Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bgm
Topic Author

Trump retweets: 'The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat'

Sat May 30, 2020 7:51 am

President Trump on Thursday retweeted a video of a supporter saying that the "only good Democrat is a dead Democrat." The man in the video is a New Mexico politician who faced calls to resign after making the remark earlier this month.

Mr. Trump at midnight retweeted a video from Cowboys For Trump featuring the group's founder, Couy Griffin, who is also the Otero County commissioner. The clip shows Griffin speaking to a crowd of supporters.

"I've come to a place where I've come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat," Griffin says in the first seconds of the clip, drawing cheers and applause.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president- ... -democrat/

This is the level we've sunk to, when the President is basically saying his opponents are only good if they're dead. Yet another new low...
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

scbriml

Re: Trump retweets: 'The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat'

Sat May 30, 2020 7:54 am

If I were to guess, I'd say this is Trump daring Twitter to "censor" him again.

It's also childish, asinine and dumb. But we expect that.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

flipdewaf

Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 am

scbriml wrote:

I think you’re right, Twitter should treat him with kid gloves and not be drawn in to his childish games, he’ll push it too far by trying to provoke others, It’s just time.

I have a 4 year old and nothing makes her more angry than when she’s trying to press my buttons and I don’t react by being annoyed, trump is 4...

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy1808

Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 am

scbriml wrote:

And given how close this win was last time, he is probably hoping some of his fans take it literally and kill some Biden voters. After all, he already knows that some people take him serious from the Trump Bomber.

Its not just dumb, it is also a crime.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Aaron747

Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 am

Hey, at least he’s dogwhistling straight up instead of fake-preaching unity as in 2017. This will only turn off suburban women more. Maybe he’s aiming for an 85% disapproval rating with them to kick off some more gender division.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Dutchy

Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am

bgm wrote:
President Trump on Thursday retweeted a video of a supporter saying that the "only good Democrat is a dead Democrat." The man in the video is a New Mexico politician who faced calls to resign after making the remark earlier this month.

Mr. Trump at midnight retweeted a video from Cowboys For Trump featuring the group's founder, Couy Griffin, who is also the Otero County commissioner. The clip shows Griffin speaking to a crowd of supporters.

"I've come to a place where I've come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat," Griffin says in the first seconds of the clip, drawing cheers and applause.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president- ... -democrat/

This is the level we've sunk to, when the President is basically saying his opponents are only good if they're dead. Yet another new low...

Perhaps the most shocking about this is that I am not shocked coming from this President.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

SAS A340

Sat May 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Jesus, I can imagine that tens of thousands of democrats have died in COVID 19 in the states the last months, that should make him happy then...... :tombstone: :crying:
It's not what u do,it's how u do it!

sebolino

Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 pm

They should just close down his account.

T18

Sat May 30, 2020 1:45 pm

sebolino wrote:

That horse left the barn years ago.
It really it past time something was done about the Troll in Chief.
Were he a normal poster on any of these sites he would have been gone years ago but because he was famous they allowed him to post whatever he wanted, and now its really bit everyone in the bum hasn't it. They gave him a platform that boosted him for B-list celeb (being generous there) with crazy ideas to the White House and now they finally say 'we should do something', yall shoulda kicked him off your platform 8 years ago but were far too happy to rake in ad revenue from all the clicks his stream of nonsense was drawing to your site.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

scbriml

Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 pm

sebolino wrote:

I think that's exactly what he wants them to do. Then he can complain to his base about how the unconstitutional, biased, left-wing, liberal media is "censoring" the voice of right-thinking, apple pie-loving, conservative, Christian America (aka old, racist, white dudes).
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Aesma

Sat May 30, 2020 3:01 pm

I also say they should close his account. There is no downside for them anymore. They don't need him and his crazy followers, do you really think companies are paying to display ads to these people ? If anything twitter is losing revenue by continuing to let him say stuff like this.

Sure it will incense his base but so what, they're in that state H24 already.

I want to watch GOP politicians defend him and condemning twitter for having him banned for this, that should be real interesting...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

LabQuest

Sat May 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Twitter loves this. Think of the ad revenue and clicks because of this.

Ken777

Sat May 30, 2020 7:22 pm

The sad reality is that Trump NEEDS these offensive voters if he has any hope of being re-elected. And he knows it.

Look at some of his core supporters - KKK members, Arian Nation, Jew Haters, Black Haters, Hispanic Haters, LGBT Haters, Liberal Haters, Moderate Haters, etc.

That adds up to a lot of Trump Lovers and Trump will do nothing to piss them off. He wants their vote more than he wants yours.

johnboy

Sat May 30, 2020 10:31 pm

I love that they’re fact checking him. It’s certainly not censorship like he and his offensive fans are shrieking, if they don’t alter his words ...

McDonald’s better prepare for an onslaught of ordering from PA Avenue this weekend.

seb146

Sat May 30, 2020 11:12 pm

I believe I saw somewhere he has two accounts. His own personal account which I am guessing this red meat for his base comes from, and the president's account which, IIRC, was started by Obama and handed off to him. So, if they suspend or even delete his personal account, does this mean he would take to the presidential account for his rage and hate or would someone finally grab the unsecured phone out of his hand and send him to bed without supper to think about what he has done?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

santi319

Sun May 31, 2020 1:56 am

Ken777 wrote:
The sad reality is that Trump NEEDS these offensive voters if he has any hope of being re-elected. And he knows it.

Look at some of his core supporters - KKK members, Arian Nation, Jew Haters, Black Haters, Hispanic Haters, LGBT Haters, Liberal Haters, Moderate Haters, etc.

That adds up to a lot of Trump Lovers and Trump will do nothing to piss them off. He wants their vote more than he wants yours.

The irony of Jew Haters and fans of Israel supporting the same guy without knowing it! The stupidity out there dazzles me everyday!

casinterest

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Here is a really long but good article on what happened to the Republican party, and why they follow a tyrant.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... rs/612250/

There are many good quotes with in it, but this one shows the trend.
More important, he has governed in defiance—and in ignorance—of the American Constitution, notably declaring, well into his third year in office, that he had “total” authority over the states. His administration is not merely corrupt, it is also hostile to checks, balances, and the rule of law. He has built a proto-authoritarian personality cult, firing or sidelining officials who have contradicted him with facts and evidence—with tragic consequences for public health and the economy. He threatened to fire a top Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official, Nancy Messonnier, in late February, after her too-blunt warnings about the coronavirus; Rick Bright, a top Health and Human Services official, says he was demoted after refusing to direct money to promote the unproven drug hydroxychloroquine. Trump has attacked America’s military, calling his generals “a bunch of dopes and babies,” and America’s intelligence services and law-enforcement officers, whom he has denigrated as the “deep state” and whose advice he has ignored. He has appointed weak and inexperienced “acting” officials to run America’s most important security institutions. He has systematically wrecked America’s alliances.

His foreign policy has never served any U.S. interests of any kind.
Where ever you go, there you are.

CitizenJustin

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:37 pm

I greatly value many of your opinions, so I have a question. Does this scare any of you, or do you just consider Trump and the current GOP a fleeting annoyance? I’ll be honest here. What’s happening in this country truly scares me at times and gives me an uneasy and anxious feeling. IDK if I’m being overly dramatic, but I think cause for concern is definitely justified. It’s possible that because I’m a minority and semi-historically literate, I know what happens when the far-right is drunk with power. We’re always the first ones on the list. In any case, I’d like to know how all of this makes you guys/gals feel about the present and where all of this insanity is heading.

seb146

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Calls for violence against political opponents. Germany in the 1930s or Argentina under Peron or Chile under Pinoche or DPRK

hell yeah this frightens me. And, still, Republicans stand with this. A few are starting to speak out but not as many as I would hope.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

casinterest

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:42 pm

https://twitter.com/RebeccaWSMV/status/ ... 9727499264

There is hope that cooler heads will prevail.

alfa164

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
I greatly value many of your opinions, so I have a question. Does this scare any of you, or do you just consider Trump and the current GOP a fleeting annoyance? I’ll be honest here. What’s happening in this country truly scares me at times and gives me an uneasy and anxious feeling. IDK if I’m being overly dramatic, but I think cause for concern is definitely justified. It’s possible that because I’m a minority and semi-historically literate, I know what happens when the far-right is drunk with power. We’re always the first ones on the list. In any case, I’d like to know how all of this makes you guys/gals feel about the present and where all of this insanity is heading.

It scares me. Just like Bush's invasion of Iraq, some things a President does can cause permanent damage; there is no way to go back and fix it. In Trump's case, that applies to the climate, the judiciary - at least, for a long term, relations with our historical allies, our standing - economically and politically - with the rest of the world, and the growing division among Americans. The next generations will inherit a world of problems that will be difficult, if not impossible, to fix.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

casinterest

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 am

GWB with a nice classy statement stands in contrast to Trump. I would still prefer GWB calls out Trump, but i know the RNC and other big Money is to vested right now.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1267 ... 69/photo/1

N867DA

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:16 am

Republicans seem to figure things out once they leave office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -super-pac
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

tommy1808

Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 am

santi319 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

The irony of Jew Haters and fans of Israel supporting the same guy without knowing it! The stupidity out there dazzles me everyday!

if you look at it from the perspective of Christians of the more fundamentalist persuasion it makes absolute sense. Jesus can only come back when the Jews rebuild their temple. And then he will kill all Jews for not believing in him and send them to hell. So.. hating Jews and supporting Israel can be one and the same.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

alfa164

Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 am

seb146 wrote:
Calls for violence against political opponents. Germany in the 1930s or Argentina under Peron or Chile under Pinoche or DPRK
hell yeah this frightens me. And, still, Republicans stand with this. A few are starting to speak out but not as many as I would hope.

It scares some of our most knowledgeble security personnel too:

"Former intelligence officials said the unrest and the administration’s militaristic response are among many measures of decay they would flag if writing assessments about the United States for another country’s intelligence service.

They cited the country’s struggle to contain the novel coronavirus, the president’s attempt to pressure Ukraine for political favors, his attacks on the news media and the increasingly polarized political climate as other signs of dysfunction."

"If there is any doubt about Beijing’s intent, it is to deny Hong Kongers a voice and a choice,” Pompeo said in a statement that was met with derision on Twitter because it coincided with crackdowns urged by Trump in the United States."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cia-veterans-who-monitored-crackdowns-abroad-see-troubling-parallels-in-trumps-handling-of-protests/ar-BB14Wcoi?li=BBnb7Kz
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....