Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
apodino
Posts: 3837
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: VP candidates

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm

winginit wrote:
apodino wrote:
I still think its Harris. Wall Street will not allow Biden to pick Warren period. Biden is going through the motions to make it look like he is serious about Warren to appeal to them, but I believe she has no chance at all. Harris is much more to Wall Streets liking.


Agree it will be Harris, but Wall Street will have nothing to do with it. To not pick a woman of color during a moment like this one that could likely spur record turnout among minority populations in the United States would be foolish.

If you seriously think Wall Street will have nothing to do with Biden's VP pick, I have oceanfront property in New Mexico to sell you. Biden relies heavily on donations from Wall Street, and Wall Street is not going to give them without expecting something in return. Also note that much of Biden's economic advisors and Transition team members consist of people from Wall Street.

I do agree with you that the pick will be a woman of Color for the reasons you mention. But it will be a woman of color that has the stamp of approval of Wall Street. Which is exactly why Harris makes so much sense.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: VP candidates

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 pm

If Harris is the pick, progressives should simply hold their noses and vote. Because the alternative is that they stay home and then Trump might win on numbers. At that point, progressives will have no right to complain about it.
So, either vote or shut up.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3763
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: VP candidates

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

winginit wrote:
apodino wrote:
I still think its Harris. Wall Street will not allow Biden to pick Warren period. Biden is going through the motions to make it look like he is serious about Warren to appeal to them, but I believe she has no chance at all. Harris is much more to Wall Streets liking.


Agree it will be Harris, but Wall Street will have nothing to do with it. To not pick a woman of color during a moment like this one that could likely spur record turnout among minority populations in the United States would be foolish.

I am beginning to think it will be Susan Rice - she checks all the boxes and isn't carrying some of the baggage that Harris is. Harris seems more polarizing and for lack of a better term, just not very nice. Rice is well spoken, has lots of experience in Washington, has worked with Biden and, importantly, wants the job.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11017
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: VP candidates

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 pm

ER757 wrote:
winginit wrote:
apodino wrote:
I still think its Harris. Wall Street will not allow Biden to pick Warren period. Biden is going through the motions to make it look like he is serious about Warren to appeal to them, but I believe she has no chance at all. Harris is much more to Wall Streets liking.


Agree it will be Harris, but Wall Street will have nothing to do with it. To not pick a woman of color during a moment like this one that could likely spur record turnout among minority populations in the United States would be foolish.

I am beginning to think it will be Susan Rice - she checks all the boxes and isn't carrying some of the baggage that Harris is. Harris seems more polarizing and for lack of a better term, just not very nice. Rice is well spoken, has lots of experience in Washington, has worked with Biden and, importantly, wants the job.



I think Val Demings might be the best pick. She could carry many parts of the south. She is well educated, a very good speaker, a former Chief of Police who faced racism and sexism throughout her life, and she comes from hard working parents.
She could be a leader on many of the social issues most pressing for the US at this time.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
apodino
Posts: 3837
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: VP candidates

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 pm

Ryan Grim of the Intercept is tweeting that Kamala Harris’ Facebook page is getting a major edit that looks to purge a lot of her past from her page.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1278794233156116486

A separate tweet points out the person editing the page is former Harris organizing leader Bao Nguyen. Of note, he is a prominent attorney who represents Health Insurance companies.

https://twitter.com/Mike_from_PA/status/1278804469959065600

And lastly here is an intercept report on the issue.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/kamala-harris-wikipedia/


To me, this looks like Harris is being seriously considered, and furthermore by doing this they are trying to quash any possible progressive complaints about Harris that may come if Harris is chosen.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13369
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: VP candidates

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:50 pm

apodino wrote:
Ryan Grim of the Intercept is tweeting that Kamala Harris’ Facebook page is getting a major edit that looks to purge a lot of her past from her page.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1278794233156116486

A separate tweet points out the person editing the page is former Harris organizing leader Bao Nguyen. Of note, he is a prominent attorney who represents Health Insurance companies.

https://twitter.com/Mike_from_PA/status/1278804469959065600

And lastly here is an intercept report on the issue.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/kamala-harris-wikipedia/


To me, this looks like Harris is being seriously considered, and furthermore by doing this they are trying to quash any possible progressive complaints about Harris that may come if Harris is chosen.


Of course she was being considered and after Bottom's implosion in Atlanta it is probably going to be Kamala.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3417
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 pm

I think it's going to be Tulsi or Michelle. I think Stacey's erotic novels are going to be a problem, no one is going to take her seriously. Kamala will send blacks to Trump.
 
BN747
Posts: 7713
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 pm

afcjets wrote:
I think it's going to be Tulsi or Michelle. I think Stacey's erotic novels are going to be a problem, no one is going to take her seriously. Kamala will send blacks to Trump.


Your pulse on understanding black political thought is way off, no it would not..Blacks would show up in mediocre numbers and the rest would just home.
Just name 'trump' mentioned in the black community (worse than a non-black calling a black the N-word) is enough get an instant ass whipping. He will garner less black votes than the paltry amount he received in 2016.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
afcjets
Posts: 3417
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:01 pm

BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I think it's going to be Tulsi or Michelle. I think Stacey's erotic novels are going to be a problem, no one is going to take her seriously. Kamala will send blacks to Trump.


Your pulse on understanding black political thought is way off, no it would not..Blacks would show up in mediocre numbers and the rest would just home.
Just name 'trump' mentioned in the black community (worse than a non-black calling a black the N-word) is enough get an instant ass whipping. He will garner less black votes than the paltry amount he received in 2016.

BN747


I don't totally disagree with you, except I doubt those types are even registered to vote.
 
BN747
Posts: 7713
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:20 pm

afcjets wrote:
BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I think it's going to be Tulsi or Michelle. I think Stacey's erotic novels are going to be a problem, no one is going to take her seriously. Kamala will send blacks to Trump.


Your pulse on understanding black political thought is way off, no it would not..Blacks would show up in mediocre numbers and the rest would just home.
Just name 'trump' mentioned in the black community (worse than a non-black calling a black the N-word) is enough get an instant ass whipping. He will garner less black votes than the paltry amount he received in 2016.

BN747


I don't totally disagree with you, except I doubt those types are even registered to vote.


Well no one includes them, blacks or whites, my comment is aimed at a energized and far less energized group of black voters. They will not participate because as much Kamala tries to re-invent herself, she's fallen way short. She'd draw the same number of blacks as Katie Porter would, nothing to get excited about. Porter on the other hand would snatch away a scary size of trump non-college educated white women once they hear her. She has that mojo, it's who she is nothing special just a decent suburban homemaker with a lethal dose of common sense and logic out the ying yang.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
afcjets
Posts: 3417
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:24 pm

BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Your pulse on understanding black political thought is way off, no it would not..Blacks would show up in mediocre numbers and the rest would just home.
Just name 'trump' mentioned in the black community (worse than a non-black calling a black the N-word) is enough get an instant ass whipping. He will garner less black votes than the paltry amount he received in 2016.

BN747


I don't totally disagree with you, except I doubt those types are even registered to vote.


Well no one includes them, blacks or whites, my comment is aimed at a energized and far less energized group of black voters. They will not participate because as much Kamala tries to re-invent herself, she's fallen way short.


The irony will be off the charts if the ticket of the party that has made the #metoo movement and BLM two of their biggest platforms is comprised of an accused rapist and a former prosecutor.
 
BN747
Posts: 7713
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: VP candidates

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 pm

afcjets wrote:
BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I don't totally disagree with you, except I doubt those types are even registered to vote.


Well no one includes them, blacks or whites, my comment is aimed at a energized and far less energized group of black voters. They will not participate because as much Kamala tries to re-invent herself, she's fallen way short.


The irony will be off the charts if the party that has made the #metoo movement and BLM two of their biggest platforms has an accused rapist and former prosecutor on their ticket.


Isn't Reed's claim of groping..that's not rape, trump has the list of Rape claims.

To be fair Biden comes from the days of pervasive groping, I myself am guilty of multiple counts of groping like every friday, sat, nite (and some week night) bar visits, it was something expected to happen in bars/clubs in the 1970s, 1980s - was certainly wrong, but men were ignorant, sexually immature (many still are these days) but laws caught up to and forced people to 'act correct' and respect the personal space of women (and men - these days). I had my butt slapped by an 80yo businesswoman who felt powered by #MeToo, I let it slide because I deserved it after all the chick's ass I swatted. Turn about is fair play...I just feel bad for guys who better behaved than I was and are catching #MeToo daggers for just being a guy. But that's how social change overlaps..some innocents get unjust thrashed when it was the worst of us that caused the backlash. Ok not the worst, the worst be the rapist, drug 'em and rape and the cads who cornered female co-workers and forced themselves on women who needed their jobs regardless of the hassle.

Even today, if a woman does that to me I would not be offended, I am older but still in pretty good shape..women and some gay men are always touching my arms sometimes unconsciously. But I see it as no big deal. However, Covid has put the brakes on a lot that.

Political Correctness done right.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos