Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Wildfires in Arizona

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 am

About a dozen wildfires in Arizona have burned about 400,000 acres across the state and the southeast portion has been hit particularly hard. Only about halfway through the year, fires have burned more land in Arizona than all but two years since 2002 and is the first time since 2011 that multiple historic sized fires have burned simultaneously. Nearly half of the acreage is from the Bush Fire blazing in the Tonto National Park just north of Phoenix. The Bush fire started on June 13 and has burned 186,848 acres so far, is the fifth largest in Arizona history with 61 percent containment, and the largest blaze that is raging in the United States. That fire was started from a vehicle and led to nearby areas being evacuated until Sunday morning. Meanwhile, the Bighorn Fire is the second fastest growing fire in Arizona with 58,533 acres burned and is the most destructive of any fire in the state with 18.2 million dollars in damage. The Magnum Fire is the second biggest fire in Arizona and the United States at this time and has burned over 71,000 acres in Coconino County in Northern Arizona and caused havoc for visitors trying to get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That blaze has destroyed four structures and has forced road closures on Highway 89A and State Route 67 to Grand Canyon National Park, which take visitors to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It is a very historic event that is unprecedented in wildfire history for the state of Arizona.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 44974.html
 
Insertnamehere
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:23 am

They have more than sand and retirees in Arizona?
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 3477
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:50 am

How will this affect the single mums working from home can earn everyday with one single trick? Maybe add a list of the 10 worst wildfires.

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
 
TSS
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:40 am

flipdewaf wrote:
How will this affect the single mums working from home can earn everyday with one single trick? Maybe add a list of the 10 worst wildfires.


I'm guessing at least six of the remaining nine worst wildfires will have occurred in or around Los Angeles. Most desert flora such as is found in LA, Arizona, etc. ignites easily and burns both fast and hot, so this isn't really a surprise.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 pm

TSS wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
How will this affect the single mums working from home can earn everyday with one single trick? Maybe add a list of the 10 worst wildfires.


I'm guessing at least six of the remaining nine worst wildfires will have occurred in or around Los Angeles. Most desert flora such as is found in LA, Arizona, etc. ignites easily and burns both fast and hot, so this isn't really a surprise.

What do you personally know about the fires currently taking place in Arizona?
 
TSS
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
TSS wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
How will this affect the single mums working from home can earn everyday with one single trick? Maybe add a list of the 10 worst wildfires.


I'm guessing at least six of the remaining nine worst wildfires will have occurred in or around Los Angeles. Most desert flora such as is found in LA, Arizona, etc. ignites easily and burns both fast and hot, so this isn't really a surprise.


What do you personally know about the fires currently taking place in Arizona?


Only what I read in the linked story, plus information gleaned from a lifelong general interest in all things desert related.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Wildfires in Arizona

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:50 pm

TSS wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
TSS wrote:

I'm guessing at least six of the remaining nine worst wildfires will have occurred in or around Los Angeles. Most desert flora such as is found in LA, Arizona, etc. ignites easily and burns both fast and hot, so this isn't really a surprise.


What do you personally know about the fires currently taking place in Arizona?


Only what I read in the linked story, plus information gleaned from a lifelong general interest in all things desert related.

That fire is certainly historic and definitely making things harder in a state already dealing with a huge increase in COVID-19 cases.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos