Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tommy1808

Re: John Bolton Book Reveals Fractured White House Foreign Policy

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:32 pm

slider wrote:
I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that a neocon interventionist would have sour grapes that POTUS has extracted us from hostilities and de-escalated tensions around the globe.

de-escalated tensions? :lol:
North Korea literally just blew up the bridges to South Korea, shots are fired between to nuclear powers in the Himalayas, and the PRC is still getting more aggressive in the South China Sea...

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

MaverickM11

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm

slider wrote:
I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that a neocon interventionist would have sour grapes that POTUS has extracted us from hostilities and de-escalated tensions around the globe.

Trump must not have gotten the message from the hawk neocons that the military-industrial complex needs to be constantly fed.

The one that Trump hired? How much more money has Trump thrown at the military industrial complex? What tension has he de-escalated other than giving lil Kim a handjob and the notoriety and platform he has forever craved? How many ways are you going to have this argument simultaneously?

jetwet1 wrote:
bgm wrote:
Seems to be a constant revolving door of people coming into this administration, leaving this administration on less than good terms, and then writing a scathing book about the chaos under the orange turd.

Rinse, and repeat.

It must be bad if even John Bolton couldn't handle the filthy garbage festering there. :rotfl:

But they are the best people, though, I guess they are well down the list of best people by now.

Though Ben Carson has managed to hang in there which is amazing to many.

I think Trump just totally forgot about him like Tiffany
I don't take responsibility at all

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:41 pm

slider wrote:

Trump must not have gotten the message from the hawk neocons that the military-industrial complex needs to be constantly fed.

Bolton is a known commodity - his foreign policy views do not invalidate his observations as a day to day aide. That’s a hasty generalization fallacy. He has a reputation as a copious note-taker and documents every conversation he participates in (probably anathema to having friends in Washington). Apart from the known quantity of his views, what is the evidence that he is a peddler of tall tales and interpersonal dirty laundry-airing?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:27 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
slider wrote:

The one that Trump hired? How much more money has Trump thrown at the military industrial complex? What tension has he de-escalated other than giving lil Kim a handjob and the notoriety and platform he has forever craved? How many ways are you going to have this argument simultaneously?

jetwet1 wrote:
bgm wrote:
Seems to be a constant revolving door of people coming into this administration, leaving this administration on less than good terms, and then writing a scathing book about the chaos under the orange turd.

Rinse, and repeat.

It must be bad if even John Bolton couldn't handle the filthy garbage festering there. :rotfl:

But they are the best people, though, I guess they are well down the list of best people by now.

Though Ben Carson has managed to hang in there which is amazing to many.

I think Trump just totally forgot about him like Tiffany

Or for that convenient 'under the bus' position that pops in an 'unanticipated emergency...'

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Dieuwer

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Bolton Unites Republicans and Democrats in Scorn Over Tell-All Book

Democrats slammed the former national security adviser for saving his damning revelations for a book instead of sharing them with impeachment investigators. Republicans hit him for speaking out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/p ... ion=footer

Looks like Bolton miscalculated writing and publishing his book.

zakuivcustom

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Not really...as long as people buy the book, who cares if Bolton pissed off everyone.

Not surprise about the bipartisan bashing of Bolton, though. Nobody really like him anyway.

Dieuwer

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:26 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Not really...as long as people buy the book, who cares if Bolton pissed off everyone.

Not surprise about the bipartisan bashing of Bolton, though. Nobody really like him anyway.

Bolton will care if he goes to jail.

Tugger

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Bolton Unites Republicans and Democrats in Scorn Over Tell-All Book

Democrats slammed the former national security adviser for saving his damning revelations for a book instead of sharing them with impeachment investigators. Republicans hit him for speaking out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/p ... ion=footer

It's not at all the same "scorn", the different politicians are not really united. The Dems are upset because it appears Bolton's testimony might have been pivotal in the Ukraine hearings, while the Republicans are annoyed at him exposing what they already know about Trump and have been avoiding. (Of course there are also Trump the MAGA's who are bent that anyone would be "disloyal" or come out with damning if accurate prose about Trump).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

tommy1808

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Bolton will care if he goes to jail.

Well, he won't, so that point is mute.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:19 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

And a judge already rejected the requested stoppage of the book. I can also agree with the dems that Bolton should have spoken up earlier.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53118721

A US judge has rejected a request by President Donald Trump to stop the publication of a memoir by his former National Security Adviser, John Bolton.

The justice department argued that the book had not been properly vetted.

Judge Royce Lamberth of the US District Court in Washington DC said Mr Bolton had "gambled" with US national security and "exposed his country to harm".

But he ruled that the government had "failed to establish that an injunction would prevent irreparable harm".
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

BN747

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

And a judge already rejected the requested stoppage of the book. I can also agree with the dems that Bolton should have spoken up earlier.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53118721

A US judge has rejected a request by President Donald Trump to stop the publication of a memoir by his former National Security Adviser, John Bolton.

The justice department argued that the book had not been properly vetted.

Judge Royce Lamberth of the US District Court in Washington DC said Mr Bolton had "gambled" with US national security and "exposed his country to harm".

But he ruled that the government had "failed to establish that an injunction would prevent irreparable harm".

Every 'just and fair minded' (those who honor law and detest law-breaking) agrees he should have testified. But as I stated earlier...as much as Bolton is disliked by the 'just and fair minded' and now the 'law and order crowd' or fake supporters of law...he is undoubtedly a somewhat worldly man - of the extremely skeptical kind (paranoid) and knowing that, he knows more details of people who've gotten disappear better than anyone on this board. Therefore, his personal safety is paramount...but same can be said about Col. Vindman, Amb. Taylor, Fiona Hill and Marie Yovanovitch, all have seen or witnessed some scary shit..so it's easy to say what we think but harder to walk in their shoes and experience their anxieties.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

frmrCapCadet

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:34 pm

I assume that every one who knows damning details about certain public figures and worry that therefore their life is in jail has taken steps. In sufficient numbers there are trusted attorneys, reporters, or retired military people who have a copy of the damning evidence and are instructed to leak it in the event of an untimely death.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

BN747

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:23 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
I assume that every one who knows damning details about certain public figures and worry that therefore their life is in jail has taken steps. In sufficient numbers there are trusted attorneys, reporters, or retired military people who have a copy of the damning evidence and are instructed to leak it in the event of an untimely death.

And who's dead that... 'that M.O.' worked out as planned...name one.

Vince Foster? Marilyn Monroe?

BN747

frmrCapCadet

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 am

BN747 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

BN747

LOL, just look at all of those who are still alive.

BN747

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:40 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
BN747 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

BN747

LOL, just look at all of those who are still alive.

Starting with ...'Who'? Who dared to cross the line with a Putin-type threat lurking in the shadows?

Who?

BN747

max999

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am

Americans won't change their opinions of Trump because they are so baked in, no matter how salacious, scandalous, or criminal his deeds are.

Trump is absolutely correct when he said: his supporters will still love him even if he shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

So I think having debates about this book and its author is pointless. It won't change anyone's minds.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

seat64k

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:21 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
In sufficient numbers there are trusted attorneys, reporters, or retired military people who have a copy of the damning evidence and are instructed to leak it in the event of an untimely death.

FWIW, the whole book has already been leaked - pdf and epub. Doesn't take much to find it if you're even mildly internet savvy.

ewt340

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:59 pm

I think it's pretty naive to think that another full blown war would be avoided under trump or not.
The this is, if the US leaved the warzone. Other power like Russia, Saudi, China, Iran or the EU would fill in the blank.

Under trump, he just maintaining the status quo. Nothing much has change.

aerosreenivas

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:58 am

I'm interested in buying this book. How many of you are going to buy Bolton's book?

ewt340

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 am

aerosreenivas wrote:
I'm interested in buying this book. How many of you are going to buy Bolton's book?

Honestly, almost everything written in the book we already know. This presidency is a big ole F up. Nothing really new.

frmrCapCadet

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Political books and most political post career memoirs are often best read via book reviews and the media. I am a heavy reader and there just is no room to squeeze these into my book piles. Res security, the biggest impact is not what China and Russia know, it is what the President kept the American people from knowing. While I may detest his warloving views, Bolton, unlike Trump, is a patriot.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:36 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
it is what the President kept the American people from knowing

Please enlighten us, sources would be great.
I am the Googlizer!!!

einsteinboricua

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Turns out the book was leaked online. For once, I was conflicted but found a copy. No matter what Bolton says about Trump, I cannot justify giving him any money. It was either that or buy a used copy when they started being sold (or buy them at a STEEP discount).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

frmrCapCadet

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Think! Mr Putin knows what Trump said to him. We don't. Mr Xi knows what Trump said to him. We don't. And to be a bit non-partisan this has been a common problem. The US public is kept in the dark, when obviously our foes know exactly what we are doing.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
it is what the President kept the American people from knowing

Please enlighten us, sources would be great.

Easy: Bolton is not reputed as a liar, while POTUS is. Note which questions he refuses to answer here or speculate on, even though Stephanopolous was trying to get him to say something controversial.

https://youtu.be/LasbOJ16QUI
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MDGLongBeach

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:02 pm

I wouldn't give much credit to war-hungry Bolton when it comes to criticizing Trump foreign policy. I see this as another man of power who's angry that they didn't get a longer tenure to push unreasonable ideologies. Bolton's book won't tell us anything that we don't already know. Not giving DJT much credit here because there are some legitimate criticisms made about him too, so DJT isn't completely innocent here too... but Bolton isn't necessarily someone i'd really look up to for exposing DJT.

Tugger

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:19 pm

And now that it is published it is a non-story. I see little to nothing on it now. All that was "sensational" is resolved (the suit to block its release) or already known (the juicy bits from the book were already out and being discussed).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

seb146

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Tugger wrote:
And now that it is published it is a non-story. I see little to nothing on it now. All that was "sensational" is resolved (the suit to block its release) or already known (the juicy bits from the book were already out and being discussed).

Tugg

It still is a story. It is yet another person telling the country exactly what we have suspected all along. We have a group of people telling us how power mad and completely off the rails this administration is and one guy from the administration screaming "FAKE!!" without giving us any actual proof.

Every single former administration official needs to be heard again in the days and weeks leading up to the election. We The People must be shown over and over how corrupt and dangerous this one guy is for our republic.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!