Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

marcelh

Re: It's back! F1 2020 Season

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Grizzly410 wrote:
Hamilton was nowhere Friday and Saturday, then comes a tricky Sunday and he's right there to deliver a perfect drive.
Incredible driver !!

Worst driver of the day? I see 3 contenders...
Verstappen for losing a huge win opportunity ?
Bottas for his poor race
Latifi, at that point that's embarrassing

Disappointed for Ocon, hit twice in the first lap and an extra pit stop ruined his race. He doesn't have any luck on his side this season.

Most disappointing driver in the race was Max Verstappen. Bottas was just himself, not able to make
the difference. And Latifi is the best example that money is more important than driving skills. Unbelievable he will be driving next year and Perez probably won’t....

T4thH

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:17 pm

Horror accident....Seems Grojean is out fine.
Last edited by T4thH on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

petertenthije

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:32 pm

T4thH wrote:

Looks like it. At least he can still walk and is in the doctor’s car now. Also now being reported that no bystanders/officials where hit.

Imagine this crash happening even just a few years ago. He’d certainly be dead by now. The advances made in F1 safety are incredible.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

andz

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Good job the medical car was following the pack as they do on the first lap, they were first on scene with fire extinguishers.

Could have been so much worse.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

marcelh

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:35 pm

petertenthije wrote:
T4thH wrote:

Looks like it. At least he can still walk and is in the doctor’s car now. Also now being reported that no bystanders/officials where hit.

Imagine this crash happening even just a few years ago. He’d certainly be dead by now. The advances made in F1 safety are incredible.

The halo saved his live.

petertenthije

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:35 pm

The first bootleg footage can be found on twitter.
No audio and mirrored, presumably for copyright,

https://twitter.com/ESdiario_com/status ... 3578280963
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Lord Flashheart, 1989

petertenthije

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Race on hold for at least 45 minutes.
Lord Flashheart, 1989

T4thH

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Miracle, that he has survived only as it seems with light burnings at hands and ankle. It is unbelievable, the site rail has broken on impact, the cockpit broke through the 3 side rails (the middle one fails) and the side rails had cut the cockpit of the back half. That Grojean has not been beheaded and was not stuck in the wreck in the fire (the fire crews were there fast, but seems not to have done a good job), instead got out so fast by himself unharmed out of the fire..miracle
EDIT: To be fair, one of both fire men has failed. one of the first both has emptied the fire extinguisher from too far distance, the other one did an excellent job, he went more or less into the fire, to fight it.
Last edited by T4thH on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Virtual737

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Suspected broken ribs. Almost unbelievable he survived at all. Incredible.

T4thH

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:00 pm

100% sure, without HALO, he would be dead. What for a fire hell. He has lost one shoe. Burnings at hands and one ankle. Broken ribs.
https://twitter.com/Luke_Elvy/status/1333062800189452288?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Also big luck, no one else was hurt/killed. There was enough staff behind the side rails, pure luck, no one behind was hit, when the side rails have failed and the parts broke through.

T4thH

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:44 pm

What the hell....restart and next serious accident, Stroll has rolled over. Stroll seems to be fine, he is out.
HALO is hard working today.

TheF15Ace

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:48 pm

If anyone missed/wants to see Grosjean getting out of the car, proper video is out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CILuVCsjKhv/

PHLspecial

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Seriously unbelieve 5 years ago a driver can't survive this. That Halo save Romain. Without the marshals acting quickly the burns could have been so much worse. Shocking to see a car spilt in half

ltbewr

Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:40 pm

I would be very concerned about that guard rail set up is, in USA racing we have cushioned/crushable barriers to absorb the energy before a wall/metal guardrail in such spots.

scbriml
Topic Author

Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Wow, Romain is a very lucky boy. He looked pretty shaken up when he was sat in the medical car. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery, but that was probably his last F1 drive.

PHLspecial wrote:
That Halo save Romain.

marcelh wrote:
The halo saved his live.

It probably did. His onboard footage will be of immense help in analysing exactly what happened and how a repeat can be prevented. I'm half surprised the complete onboard hasn't appeared online yet.

T4thH wrote:
What the hell....restart and next serious accident, Stroll has rolled over. Stroll seems to be fine, he is out.
HALO is hard working today.

To be honest, that's a pretty standard, low-speed incident. Low risk of serious injury in an incident like that.

ltbewr wrote:
I would be very concerned about that guard rail set up is

Armco is pretty standard in F1, especially on a street circuit like Monaco. It's really designed to absorb more of a side-on impact, certainly not a high speed front-on as we had here - I don't think it was an unreasonable choice for that location on the track as a front-on impact would have been perceived as very unlikely. That said, I expect we'll now see Tecpro in front of Armco wherever space allows (as it would have in this specific location, but not in most of Monaco).

Given he hit it front-on at high speed, it looks as though the front of the car (including Grosjean) whent between two strips of Armco. Apparently the main fuel cell wasn't compromised and while the explosion was dramatic, some have suggested it was only 2-3 litres of fuel from the feeder tank. Seeing the back half of the car completely ripped off was pretty shocking.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

scbriml
Topic Author

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Some pictures which show just how lucky Grosjean is...

Source: https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... ter-a-.jpg

After being removed from the barier:
Source: https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... reckag.jpg

What was ripped off in the collision:
Source: https://d3cm515ijfiu6w.cloudfront.net/w ... an-PA2.jpg
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

jetwet1

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes car design has come a long way in the last 10 years, but to see him jump out of that car is still amazing in my eyes.

moo

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:27 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I would be very concerned about that guard rail set up is, in USA racing we have cushioned/crushable barriers to absorb the energy before a wall/metal guardrail in such spots.

The US GP track at the Circuit of the Americas has plenty of un-cushioned armco in similar situations - see the left hand side on the pit straight (and indeed at the start of the straight after the runoff area for the final corner) and the right hand side after pit exit in the image here: https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/site ... OTA-36.jpg

Kent350787

Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:30 pm

scbriml wrote:
Given he hit it front-on at high speed, it looks as though the front of the car (including Grosjean) whent between two strips of Armco. Apparently the main fuel cell wasn't compromised and while the explosion was dramatic, some have suggested it was only 2-3 litres of fuel from the feeder tank. Seeing the back half of the car completely ripped off was pretty shocking.

That makes sense - the fireball was really shocking in this day and age. I've watched a lot of nasty accidents in my 40 years or so of following F1, but few as dramatic as this one recently. I'm sure there's be some rethinking of making armco safer.

There's a video around of Grosjean in his hospital bed with his hands in infalatble dressings to protect the burns, but he's smiling and talking well enough.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

CollegeAviator

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 am

Grosjean said he was against the halo a few years ago in the video from his hospital, before admitting it's what saved his life. Scary stuff - it was the longest couple of minutes waiting to see confirmation of him being okay. Seen some pretty high impact crashes recently (Kimi in Silverstone 2014, Alonso in Australia 2016, Leclerc and Stroll in the consecutive races over at Monza and Mugello) - but jeez those flames!

Still not quite sure why Sky Sports had Karun Chandhok do a full analysis of the incident to fill in time...

So happy to see Grosjean walk away from this - even if this may well have been his last race in Formula One (although they've said he doesn't have any broken ribs after the initial speculation).

Pretty bad of the marshal running across the track later in the race to take care of Perez's stranded car at the end there though...

PHLspecial

Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:40 pm

CollegeAviator wrote:
Grosjean said he was against the halo a few years ago in the video from his hospital, before admitting it's what saved his life. Scary stuff - it was the longest couple of minutes waiting to see confirmation of him being okay. Seen some pretty high impact crashes recently (Kimi in Silverstone 2014, Alonso in Australia 2016, Leclerc and Stroll in the consecutive races over at Monza and Mugello) - but jeez those flames!

Still not quite sure why Sky Sports had Karun Chandhok do a full analysis of the incident to fill in time...

So happy to see Grosjean walk away from this - even if this may well have been his last race in Formula One (although they've said he doesn't have any broken ribs after the initial speculation).

Pretty bad of the marshal running across the track later in the race to take care of Perez's stranded car at the end there though...

Yesterday's race was straight from the 70s.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:53 am

Lewis to miss next race because he's Covid positive.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sp ... g-13675314
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Reinhardt

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:38 am

Pretty sure Vandoorne will race in his place. He was due to fly to Bahrain today anyway.

The problem with the barriers at this exact part of the straight was that there is a service road. But unlike most service roads that run parallel with the straight, and therefore do not have to have a jutting out barrier this does. The service road goes into the straight at an angle, therefore the barrier is at an angle. It reduces the run off space available, compared to just 10m prior to where Grosjean hit and it's the same design barrier as on the straight. So it's not designed for any angled or direct head on impact.

If you have an angle of barrier like that, despite the fact it's on a straight, you should have a tyre barrier infront of it at the least. Bahrain is a modern circuit though- I think the design is wrong in this section and they should rebuild the service road entrance. If he hit a straight barrier with the angle he went off, I don't think the nose would have punctured and broke the car in two, or caused the fire.

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Lewis to miss next race because he's Covid positive.

Imagehttps://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/lewis-hamilton-to-miss-bahrain

That's very good, but why is Nico wearing someone else's hands?
Nothing to see here; move along please.

scbriml
Topic Author

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Reinhardt wrote:
Pretty sure Vandoorne will race in his place.

Hopefully he will, otherwise there doesn’t seem much point in having a nominated reserve driver.

marcelh

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:56 am

PHLspecial wrote:
CollegeAviator wrote:

Yesterday's race was straight from the 70s.

Fortunately without the deaths...

marcelh

Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 am

scbriml wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

Hopefully he will, otherwise there doesn’t seem much point in having a nominated reserve driver.

He won't, but Russell will: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-george-russell-to-replace-hamilton-at-mercedes-for-sakhir-grand.5vMOKRppSzFMz7RZzdzmxs.html

scbriml
Topic Author

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:56 am

marcelh wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

He won't, but Russell will: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-george-russell-to-replace-hamilton-at-mercedes-for-sakhir-grand.5vMOKRppSzFMz7RZzdzmxs.html

Yes, I just saw that. I’m delighted for Russell and I wonder if he’ll drive in Abu Dhabi as well? I believe Russell’s talent is being masked by a poor Williams car. I can’t wait to see what he can do.

Reinhardt

Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:39 am

Completely agree. Despite not scoring a point yet (which most his detractors bang on about), he has out qualified every teamate, and is clearly a huge talent. Many have touted him as a potential world champion one day. He just needs the opportunity to show it. And this is clearly that opportunity. Good luck to him!

In other news Mazapin + Schumacher are confirmed at Haas for next year.

Mazepin has done a lot better in GP2 recently, but there are other more worthy drivers who should have that seat imo (e.g illot). It's clearly a money thing and that is never good for F1.
Schumacher, well that's completely deserved, but having two rookies at a team that is massively struggling to get a car working and is going backwards in terms of development? I really don't think that's a good idea. If Perez was a remote possibility (if Perez saw it as a project, something he could really see as a longer term thing) and he would have bought money, then Haas should have had a split second decision to say yes. But I think Perez wants more than Haas, and who can blame him at this stage of his career. It's honestly a joke it looks like he will be leaving, and Mazepin + Stroll + Latifi get drives.

zkojq

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:26 am

Grizzly410 wrote:
Disappointed for Ocon, hit twice in the first lap and an extra pit stop ruined his race. He doesn't have any luck on his side this season.

I'm still unspeakably angry about this - especially how they didn't even investigate Bottas coming out of nowhere and punting Ocon off in the later stages of the opening lap. It's just really poor form.

Nice to have a race when you genuinely don't know who's going to win it for once.

scbriml wrote:
Arguably Hamilton’s best drive of his career in a car that clearly wasn’t the fastest all weekend.

Do tell us which was the fastest car all weekend....

petertenthije wrote:

Very scary and the first time watching F1 in my life when I thought I'd see someone killed live on air. Hopefully this puts to bed all the opposition to the Halo. Remember all those people who said they were going to boycott the sport in opposition to it?

andz wrote:
Good job the medical car was following the pack as they do on the first lap, they were first on scene with fire extinguishers.

:checkmark: I'm wondering if there should be also a fire car doing exactly the same. We saw that with three extinguishers the fire couldn't be suppressed in the time Romain needed to climb out,. Dr Roberts didn't have a fully enclosed helmet so really couldn't go any closer without an enormous risk of becoming a casualty himself. If Romain had been knocked unconscious it seems unlikely that the fire could be controlled in time to save his life. Surely something worth looking into.

TheF15Ace wrote:
If anyone missed/wants to see Grosjean getting out of the car, proper video is out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CILuVCsjKhv/

Truly the stuff of nightmares. I felt sick watching that and I really hoped that Romain's kids didn't see that video at all.

CollegeAviator wrote:

Absolutely though I can understand that they probably had the footage of Romain's crash at the top of their mind which might condition them into thinking that Perez might be in similar danger given the flames engulfing his car....just imagine if Lando was making an adjustment on his steering wheel though - could potentially have been a second person dead.

I'm not going to blame the FIA for this specific incident but overall there has been a really shocking amount of safety violations this year:

- Leclerc doing multiple laps in Barcelona with his seatbelt being undone. No investigations nor consequences.
- Kvyat doing the same at Portugal (?).
- tractor/crane still being on track in a dangerous position when Q2 started in Turkey (IIRC - could have been Imola).
- marshals being on track at dangerous spots whilst cars are passing at high speed on multiple occasions.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/23/lon ... ar-misses/

scbriml wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

I feel really bad for him - very harshly snubbed.
First to fly the 787-9

TheF15Ace

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Grosjean back at Sakhir meeting Dr Ian Roberts, Medical Car Driver Alan van der Merwe, firefighters Joby Mathew and Thaer Ali Taher.

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1 ... 89/photo/1

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1 ... 81/photo/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRDWL39 ... l=FORMULA1

scbriml
Topic Author

Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 am

Unsurprisingly, given the very short lap at Sakhir, qualifying was very close (top 10 separated by less than 1s), but pretty much the same as usual with a Mercedes 1-2. A very impressive debut for Mercedes by Russell to finish just 0.026 behind Bottas in an unfamiliar and uncomfortable car. I wonder if that discomfort will be an issue in an 87 lap race? Verstappen very close in 3rd, just 0.03 behind Russell. Leclerc did very well to drag that horrible Ferrari to 4th, but he might be a mobile roadblock in the race. Other new boys Aitken and Fittipaldi start at the back split by a poor performance from Raikkonen.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/latest

Virtual737

Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:27 am

In other news, Renault have won their request to run Fernando Alonso in the 1 day of "Young Driver Testing" that is supposed to be reserved for drivers with no more than 2 F1 starts. Fernando is 3rd on the list of most starts in F1 history with 311, which puts him just slightly over.... 2

Renault said "made in recognition of our commitment to young drivers throughout junior motorsport and to Fernando's own dedication to furthering the careers of young talents", which sounds a bit like "thank you for letting me go on the fox hunt and in so doing recognising all that I've done for animal rights".

T18

Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:30 pm

Mercedes looked like Ferrari there at the end. They managed to snatch defeat from the claws a victory on that one.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

marcelh

Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:42 pm

Why does Bottas still occupy a seat? He is lucky to drive the best car, but he has shown he is just a mediocre driver.
And Russell.... at least some points

B777LRF

Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:19 pm

Fantastic win for Checo, well done and fully deserved having fought his way back up from 18th following the first lap shunt. A shunt where Leclerc showed, once again, he can't be trusted and Verstappen did much the same. Applying power that far off the black bit in an effort not to lose too much time was an idiotic move unfitting of a driver with that much experience under his belt.

And if anyone needed any further proof that the car is 90% of victory, it was there today for all to see. It's my contention that 19 out of the 20 drivers on the grid would have commanded the same position as Russell until the pit stuffed it up, were they to find themselves in a Merc. He proved to be better than Bottas, yes, but that's close to being the weakest yardstick to measure yourself against. Kudos to him for not making a mess of it, but that's about as far as it goes; he didn't do anything nearly anyone else on the grid could do in that car.
Last edited by B777LRF on Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature. You just read one.

T4thH

Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:20 pm

marcelh wrote:
Why does Bottas still occupy a seat? He is lucky to drive the best car, but he has shown he is just a mediocre driver.

Perhaps he is still a good second driver of a team, to do the job, the second driver has to do, if a team has a first driver to win the championship?
He is still good enough, to win for his team the Constructor Championship, good enough, to win regular the second place, get the second place in the driver championship for Mercedes, does not destroy his car all two or three races, is according, to support the further development of the car, so he is a good test driver for his team; the driving behavior is comparable to this of Hamilton, so he is able to support the first driver, Hamilton, so a good test driver for Hamilton; as same driving behavior, Mercedes has only to construct "one car" for their two drivers (and not two as Ferrari) and so on,...

And it is stupid for a team, two have two of the best drivers in one team (as example Senna and Prost), this is just expensive and a team can only win one driver championship and one constructor championship....and they regular kick each other out of the race, as seen again and again before....

TheFlyingDisk

Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:40 pm

marcelh wrote:

Because he's not a threat to Hamilton. Remember the last time Hamilton had a teammate that's just as capable as him? It almost ended in an explosive manner.

B777LRF wrote:
And if anyone needed any further proof that the car is 90% of victory, it was there today for all to see. It's my contention that 19 out of the 20 drivers on the grid would have commanded the same position as Russell until the pit stuffed it up, were they to find themselves in a Merc. He proved to be better than Bottas, yes, but that's close to being the weakest yardstick to measure yourself against. Kudos to him for not making a mess of it, but that's about as far as it goes; he didn't do anything nearly anyone else on the grid could do in that car.

Indeed. Sure takes the edge of all the proclamation about Hamilton being the GOAT of F1, really.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

scbriml
Topic Author

Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:34 pm

Delighted for Perez. Unbelievable to think he might not have an F1 drive next season. From last to race winner in a hectic, madcap race. Brilliant!

Gutted for Russell. He did nothing wrong and showed he will be a driver to be reckoned with in a decent car. Mercedes had a mega brain fart with those pit stops. Even after that, Russell might have still won but for a puncture. His head must be spinning a bit after that.

Bottas - oh dear. A race you needed to stamp your authority on and you failed. He should be very thankful he already has that 2021 drive at Mercedes signed, but I can't see him keeping Russell out of the team in 2022.

Verstappen probably lost a comfortable race win - all he had to do was follow Bottas around and the race would have fallen into his lap. He was oddly indecisive a couple of times before he drove straight into the wall.

Leclerc is making too many mistakes. I expect he's really trying too hard, but a big lock-up caused the collision with Perez ( but Perez might have left a bit more space, but probably felt he was far enough ahead of Leclerc to take the racing line. Leclerc hit with a three place grid penalty at the next race for causing the collision.

T4thH

Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 am

Really silly to see today, that the Mercedes crew has made a "Ferrari". Russel has made a great job in a superior car, was better than Bottas this weekend... And the Mercedes crew has lost the race.
OK, of course everyone has the right to have a bad day and the Mercedes team overall was better than most other teams this season (with some flaws); of the Mercedes team, the Mercedes pitcrew was more or less flawless this season... and have had a really bad day regarding the confusion with the wheels.

moo

Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Indeed. Sure takes the edge of all the proclamation about Hamilton being the GOAT of F1, really.

There are a whole slew of reasons why Hamilton is considered the way he is, for example he's won races in every single F1 season he's raced in - no other current driver on the grid, or planning to return next year, can say that.

art

Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 am

Commiserations to George Russell after a race-winning performance in an unfamiliar car. How unlucky can you get?

325i

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:45 am

Greetings Folks,
Mercedes pit "blue" is reminiscent of Red Bulls 2016 scruff up at Monte Carlo.wxill be interesting as too whether Hamilton turns up for the next race.Cheers 325i.
[

Newark727

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:01 am

I feel bad for Russell, that wasn't his fault. Did Mercedes even need to make that pit stop under the virtual safety car? Great to see Perez pull it out though.

marcelh

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 am

T4thH wrote:
marcelh wrote:

Perhaps he is still a good second driver of a team, to do the job, the second driver has to do, if a team has a first driver to win the championship?
He is still good enough, to win for his team the Constructor Championship, good enough, to win regular the second place, get the second place in the driver championship for Mercedes, does not destroy his car all two or three races, is according, to support the further development of the car, so he is a good test driver for his team; the driving behavior is comparable to this of Hamilton, so he is able to support the first driver, Hamilton, so a good test driver for Hamilton; as same driving behavior, Mercedes has only to construct "one car" for their two drivers (and not two as Ferrari) and so on,...

And it is stupid for a team, two have two of the best drivers in one team (as example Senna and Prost), this is just expensive and a team can only win one driver championship and one constructor championship....and they regular kick each other out of the race, as seen again and again before....

T18

Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Newark727 wrote:
I feel bad for Russell, that wasn't his fault. Did Mercedes even need to make that pit stop under the virtual safety car? Great to see Perez pull it out though.

Given how Bottas was swallowed alive on his Hards that were only off for 5 seconds, I think they needed to try and get new tires on him for sure. Russell likely could have been under a strong attack from behind as well, had the stops gone right we would likely have seen He and Bottas drive away from the pack again. Frankly with out the puncture I think Russell would have driven clear around Perez.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971