Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
NIKV69
Posts: 13369
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
Then ask questions. Education is key to understanding.



There can't be education to lunacy. You are blaming police for a bunch of anarchists breaking the law. It can't work.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
N583JB
Topic Author
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Then ask questions. Education is key to understanding.



There can't be education to lunacy. You are blaming police for a bunch of anarchists breaking the law. It can't work.


Unfortunately, this particular poster's M.O. is to make wildly inflammatory claims that lack evidence ("all police do is shoot people" "police don't do any good" "police just use people for target practice") and then quietly shirk away when asked to back up his baseless statements with actual evidence.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22179
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Then ask questions. Education is key to understanding.



There can't be education to lunacy. You are blaming police for a bunch of anarchists breaking the law. It can't work.


Police shooting unarmed people. Police having military weapons. Police raping. Yeah, blaming police for protests.

The way I interpreted your original "I don't understand" post is that you didn't understand what I was saying. I get that. Sometimes I am not clear about what I am saying. I am more than happy to discuss what my opinions are. If you ask. However, if you just say "well, I don't understand this so your post is irrelevant" then I can't help you understand my intent. We can't have a conversation if you just throw up your hands and walk away.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N757ST
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Then ask questions. Education is key to understanding.



There can't be education to lunacy. You are blaming police for a bunch of anarchists breaking the law. It can't work.


Police shooting unarmed people. Police having military weapons. Police raping. Yeah, blaming police for protests.

The way I interpreted your original "I don't understand" post is that you didn't understand what I was saying. I get that. Sometimes I am not clear about what I am saying. I am more than happy to discuss what my opinions are. If you ask. However, if you just say "well, I don't understand this so your post is irrelevant" then I can't help you understand my intent. We can't have a conversation if you just throw up your hands and walk away.


There are 686,000 police officers in the United States. When you have such a large group of course there will be some that murder, rape, etc. To paint the entire group as murderers, rapists, etc is wrong. It’s no different then blindly calling all gay people pedophiles and all black people criminals, and all white people rich millionaires. None of those statements would constitute even a tiny percentage of their group, and it would be horribly wrong to categorize each of them that way because of a very small percentage of very bad apples. Yet here you are, spouting that cops are racists, murderers, rapists.
 
N583JB
Topic Author
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

There can't be education to lunacy. You are blaming police for a bunch of anarchists breaking the law. It can't work.


Police shooting unarmed people. Police having military weapons. Police raping. Yeah, blaming police for protests.

The way I interpreted your original "I don't understand" post is that you didn't understand what I was saying. I get that. Sometimes I am not clear about what I am saying. I am more than happy to discuss what my opinions are. If you ask. However, if you just say "well, I don't understand this so your post is irrelevant" then I can't help you understand my intent. We can't have a conversation if you just throw up your hands and walk away.


There are 686,000 police officers in the United States. When you have such a large group of course there will be some that murder, rape, etc. To paint the entire group as murderers, rapists, etc is wrong. It’s no different then blindly calling all gay people pedophiles and all black people criminals, and all white people rich millionaires. None of those statements would constitute even a tiny percentage of their group, and it would be horribly wrong to categorize each of them that way because of a very small percentage of very bad apples. Yet here you are, spouting that cops are racists, murderers, rapists.


That's what he/she does. This particular poster makes hysterical claims that are obviously false, and when asked to support their claims, either ignores you or attempts to change the subject. Long-form trolling, if you ask me.
 
N583JB
Topic Author
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Two more people shot, one killed in CHOP overnight. Rumors circulating that CHOP's "security" killed a black man and critically wounded another in a case of mistaken identity. Antifa's dream society is proving to be quite deadly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop ... ng-protest
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15019
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:23 pm

I am afraid there could be a very violent and deadly conflict.soon, ending up like Kent State 50 years ago.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:35 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I am afraid there could be a very violent and deadly conflict.soon, ending up like Kent State 50 years ago.

A lot of people are. At best, the city seems to be wagering that if they act later rather than sooner there will be much less public sympathy should the goons not leave and have to be forcibly removed. These clowns are still saying they need barriers for their protection, completely missing the fact that if the police were able to do their jobs in the facility they're blocking, then they wouldn't need protection. Also, they're being incredibly dumb, wedging themselves in between a concrete K-rail and a wall, they're making themselves an easy target, guns or no guns.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

N583JB wrote:
Two more people shot, one killed in CHOP overnight. Rumors circulating that CHOP's "security" killed a black man and critically wounded another in a case of mistaken identity. Antifa's dream society is proving to be quite deadly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop ... ng-protest


If you can’t be a good example, be a horrible warning.
 
Okie
Posts: 4122
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 pm

4 Shot, two deaths.
Quite an example considering the size/population of chop/chaz. crime rate for murder has to be right up there what 500 people 4 shootings per week x 52 weeks makes 208 people per year. 41% per year on shootings and 20% murder rate.

Okie
 
TSS
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:50 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Two more people shot, one killed in CHOP overnight. Rumors circulating that CHOP's "security" killed a black man and critically wounded another in a case of mistaken identity. Antifa's dream society is proving to be quite deadly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop ... ng-protest


If you can’t be a good example, be a horrible warning.


Check out this video of the aftermath of last night's shooting: CHAZ - Warzone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDUK5zJg0I&t=499s

The viewer comments are savage and right on the money as well.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 3999
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:03 pm

This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.

And I think you’re being kind. She is a fraudulent opportunistic leech, or clinically insane.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.


That’s a strange thought—commies and fascist embrace government as the necessary tool in their quest to control the populace. Reagan Republicans see government as a necessary, but limited, means to establish order for the preservation of liberty. People form governments to protect their rights from the likes of commies and fascists, government doesn’t create people or society.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:26 pm

SPD reportedly clearing the area. High time, too. Thirteen have been arrested so far.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... test-zone/

Mayor Durkan has also formally requested the City Council investigate Kshama Sawant (high time if you ask me). Ms. Sawant needs to tread very lightly, and the Council needs to take this seriously as Mayor Durkan has a lot of connections as a former US Attorney.
 
N583JB
Topic Author
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:28 pm

luckyone wrote:
SPD reportedly clearing the area. High time, too. Thirteen have been arrested so far.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... test-zone/

Mayor Durkan has also formally requested the City Council investigate Kshama Sawant (high time if you ask me). Ms. Sawant needs to tread very lightly, and the Council needs to take this seriously as Mayor Durkan has a lot of connections as a former US Attorney.


Good. Hope everyone involved is safe. This anarchist experiment lasted long enough and cost innocent people their lives. Also, it is a bit ironic that a movement that started because of Black Lives Matter ended when the CHOP's own security allegedly executed an unarmed black teenager and critically wounded another.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:47 pm

N583JB wrote:
luckyone wrote:
SPD reportedly clearing the area. High time, too. Thirteen have been arrested so far.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... test-zone/

Mayor Durkan has also formally requested the City Council investigate Kshama Sawant (high time if you ask me). Ms. Sawant needs to tread very lightly, and the Council needs to take this seriously as Mayor Durkan has a lot of connections as a former US Attorney.


Good. Hope everyone involved is safe. This anarchist experiment lasted long enough and cost innocent people their lives. Also, it is a bit ironic that a movement that started because of Black Lives Matter ended when the CHOP's own security allegedly executed an unarmed black teenager and critically wounded another.

I don’t think it’s ironic. I’m not the least bit surprised. This wasn’t about BLM at the end—they bailed pretty quickly, and IMHO they should be commended for that. At the end this was a few delusional zealots who knew that once they left they were done, a joke. And you can’t reason with people like that. The rest of the CHOP narrative is a moment, the interpretation of which is going f to depend on your opinion, but at the end it’s just a sad bunch of losers who couldn’t even keep it together and are responsible for at least one person’s death. And yes, I’m glad nobody else has been hurt at the time I write this.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22179
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:31 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.


That’s a strange thought—commies and fascist embrace government as the necessary tool in their quest to control the populace. Reagan Republicans see government as a necessary, but limited, means to establish order for the preservation of liberty. People form governments to protect their rights from the likes of commies and fascists, government doesn’t create people or society.


I don't want to derail the thread too much but from what I have seen of Reagan Republicans, they seem to be on par with "commies" and "fascists" in that they keep making the government bigger and bigger and bigger for the preservation of what they believe is liberty. There are parts of government that should be limited or go altogether. But this notion by Reagan Republicans that the Bible should be law and Reagan Republicans wanting more and more police and military is creeping into the "government controlling the populace".
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 pm

I've been reading more as events are reported this morning. There's been over 30 arrests from people who refuse to leave the scene. Some of the more prominent CHOP "leaders" are not among them...how cute.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.


That’s a strange thought—commies and fascist embrace government as the necessary tool in their quest to control the populace. Reagan Republicans see government as a necessary, but limited, means to establish order for the preservation of liberty. People form governments to protect their rights from the likes of commies and fascists, government doesn’t create people or society.


I don't want to derail the thread too much but from what I have seen of Reagan Republicans, they seem to be on par with "commies" and "fascists" in that they keep making the government bigger and bigger and bigger for the preservation of what they believe is liberty. There are parts of government that should be limited or go altogether. But this notion by Reagan Republicans that the Bible should be law and Reagan Republicans wanting more and more police and military is creeping into the "government controlling the populace".

Indeed. Neal Boortz, whom I take with a grain of salt, had a great quote about this: "Republicans want to grow the government just a bit slower than the Democrats."
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3763
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 pm

luckyone wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.

And I think you’re being kind. She is a fraudulent opportunistic leech, or clinically insane.

:checkmark: She's a raving lunatic who I hope gets booted off the council in the very near future. I think she has finally crossed the line this time and will get a well-deserved comeuppance.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:08 pm

ER757 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
This leftist (me, and all of my leftist Seattle friends) think Sawant is a commie. (socialists want to nationalize, she just wants to kill off all the Kulaks and appropriate their assets) The message of CHOP both to Reagan Republicans and commies (also fascists) is that government is not the problem, it is a necessary part of social order.

And I think you’re being kind. She is a fraudulent opportunistic leech, or clinically insane.

:checkmark: She's a raving lunatic who I hope gets booted off the council in the very near future. I think she has finally crossed the line this time and will get a well-deserved comeuppance.

It will be interesting to see how her behavior during all this plays out during her next election. She almost lost the last one, but people have short memories. I'd be curious if Jenny Durkan has the ability to--how did Nixon put it?--ratf*** her with her connections as a former US Attorney. I can't say I'd be above it.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 am

luckyone wrote:
I've been reading more as events are reported this morning. There's been over 30 arrests from people who refuse to leave the scene. Some of the more prominent CHOP "leaders" are not among them...how cute.


This is how “liberal protests” always work. Those in charge know how to stay out of fire. And overall - this is why.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sea ... lion-house

Apparently, our protesters just happened to have come by the wrong house.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 am

luckyone wrote:
SPD reportedly clearing the area. High time, too. Thirteen have been arrested so far.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... test-zone/

Mayor Durkan has also formally requested the City Council investigate Kshama Sawant (high time if you ask me). Ms. Sawant needs to tread very lightly, and the Council needs to take this seriously as Mayor Durkan has a lot of connections as a former US Attorney.


Isn't Durkan the one who encouraged Chaz/Chop and said it would be the summer of love?
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:50 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
luckyone wrote:
SPD reportedly clearing the area. High time, too. Thirteen have been arrested so far.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... test-zone/

Mayor Durkan has also formally requested the City Council investigate Kshama Sawant (high time if you ask me). Ms. Sawant needs to tread very lightly, and the Council needs to take this seriously as Mayor Durkan has a lot of connections as a former US Attorney.


Isn't Durkan the one who encouraged Chaz/Chop and said it would be the summer of love?

She stupidly said that for about the first two days, and about that time a lot of people walked through to check it out because people like to rubber neck. Then perhaps someone reminded her how the actual summer of love ended. She started calling for people to clear out a little over a week ago and removing some of the outer barriers earlier this week. But yes, she did try to compare it to the summer of love. Whether that means she encouraged it not, was just trying to keep calm, or it was part of her spar with Trump, is debatable.
Last edited by luckyone on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Seattle's "CHOP" Zone to be Dismantled

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 am

anrec80 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
I've been reading more as events are reported this morning. There's been over 30 arrests from people who refuse to leave the scene. Some of the more prominent CHOP "leaders" are not among them...how cute.


This is how “liberal protests” always work. Those in charge know how to stay out of fire. And overall - this is why.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sea ... lion-house

Apparently, our protesters just happened to have come by the wrong house.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Maybe. But that really was a stupid move because her house is under a set of legal protections. I’m inclined to give the mayor a bit of slack on this one. Nothing she did would have been the right move. I very much feel for the residents of Capitol Hill. I wouldn’t have wanted this mess in my neighborhood, though I strongly suspect that my more conservative neighborhood wouldn’t have tolerated it even to the point of some people in Capitol Hill, which is traditionally characterized by a strong “activist” element that loves ideas just enough to be able to talk about them. Should the mayor act too early and there would have been a lot more than two people dead from CHOP. She gave them just enough rope to hang themselves.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aeromoe, alberchico, Alias1024, Boston92, EIBPI, FGITD, Newark727, skyservice_330, Tugger, WingsFan and 33 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos