Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Trump Healthcare Plan Imminent

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Trump mentioned he'd be signing a healthcare plan in his interview with Chris Wallace, within two weeks. Well that interview was two weeks ago, so what do you think will be in this healthcare plan and when do you think we will see it?

"“We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health-care plan,” Trump pledged in a July 19 interview with “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
I don't take responsibility at all

Aaron747

Re: Trump Healthcare Plan Imminent

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Signing? What does that mean - as in a huge secret deal that both bodies of Congress are A-okay with? Signed, sealed, delivered? Oh my :lol:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Signing? What does that mean - as in a huge secret deal that both bodies of Congress are A-okay with? Signed, sealed, delivered? Oh my :lol:

“Full and complete”!

johns624

Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm

It'll be huge and the best ever!

seb146

Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Perhaps a free bottle of bleach with every purchase hydroxycloroquine (limits apply)?

IIRC, when ACA and the whole Medicare A/B/C/D were passed, there were months of debate in both chambers of Congress. Votes back and forth, in and out of committee, partisan bickering, watered down versions finally being passed but no one was happy about it. Also, aren't there bills sitting in the Senate waiting for debate and votes? Or is this just another ruling by decree that we all hated January 2009-January 2017 but now we love and demand it?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jordanh

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 pm

I hope it will be at least as good as his Coronavirus plan.

;)

Dieuwer

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Fake News.

Tugger

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Fake News.

Nope, not fake news... he said it! (I know you know this. ;- ) On Fox news even, no way that can be fake news....
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transc ... dent-trump

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Fake News.

Tremendous coverage guaranteed.

He wants to name the plan Trumpcare

the only problem, Trump doesn't care enough to implement.

Aaron747

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:56 am

Seems like we’re getting the 248th POTUS golf day instead of a major healthcare plan :lol:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1290 ... 15584?s=21
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Ken777

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 am

Trump has previously said "who thought it could be so difficult" when he faced to deliver TRUMPCARE some years back.

Who really believes that he will do anything but uses attacks to deflect voters attention to his failures.

Francoflier

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:38 am

It's Trump's "Once-Everyone's-Dead-There's-No-Need-For-a-Healthcare-Plan" plan.

It'll be tremendous. The best healthcare plan the World has ever seen.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Max Q

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 am

Francoflier wrote:
It's Trump's "Once-Everyone's-Dead-There's-No-Need-For-a-Healthcare-Plan" plan.

It'll be tremendous. The best healthcare plan the World has ever seen.

Well summed up
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

Olddog

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 am

I guess the GOP is trying to condensate the plan with just five words so he has a chance to repeat it .

JJJ

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 am

Olddog wrote:
I guess the GOP is trying to condensate the plan with just five words so he has a chance to repeat it .

Pay up or shut up.

5 words exacty.

olle

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 am

Trump and republicans choiced the perfect moment to present a health care plan. I assume that many in USA has seen a health care bill as something theoretical when you are 20 or 30s and suddenly in corona times everyone can need health care or stay away from home, even should stay away from work.

USA has also seen that connection between health care insurance and work is great when you have work. Now the next 12 month many people will loose the work and health care cover. Will this change things?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:02 pm

olle wrote:
Trump and republicans choiced the perfect moment to present a health care plan. I assume that many in USA has seen a health care bill as something theoretical when you are 20 or 30s and suddenly in corona times everyone can need health care or stay away from home, even should stay away from work.

USA has also seen that connection between health care insurance and work is great when you have work. Now the next 12 month many people will loose the work and health care cover. Will this change things?

I've really wondered this--it just boggles my mind that people will A) lose their job *and* their health insurance and think that's a reasonable outcome in a pandemic and B) see the prices for COBRA and not question how bloody stupid US healthcare is, to say nothing of its subpar outcomes.

einsteinboricua

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Olddog wrote:

They're also trying to fit the application into a postcard, like how they promised to do with the tax returns.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Not surprised, the president of the United States is brilliant, my understanding is that the health care financing "problem" is a hard nut. to crack for everyone, except him. I mean this is something he has promised over 4 years ago, the terrible Obama-care gone, and replacing it with his own version. So actually quite surprised it took him this long to make this announcement and implement it. Must be low on his priority list, I guess.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

einsteinboricua

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Must be low on his priority list, I guess.

That's why he golfs so much. Because he's getting his brain juices pumping.

Dieuwer

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Fake News.

Nope, not fake news... he said it! (I know you know this. ;- ) On Fox news even, no way that can be fake news....

Tugg

Trump says many things. Doesn't mean it's true.
I am of the position that everything that Trumps says is nonsense, until proven otherwise.

Drafran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Fake News.

Tugg

I am of the position that everything that Trumps says is nonsense, until proven otherwise.

I think you should expect every word out of Trump's mouth to be a lie, until proven otherwise,

luckyone

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Fake News.

Tugg

Quite the standard for the Chief Executive.

Aaron747

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:14 pm

An excellent rundown of this here from John Avlon. This is something impacting nearly every American and they haven’t done bupkis.

https://twitter.com/newday/status/12902 ... 20385?s=21

BN747

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Well at least the trump University alumni 'might' be on board..

Why aren't MAGA boys riding to the rescue to 'explain' this plan?
..or maybe he was just kidding, they seem to be the only ones to know when he's 'kidding' or not.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

sierrakilo44

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 am

Dutchy wrote:
Not surprised, the president of the United States is brilliant, my understanding is that the health care financing "problem" is a hard nut. to crack for everyone, except him. I mean this is something he has promised over 4 years ago, the terrible Obama-care gone, and replacing it with his own version. So actually quite surprised it took him this long to make this announcement and implement it. Must be low on his priority list, I guess.

Healthcare is actually the number one of the priority list for most American voters.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244367/top ... ation.aspx

If the Democrats presented a serious plan for affordable universal healthcare they’d be so far ahead of Trump right now it would be a foregone conclusion.

They should remember in 2024 the opponent won’t be as obviously bad as Trump

tommy1808

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 am

luckyone wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Quite the standard for the Chief Executive.

maybe an executive order giving you a one year of free healthcare for not voting......

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

casinterest

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Healthcare is actually the number one of the priority list for most American voters.

If the Democrats presented a serious plan for affordable universal healthcare they’d be so far ahead of Trump right now it would be a foregone conclusion.

The democrats do have one. Trump and the Republicans haven't been able to come up with a better one. That should tell you all you need to know.
Instead of making the affordable care act better, Trump and the dishonorable lying GOP has tried to tear it apart for absolutely nothing
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Republicans could, right this second, have a nominee head and shoulders above their leader now. But they are doubling down on the insanity.

Democrats are talking about health care reform. Debating between "Medicare for all" and "single payer". Democrats want affordable health care for all.

olle

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:02 pm

A universal governmenf paid system is normally using 7-10 of gdp in europe for highlevel highcapacity health care that also supports the country in pandemic times.

Usa uses much bigger part 12-15% of gdp for less part of the population 80% before obamacare today probably closer 90%.

One weakness is connection employment insurance. With 12 - 15 % unemployment in end of 2020 many people will not have affordable access to health care.

I assume that quit a few of those will be white workingclass voting for trump.

tommy1808

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:29 am

olle wrote:
A universal governmenf paid system is normally using 7-10 of gdp in europe for highlevel highcapacity health care that also supports the country in pandemic times.

Usa uses much bigger part 12-15% of gdp for less part of the population 80% before obamacare today probably closer 90%.

One weakness is connection employment insurance. With 12 - 15 % unemployment in end of 2020 many people will not have affordable access to health care.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
Something many in the USA can´t get their head around is the simply fact that universal healthcare can easily have less total cost than the current system.

People without Healthcare file for bankruptcy after a major hospital bill, everyone with healthcare or enough money to pay out of pocket end up paying for all of that anyways. Add to that the whole cost of invoicing and collecting.....

best regards
Thomas

GDB

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am

tommy1808 wrote:
olle wrote:

Something many in the USA can´t get their head around is the simply fact that universal healthcare can easily have less total cost than the current system.

People without Healthcare file for bankruptcy after a major hospital bill, everyone with healthcare or enough money to pay out of pocket end up paying for all of that anyways. Add to that the whole cost of invoicing and collecting.....

best regards
Thomas

The late Christopher Hitchens nailed this I think, referring at the time to the moron Palin and her 'Teaparty' proto Trumpist moron followers and their dopey slogans like 'get govern-mint off mah Medi-care', that most ironically stupid notion (of many), Hitchens pointed out that yes, these people liked that government program but for themselves, not anyone else. (I would add especially 'those people').

Given that these are the same people who are the dangerous idiots of this Pandemic, with their refusal to wear a mask, or to distance, or indeed to go and yell unmasked into cops/security man's faces all armed up with Confederate Flags and KKK-ish threats to elected Governors, I'd say Hitchens got it right.

But there are fewer of them everyday, their own selfish stupidity this year means fewer still, unfortunately they have and will take others, not least health workers in some cases, with them this time.

tommy1808

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am

GDB wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
olle wrote:

best regards
Thomas

The late Christopher Hitchens nailed this I think, referring at the time to the moron Palin and her 'Teaparty' proto Trumpist moron followers and their dopey slogans like 'get govern-mint off mah Medi-care', that most ironically stupid notion (of many), Hitchens pointed out that yes, these people liked that government program but for themselves, not anyone else. (I would add especially 'those people').

Given that these are the same people who are the dangerous idiots of this Pandemic, with their refusal to wear a mask, or to distance, or indeed to go and yell unmasked into cops/security man's faces all armed up with Confederate Flags and KKK-ish threats to elected Governors, I'd say Hitchens got it right..

:checkmark:
Wasn´t there some tea party connected think tank that applied for Covid Aid .... after spening the GFC railing against any kind of aid programs?

best regards
Thomas

olle

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:50 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
GDB wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Given that these are the same people who are the dangerous idiots of this Pandemic, with their refusal to wear a mask, or to distance, or indeed to go and yell unmasked into cops/security man's faces all armed up with Confederate Flags and KKK-ish threats to elected Governors, I'd say Hitchens got it right..

:checkmark:
Wasn´t there some tea party connected think tank that applied for Covid Aid .... after spening the GFC railing against any kind of aid programs?

best regards
Thomas

Sweden while it is often example ad or good in USA uses currently 11% of GDP including cost of taking care of older people with special needs;

https://www.statista.com/statistics/429 ... in-sweden/

Important in this is that the health care system in pandemic time succeed to increase intensive care units by around 300% in 6 weeks allowing other needed healthcare like cancer treatment continue thru the worse period in April May.

As I understand it right now USA with a spending of 17.7% of GDP on health care does not cope in all states with the current covid situation.

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics ... Historical

So by paying 6% more of GDP per year you get less healthcare, quantity and quality for less part of the population.

einsteinboricua

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Well, while Trump and Company continue to spin their wheels (I mean, the GOP has been promising a great healthcare plan since 2009), states slowly adopt Medicaid expansion (OK did so last month, and MO did it last night)...so guess the ACA will be the interim healthcare system. If Democrats can make good on efforts to reform it so it's truly affordable, they may very well find an electorate willing to reelect them.

Dieuwer

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:51 pm

olle wrote:

As long as health insurers and drug companies make obscene profits, medical professionals receive obscene salaries, and expensive medical tests are performed for every little thing, the USA will have the most expensive health care system of the Western World. No matter if it is Single Payer or not.

tommy1808

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
olle wrote:

As long as health insurers and drug companies make obscene profits, medical professionals receive obscene salaries, and expensive medical tests are performed for every little thing.

Are the tests expensive, or are patients just charged a lot?

Best regards
Thomas

olle

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:35 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
olle wrote:

As long as health insurers and drug companies make obscene profits, medical professionals receive obscene salaries, and expensive medical tests are performed for every little thing.

Best regards
Thomas

I would say the strategy is different. More work on canver screening, making young move and avoid iverweight and social problems.

The idea is that instead of treat diabetes why het diabetes in the first place.

bhill

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm

ANOTHER sign of a pathological liar...he either opens his mouth and makes shit up, or he forgets his previous lies, but you know..."It is what it is..."
Carpe Pices

CarlosSi

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:55 am

If I’m not mistaken he said “in 2 weeks”. It’s been past 2 weeks... he’s been saying that for years.
tl;dr, quote me if he’s actually signing something /now/

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 pm

olle wrote:
So by paying 6% more of GDP per year you get less healthcare, quantity and quality for less part of the population.

Yahbut we have *freedumb*

Tugger

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:04 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Yahbut we have *freedumb*

Sadly *dumb* is the most expensive thing you can ever have. And we have an excess of it here nowadays.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

seb146

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 pm

olle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

I would say the strategy is different. More work on canver screening, making young move and avoid iverweight and social problems.

Part of that has to do with income as well. Fresh fruits and vegetables and good proteins are expensive. Ramen is cheap. Cooking takes time, nuking a pizza pocket does not. People who work two and three jobs do not want to do anything physical if they get a few hours alone. Yes, we need affordable health care but we also need a living wage.

olle

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 pm

seb146 wrote:
olle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Part of that has to do with income as well. Fresh fruits and vegetables and good proteins are expensive. Ramen is cheap. Cooking takes time, nuking a pizza pocket does not. People who work two and three jobs do not want to do anything physical if they get a few hours alone. Yes, we need affordable health care but we also need a living wage.

I totally agree. Making homemade food is a skill that many need to learn again in combination with living conditions and salaries that even working class can live on.

Diabetes for example should not be treated but avoided.

art

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:43 pm

I am baffled about something. Why does the US opt to spend about 15% of GDP on non-universal healthcare when many other countries have demonstrated that universal healthcare can be provided for a lower percentage of GDP?

bennett123

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Is 15% the price of healthcare rather than the amount it costs to provide healthcare?.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:55 am

As of this evening’s presser, 45 claims he will work on an EO to guarantee preexisting condition coverage by all insurers.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25400I

Um, ACA already does that and EO cannot hold up in court with a mandate on all private businesses in an industry. Wow...to be a fly on Mark Meadows’s wall...

alfa164

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Wow...to be a fly on Mark Meadows’s wall...

Speaking of... how long do you want to bet Meadows will last as Chief of Staff? Trump has gone through 4 of them, in three-and-a-half years; John Kelly lasted the longest (1 year, 154 days). And now we all know what Kelly thinks of Trump:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... mp/606496/
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Francoflier

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:05 am

bennett123 wrote:
Is 15% the price of healthcare rather than the amount it costs to provide healthcare?.

Short answer: Washington is in the pockets of private healthcare companies who use sick Americans as cash cows.

Healthcare in the US is seen as a money making business, not a system designed to help and heal its citizens. Until this mindset changes and someone finds a way to break the scandalous and corrupt ties between businesses and lawmakers, nothing will change.

The problem is that it requires such a paradigm shift in the way the system works that it would take decades of progressive change, which assumes a political line of policies carried through several successive administrations... i.e. extremely unlikely.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
As of this evening’s presser, 45 claims he will work on an EO to guarantee preexisting condition coverage by all insurers.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25400I

Um, ACA already does that and EO cannot hold up in court with a mandate on all private businesses in an industry. Wow...to be a fly on Mark Meadows’s wall...

Unreal. I wonder if an executive order supersedes the republican drive to destroy it in court. :roll: