Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 16
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump cheated on his SAT's per his niece.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/politics ... index.html

She writes that he enlisted "a smart kid with a reputation for being a good test taker, to take his SATs for him," adding the test-taker was compensated for the effort.


Wouldn't this have invalidated him from getting into Wharton ?


He was Wharton undergrad which pops paid for admission and extra to keep the results under lock n key....just as he did the MD to lie his way out of Vietnam.

Just when we though, Lori Laughton started the 'buy your way to a degree' scandal, Fred trump learned from the best.,,,buy your way in.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Tugger wrote:
What I am amazed at is to realize just how much "non-disclosure agreements" (all enabled by money of course) block from the public when that information is in fact otherwise vital for a public decision. I almost want to say that for anyone in public office, previously agreed to NDA's may an can be challenged and voided.

I mean I know enough money buys pretty much anything you want, and for the wealthy that can also be silence. Absolutely, contractually obligated to silence at least. And if violated the person can be ruined (and I think potentially jailed for doing so, mostly through a contempt of court process). But I just did not realize how bad it was, how dangerous it was. (I mean I even made posts here, before the 2016 election, joking about how Trump was right now busy paying all the women he'd been with hundreds of thousands to be silent.)

The courts have spoken, individuals have the right to sign away their first amendment rights. But the public's right to know... somehow that must be made to superseded such things. Just as they have now made NDA's not enforceable for some sex and abuse related crimes and issues, I think the same needs to be for public figures serving higher office.

Tugg


NDA's should not be a part of family Trust agreements.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
Newark727
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump cheated on his SAT's per his niece.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/politics ... index.html

She writes that he enlisted "a smart kid with a reputation for being a good test taker, to take his SATs for him," adding the test-taker was compensated for the effort.


Wouldn't this have invalidated him from getting into Wharton ?


What a shocking surprise, said absolutely nobody.
 
apodino
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:19 pm

It almost looks to me like Trump is deliberately trying to lose the election. There is no one in his right mind who was serious about getting reelected that would run this country the way he does. It almost looks to me like Trump is trying to turn the entire country against him so that he can lose on purpose.

That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting. Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.

1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)

But these are just guesses. As has been mentioned, no body really knows. Biden isn't talking. But this almost looks to me like Biden will win because the other guy is so bad. This is exactly how Carter won in 1976, as the watergate fallout was still in effect. Four years later, the republicans won the White House back with a Governor and Former Actor. His name was Ronald Reagan. Could we see this in 2024?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm

apodino wrote:
It almost looks to me like Trump is deliberately trying to lose the election. There is no one in his right mind who was serious about getting reelected that would run this country the way he does. It almost looks to me like Trump is trying to turn the entire country against him so that he can lose on purpose.

That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting. Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.

1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)

But these are just guesses. As has been mentioned, no body really knows. Biden isn't talking. But this almost looks to me like Biden will win because the other guy is so bad. This is exactly how Carter won in 1976, as the watergate fallout was still in effect. Four years later, the republicans won the White House back with a Governor and Former Actor. His name was Ronald Reagan. Could we see this in 2024?



1. Wall Street. will put their fingers and cash into any accepting individual.
2. Health care can be greatly improved. To say there will be little improvements is wrong, especially when Trump wants to invalidate it.
3. The Military-Industrial complex gets stronger the more we put allocate money to it. If Trump pulls out of Afghanistan, I doubt the democrats will go running back in.
4. Progressives will make progress where communication and technology give them the advantage. Think Clean energy . Social equality, and other items.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
alfa164
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:28 pm

apodino wrote:
There is no one in his right mind who was serious about getting reelected that would run this country the way he does.


Ah... there's the rub. As reality sets in, the number of lemmings who thing Trump is in his right mind is dwindling rapidly.


apodino wrote:
That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting.


Biden has actually provided more policy positions than most people realize; as the primaries come to an end (and they are still dragging on!) and the nomination convention creates a platform - undoubtedly with much of his direction - we should see more defined policies. For now, just being "not-Trump" is enough to get the support of the majority.

apodino wrote:
Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.
1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.


It is hard for Wall Street to have a tighter grip than it does now; despite his campaign promises otherwise, Trump has populated his administration with the most desultory list of Wall Street swamp-creatures in the history of the Presidency. They are only outnumbered by the anti-immigration scare-mongers.


apodino wrote:
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.


The new administration should have a chance to "tweak" and improve on the Affordable Care Act - and maybe even approach some version of Medicare-for-all-who-want-it. At least they won't be trying to jerk health-care insurance from under millions of Americans.


apodino wrote:
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)


Just like Wall Street's influence, Trump's promises to diminish the influence of the military-industrial complex has been discarded by the wayside after he took office (in all fairness, part of this may be due to the prior-GOP-controlled House, and the GOP-controlled Senate, which would be loathe to lower funding for any projects in their own districts and/or states). In some respects, we need a stronger military voice in the White House; it is no secret that the military, knowing the risks and results of wartimes, is much more reluctant to "pull the trigger" than many of the armchair-generals with no military experience who inhabit Foggy Bottom.


apodino wrote:
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)


Jut like Trump has done - with only a few exceptions - Biden should be able to corral his troops whenever they control both houses of Congress. The difference is Trump represents the most extreme faction of the GOP (it is tempting to say he represents the most extreme faction of the Confederacy... or the most despotic desires of his own mind), whereas Biden sits somewhere in the middle pf his party's political spectrum. It should be, in simple terms, a return to normalcy.


apodino wrote:
But this almost looks to me like Biden will win because the other guy is so bad. This is exactly how Carter won in 1976, as the watergate fallout was still in effect. Four years later, the republicans won the White House back with a Governor and Former Actor. His name was Ronald Reagan. Could we see this in 2024?


Jimmy Carter didn't win because "the other guy (was) so bad"; he ran against Gerald Ford, a decent, honorable man who had the unfortunate role of completing the term of two dishonored leaders: Nixon and Agnew. Even with that burden, Ford lost by only two percentage points in the popular vote. The electoral vote was the closest since 1916; Carter carried 23 states with 297 electoral votes, while Ford won 27 states with 240 electoral votes.

Most speculation indicates that Biden intends to serve only one term, then hand-off the mantle to (presumable) whomever runs as his Vice President. TV actors need not apply.

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
apodino
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:18 pm

casinterest wrote:
apodino wrote:
It almost looks to me like Trump is deliberately trying to lose the election. There is no one in his right mind who was serious about getting reelected that would run this country the way he does. It almost looks to me like Trump is trying to turn the entire country against him so that he can lose on purpose.

That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting. Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.

1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)

But these are just guesses. As has been mentioned, no body really knows. Biden isn't talking. But this almost looks to me like Biden will win because the other guy is so bad. This is exactly how Carter won in 1976, as the watergate fallout was still in effect. Four years later, the republicans won the White House back with a Governor and Former Actor. His name was Ronald Reagan. Could we see this in 2024?



1. Wall Street. will put their fingers and cash into any accepting individual.

Wall Street is literally staffing Joe Biden's transition team, and it is no secret that Biden will make sure Wall Street approves his VP pick before he makes it. Remember, under a Biden administration, the Secretary of the Treasury is likely to be Jamie Dimon, one of the most powerful men on Wall Street. Bloomberg is also rumored to be in Biden's Cabinet.

2. Health care can be greatly improved. To say there will be little improvements is wrong, especially when Trump wants to invalidate it.

I am not talking about the lawsuit against the affordable care act, I am talking about specifically what Biden would do if he were in office. These big insurance and drug companies are all big time donors to the Democratic party. There is no way that these people in Washington are suddenly going to change things significantly if it doesn't benefit them. Biden has already made it quite clear he is against Single Payer. I said there will be tweaks to the ACA. These will have the guise of helping the people, but in reality it will help the Drug Companies and the Insurance companies the most. And needless to say, when these folks benefit, the working class and the poor do not.

3. The Military-Industrial complex gets stronger the more we put allocate money to it. If Trump pulls out of Afghanistan, I doubt the democrats will go running back in.

I don't know if you were paying attention this week, but the Democrats teamed up with Liz Cheney of all people to prevent us from pulling out. They slipped a provision into the Defense Authorization bill to mandate that we stay in. Only a handful of democrats voted against this. Most of the Democrats want to stay in. And let me be clear, there will not be sufficient time before a Biden inauguration to pull all of our Troops out. Thus they will be in for the long term.

4. Progressives will make progress where communication and technology give them the advantage. Think Clean energy . Social equality, and other items.

I have heard this claim made for many many years. Here is the truth. We have made very little progress on these issues for many many years. Clean Energy is something that I see a large shift toward in the general public, and I firmly believe this will be solved economically. Social Equality has been talked about for many many years. Yet here we are over 50 years after Martin Luther King gave his speech at the Lincoln Memorial, and we have made very little progress on this issue, despite tons of bills passing to deal with these issues, and huge efforts to solve them.

alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting.


Biden has actually provided more policy positions than most people realize; as the primaries come to an end (and they are still dragging on!) and the nomination convention creates a platform - undoubtedly with much of his direction - we should see more defined policies. For now, just being "not-Trump" is enough to get the support of the majority.

The problem is most of his policies don't do very much. And because of the way the Primary shaped out, it will be mainly establishment people on the Platform Committees. Bernie has fewer delegates this year, and will have less influence than he did four years ago.

alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.
1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.


It is hard for Wall Street to have a tighter grip than it does now; despite his campaign promises otherwise, Trump has populated his administration with the most desultory list of Wall Street swamp-creatures in the history of the Presidency. They are only outnumbered by the anti-immigration scare-mongers.

See my post above. Wall Street is literally running Biden's campaign, and Jamie Dimon will likely be the Treasury Secretary under Biden.


alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.


The new administration should have a chance to "tweak" and improve on the Affordable Care Act - and maybe even approach some version of Medicare-for-all-who-want-it. At least they won't be trying to jerk health-care insurance from under millions of Americans.

One thing that was consistent with Biden during the Primary is he was against M4A. And there is no reason for him to support it now. And because his guys (Establishment) are going to be dictating the platform, I would be shocked if M4A was included in the platform.


alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)


Just like Wall Street's influence, Trump's promises to diminish the influence of the military-industrial complex has been discarded by the wayside after he took office (in all fairness, part of this may be due to the prior-GOP-controlled House, and the GOP-controlled Senate, which would be loathe to lower funding for any projects in their own districts and/or states). In some respects, we need a stronger military voice in the White House; it is no secret that the military, knowing the risks and results of wartimes, is much more reluctant to "pull the trigger" than many of the armchair-generals with no military experience who inhabit Foggy Bottom.

I actually disagree with you here. Trump to me is actually more of a Military hawk than a lot of people before him have been. As I mentioned above, he wants to pull our Troops out of Afghanistan. Which is a position that should be popular with the Democratic base. Not so fast, Pelosi allows Liz Cheney to slip an amendment into the Military Appropriations bill mandating we stay in. And the Armchair General you are likely speaking of, John Bolton, was fired partly because of this issue.


alfa164 wrote:
apodino wrote:
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)


Jut like Trump has done - with only a few exceptions - Biden should be able to corral his troops whenever they control both houses of Congress. The difference is Trump represents the most extreme faction of the GOP (it is tempting to say he represents the most extreme faction of the Confederacy... or the most despotic desires of his own mind), whereas Biden sits somewhere in the middle pf his party's political spectrum. It should be, in simple terms, a return to normalcy.

Again I disagree. Nancy Pelosi just lost one of her top Lieutenants in Eliot Engel, and another one, Richard Neal, is in big trouble in his own MA primary. These people that progressives are sending to DC are not there to rubber stamp every single thing a Biden administration wants them to. Remember, in Trumps first two years, many of the bills that passed the House needed Democratic support to pass the house because the Freedom Caucus wouldn't toe the party line. I suspect a similar situation will happen in the next congress.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:53 am

Any thoughts on this:...no not Fox News crap..being reported elsewhere too

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/profes ... pite-polls
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:07 am

727LOVER wrote:
Any thoughts on this:...no not Fox News crap..being reported elsewhere too

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/profes ... pite-polls


From the article..
"As Mediaite noted, the two elections the model failed to predict were the 1960 election of John F. Kennedy and the 2000 election of George W. Bush."

The two he got wrong...

How could he possibly get JFK wrong? That he didn't see that one is telling...Bush 2000, I can see him missing that. Who anticipated Florida?


As for this, he must have a built-in algorithm that factors in Big Time cheating that he's not telling anyone about.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:31 am

apodino wrote:
It almost looks to me like Trump is deliberately trying to lose the election. There is no one in his right mind who was serious about getting reelected that would run this country the way he does. It almost looks to me like Trump is trying to turn the entire country against him so that he can lose on purpose.

That being said, everyone knows that Trump is bad. The question that nobody knows is, what will Biden do and what will his administration look like? This could be a situation where the guy in office is so bad, that people will vote for the other guy to get the guy in office out, and the new guy wont be good either and the Americans will get screwed over more. Biden has said very little on policy, and thus we really dont know what we are actually getting. Here are some things that I think we will see in a Biden administration.

1. Wall Street will have an even tighter grip on Policy and executive branch decisions.
2. There will be very little improvements to the health care system. There will be so called tweaks to the Affordable Care Act, but color me skeptical that any of these tweaks will help the people before the powerful.
3. The Military-Industrial complex will get even stronger, and will lead to us staying in Afghanistan and other wars indefinitely, at the expense of trillions of taxpayer dollars that could be used for other things. (Single Payer healthcare anyone?)
4. Progressives will gain a bit of influence in the House, but because of the Senate, even though the Senate will be democratic controlled, there will be lots of disagreements between the two houses, and Biden will probably lean toward the establishment and give progressives the finger. (Think the Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus)

But these are just guesses. As has been mentioned, no body really knows. Biden isn't talking. But this almost looks to me like Biden will win because the other guy is so bad. This is exactly how Carter won in 1976, as the watergate fallout was still in effect. Four years later, the republicans won the White House back with a Governor and Former Actor. His name was Ronald Reagan. Could we see this in 2024?


He’s facing serious legal problems when he’s not hiding in the White House anymore. I’d think that would mean he want to stay as long as possible.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5796
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:19 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
He’s facing serious legal problems when he’s not hiding in the White House anymore. I’d think that would mean he want to stay as long as possible.


https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53353953

The SC and justice system he has stacked with loyals is barely capable of protecting him from his own crimes.
The WH is pretty much his hideout now. Life outside of it promises to be rather 'interesting'. I hope for him that he grifted enough from his time as President to cover his legal fees for the 10+ years to come.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2775
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:36 am

Nope, Trump can't get a 2nd term. He won with razor-thin margins in the single digits, but he will kill off a decent amount of his base that refuses to distance or wear masks
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Add another charge of fraud to Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-not-do ... D=ref_fark

Harold Bornstein, who was Donald Trump's personal doctor for decades, acknowledges that his over-the-top statement about Trump's health in 2015 was not written by him — but by the then-presidential candidate.

A
mong the key passages in a letter Bornstein provided the news media three years ago: "His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary. If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Voting for Biden is like shitting your pants, and then you change your shirt. Brain-Dead Biden is what he's always been, a problem and a loser. Accept it, four more for Trump.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14543
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

extender wrote:
Voting for Biden is like shitting your pants, and then you change your shirt. Brain-Dead Biden is what he's always been, a problem and a loser. Accept it, four more for Trump.


What is the upshot for the country with re-electing a failed leader? This oughta be good. Suburban moms and professionals everywhere would love to know.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14517
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:10 pm

extender wrote:
Voting for Biden is like shitting your pants, and then you change your shirt.


Not getting worse plus the president not being a x-times felon in being would still seem like a rather large improvement.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:30 pm

You all crack me up. Biden has been a fixture in the Senate since 1973. He has used racial slurs, has lied about a great many things, has used his influence to cover corruption with his kids, is a flat-out creep, and you all trip all over yourselves to post the most minimal anti-orange man threads. After 2020 you won't have fret so much, unless his daughter runs...
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Whoever is even remotely thinking of voting for Biden better really like who he picks for his VP running mate. THAT is who will most likely be the next president. If Biden wins he is a one term and I doubt with his early stages of dementia he will even finish out a first term.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Assuming that Biden does not make a major gaffe during a debate, I think that the odds are very likely that Biden will win.
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:40 pm

In a sane world, any candidate choosing a VP on basis of gender should be disqualified from running as president.

The pandering of a weak Biden to the far left in the democratic party by playing the identity politics game should increase Trumps chances of winning.
But unfortunately Trump is the gift that keeps giving when ot comes to show lack of leadership in times of crises.

A shame one of them have to win.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14543
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:59 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Whoever is even remotely thinking of voting for Biden better really like who he picks for his VP running mate. THAT is who will most likely be the next president. If Biden wins he is a one term and I doubt with his early stages of dementia he will even finish out a first term.


The odds are even for failing to finish a term for either of them - especially if 45's weekend Walter Reed run last fall was for a mild stroke as some MDs have ventured.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:29 pm

extender wrote:
You all crack me up. Biden has been a fixture in the Senate since 1973. He has used racial slurs, has lied about a great many things, has used his influence to cover corruption with his kids, is a flat-out creep, and you all trip all over yourselves to post the most minimal anti-orange man threads. After 2020 you won't have fret so much, unless his daughter runs...



LOL.

Replace "fixture in the Senate since 1973" with "running various businesses into the ground since 1968" and literally every single thing you said applies to Trump.

I personally don't think Biden is particularly great, but he is less universally reviled than Hillary Clinton was by orders of magnitude and now, as opposed to 2016, Americans have some first-hand evidence of what a Trump administration is really like:
He's as incompetent and racist as many had warned, but less populist and much more warm to Wall Street and Big Corporations than some had hoped.

Therefore, barring any major surprises, Trump is on track to lose in fall and hopefully lose big, maybe taking the GOP's Senate majority down with him.
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY
 
Newark727
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
In a sane world, any candidate choosing a VP on basis of gender should be disqualified from running as president.

The pandering of a weak Biden to the far left in the democratic party by playing the identity politics game should increase Trumps chances of winning.
But unfortunately Trump is the gift that keeps giving when ot comes to show lack of leadership in times of crises.

A shame one of them have to win.


This reads exactly like the "both sides are bad" arguments we got in 2016, which we can thank for getting Trump into office in the first place. And if anyone is guilty of playing "identity politics," it's certainly the man who ran on "build the wall" and explicit religious discrimination, who has now decided that the most pressing issue facing this country is the removal of Confederate statues.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Newark727 wrote:
Dahlgardo wrote:
In a sane world, any candidate choosing a VP on basis of gender should be disqualified from running as president.

The pandering of a weak Biden to the far left in the democratic party by playing the identity politics game should increase Trumps chances of winning.
But unfortunately Trump is the gift that keeps giving when ot comes to show lack of leadership in times of crises.

A shame one of them have to win.


This reads exactly like the "both sides are bad" arguments we got in 2016, which we can thank for getting Trump into office in the first place. And if anyone is guilty of playing "identity politics," it's certainly the man who ran on "build the wall" and explicit religious discrimination, who has now decided that the most pressing issue facing this country is the removal of Confederate statues.



Simple fact. We know Trump is horrible. He is a Grandstanding Manipulative, Lying, dishonorable man who has already failed spectacularly at multiple levels.
Biden comes from an Administration that had plans and goals. Trump's plan is based off of racism and genocide.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
Simple fact. We know Trump is horrible. He is a Grandstanding Manipulative, Lying, dishonorable man who has already failed spectacularly at multiple levels.


True

casinterest wrote:
Biden comes from an Administration that had plans and goals.


What exactly did the Obama administration achieve?

casinterest wrote:
Trump's plan is based off of racism and genocide.


This kind of unfounded activistic BS will only dig the trenches even deeper, and it also highlights that your perspective and tone is at least as divisive as you accuse Trump of being.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
Newark727
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:00 pm

extender wrote:
You all crack me up. Biden has been a fixture in the Senate since 1973. He has used racial slurs, has lied about a great many things, has used his influence to cover corruption with his kids, is a flat-out creep, and you all trip all over yourselves to post the most minimal anti-orange man threads. After 2020 you won't have fret so much, unless his daughter runs...


So all you've taken away from the last four years of criticisms, coming from virtually every corner of American society and addressing not just specific controversial policies but the very character of Trump and his presidency, is that some people just think "orange man bad?" That's not our problem, that's yours.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Simple fact. We know Trump is horrible. He is a Grandstanding Manipulative, Lying, dishonorable man who has already failed spectacularly at multiple levels.


True

casinterest wrote:
Biden comes from an Administration that had plans and goals.


What exactly did the Obama administration achieve?


Obama achieved Many Items listed below.

Health Care, OBL Killed, Established Net Neutrality, Kept a pandemic response unit. Cut Veteran Homelessness. created less deficits than Trump.



https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/ ... revisited/
Dahlgardo wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump's plan is based off of racism and genocide.





This kind of unfounded activistic BS will only dig the trenches even deeper, and it also highlights that your perspective and tone is at least as divisive as you accuse Trump of being.


It isn't activistic. It is the truth. Trump has no plan for this country that isn't based off of the above. Look at Covid-19, Law & Order, Immigration, Trade, Health. Trump has systematically attacked all with a wrecking ball, and look at the result. We are now watching Covid-19 spiral out of control with no plan from the WH.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Back to the pettiness I see, Obama took credit for killing OBL, but he let the Ambassador to Libya get killed. Racial tensions increased under Obama. Black unemployment was at its lowest point since the stat has been maintained; and the credit doesn't belong to Obama. Again,the one that has used racial slurs has been Biden. Biden has been caught lying.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm

extender wrote:
Back to the pettiness I see, Obama took credit for killing OBL, but he let the Ambassador to Libya get killed. Racial tensions increased under Obama. Black unemployment was at its lowest point since the stat has been maintained; and the credit doesn't belong to Obama. Again,the one that has used racial slurs has been Biden. Biden has been caught lying.



The Ambassodor to Libiya was killed, and there were investigations into why it happened. 7 wasteful investigations that found NOTHING that could be done other than to do better going forward. All at the cost of the wasteful GOP.

Obama gets to claim OBL since Trump did nothing but ride on the coattails of Obama's economy. Looks what happened to that after Trump was done and before Covid. The National Debt was up, Farmers were on welfare, and we still lost the Economy when the big Crisis of Covid hit.


But you want to hang your hat on Racism of Biden vs Trump? Biden has apologized for what he has said in the past. Trump is still pushing racism as a platform plank.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Obama's economy...laughable. There is proof that Biden used racial slurs. None that Trump has.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:35 pm

extender wrote:
Obama's economy...laughable. There is proof that Biden used racial slurs. None that Trump has.


Laughable? If you call recovery from the Great recession laughable, I would love to hear what you call Trump's destruction of the US into double digit unemployment.
Racials slurs are your guideline. So you are all talk then . No action. Racism isn't defined by slurs.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/presiden ... 9c3dfe5566
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Donald Trump continues to stack his base by attacking education.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6273468416


The more uninformed people are, the more supporters he will get .\

It seems the Impeached President has a definition for Radical Left wing. It is intelligence.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23594
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:59 pm

extender wrote:
Obama's economy...laughable. There is proof that Biden used racial slurs. None that Trump has.


Obama began his term with Bush's Great Recession. From there, the economy under Obama gained strength. That rise in the Stock Market and fall of unemployment began under Obama, not under the current administration. I know revisionist history is hard at work here but go back and look at the facts outside the right wing echo chamber.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:11 pm

casinterest wrote:
Laughable? If you call recovery from the Great recession laughable, I would love to hear what you call Trump's destruction of the US into double digit unemployment.


You're going to blame COVID on Trump?

casinterest wrote:
Racials slurs are your guideline. So you are all talk then . No action. Racism isn't defined by slurs.


Plenty of evidence on Biden out there. I asked in another thread for you to post proof, it got looked due to the childish antics. You believe something because you want to believe it not because it is proven through objective evidence.
 
airnorth
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Will Trump win? Personally I hope not, but really what are the options this time around and for that matter the last election?
I am amazed that in a country of 320 million plus people, surely there has to be better options than Trump, Clinton and Biden? It just seems so divisive, and hateful now, hopefully something positive happens in November. Politicians on all sides just can't help but to jam their whole foot in their collective mouths when they speak, they constantly tell lies, flat out blatant lies, and the American people seem to be just fine with that. I will be voting for the first time this year, hopefully my one ballot will tip the scales!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:20 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Laughable? If you call recovery from the Great recession laughable, I would love to hear what you call Trump's destruction of the US into double digit unemployment.


You're going to blame COVID on Trump?

casinterest wrote:
Racials slurs are your guideline. So you are all talk then . No action. Racism isn't defined by slurs.


Plenty of evidence on Biden out there. I asked in another thread for you to post proof, it got looked due to the childish antics. You believe something because you want to believe it not because it is proven through objective evidence.




I blame the Federal Government's lack of response to Covid on Trump. We were heading for a recession anyways just prior to Covid. Now the economy is getting ready for a second bottom thanks to Trump's mismanagement. Are you going to back him up on that too? .

On the racism side,
You are going to ignore that the Barack Obama chose Biden to be his Running mate?

Trump meanwhile has done nothing but push racism to the edge with his attacks.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:31 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Laughable? If you call recovery from the Great recession laughable, I would love to hear what you call Trump's destruction of the US into double digit unemployment.


You're going to blame COVID on Trump?


Not COVID per se but its handling? Very much so.
Other western economies have gone through COVID as well and none of them has seen unemployment rise the way the US has. And there are 2 reasons for that:

One - the fact that Trump decided not to take COVID seriously so a crisis that could already have been well contained by May (just like Germany did, but even Spain and Italy achieved that) is now dragging on into its 4th month.

Two - the fact that Trump's only interest was to help his Wall Street big business cronies, therefore delaying the implementation of the DPA and currently not showing any interest in extending unemployment benefits, worker protection and eviction protection provisions. It's all going to make the crisis even worse, but hey, the DOW is rebounding, that'll surely help the middle class guy laid off amirite?

Just about everything about the dimensions of COVID's monumental economic and human toll in the US is directly attributable to Trump's absolute lack of leadership and abject disdain for advise from actual experts.


extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Racials slurs are your guideline. So you are all talk then . No action. Racism isn't defined by slurs.


Plenty of evidence on Biden out there. I asked in another thread for you to post proof, it got looked due to the childish antics. You believe something because you want to believe it not because it is proven through objective evidence.


I'd bet every dollar I'll ever earn in my life on the fact that Trump has used various racial slurs throughout his life and not unlikely very recently. The fact that there's no video doesn't absolve him of racism.

In fact, the fact that he's throwing such tantrums about taking down confederate flags is about as good as proof for racism as a video of him saying the n-word would be.

And fwiw I'm sure that if such a video surfaced tomorrow your kind would just shrug it off.
Last edited by lugie on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:31 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Laughable? If you call recovery from the Great recession laughable, I would love to hear what you call Trump's destruction of the US into double digit unemployment.


You're going to blame COVID on Trump?

I blame his moronic, short sighted, non-leadership regarding how to address the COVID situation on him. 100%.

Do you blame him for his lack of any leadership on it? Or do you blame everyone else for him not stepping up and actually leading and bringing the nation together to address the situation and resulting problems?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4075
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:39 pm

airnorth wrote:
Will Trump win? Personally I hope not, but really what are the options this time around and for that matter the last election?
I am amazed that in a country of 320 million plus people, surely there has to be better options than Trump, Clinton and Biden? It just seems so divisive, and hateful now, hopefully something positive happens in November. Politicians on all sides just can't help but to jam their whole foot in their collective mouths when they speak, they constantly tell lies, flat out blatant lies, and the American people seem to be just fine with that. I will be voting for the first time this year, hopefully my one ballot will tip the scales!

There were and are better choices than Trump, Clinton and Biden but they all lost in the primaries of 2016 an 2020. The electorate has spoken and they've chosen lesser candidates for whatever reason.
It's a sad commentary of the state of mind of the American public
 
extender
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 pm

casinterest wrote:
On the racism side,
You are going to ignore that the Barack Obama chose Biden to be his Running mate?

No doubt about it. But all these racial tensions were built up under Obama. How Obama has turned back the clock on race relations

casinterest wrote:
Trump meanwhile has done nothing but push racism to the edge with his attacks.


Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:55 pm

extender wrote:
Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.


How about the time he scheduled a campaign rally in Tulsa on the 100-year anniversary of one of America's deadliest race riots there? Or the time he asserted a judge wasn't going to give him a fair hearing because he was from Mexico? Or the time he insisted there were "very good people" on both sides after a rally where a white supremacist murdered someone and crowds were waving torches yelling "Jews will not replace us?"

I mean, sure, there are rationalizations for all of these incidents that don't involve Trump being racist, if you really want to attempt to thread that needle, but all of them involve him being stupendously ignorant and lacking in judgement instead. So sometimes it's best to accept the most parsimonious explanation as the correct one. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and asserts illegal immigrants are rapists like a duck...
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Ahh yeah...
Four More Years of ...
Watching TV ALL day
Blowing up Twitter
Wearing out the golfing greens weekly
Lying in Between taking breaths
Whining How treatment his criminal pals is sooo unfair
Dissing US Allies
Fighting for the Confederate States of America
Threats toward any institution or organization that disagrees with him
Constant BS of him being an expert of everything...

...anyone sold on all that and craving for more, really wants America gone.

He is successfully killing off America's global leadership position and world standing.
Image
https://i.imgflip.com/436i04.jpg

Who in their right mind calls this leadership? I'm all ears....

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
On the racism side,
You are going to ignore that the Barack Obama chose Biden to be his Running mate?

No doubt about it. But all these racial tensions were built up under Obama. How Obama has turned back the clock on race relations

casinterest wrote:
Trump meanwhile has done nothing but push racism to the edge with his attacks.


Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.



Hurt feelings do count. That is most of what racism is about. Hurting others based on items out of their control.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm

lugie wrote:
Other western economies have gone through COVID as well and none of them has seen unemployment rise the way the US has.

The unemployment rate is predominately attributable to jobs being lost as a result of a shutdown. Evidence of a high unemployment rate is not compelling evidence that the Covid crisis was mishandled. If anything it's evidence of the opposite. That said, shutdowns were a function of state governance - which is good evidence that it is myopic to attribute the success (or lack thereof) of the Covid response solely on either the Feds or the states. They both had a role to play. You may disagree with Trump's handling of the crisis, but if you do, you ought to also disagree with Cuomo shoving sick elderly patients into nursing homes.

What matters the most is the death rate and the hospitalization rate. Neither of those are going up in proportion to the overall rise in cases. That will ultimately help Trump.
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 pm

extender wrote:
Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.


How about some facts?

Three words...

Central Park Five

...you can't get any more racist than that. Only a George Floyd like public lynching/murder 'trumps' the CP5 ordeal.

And I can list much more...but this should keep you very busy researching it (you won't because you don't care) since Fox News won't talk about this BUT if Obama, Hillary, Biden or ANY Dem had done that to 5 white kids loyalist like yourself would Benghazi that X 1 million ..maybe more.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
What matters the most is the death rate and the hospitalization rate. Neither of those are going up in proportion to the overall rise in cases. That will ultimately help Trump.

True, but that is a following factor. So we'll know in about two weeks (well a week now).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
airnorth
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 pm

All of the great and powerful civilizations in history have eventually failed, and for several years now I have wondered when that will happen in the USA, and what will be the cause of it. I really never thought that it was going be happening anytime soon, but now wonder if we are watching the beginnings of this?
Internally there is so much hate, mistrust, lying, misinformation, and divisiveness primarily really just for political, and probably some religious motivations. I think that would take years to recoup, if it all stopped today, which it clearly isnt, so we have yet to bottom out in that regard, which I think is scary AF. Next, we speak out of two sides of our mouth when it comes to China. We are supposed to sort of still be in a cold war with them, yet every American company is happy to have their products manufactured there, Mr. Trump included. So we not only loose jobs, technology and of course literally boat loads of cash to them, we happily do this every day with our purchasing. Though we say we don't support them, we still MUST have our new i-phone, and our new kitchen appliances, and our new computer, and our new everything, ( all made in China of course) its the way we are programmed these days, and hopefully the best case scenario is, is when we use a credit card for these purchases.
Bottom line the way I see it is, unless there are massive wholesale changes soon, I think we are watching and witnessing a once great civilization fail right before our eyes.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 pm

BN747 wrote:
extender wrote:
Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.


How about some facts?


Here's some more, a solid 20 minute read full of examples of Trump's racism

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ts/588067/
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13364
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Uh oh Trump had to cancel his Rally in New Hampshire for something with more hot air and wind than he has. Tropical Storm Fay.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... e-n1233387

But on Friday afternoon, the campaign scrapped the event entirely out of “safety reasons” due to Tropical Storm Fay, which is set to drench the Northeast this weekend. Models do not show it directly hitting Portsmouth, but attendees were expected from the entire region so it is being rescheduled out of caution, a spokesman said. The campaign said a new date would be announced "soon


I bet their numbers were looking worse than Tulsa when they canceled.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 pm

lugie wrote:
BN747 wrote:
extender wrote:
Hurt feelings don't count, repeating Trump is racist doesn't make it so. You have no proof to offer.


How about some facts?


Here's some more, a solid 20 minute read full of examples of Trump's racism

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ts/588067/


Yep...but I don't there's a chance any sane reasonable reply to that is forthcoming...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, c933103 and 137 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos