Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Revelation
Topic Author

US National Vote By Mail Day

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:07 pm

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/ ... 7861195787 says:

It's National Vote By Mail Day. Voting by mail is easy and safe. Take a few minutes to request your vote-by-mail ballot, then get your family and friends to do the same. Request your ballot early, send it back early, and fill it out carefully. Get started: http://votesaveamerica.com/everylastvote/

Seems like a low-stress way to take care of one's obligation. I think I'll give it a go. How about you?
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

stl07

Re: US National Vote By Mail Day

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:13 pm

We don't have them
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

T18

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Low stress?
Stamps/Postage are very stressful my dude. Why else would stamps.com make money /sarcasm
;)
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

einsteinboricua

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:19 pm

I voted already for the WA primary. Instead of dropping it in the mailbox, I dropped it in the ballot drop box. The primary is next week though. Easiest way to vote :)
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Revelation
Topic Author

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:35 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I voted already for the WA primary. Instead of dropping it in the mailbox, I dropped it in the ballot drop box. The primary is next week though. Easiest way to vote :)

Makes sense to me. In my case there's always a queue even if I go during off hours, then I have to sit in that funny booth and go through the ballot. Seems nicer to stay at home, read through the ballot at my leisure and drop it in a USPS mail box or even use my own street side mailbox.

stl07 wrote:
We don't have them

That's unfortunate. The tweet above shows who does:

Will be interesting to see if more states go "all mail" in the future.

casinterest

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:38 pm

We have large enough early voting days here so i don't need a mail in ballot. However residents of Rural counties do need these. Especially in the GOP controlled states that have cut ballot locations.
Where ever you go, there you are.

stl07

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Interesting that almost every state that doesn't have them is traditionally either known as a red or a blue state. It is almost as if those in power want only the few to vote who traditionally kept them in power
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

ltbewr

Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:02 pm

The primary election in NJ was only by vote by mail of party specific registration. I hope that the November election will also be all mail voting in my state. The pandemic will still be in full throttle and a need to limit exposure to Covid-19 not just to voters bur election poll workers, but also those that work or use the site of polls, often schools and other government properties. There will also need to have many millions in my state to assure secure, proper and prompt processing of mail ballots.

CarlosSi

Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:27 pm

What's this "excuse only" crap?! Hell yeah there's an excuse for anybody to vote by mail.

Actually looks like those are normal rules for MIV.

Anybody should be able to use the excuse "prevent spread of COVID". Assuming many are going to be doing that now, I don't know if there's confirmation their vote was received, and if they'll be able to revote if their vote was never cast.

Hopefully (hopefully) the virus will be less of a threat in November, fingers crossed.

Revelation
Topic Author

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:01 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
What's this "excuse only" crap?! Hell yeah there's an excuse for anybody to vote by mail.

Anybody should be able to use the excuse "prevent spread of COVID". Assuming many are going to be doing that now, I don't know if there's confirmation their vote was received, and if they'll be able to revote if their vote was never cast.

Hopefully (hopefully) the virus will be less of a threat in November, fingers crossed.

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Absentee ... k-35418147 says everyone in NH gets to use COVID-19 as an excuse this year. I hope they figure out doing this is more efficient in the long run.

The same article describes how registered voters can vote:

Getting the ballots for the primary and general election requires a somewhat complicated back-and-forth of letters. First, you’re going to need to apply to your town offices to request them. You can drive by at any time from July 27 onward and send in that application yourself. Or you can do it by mail.

To get the ballot mailed to you, you’ll need to either print out an application for the ballot or request it to be sent to you by calling your town. That application will include a checkbox saying “I will be entitled to vote by absentee ballot because… I am unable to vote in person due to concern for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).”

Check the relevant boxes, send the application back or drop it off yourself, and eventually your town will mail you the ballots for the elections you’re voting in.

It's actually easier than this in my town.

I downloaded an PDF that I was able to fill in electronically, and e-mailed it to the town clerk. Then once I get the ballot in the mail:

Complete your ballot by following the instructions carefully and filling in the ovals thoroughly. Make sure to pay attention to the question; some races will allow you to choose more than one candidate but not over a set number.

Once you vote, you should seal it up. Your absentee ballot will include two envelopes. The smaller one will contain your ballot itself: the anonymous tally of your decisions that won’t be opened until Election Day itself. Put your ballot in there and keep it safe until you can mail it.

The outside of the smaller envelope has a printed affidavit that you must fill out to attest that you qualify to vote absentee. Fill it out, put the envelope into the larger envelope, add your name, address and voting place to the outside, and mail the ballot back to the town. The Secretary of State’s office says that return postage will be prepaid, though the details of that have not yet been announced.

So it won't cost me a penny and will take less time than driving to my ballot location. I can drop it off in a USPS mail box that I pass on my way to buy groceries or I can just use my own mailbox.

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:54 pm

Revelation wrote:
Your absentee ballot will include two envelopes. The smaller one will contain your ballot itself: the anonymous tally of your decisions that won’t be opened until Election Day itself. Put your ballot in there and keep it safe until you can mail it.

The outside of the smaller envelope has a printed affidavit that you must fill out to attest that you qualify to vote absentee. Fill it out, put the envelope into the larger envelope, add your name, address and voting place to the outside, and mail the ballot back to the town.

:redflag: "add your name, address and voting place to the outside" :redflag:

No!

Voting place, that's ok.

Name & address on the outside where it is visible. No, No, and thrice No! :shakehead:

But the rest of it is great. :bigthumbsup:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

T18

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Your absentee ballot will include two envelopes. The smaller one will contain your ballot itself: the anonymous tally of your decisions that won’t be opened until Election Day itself. Put your ballot in there and keep it safe until you can mail it.

The outside of the smaller envelope has a printed affidavit that you must fill out to attest that you qualify to vote absentee. Fill it out, put the envelope into the larger envelope, add your name, address and voting place to the outside, and mail the ballot back to the town.

No!

Voting place, that's ok.

Name & address on the outside where it is visible. No, No, and thrice No! :shakehead:

You know about return addresses right?
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

rfields5421

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:46 am

My first 'Vote by Mail' was in 1972. Just could not make it from Danang, Vietnam to the polls in Arkansas. I would have LOVED to be in Arkansas that day rather than Vietnam.

Generally, I've voted by mail almost always since. Twice while I was living and working in the Dallas area, I got sent out of town for a rush job one or two days before voting day. Did not get to vote in 1986 or 2000 presidential elections. Because they did not have early voting them.

Frankly I find any restrictions on when, where and how a person can vote downright unAmerican and against the principles upon which this country is based/ was founded. A set voting day and restrictions on hours was a process setup to LIMIT the number of people voting. To keep the people in power, still in power. The national voting day of a Tuesday was established to keep the incumbents in Congress from having to face too many potentially unhappy voters. Several states had voting on Saturday or Sunday at the time, with bigger turnouts.

In person voting is no more secure or fraud proof than mail-in-voting. Most documented cases of fraud involve in-person voting.

Now Texas allows me to send in an Annual form to request all ballots by mail for absentee voting. Being over age 65 is enough reason. I'm very seldom in my voting district anyway. Some years, I never go there. We are old retired farts, and lucky enough to have the health and a little money to travel a bit. In a 6 year old travel trailer, 365 days per year.
Not all who wander are lost.

TWA772LR

Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 am

When I lived in Texas, I had to request an absentee ballot online through the county. Now I live in Colorado and I opted for mail-in ballots when I got my CO driver's license. Nice and easy.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

seb146

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:53 pm

When we lived in California, we voted by mail. I did not put my ballot through the mail but, rather, I took it to the registrar of voters directly. They have three places where ballots can be dropped. Now that I am back in Oregon, same thing. We can bypass the whole "vote by mail is a scam" narrative set out there by the right wing media.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

SheikhDjibouti

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:21 pm

T18 wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I do.
But we are talking about voting by post, and the need for secrecy. and that is not compatible with existing regulations requiring return addresses.

Something has to give.

You do realize why, don't you?

bhill

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm

CarlosSi wrote:

WA State has a website that you can check to see if your vote was received. ANOTHER reason to allow vote by mail.
Carpe Pices

bhill

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:13 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Revelation wrote:

No!

Voting place, that's ok.

Uhh...why??? ANYONE'S mailing address is plainly available if you wish...remember the old phone books? And the return ballot envelopes in WA State have the return address blank...if someone is opening your mail and reading it, take that up with the Postmaster General...not the voting authorities.
Carpe Pices

bhill

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
T18 wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I do.
But we are talking about voting by post, and the need for secrecy. and that is not compatible with existing regulations requiring return addresses.

Something has to give.

You do realize why, don't you?

It IS secret....in WA State one inserts the ballot into a separate "secrecy envelope" then THAT is put into the postage paid return envelope. Have you even seen a mail in ballot?
Carpe Pices

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 pm

bhill wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
T18 wrote:

I do.

It IS secret....in WA State one inserts the ballot into a separate "secrecy envelope" then THAT is put into the postage paid return envelope. Have you even seen a mail in ballot?

Have I ever seen one? Yeah, just a few (,000), and most of them weren't even mine.

Unfortunately these ones didn't have a return address visible, so I couldn't work out which party would most benefit if I accidentally set fire to them.

But if you gave me a pile of ballot envelopes with the return address clearly visible, and cross-referenced them against a list of local Rep or Dem supporters, I could work out which ones to lose, and which ones to forward on, without opening a single envelope.

I have spent four decades supervising elections, and this is the easiest way to commit mass fraud I've come across, and I've seen a few tricks in my time.

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 pm

The GOP just needs to come out and say it "We want voting by mail for older white people, but not for anyone else." It's not like they'd face any consequences for admitting the obvious.
I don't take responsibility at all

bhill

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:05 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
bhill wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
I do.

Have I ever seen one? Yeah, just a few (,000), and most of them weren't even mine.

Unfortunately these ones didn't have a return address visible, so I couldn't work out which party would most benefit if I accidentally set fire to them.

But if you gave me a pile of ballot envelopes with the return address clearly visible, and cross-referenced them against a list of local Rep or Dem supporters, I could work out which ones to lose, and which ones to forward on, without opening a single envelope.

I have spent four decades supervising elections, and this is the easiest way to commit mass fraud I've come across, and I've seen a few tricks in my time.

And where would you get this list??? In some States you do not have to specify Party loyalty....which is dumb anyway. Again, in WA State...there is space to put your return address, but not required.
Carpe Pices

bhill

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
The GOP just needs to come out and say it "We want voting by mail for older white people, but not for anyone else." It's not like they'd face any consequences for admitting the obvious.

What they actually should come right and say is, "We do not want ANY voting by mail because we would lose, as this method is far to convenient for you to exercise your right to vote, remember, we do not like Big Government, but we will use ANY measure to regulate it...."
Carpe Pices

LMP737

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:53 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

Really? So how much time would this take? How long do think it would be before someone noticed your behavior? Conversely, what would stop you from say "losing" ballots at a normal polling station?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

LMP737

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:57 am

bhill wrote:

In Washington state there are also secure ballot drop off boxes you can use instead of putting it in the mail.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:00 pm

bhill wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

And where would you get this list??? In some States you do not have to specify Party loyalty....

Hell, I wouldn't want to live anyplace where you had to declare Party loyalty. :shakehead:

However, many people choose to let everyone know who they support. Bumper stickers and MAGA hats tend to be a good giveaway.

And you don't need to have a complete list, or anything close to it. All you need is to filter out 10% of the opposition voters, and that will swing the result in most states.

LMP737 wrote:
So how much time would this take? How long do think it would be before someone noticed your behavior?
See above; you don't need to eliminate every opposition vote.
As for someone noticing your behavior; that is exactly why many of the checks & balances exist - you are never left alone with a stack of voting slips. (well, in theory anyway... I could say more.... :twisted: )
What you need is to be in a position of modest authority, and have a willing accomplice as the "independent witness". Someone you've worked with for years, who shares your views. (it almost sounds like I might have been in that position myself.... ;) )

Conversely, what would stop you from say "losing" ballots at a normal polling station?
Oh, little things like... transparent ballot boxes, independent witnesses from both parties involved, and tamper-resistant closures. Those devices sealing the ballot boxes aren't regular cable-ties you know? They are all numbered, and extra heavy duty. However, there's also a way around that, two ways in fact, but they are my secrets, so don't ask.

:wave:

LMP737

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:11 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

See above; you don't need to eliminate every opposition vote.
As for someone noticing your behavior; that is exactly why many of the checks & balances exist - you are never left alone with a stack of voting slips. (well, in theory anyway... I could say more.... :twisted: )
What you need is to be in a position of modest authority, and have a willing accomplice as the "independent witness". Someone you've worked with for years, who shares your views. (it almost sounds like I might have been in that position myself.... ;) )

You seem to be contradicting yourself. First you say that all you have to do is look up who is a Rep or Dem supporter. However you did not explain how you were going to do this without someone noticing. Then you say that you're never alone with a stack of ballots, I've heard ballots refereed to as slips However the plot thickens, all you need is a willing co-conspirator. If I'm reading this correctly all you need to do is figure out who a person will have likely voted for, which you really haven't explained how you will accomplish this. In addition you need a willing co-conspirator who you hope won't drop a dime on you. If this individual is willing to go along with this both of you had better hope someone else does not ahppen to notice.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Oh, little things like... transparent ballot boxes, independent witnesses from both parties involved, and tamper-resistant closures. Those devices sealing the ballot boxes aren't regular cable-ties you know? They are all numbered, and extra heavy duty. However, there's also a way around that, two ways in fact, but they are my secrets, so don't ask.

Wouldn't these safe guards apply to absentee ballots too?

SheikhDjibouti

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:30 am

LMP737 wrote:
You seem to be contradicting yourself. First you say that all you have to do is look up who is a Rep or Dem supporter. However you did not explain how you were going to do this without someone noticing.
*sighs* You need access to an office without any windows, and a door that can be closed. Most government buildings have such things for those of us with a little seniority.
Putting it another way; this is not something you do in the middle of a corridor next to the coffee machine.

Then you say that you're never alone with a stack of ballots.
What I said was that such a system should be in place. But it doesn't always happen that way.

If I'm reading this correctly all you need to do is figure out who a person will have likely voted for, which you really haven't explained how you will accomplish this.
You don't 'spose the Dems and GOP have lists of people they can rely on, another list for those who will vote for the "enemy", and a third list of swing voters?

In addition you need a willing co-conspirator who you hope won't drop a dime on you.
You either trust them, or you don't proceed. You don't embark on this misadventure merely "hoping" they don't drop a dime on you; you gotta be 100% certain they are with you.

If this individual is willing to go along with this both of you had better hope someone else does not ahppen to notice.
Which is why you don't do it in an open office next to the coffee machine. (Didn't we do this already?)

Look here; with all due respect all you need to worry about is that I know how to cook the system, and I cannot be the only one.
Measures can be taken to reduce the risk, several of which I have already explained. Luckily for you, I'm an honest kind of guy. Besides, I really don't give a **** who gets in; most of the time they are just as bad as each other. Although Trump is something of a special case.

Wikipedia- Electoral Fraud wrote:
One of the simplest methods of electoral fraud is to destroy ballots for an opposing candidate or party. While mass destruction of ballots can be difficult to execute without drawing attention, in a very close election, it may be possible to destroy a very small number of ballot papers without detection,

Postal Ballot Fraud;
Types of fraud have included ....insiders changing or destroying ballots after they arrive

I'm done here. :wave:

LMP737

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:06 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

sighs* You need access to an office without any windows, and a door that can be closed. Most government buildings have such things for those of us with a little seniority.
Putting it another way; this is not something you do in the middle of a corridor next to the coffee machine.

That still does not explain how you are going to figure out someones party loyalty.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
You don't 'spose the Dems and GOP have lists of people they can rely on, another list for those who will vote for the "enemy", and a third list of swing voters?

Both parties do have a list, you as an expert should have already known this. They're called party members. Two problems you have here. One, most Americans are not card carrying members of either party. Two, I'm sure if you called over there wanting that list they would politely decline and then call the FBI. As for swing voters how are you going to know who is a swing voter?

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
You either trust them, or you don't proceed. You don't embark on this misadventure merely "hoping" they don't drop a dime on you; you gotta be 100% certain they are with you

Thanks for the chuckle. I wonder how many people are in prison right now because they though their co-conspirator was 100% with them. Except they were wearing a wire the whole time or their commitment was shaken when a federal agent was sitting across from them. When you think about it it's am really stupid reason to risk your freedom over a handful of votes. Dumb.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Look here; with all due respect all you need to worry about is that I know how to cook the system, and I cannot be the only one.
Measures can be taken to reduce the risk, several of which I have already explained. Luckily for you, I'm an honest kind of guy. Besides, I really don't give a **** who gets in; most of the time they are just as bad as each other. Although Trump is something of a special case.

That's the beauty of the internet, anyone can claim to be anything.

SheikhDjibouti

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 am

Must be a slow news day....
LMP737 wrote:
That still does not explain how you are going to figure out someones party loyalty.
Try reading back to several of my earlier posts (where I may have mentioned, amongst other things, bumper stickers)
(bumper sticker from 1976; thx wikipedia)

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
Both parties do have a list, you as an expert should have already known this.
"A list"? Just one? But I mentioned three! I guess that's because I'm an "expert". Oh wait, you didn't actually mean it as a compliment.
Anyways, I wonder if we are talking about different lists?
This one is called Franz.
thx wikipedia (again)

LMP737 wrote:
They're called party members. Two problems you have here. One, most Americans are not card carrying members of either party. Two, I'm sure if you called over there wanting that list they would politely decline and then call the FBI.
And the FBI would do what exactly? I'm seriously intrigued to know what offence is committed by just asking for something (and being politely declined). :scratchchin:
"Hey Marge; there's somebody suspicious at table 4; he's askin' for a list of ingredients for your special apple pie. Somebody call the Feds!"

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
You either trust them, or you don't proceed. You don't embark on this misadventure merely "hoping" they don't drop a dime on you; you gotta be 100% certain they are with you

LMP737 wrote:
Thanks for the chuckle. I wonder how many people are in prison right now because they though their co-conspirator was 100% with them.
Probably a lot fewer than those who thought their co-conspirator was 100% with them, and are now sunning themselves on a beach in the Cayman Islands. If you get away with it, not so dumb!

LMP737 wrote:
That's the beauty of the internet, anyone can claim to be anything.
Is that the best you've got?
p.s. I'm not even sure what you're claiming I've claimed to be. Or did I accidentally let slip that I'm a funambulist (retired)? :lol:

WarRI1

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:35 am

I voted by mail in the Primaries, and will do so in the National, very easy, no worries and a smart thing to do at my age, also my wife. I did not marry a younger woman.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

LMP737

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

Try reading back to several of my earlier posts (where I may have mentioned, amongst other things, bumper stickers)

I did read it. It was so ridiculous that I did not bother to respond to it. The only way you would know who that person is would be to follow them. When they stop and get out of their car, you could approach them and ask their name and where they live. Probably a very bad idea because that person is going to take an immediate defensive posture. Or you could follow them home and then figure out who lives at that house. They might notice that you are following them and once again take a defensive posture. See how ridiculous that sounds?

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
And the FBI would do what exactly? I'm seriously intrigued to know what offence is committed by just asking for something (and being politely declined). :scratchchin:"

It's called solicitation.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
"A list"? Just one? But I mentioned three! I guess that's because I'm an "expert". Oh wait, you didn't actually mean it as a compliment.
Anyways, I wonder if we are talking about different lists?

Lists that you have yet to explain how you are going to get a hold of. Or if they even exist, i.e. swing voters.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

Is that the best you've got?

I think it's pretty good because you can't refute it.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
p.s. I'm not even sure what you're claiming I've claimed to be. Or did I accidentally let slip that I'm a funambulist (retired)

I have not claimed to be anything on this thread. That would be you. Quite frankly I think you're a troll.

SheikhDjibouti

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 am

LMP737 wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I did read it. It was so ridiculous that I did not bother to respond to it. The only way you would know who that person is would be to follow them. When they stop and get out of their car, you could approach them and ask their name and where they live. Probably a very bad idea because that person is going to take an immediate defensive posture. Or you could follow them home and then figure out who lives at that house. They might notice that you are following them and once again take a defensive posture. See how ridiculous that sounds?
"The only way"? :lol:
It sounds ridiculous because you've made it ridiculous. I believe it's known as a strawman.

I suggest you take your dog for a walk down a few residential streets, and whilst you are there, casually note down that the car at #4130 has a bumper sticker on it, supporting candidate X. And the house at #4370 has a large placard in the window supporting Y. Kinda easier than your idea of tailing one vehicle, and then discover it heading all the way onto the Freeway and into the next state. :roll:

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
And the FBI would do what exactly? I'm seriously intrigued to know what offence is committed by just asking for something (and being politely declined). :scratchchin:"
LMP737 wrote:
It's called solicitation.
No it isn't; you need to brush up on your law.

LMP737 wrote:
I have not claimed to be anything on this thread. That would be you. Quite frankly I think you're a troll.
Wow, that's a convincing argument you got there.
I would stay and discuss it more, but it's nearly dawn here in Middle Earth, and according to legend, if I don't get below ground I will turn to stone. :wave:

LMP737

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

The only way"? :lol:
It sounds ridiculous because you've made it ridiculous. I believe it's known as a strawman.

I suggest you take your dog for a walk down a few residential streets, and whilst you are there, casually note down that the car at #4130 has a bumper sticker on it, supporting candidate X. And the house at #4370 has a large placard in the window supporting Y. Kinda easier than your idea of tailing one vehicle, and then discover it heading all the way onto the Freeway and into the next state.

So you are going to case neighborhoods to find out peoples political views? Then find out who lives there and then find their ballot in mail or in a ballot box on election night? And you are going to influence a national election this way? Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

No it isn't; you need to brush up on your law.

You're moving the goalposts now. What you said earlier was What you need is to be in a position of modest authority, and have a willing accomplice as the "independent witness". Someone you've worked with for years, who shares your views Sounds to me like you need someone who would be willing to commit a crime with you.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Wow, that's a convincing argument you got there.
I would stay and discuss it more, but it's nearly dawn here in Middle Earth, and according to legend, if I don't get below ground I will turn to stone

I noticed you could not refute what I said that people can claim to be anything on the net.

SheikhDjibouti

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:45 pm

LMP737 wrote:
So you are going to case neighborhoods to find out peoples political views?
This is exactly what happens in democracies all around the world. I don't know what you find so strange about this.
LMP737 wrote:
Then find out who lives there and then find their ballot in mail
You've got this back to front; the mail-in ballots find you (f you are in the right position); your task is to cross-check against the lists.
LMP737 wrote:
...or in a ballot box on election night?
Oh dear! You are trying so hard to make a point that you've forgotten what this thread is even about. :roll:
No, you absolutely do not/cannot find their ballot in a ballot box on election night.
LMP737 wrote:
Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.
For the second time; it sounds ridiculous because you've made it ridiculous.

LMP737 wrote:
You're moving the goalposts now. What you said earlier was What you need is to be in a position of modest authority, and have a willing accomplice as the "independent witness". Someone you've worked with for years, who shares your views Sounds to me like you need someone who would be willing to commit a crime with you.
A crime yes, but that isn't the reason you specified for calling the FBI. Go back and read your own words. The FBI don't have a crystal ball. So it's you who is moving the goalposts.

LMP737 wrote:
I noticed you could not refute what I said that people can claim to be anything on the net.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. You seem inordinately pleased by that! :scratchchin:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I only dispute things that are wrong.
Hence I see no reason to dispute your claim that people can claim to be anything on the net. After all, that includes you as well.

Aren't we done yet with this pointless discussion? :roll: