Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zakuivcustom

Re: Will Donald Trump get a second term?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:42 am

tommy1808 wrote:
He did not shut down flights with China, and what he did wasn´t effective.

South Korea usually has twice the PRC travel than the US, Taiwan has about the same. Look how well they handled Corona. Travel bans seem to be irrelevant.

Taiwan is one of the first country to stop travel to/from mainland actually.

South Korea actually had a large outbreak thanks precisely to that cult church travel back from Wuhan. For awhile they were overwhelmed also. But yes, extremely strict restriction and heavy testing turn the battle around eventually.

Ultimately, Trump start off good when it comes to Wuhan Virus response, only for him to go back to denial mode and when things go south in US, he spent more time battling medical experts than coming with a response. As South Korea shown, you can mess up early on but measures can be taken to turn the battle around. In US? The virus is still around while people act like the outbreak is fully over.

tommy1808 wrote:
JayinKitsap wrote:
China - Trump is the first president to really take China to task.

yeah.. he took China "to task" by increasing taxes on Americans, and giving exceptions out like candy. And aside of taxing Americans going all "Yes, Master Xi, of course Master Xi" about anything else China did.

I will give Trump credit for being able to expose China for what they are and bring the issue to the center of US international politics. But quite frankly, he has yet to really win anything against Xi. The next few months could be interesting, but unless Trump can really take China "to task", he is no better or worse than previous president who only talk but never take any actions.

northstardc4m wrote:
The only one of them Biden is under 60% with Latinos is Florida... At 53% vs Trump at 35%

And that's only bc of the Cubans who tend to vote Republican. They have no reason to not vote for Trump, either (i.e. Trump didn't go around and lick the behind of Castro like what he did to Putin and fatty Kim)

zakuivcustom

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:44 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

South Korea usually has twice the PRC travel than the US, Taiwan has about the same. Look how well they handled Corona. Travel bans seem to be irrelevant.

South Korea actually had a large outbreak thanks precisely to that cult church travel back from Wuhan. For awhile they were overwhelmed also. But yes, extremely strict restriction and heavy testing turn the battle around eventually.

Ultimately, Trump start off good when it comes to Wuhan Virus response, only for him to go back to denial mode and when things go south in US, he spent more time battling medical experts than coming with a response. As South Korea shown, you can mess up early on but measures can be taken to turn the battle around. In US? The virus is still around while people act like the outbreak is fully over.

tommy1808 wrote:
JayinKitsap wrote:

yeah.. he took China "to task" by increasing taxes on Americans, and giving exceptions out like candy. And aside of taxing Americans going all "Yes, Master Xi, of course Master Xi" about anything else China did.

I will give Trump credit for being able to expose China for what they are and bring the issue to the center of US international politics (compare to Middle East, which US seriously should stay out of but can't thanks to Israel).

But quite frankly, Trump has yet to really win anything against Xi. The next few months could be interesting, but unless Trump can really take China "to task", he is no better or worse than previous president who only talk but never take any actions. Hack, all these threats of sanctions that went where? Nowhere that is!

northstardc4m wrote:
The only one of them Biden is under 60% with Latinos is Florida... At 53% vs Trump at 35%

And that's only bc of the Cubans who tend to vote Republican. They have no reason to not vote for Trump, either (i.e. Trump didn't go around and lick the behind of Castro like what he did to Putin and fatty Kim)

tommy1808

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

yeah.... aside of no, they didn´t. Unless i missed that you could always fly ROC-PRC and visa versa. Quarantine was implemented, and no new Visa issued, but Trump was even to dumb to arrange for incoming travelers to be quarantined, or even process them effectively. I would be utterly not surprised if those hour long crowded waiting lines at US airports are actually responsible for a good deal of outbreak.

Ultimately, Trump start off good when it comes to Wuhan Virus response, only for him to go back to denial mode and when things go south in US,

He never was not in denial mode, and did effectively nothing.

tommy1808 wrote:
JayinKitsap wrote:

I will give Trump credit for being able to expose China for what they are and bring the issue to the center of US international politics. But quite frankly, he has yet to really win anything against Xi. The next few months could be interesting, but unless Trump can really take China "to task", he is no better or worse than previous president who only talk but never take any actions.

Have you heard... he didn´t do any of it. As we know he only set China up to give him a win for his election chances.

Remember when he told the Mexican president something along the lines of just say you pay for the wall, doesn´t matter if you do.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

casinterest

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Will the Trump COVID-19 Rally in Tulsa hurt him or help him? It seems he is spending a good part of this morning creating agitation between protesters and attendees.
The city of Tulsa has already implemented a curfew and pushed the Trump supporters off of their camp outs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/19/trump-t ... rally.html

The Trump campaign said attendees will receive temperature checks, masks and hand sanitizer before entering the BOK Center arena in Tulsa, which holds more than 19,000 people.

And yet they are expecting over 100,000 in the streets of Tulsa,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 221319001/
Where ever you go, there you are.

Dieuwer

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:03 pm

Oklahoma already has R0 > 1. Trump rally really will make it YUUUGE.

https://rt.live/
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

zakuivcustom

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:22 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
He never was not in denial mode, and did effectively nothing.

True...plus if this didn't start in China but somewhere else, Trump would even do less.

tommy1808 wrote:
yeah.... aside of no, they didn´t. Unless i missed that you could always fly ROC-PRC and visa versa. Quarantine was implemented, and no new Visa issued, but Trump was even to dumb to arrange for incoming travelers to be quarantined, or even process them effectively. I would be utterly not surprised if those hour long crowded waiting lines at US airports are actually responsible for a good deal of outbreak.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html

ROC Nationals, yes, they can enter Taiwan with a quarantine. PRC, no.

It is all the way in the bottom.

Either way, Trump's response to Wuhan Virus is always a joke, and only led to chaos as there is no centralize leadership whatsoever.

casinterest wrote:
Will the Trump COVID-19 Rally in Tulsa hurt him or help him? It seems he is spending a good part of this morning creating agitation between protesters and attendees.
The city of Tulsa has already implemented a curfew and pushed the Trump supporters off of their camp outs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/19/trump-t ... rally.html

The Trump campaign said attendees will receive temperature checks, masks and hand sanitizer before entering the BOK Center arena in Tulsa, which holds more than 19,000 people.

And yet they are expecting over 100,000 in the streets of Tulsa,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 221319001/

Meh...Darwinism will take care of them.

ltbewr

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Trump's rally in Tulsa is getting crazy already. There will be an overnight curfew in the city Friday 10 PM into Saturday 6 AM, Saturday 10 PM to 6 AM Sunday. Persons on line since Thursday for the rally have been chased out, the line cannot reform until 6 AM Saturday. Trump has already given the 'riot act' to 'violent' protesters he says are coming to the city and if do violent act (or just look at cops the wrong way), will get 'what they got in Minneapolis', that is a violent repression and reaction by police. 1000's of anti-racism protesters are in the streets of Tulsa today. I do fear what tomorrow may bring but for that it may be a political death blow to Trump.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tulsa ... spartandhp

LCDFlight

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Trump's rally in Tulsa is getting crazy already. There will be an overnight curfew in the city Friday 10 PM into Saturday 6 AM, Saturday 10 PM to 6 AM Sunday. Persons on line since Thursday for the rally have been chased out, the line cannot reform until 6 AM Saturday. Trump has already given the 'riot act' to 'violent' protesters he says are coming to the city and if do violent act (or just look at cops the wrong way), will get 'what they got in Minneapolis', that is a violent repression and reaction by police. 1000's of anti-racism protesters are in the streets of Tulsa today. I do fear what tomorrow may bring but for that it may be a political death blow to Trump.

Are the "anti-racism protestors" you mention (?) committed to not committing violent crimes such as arson and assault? Criminal laws are still on the books.

There were near zero rioters in Minneapolis hurt by police - actually, the lack of law enforcement was the newsworthy feature, leading to chaos within hours of signs of weakness in police presence. Then, parasites and incels started to light things on fire.

casinterest

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 pm

ltbewr wrote:

The Covid will be strong at this rally. Thousands of pople maskless , breathing in and out, and singing the praises of an Impeached President.
https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

"I won't be wearing a mask," says
@PressSec
of tomorrow's Trump rally in Tulsa. McEnany says "it's a personal choice." She says she's tested regularly for Coronavirus and though masks are recommended, they're not required.

BN747

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Covid will be strong and surely Militia types will make an appearance 'to keep things safe' along with the Bugaloo Boys to make sure things get violent and trump can channel Bull Connor (like we haven't seen that before) and channel the father of modern day 'militarized police tactics', ex-cop/Mayor Frank Rizzo (seen that act too) and execute those past actions because they worked so wonderfully well before...trump's wish of slaughtering American protestors/journalist comes true.

He's always said 'he loves chaos'...here's the perfect opportunity to create a helluva bang and get the spot light off his recently exposed failed inept leadership.

Yes he can get a second term - if he cancels or steals it, but not chance via voter ballots.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

casinterest

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Looks like Covid is making a strong run at ramping up in Tulsa already.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

drew777

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:43 am

Small turnout to tonight's rally. Very weak looking.

apodino

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Terrible rally for Trump. The entire upper bowl looked completely empty. The Campaign had to cancel the overflow area because no one was there. Six Staffers tested positive for COVID 19. And on top of that, I read reports this morning that the Trump Campaign may have been pranked with lots of young people at home requesting tickets for the rally they had no intention of using. Trump is a man who is literally imploding before our very eyes, and I suspect if this keeps up, Biden may carry states that are not on anyones map at the moment. (Think Alaska)

seb146

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:50 pm

apodino wrote:
Terrible rally for Trump. The entire upper bowl looked completely empty. The Campaign had to cancel the overflow area because no one was there. Six Staffers tested positive for COVID 19. And on top of that, I read reports this morning that the Trump Campaign may have been pranked with lots of young people at home requesting tickets for the rally they had no intention of using. Trump is a man who is literally imploding before our very eyes, and I suspect if this keeps up, Biden may carry states that are not on anyones map at the moment. (Think Alaska)

Is it true the crowd went wild when he drank water with one hand? I didn't watch the rally since I had other things to do.

I have yet to hear any plans from MAGA. Just constant "look how great I am" and "look at this crowd" and "golf" and so forth.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

727LOVER

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:15 pm

JayinKitsap wrote:
I seem to recall that Obama barely squeeked his election out 8 years ago.

SQUEAKED ? (correct spelling)

Obama won Florida, Virginia & Ohio....had he lost those 3 states, he would have still won.

If Obama "SQUEAKED"...what do you cal G W in 2004? A mere 150,000 votes in Ohio made the difference.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

ltbewr

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:55 pm

This is a video link (from the anti-Trump The Lincoln Project Twitter account) of Trump as he left the Marine 1 helicopter at the WH upon return from his disastrous Tulsa campaign rally. He looked tired, angry, his tie was untied and hanging around his neck. He barely waved and saluted. I love the look of defeat as to him.
https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 2929818625
I think the badly attended campaign rally in Tulsa, his obscene handling of the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA, his violent repression of protesters in particular with his infamous church visit, his racist hate comments are [hopefully] leading to his losing in November.

BN747

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Crowd size? Ha! Nothing a Sharpie can't fix...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbCcPhNXgAI ... name=small

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

ewt340

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Now, in my personal experience, my family members and friends who are republicans (most are moderate rather than part of the tea party) already decided to move their vote to Biden since he is a moderate democrat. They lived in suburbia near Fort-Worth Dallas area.

The biggest factor gonna be, how many moderates would go for biden. Because unlike Hillary, my family and friends said that more moderates tend to see him in a better light compared to Bernie or Trump.

His biggest problems gonna be the swing state. Joe biden could easily win those. Trump in 2020? not so much.

alfa164

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:01 pm

ltbewr wrote:
This is a video link (from the anti-Trump The Lincoln Project Twitter account) of Trump as he left the Marine 1 helicopter at the WH upon return from his disastrous Tulsa campaign rally. He looked tired, angry, his tie was untied and hanging around his neck. He barely waved and saluted. I love the look of defeat as to him.
I think the badly attended campaign rally in Tulsa, his obscene handling of the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA, his violent repression of protesters in particular with his infamous church visit, his racist hate comments are [hopefully] leading to his losing in November.

More than a look of defeat; he wouldn't even look at the Marine guard whom he sort-of saluted getting off the helicopter. He finally realized what we all know: he is a loser.

In more ways than one...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

JayinKitsap

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:19 am

727LOVER wrote:
JayinKitsap wrote:
I seem to recall that Obama barely squeeked his election out 8 years ago.

SQUEAKED ? (correct spelling)

Obama won Florida, Virginia & Ohio....had he lost those 3 states, he would have still won.

If Obama "SQUEAKED"...what do you cal G W in 2004? A mere 150,000 votes in Ohio made the difference.

I was being a bit sarcastic, Obama squeeked by Romney 332-206, well trampled in a cruel and unusual manner would be a better description.

Aaron747

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:59 am

alfa164 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

More than a look of defeat; he wouldn't even look at the Marine guard whom he sort-of saluted getting off the helicopter. He finally realized what we all know: he is a loser.

In more ways than one...

He has known this his whole life - it explains the projective overconfidence and inability to be empathetic or humble.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 am

ltbewr wrote:
He barely waved and saluted.

that used to be a capital offense for Fox News...... yet i´d be mildly surprised if Fox News viewer ever see that clip.

best regards
Thomas

Tugger

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm

The reality is, and we are getting a lot of confirmation of this nowadays from everyone that has worked with Trump as president, is that Trump is focused on himself, not the country.

That is who he is and it explains somewhat how his adherents support him and not the country. It is all about him. And that is what his supporters are about as well. Just listen to them.

I believe that more and more people are truly understanding that (except the diehard TDS fanatics) and moving away from him. From evangelicals to older conservatives that actually believe in something more, Trump is wearing thin.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

sierrakilo44

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 am

tommy1808 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
He barely waved and saluted.

that used to be a capital offense for Fox News...... yet i´d be mildly surprised if Fox News viewer ever see that clip.

best regards
Thomas

Fox News blew a fuse when Obama wore a tan suit and put mustard on a hamburger.

Will Trump win? Despite recently failing polls it’s still a possibility. If there’s some semblance of an economic turnaround within the next few months, or the Democrats put Biden on TV too much and his declining mental state is revealed more often it’s possible.

Even without an economic turnaround Trump could still pull it off by claiming his economy was roaring prior to the virus and it wasn’t his fault the downturn happened.

There’s also the law and order aspect. These protests could help the democrats, or it could backfire. In 1968 after a year of violent turmoil Americans elected a strong law and order Richard Nixon.

Another group Trump is courting is evangelical Christians, he made an appearance at the anti abortion rally to shore up their support. That could be a deciding factor, especially amongst those traditionally Republican evangelicals who may have been turned off by the puss graber last time.

tommy1808

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
In 1968 after a year of violent turmoil Americans elected a strong law and order Richard Nixon..

Richard Nixon wasn´t the incumbent, and Trump makes for a terrible "Law and Order" President.

best regards
Thomas

BN747

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 am

tommy1808 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
In 1968 after a year of violent turmoil Americans elected a strong law and order Richard Nixon..

Richard Nixon wasn´t the incumbent, and Trump makes for a terrible "Law and Order" President.

best regards
Thomas

Yeah..."I am the Law and Order president!"

...and Bolton stated 'Obstruction of Justice is order of the day, everyday' in that dumpster fire of an office...

Yeah, Nixon was untested and people had forgotten how awful he was as Eisenhower's VP in the 1950s. If CNN was around back then to replay his role in Central America...he would have never made it 1600 Pennsylvania.

BN747

ltbewr

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 am

On Tuesday, 6/23, Pres. Trump is to visit a border wall under construction in Yuma, AZ and a rally of Republican Youth in a 'Megachurch' in PHX. This ties in with his 2 of his biggest themes of his campaign in 2016 and continuing them in 2020 of against immigration and pandering to Evangelical Christians. Recent events also tie in with these appearances.

On Monday Pres. Trump signed orders (that actually I partially agree with) strictly limiting certain work visas, in particular H-1's that have been abused by tech companies. It is coming out that a possible reason for firing the SDNY Attorney Berman may be as Berman refused to sign a DOJ letter to overturn orders of NY City's Mayor limiting the number of persons who could attend religious services.https://www.yahoo.com/news/ousted-u-pro ... 48781.html

ewt340

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:10 pm

ltbewr wrote:
On Tuesday, 6/23, Pres. Trump is to visit a border wall under construction in Yuma, AZ and a rally of Republican Youth in a 'Megachurch' in PHX. This ties in with his 2 of his biggest themes of his campaign in 2016 and continuing them in 2020 of against immigration and pandering to Evangelical Christians. Recent events also tie in with these appearances.

On Monday Pres. Trump signed orders (that actually I partially agree with) strictly limiting certain work visas, in particular H-1's that have been abused by tech companies. It is coming out that a possible reason for firing the SDNY Attorney Berman may be as Berman refused to sign a DOJ letter to overturn orders of NY City's Mayor limiting the number of persons who could attend religious services.https://www.yahoo.com/news/ousted-u-pro ... 48781.html

Oohh, his silicon valley donors gonna be angry with him. They should have expect Trump to undermine their business when they secretly help him win the presidency back then.

He f up their production chain by going on trade war with china, messed up their biggest oversea market and now messed up their employment back home.

casinterest

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:11 pm

I find it weird after discussing with Friends this week the dichotomy of Trump's support. Trump is losing College Educated Women and Men. However he still maintains the high school educated 50+ white male brigade. I think Trump has a long road to go. People I know that voted for him in 2016, are not going to in 2020 within the College Educated Women and Men rank.
However the "Echo chamber" group that lives and breathes on Fox News and it's affiliated right wing sites of older white males is still running strong.
This Echo chamber is what is driving Trump's moves on "Law and Order" ,immigration, and Covid response. The spin cycle is getting tooi tight and it beginning to lose the grip folks that are further from the center of that chamber.

Right now Trump is polling at 55%+ disapproval and this election is shaping up to be a vote against Trump.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

sierrakilo44

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm

BN747 wrote:

...and Bolton stated 'Obstruction of Justice is order of the day, everyday' in that dumpster fire of an office...

Yeah, Nixon was untested and people had forgotten how awful he was as Eisenhower's VP in the 1950s. If CNN was around back then to replay his role in Central America...he would have never made it 1600 Pennsylvania.

BN747

Except the average middle of the road voter doesn’t give a rat’s ass if John Bolton, one of the most sociopathic warmongers on the planet btw, finds Trump’s obstruction of justice in the White House appalling. It doesn’t affect them one iota. What do they care about? In an economic downturn jobs, which Trump could play up the anti-immigrant card like he did in 2016. With crime on the news every night law and order, again trump could blame it on “thugs” and “Mexicans”. He could use the lure of more Supreme Court vacancies to rally conservative Christians behind him again.

Don’t get me wrong I’m definitely not a Trump supporter but I heard a lot of people in 2016 claim the pussy grabbing reality TV Star had zero chance of becoming president over the one candidate whom everyone expected to become the first female president. One of the was Barack Obama. But then I heard Trump talking to crowds of disaffected Midwest whites racked by high unemployment, and his message of “Make America Great Again”, ludicrous as it was, resonated with them. What did the Clinton campaign come up with in response? “I’m With Her”. Trump slogan was about the country, Clinton’s slogan was all about herself.

I think the polls showing Biden suddenly gaining a huge lead could very easily swing back around if the Democrats aren’t smart. I’m starting to see signs the Democrats are getting cocky on poll numbers and are now assuming an easy Biden victory.

“If CNN was around back then” no one would care, because most people don’t watch CNN (less than 1% of the population).

BN747

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:56 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Except the average middle of the road voter doesn’t give a rat’s ass if John Bolton, one of the most sociopathic warmongers on the planet btw, finds Trump’s obstruction of justice in the White House appalling. It doesn’t affect them one iota. What do they care about? In an economic downturn jobs, which Trump could play up the anti-immigrant card like he did in 2016. With crime on the news every night law and order, again trump could blame it on “thugs” and “Mexicans”. He could use the lure of more Supreme Court vacancies to rally conservative Christians behind him again.

Don’t get me wrong I’m definitely not a Trump supporter but I heard a lot of people in 2016 claim the pussy grabbing reality TV Star had zero chance of becoming president over the one candidate whom everyone expected to become the first female president. One of the was Barack Obama. But then I heard Trump talking to crowds of disaffected Midwest whites racked by high unemployment, and his message of “Make America Great Again”, ludicrous as it was, resonated with them. What did the Clinton campaign come up with in response? “I’m With Her”. Trump slogan was about the country, Clinton’s slogan was all about herself.

I think the polls showing Biden suddenly gaining a huge lead could very easily swing back around if the Democrats aren’t smart. I’m starting to see signs the Democrats are getting cocky on poll numbers and are now assuming an easy Biden victory.

“If CNN was around back then” no one would care, because most people don’t watch CNN (less than 1% of the population).

All inconsequential, he has a 3 1/2 year track record of fecklessness, 3 1/2 years of a grown man acting like this ...
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d7 ... =800&h=446

...too many ( 2016 trump voters) recognize this 'Nobody Likes Me' infantile behavior is just too far gone and unacceptable in any leader.
It's the calling card of a man with zero maturity.

Add in the fact that traditional foreign leaders/allies ..after years of disrespect by the man-child has placed America's standing the world is a problem, they are all shunning him now.

Only he, painted himself in that corner...no one else.

It is an unshakable image which he cannot undo and 'acting tough' in the face of now being seen as a cowardly weak individual does not instill confidence.

The only ones not bothered by that are Confederate Flag/Hillbilly, he dedicated racists, the weak minded and frightened old white men. That's not going get him close to the votes needed.

He must gain re-election by way of theft, subterfuge or any criminal avenue available,

BN747

BN747

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Forgot to add, oh and he's ability to lie at the drop of a hat, even when the truth would serve him best..he'll reach for the lie, the world has seen this way too many times.
Not sure how you feel, but this disturbs far too many people.

BN747

MDGLongBeach

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:22 pm

casinterest wrote:
I find it weird after discussing with Friends this week the dichotomy of Trump's support. Trump is losing College Educated Women and Men. However he still maintains the high school educated 50+ white male brigade. I think Trump has a long road to go. People I know that voted for him in 2016, are not going to in 2020 within the College Educated Women and Men rank.

I spoke with a conservative group in my area that I was somewhat involved in the past (vast majority are college educated, just for reference), and it seems like there is a trend among conservatives not voting for Trump this November. *THOUGH* Important to mention, that these former Trump supporters aren't necessarily transitioning to Biden either, seems like conservative voting turnout is going to be worse than 2016. Main reasoning is controversies surrounding Pres. Trump, and lack of effective response to COVID. Horrible that we are in a system where we have to choose between "the lesser of two evils".

Just a reminder that the silent majority is **still** stronger than we think, what we see represented in the media is just a very small portion of voters (especially right-wing), and 2016 was a testament to that.

EDIT: personally I don't think i'll be voting this election, there's just 0 good, viable alternatives to Biden or Trump.

ER757

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:29 pm

MDGLongBeach wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I spoke with a conservative group in my area that I was somewhat involved in the past (vast majority are college educated, just for reference), and it seems like there is a trend among conservatives not voting for Trump this November. *THOUGH* Important to mention, that these former Trump supporters aren't necessarily transitioning to Biden either, seems like conservative voting turnout is going to be worse than 2016. Main reasoning is controversies surrounding Pres. Trump, and lack of effective response to COVID. Horrible that we are in a system where we have to choose between "the lesser of two evils".

Just a reminder that the silent majority is **still** stronger than we think, what we see represented in the media is just a very small portion of voters (especially right-wing), and 2016 was a testament to that.

I think we'll see a reverse of the 2016 trend - lots of lukewarm democrats stayed home because they didn't like Hillary. I think a lot of middle of the road republicans may stay home this time because they don't like Trump. They can't bring themselves to vote democrat so they just won't show up. His base certainly will but that in and of itself won't get him a second term. By the same token, Biden needs to get the independents to show up and rally all the democrats to ensure he carries the battleground states. Too close to call right now IMHO

MDGLongBeach

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm

ER757 wrote:
I think we'll see a reverse of the 2016 trend - lots of lukewarm democrats stayed home because they didn't like Hillary. I think a lot of middle of the road republicans may stay home this time because they don't like Trump. They can't bring themselves to vote democrat so they just won't show up. His base certainly will but that in and of itself won't get him a second term. By the same token, Biden needs to get the independents to show up and rally all the democrats to ensure he carries the battleground states. Too close to call right now IMHO

I do think a lot of centrist voters will sit out this election, some Democrats I know won't be voting for Biden because of his uncertainty, and Republicans because of Trump's rough road. Though, not having the centrist vote will be a lot more costly to republicans this time around as one could argue the results of the battleground states ended up in the hands of slight *x* leaning voters.

Biden will be under a lot of pressure to maintain the support of skeptical voters, and to win FL. I don't think we put enough importance onto FL in this election. In the current mock ballots, FL could very possibly be the deciding factor of this election. Trump will need to rally hard and maintain his current voterbase in FL and not let some of the more rural counties fall to democrats. On the contrary, Biden and democrats are going to have to focus on gaining some rural support if they want to have a viable chance at winning battleground states, especially FL, MN and NC.

apodino

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Here is a question I have. Instead of refusing to vote for either candidate and not vote at all, why not vote for someone like Jo Jorgensen? I agree that there aren’t any viable options other than Biden and Trump, but at least vote for someone. Barring something outlandish, Jo Jorgensen gets my vote this year. If you are on the left, take a look at Green Party candidate Howie Hawkins, who reminds me of Jeremy Corbin in many ways.

casinterest

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:20 pm

ER757 wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I think more voters will show up. Many have a lot to lose especially if the economy stays crummy. A few more Supreme court votes could cause the evangelicals to rethink throwing money at the GOP for judges. The lack of using science, but depending on "gut" instinct plays well to those that don't care for science, but so far with Covid, it has cost a lot of lives and jobs.

MDGLongBeach

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:36 pm

apodino wrote:
Here is a question I have. Instead of refusing to vote for either candidate and not vote at all, why not vote for someone like Jo Jorgensen? I agree that there aren’t any viable options other than Biden and Trump, but at least vote for someone. Barring something outlandish, Jo Jorgensen gets my vote this year. If you are on the left, take a look at Green Party candidate Howie Hawkins, who reminds me of Jeremy Corbin in many ways.

I'm non-partisan right now. I can't justify a vote for Trump or Biden. I've taken a look at some third party candidates but it's really hard to justify the effort just to see DJT get a second term or Biden stumble his way into office. Though I do like the idea, in the future, of seeing someone like Jorgensen gain some traction where she'll have some viability or chance of having a run at the office.

casinterest wrote:
I think more voters will show up. Many have a lot to lose especially if the economy stays crummy. A few more Supreme court votes could cause the evangelicals to rethink throwing money at the GOP for judges. The lack of using science, but depending on "gut" instinct plays well to those that don't care for science, but so far with Covid, it has cost a lot of lives and jobs.

Speaking to fellow political activists, a lot of people, on both sides, feel that there's no safe option in this election and would rather let it play out or throw-a-way a vote for a candidate like Jorgensen who has almost 0 chance at making it to office. Voters are now a lot more stubborn with sticking to their side and not transitioning to follow their beliefs because they personally identify with the brand of political party they expressed support for in the past, so they'd rather wait out a better candidate on their side (like many democrats liked Andrew Yang) to vote for as some feel they have more to lose by voting and having the burden of the candidates fallacies in their term of office.

Though im happy to say that I'm one of the few that transitioned to independent, and will wait out for a good candidate.

Dieuwer

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 pm

The Senate and House seem way more important than the POTUS this time around. And if the House is 67% Dem, then Trump doesn't matter anymore.

casinterest

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
The Senate and House seem way more important than the POTUS this time around. And if the House is 67% Dem, then Trump doesn't matter anymore.

60%+ is highly unlikely. Either way, the Senate would need to flip to make impeachment possible. and to negate Trump's destruction of the federal agencies.

Dieuwer

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

60%+ is highly unlikely. Either way, the Senate would need to flip to make impeachment possible. and to negate Trump's destruction of the federal agencies.

I completely forgot about impeachment. Will that be the first point of order if the Dems take both the Senate and the House?

BN747

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:56 pm

casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:

I think we'll see a reverse of the 2016 trend - lots of lukewarm democrats stayed home because they didn't like Hillary. I think a lot of middle of the road republicans may stay home this time because they don't like Trump..

Elections since 2016 show far greater participation. The 2018 results trended that way as have the majority of elections held since.
These millions of young people (who never vote) on the streets every day protesting have gotten their parents to take notice of 'what is important to them' and are walking the plank with actions.
They are taking note of how invested in their futures 'their parents really are'...dad can't be Archie Bunker anymore and getting away with it without answering for it and risking damning alienation.

The smell of blood in the political waters has these people out in force, they know they have a shot at actually changing the political landscape and they are going for it - all summer long.

But by and large, to go out an cast a vote for a proven lying inconsiderate menace as trump will prove to be a bridge to far for a lot of people...no comfort can be found to consciously support such a foul individual and giving him four additional years of his childish conduct - knowing he'll simply get worse by the second.

I don't see it.
But I do see a cornered animal in a position where he's open to do ANYthing illegal to win, to buy time to escape what awaits him in NYC as Mr. trump...and they are waiting 'the Berman fuck up' demonstrates that. He is a person that cannot be taken seriously...period.

He pulled the Ukraine influence attempt and got away with (sort of...he is after all forever impeached), now it's been proven he went to China begging this time to the same thing repeatedly - and I'm certain many other nations are offering him 'their services' to assist him electorally.

BN747

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:14 am

Then compound the above with the Lincoln Project and developments like this...

Exclusive: Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials to back Biden
https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-re ... 46283.html
=
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials are forming a group that will back Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, people familiar with the effort said, in a further sign that President Donald Trump has alienated some members of his own party.

These trends are devastating to trump effort to gain four more years.

Theft & Voter Suppression are the only avenues remaining for that irreversible damaged campaign.

BN747

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 am

Today, the number of Kentucky primary (and other states) votes, absentee, mail and those physically cast...well reveal the trends current state.

BN747

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:50 am

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ction.html

And it's starting to happen, Mark Meadows' Congressional seat place holder, endorsed by Meadows and trump just went to a young challenger in the R-primary in NC...beating Lynda Bennett soundly by 30 points.

N.C. aka trump territory. His endorsement meant absolutely nothing against a guy who hasn't reached the required age limit.

BN747

Max Q

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 am

BN747 wrote:

Exclusive: Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials to back Biden
=
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials are forming a group that will back Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, people familiar with the effort said, in a further sign that President Donald Trump has alienated some members of his own party.

Theft & Voter Suppression are the only avenues remaining for that irreversible damaged campaign.

BN747

Completely agree BN

Four more years of this moron are not survivable for mankind
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:05 am

Max Q wrote:
BN747 wrote:

=

BN747

Completely agree BN

Four more years of this moron are not survivable for mankind

You are backed up at least 6 of highest titled officials in the American government and Industry (Exxon honcho Rex Tillerson) calls you 'a moron'...

..that's etched in stone and written by lightning.

Try as they might, no one can argue against those credentials nor their case.

BN747

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:08 am

BN747 wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/23/us/elections/results-north-carolina-house-district-11-republican-primary-runoff-election.html

And it's starting to happen, Mark Meadows' Congressional seat place holder, endorsed by Meadows and trump just went to a young challenger in the R-primary in NC...beating Lynda Bennett soundly by 30 points.

N.C. aka trump territory. His endorsement meant absolutely nothing against a guy who hasn't reached the required age limit.

BN747

And in Kentucky, the trump backed candidate was left in the dust after trump label him 'a disaster for America'

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/23/ ... arly-call/
Kentucky Republican Rep. Thomas Massie, a libertarian-minded maverick who often clashes with GOP leaders, was renominated for a sixth House term. Trump savaged Massie in March as a “disaster for America” who should be ejected from the party after he forced lawmakers to return to Washington during a pandemic to vote on a huge economic relief package.

...rallies will not save him. He needs 10 G. Gordon Liddys to make a dent in the movement he does not see coming.

BN747

jetwet1

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 am

What I have seen is, as BN747 mentions, Trump has lost the females I know who voted for him, out of the males, he actually still had some support, however, the fear mongering speeches seems to have had the opposite effect than he intended within my friends.

To put it in simple terms, they are tired of the BS.

BN747

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 am

jetwet1 wrote:
What I have seen is, as BN747 mentions, Trump has lost the females I know who voted for him, out of the males, he actually still had some support, however, the fear mongering speeches seems to have had the opposite effect than he intended within my friends.

To put it in simple terms, they are tired of the BS.

That is because of the visceral nature of motherhood, they do not want their kids looking up to unprincipled slob like him and calling him 'a leader', he's shown the world he he is.

Untrustworthy, unreliable and baggage of BS he drags out at every gathering smells like worse sewage imaginable. It gets worse by the day.

But he will get the racist, young Nazis and the Charleton Heston type scared old white men ...but their numbers are crunched by the millions of diverse marchers in the street.

Our collective generations, Boomers on down have failed these kids and they are on to it.

The internet generation is rejecting their previous (false BS) teachings and discovering truth themselves and are demanding societal change like other group before them.

It's a different time.

BN747