Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stratosphere
Topic Author

Cancel Culture Run Amok

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Ok so my link is CBN I am an atheist and not exactly in love with the cops. But I can honestly say I am sick and tired of the cancel culture and social justice worriers. Where does it end? So now we can't watch a show I actually watched and I don't know if LIVE PD and Cops were pulled off the air for showing cops in a good light or showing blacks in a bad one. But now disarming Elmer Fudd and pulling cartoons is getting to ridiculous levels. All this does is reinforce my belief that us non woke people will be so pissed off by Nov that Trump will actually pull this off and win a second term you liberals are digging your own grave on this one.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainm ... -offensive

casinterest

Re: Cancel Culture Run Amok

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:58 pm

So you are condemning the privately run corporations for making private corporate decisions? Should Trump issue an Executive Order demanding that they succumb to the whims of your requests?

Maybe those shows aren't popular anymore, and maybe they are trying to reach a wider audience. If there is a market for what is being canceled, then another company will bring it out on their terms.
Where ever you go, there you are.

N583JB

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:17 pm

casinterest wrote:
So you are condemning the privately run corporations for making private corporate decisions? Should Trump issue an Executive Order demanding that they succumb to the whims of your requests?

Maybe those shows aren't popular anymore, and maybe they are trying to reach a wider audience. If there is a market for what is being canceled, then another company will bring it out on their terms.

Live PD was one of the highest rated shows on cable.

casinterest

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:24 pm

N583JB wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Live PD was one of the highest rated shows on cable.

Live PD is in a lawsuit and is a financial liability currently.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 332903002/

ltbewr

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Several police related shows have been terminated or suspended due to pressure from some viewers, just enough withdrawals of advertisers (from public demand), that their contents tended to show too many of the alleged criminals of persons of Black of Brown complexion, and too much from the cops viewpoint without filters. In the end it was a business decision like when airliners discontinue service or of a certain model aircraft.

alfa164

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I can honestly say I am sick and tired of the cancel culture and social justice worriers. Where does it end? So now we can't watch a show I actually watched and I don't know if LIVE PD and Cops were pulled off the air for showing cops in a good light or showing blacks in a bad one. But now disarming Elmer Fudd and pulling cartoons is getting to ridiculous levels.

Poor baby! Perhaps the Supreme Court will be willing to hear a case demanding those shows return; it is such an important issue. Perhaps a "White Trash TV Matters" petition would start the ball rolling!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Dahlgardo

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Weak people will always take offense of one thing or the other, either because of their own insecurities or because they mirror themselves in others.

Taking offense is not a virtue.

The cancel culture is all about victimisation and guilt, opressed and opressors, which is basically Marxist doctrine.
Disparities are caused by priviledge and opression is the mantra.

It's amazing how this way of thinking has found its way into our societies without any evidence of its claims.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

casinterest

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
Weak people will always take offense of one thing or the other, either because of their own insecurities or because they mirror themselves in others.

Taking offense is not a virtue.

The cancel culture is all about victimisation and guilt, opressed and opressors, which is basically Marxist doctrine.
Disparities are caused by priviledge and opression is the mantra.

It's amazing how this way of thinking has found its way into our societies without any evidence of its claims.

The cancel culture is a make believe idea based on Right wing antagonists wishing for their continued coddling by Right wing media. The real issue is when a business plan doesn't work anymore and the owners of that property cancel it.

If the idea has merit and will work as a business plan, then some other person will take up the activity/business and run with it.

StarAC17

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:59 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Ok so my link is CBN I am an atheist and not exactly in love with the cops. But I can honestly say I am sick and tired of the cancel culture and social justice worriers. Where does it end? So now we can't watch a show I actually watched and I don't know if LIVE PD and Cops were pulled off the air for showing cops in a good light or showing blacks in a bad one. But now disarming Elmer Fudd and pulling cartoons is getting to ridiculous levels. All this does is reinforce my belief that us non woke people will be so pissed off by Nov that Trump will actually pull this off and win a second term you liberals are digging your own grave on this one.

It's a private company that is looking at what is best for them, deal with it. This only matters when the government makes the call as that is unconstitutional.
The cancellation of Cops and advertisers jumping ship from Tucker Carlson are business making what they think is the best decision. Also isn't Tucker Carlson going off on Sesame Street the same thing but on the right.

This is hardly just a left wing phenomenon. Taking "To Kill A Mockingbird" out of school curriculum's is a form of right wing cancel culture as well.

https://www.shondaland.com/inspire/book ... rd-banned/

I will agree with one thing the democrats would serve themselves well to not go woke in this election, that is why Trump is still in this thing. Trump is incompetent enough on his own and all they need to do is attack that to have a good chance of winning, stick to the issues and the democrats will win this thing and probably the senate.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

bgm

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:06 pm

stratosphere wrote:

Please. As if you would vote for Biden... :rotfl:

Contain your fake outrage, or send an angry letter to CBN and move on.
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

OA412

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:12 pm

The OP is nothing but flamebait. Locked.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West