Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:27 am

casinterest wrote:
apodino wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump is going to have to send another cease and desist leader to Fox News and Gallop. He already sent one to CNN for their poll.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps ... allup-poll

https://news.gallup.com/poll/312572/tru ... lides.aspx

I was thinking about this today and I have a theory on this. I don't think Trump really seriously believes that a cease and desist order will work, nor do I think he disagrees with the polls. What is really going on here is this about sending a message to his base that he will challenge the media on stuff like this. All this is about is getting the base fired up. This is not a serious attempt to silence CNN. (That's just my theory)

Trump is just pushing his propaganda to keep his flock huddled in his media orbit so they don't question the lies that are told daily on right wing news sources. Trump will point to it as fighting the mainstream media, but he also wants them not to believe the polls. If the polls stay this bad, he may lose needed energy should the economy stay in the gutter as the Fed pointed to today.

They have a propaganda apparatus worthy of Joe Stalin and his henchmen. The main difference is we have laws to keep the law and order man from throwing legitimate protesters into reeducation centers which they would if they could.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

seb146

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:37 am

I wonder if the Junteenth MAGA rally in Tulsa NDA includes "you MUST vote for me or else!"

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... oronavirus

Not to worry! Long lines and broken machines at polling places in Georgia!

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87305462 ... ia-primary

Because vote-by-mail is the worst........
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aesma

Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:44 am

Tugger wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Why?

Pretty much no other jobs dis-allow side work, so why would you want to do that? What would it achieve and how would it help?

Tugg

It would help with people not being fatigued, able to take good decisions, less stressed.

So it should be done for all jobs then, yes? Based on what you are saying.

But of course you are talking about a persons freedom to work as they wish. You are talking about a company begin able to dictate what you do in your time off from the company, your not not working for them.. You are basically making the person a 24/7 employee.

I definitely would not support such a proposal.

Tugg

Can pilots also do that (real question) and do you support it ?

Some jobs require people to be alert, others less so.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:26 am

Aesma wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Aesma wrote:

It would help with people not being fatigued, able to take good decisions, less stressed.

So it should be done for all jobs then, yes? Based on what you are saying.

But of course you are talking about a persons freedom to work as they wish. You are talking about a company begin able to dictate what you do in your time off from the company, your not not working for them.. You are basically making the person a 24/7 employee.

I definitely would not support such a proposal.

Tugg

Can pilots also do that (real question) and do you support it ?

Some jobs require people to be alert, others less so.

Funny how those differences are. My boss can not tell me what I do in my free time, can not enforce clothing guidelines without his employees consent, how to cut my hair, or color it, not has a say in tattoos or piercings...

He does however have the right to tell me to use my free time & my paid leave to relax, and can stop me from doing something that had me show up at work fatigued.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

casinterest

Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
I wonder if the Junteenth MAGA rally in Tulsa NDA includes "you MUST vote for me or else!"

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... oronavirus

Not to worry! Long lines and broken machines at polling places in Georgia!

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87305462 ... ia-primary

Because vote-by-mail is the worst........

Juneteenth is already problematic. In a 'wink', 'wink' nudge to the white nationalist base that is part of his coalition. Of all sites to visit, why is he choosing Tulsa ? For a president that hasn't sought to inflame tensions, i could see it as no issue . However Trump's comments over the years, and his commitment to "very fine people" will create a flash point next week.

https://www.juneteenth.com/history.htm
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863. The Emancipation Proclamation had little impact on the Texans due to the minimal number of Union troops to enforce the new Executive Order. However, with the surrender of General Lee in April of 1865, and the arrival of General Granger’s regiment, the forces were finally strong enough to influence and overcome the resistance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre
he Tulsa race massacre (also called the Tulsa race riot, the Greenwood Massacre, or the Black Wall Street Massacre) of 1921[9][10][11][12][13][14] took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents attacked black residents and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma.[1] It has been called "the single worst incident of racial violence in American history."[15] The attack, carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the district—at that time the wealthiest black community in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street".

It would make more sense to go to a Battleground state for a Rally or Galveston, so why is Trump going to Tulsa again on Juneteenth?
Where ever you go, there you are.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:07 pm

casinterest wrote:
he Tulsa race massacre (also called the Tulsa race riot, the Greenwood Massacre, or the Black Wall Street Massacre) of 1921[9][10][11][12][13][14] took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents attacked black residents and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma.[1] It has been called "the single worst incident of racial violence in American history."[15] The attack, carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the district—at that time the wealthiest black community in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street".

It would make more sense to go to a Battleground state for a Rally or Galveston, so why is Trump going to Tulsa again on Juneteenth?

He obviously just cannot get enough of gaslighting minorities and inciting violence.

On another note, I am in my —very— early 40's, and am continually astonished by how many people my age and older—black and white— do not know about the Tulsa Massacre. Coming out of elementary school in the early 1990s, it was always a logical assumption that this was a common knowledge. But the fact that people need it pointed out makes clear how completely inadequate our educational priorities are when it comes to the African American experience —and who even knows what else...

This is not a bash against 45 per se, but I do recognize that the man may legitimately have no idea the significance of time and place here. This is as much an indictment against the system we have in place as it is against 45's willful illiteracy on these matters.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

casinterest

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:13 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
casinterest wrote:

He obviously just cannot get enough of gaslighting minorities and inciting violence.

On another note, I am in my —very— early 40's, and am continually astonished by how many people my age and older—black and white— do not know about the Tulsa Massacre. Coming out of elementary school in the early 1990s, it was always a logical assumption that this was a common knowledge. But the fact that people need it pointed out makes clear how completely inadequate our educational priorities are when it comes to the African American experience —and who even knows what else...

This is not a bash against 45 per se, but I do recognize that the man may legitimately have no idea the significance of time and place here. This is as much an indictment against the system we have in place as it is against 45's willful illiteracy on these matters.

Even if Trump doesn't know, he didn't plan it. The people that planned it knew very well. And that is what makes it suspect.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:26 pm

casinterest wrote:

Even if Trump doesn't know, he didn't plan it. The people that planned it knew very well. And that is what makes it suspect.

Oh, I agree. There is nothing not suspect about this. And anyone defending this better being do so only verbally, lest their foolishness be preserved to be ridiculed at a later date.

But I just also think that if 45 shows surprise at any backlash, it may well be a sincere reaction. Which, for a guy who likes to go around telling people he is a president, is equally pitiful.

casinterest

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:44 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Oh, I agree. There is nothing not suspect about this. And anyone defending this better being do so only verbally, lest their foolishness be preserved to be ridiculed at a later date.

But I just also think that if 45 shows surprise at any backlash, it may well be a sincere reaction. Which, for a guy who likes to go around telling people he is a president, is equally pitiful.

I think the backlash has already begun in looking around the news a bit today

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... juneteenth

N583JB

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:09 pm

The Democrats are their own worst enemy right now. All they have to do is get out of their own way and Biden will likely win in November. Instead, they are getting behind a "defund the police" campaign that is wildly unpopular amongst the populace as a whole.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm

N583JB wrote:
The Democrats are their own worst enemy right now. All they have to do is get out of their own way and Biden will likely win in November. Instead, they are getting behind a "defund the police" campaign that is wildly unpopular amongst the populace as a whole.

Despite aligning with the overwhelming majority of american political values, it is a truism that Democrats lose races.

But in this case, you are way off. Defund the Police will reach a huge audience. An audience that is so marginalized from society at large that they typically do not bother to vote. But when they see D's backing ambitious, and solidly citizen friendly positions like that, it will largely make up for Biden's otherwise centrist agenda. Add a woman of color VP, and the picture gets worse so still for 45. It is worth noting that Blacks are not the only ones who have problems with the cops. Or see them as revenue thugs. Replacing that with community services that not only have a proven track record, but that also give citizens a real sense of investment in their towns is a winning idea. And not a new one either.

The only people who have a problem with the Defund movement are people who would already vote for 45 anyway, so there is no loss to be concerned about there. Those people are socially illiterate anyway and have no clue what adversity means, or why that matters to minorities.

No, for Democrats, the hazard is getting Biden elected —virtually assured at this point; he simply needs to not die in the meantime— and then doing nothing about the issues that caused the need for Defunding in the 1st place. That, unlike MAGA fantasies, is a real possibility, and if we do not do everything by the book —which we would be writing at the same time— we can bank on a Romney or Rubio presidency in 2025.

N583JB

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:43 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Despite aligning with the overwhelming majority of american political values, it is a truism that Democrats lose races.

But in this case, you are way off. Defund the Police will reach a huge audience. An audience that is so marginalized from society at large that they typically do not bother to vote. But when they see D's backing ambitious, and solidly citizen friendly positions like that, it will largely make up for Biden's otherwise centrist agenda. Add a woman of color VP, and the picture gets worse so still for 45. It is worth noting that Blacks are not the only ones who have problems with the cops. Or see them as revenue thugs. Replacing that with community services that not only have a proven track record, but that also give citizens a real sense of investment in their towns is a winning idea. And not a new one either.

The only people who have a problem with the Defund movement are people who would already vote for 45 anyway, so there is no loss to be concerned about there. Those people are socially illiterate anyway and have no clue what adversity means, or why that matters to minorities.

No, for Democrats, the hazard is getting Biden elected —virtually assured at this point; he simply needs to not die in the meantime— and then doing nothing about the issues that caused the need for Defunding in the 1st place. That, unlike MAGA fantasies, is a real possibility, and if we do not do everything by the book —which we would be writing at the same time— we can bank on a Romney or Rubio presidency in 2025.

The polls are already out and two thirds of Americans are against the "defund the police" movement-

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/64-amer ... d=71202300

seb146

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:02 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I am in my early to late 40s and we never learned about it. I knew nothing about it until social media. We were required to take American history in 9th grade and that was it.

seb146

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pm

N583JB wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
N583JB wrote:

The polls are already out and two thirds of Americans are against the "defund the police" movement-

It should be noted that the biggest reason it shows 64% is Republicans do not want to "defund" the police. I would imagine also they have no clue what that means. Even after they have defunded public education, Social Security, Medicare, public housing, food stamps, the Postal Service........

N583JB

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

It should be noted that the biggest reason it shows 64% is Republicans do not want to "defund" the police. I would imagine also they have no clue what that means. Even after they have defunded public education, Social Security, Medicare, public housing, food stamps, the Postal Service........

It isn't really a popular position with independents and many democrats, either. Horrible slogan.

stratosphere

Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:55 pm

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

It isn't really a popular position with independents and many democrats, either. Horrible slogan.

Liberals and Democrats are trying to play one too many cards. I voted for Trump and have been disappointed in him for a number of reasons enough to not vote for him again...But the lengths the Democrats have been trying to take him down has pissed me off enough to vote for him again. The ungodly Russia investigation that went nowhere. Trying like hell to destroy the economy to take Trump down is fairly transparent too. Now jumping onboard this BLM train so called "peaceful" protests that a bunch of punks turned into destroying peoples livelihoods as if the virus wasn't bad enough. Independents voters like me will remember this. Biden is about the worst choice I can think of for a candidate cannot imagine what the DNC is thinking. Keeping Joe in the basement is the best thing they can do for him. I have grown to dislike Trump pretty bad but he might just get my vote again just for spite.

BravoOne

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Simple, as bad as Trump is, and he is pretty damn bad, he still when all is said and done better than Biden. Biden just can't pull it off, and for the life me I can't figger out why the Dems are hell bent on standing behind this guy. They better damn well have a great VP nominee.

seb146

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:26 am

stratosphere wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Liberals and Democrats are trying to play one too many cards. I voted for Trump and have been disappointed in him for a number of reasons enough to not vote for him again...But the lengths the Democrats have been trying to take him down has pissed me off enough to vote for him again. The ungodly Russia investigation that went nowhere. Trying like hell to destroy the economy to take Trump down is fairly transparent too. Now jumping onboard this BLM train so called "peaceful" protests that a bunch of punks turned into destroying peoples livelihoods as if the virus wasn't bad enough. Independents voters like me will remember this. Biden is about the worst choice I can think of for a candidate cannot imagine what the DNC is thinking. Keeping Joe in the basement is the best thing they can do for him. I have grown to dislike Trump pretty bad but he might just get my vote again just for spite.

People keep reporting on things he did and continues to do. Simply saying "he is holding a rally in Tulsa on Junteenth" or the Fed lowering interest rates to prop up the economy is not "taking him down". Facts are facts.

Insertnamehere

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:55 am

I don't understand how someone can reasonably say that Trump's reaction to either of the crisis gripping America have been right. His reaction to COVID has lead the US to be inadequately prepared for the pandemic despite the US having the cash on hand and industrial might to tackle this like New Zealand. To make matters worse, his reaction to racial tensions after Minneapolis did nothing to alleviate tensions, anger, or heartbreak in the country but instead did the reverse by the violence he perpetrated at Lafayette Park and threatening use of the military.

I deeply despise the Democratic party as they have failed to find a good platform (my own opinion is that allowing Sanders on the democratic ticket gave rise to socialist beliefs in the US and is a root cause to much of the political divisiveness from the Dems while Trump lead to push the Republicans further right), but it seems I will be voting Biden to make sure Trump cannot win a second term. The country has been a laughing stock internationally, especially with our closest allies in Europe for the last 4 years and we need a return to someone who has a more level head.

BN747

Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:02 am

Insertnamehere wrote:
... The country has been a laughing stock internationally, especially with our closest allies in Europe for the last 4 years and we need a return to someone who has a more level head.

That Fact and the 'Child Playing with Toy Soldiers' with the mighty US Military irks me to end! Who cannot see that this is the sterling example of a child with a loaded gun in a store.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Insertnamehere

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:54 am

BN747 wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:
... The country has been a laughing stock internationally, especially with our closest allies in Europe for the last 4 years and we need a return to someone who has a more level head.

That Fact and the 'Child Playing with Toy Soldiers' with the mighty US Military irks me to end! Who cannot see that this is the sterling example of a child with a loaded gun in a store.

BN747

We are starting to see some pushback from the DoD in terms of orders from the President. While obviously legally there is no way for the military to de-throne the president. But we could easily see a situation in which the president is actively ignored by the military.

afcjets

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:32 am

Insertnamehere wrote:
The country has been a laughing stock internationally, especially with our closest allies in Europe for the last 4 years and we need a return to someone who has a more level head.

That was before Trump. Other countries are now starting to pay their fair share. America does not exist to appease and be approved of by Europeans. It was actually founded on the opposite.

seb146

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:38 am

afcjets wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:
The country has been a laughing stock internationally, especially with our closest allies in Europe for the last 4 years and we need a return to someone who has a more level head.

That was before Trump. Other countries are now starting to pay their fair share. America does not exist to appease and be approved of by Europeans. It was actually founded on the opposite.

Well, no. We had been working with Europe with the understanding that we do not want to be the world police. EU didn't like it but they worked with it. They were happy to work with GWB and Obama. Few EU nations want to work with the current administration. The current Republican administration is why we are a laughingstock. At least they respected GWB. Even how much they disagreed with him they respected him. There was a level of trust. But not now.

afcjets

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 am

stratosphere wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Biden's only path to victory imo is talking Condaleeza Rice into VP so Independents and Republicans might vote for him. The anarchists and BLM are just getting started and have been elevated and empowered by Democrats and their media minions. Pretty soon people will be begging the military to come in because the police have been invalidated almost to the point of no return in these hot spots, at least anytime soon. And once again Trump will be prooven right.

seb146

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 am

afcjets wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Biden's only path to victory imo is talking Condaleeza Rice into VP so Independents and Republicans might vote for him. The anarchists and BLM are just getting started and have been elevated and empowered by Democrats and their media minions. Pretty soon people will be begging the military to come in because the police have been invalidated almost to the point of no return in these hot spots, at least anytime soon. And once again Trump will be prooven right.

I don't think so. Former military leaders have spoken out against the current leader and there are whispers current leaders are against him as well. Even though a general stood in the back ground of a photo op at St John's Church, Gen. Milley has since apologized for taking part in the photo-op and gassing peaceful protesters and a bishop.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... e-photo-op
https://www.insider.com/trump-church-ph ... dea-2020-6

But it was Ivanka's idea so don't blame the occupant......

we will not forget

BN747

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:49 am

afcjets wrote:

1) Condaleeza Rice = Catastrophic Loss Black Support ..in case were not aware, she is enormously unpopular among Black voters/people period.

2) Katie Porter is the only non-minority candidate who will also cost Black support while she would sweep up 80% of white GOP women.

There are jail cells full of people from the 'fake' Russia investigation and more under indictment. To them there's nothing fake about that jail cell.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

afcjets

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:35 pm

BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

1) Condaleeza Rice = Catastrophic Loss Black Support ..in case were not aware, she is enormously unpopular among Black voters/people period.

So is Kamala Harris, but she won't attract many Republican votes. And while identity politics is most important, as in Joe is first and foremost recruiting for the position of first black woman, he might as well choose someone experienced and qualified for VP.

Aesma

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Biden doesn't want GOP votes, and Trump doesn't want Dem votes.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

anrec80

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:
We are starting to see some pushback from the DoD in terms of orders from the President. While obviously legally there is no way for the military to de-throne the president. But we could easily see a situation in which the president is actively ignored by the military.

Well, we all should wish that this doesn’t get too far. If in a state the army ignores the commander-in-chief, this is not a state anymore. And there is either a “gray cardinal” who is in actual power and, apparently, was not elected by anyone, or the Army simply does its own thing regardless.

anrec80

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 pm

afcjets wrote:

Condoleeza Rice is a Republican. It’s interesting you brought her up, since I have seen her on TV recently as well. She’s a great and smart politician, and I have a lot of respect for her. I think she should be in charge of foreign policy or some other significant department. I think she’s done great as the Secretary of State - with her in charge, there were no new wars where the USA takes part, and no new US supported coups anywhere either.

seb146

Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

Well, we all should wish that this doesn’t get too far. If in a state the army ignores the commander-in-chief, this is not a state anymore. And there is either a “gray cardinal” who is in actual power and, apparently, was not elected by anyone, or the Army simply does its own thing regardless.

When Biden wins, that means the current administration will need to vacate on January 20. If not, would a military leader get involved or the Sargent At Arms of the House possibly to remove him? I thought there was a discussion on this at some point before on here but I don't recall where.

anrec80

Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
When Biden wins, that means the current administration will need to vacate on January 20. If not, would a military leader get involved or the Sargent At Arms of the House possibly to remove him? I thought there was a discussion on this at some point before on here but I don't recall where.

First - Biden needs to win, and that is not a given yet. Second - Trump need to refuse to vacate the premises. Third - even in that case, Biden still can be sworn in and start his President duty even while Trump is sitting in the White House and that matter is being resolved. So yes, just because someone is in the White House - that doesn’t make him a President yet.

BravoOne

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 am

You guys/gals are making this stuff up as there is no basis for 99% of it. On he otherhand you have an old white man with dementia that can string two sentences together running for this position. Good chance that Trump will take this election unless the Dems make some big changes.

CaptHadley

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:09 am

BravoOne wrote:
You guys/gals are making this stuff up as there is no basis for 99% of it. On he otherhand you have an old white man with dementia that can string two sentences together running for this position. Good chance that Trump will take this election unless the Dems make some big changes.

LOL, you have the audacity to critique Biden? Your hero can barely navigate a ramp, and needs to start using a sippy cup. His mail order wife will be taking him to the cleaners around the end of January 2021. Your boy has Frontotemporal Dementia, he's done. I want a president that can drink a glass of water one handed.

alfa164

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:57 am

afcjets wrote:
And once again Trump will be prooven right.

"Once again"? When has Trump ever been "proven right"?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

BN747

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 am

CaptHadley wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

LOL, you have the audacity to critique Biden? Your hero can barely navigate a ramp, and needs to start using a sippy cup. His mail order wife will be taking him to the cleaners around the end of January 2021. Your boy has Frontotemporal Dementia, he's done. I want a president that can drink a glass of water one handed.

I would think that along with 'That' and having a couple of IQ points above the average American would be somewhat desired at a bare minimum.

BN747

afcjets

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:14 am

alfa164 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
And once again Trump will be prooven right.

"Once again"? When has Trump ever been "proven right"?

I believe the first time as President happened the very first week of his Presidency. Trump tweets Obama wiretapped me. Media: How dare he say that! IG report: Obama wire(less) tapped Trump.

JayinKitsap

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:18 am

SteelChair wrote:
Trump will win in a landslide. The elitists don't care about the forgotten voter, they think the USA is "post industrial." Remember Obama talking about the magic wand? https://youtu.be/

Some other tidbits to back you up.

Taxing the Rich - the 2017 tax bill which limited SALT (State and Local Taxes) deductions to $10K. Well in most of America earning $100K/yr is pretty damn good, something like the 85th percentile, it would be rare for someone earning $100K to owe $10K in state and local taxes unless wealthy. Why should someone in Kentucky have to cover what a rich guy in NYC pays. This is to the tune of a $50K tax credit for every million additional the rich guy earns - not fair. The Democrats always say they want to tax the rich but they are screaming over the rich actually paying more.

Main Street vs Wall Street - Wall Street and the multinationals starting with NAFTA sold out the American Worker and their Main Street in town, now someone is standing up for them. Back 40 years ago there was a lot of talk about Reagan Democrats, mostly blue collar that suddenly left the party they had grown up in. Why - they were voting their paycheck.

China - Trump is the first president to really take China to task. It has and will be a huge battle but things are swinging our way. Now with C
COVID China's actions are really in the spotlight. How can we have nearly all our Pharma and PPE come from there, do I trust China to have the QA to properly make medicines. They cannot even make lawn mowers with interchangeable parts. Our 17th century gun makers figured that out. Those that are concerned about China are leaning Trump's way.

COVID - I've seen up thread how horrible Trump has been on this, but I beg to differ. He was the first to shut down flights from China to the US, nearly a month before the EU did. The US is a republic of states, although he wavered some, he stepped back and let the States do their thing, which is correct in our system. Some Blue States have managed things pretty well - California, and Washington come to mine. I live in Washington and Inslee did a good job - too restrictive but I give him a lot of credit. On the Worldmeter site we started as #1 int the US, now around 20th. The US was running with 1/3 of the world cases, now it is just over 1/4. New York has by far the most cases, and its deaths/Million is 4x the national average. Four Blue States - NY, NJ, CT, and MA all have death rates over 1,100/Million. Those EVIL Red States like Georgia have a rate of 231/M and Florida 137/M. Florida has massive number of old people, yet their death rate is on 9% per million compared to NYC. Blue states are still in LockDown. Michigan is going after Barbers that reopened in a county with almost no cases, but the Governor marched a number of times for BLM with a mask but no social distancing in huge crowds. But she still have that economy on near lockdown. It brings the question of Authority vs Freedom right out front.

BLM - It is horrible and totally criminal what happened to George Floyd, and what just happened in ATL. But these riots and looting have destroyed minority communities across the country. Neighborhood after neighborhood have become food deserts. The cities are basically not arresting anyone, just giving out tickets. There is a huge amount of black victims that have had their businesses, jobs, lives, cars, and homes just destroyed, there is no longer the rule of law in these cities. But now cities like Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, etc feel it is time to defund or cancel the Police Departments. It's back to the Wild West.

___
Some Data Points - Rasmussen Daily tracking 6-11 Trump 43% Obama 8 years ago 47% back on Feb 25th 52% Trump 47% Obama 8 years before. I seem to recall that Obama barely squeeked his election out 8 years ago.

tommy1808

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:56 am

JayinKitsap wrote:
China - Trump is the first president to really take China to task.

yeah.. he took China "to task" by increasing taxes on Americans, and giving exceptions out like candy. And aside of taxing Americans going all "Yes, Master Xi, of course Master Xi" about anything else China did.

]COVID - I've seen up thread how horrible Trump has been on this, but I beg to differ. He was the first to shut down flights from China to the US, nearly a month before the EU did.

He did not shut down flights with China, and what he did wasn´t effective.

South Korea usually has twice the PRC travel than the US, Taiwan has about the same. Look how well they handled Corona. Travel bans seem to be irrelevant.

The US is a republic of states,

So are other places, they all, with no exception, fared better than the US.

although he wavered some, he stepped back and let the States do their thing, which is correct in our system.

Which is not correct under your system, leadership is per definition with the CDC and deciding in the middle of a crisis this is somehow wrong, and effectively silence and censor the CDC, that is somehow wrong is a no go. You can redefine how the USA works in "peacetime", not when you kill 100+k of your own citizens in the process.

Almost all dead people in the US are squarely Trumps responsibility as if he had killed them himself.

and let the States do their thing

by "let the states do their thing" you mean "steal their orders of PPE and stuff" from under their noses, so arriving stuff was was guarded with enough firepower to prevent federal agents from taking it?
by "let the states do their thing" you mean telling them that they have to reopen?
by "let the states do their thing" you mean telling them how they can conduct elections?

It's back to the Wild West.

absolute BS

Rasmussen Daily tracking 6-11 Trump 43% Obama 8 years ago 47% back on Feb 25th 52% Trump 47% Obama 8 years before. I seem to recall that Obama barely squeeked his election out 8 years ago.

Some data point: 8 year ago: net approval Obama: +0.6%, net approval Trump: -13.8%. That is a 14.4% difference.

Obama "squeezed" out his re-election against Mitt Romney, and he lost getting more votes than Trump won with.

Republicans would not have tried out all possible means of voter suppression last week for fun. They want to find the one that works best.

best regards
Thomas

bgm

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 am

afcjets wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

Aww, bless your heart. It’s not just the Europeans who view the President as a complete joke. Not to mention the majority of people in the US, too.

His handling of the Coronavirus crisis and the protests has been nothing short of appalling. If the American electorate don’t kick this vile orange turd to the curb in November, they deserve everything they get.
Really? Four more years of this?

tommy1808

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:51 pm

bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

Aww, bless your heart. It’s not just the Europeans who view the President as a complete joke. Not to mention the majority of people in the US, too.

As far as the opposite side of the planet.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... press-ball

Bush jr. was comedy gold, Trump is poison for it. You can not make up a Trump joke better than what you get by quoting him, you can just make it different.

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm

anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

First - Biden needs to win, and that is not a given yet. Second - Trump need to refuse to vacate the premises. Third - even in that case, Biden still can be sworn in and start his President duty even while Trump is sitting in the White House and that matter is being resolved. So yes, just because someone is in the White House - that doesn’t make him a President yet.

So a solid majority both in the Electoral College and popular vote needs to be resolved?

Here is a piece on how king MAGA could lose both the Electoral College and popular vote and still be sworn in

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/15/invest ... mK8fw4Cggg

Frightening stuff. Georgia, Ohio, and Florida are already gearing up to throw the election. We just saw in Georgia last week how that would go. These people have no actual plans for the future. No actual goals. Only to remain in power. Nothing else.

anrec80

Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:56 pm

seb146 wrote:
So a solid majority both in the Electoral College and popular vote needs to be resolved?

Well, according to the Constitution, the Electoral College determines the result, not the popular vote. What I meant was that if Biden wins the Electoral College, and Trump refuses to vacate The White House, Biden will still be the legitimate president.

seb146 wrote:
Here is a piece on how king MAGA could lose both the Electoral College and popular vote and still be sworn in

Frightening stuff. Georgia, Ohio, and Florida are already gearing up to throw the election. We just saw in Georgia last week how that would go. These people have no actual plans for the future. No actual goals. Only to remain in power. Nothing else.

Well, these are just theories, there are many of this kind floating around the election cycles.

seb146

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:01 pm

anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Well, according to the Constitution, the Electoral College determines the result, not the popular vote. What I meant was that if Biden wins the Electoral College, and Trump refuses to vacate The White House, Biden will still be the legitimate president.

seb146 wrote:

Well, these are just theories, there are many of this kind floating around the election cycles.

We are already being told by Republicans that "vote by mail" is fraudulent. And, again, I point to the long lines with no back up in place in Georgia. We had long lines in Ohio in 2016 as well. Republicans refusing to certify the results of their state elections would mean two things:

1. The Twelfth Amendment would be activated
2. Millions and millions of legitimate votes would be denied.

We are supposed to be a democracy. We are supposed to have one person, one vote. This should serve as a wake up call even for hard core MAGA Republicans.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regiona ... HzXHiPbDL/

apodino

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

seb146 wrote:

We are already being told by Republicans that "vote by mail" is fraudulent. And, again, I point to the long lines with no back up in place in Georgia. We had long lines in Ohio in 2016 as well. Republicans refusing to certify the results of their state elections would mean two things:

We are supposed to be a democracy. We are supposed to have one person, one vote. This should serve as a wake up call even for hard core MAGA Republicans.

An interesting piece came out today about how Vote by Mail could actually harm Native American tribes (Which lean Democratic)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/22/mail-in-voting-native-americans-election

Arizona has a big Native American population, as does Wisconsin. If those states go vote by mail, and the Native Americans can't vote, that may actually help Trump. If Vote by Mail is adopted, this issue needs to be looked at closely.

Interestingly Enough, Biden is not polling well with Latino voters either. Most polls I have seen show Biden support among Latinos below 50 percent. That is a huge problem for him. Now all the non Biden supporters don't automatically go to Trump, but considering fact that the Democratic party has tried to outreach to Latino voters, this is a big problem. And given that Biden's VP list right now does not include any Latina's, reaching out to this community could be difficult. Trump is already running Spanish Language ads as well.

alfa164

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:14 pm

apodino wrote:
Most polls I have seen show Biden support among Latinos below 50 percent. That is a huge problem for him. Now all the non Biden supporters don't automatically go to Trump, but considering fact that the Democratic party has tried to outreach to Latino voters, this is a big problem. And given that Biden's VP list right now does not include any Latina's, reaching out to this community could be difficult. Trump is already running Spanish Language ads as well.

Where are those polls? Show us facts, please.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

apodino

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:33 pm

alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
Most polls I have seen show Biden support among Latinos below 50 percent. That is a huge problem for him. Now all the non Biden supporters don't automatically go to Trump, but considering fact that the Democratic party has tried to outreach to Latino voters, this is a big problem. And given that Biden's VP list right now does not include any Latina's, reaching out to this community could be difficult. Trump is already running Spanish Language ads as well.

Where are those polls? Show us facts, please.

Here is a recent Quinnipiac Poll (The actual polls aren't easy to find, I was relying on news reports.) The Hispanic vote in this poll is Biden 45, Trump 38. That is worse than Hillary. Keep an eye on this.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3661

Tugger

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm

"Will Trump win a second term?" Well Sen. Lindsey Graham didn't think he deserved a first term. Called him a “ race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot,” and further said “You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell.”

This is from the latest "Lincoln Project Ad (highlighted in a thread of its own) but it is relevant in this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Xpwyd4aMM

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

northstardc4m

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:36 pm

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

An interesting piece came out today about how Vote by Mail could actually harm Native American tribes (Which lean Democratic)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/22/mail-in-voting-native-americans-election

Arizona has a big Native American population, as does Wisconsin. If those states go vote by mail, and the Native Americans can't vote, that may actually help Trump. If Vote by Mail is adopted, this issue needs to be looked at closely.

Interestingly Enough, Biden is not polling well with Latino voters either. Most polls I have seen show Biden support among Latinos below 50 percent. That is a huge problem for him. Now all the non Biden supporters don't automatically go to Trump, but considering fact that the Democratic party has tried to outreach to Latino voters, this is a big problem. And given that Biden's VP list right now does not include any Latina's, reaching out to this community could be difficult. Trump is already running Spanish Language ads as well.
What polls are those then? Cause I can't find them:

Texas:

https://www.texasdemocrats.org/wp-conte ... esults.pdf

Latino support
66% (page 4)

Arizona:

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/ ... elease.pdf

61% (page 7)

California

https://www.strother-nuckels.com/wp-con ... sults1.pdf

76% page 23

Florida

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... 20-florida

53% page 6

That's the largest Latino vote state (CA) and the 3 most competitive states with large Latino population (AZ, TX, FL)

The only one of them Biden is under 60% with Latinos is Florida... At 53% vs Trump at 35%

I follow stats for fun... And the granular trustworthy polls (aka actual data not spin or opinion) show Biden doing well with almost every minority group in competitive states.

Also 2 of the above are by FoxNews so I don't know what bias you'd like to try and deflect them with.

And if you really want to have some fun read all the numbers in those 2 fox polls...

If you want to say polls are useless fine... But I promise you neither campaign is ignoring them.

Oh and polls actually are fairly easy to find...

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

BN747

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:37 pm

With Bolton Bomb #1 (book) out and the fallout still happening, two more are the way and it looks like they're in an order of ranging from worse to absolute worst.

#2 Mary Trump niece (daughter of Fred Trump Jr) - coming within weekls - he is already trying to block it.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/60 ... =800&h=887

She's already launching nukes....

#3 Michael Cohen/Rosie O'Donnell - that will definitely be loaded with multiple kitchen sinks.
The Challenge to be better than the book before yours...it's on!

I'd say as of Bolton's damage..the popular vote count is DOA as far as his favor goes.

BN747