Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:07 am

The silence is over - ex SecDef James Mattis issued a scathing letter to the Atlantic where he criticizes the WH response to the current protests and unrest and invokes both James Madison in Federalist #14 and President Lincoln.

Perhaps this will open the floodgates to more criticism. I noticed Ari Fleischer, usually pretty shilly, was contrite and critical of the WH on Fox a couple hours ago.

”Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort,” he said. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership...

...We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”


https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/g ... 7B9133097E
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 am

With luck, CHAOS would run for President. Politics are so broken, no one wants the job so we get clowns.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13845
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:14 am

It is about time, he and others spoke up, this man trump is a danger to our country. They have been cowardly all of them by their silence while we sink into government chaos, lies and corruption and the subversion of our legal system as well as the danger of our military getting involved in civil affairs, which is the greatest danger of them all.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:23 am

And proving Mattis’s point about maturity, 45 just had to respond like a 10 year-old this evening:

Probably the only thing Barack Obama & I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed to “Mad Dog”..

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 07136?s=21
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 am

This is all a little late. Trump is already the GOP Nominee, and at this point the question is whether this will precipitate an overall GOP backlash or not. There are competitive districts where Trump is so radioactive no one will go near him. However he is near and dear to the base that loves him and doesn't mind being lied to all the time.

Mattis has little to lose. He already got fired. The question will be if Senate Republicans start to defect.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13845
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 am

casinterest wrote:
This is all a little late. Trump is already the GOP Nominee, and at this point the question is whether this will precipitate an overall GOP backlash or not. There are competitive districts where Trump is so radioactive no one will go near him. However he is near and dear to the base that loves him and doesn't mind being lied to all the time.

Mattis has little to lose. He already got fired. The question will be if Senate Republicans start to defect.


You know the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz, a perfect example of Senate Republicans. Cowardly Bastards.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13845
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:50 am

WarRI1 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
This is all a little late. Trump is already the GOP Nominee, and at this point the question is whether this will precipitate an overall GOP backlash or not. There are competitive districts where Trump is so radioactive no one will go near him. However he is near and dear to the base that loves him and doesn't mind being lied to all the time.

Mattis has little to lose. He already got fired. The question will be if Senate Republicans start to defect.


You know the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz, a perfect example of Senate Republicans. Cowardly Bastards.




https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24509649/ This an example of the Cowardly Republican Lions in the United States Senate, by no less than Marco Rubio defending trump. This Moron who was called Little Marco by trump brushes off criticism of the man who belittled him. This is another Profile in Courage for the Republicans. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
Last edited by WarRI1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am

For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP

https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am

WarRI1 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
This is all a little late. Trump is already the GOP Nominee, and at this point the question is whether this will precipitate an overall GOP backlash or not. There are competitive districts where Trump is so radioactive no one will go near him. However he is near and dear to the base that loves him and doesn't mind being lied to all the time.

Mattis has little to lose. He already got fired. The question will be if Senate Republicans start to defect.


You know the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz, a perfect example of Senate Republicans. Cowardly Bastards.




https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24509649/ This an example of the Cowardly Republican Lions in the United States Senate, by no less than Marco Rubio. This Moron who was called Little Marco by trump brushes off criticism of the man who belittled him.


Yes indeed. Eveny Grassly and McConnell brused it aside with Tom Cotton Calling for more troop involvement.

Mattis attacked them as well for this stance.

Ja
mes Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:53 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP

https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/



Really? He can't even make his thoughts legible with that horrible background.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13845
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:12 am

casinterest wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP

https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/



Really? He can't even make his thoughts legible with that horrible background.


Typical from the Right for sure. Character Assassination is their typical response to anyone who does not agree with their agenda. Marine General, serving this nation honorably for 50 years? This means nothing to people such as this author. Pathetic.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3098
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:24 am

Little Marco needs to stick with the foam parties and trolling the parks in Fort Lauderdale. He’d have better luck.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP

https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/


Nakedly partisan and doing that which he criticizes Mattis for: ‘looters rampaging from sea to shining sea’ is a blatant lie. SWP is also reinventing definitions, since the agents employed at Lafayette were indeed tear gas according to CDC parameters:

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/12 ... 63264?s=21

Also he missed the entire point of Mattis’s letter: 45 is too immature to lead and does not understand American values. Perhaps SWP should take some reading comprehension (and grammar) lessons.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
alfa164
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:27 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/


Let me think... whom should I believe?

1. General James Mattis: 44 years in the Marine Corps; Commander of U.S.forces in the Persian Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan, and the Iraq War; Commissioned in the Marine Corps through the Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps after graduating from Central Washington University; Commander of the United States Joint Forces Command and concurrently served as NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Transformation; Commander of United States Central Command from 2010 to 2013; Secretary of Defense. He was known among his Marine colleagues as being well-read and knowledgeable about military history, and was known for his "intellectualism" in military , and eventually advanced to the rank of general. From 2007 to 2010 he commanded the United States Joint Forces Command and concurrently served as NATO's Supreme Allied Commander. He was commander of United States Central Command from 2010 to 2013 with Admiral Bob Harward serving as his deputy commander.tactics.

2. Some self-important internet troll who calls himself "Streetwiseprofessor" and teaches at the Bauer College of Business (is that the same as Harvard? MIT? Stanford? I think not) in Houston, and whose claim to fame is - I can't make this up - soybean markets.


Okay, I have decided. For expertise on the American leadership, the US military, and its proper role... I think I know whom I should believe. If I ever want to know more about soybean markets, I might change my mind...


:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 am

alfa164 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
For an opposing opinion, there’s SWP https://streetwiseprofessor.com/yet-ano ... es-mattis/


Let me think... whom should I believe?

1. General James Mattis: 44 years in the Marine Corps; Commander of U.S.forces in the Persian Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan, and the Iraq War; Commissioned in the Marine Corps through the Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps after graduating from Central Washington University; Commander of the United States Joint Forces Command and concurrently served as NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Transformation; Commander of United States Central Command from 2010 to 2013; Secretary of Defense. He was known among his Marine colleagues as being well-read and knowledgeable about military history, and was known for his "intellectualism" in military , and eventually advanced to the rank of general. From 2007 to 2010 he commanded the United States Joint Forces Command and concurrently served as NATO's Supreme Allied Commander. He was commander of United States Central Command from 2010 to 2013 with Admiral Bob Harward serving as his deputy commander.tactics.

2. Some self-important internet troll who calls himself "Streetwiseprofessor" and teaches at the Bauer College of Business (is that the same as Harvard? MIT? Stanford? I think not) in Houston, and whose claim to fame is - I can't make this up - soybean markets.


Okay, I have decided. For expertise on the American leadership, the US military, and its proper role... I think I know whom I should believe. If I ever want to know more about soybean markets, I might change my mind...


:roll:


Ah but remember, we're in the Trumpist arena, where expertise is a liability...even to otherwise accomplished military pilots.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
TARTRESED
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 am

I have begun to pat Trump lovers on the head like the small, uneducated children they are, and saying "aren't you special." About time people start telling the truth about this disaster posing as president,
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5210
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 am

alfa164 wrote:

Okay, I have decided. For expertise on the American leadership, the US military, and its proper role... I think I know whom I should believe. If I ever want to know more about soybean markets, I might change my mind...


:roll:


The problem is that Trump is so far out outside the realm of common sense and decency, as well as so obviously mentally deficient in so many ways, that you have to drive a looong way out of town to find anybody that would offer a concurring opinion...
It doesn't help that he keeps contradicting reality, facts and even himself.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:40 am

Francoflier wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Okay, I have decided. For expertise on the American leadership, the US military, and its proper role... I think I know whom I should believe. If I ever want to know more about soybean markets, I might change my mind...


:roll:


The problem is that Trump is so far out outside the realm of common sense and decency, as well as so obviously mentally deficient in so many ways, that you have to drive a looong way out of town to find anybody that would offer a concurring opinion...
It doesn't help that he keeps contradicting reality, facts and even himself.


Are you saying that only the insane or indecent could possibly support him...?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Okay, I have decided. For expertise on the American leadership, the US military, and its proper role... I think I know whom I should believe. If I ever want to know more about soybean markets, I might change my mind...


:roll:


The problem is that Trump is so far out outside the realm of common sense and decency, as well as so obviously mentally deficient in so many ways, that you have to drive a looong way out of town to find anybody that would offer a concurring opinion...
It doesn't help that he keeps contradicting reality, facts and even himself.


Are you saying that only the insane or indecent could possibly support him...?


add fascists and white supremacists. The people that went out to riot and loot to pin it on protesters...

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 am

tommy1808 wrote:
add fascists and white supremacists


talk about devisive rhetoric :roll:
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 am

Dahlgardo wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
add fascists and white supremacists


talk about devisive rhetoric :roll:


whats devisive about that? I didn´t say they all are, just that they are part of Trumps base, which just happens to be a fact.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:55 am

tommy1808 wrote:
whats devisive about that? I didn´t say they all are, just that they are part of Trumps base, which just happens to be a fact.


If you can't see that is devisive rhetoric, I can't help you.
I'm sure the majority of the antifa terrorists voted for Obama, so what's your point.

While I agree with Mattis about what he says about Trump, the constant labeling by the left it is also very unhelpful if you want a sober political debate.
Your rhetoric is not unlike Trumps rhetoric.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 am

Dahlgardo wrote:
Your rhetoric is not unlike Trumps rhetoric.


unlike Trump, i am factual.

I'm sure the majority of the antifa terrorists voted for Obama, so what's your point.


Its fair so assume that most people against fascism voted for Obama.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:15 am

Dahlgardo wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
whats devisive about that? I didn´t say they all are, just that they are part of Trumps base, which just happens to be a fact.


If you can't see that is devisive rhetoric, I can't help you.
I'm sure the majority of the antifa terrorists voted for Obama, so what's your point.

While I agree with Mattis about what he says about Trump, the constant labeling by the left it is also very unhelpful if you want a sober political debate.
Your rhetoric is not unlike Trumps rhetoric.


They're not used to being challenged, which is why they (including the media) become unhinged over anything Trump. He is the first Republican to fight back. I'm not Republican but I think it's great and exactly what's needed.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 am

afcjets wrote:
Dahlgardo wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
whats devisive about that? I didn´t say they all are, just that they are part of Trumps base, which just happens to be a fact.


If you can't see that is devisive rhetoric, I can't help you.
I'm sure the majority of the antifa terrorists voted for Obama, so what's your point.

While I agree with Mattis about what he says about Trump, the constant labeling by the left it is also very unhelpful if you want a sober political debate.
Your rhetoric is not unlike Trumps rhetoric.


They're not used to being challenged, which is why they (including the media) become unhinged over anything Trump. He is the first Republican to fight back. I'm not Republican but I think it's great and exactly what's needed.


Republicans with integrity do not agree at all. If 'fighting back' means being an immature lout, that's hardly what Americans with professional experience and attitudes want...suburban women too, as evidenced by today's Fox poll that has 45 nosediving with women in MI, WI, and PA. Ex Reagan staffers like Linda Chavez and Mona Charen are particularly vociferous. Charen's piece (the last link) specifically takes to task this notion that success means 'fighting back' in such lowbrow fashion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink ... -enablers/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/612031/

https://thebulwark.com/trump-should-put ... -and-read/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ona-charen
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Republicans with integrity do not agree at all. If 'fighting back' means being an immature lout, that's hardly what Americans with professional experience and attitudes want...suburban women too, as evidenced by today's Fox poll that has 45 nosediving with women in MI, WI, and PA. Ex Reagan staffers like Linda Chavez and Mona Charen are particularly vociferous. Charen's piece (the last link) specifically takes to task this notion that success means 'fighting back' in such lowbrow fashion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink ... -enablers/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/612031/

https://thebulwark.com/trump-should-put ... -and-read/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ona-charen


Do you mean like Mitt Romney and John McCain too? Aren't they of the highest integrity when it comes to Republicans? It's a shame Trump didn't consult with them before running for President.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:31 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Republicans with integrity do not agree at all. If 'fighting back' means being an immature lout, that's hardly what Americans with professional experience and attitudes want...suburban women too, as evidenced by today's Fox poll that has 45 nosediving with women in MI, WI, and PA. Ex Reagan staffers like Linda Chavez and Mona Charen are particularly vociferous. Charen's piece (the last link) specifically takes to task this notion that success means 'fighting back' in such lowbrow fashion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink ... -enablers/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/612031/

https://thebulwark.com/trump-should-put ... -and-read/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ona-charen


Do you mean like Mitt Romney and John McCain too? Aren't they of the highest integrity when it comes to Republicans? It's a shame Trump didn't consult with them before running for President.


That's not a response. Please explain what part of this is wrong (written by yet another conservative woman fed up with 45):

As a young conservative in the ‘90s and early aughts I was told, over and over (and to this day still believe), that “character counts.”

Peggy Noonan once wrote of Ronald Reagan:

In a president, character is everything. A president doesn’t have to be brilliant; Harry Truman wasn’t brilliant, and he helped save Western Europe from Stalin. He doesn’t have to be clever; you can hire clever. White Houses are always full of quick-witted people with ready advice on how to flip a senator or implement a strategy. You can hire pragmatic, and you can buy and bring in policy wonks.

But you can’t buy courage and decency, you can’t rent a strong moral sense. A president must bring those things with him.

Well, President Trump didn’t bring any of those things with him. And rather than demand better, conservatives and Republicans surrendered. Many of them eagerly. They put policy over decency. They prioritized political power over everything.


https://thebulwark.com/what-did-they-th ... ld-happen/

This is at the center of Gen. Mattis's argument as to why 45 sucks at leading and is hardly an adult man.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15009
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 pm

People like former General Mattis have an obligation from the oath they took when entering the US Military and as an Officer of it to their fellow citizens to speak out against abuses and tyrant wannabees like President Trump.

Gen. Matis saw President Trump, who in that position is the Commander in Chief of our military was making illegal and immoral orders to our military members to go after citizens of the USA. The General knew that Trump was dead wrong and would have to reject the President's order out of moral and legal obligations.

The USA, unlike many countries, has a very decentralized structure of policing and criminal law, mainly controlled on the state and local level. What Federal law enforcement we have is for violations and enforcement of Federal law and rules. We also have the National Guard, which is under the control of State Governors and strictly limited in carrying out non-Federal law enforcement.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17959
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Anyone with a brain would know this 30 years ago--Trump has always been human garbage driven only by revenge and greed--and since he's so terrible at making money, that leaves nothing but revenge. And revenge is all conservatives have ever wanted since they got shellacked in the Civil War.

But sure. Thanks for telling us the obvious Mattis. So brave. Problem this fascist militarism is exactly what gives conservatives a boner--especially when it puts minorities in their place. Holy hell they're intoxicated off that.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8242
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:33 pm

In all seriousness, Mattis lost any claim to the moral high ground when he accepted to become part of the Trump administration. So many instances he could have spoken out; so many chances to steer Trump away...but no. He stayed quiet. And now, he's suddenly telling us the obvious. Thank you for speaking out, but take a seat; you lost your turn at the podium a long time ago.

As for Trump...isn't it nice that he promised to hire only the best people? A manager with such a high turnover rate would quickly be called into question.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Republicans with integrity do not agree at all. If 'fighting back' means being an immature lout, that's hardly what Americans with professional experience and attitudes want...suburban women too, as evidenced by today's Fox poll that has 45 nosediving with women in MI, WI, and PA. Ex Reagan staffers like Linda Chavez and Mona Charen are particularly vociferous. Charen's piece (the last link) specifically takes to task this notion that success means 'fighting back' in such lowbrow fashion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink ... -enablers/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/612031/

https://thebulwark.com/trump-should-put ... -and-read/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ona-charen


Do you mean like Mitt Romney and John McCain too? Aren't they of the highest integrity when it comes to Republicans? It's a shame Trump didn't consult with them before running for President.


More conservative reaction from speechwriter Amanda Carpenter:

Watching a bunch of young Trump staffers who have never done anything but lick Trump’s loafers trash a four star Marine Corps General is nauseating.

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/sta ... 57248?s=20

As einstein notes above, in almost every case when turnover is high and there's a lot of backbiting that goes on for months and years - the employees weren't the problem - it was the manager. The WH is no different. But the apologists will tell us otherwise.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:48 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
In all seriousness, Mattis lost any claim to the moral high ground when he accepted to become part of the Trump administration. So many instances he could have spoken out; so many chances to steer Trump away...but no. He stayed quiet. And now, he's suddenly telling us the obvious. Thank you for speaking out, but take a seat; you lost your turn at the podium a long time ago.


Exactly, he is guilty of working in the Trump administration and deserves the same treatment as Michael Flynn. Zero tolerance.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22170
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Millions of us have been saying the exact same thing for 3.5 years. He had his chance to stand up and say something. All Republicans still do. The problem is that some Republicans are too deep and would rather watch the country burn so they can get a few crumbs than actually stand up for the United States.

