Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10608
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 pm

casinterest wrote:
You know how Trump is going to label ANTIFA a terrorist organization right?

Guess how much involvement the FBI could find for it in DC on Sunday? Just Guess.


https://www.thenation.com/article/activ ... trump-fbi/

Trump is not one that accepts the reality of a situation. His intent is to force/enforce his "desired reality" on whatever situation he encounters.

That is what he did in business and obviously has done during his presidency. Which is why he continues to be a poor president.

And again, kudos to Mr. Esper for countering the White House and re-stating the reality of the situation in the USA regarding the need to use active US military forces inside the USA and against/on US citizens.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15203
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Active duty troops in DC to be withdrawn and return to their bases. The relative calm of protests yesterday and today along with the bad optics prompted it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/activ ... spartandhp
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10608
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:09 am

OK, so I was right, I mentioned up thread that Bush II could be one that would have gone to speak with the protest going on at St. John's Church and it looks more like I was probably right:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 132800001/
In a rare public statement, Bush said he and former first lady Laura Bush were "anguished" by Floyd's death and "disturbed by the injustice and fear that suffocate our country."

Bush said they had "resisted the urge to speak out, because this is not the time for us to lecture. It is time for us to listen."

"It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country," Bush said.
[...]

"The only way to see ourselves in a true light is to listen to the voices of so many who are hurting and grieving. Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America – or how it becomes a better place."

The 43rd president said it is a "strength when protesters, protected by responsible law enforcement, march for a better future." He said, "Lasting justice will only come by peaceful means."


Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15203
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 am

Perhaps one of the good things to come out of the protests is the removal of some monuments to leaders of the Confederacy. A number of them were vandalized and damaged in the protests, it is a relatively cheap and symbolic act to the demands of the protesters and to the symbols of racism they really represent and offend. One of those to be removed soon will be that of Robert E. Lee in Richmond, VA by order of the Democratic Party Governor. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... e-richmond
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12307
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:57 am

ltbewr wrote:
Active duty troops in DC to be withdrawn and return to their bases. The relative calm of protests yesterday and today along with the bad optics prompted it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/activ ... spartandhp


What will happen to all the security mercs on the streets without any identifying insignia?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 am

ltbewr wrote:
Perhaps one of the good things to come out of the protests is the removal of some monuments to leaders of the Confederacy. A number of them were vandalized and damaged in the protests, it is a relatively cheap and symbolic act to the demands of the protesters and to the symbols of racism they really represent and offend. One of those to be removed soon will be that of Robert E. Lee in Richmond, VA by order of the Democratic Party Governor. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... e-richmond



I agree, about damn time, imagine all these years later, they still worship traitors and racists and have monuments to them. I have no problem with the Cemeteries which honor the fallen who died for their beliefs, but big ass statues in your face for a century on Main Street, absurd.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19111
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 am

Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 am

scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Perhaps if Kayleigh McEnema would give herself an enema she wouldn't be spewing such utter BS.

Just another day in dystopian Trumpland. Black Mirror really outdid themselves by having us live out season 6 instead of just watching it. :spin:
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12307
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 am

scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Churchill the raging drunk displayed 10x the leadership 45 musters even on his best days.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
GDB
Posts: 13753
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 am

bgm wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Perhaps if Kayleigh McEnema would give herself an enema she wouldn't be spewing such utter BS.

Just another day in dystopian Trumpland. Black Mirror really outdid themselves by having us live out season 6 instead of just watching it. :spin:


Charlie Brooker kind of did that in the pre Nexflix series 2, 'The Waldo Moment'. A vulgar cartoon, controlled by a comedian, enters a by election for a Parliamentary seat in UK. Though Brooker was partly inspired by that useless PM of ours now. It aired in 2013.

I cannot agree with Aaron747's description of Churchill as a 'raging drunk' but I get the point, I guess he was one of those who could hold it and he lived to a ripe old age. He was shown to be incapable due to it, not in public nor in Parliament at least when PM. It was one of his stress relievers, like painting or fussing over his pets. Stone cold sober Trump on the other hand.....
But the attempt to link his visits actual Luftwaffe bomb damage and Trump's waddle to the church after his thugs brutally attacked peaceful crowds and press, is vile even by their standards. Doubly so when you consider the Swastikas in evidence with some of his 'very fine people'.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12307
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:34 am

GDB wrote:
bgm wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Perhaps if Kayleigh McEnema would give herself an enema she wouldn't be spewing such utter BS.

Just another day in dystopian Trumpland. Black Mirror really outdid themselves by having us live out season 6 instead of just watching it. :spin:


Charlie Brooker kind of did that in the pre Nexflix series 2, 'The Waldo Moment'. A vulgar cartoon, controlled by a comedian, enters a by election for a Parliamentary seat in UK. Though Brooker was partly inspired by that useless PM of ours now. It aired in 2013.

I cannot agree with Aaron747's description of Churchill as a 'raging drunk' but I get the point, I guess he was one of those who could hold it and he lived to a ripe old age. He was shown to be incapable due to it, not in public nor in Parliament at least when PM. It was one of his stress relievers, like painting or fussing over his pets. Stone cold sober Trump on the other hand.....
But the attempt to link his visits actual Luftwaffe bomb damage and Trump's waddle to the church after his thugs brutally attacked peaceful crowds and press, is vile even by their standards. Doubly so when you consider the Swastikas in evidence with some of his 'very fine people'.


It was a turn of phrase, but I dunno what you guys call 'a drunk' on that side of the pond ;) On our side, having brandy and champagne regularly with lunch makes one a bit of a lush.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19111
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
It was a turn of phrase, but I dunno what you guys call 'a drunk' on that side of the pond ;) On our side, having brandy and champagne regularly with lunch makes one a bit of a lush.


Churchill certainly "liked a drink", nobody would dispute that. Over here a 'raging drunk' might be the guy with a pack of brain-damage beers sat on the park bench shouting at everyone.

However one characterises Churchill's drinking, comparing Trump to him is beyond comprehension outside the White House.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
GDB
Posts: 13753
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GDB wrote:
bgm wrote:

Perhaps if Kayleigh McEnema would give herself an enema she wouldn't be spewing such utter BS.

Just another day in dystopian Trumpland. Black Mirror really outdid themselves by having us live out season 6 instead of just watching it. :spin:


Charlie Brooker kind of did that in the pre Nexflix series 2, 'The Waldo Moment'. A vulgar cartoon, controlled by a comedian, enters a by election for a Parliamentary seat in UK. Though Brooker was partly inspired by that useless PM of ours now. It aired in 2013.

I cannot agree with Aaron747's description of Churchill as a 'raging drunk' but I get the point, I guess he was one of those who could hold it and he lived to a ripe old age. He was shown to be incapable due to it, not in public nor in Parliament at least when PM. It was one of his stress relievers, like painting or fussing over his pets. Stone cold sober Trump on the other hand.....
But the attempt to link his visits actual Luftwaffe bomb damage and Trump's waddle to the church after his thugs brutally attacked peaceful crowds and press, is vile even by their standards. Doubly so when you consider the Swastikas in evidence with some of his 'very fine people'.


It was a turn of phrase, but I dunno what you guys call 'a drunk' on that side of the pond ;) On our side, having brandy and champagne regularly with lunch makes one a bit of a lush.


'Raging drunk' here would be usually an aggressive one, physically /or verbally.
It boggles the mind that Trump's deranged tweets are sent out by someone who cannot have the excuse of being drunk.
Anderson Cooper was kind to that airhead press secretary, otherwise he summed up the the massive differences between Churchill and Trump very well.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13195
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GDB wrote:
bgm wrote:

Perhaps if Kayleigh McEnema would give herself an enema she wouldn't be spewing such utter BS.

Just another day in dystopian Trumpland. Black Mirror really outdid themselves by having us live out season 6 instead of just watching it. :spin:


Charlie Brooker kind of did that in the pre Nexflix series 2, 'The Waldo Moment'. A vulgar cartoon, controlled by a comedian, enters a by election for a Parliamentary seat in UK. Though Brooker was partly inspired by that useless PM of ours now. It aired in 2013.

I cannot agree with Aaron747's description of Churchill as a 'raging drunk' but I get the point, I guess he was one of those who could hold it and he lived to a ripe old age. He was shown to be incapable due to it, not in public nor in Parliament at least when PM. It was one of his stress relievers, like painting or fussing over his pets. Stone cold sober Trump on the other hand.....
But the attempt to link his visits actual Luftwaffe bomb damage and Trump's waddle to the church after his thugs brutally attacked peaceful crowds and press, is vile even by their standards. Doubly so when you consider the Swastikas in evidence with some of his 'very fine people'.


It was a turn of phrase, but I dunno what you guys call 'a drunk' on that side of the pond ;) On our side, having brandy and champagne regularly with lunch makes one a bit of a lush.


Ever been on a bender with Japanese business men? Think that....
Plenty of em get so drunk that repeatedly uttering "I am so pissed!" Is the only remaining verbal communication. Which is fun to watch when then just ran into some Americans... "what are you pissed about?". Splendid.

That aside, I find is astonishing to see how much noise is made about the whole "FAKE NEWS! They didn't use tear gas at the WH", suddenly getting amazingly specific about details of "truth" like CS vs. OC gas. And pretend the latter is somehow better than the former. It would rather seem to be more painful for longer when you get it in your lungs.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:58 pm

Sensible message from W, and as bad as he was, he now seems pretty good, however did he do something about racism, violence and impunity in policing, unequal treatment by the justice system for blacks and minorities, when he was president, or was he just lucky that camera phones weren't a thing yet ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11538
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Interesting new poll out that shows there is hope within the republican ranks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/87001928 ... oyds-death
Just 18% said he has decreased tensions, including 41% of Republicans. In fact, almost 6 in 10 Republicans believe he has either increased tensions (29%) or are not sure (30%). That's a finding the pollsters see as significant given how in lockstep Republicans have been with Trump on nearly everything.

"It's very unusual to see Republicans break when the name Trump is presented, but that is the case here," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll.


Where ever you go, there you are.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
Interesting new poll out that shows there is hope within the republican ranks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/87001928 ... oyds-death
Just 18% said he has decreased tensions, including 41% of Republicans. In fact, almost 6 in 10 Republicans believe he has either increased tensions (29%) or are not sure (30%). That's a finding the pollsters see as significant given how in lockstep Republicans have been with Trump on nearly everything.

"It's very unusual to see Republicans break when the name Trump is presented, but that is the case here," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll.




Increasing tensions isn't a bad thing for them. I also notice that around half of White Americans are neutral or don't know over the protests, but the large percentage of hispanics and blacks support the protests.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11538
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm

airhansa wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Interesting new poll out that shows there is hope within the republican ranks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/87001928 ... oyds-death
Just 18% said he has decreased tensions, including 41% of Republicans. In fact, almost 6 in 10 Republicans believe he has either increased tensions (29%) or are not sure (30%). That's a finding the pollsters see as significant given how in lockstep Republicans have been with Trump on nearly everything.

"It's very unusual to see Republicans break when the name Trump is presented, but that is the case here," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll.




Increasing tensions isn't a bad thing for them. I also notice that around half of White Americans are neutral or don't know over the protests, but the large percentage of hispanics and blacks support the protests.


Which survey are you reading? 63% of whites think Trump increased tensions over the protest.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
bennett123
Posts: 9731
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:09 pm

If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13195
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:48 am

bennett123 wrote:
If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.


The very military he is using, a d the 2nd amendment folks.

But before that courts would step in.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
cpd
Posts: 6407
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:38 am

scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Where does the administration find all these “interesting” characters? Who does the work to employ these people.

I work with a number of people who are in largely the same type of role and they would never say anything so stupid as that. The job of the press secretary is to keep things going smoothly, not to cause more trouble!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13195
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am

cpd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Just in case you thought the White House couldn’t be anymore divorced from reality, the Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany compared Trumps brutal March to pose in front of a church holding a bible was compared to Winston Churchill inspecting London bomb damage during WW2. The only place the two are comparable is inside the tiny, deranged mind of Trump.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-04/com ... obscenity/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us- ... ill-in-ww2

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-vpx.cnn


Where does the administration find all these “interesting” characters? Who does the work to employ these people.

I work with a number of people who are in largely the same type of role and they would never say anything so stupid as that. The job of the press secretary is to keep things going smoothly, not to cause more trouble!


White supremacists are of course connected, so its easy to find them, or have them point to sympathisers

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22520
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:25 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.


The very military he is using, a d the 2nd amendment folks.

But before that courts would step in.

Best regards
Thomas


I am curious: Where is NRA and their supporters? Didn't we hear endlessly during the Obama administration that he was going to take our guns and so we needed all guns all the time to stop Obama from becoming a dictator? Now that same scenario is actually playing out right before our eyes but NRA and their followers seem to be silent. I am just curious why?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13195
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.


The very military he is using, a d the 2nd amendment folks.

But before that courts would step in.

Best regards
Thomas


I am curious: Where is NRA and their supporters? Didn't we hear endlessly during the Obama administration that he was going to take our guns and so we needed all guns all the time to stop Obama from becoming a dictator? Now that same scenario is actually playing out right before our eyes but NRA and their followers seem to be silent. I am just curious why?


Remember how they went on a trip to Moscow?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
anrec80
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:19 pm

bennett123 wrote:
If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.


Military not following the orders?
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:30 pm

He didn't try and invoke it he threatened to invoke it if..., it that's an important distinction. It was also invoked by LBJ and Bush and don't recall any media push back.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22520
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
He didn't try and invoke it he threatened to invoke it if..., it that's an important distinction. It was also invoked by LBJ and Bush and don't recall any media push back.


When it was used under GHWB, the governor of California asked him for help. It wasn't that Bush just decided he didn't like protesters and decided to send troops. That is the difference we are talking about.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:56 am

There was a large peaceful protest on the streets of downtown Dallas today. No violence to stop here.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12307
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:21 am

anrec80 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
If he tried to invoke the Insurrection Act, is there anyone who could stop him?.


Military not following the orders?


The military is a professional institution led by individuals with a solid understanding of UCMJ and they are under no obligation to execute illegal orders.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15203
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am

Trump's lifelong open racism in part made him become President, but by his words and acts especially in the last week, an overreaction to the 'riots' , will be his undoing and losing his re-election this November
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 am

ltbewr wrote:
Trump's lifelong open racism in part made him become President, but by his words and acts especially in the last week, an overreaction to the 'riots' , will be his undoing and losing his re-election this November



I and millions more certainly hope and pray that happens for the good of Democracy and rule of law and honesty.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:53 pm

seb146 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
He didn't try and invoke it he threatened to invoke it if..., it that's an important distinction. It was also invoked by LBJ and Bush and don't recall any media push back.


When it was used under GHWB, the governor of California asked him for help. It wasn't that Bush just decided he didn't like protesters and decided to send troops. That is the difference we are talking about.


LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:14 am

UpNAWAy wrote:
seb146 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
He didn't try and invoke it he threatened to invoke it if..., it that's an important distinction. It was also invoked by LBJ and Bush and don't recall any media push back.


When it was used under GHWB, the governor of California asked him for help. It wasn't that Bush just decided he didn't like protesters and decided to send troops. That is the difference we are talking about.


LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!



Four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff disagree with your premise.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:23 am

WarRI1 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!


Four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff disagree with your premise.


Surely you realize: some anonymous dogmatic poster on A.net knows a lot more than four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:20 am

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!


Four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff disagree with your premise.


Surely you realize: some anonymous dogmatic poster on A.net knows a lot more than four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff...


Said tongue in cheek, absolutely I did not realize nor think of the wisdom shown on these pages from our conservative members. I mean how did four former Chairman of the JCS have the nerve to challenge Captain Bone Spurs and his tremendous wonderful smart and vast storehouse of knowledge in his stable Genius brain. Forgive me. I must repent. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:18 am

WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff disagree with your premise.

Surely you realize: some anonymous dogmatic poster on A.net knows a lot more than four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff...


Said tongue in cheek, absolutely I did not realize nor think of the wisdom shown on these pages from our conservative members. I mean how did four former Chairman of the JCS have the nerve to challenge Captain Bone Spurs and his tremendous wonderful smart and vast storehouse of knowledge in his stable Genius brain. Forgive me. I must repent. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:


You may be forgiven... but first you must attend a "reeducation session" at the next mega-maga rally hosted by the Emperor Cividius, the Orange Overlard.

We will be looking for your presence.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22520
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:12 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
seb146 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
He didn't try and invoke it he threatened to invoke it if..., it that's an important distinction. It was also invoked by LBJ and Bush and don't recall any media push back.


When it was used under GHWB, the governor of California asked him for help. It wasn't that Bush just decided he didn't like protesters and decided to send troops. That is the difference we are talking about.


LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!


Medical tents are being trashed, peaceful protesters with zero weapons are being injured and even arrested with zero charges. The weaponized and militarized police are going after anyone in the streets. Not just the looters. Surely, you understand that, right?

But, using your LBJ example, he was enforcing a law. Brown v. Board... trying to give minorities equality.

What I find interesting is that, personally, LBJ was against racial equality. But, he also wanted to do what was best for the country. Unlike the person we have occupying the White House right now.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
alfa164
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
LBJ sent them in against the governors order (to force desegregation) but I bet you were okay with that. If you are a business owner in a town being burned and looted and your local authorities refuse to protect your civil liberties it is absolutely legal, moral and right for the POTUS to send in the troops!


It was not used "to force desegregation"; it was used to enforce the law of the land: Brown vs. Board of Education, which those governors had - in defiance of the Constitution - vowed to disregard. There is no such Constitutional issue with the situation today.

Until you can show where the States are defying the law of the land (and, at present, only a minority of out-of-control LEO's seem to be doing that), your claim has no validity.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
GDB
Posts: 13753
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Still he pours gasoline on the fire;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeiWQn1c2pY
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:29 am

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Surely you realize: some anonymous dogmatic poster on A.net knows a lot more than four former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff...


Said tongue in cheek, absolutely I did not realize nor think of the wisdom shown on these pages from our conservative members. I mean how did four former Chairman of the JCS have the nerve to challenge Captain Bone Spurs and his tremendous wonderful smart and vast storehouse of knowledge in his stable Genius brain. Forgive me. I must repent. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:


You may be forgiven... but first you must attend a "reeducation session" at the next mega-maga rally hosted by the Emperor Cividius, the Orange Overlard.

We will be looking for your presence.



I will try to earn the honor of attending the monster rally for the edification of Emperor Cividius, the Orange and very large Overlord. I will study his mannerisms, his lies, his exaggerations, his platitudes by the hundreds, his ability to cloud men's minds as we have seen on here by the true believers of Bull Shit, or Bull dinky in polite circles. Of course he has no manners or one polite bone in his overlarge body or considerations for the oppressed, so it is Bull Shit. I will also study his desire to send in the troops to further suppress the oppressed. I hope I can suppress my natural tendency to be a nice guy to fit in with that crowd, where niceness is weakness. :roll: :sarcastic:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:06 am

WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Said tongue in cheek, absolutely I did not realize nor think of the wisdom shown on these pages from our conservative members. I mean how did four former Chairman of the JCS have the nerve to challenge Captain Bone Spurs and his tremendous wonderful smart and vast storehouse of knowledge in his stable Genius brain. Forgive me. I must repent. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:


You may be forgiven... but first you must attend a "reeducation session" at the next mega-maga rally hosted by the Emperor Cividius, the Orange Overlard.

We will be looking for your presence.



I will try to earn the honor of attending the monster rally for the edification of Emperor Cividius, the Orange and very large Overlord. I will study his mannerisms, his lies, his exaggerations, his platitudes by the hundreds, his ability to cloud men's minds as we have seen on here by the true believers of Bull Shit, or Bull dinky in polite circles. Of course he has no manners or one polite bone in his overlarge body or considerations for the oppressed, so it is Bull Shit. I will also study his desire to send in the troops to further suppress the oppressed. I hope I can suppress my natural tendency to be a nice guy to fit in with that crowd, where niceness is weakness. :roll: :sarcastic:


I am unapologetically disappointed in you; You have already failed to recognize the Emperor properly. He is the Overlard, not the Overlord.... he worked tirelessly to earn that title....

You are hereby sentenced to spend a full weekend babysitting Mike Pence, so his mommy can take time off to go shopping for his new pajamas...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:19 am

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

You may be forgiven... but first you must attend a "reeducation session" at the next mega-maga rally hosted by the Emperor Cividius, the Orange Overlard.

We will be looking for your presence.



I will try to earn the honor of attending the monster rally for the edification of Emperor Cividius, the Orange and very large Overlord. I will study his mannerisms, his lies, his exaggerations, his platitudes by the hundreds, his ability to cloud men's minds as we have seen on here by the true believers of Bull Shit, or Bull dinky in polite circles. Of course he has no manners or one polite bone in his overlarge body or considerations for the oppressed, so it is Bull Shit. I will also study his desire to send in the troops to further suppress the oppressed. I hope I can suppress my natural tendency to be a nice guy to fit in with that crowd, where niceness is weakness. :roll: :sarcastic:


I am unapologetically disappointed in you; You have already failed to recognize the Emperor properly. He is the Overlard, not the Overlord.... he worked tirelessly to earn that title....

You are hereby sentenced to spend a full weekend babysitting Mike Pence, so his mommy can take time off to go shopping for his new pajamas...



Ok that is great, this might be my one and only chance to converse directly with almighty God when his wife comes home. She is another one you know who communes with God. I always wondered why it is always the Right Wing who get that special treatment from above. I think this is the second member of the Overlards administration who has a wife who talks directly or gets inspiration directly from Heaven. I think Rick Perry's wife does also. Imagine two of them. I lead a decent life, I have honored my marriage vows now for 57 years, supported and educated my children and now my Grandchildren. I vote directly, not by mail like trump. I do not cheat or lie or insult without cause like trump does. I do not self aggrandize like he does. I am a simple man who served his country What I ask have I done wrong? :( :(
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13195
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:25 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I vote directly, not by mail like trump. I do not cheat or lie or insult without cause like trump does. I do not self aggrandize like he does. I am a simple man who served his country What I ask have I done wrong? :( :(


Why is Trump even allowed to vote at all, considering he personally committed the voter fraud he is so worried about?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ud-florida

But what difference does one more felony matter for this guy.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:52 am

tommy1808 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I vote directly, not by mail like trump. I do not cheat or lie or insult without cause like trump does. I do not self aggrandize like he does. I am a simple man who served his country What I ask have I done wrong? :( :(


Why is Trump even allowed to vote at all, considering he personally committed the voter fraud he is so worried about?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ud-florida

But what difference does one more felony matter for this guy.

best regards
Thomas



It does not matter one whit, he is as corrupt as they come. He fears the mail vote because of all the voter suppression methods installed in Red States would not mean anything.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15203
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am

President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 pm

ltbewr wrote:
President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.


Because of a very ugly acting poor little rich boy in the W.H. This all started with his lies about the size of the crowd on the mall. All down hill ever since.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:11 pm

ltbewr wrote:
President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.


Most people do not respect burning and looting. Maybe 5%. When you give Trump a 95% plurality on a political issue, he is going to capitalize on it.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:14 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.


Because of a very ugly acting poor little rich boy in the W.H. This all started with his lies about the size of the crowd on the mall. All down hill ever since.


It is his way of creating an alternate reality - one that is not so removed from Orwell's 1984:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... a=taps_top
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.


Because of a very ugly acting poor little rich boy in the W.H. This all started with his lies about the size of the crowd on the mall. All down hill ever since.


It is his way of creating an alternate reality - one that is not so removed from Orwell's 1984:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... a=taps_top



When watching the news, I always switch to Fox News and say to my wife, let us see how the alternate reality world is handling this. Sure enough the kiss asses are deep into trump world and his version of reality, which of course does not even come close.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Trump vows to end violence now

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 pm

ltbewr wrote:
President Trump is supposed to give a speech tonight (Thursday, 6/11) as to the current situation. I bet he makes one that calls for 'law and order', 1000% support of cops, calls out 'radical Democrats' and threats to Governors to use the National Guard to end the developing anarchy in some cities. Likely it will just inflame even more hate toward him but also millions in campaign contributions. We are in very ugly times.


Yepp. And hopefully there will be some actions following his speech.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: afcjets, FGITD, flyguy89, Google Adsense [Bot], N583JB, NIKV69, TTailedTiger and 62 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos