA saying that everything will be like this till a cure or a vaccine is out, ignoring the fact that they may NEVER be a vaccine.

All across the country, we are seeing this. Yes Trump really messed up the messaging and the early government response, but after that his administration has done a decent job, preventing the 2 millions of lives that they expected would be lost from this pandemic. And now, democrats are messing up with these messaging saying we should be kept lock down for ever and ever, since they apparently say that no lives should be lost at all, an amazing goal which its unrealistic on really any public policy, since all of them have risks.

Time will go on and the democrats will be seen as the party of the don't go out don't work, unreasonable lock down and the GOP as the party of open up carefully and get people back to work.

If that's what's coming for November, I expect Trump to win big and the democrats to lose the house. They are setting this up themselves.


Nobody said a single district election is a referendum on the current administration except you just now. The referendum on the current administration are more wide spread elections like Wisconsin or the federal mid terms. One district does not a referendum make.

The more king MAGA keeps talking and spouting off childish insults and insane conspiracy theories that can be debunked in a matter of seconds, he will lose. And those who line up behind him will too. Lindsey Graham has already lost the support of some big money Republican backers. People are losing confidence in McConnell as well. And, with dear leader calling women nasty and that any media outlet that challenges him is fake for reporting facts and being bored with covid-19 so we are fine but he never said that just like when he told people to drink bleach he never said that and his failure at everything and giving his family money and high paying jobs..... We The People are fed up with this. Yes, Hillary was bad but she would never have been this bad. Millions across the country have buyers remorse and that is getting stronger and stronger every time he opens his orange mouth.


Sure 2018 a referendum on Trump:

The midterms are a referendum on Trump. He's embracing it https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first- ... it-n920086

Ratify or reject? Midterm elections offer referendum on Trump presidency: ANALYSIS https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ratify- ... d=58930353

US midterms: a referendum on Donald Trump https://www.ft.com/content/b6907d3e-d05 ... 74db66bcd5

If we go by that same standard, Trump is winning ...
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
About this, you really think its science- based to come up with a guideline that says that there shouldn't be COVID deaths for 14 straight days?

Find out how many Flu deaths occur and see if there is any stretch of days in California that goes without a flu death for 14 days.


If the CDC and NIH put it out, then it’s science-based, yes. If you have better knowledge and analysis then they, let’s have it. And no, you can’t mention the flu, because that’s a different disease. Nice red herring though!

And you failed to answer my question about having explored LA county, since you are mentioning it so much, what’s your experience with it?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11296
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:03 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


I guess its not a big deal, considering Hill won with almost 8% more than her GOP rival in 2018.

An article from December:

The special election to fill the few months left in Hill’s term will be more than just a chance to choose a new member of Congress. Democrats and Republicans from across the country will be looking at the contest for an indication of how the political winds are blowing in advance of next November’s presidential election....

....Then there’s the election itself. The 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. But that has changed as younger voters from Los Angeles have moved north, looking for cheaper housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 878958.php

But again, keep down playing this. This election, like it or not was a referendum on the Democrat politicians who have been the most authoritative and enforcers of the lock downs. For months we have been told the GOP will lose badly because of Impeachment and Trump's handling of COVID. It seems that's not the case. Look at the margin of Garcia's win.



Where did I downplay it. Your letter says it all.

: 25th Congressional District, which includes the Los Angeles County desert towns of Lancaster and Palmdale and extends west to Simi Valley in Ventura County, was a longtime GOP stronghold. "

As I said, when you have the full voting population forth in Novermber it will highlight what the local political feeling is. if it was a "refernendum" on anything, I would have imagined more than 60% of the 2018 electorate would have shown up.


I think you are forgetting one important thing. This election was mail-by vote. So your argument of people ' not showing up' does not apply here.

And from what you and other democrats are saying, that's the way the 2020 election should be.

So no excuses here other than, Democrats are hurting themselves with their response to COVID. Which in my opinion is far worse than Trump's response at present with their authoritative and tyrannical tendencies with the excuse of COVID in order to justify them.


This election was in person as well as alternative ways to vote. It was still 80,000-100,000 less than a prime election day vote. We will see how it goes in November.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
About this, you really think its science- based to come up with a guideline that says that there shouldn't be COVID deaths for 14 straight days?

Find out how many Flu deaths occur and see if there is any stretch of days in California that goes without a flu death for 14 days.


If the CDC and NIH put it out, then it’s science-based, yes. If you have better knowledge and analysis then they, let’s have it. And no, you can’t mention the flu, because that’s a different disease. Nice red herring though!

And you failed to answer my question about having explored LA county, since you are mentioning it so much, what’s your experience with it?


I don't think any other state is going to do this, because is not science based.

And its not science based to actually think that the government can for some reason shield millions of people from dying from absolutely almost nothing. So the government playing God saying that their goal is 0 deaths for 14 days, is not only an unreachable goal but a very stupid one which will be completely impossible to accomplish.

Not even prisoners which the government has full control over, aren't completely shut out of COVID much less not dying.

You are proud of your governor, but allow me to say he is not basing himself on facts, science and not even common sense. Governor Desantis which governs a huge state, with a population that is more at risk of dying from COVID, has in reality followed science, facts and common sense. And as you can see, Florida has done great in this. Last I checked California is still having spikes and increases in cases. Based on results and facts not feelings and polls, Desantis is beating the crap out of Newsom.

And to answer your question, yes CA is a very politically diverse state.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:08 pm

casinterest wrote:

This election was in person as well as alternative ways to vote. It was still 80,000-100,000 less than a prime election day vote. We will see how it goes in November.


That still doesn't justify saying the election was lost for the Democrats because people did not vote. Anyone who wanted could have voted.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:17 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
About this, you really think its science- based to come up with a guideline that says that there shouldn't be COVID deaths for 14 straight days?

Find out how many Flu deaths occur and see if there is any stretch of days in California that goes without a flu death for 14 days.


If the CDC and NIH put it out, then it’s science-based, yes. If you have better knowledge and analysis then they, let’s have it. And no, you can’t mention the flu, because that’s a different disease. Nice red herring though!

And you failed to answer my question about having explored LA county, since you are mentioning it so much, what’s your experience with it?


I don't think any other state is going to do this, because is not science based.

And its not science based to actually think that the government can for some reason shield millions of people from dying from absolutely almost nothing. So the government playing God saying that their goal is 0 deaths for 14 days, is not only an unreachable goal but a very stupid one which will be completely impossible to accomplish.

Not even prisoners which the government has full control over, aren't completely shut out of COVID much less not dying.

You are proud of your governor, but allow me to say he is not basing himself on facts, science and not even common sense. Governor Desantis which governs a huge state, with a population that is more at risk of dying from COVID, has in reality followed science, facts and common sense. And as you can see, Florida has done great in this. Last I checked California is still having spikes and increases in cases. Based on results and facts not feelings and polls, Desantis is beating the crap out of Newsom.

And to answer your question, yes CA is a very politically diverse state.


No idea what that word salad was about. Perhaps you need the link to the guidelines again?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

As for the strict guidelines Newsom has issued, that is because some counties have not followed the existing criteria and have allowed major employers to defy closures - which most of us feel is plain irresponsible. Yes, this means you Tesla.

Interesting how despite being asked twice you failed to actually answer. Once more: have you explored LA county *personally* or not? Asking because you don’t see me opining about Broward or Escambia at length because I don’t personally know enough about them to say anything authoritative.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Yeah...because covid-19's shutdown is the only thing on voters' minds when they go to the polls in November. Let's leave aside a botched response that, had it been enacted or corrected earlier, would have resulted in a lowed impact; let's leave aside the farmers struggling with tariffs and now facing shutdown and lower demand; let's leave aside the manufacturers in the Rust Belt whose jobs were never guaranteed, even after voting for the guy who said he'd make deals to bring those jobs back; let's leave aside the coal miners whose industry is still not revived; let's leave aside the conservatives in blue states feeling the impacts and disregard of Republicans who lump them with liberals and whose policies affect them regardless (the reason many GOP seats flipped in NJ, NY, and CA, giving Democrats a boost in the House); let's leave aside the voters who, when forced to choose between Trump and Clinton, gave Trump the vote (or voted 3rd party) because they thought Trump was "the businessman the country needed and would drain the swamp" (even though the swamp is probably dirtier than ever and the emperor has no clothes).


It will be a tough sell for Biden and Pelosi in November. Since the democrats are the party who are weak on China, which is why we are in this predicament right now.

American's aren't stupid, they know why we are going through this, they know very well the economy was great, our lives were wonderful before COVID. And despite Trump's early mistakes on this, he will be seen as tough on China, and strong on the economy because if anything we know from the Obama-Biden years was how weak they were against China and how weak the economic growth was after the great recession.

So far, the democrat response to COVID has been horrible to my eyes. We have seen what the governor of Michigan has done, we have seen the governor from Illinois, the disaster created by Governor Cuomo in NY (sending COVID positives back to nursing homes and allowing the subways to run), the stupidity of the mayors of NY and LA, and Pelosi telling us we should stay home and forget about our constitutional rights and freedoms. That's the image being painted right now from Democrats, that's not good for you because GOP enthusiasm will be bigger come November, and independents will certainly forget about impeachment and Trump's stupidity and want to move on. Handing the WH again to Trump and possibly flipping the house.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

As for the strict guidelines Newsom has issued, that is because some counties have not followed the existing criteria and have allowed major employers to defy closures - which most of us feel is plain irresponsible. Yes, this means you Tesla.


Its unfortunate for California because if they keep this up, the exodus that was going on pre-COVID, will be much higher if they keep thinking government enforced lockdowns and orders are a real science, facts, and common sense based. When they are not.

Like I said, if you really think the government can actually control's people behavior and an invisible virus, take a look at the prisons. There they have full control of people and yet COVID is there.

You have to let the individual be responsible, let businesses come up with solutions and measures.

Soon enough the government with extremely strict measures and impossible goals will lose legitimacy and then people won't really care about guidelines, and the virus will spread worse.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:36 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Yeah...because covid-19's shutdown is the only thing on voters' minds when they go to the polls in November. Let's leave aside a botched response that, had it been enacted or corrected earlier, would have resulted in a lowed impact; let's leave aside the farmers struggling with tariffs and now facing shutdown and lower demand; let's leave aside the manufacturers in the Rust Belt whose jobs were never guaranteed, even after voting for the guy who said he'd make deals to bring those jobs back; let's leave aside the coal miners whose industry is still not revived; let's leave aside the conservatives in blue states feeling the impacts and disregard of Republicans who lump them with liberals and whose policies affect them regardless (the reason many GOP seats flipped in NJ, NY, and CA, giving Democrats a boost in the House); let's leave aside the voters who, when forced to choose between Trump and Clinton, gave Trump the vote (or voted 3rd party) because they thought Trump was "the businessman the country needed and would drain the swamp" (even though the swamp is probably dirtier than ever and the emperor has no clothes).


It will be a tough sell for Biden and Pelosi in November. Since the democrats are the party who are weak on China, which is why we are in this predicament right now.

American's aren't stupid, they know why we are going through this, they know very well the economy was great, our lives were wonderful before COVID. And despite Trump's early mistakes on this, he will be seen as tough on China, and strong on the economy because if anything we know from the Obama-Biden years was how weak they were against China and how weak the economic growth was after the great recession.

So far, the democrat response to COVID has been horrible to my eyes. We have seen what the governor of Michigan has done, we have seen the governor from Illinois, the disaster created by Governor Cuomo in NY (sending COVID positives back to nursing homes and allowing the subways to run), the stupidity of the mayors of NY and LA, and Pelosi telling us we should stay home and forget about our constitutional rights and freedoms. That's the image being painted right now from Democrats, that's not good for you because GOP enthusiasm will be bigger come November, and independents will certainly forget about impeachment and Trump's stupidity and want to move on. Handing the WH again to Trump and possibly flipping the house.


Pure fantasy - trained economists know the economy was a house of cards before this, though the wealthy were doing quite well. What does it say about the economy overall that we’ve wiped out 35 million jobs (over 20% of the adult labor force) with just a -5% quarter in GDP? It says things were basically BS with every corner of the economy fully financialized.

To quote Charles Hugh Smith: The core problem is the U.S. economy has been fully financialized, and so costs are unaffordable. The commercial property owner overpaid for the buildings with cheap borrowed money, and now the owner must collect nose-bleed high rents or he can't make the mortgage and property tax payments.

Local governments spend every dime of tax revenues, as their costs are insanely high as well. They cannot survive a 10% decline in tax revenues, much less a 40% drop.


https://www.oftwominds.com/blogmay20/ma ... ?fullweb=1

Chew on that awhile.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11978
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

As for the strict guidelines Newsom has issued, that is because some counties have not followed the existing criteria and have allowed major employers to defy closures - which most of us feel is plain irresponsible. Yes, this means you Tesla.


Its unfortunate for California because if they keep this up, the exodus that was going on pre-COVID, will be much higher if they keep thinking government enforced lockdowns and orders are a real science, facts, and common sense based. When they are not.

Like I said, if you really think the government can actually control's people behavior and an invisible virus, take a look at the prisons. There they have full control of people and yet COVID is there.

You have to let the individual be responsible, let businesses come up with solutions and measures.

Soon enough the government with extremely strict measures and impossible goals will lose legitimacy and then people won't really care about guidelines, and the virus will spread worse.


Why are you beyond hesitant to answer a simple question? Worse than my nephew!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11296
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 6:49 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This election was in person as well as alternative ways to vote. It was still 80,000-100,000 less than a prime election day vote. We will see how it goes in November.


That still doesn't justify saying the election was lost for the Democrats because people did not vote. Anyone who wanted could have voted.



Anyone could have, but as stated, this is a historically republican district.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8364
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 9:14 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
So far, the democrat response to COVID has been horrible to my eyes.
You're seeing what you want to see then. So far, the majority of the governors' approval ratings and handling of the situation is high. If any governor loses reelection in 2022 it won't be because of the covid response.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
That's the image being painted right now from Democrats, that's not good for you because GOP enthusiasm will be bigger come November, and independents will certainly forget about impeachment and Trump's stupidity and want to move on. Handing the WH again to Trump and possibly flipping the house.

This is up there with AA747123's boast that the 2020 election will result in a landslide for Trump even greater than the 1984 Reagan landslide.

Trump will be forced to reckon with a sloppy response to a crisis and face the fact that his tax cuts did not save or spur the economy (even before the covid outbreak), that he did NOT reduce the deficit as he said he would (even before covid, it's been growing), that he has been soft on China (after all, he said he'd label China a currency manipulator on day 1), that he has not brought back manufacturing jobs, and that the swamp he'd promise to drain is filthier than ever. You can bet that ads in battleground states will air 24/7 reminding folks of that. No need to touch impeachment.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: California 25 race conceded

Fri May 15, 2020 11:24 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You're seeing what you want to see then. So far, the majority of the governors' approval ratings and handling of the situation is high. If any governor loses reelection in 2022 it won't be because of the covid response.


Well, the data says that, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ politics is local, the data shows democratic governor states with the worse death per capita due to COVID. Each state the same way they enforce lock downs and authoritative policies, they also need to own up to their mistakes. If Trump is responsible for all states response, then allow him to open up at his discretion then.

We want to claim each state is separate from the US federal government for some things and not for others.

einsteinboricua wrote:
This is up there with AA747123's boast that the 2020 election will result in a landslide for Trump even greater than the 1984 Reagan landslide.

Trump will be forced to reckon with a sloppy response to a crisis and face the fact that his tax cuts did not save or spur the economy (even before the covid outbreak), that he did NOT reduce the deficit as he said he would (even before covid, it's been growing), that he has been soft on China (after all, he said he'd label China a currency manipulator on day 1), that he has not brought back manufacturing jobs, and that the swamp he'd promise to drain is filthier than ever. You can bet that ads in battleground states will air 24/7 reminding folks of that. No need to touch impeachment.


Not saying he will win in a landslide, those things are of the past. If anything this race can say is, its a heavily democrat state, on a purple district. The democrats re-took the house winning districts such as these, if they wish to keep the majority they can't lose seats like these.

From my perspective, the lock downs in California did have something to do with this.

For all the talk of Trump, his approval numbers haven't dipped, they have kept steady https://news.gallup.com/interactives/18 ... enter.aspx

In any case we are still far from November, a lot can happen, things might get worse with COVID or they can get better, and even a vaccine can happen. Who knows. Back in February we all remembered how all the talk of impeachment was going to bring his presidency down in November, people barely remember that now. So its too far to know at this point.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, Baidu [Spider], dc10bhx, qfflyer, speedygonzales and 59 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos