Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

QF7

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:54 pm

I’m no professional forecaster but I think Biden has a 55-60% chance of winning. It will be a landslide in the popular vote but probably much closer in the Electoral College.

Having said that I don’t really get the Dem’s strategy. Emphasizing that Joe is nicer, more empathetic, more trustworthy, etc., is nice but people already know that and does that change minds?

What they ought to be hammering home is that DT and the Reps are actively suing in court to undo the ACA which would destroy protections for pre-existing conditions. And despite puffy promises the Reps have absolutely no plan to replace it.

They ought to be much more relentless in pointing out that only Brazil has done a worse job than the U.S. in combatting Covid-19.

They ought to be spotlighting that the Iranians are happily pursuing their nuclear ambitions because DT walked away from the treaty they were abiding by.

In short they need to be going for the jugular that DT has willingly offered up to them but so far at least I don’t see it happening.

I’m mystified as to why..

sierrakilo44

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:21 am

QF7 wrote:
In short they need to be going for the jugular that DT has willingly offered up to them but so far at least I don’t see it happening.

Because the US Democratic Party is fairly inept at campaigning. Whilst the Republicans may be more loony in government, the Democrats generally do a fairly poor job at reading the electorate. Their 2016 should be evidence of that. Biden is fairly uninspiring, and isn’t offering much in the way of solid policy. They think that because most of the media and Twitter hate Trump then a majority of people who will cast a ballot in an election do too.

Remember 2016? Trump was lambasted for making racist comments about Mexicans but to the disaffected white working class they perceived that outsourcing had an effect on their jobs. What did they get by electing Hillary? “4 years of the same neoliberalism and Yay, First Female President!” Wow that worked.....

2020. It’s different because Trump has made a right royal mess of it all but the Dems again fail to hit the right notes. The DNC was a failure. 4 days of watching GOP war criminals and types like Kasich who want to send women back to the dark ages with his Abortion laws speak and establishment Democrats trying to appeal to moderate Republicans, whilst the future of the party and the progressives were kept off stage. Almost no attempt to excite any young Dem voter to get out and vote for Biden. It was more about getting over 65’s to vote Biden, which I don’t think they’ll be successful with.

The RNC? 4 days of ludicrousness but it’s ludicrousness that appeals to the Republicans voting base. There was very little in the DNC to appeal to the Dem voting base. No major policy announcement, no reason to vote for Biden just “Trump has bad personal traits (but not too much on his bad policy which at its essence we agree with).”

With the debates coming up regardless of how they go it’ll be spun by Trump supporters as a win for Trump and an embarrassment for Biden. I’d even say the articles and YouTube videos making fun of Biden have already been produced. I doubt Biden can gain much traction out of them.

The key factor will be Covid, but that may affect Democrats. As they are taking it seriously they’ll stay away from polling places. Republicans don’t care, it’s all a hoax to them anyway. While you may say that Dems can just use postal voting by them avoiding in person balloting that takes away the traditional major method of voting. I don’t know if enough will bother to make the effort for postal votes if they are used to in person voting.

I’m starting to agree with Michael Moore, I’m now thinking that this is going to be far closer than the polls suggest.

The fact Wisconsin has broken out into chaos could be another factor that will have to be accounted for. If threats of violence cause mostly inner city voting places to be shut down or have their numbers limited it could just save enough EC votes for Trump to get over the line. He keeps Wisconsin and manages to squeak out a win in Florida (which always votes more Republican than the polls suggest) and it doesn’t matter if he loses Pennsylvania and Michigan. He’s re-elected and the US Democratic Party becomes the laughingstock of the world.

Newark727

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:35 am

The myth that "both sides are pretty much the same" needs to die. The only ones who benefit from it are the Republicans - and they clearly don't believe it either.

RyanairGuru

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:18 am

QF7 wrote:
I’m no professional forecaster but I think Biden has a 55-60% chance of winning. It will be a landslide in the popular vote but probably much closer in the Electoral College.

I agree entirely with this.

QF7 wrote:

Having said that I don’t really get the Dem’s strategy. Emphasizing that Joe is nicer, more empathetic, more trustworthy, etc., is nice but people already know that and does that change minds?

Agreed again. I'm not sure who they are trying to appeal to with this strategy. It's Intended to appeal to everyone who is not in Trump's core base, but is actually just making Biden appear weaker and more divided IMHO. By not announcing any real policy you have both the progressives worried about Biden the DINO, while simultaneously allowing the Republicans to say that he is hiding that he is beholden to the progressive base, something which could put off swathes of the independents and moderate Republicans he is trying to target. Instead of trying to be friends with everyone, I think he needs to give a clear direction of the approach he intends to take in office. I really believe it would increase his chances of winning if he did, even if it puts some people off.

zakuivcustom

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:37 am

QF7 wrote:

They are still sticking to "I am not Trump" strategy. Except the Dems are promoting policies that pleased nobody as their whole policy is "play safe and offend nobody".

To me, what really are dooming Dems right now is that the like of BLM/Antifa is taking the headline ahead of the virus. And continuous pandering to one single group that only consist of 13% of US's population, unfortunately, is not going to win you an election, especially when that said group doesn't need more pandering. Dems can only wish something else around Sep/Oct will take over the headline.

Kno

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:55 am

QF7 wrote:

What they ought to be hammering home is that DT and the Reps are actively suing in court to undo the ACA which would destroy protections for pre-existing conditions. And despite puffy promises the Reps have absolutely no plan to replace it.

They ought to be much more relentless in pointing out that only Brazil has done a worse job than the U.S. in combatting Covid-19.

They ought to be spotlighting that the Iranians are happily pursuing their nuclear ambitions because DT walked away from the treaty they were abiding by.

I agree whole heartedly with everything you said.

I’ll add to this by saying, I think very very few people actually like Joe Biden, and the only reason he stands a good chance of winning is because of how horrifically awful Donald Trump is, not just as a leader, but as human being.

Newark727

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:29 am

As someone who's relatively young and at least mostly progressive, it's hard not to feel a bit crestfallen at how Biden has played things out so far, but I wouldn't consider it illogical. Trump's margins of victory in 2016 were often pretty thin - he doesn't need that many of them to defect or not show up, and trying to mobilize a whole wave of new young voters, an unreliable strategy in the first place, wasn't going to play to Biden's strengths anyhow.

Will it work, though? I've got no effin' idea.

EA CO AS

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:20 am

Start watching the polls, and look only at "likely voter" ones - all others don't matter.

Right now, if you're Trump, you're elated that you're doing well with the 18-34 demo, making solid headway with minorities, and are actually up among independents.

If you're Biden, you're elated that you're up 11 points on Trump in the plus-65 demo, a group Trump won by ten points in 2016. That's not insignificant. At all.

Can Trump's momentum keep going? Can Biden hold the senior vote or expand on it? And will people see Kenosha as "Main Street, USA" and decide that the BLM/Antifa groups have gone too far for their taste and rally back to the "law and order" stuff Trump is serving up?

I think this is Biden's election to lose, frankly. We'll see how it all plays out, but right now both men have chances to eff it up on either side.

A101

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:22 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Start watching the polls, and look only at "likely voter" ones - all others don't matter.

Right now, if you're Trump, you're elated that you're doing well with the 18-34 demo, making solid headway with minorities, and are actually up among independents.

If you're Biden, you're elated that you're up 11 points on Trump in the plus-65 demo, a group Trump won by ten points in 2016. That's not insignificant. At all.

Can Trump's momentum keep going? Can Biden hold the senior vote or expand on it? And will people see Kenosha as "Main Street, USA" and decide that the BLM/Antifa groups have gone too far for their taste and rally back to the "law and order" stuff Trump is serving up?

I think this is Biden's election to lose, frankly. We'll see how it all plays out, but right now both men have chances to eff it up on either side.

As distasteful as it sounds I agree it’s Biden’s to lose, but I think Trump will scrape in

Brianpr3

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:32 am

I hope not, if he dopey gets reelected this country will see turmoil like it has never seen , also the payroll tax cut threatening to permanently terminate and end ss in maybe 3 years
I also have a random thought certain parta of nixons convention 68 speech are mirroring reality today
When the richest nation in the world can't manage its own economy; (covid and biggest gdp drop ever since they obsess about that)

When the nation with the greatest tradition of the rule of law is plagued by unprecedented lawlessness; (ironically by himself)

When a nation that has been known for a century for equality of opportunity is torn by unprecedented racial violence; (well whats going on now)

And when the President of the United States cannot travel abroad or to any major city at home without fear of a hostile demonstration -- then it's time for new leadership for the United States of America.(lying about the bunker incident )

ltbewr

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:29 pm

The 2020 Presidential election is building up to be the most racially inflamed one since 1968 and presents a chance for Trump to be re-elected. I was a teenager then so I do have personal recall of it. Trump and Republicans are going to play as Nixon and Republicans then, very ironically, the racially loaded 'Law and Order' card. In 1968, The goal to win is to get the overwhelming amount of White voters. Sadly, the 'riots' in several cities, the BLM movement and anti-police protests, the protests at sports events, too many controversial conflicts of police and Black persons all have made it easier for Trump and Republicans to get the White vote. Trump is visiting Kenosha Tuesday to meet with police leaders and local White Republican politicians, to see and stand in front of destroyed and looted stores to continue to push his Law and Order themes. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp
Add to this mix, the inability of normal 'in person campaigning, Democrats having to take the side of Black voters, getting whacked by charges of being anti-White, anti-Police, that they support 'defunding' of police, 'taking away your guns', and force suburbs to have racial and economic quotas for 'affordable' housing, and you have a chance of Trump winning. Yes he should lose for his obscene mismanagement of the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA alone, but many will ignore that if it means they keep their White Privilege, that Trump will challenge local and state Democrats that are destroying their businesses, made 10's of millions jobless, inability to lead 'normal' lives due to hard, but needed, acts to deal with it from a valid public health perspective. Then there is the likelihood of voter manipulation by limiting vote by mail, the delays and likely problems in counting the votes, a President and party that will be very aggressive.and Democrats who put too much trust in the system. The so-called debates could be a real disaster for both Biden and Trump, but more likely on Biden as has to take a defensive position. There is also the fear of an 'October Surprise' as in 2016 of some scandal hurting the Democrats.
One thing I am concerned about is turnout. Like in 2016, will many be turned off by both candidates they won't vote at all ? I just hope and prey that Trump loses and Democrats keep the house, take control of the Senate and start to heal this Nation.

BN747

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm

The Post Office FUBAR will have a huge and very negative impact to ensure his collapse at the polls.

Millions have now seen how is transactional mentality can every interrupt and damage (and how he will gamble) their daily lives as leverage...and this to the whispers of coming for Social Security, etc..

..that demographic likes 'certainty' of those bedrocks above all.

They will not take a four year gamble of the nature - period.

BN747

Thunderboltdrgn

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Trump will make sure he wins by using any means possibly and with a little help from his friends.

Another article which outlines on how the justice department interfered with the investigation of trump.

Justice Dept. Never Fully Examined Trump’s Ties to Russia, Ex-Officials Say

The former deputy attorney general maneuvered to keep investigators from completing an inquiry into whether the president’s personal and financial links to Russia posed a national security threat.

The special counsel who finished the investigation, Robert S. Mueller III, secured three dozen indictments and convictions of some top Trump advisers,
and he produced a report that outlined Russia’s wide-ranging operations to help get Mr. Trump elected and the president’s efforts to impede the inquiry.

But law enforcement officials never fully investigated Mr. Trump’s own relationship with Russia, even though some career F.B.I. counterintelligence
investigators thought his ties posed such a national security threat that they took the extraordinary step of opening an inquiry into them. Within days,
the former deputy attorney general Rod J. Rosenstein curtailed the investigation without telling the bureau, all but ensuring it would go nowhere

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/p ... tment.html

For sake of the USA I hope that Biden wins the election and that the FBI, CIA, NSA (and all other fancy letter combination authorities) does a very thorough
investigation and brings every little helper of Trumps crimes to court with hopefully convicting sentences. Like Rosenstein here and his tampering with an ongoing
investigation/Spoliation of evidence.

seb146

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:27 pm

"Why isn't Biden doing X to press the issue that current leadership is incompetent?" Well, it is still a ways out from the election. Biden will find a way closer to Election Day to hammer home the point not just "do not vote for him" but also "here is what we want to do to make America less violent" and "here is how we strengthen the economy" and so forth.

We as a nation are exhausted. A majority of us know the current occupant has failed and is not worthy of reelection. But we are exhausted. The constant barrage of "here is another report on the incompetence of the current occupant" and "here is more reporting on how terrible MAGA is" and so on and so on and so on.

We are exhausted. If Biden starts too soon with how incompetent MAGA is we will just tune it out.

Kiwirob

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Newark727 wrote:
As someone who's relatively young and at least mostly progressive, it's hard not to feel a bit crestfallen at how Biden has played things out so far, but I wouldn't consider it illogical. Trump's margins of victory in 2016 were often pretty thin - he doesn't need that many of them to defect or not show up, and trying to mobilize a whole wave of new young voters, an unreliable strategy in the first place, wasn't going to play to Biden's strengths anyhow.

Is either candidate appealing to younger voters? It’s either Trump or the guy that says he isn’t Trump and has not other platform. 4 more years of either man is going to sink the US further into the poop. I actually feel sorry for you that these two horrible old men are the best that you have.

Brianpr3

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:34 pm

I also dont like how he acts like that he is the state and that if you disobey him it is treason

BN747

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

Is either candidate appealing to younger voters? It’s either Trump or the guy that says he isn’t Trump and has not other platform. 4 more years of either man is going to sink the US further into the poop. I actually feel sorry for you that these two horrible old men are the best that you have.

That 'they're the same' falsity only applies to those who aren't bothered by a 76year old man constantly offended by anyone on Twitter and who responds in kind like a 14 yo girl.

Whereas the other guy has no interest in playing petulant games. He takes the job seriously..the other? Only when he was to play 'president'.

One creates daily acts of outrage, the other will be handling the nation's business.

One will have none of that 'States, you're on your own'...the other unlimited moments of desertion.

One has a cadre full of convicts hanging about...the Law and Order dude.

One has no hidden tax returns, the other...never intended to release his and will spend the next 4 years hiding them as he's done the last 4 years.

It's an easy choice when little thought is applied.

BN747

MaverickM11

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:30 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

Young voters prefer Biden by like 50 pts

Kent350787

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:40 am

HAs anyone else noticed that Trump's red cap has switch from MAGA to USA?

EA CO AS

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:16 pm

Kent350787 wrote:

He only wears the MAGA one for campaign events; the USA one is worn elsewhere, like when he was with FEMA and inspecting damage following Hurricane Laura.

BN747

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:30 pm

Kent350787 wrote:

Just wished more people would notice his penchant for 'distraction' and dishonesty more than his head gear...speaking of which, he should probably be walking around with a child's safety helmet.

BN747

Kent350787

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:45 pm

BN747 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Just wished more people would notice his penchant for 'distraction' and dishonesty more than his head gear...speaking of which, he should probably be walking around with a child's safety helmet.

BN747

Unfortunately, he's now got away with his lies and incompetence for his whole term. Even being an impeached President seems to have had little or no impact.

I fear for the US as a democracy, and the impact of the US as a potential failed state will have on global security.

BN747

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:12 am

Kent350787 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

BN747

Unfortunately, he's now got away with his lies and incompetence for his whole term. Even being an impeached President seems to have had little or no impact.

I fear for the US as a democracy, and the impact of the US as a potential failed state will have on global security.

Your fear is living on Life Support.

Because if the US hands it's essence over to this brainless reckless low IQ fool, America as we knew it is finished...there will be no coming back from another four years of deceit, Goebbels-level lies, the complete and forever division of America.

None.

BN747

LCDFlight

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:25 am

Newark727 wrote:
The myth that "both sides are pretty much the same" needs to die. The only ones who benefit from it are the Republicans - and they clearly don't believe it either.

I would say two different mafias are angling for power.

In the last two campaigns, Democrats have run Clinton and Biden, who both voted together to invade Iraq in 2002! It's unfathomable that such people could be put forward.

And Trump is unfathomable too. But at least he occasionally reads the electorate.

Trump has far, far less of a power base. The mafia that supports him is very small and weak compared to the mafia that supports Biden. Most of the powerful institutions and people in the world don't like Trump. This shows how incredibly inept the Democrats were in 2016.

I agree Biden has a 55-60% chance of election. Voting for him is honestly scary. If he wins, who will be in control of the US? People like Kamala Harris?

Will the Squad be in charge? Joe Biden is in no condition to manage a Wendy's.

So voting for his alliance, a giant panoply of who-knows-what, is fraught with risk.

And Trump is no peach either.

Aaron747

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:45 am

LCDFlight wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

I would say two different mafias are angling for power.

In the last two campaigns, Democrats have run Clinton and Biden, who both voted together to invade Iraq in 2002! It's unfathomable that such people could be put forward.

And Trump is unfathomable too. But at least he occasionally reads the electorate.

Trump has far, far less of a power base. The mafia that supports him is very small and weak compared to the mafia that supports Biden. Most of the powerful institutions and people in the world don't like Trump. This shows how incredibly inept the Democrats were in 2016.

I agree Biden has a 55-60% chance of election. Voting for him is honestly scary. If he wins, who will be in control of the US? People like Kamala Harris?

Will the Squad be in charge? Joe Biden is in no condition to manage a Wendy's.

So voting for his alliance, a giant panoply of who-knows-what, is fraught with risk.

And Trump is no peach either.

The Squad...really? Do you know how small their bloc is?

Much more concerned about the 45 DOJ hiding shit from the FBI, Saudi arms sales going through despite being blocked by Congress, and Saudi criminals being repatriated before US trials without any fuss from 45 WH. And that’s well before the T.O’s financial entanglements with Russian state banks.

Kent350787

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 am

LCDFlight wrote:
[I agree Biden has a 55-60% chance of election. Voting for him is honestly scary. If he wins, who will be in control of the US? People like Kamala Harris? .

Do you realise how certifiably insane that statement sounds to anyone but an overt Trump supporter.

Trump has led the US into crisis and disruption, and is yet to communicate let alone implement any plan to lead it out the other side. Trump supporters fear the nebulous "socialists", yet are blind to the storm that Trump has unleashed on their country.

It's not powerful people that hate Trump (recognising that he himself is supposedly a powerful (alleged) billionaire), it's any logical person who can see the past and looks towards the future.

I have US family and visited multiple times, but I also find it overall unfathomable.

LCDFlight

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:17 am

Kent350787 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
[I agree Biden has a 55-60% chance of election. Voting for him is honestly scary. If he wins, who will be in control of the US? People like Kamala Harris? .

Do you realise how certifiably insane that statement sounds to anyone but an overt Trump supporter.

Trump has led the US into crisis and disruption, and is yet to communicate let alone implement any plan to lead it out the other side. Trump supporters fear the nebulous "socialists", yet are blind to the storm that Trump has unleashed on their country.

It's not powerful people that hate Trump (recognising that he himself is supposedly a powerful (alleged) billionaire), it's any logical person who can see the past and looks towards the future.

I have US family and visited multiple times, but I also find it overall unfathomable.

Oh I agree. But keep looking. Trump didn't mass-murder people in Iraq. Biden did. Next, Trump did not dismantle the US's economic system. Companies hired very well until the COVID panic. The Democrats say that Western countries are a "broken economic system" and are now talking about Neo-Marxism to replace our system. Full paid health care, tuition, food, paid housing, guaranteed income. On the agenda also is emptying the jails, and disbanding police.

I know that this sounds like farce. Believe me, I agree that is "sounds" like it is farce. But please listen, because these people are running for US president and I think they might be serious.

Kiwirob

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 am

seb146 wrote:
"Why isn't Biden doing X to press the issue that current leadership is incompetent?" Well, it is still a ways out from the election. Biden will find a way closer to Election Day to hammer home the point not just "do not vote for him" but also "here is what we want to do to make America less violent" and "here is how we strengthen the economy" and so forth.

We as a nation are exhausted. A majority of us know the current occupant has failed and is not worthy of reelection. But we are exhausted. The constant barrage of "here is another report on the incompetence of the current occupant" and "here is more reporting on how terrible MAGA is" and so on and so on and so on.

We are exhausted. If Biden starts too soon with how incompetent MAGA is we will just tune it out.

From watching Biden so far I don't think he has a hammer.

tommy1808

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:31 am

LCDFlight wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:

Oh I agree. But keep looking. Trump didn't mass-murder people in Iraq.

No, he just decided that 60k dead Americans if measures stay roughly stay in place aren´t enough, and pushed for re-opening and ignoring the virus, adding ~200k dead Americans on top till election day. I htink you have to go all the way back to WWII to find a president that got more US citizens killed. And back then there wasn´t really much of a choice. This time there was.

Trump did not dismantle the US's economic system. Companies hired very well until the COVID panic. .

They still hired fewer new people in any year of the Trump presidency than in the three years before that to the tune of over a million fewer jobs: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/06/econ ... index.html

And look at the increase in national debt that came along with it during a boom.

The US economy also started cooling long before Corona was a thing: https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/77448543 ... mps-target

And all that extra money didn´t even buy especially good numbers in the first place:

best regards
Thomas

Kent350787

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:36 am

LCDFlight wrote:
The Democrats say that Western countries are a "broken economic system" and are now talking about Neo-Marxism to replace our system. Full paid health care, tuition, food, paid housing, guaranteed income. On the agenda also is emptying the jails, and disbanding police..

Even if those things were Biden's platform (which they aren't in the form you describe), most of the rest of the Western world would say "so", having had various forms of all of those over time, with universal health care being the main one still in place.

Many in the US aren't aware of its exceptionalism.

As for the blaming the Iraq war on Biden, I wasn't aware that he was President at that stage? Although I cannot forgive the role he played (I was out out he streets protesting my own government's support for that stupidity), it can't alone disqualify him against his awful, unqualified opponent.

tommy1808

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:41 am

Kent350787 wrote:
As for the blaming the Iraq war on Biden, I wasn't aware that he was President at that stage? Although I cannot forgive the role he played (I was out out he streets protesting my own government's support for that stupidity), it can't alone disqualify him against his awful, unqualified opponent.

plus the tiny detail that the only reason the United States isn´t currently at war with Iran is that Iran didn´t play.

best regards
Thomas

Veigar

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:10 am

After what happened in 2016 I am not going to say anything until the actual election happens. Doesn't really matter who wins anyways to me.

seb146

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:33 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:

Oh I agree. But keep looking. Trump didn't mass-murder people in Iraq. Biden did. Next, Trump did not dismantle the US's economic system. Companies hired very well until the COVID panic. The Democrats say that Western countries are a "broken economic system" and are now talking about Neo-Marxism to replace our system. Full paid health care, tuition, food, paid housing, guaranteed income. On the agenda also is emptying the jails, and disbanding police.

I know that this sounds like farce. Believe me, I agree that is "sounds" like it is farce. But please listen, because these people are running for US president and I think they might be serious.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/politics ... index.html

Biden told everyone there were no WMDs and Saddam had no nukes. The biggest reason Biden voted for the invasion is Saddam broke laws. And Biden manned up two years after the vote and said it was a mistake. I would rather have a leader who knows they made a mistake and own it than someone who doubles down on lies and violence.

bgm

Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Can anyone really stomach 4 more years of this?

Newark727

Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:57 pm

bgm wrote:

Christ, I hope not.

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:32 pm

In my opinion I think he Trump wins again, and I don’t think it’s going to be close. I think Trump keeps every state he won in 2016 and picks up NH, MN, and NV as well.

I hope this makes sense but I kind of look at this election from a history point of view as well as a “what else could cause chaos this year in 2020” perspective, and to me it points to a trump win. Also the silent majority are more loud this time which should worry Democrat’s and another thing to look at is the RNC conventions has 25 million more people watching than the DNC convention.

And it also helps that Pelosi is out campaigning for Trump now, lol.

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 pm

bgm wrote:

I can! I’m all for Trump. He’s been a great president and the reasons I voted for him he has followed through on his promises and policies he campaigned on in 2016.

TRUMP 2020

BN747

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:39 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
bgm wrote:

I can! I’m all for Trump. He’s been a great president and the reasons I voted for him he has followed through on his promises and policies he campaigned on in 2016.

TRUMP 2020

Correction:trump/Putin 2020!

Some Americans huge fans of an American president being the laptop for Russia.

A Vote for trump is a vote for Putin.

BN747

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 pm

BN747 wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
bgm wrote:

TRUMP 2020

BN747

Not for me. TRUMP 2020

GOD BLESS AMERICA

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03 pm

BN747 wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
bgm wrote:

TRUMP 2020

BN747

Still peddling that tripe?

petertenthije

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:04 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Not for me. TRUMP 2020

GOD BLESS AMERICA

For you as well. Trump and Putin are a package deal.

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:06 pm

petertenthije wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Not for me. TRUMP 2020

GOD BLESS AMERICA

You could also argue that Biden and Socialism/Marxism is an accurate package deal.

TRUMP 2020

Tugger

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Remember people the goal is to rile up Dem's and call out conservatives and be divisive! Taste liberal tears, magnify Republican fears!

Divided we fall!
ALL OR NOTHING 2020

Tugg

Tugger

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:32 pm

I do find it funny how Trump is making statements claiming "what Biden will do to America" and using events that are actually happening right now during Trump's own tenure.

Tugg

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 pm

Tugger wrote:
I do find it funny how Trump is making statements claiming "what Biden will do to America" and using events that are actually happening right now during Trump's own tenure.

Tugg

Which events are you referring to? Please give examples. Thanks.

airnorth

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Sad to see that America, which was once a pretty amazing country, is starting the slow, but rapidly accelerating trip to self destruction. The amount of political hatred between the Democrats and Republicans is almost impossible to grasp. It is fascinating, in a kind or perverse way, to watch as Trump spews lies, drive verbal wedges between people, fan the flames of racism, spread conspiracy theories every day, all the while wrapped in the flag, and holding a bible, yet, not one Republican actually has the balls to call him on it. To quote Trump...."Sad.".
I do agree with comments above about his not so silent VP on the ticket, Putin, I mean its a three person ticket, with Putin calling the shots, Trump as the mouthpiece, and Pence.....what the heck does that guy do again?
Trump spoke of draining the swamp, we all thought that was going to happen right away, what he failed to mention is that he is first going to first fill the swamp with his own corrupt and criminal associates. Then the swamp will overflow, and we now are witness to this with his appointed employees, business colleagues, former lawyers, spokespersons etc., ending up indicted, and in jail. He just missed telling us that the first critical step was, he had to fill it first, well, we are all witnessing it roll out, its a complicated swamp draining folks!!

Imagine another 4 years of Trump, I really feel sorry for the people in America. I hope he fails miserably in November.

MaverickM11

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:

Not for me. TRUMP 2020

GOD BLESS AMERICA

You could also argue that Biden and Socialism/Marxism is an accurate package deal.

TRUMP 2020

You could also argue that the moon is made of cheese, but you'd be a moron.

BN747

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:16 pm

airnorth wrote:
Sad to see that America, which was once a pretty amazing country, is starting the slow, but rapidly accelerating trip to self destruction. The amount of political hatred between the Democrats and Republicans is almost impossible to grasp. It is fascinating, in a kind or perverse way, to watch as Trump spews lies, drive verbal wedges between people, fan the flames of racism, spread conspiracy theories every day, all the while wrapped in the flag, and holding a bible, yet, not one Republican actually has the balls to call him on it. To quote Trump...."Sad.".
I do agree with comments above about his not so silent VP on the ticket, Putin, I mean its a three person ticket, with Putin calling the shots, Trump as the mouthpiece, and Pence.....what the heck does that guy do again?
Trump spoke of draining the swamp, we all thought that was going to happen right away, what he failed to mention is that he is first going to first fill the swamp with his own corrupt and criminal associates. Then the swamp will overflow, and we now are witness to this with his appointed employees, business colleagues, former lawyers, spokespersons etc., ending up indicted, and in jail. He just missed telling us that the first critical step was, he had to fill it first, well, we are all witnessing it roll out, its a complicated swamp draining folks!!

Imagine another 4 years of Trump, I really feel sorry for the people in America. I hope he fails miserably in November.

Oh he will...he's only employing desperate actions (as any criminal would) to avoid going to jail as his co-conspirtor, Michael Cohen.

MOST American's are sick of this baby-man and are not down for four years of 'they don't like me' idiocy.

Only the horribly poorly informed and Russian bots are cheering him on.
BN747

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:59 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
petertenthije wrote:

TRUMP 2020

You could also argue that the moon is made of cheese, but you'd be a moron.

This. Perfect example of how out of touch liberals and the left still are when it comes to what matters most to conservatives and red voter people in the swing states the really decide who’s president. This type of ignorance is why Trump will win again this year.

TRUMP 2020

Tugger

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:26 am

Honestly, due his ineptness (in speaking and in leading with real forethought as to what ramification an action may create) and terrible ability to actually bring a broad range of differing ideas and people together, I do not see Trump being able to maintain the level of "edge support" that he had in 2016. I see him failing in this and likely to lose the coming election. As others have said it is Biden's to lose. We will have a better idea from the coming debates. Oddly Trump has made the bar the Biden must crest very low. Biden needs to be coherent, respond appropriately, and not screw up badly. Basically has to appear merely competent. If that happens Trump has a large up hill battle. It will be interesting as Trump will inevitably be at his Trumpiest with nicknames and questionable "statements of fact" about Biden etc.

Tugg