Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Thunderboltdrgn

Re: Another day another police killing

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:02 pm

seb146 wrote:
And now dear leader wants to deploy the military to quash protests

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... d-n1219656
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40316.html

He and his MAGA crew are getting what they want: a military state. A dictatorship. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

What could possibly go wrong when the military is used against civilians? Allot of things....
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:10 pm

N583JB wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
N583JB wrote:
...the worst thing that could happen would be for the DA's office to rush charges based on a shotty case and have the officer acquitted on a technicality...

That excuse ran its course, may be time to find a new excuse.

DAs are confidently prosecuting millions and getting maximum sentences for petty crimes, but failing to prosecute their friends.

It isn't an excuse...just ask the Baltimore DA who lost her job for overprosecuting the Freddy Gray case. If you want this guy to walk, by all means charge him with murder one. Just be prepared to explain why you chose to let him walk in the end when you knew beforehand that the facts don't support a conviction for that charge.

And yet $Millions get paid in settlements. Bottom line, DAs don't want to prosecute their colleagues. First they will try to avoid charges or leave enough loopholes/mistakes that there is a mistrial or acquittal. No wonder there is so much mistrust.

We are only 330 Million of 8 Billion, yet shooting, body slamming 80-year-olds, choking, kneeling down, trashing in a van and tazing without knowing health history is unique to our country.
All posts are just opinions.

seb146

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:25 pm

cpd wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The system is rigged. We have known this and discussed this for a long time. Maybe it is time to burn everything to the ground and start all over again

This is why intelligent debate is impossible.

N583JB wrote:

We don't have to choose between anarchy and a police state.

We don't have a police state. The MSM will always latch on to one bad cop to smear all of law enforcement they have been doing it forever.

There sure seems to be a lot of these “one bad cops”...

Amazing how much that guy gets around. When we see other Police at the point of resigning because they feel ashamed of these bad cops, that says something is wrong.

It cannot be denied that these bad cops exist, what badly needs to happen is a plan to deal with the problem. That plan also cannot be as simple as just throwing them out, you have to change the behaviour. That’s no quick and easy fix.

But all protesters are rioters and violent. Instead of singling out the few, as they are doing, the media and the right are focused on the violent few and painting with a broad brush.

The cop who murdered George Floyd already had 18 complaints filed against him. Minneapolis police have not released details. Another officer who stood by and did nothing also has complaints filed against him including cruel and unusual punishment and had MPD settle a lawsuit against a Black man who was beaten while in handcuffs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minne ... index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/derek ... index.html

Minneapolis police could have done something about these two before George Floyd was murdered. They did not. The entire Minneapolis police force stood by and did nothing.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Tugger

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
someone actually made a study where they looked into racial disparities in fatal police shootings.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

Quote from the article
“We found that the race of the officer doesn’t matter when it comes to predicting whether black or white citizens are shot," Cesario said. "If anything, black citizens are more likely to have been shot by black officers, but this is because black officers are drawn from the same population that they police. So, the more black citizens there are in a community, the more black police officers there are.”

The data show that it’s not racial bias on behalf of white officers relative to black officers when it comes to fatal shootings, and that’s good news. The bad news, Cesario said, is that internal policy changes, such as diversifying police forces, may not reduce shootings of minority citizens.

Beyond officer race, the team drew other conclusions about details related to racial disparities in fatal officer shootings.

“Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. We found that violent crime rates are the driving force behind fatal shootings,” Cesario said. “Our data show that the rate of crime by each racial group correlates with the likelihood of citizens from that racial group being shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of white people committing crimes, white people are more likely to be shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of black people committing crimes, black people are more likely to be shot. It is the best predictor we have of fatal police shootings.”

Well duh! Of course that is the case. But this is not actually discussing and examining the problem that is at the core of the protests: That overall, when compared to how many non-blacks are killed by police, i.e. adjusted for the population difference, more blacks are killed by police enforcement actions than other races.

That is the problem.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Dahlgardo

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
Well duh!

Did you read the quote?

The data show that it’s not racial bias on behalf of white officers relative to black officers when it comes to fatal shootings,
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

Tugger

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Well duh!

Did you read the quote?

The data show that it’s not racial bias on behalf of white officers relative to black officers when it comes to fatal shootings,

Yes, I did in fact. The point I was making was that was not what the protests etc. were about.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

NYCVIE

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:16 pm

N583JB wrote:
2122M wrote:
N583JB wrote:

They aren't? Good. Time to end these protests, then. After all, they all center around one very big "anecdote" in Minneapolis.

I guess you were happy to delete the link I provided from my response highlighting the systemic racism that has existed in our criminal justice system for years now. The same systemic racism that is fueling these protests. I'll attach it again. Have a read and then you can tell me if black Americans have nothing to be upset about.....

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing

People aren't protesting sentencing disparities. They are protesting a murder that happened in Minneapolis. Perhaps you should inform them that anecdotes are not evidence and then maybe all of this madness will stop.

It's very simple minded to think the protests are just about George Floyd. It means you aren't reading or paying attention, or perhaps whatever source suggested to you that the mayor of Minneapolis is black is reporting more erroneous information. The protests are about pervasive systemic racism in the US which continues to this day. Predatory policing and police brutality doesn't always culminate in death.

Dahlgardo

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Tugger wrote:
Yes, I did in fact. The point I was making was that was not what the protests etc. were about.

Tugg

I'm not sure anyone knows what's it all about at the moment.

I'm just responding to the frequent claims in this thread about systemic racism in the US police force.
This study very strongly indicates that is an unfounded accusation.

These sad killings are fortunately very rare, and should be looked upon case to case.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

NYCVIE

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:35 pm

Also there's so much footage, just look it up, of brutal police force being used against peaceful protesters just in the past week. Even yesterday, peaceful protesters were tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets out of the blue more than an hour before curfew... so Trump could walk across the street for his disgusting photo op. So what did they do wrong?

lugie

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 pm

NYCVIE wrote:
Also there's so much footage, just look it up, of brutal police force being used against peaceful protesters just in the past week. Even yesterday, peaceful protesters were tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets out of the blue more than an hour before curfew... so Trump could walk across the street for his disgusting photo op. So what did they do wrong?

What they did wrong was protesting the wrong cause, obviously.

Remember, Trump saw "very fine people" both among the armed protestors storming State Capitols a few weeks ago and the white supremacist Neo-nazis marching on Charlottesville in 2017 chanting "Jews will not replace us".

Somehow though, among all protests happening all over the US, a tiny minority of which turned violent, all Trump sees are "thugs" and "savages".
And, logically, such people need to be cleaned away from the streets.
Even if it comes at the expense of violating the First Amendment, beating up an Australian News crew and just generally using massive violence at a protest against police violence.
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY

zakuivcustom

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 pm

lugie wrote:
Somehow though, among all protests happening all over the US, a tiny minority of which turned violent, all Trump sees are "thugs" and "savages".
Even if it comes at the expense of violating the First Amendment, beating up an Australian News crew and just generally using massive violence at a protest against police violence.

Welcome to Hong Kong...oh wait, this is US right here.

That idiot in chief is probably the same person that sees nothing wrong with that truck driver that want to run over a bunch of protesters on a highway, all the gun-trotting "patriot" driving around in trucks brandishing guns at protesters.

Don't get me started on that photo op...

Seriously, I thought that I was watching news from HK from October/November the past few days, except that it is US news that I am watching.

Yes, the lootings are getting out of hand, but if you really watch the news you know that it is a group of 20-30 people max, out of what? Ten thousands protesters? Of course, news media love those burning buildings and broken glass as that is a lot more "exciting" than a bunch of people chanting slogans.

N583JB

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:01 pm

lugie wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:

Remember, Trump saw "very fine people" both among the armed protestors storming State Capitols a few weeks ago and the white supremacist Neo-nazis marching on Charlottesville in 2017 chanting "Jews will not replace us".

A tiny minority of which turned violent? Rioting and wanton destruction has occurred in cities from coast to coast. People have been killed. Others have been severely injured. Many police officers have been shot. Others have been run over or bludgeoned with blunt objects. The protesters are absolutely not "thugs" and "savages"....the rioters and looters who come once the peaceful protesters go home for the night are, though.

The Australian News crew wasn't "beaten up"....the cameraman was pushed out of the way as a police line moved through to clear a street.

casinterest

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 pm

N583JB wrote:
lugie wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:

A tiny minority of which turned violent? Rioting and wanton destruction has occurred in cities from coast to coast. People have been killed. Others have been severely injured. Many police officers have been shot. Others have been run over or bludgeoned with blunt objects. The protesters are absolutely not "thugs" and "savages"....the rioters and looters who come once the peaceful protesters go home for the night are, though.

The Australian News crew wasn't "beaten up"....the cameraman was pushed out of the way as a police line moved through to clear a street.

pushed brutally out of the way for what? So the lying , racist , misogynist could go hold a bible in front of a church he doesn't attend?
Where ever you go, there you are.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 pm

When did new tradition of arresting news reporters start in America. Are our officials started watching Chinese and Indian TV???

CNN crew arrest on live TV was a shame, they were asking where they should move, one after another taken away in bracelets.

cpd

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
    When did new tradition of arresting news reporters start in America. Are our officials started watching Chinese and Indian TV???

CNN crew arrest on live TV was a shame, they were asking where they should move, one after another taken away in bracelets.

They beat up Australian reporters, arrested another lot (who were from a right wing conservative station). This prompted Australian PM to lodge a diplomatic protest.

Individual Police wouldn’t do this on their own, someone must have told them to target the media.

If I’m not mistaken the Channel Nine crew mentioned the Police said they were just following orders (yes, that defense).

Didn’t the Police know these reporters were on air live? That’s only going to end badly. The reporters can prove they weren’t doing anything illegal.

Someone here mentioned before that the media has security with them, so I ask what was the security doing?

The whole situation has got so heated, I don’t know how far it will go, but someone with a calming influence needs to take over to bring this under control.

Rolling out the military (as much as some would love that) and beating up reporters of allied countries isn’t the answer.

lugie

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:29 pm

N583JB wrote:

Look at the video evidence and then tell me again how that camera man was just "pushed out of the way".

The cop applied absolutely unnecessary force, which they've done to various protestors but this time they were caught doing it to a member of the press from a country that's supposed to be the US's ally.

Wonder what makes them feel so entitled to attack the media, I'm sure it would be outlandish to draw a connection with how the president has for the past 5 years riled his base up against the free press as "enemies of the people" :scratchchin:

Talk about defending the indefensible...

Oh and by the way, if that was proper protocol, it's just another sign of how deep the internal rot within the police force goes when behaving this way, like actual thugs, is endorsed.
    Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
    FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY

zakuivcustom

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

Not a news reporter on livefeed, but arresting journalist is nothing new. This was back in 2015:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... a-reporter

More US policing at work...

NIKV69

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
    Gov. Cuomo stated this evening that he would not deploy the NY guard because he felt NYPD was sufficient.

Macys would disagree.
    I am the Googlizer!!!

Aaron747

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
    Aaron747 wrote:
    Gov. Cuomo stated this evening that he would not deploy the NY guard because he felt NYPD was sufficient.

Macys would disagree.

And now he’s blaming DiBlasio again - same old story.
    If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:59 am

Aaron747 wrote:
    JJJ wrote:
    Newark727 wrote:

Try to contain your excitement.

Because everyone knows two wrongs make a right.

That’s a strawman since almost nobody here has claimed riots are ‘right’.

well.. a good chunk of rioters and looters would appear to be right in deed.

best regards
    Thomas
    Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

LCDFlight

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 am

N583JB wrote:
    lugie wrote:
    NYCVIE wrote:

Exactly. There has been relatively little violence - perhaps less violence than typical in these cities on a warm night.

But there have been massive protests, which give cover to some smash & looting. And that gives cover to worse things. But these are done by a tiny proportion.

We need to keep this straight & allow peaceful protests while tracking and arresting the people doing grave harms. People think a large crowd gives them cover. This is less and less the case. You are personally identifiable when you are present in a public space. Anything you do in public is personally identifiable. Especially when police turn the fancy equipment and drones on. And IMO, within reason, that's ok. I don't consider burning and looting freedom of speech. These are crimes. It is legitimate to investigate them.

Aaron747

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 am

LCDFlight wrote:
    N583JB wrote:
    lugie wrote:

Exactly. There has been relatively little violence - perhaps less violence than typical in these cities on a warm night.

But there have been massive protests, which give cover to some smash & looting. And that gives cover to worse things. But these are done by a tiny proportion.

We need to keep this straight & allow peaceful protests while tracking and arresting the people doing grave harms. People think a large crowd gives them cover. This is less and less the case. You are personally identifiable when you are present in a public space. Anything you do in public is personally identifiable. Especially when police turn the fancy equipment and drones on. And IMO, within reason, that's ok. I don't consider burning and looting freedom of speech. These are crimes. It is legitimate to investigate them.

Actions like this are doing NOTHING to restore faith in authority. A damned shame.

https://twitter.com/bentaub91/status/12 ... 69248?s=21
    If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:21 am

casinterest wrote:

...pushed brutally out of the way for what? So the lying , racist , misogynist could go hold a bible in front of a church he doesn't attend?

Just for housekeeping purposes, how is Trump racist? That is a question for you Cas, not the peanut gallery.

LCDFlight

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:31 am

cpd wrote:
      dtw2hyd wrote:

They beat up Australian reporters, arrested another lot (who were from a right wing conservative station). This prompted Australian PM to lodge a diplomatic protest.

Individual Police wouldn’t do this on their own, someone must have told them to target the media.

If I’m not mistaken the Channel Nine crew mentioned the Police said they were just following orders (yes, that defense).

Didn’t the Police know these reporters were on air live? That’s only going to end badly. The reporters can prove they weren’t doing anything illegal.

Someone here mentioned before that the media has security with them, so I ask what was the security doing?

The whole situation has got so heated, I don’t know how far it will go, but someone with a calming influence needs to take over to bring this under control.

Rolling out the military (as much as some would love that) and beating up reporters of allied countries isn’t the answer.

Media were not necessarily exempted from police curfew orders. They knew this and intended to get arrested, probably to make a statement of some kind. It was made very clear to them that the area was being cleared for public safety. What makes the US different from China is that we have elections that determine who runs the police. Not that we don't have any police in the first place.

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 am

extender wrote:
      casinterest wrote:

...pushed brutally out of the way for what? So the lying , racist , misogynist could go hold a bible in front of a church he doesn't attend?

Just for housekeeping purposes, how is Trump racist? That is a question for you Cas, not the peanut gallery.

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts"
      https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86481836 ... ing-starts

With the warmest of regards,
      The Peanut Gallery
      If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 am

When did thugs get equated with race? From the dictionary, the definition is: : a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough. No mention of race. Thanks for trying.

JJJ

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 am

LCDFlight wrote:
      cpd wrote:
        dtw2hyd wrote:

Media were not necessarily exempted from police curfew orders. They knew this and intended to get arrested, probably to make a statement of some kind. It was made very clear to them that the area was being cleared for public safety. What makes the US different from China is that we have elections that determine who runs the police. Not that we don't have any police in the first place.

Media is expressly mentioned in the curfew order as exempt.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 am

LCDFlight wrote:

Media were not necessarily exempted from police curfew orders.

Media are specifically exempted. And you knew that.

You obviously wish that were not the case. But that is not the same thing, and lying about it will not change anything.
        "Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:37 am

extender wrote:
        When did thugs get equated with race? From the dictionary, the definition is: : a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough. No mention of race. Thanks for trying.

Stop being intentionally obtuse. :sarcastic: It's a dog whistle used against black men.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... hug&page=4
        https://www.vox.com/2016/2/1/10889138/c ... thug-bossy
        https://theconversation.com/thugs-is-a- ... ism-100312

etc etc

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 am

bgm wrote:

Stop being intentionally obtuse. :sarcastic: It's a dog whistle used against black men.

Get rid of that chip, looking for racism where it doesn't exist. Must get tiring.

Facts, not feelings.

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:41 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

Get rid of that chip, looking for racism where it doesn't exist. Must get tiring.

Get rid of those blinders, ignoring racism where it clearly exists. Why do you think there are mass protests in over 70 US cities? Just for shits and giggles?

Aaron747

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

Facts, not feelings.

There are supremacists working in the White House - fact. The 40, 41 or 43 administrations would never have hired these cretins.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 46981.html

https://twitter.com/stephenfhayes/statu ... 6545597441

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:32 am

bgm wrote:
        Get rid of those blinders, ignoring racism where it clearly exists. Why do you think there are mass protests in over 70 US cities? Just for shits and giggles?

Racism does exist indeed, and it is a two-way street. Things have come a long way from the 50s, but more is needed.

But you still have not provided racism on Trump's part.

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:38 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

Racism does exist indeed, and it is a two-way street. Things have come a long way from the 50s, but more is needed.

I have, you've just chosen not to accept it.

There's even has a Wiki page dedicated to his racial views. Happy reading!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_vi ... nald_Trump

Insertnamehere

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
        NIKV69 wrote:
        Aaron747 wrote:

Macys would disagree.

As a NYC resident, I don't know anyone who likes De Blasio, he is a disgrace to the city. To think he thought he would be a good president.

Aaron747

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:58 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

Other than failing to read the interview quote and failing to acknowledge who one of the current WH speechwriters is. A real sight to behold - full blown cognitive dissonance.

Aaron747

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:59 am

Insertnamehere wrote:
        Aaron747 wrote:
        NIKV69 wrote:

Macys would disagree.

As a NYC resident, I don't know anyone who likes De Blasio, he is a disgrace to the city. To think he thought he would be a good president.

He washed out quickly for a reason. We can't stand him on the west coast - the way he talks is 100% smarm.

GDB

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 am

So how do the defenders of Trump and the it seems substantial thuggish element in US Law Enforcement explain this,
        "A Louisville police officer involved in the fatal shooting of West End business owner David McAtee had celebrated earlier on Facebook when a protester was shot by pepper balls.

Officer Katie Crews, who was placed on administrative reassignment Monday after the fatal shooting, posted a Courier Journal photo of a protester across from her and said, "I hope the pepper balls that she got lit up with a little later on hurt."*

A screenshot of the post has circulated on social media sites.

The pic was of the protestor peacefully offering flowers to the line of officers, Mr McAtee, an African American man who owned a hot dog stall, was popular in his community and prior to this, even gave out free food to cops.

Prior to officers opening up on a crowd (why?) they claimed to have heard a bang, (note they did not say for sure it was a firearm), then waited 9 seconds to open up.
        They did not kill any gunman, real or imagined, most likely the latter, just Mr McAtee.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/d ... index.html

The police have claimed that Mr McAtee was aiming a gun at them (so they waited 9 seconds? Well I suppose you might claim they were making sure of what they were seeing), proveable too, what with body cams. Guess what, they had them switched off. Why?
        If their conduct was acceptable why has Crews and the other officer been placed on admin leave and their Chief been fired?
        Where is the gun Mr McAtee is supposed to have aimed at the officers and/or National Guards? Why have no Guardsmen who were at least witnesses if not active shooters, been questioned?

If anything, this shows that it is not only the deep seated issues around race, disparity of sentencing, numerous (recorded on phones) incidents which are not officers facing danger but outright executions of unarmed people, it also seems to indicate very poor training, (much shorter than in most Western Police Services), very low standards of entry and an ethos of occupation, not serving.

It's said that the biggest crime in America is 'disrespecting a cop', do that if you are a minority or just poor, even if this is the officer's perception rather than reality, can be lethal on too many occasions. Note how the term 'disrespect' is similar in meaning, context, to what a criminal, street thug, dealer, would use.

'A few bad apples?' It goes much deeper than that, as others have said, a corrupted DA system, so if you grant a near certainty of immunity or leaving with a pension, the poorly trained or just racist officers, or not well chosen as police officers in the first place, will have this sense of immunity and abuse it.
        And just don't they?

You can also try to blot out all of the statements Trump has made over 5 years extolling Police treating people 'roughly', baiting his security to beat up people, (he of course is a big of a physical coward as he is a moral one).
        But they are still there, were still heard.
        Last edited by GDB on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Insertnamehere

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 am

Aaron747 wrote:
        Insertnamehere wrote:
        Aaron747 wrote:

He washed out quickly for a reason. We can't stand him on the west coast - the way he talks is 100% smarm.

He's also a hypocrite, most notably, he goes to a gym across town in a motorcade of Suburbans, at least Bloomberg had the decency of taking the Subway with the rest of the plebs.

Alas, he will stay in power for the time being, even though he is hated by most in the city.

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:23 am

bgm wrote:
        extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

That is what you settle for? A Wiki page? Going to have to try harder.

tommy1808

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:
        extender wrote:

I quoted Trump .... but of course your confirmation bias ignored that.

Best regards
        Thomas
        Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

dtw2hyd

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:46 am

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

I missed the two-way street part, could you elaborate.

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:22 pm

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:
        extender wrote:

All the entries in that page are backed with citation, often Trump himself, if you actually bothered to read it. Please do tell me which part(s) you dispute? Looking forward to your response.
        Last edited by bgm on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N867DA

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:27 pm

extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:
        extender wrote:

LMAO. Here's what happens.

The vast majority of minorities: "Hey the president's seems a bit racist".

His supporters: Well, I've never seen the president say "I believe people with different skin colors are inferior to me based solely on their skin tone", and he doesn't burn crosses

Trump: Says something racist.

Media: "Hey, this is clearly not conducive to racial equality"

His supporters: "Yeah, but where's the burned cross? This must be a smear campaign!"
        A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:31 pm

N867DA wrote:
        extender wrote:
        bgm wrote:

LMAO. Here's what happens.

The vast majority of minorities: "Hey the president's seems a bit racist".

His supporters: Well, I've never seen the president say "I believe people with different skin colors are inferior to me based solely on their skin tone", and he doesn't burn crosses

Trump: Says something racist.

Media: "Hey, this is clearly not conducive to racial equality"

His supporters: "Yeah, but where's the burned cross? This must be a smear campaign!"

Pretty much.

They try as hard as they can to turn a blind eye to it, because if they actually admit he is indeed racist, they are admitting they are complicit in his racism by virtue of supporting him.

Momo1435

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:50 pm

At this point in time it's not enough to not be racist, you have to actively act against racism to really make a change.

I don't care if Trump is a racist or not, what's needed is a change in the mindset of the American society that will only bring a real solution to the problems. Trump is an empty shell without any emotions or empathy, only looking out for his own interest with everything he does. You cannot expect from such a person that he will start a real change in America, it has to come from the people.

casinterest

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm

extender wrote:
        casinterest wrote:

It's already been answered by the good folks in this thread, and well sourced. But if you need more please read on.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ts/588067/
        Where ever you go, there you are.

extender

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:57 pm

casinterest wrote:

It's already been answered by the good folks in this thread, and well sourced. But if you need more please read on.

It shows that you do not know the difference between bigotry and racism. Nice try.

Racism is a two street, in the sense it isn't white stereotyping but blacks stereotyping whites as well.

And if you are all heel bent on Justice, what about David Dorn? Did his life not matter? Or will you come up with an excuse to justify his death?

bgm

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 pm

extender wrote:
        casinterest wrote:

It shows that you do not know the difference between bigotry and racism. Nice try.

Racism is a two street, in the sense it isn't white stereotyping but blacks stereotyping whites as well.

And if you are all heel bent on Justice, what about David Dorn? Did his life not matter? Or will you come up with an excuse to justify his death?

Stop deflecting and changing the subject. You asked for evidence of Trump's racism, and you got it.

Aaron747

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm

extender wrote:
        casinterest wrote:

There is none, just as there is no excuse for desperate whataboutism and denial of reality. It's abject weakness.

Please enlighten us, as we are unfamiliar with extender's Limited Edition Dictionary - what is the difference between bigotry and racism? Not in rote meaning, but societal context. Inquiring minds await with fascination.