Republicans: you don't have to choose between party and this power mad golfer. You can both keep your party and stand beside someone with character. It is not one or the other. Those of us outside the Republican party have been defending statements from GWB. When Democrats are agreeing with GWB, maybe Republicans should listen.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:30 am

afcjets wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
In all seriousness, Mattis lost any claim to the moral high ground when he accepted to become part of the Trump administration. So many instances he could have spoken out; so many chances to steer Trump away...but no. He stayed quiet. And now, he's suddenly telling us the obvious. Thank you for speaking out, but take a seat; you lost your turn at the podium a long time ago.


Exactly, he is guilty of working in the Trump administration and deserves the same treatment as Michael Flynn. Zero tolerance.


45 claims Gen. Kelly is wrong for sticking up for Mattis and disputing 45’s tweet-lies. Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:

45 claims Gen. Kelly is wrong for sticking up for Mattis and disputing 45’s tweet-lies. Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.


It doesn't matter neither of them are on the ballot and never have been. Also, a lot more Americans might get sick of watching their cities burn if this continues.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

45 claims Gen. Kelly is wrong for sticking up for Mattis and disputing 45’s tweet-lies. Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.

Also, a lot more Americans might get sick of watching their cities burn if this continues.


There are pretty much no americans seeing their cities burn down, because the people actually living in those cities know that ain´t happening, and the rest doesn´t live in those cities, but watches FOXNews and OAN.

Plenty also know that Trump boys are doing some of the burning, looting and rioting, and they may even have started most of it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/0 ... est-294342
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/g ... ntifa.html
https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesot ... st-groups/



best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8242
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.

I want to believe that this will be the case, but expect a significant part of the electorate that calls itself pro-military to denounce and reject the claims made by these two Marines. After all, before 2016 they had been making the case that a CiC needed to have military experience only to make a sudden U-turn because of reasons.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:16 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.

I want to believe that this will be the case, but expect a significant part of the electorate that calls itself pro-military to denounce and reject the claims made by these two Marines. After all, before 2016 they had been making the case that a CiC needed to have military experience only to make a sudden U-turn because of reasons.



The GOP is turning hard right and drumming up support with the deeply racist and deeply nationalistic (militarily so ) part of the base. It begs the question , what morals the GOP will cling to in the center while pandering to those that would subjugate everyone else to their version of the rules. There are a lot of GOP leaders in a big quandry right now. Do they go down with the ship or try to split from it?

I bet the RNC and GOP are doing a lot of surveys right now trying to figure out where they wind up on this turn to fascism.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 11753
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.

I want to believe that this will be the case, but expect a significant part of the electorate that calls itself pro-military to denounce and reject the claims made by these two Marines. After all, before 2016 they had been making the case that a CiC needed to have military experience only to make a sudden U-turn because of reasons.



The GOP is turning hard right and drumming up support with the deeply racist and deeply nationalistic (militarily so ) part of the base. It begs the question , what morals the GOP will cling to in the center while pandering to those that would subjugate everyone else to their version of the rules. There are a lot of GOP leaders in a big quandry right now. Do they go down with the ship or try to split from it?

I bet the RNC and GOP are doing a lot of surveys right now trying to figure out where they wind up on this turn to fascism.


They are, but their surveys are turning up what they already knew - they have a massive gulf in values between educated/uneducated and ED/SPS-afflicted men still trying to cling to the 1950s / professional women.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:37 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Most Americans will believe two decorated Marines over a charlatan manbaby.

I want to believe that this will be the case, but expect a significant part of the electorate that calls itself pro-military to denounce and reject the claims made by these two Marines. After all, before 2016 they had been making the case that a CiC needed to have military experience only to make a sudden U-turn because of reasons.


I would suspect they won't be the only ones between now and November. It does normalize breaking with Trump. Add to that Trumps endorsement making candidates more likely to lose and that may become a real problem for Trump. But I don't think before primary season is over.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11458
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:56 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The silence is over - ex SecDef James Mattis issued a scathing letter to the Atlantic where he criticizes the WH response to the current protests and unrest and invokes both James Madison in Federalist #14 and President Lincoln.


So? Former SecDef James Mattis is one in a long list of people believing this. Domestic and abroad.

It doesn't make a rats difference for the Trumpians, they simply don't care.........
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
So? Former SecDef James Mattis is one in a long list of people believing this. Domestic and abroad.

It doesn't make a rats difference for the Trumpians, they simply don't care.........


:checkmark:

No Trump supporter is going to change their mind and vote for Kamala or Stacey or worse Gretchen over this.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:48 pm

John Kelly just joined in the trashing of Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/politics ... index.html

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly said Friday he agrees with former Secretary of Defense Gen. Jim Mattis' stark warning this week that President Donald Trump is "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:50 pm

afcjets wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
So? Former SecDef James Mattis is one in a long list of people believing this. Domestic and abroad.

It doesn't make a rats difference for the Trumpians, they simply don't care.........


:checkmark:

No Trump supporter is going to change their mind and vote for Kamala or Stacey or worse Gretchen over this.


Why are you targeting women only and minorities? What are you really trying to say here?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:39 pm

casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
So? Former SecDef James Mattis is one in a long list of people believing this. Domestic and abroad.

It doesn't make a rats difference for the Trumpians, they simply don't care.........


:checkmark:

No Trump supporter is going to change their mind and vote for Kamala or Stacey or worse Gretchen over this.


Why are you targeting women only and minorities? What are you really trying to say here?


Joe did that, not me.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:41 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:

:checkmark:

No Trump supporter is going to change their mind and vote for Kamala or Stacey or worse Gretchen over this.


Why are you targeting women only and minorities? What are you really trying to say here?


Joe did that, not me.


no, you did it, by targeting the women instead of Joe.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm

casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Why are you targeting women only and minorities? What are you really trying to say here?


Joe did that, not me.


no, you did it, by targeting the women instead of Joe.


Joe has said he is picking a woman. He has done joint interviews already with Stacey. Stacey in April:
"“I think Vice President Biden is going to make a smart choice, and I appreciate the fact that he has lifted up women as being a necessary partner in this. I would share your concern about not picking a woman of color because women of color, particularly black women, are the strongest part of the Democratic Party,”"

IMO the riots increase the chance if not guarantee Joe will now definitely pick a black woman.

"The selection of a vice presidential candidate is particularly important for Biden. At 77 years old (and 78 when he would assume office), he would be the oldest first-term president ever elected. Biden has been clear he wants someone considerably younger and ready to assume the duties of the presidency should health problems or other unforeseen circumstances arise. He’s already seeking advice on this front from Obama.

“The most important thing — and I’ve actually talked to Barack about this — the most important thing is that there has to be someone who, the day after they’re picked, is prepared to be president of the United States of America if something happened,” Biden said."

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/14/21209668/joe-biden-vice-president-running-mate


https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/494149-stacey-abrams-says-she-shares-concern-about-biden-not-picking-woman-of
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10274
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Ever notice how some people can only blame others for their actions or statements? "He MADE me do it, sir!" :spin:

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Joe did that, not me.


no, you did it, by targeting the women instead of Joe.


Joe has said he is picking a woman. He has done joint interviews already with Stacey. Stacey in April:
"“I think Vice President Biden is going to make a smart choice, and I appreciate the fact that he has lifted up women as being a necessary partner in this. I would share your concern about not picking a woman of color because women of color, particularly black women, are the strongest part of the Democratic Party,”"

IMO the riots increase the chance if not guarantee Joe will now definitely pick a black woman.

"The selection of a vice presidential candidate is particularly important for Biden. At 77 years old (and 78 when he would assume office), he would be the oldest first-term president ever elected. Biden has been clear he wants someone considerably younger and ready to assume the duties of the presidency should health problems or other unforeseen circumstances arise. He’s already seeking advice on this front from Obama.

“The most important thing — and I’ve actually talked to Barack about this — the most important thing is that there has to be someone who, the day after they’re picked, is prepared to be president of the United States of America if something happened,” Biden said."

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/14/21209668/ ... nning-mate


https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... g-woman-of



So what you are really saying because you are so worked up about it is that Trumplicans won't vote for minorities or women no matter how qualified.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Gen. Mattis Says POTUS is ‘Making a Mockery of the Constitution’

Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm

casinterest wrote:
So what you are really saying because you are so worked up about it is that Trumplicans won't vote for minorities or women no matter how qualified.


I might be concerned they could win if I thought they were actually qualified. Stacey is an attorney and writes steamy romance novels and was a state congresswoman. Kamala is a former prosecutor and junior Senator. Trump supporters won't vote for anyone who runs against Trump. Republicans would however gladly vote for a qualified black woman who is actually in their party and/or someone they agreed with on important issues.

"Republican voters say former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is their top choice as Mitt Romney’s running mate, a new poll found.

Rice garnered 30 percent support, followed by Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (19 percent), New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (8 percent) and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan (8 percent)"

https://selenamontgomery.com/

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/07/ ... ice-078707

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 27 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos