Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

9Patch
Topic Author

Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine

Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 pm

President Trump told reporters Monday that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine for about a week and a half and that the White House physician knows he is taking the anti-malaria drug despite the fact that he continues to test negative for the coronavirus.

Clinical trials, academic research and scientific analysis indicate that the danger of the drug is a significantly increased risk of death for certain patients, particularly those with heart problems. Trump dismissed those concerns, saying he has heard about the drug’s benefits from doctors and others he has spoken with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Of course he lying, just like he lies about everything else. I'd love for it to be true, and for him to take lots of it. His voters as well.

winginit

Re: Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine

Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 pm

distract. distract. distract.

Trump is now well aware that we're on the cusp of the death toll in the United States surpassing 100,000, thus putting us in the range of the initial death projections that terrified the country initially. That will be a very, very bad look, so he's distracting accordingly to muddy the media narrative even if it means making ridiculous claims like that he's currently taking Hydroxychloroquine.

Okie

Tue May 19, 2020 12:05 am

winginit wrote:
Trump is now well aware that we're on the cusp of the death toll in the United States surpassing 100,000, thus putting us in the range of the initial death projections that terrified the country initially. That will be a very, very bad look, so he's distracting accordingly to muddy the media narrative even if it means making ridiculous claims like that he's currently taking Hydroxychloroquine.

I will politely ask for your source that Trump is not taking Hydroxychloroquine.

Okie

wingman

Tue May 19, 2020 1:06 am

Fingers crossed!

NIKV69

Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 am

Not sure about this one. It may be a stunt to get the MSM to lose their sanity more than normal I mean that stuff is nasty why take it if you don't need it. Oh well either way it's having it's effect and stoking more TDS
I am the Googlizer!!!

9Patch
Topic Author

Tue May 19, 2020 1:28 am

Okie wrote:
winginit wrote:

I will politely ask for your source that Trump is not taking Hydroxychloroquine.

Okie

How do we know it's not true?
Because Trump says it's true.

casinterest

Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 am

Trump probably couldn't read the label.
It is probably just the water he takes with his flintstone vitamins.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Newark727

Tue May 19, 2020 1:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Not sure about this one. It may be a stunt to get the MSM to lose their sanity more than normal I mean that stuff is nasty why take it if you don't need it. Oh well either way it's having it's effect and stoking more TDS

Yes, I'm sure it's Trump laying a cunning political trap for his enemies and definitely not forgetting the name of whatever drug he's taking and substituting something he heard recently that sounds just about right...

WarRI1

Tue May 19, 2020 1:42 am

NIKV69 wrote:

For the 1 thousand eight hundredth time, what is Fox News? You use the abbreviation MSM as all you rightist types love to do, but you never classify Fox News. What is it? As a man once said to the Russians who lied as bad and as much as trump, many years ago and I quote him. "I am prepared to wait until hell freezes over for the answer or the truth" :liar: :liar: pants on fire.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

dragon-wings

Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am

I think he is lying about this. The FDA says it should only be taken for Covid19 in a hospital or research setting because of the potential side effects, so the presidents doctor is going against the FDA and letting him take this drug?
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

alfa164

Tue May 19, 2020 2:01 am

9Patch wrote:
President Trump told reporters Monday that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine for about a week and a half and that the White House physician knows he is taking the anti-malaria drug despite the fact that he continues to test negative for the coronavirus.
Clinical trials, academic research and scientific analysis indicate that the danger of the drug is a significantly increased risk of death for certain patients, particularly those with heart problems. Trump dismissed those concerns, saying he has heard about the drug’s benefits from doctors and others he has spoken with.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Of course he lying, just like he lies about everything else. I'd love for it to be true, and for him to take lots of it. His voters as well.

If only he had gone for the bleach alternative...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Kent350787

Tue May 19, 2020 2:11 am

This man has no idea, absolutely no idea of what role the President ought to play in civil society during a crisis. He is a source of dangerous misinformation and little else other than base level trolling.

That the US has descended to a level that you have this type of person as head of state still leaves me incredulous. It almost makes me want to renounce my republican beliefs for my own country.
S340
J31
F27/F50
Q100/200
E195
146-300
733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789
320/321/332/333/345/359

Jetty

Tue May 19, 2020 2:20 am

I commend the POTUS for trialing a potentially super-duper medicine. :thumbsup:

9Patch
Topic Author

Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 am

Jetty wrote:

Game changer!

einsteinboricua

Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 am

I actually am still amazed that people don't see the "Let them eat cake" attitude.

There's no need for tests, but the White House is stocked with them, everyone is tested daily, and if you're positive, you're quarantined. No need for medicine that's been proven to be ineffective (or provide no added benefit), but let's take it to "prevent" covid.

Yet Joe Average, whether in urban NYC or rural SD, has no access to any of these.

Okie wrote:

Given that hydroxychloroquine was meant to TREAT, not PREVENT covid, I find it had to believe that he is. Additionally, with all the lies in the past 3.5 years alone, I'll take a bet on that he is NOT taking hydroxychloroquine. Given that the cocktail he's using of HCQ with zinc and azythromicin has been linked to cardiac arrest, I REALLY doubt he's putting his life at risk. One more piece of evidence: his doctor never confirmed that he prescribed Trump the medicine (and don't come at me with crap about HIPPA...if you're boasting about the pills you're taking, then that's public knowledge and a doctor can confirm/deny it).

Your turn. Show/convince us that he IS taking HCQ other than "I am" or "You can't prove he isn't" (by that logic, I won the most recent Powerball jackpot, and because you can't prove that I didn't, I'm right).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Aaron747

Tue May 19, 2020 2:44 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
I actually am still amazed that people don't see the "Let them eat cake" attitude.

There's no need for tests, but the White House is stocked with them, everyone is tested daily, and if you're positive, you're quarantined. No need for medicine that's been proven to be ineffective (or provide no added benefit), but let's take it to "prevent" covid.

Yet Joe Average, whether in urban NYC or rural SD, has no access to any of these.

:checkmark: THIS. The hallmark of this administration’s pandemic response has been exactly that. Friendly company? First in line for R&D fast tracking. Wealthy? First in line for testing. Donor? ‘Small business’ loans disbursed quickly while millions wait. It’s bloody stunning to watch.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

LCDFlight

Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 am

What else can we make him eat? He seems pretty game to ingest anything.

stl07

Tue May 19, 2020 3:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

:checkmark: THIS. The hallmark of this administration’s pandemic response has been exactly that. Friendly company? First in line for R&D fast tracking. Wealthy? First in line for testing. Donor? ‘Small business’ loans disbursed quickly while millions wait. It’s bloody stunning to watch.

My neighbor owns a business and is getting screwed because he can't get loans. But he's still voting Trump because he knows the liberals will "screw him over" like they did when he lived back in California. Like Trump said, if he stand on the corner of 5th av and shot someone, their friends and family will still vote for him
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

ltbewr

Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 am

It is well documented that Hitler has his personal doctors give him a mix of drugs to keep him going from the mid-1930's to the end of his life. https://www.history.com/news/inside-the ... zi-germany
Guess Trump has taken another lesson from his mentor. :twisted: This is a very dangerous drug with potentially severe side affects in particular with his likely poor health issues (obesity, poor diet, age).
Any doctor that would prescribe him this drug must be a total sellout to him and not adhearing to the Oath of Doctors. Perhaps he is giving Trump a placebo to shut him up (and it failed), maybe a cover for a very real physical ailment, something that has a long history with American Presidents including Wilson (stroke), FDR (in his last year before his death), Eisenhower (serious heart trouble), JFK (Addison's Disease, severe back pain) and Reagan (Alzheimers).

DLFREEBIRD

Tue May 19, 2020 4:19 am

WarRI1 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

For the 1 thousand eight hundredth time, what is Fox News? You use the abbreviation MSM as all you rightist types love to do, but you never classify Fox News. What is it? As a man once said to the Russians who lied as bad and as much as trump, many years ago and I quote him. "I am prepared to wait until hell freezes over for the answer or the truth" :liar: :liar: pants on fire.

MSM means mainstream media, which means they are wearing tin foil hats while they tune in to the looney news.

tommy1808

Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 am

winginit wrote:
distract. distract. distract.

Remeber when the Trumpistas here and elsewhere were outraged about the government using a too pessimistic model?
Well, that was when it predicted 65k dead till August!

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

tommy1808

Tue May 19, 2020 4:33 am

ltbewr wrote:
Any doctor that would prescribe him this drug must be a total sellout to him and not adhearing to the Oath of Doctors.

Or the doctor made the right decission between that oath and one given when joining the armed forces. In that case: keep.up the good work!

Best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Tue May 19, 2020 5:29 am

Interessting how he says "i would take it"....

His dementia starts really getting in the way of his ability to lie.

CaliAtenza

Tue May 19, 2020 6:05 am

stl07 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

My neighbor owns a business and is getting screwed because he can't get loans. But he's still voting Trump because he knows the liberals will "screw him over" like they did when he lived back in California. Like Trump said, if he stand on the corner of 5th av and shot someone, their friends and family will still vote for him

Your neighbor is a sad sad person.

stl07

Tue May 19, 2020 7:08 am

CaliAtenza wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

That's the thing though. He is a good guy and normally makes perfectly rational decisions, I don't quite understand how trump managed to fool him.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

bgm

Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 am

stl07 wrote:
CaliAtenza wrote:
stl07 wrote:

That's the thing though. He is a good guy and normally makes perfectly rational decisions, I don't quite understand how trump managed to fool him.

I'm sure people said that about others before they moved to Jonestown.
Buttery males.

kaitak

Tue May 19, 2020 8:35 am

As someone said on another site, he's the first president to be assassinated by his own IQ!

JJJ

Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Not sure about this one. It may be a stunt to get the MSM to lose their sanity more than normal I mean that stuff is nasty why take it if you don't
need it. Oh well either way it's having it's effect and stoking more TDS

Back in the day I took quite a bit of Hydroxychloroquine when flying to malaria-ridden countries. You would start taking pills a week earlier and end the treatment until some time later.

Now it had quite a few side effects so I'm pretty sure an overweight 73-year old man shouldn't be taking it.

scbriml

Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Remeber when the Trumpistas here and elsewhere were outraged about the government using a too pessimistic model?

Yes. :scratchchin:

Before the end of this week, America will hit 100,000 deaths. But hey, it's just 'flu - why should it stop me living my life? Without the measure taken, the death toll would probably be double and healthcare overwhelmed. But hey, it's just 'flu - why can't I go to the gym and restaurants?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

bgm

Tue May 19, 2020 8:58 am

NIKV69 wrote:

That's right - take a dangerous drug just to stick it to the libz! We can only hope the MAGAts will follow suit.

It's beautiful to watch Darwinism in action.

kaitak wrote:
As someone said on another site, he's the first president to be assassinated by his own IQ!

:rotfl:
Buttery males.

Reinhardt

Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am

He's probably got money someone tied up in hydroxychloroquine and it's purely a stunt to try and boost share prices or something. With Trump you can be sure the only thing he does something for is his own self interest and for money. Repercussions be damned.

Aaron747

Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am

Reinhardt wrote:
He's probably got money someone tied up in hydroxychloroquine and it's purely a stunt to try and boost share prices or something. With Trump you can be sure the only thing he does something for is his own self interest and for money. Repercussions be damned.

Intelligent people are aware he wouldn’t always be hard up for a cash grab of a few million here and there if he were truly a billionaire.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 pm

scbriml wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Before the end of this week, America will hit 100,000 deaths. But hey, it's just 'flu - why should it stop me living my life? Without the measure taken, the death toll would probably be double and healthcare overwhelmed. But hey, it's just 'flu - why can't I go to the gym and restaurants?

... and had measures been taken two weeks earlier, there probably would have been 90% less fatalities based on the pre lockdown increase of ~30%/day.

Best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Tue May 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

Intelligent people are aware he wouldn’t always be hard up for a cash grab of a few million here and there if he were truly a billionaire.

:checkmark:
Who would be surprised that his frequent trips to his own properties where simply needed for liquidity infusions by drastically overcharging the US taxpayer?
We know that his net value once was negative from his own daughter.

Ivanka Trump wrote:
I remember once my father and I were walking down Fifth Avenue and there was a homeless person sitting right outside of Trump Tower and I remember my father pointing to him and saying, ‘You know, that guy has $8 billion more than me,’ because he was in such extreme debt at that point, you know?

So... his 8 Billion may be correct if you write it as |-8| billion.

If he had truly made 16 billion since then, he would be talking about it ALL the time.

Best regards
Thomas

afcjets

Tue May 19, 2020 1:27 pm

When I first heard this, I immediately thought this either means he has it or was exposed to it and I thought that would be the headline, yet no one's mentioning that.

casinterest

Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm

What i want to know, is why would Trump take it? He already has shown he doesn't give a damn about wearing a mask. The interesting article I linked in the Sinclair ad buy article highlights a major buy of ad time for Hydroxychloroquine. Is there a money driven agenda behind this pushing of a drug that is known to have serious side effects while not providing effective treatment of Covid?

Aaron747

Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
What i want to know, is why would Trump take it? He already has shown he doesn't give a damn about wearing a mask. The interesting article I linked in the Sinclair ad buy article highlights a major buy of ad time for Hydroxychloroquine. Is there a money driven agenda behind this pushing of a drug that is known to have serious side effects while not providing effective treatment of Covid?

It’s a good question - Laura Ingraham has been pushing the hell out of it, though other Fox hosts have backed off and been skeptical of late.

winginit

Tue May 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Okie wrote:
winginit wrote:

Okie

I will politely ask you to point out where I said he's not taking Hydroxychloroquine. I made no judgement as to whether he is or isn't, and the claim is ridiculous either way.

Dutchy

Tue May 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Oh boy, last time he said Hydroxychloroquine was the bomb, it caused an actual shortage in the US. There are 100.000 people who actually need it as a treatment for their illness. So it is not even without danger - apart from taking it of course, there are well-known side effects to this.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

seb146

Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 pm

I, personally, am taking great pleasure watching the MAGA melt down of Pelosi calling him "morbidly obese" after the years and years of his name calling and bullying and childish behavior

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pelosi-res ... dly-obese/

The irony of this is just so delicious it must be fattening!

Yes, him saying he is taking a medicine that has proven to be no effect at all is simply deflection. Not actual leadership. He thinks it is, but it is not. He is deflecting from his failure to protect the American people, his firing of inspectors general and replacing them with no one at all, and the actual timeline of Flynn/Kisliak calls. Many, many reasons to deflect instead of lead. But, he gets to hold yet another campaign rally and then golf again, so we are done, I guess?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

casinterest

Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm

afcjets wrote:
When I first heard this, I immediately thought this either means he has it or was exposed to it and I thought that would be the headline, yet no one's mentioning that.

I would expect him to be honest about it, but perhaps i expect too much?
My guess is that the staffers that were diagnosed, scared him into getting it prescribed as a precaution, but the logic still doesn't fit.

MaverickM11

Wed May 20, 2020 1:17 am

Jetty wrote:

Especially a morbidly obese man with heart issues taking a drug that could blow up his heart. I say chloroquine smoothies for everyone in the admin and Fox News!
Next he needs to inject disinfectant to prove to us it works. :rotfl:

stl07 wrote:
CaliAtenza wrote:
stl07 wrote:

People whose lives were saved by Obamacare and voted for Trump are a not insignificant demographic

afcjets wrote:

How is MAGA world spinning this? Since there's no reason for him to take it if he hasn't been exposed to Covid19, especially being a fat, unhealthy sack of garbage. My hunch is it is like when MAGAts scrambled to tell us all why injecting disinfectant and shining light up your butt was really smart...until Twitler undercut them all by saying he was being sarcastic 24 hours later.

tommy1808 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

... and had measures been taken two weeks earlier, there probably would have been 90% less fatalities based on the pre lockdown increase of ~30%/day.

Best regards
Thomas

Trump can tell himself "heckuva job brownie/orangie!"
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Wed May 20, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take responsibility at all

Newark727

Wed May 20, 2020 1:20 am

I still think that this is probably some giant tragicomic misunderstanding that started when someone put the wrong label on Trump's Tylenol and continues because the man has to be absolutely right about everything at all times, and everyone must be informed of such.

MaverickM11

Wed May 20, 2020 1:28 am

Newark727 wrote:
I still think that this is probably some giant tragicomic misunderstanding that started when someone put the wrong label on Trump's Tylenol and continues because the man has to be absolutely right about everything at all times, and everyone must be informed of such.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: This is exactly what I think. He saw someone mention chloroquine on his "The Cow Says Moo" Fox News Picture book and ran with it, and the right instantly jumped in line to support him without question, closing the self fulfilling prophecy loop and here we are.
I don't take responsibility at all

9Patch
Topic Author

Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 am

Newark727 wrote:

Exactly:

There was a specific reason for President Trump’s sudden announcement on Monday that he was taking the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine. His goal was to undermine a whistleblower who had raised questions about the administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a whistleblower who claimed that it was his skepticism about the utility of the drug that led to his firing. How could hydroxychloroquine be as dangerous as former top vaccine official Rick Bright suggested, Trump offered, given that he himself was using it?

“The only negative I’ve heard was the study where they gave it — was it the VA?” Trump said, referring to the Department of Veterans Affairs. “With, you know, people that aren’t big Trump fans gave it.” He then went on to express surprise at this perceived disloyalty from VA, given the legislation he had signed to support it. (The legislation he mentioned was in fact first signed by President Barack Obama.)

“There was a false study done where they gave it to very sick people, extremely sick people, people that were ready to die,” he said. “It was given by obviously not friends of the administration.” He later added that it “was a phony study and it’s very dangerous to do it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... r-results/

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was right when he called Trump an 'effing moron.'
Chief economic advisor Gary Cohn was right when he called him 'dumb as sh*t.'
The North Koreans were right when they called him a 'dotard.'
I grieve for my country.

alfa164

Wed May 20, 2020 2:24 am

Newark727 wrote:

:checkmark: I think you are onto something! It is interesting that his doctor didn't explicitly say he was taking the drug:

"A letter from the White House physician released later Monday said he and Trump concluded "the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks." The letter did not include any information about the dosage or explicitly state that Trump had been prescribed the drug."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498560-trump-defends-hydroxychloroquine-use-after-meeting-with-gop-senators
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Aaron747

Wed May 20, 2020 2:34 am

9Patch wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

Exactly:

There was a specific reason for President Trump’s sudden announcement on Monday that he was taking the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine. His goal was to undermine a whistleblower who had raised questions about the administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a whistleblower who claimed that it was his skepticism about the utility of the drug that led to his firing. How could hydroxychloroquine be as dangerous as former top vaccine official Rick Bright suggested, Trump offered, given that he himself was using it?

“The only negative I’ve heard was the study where they gave it — was it the VA?” Trump said, referring to the Department of Veterans Affairs. “With, you know, people that aren’t big Trump fans gave it.” He then went on to express surprise at this perceived disloyalty from VA, given the legislation he had signed to support it. (The legislation he mentioned was in fact first signed by President Barack Obama.)

“There was a false study done where they gave it to very sick people, extremely sick people, people that were ready to die,” he said. “It was given by obviously not friends of the administration.” He later added that it “was a phony study and it’s very dangerous to do it.”

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was right when he called Trump an 'effing moron.'
I grieve for my country.

I saw Dr. Bright’s interview on 60 Minutes and he certainly comes off more credible and professional than any politician. BARDA doesn’t hire idiots to begin with, so we know who to believe here.

WarRI1

Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
9Patch wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

Exactly:

I grieve for my country.

I saw Dr. Bright’s interview on 60 Minutes and he certainly comes off more credible and professional than any politician. BARDA doesn’t hire idiots to begin with, so we know who to believe here.

I agree with you, in fact who in the trump gang is believable?The W.H. gang tries to make anybody who disagrees with them look like Idiots. In reality we know who the Idiots are. It is a no brainier for anybody who has a sense of reality.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

afcjets

Wed May 20, 2020 3:58 am

casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I would expect him to be honest about it, but perhaps i expect too much?
My guess is that the staffers that were diagnosed, scared him into getting it prescribed as a precaution, but the logic still doesn't fit.

You expect him to be honest? Yet I could probably find over 100 posts of you calling him "the lying, racist coward"

:rotfl:

He will be honest about it if he has it, and it cures him, that you can be assured of.

Ken777

Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 am

Okie wrote:
winginit wrote:

Okie

A lot of folks who are NOT Trumpers will hope that he IS taking that crap. We understand that it can really screw up heart rhythms and might be fatal.
Looking at Trump's obesity and heart issues we might see him having the same heart problems as those who believed him.

As the old joke goes: "If he dies he dies!"