Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Re: Trump Healthcare Plan Imminent

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:47 pm

I use to live in south america chile that happened to copy the usa health system. This story with preexisting condition is something i simple not understand. That women 25-40 have higher fees i simple do not understand.

At least in usa when entering pension you get medicare i suppose equal for all?

Aaron747

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:23 pm

olle wrote:
I use to live in south america chile that happened to copy the usa health system. This story with preexisting condition is something i simple not understand. That women 25-40 have higher fees i simple do not understand.

At least in usa when entering pension you get medicare i suppose equal for all?

Yes, and that's why Medicare for All would be the most simplistic fix. Unfortunately it would rock the gravy train too much and that's why we can't have nice things.

Tugger

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:03 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
As of this evening’s presser, 45 claims he will work on an EO to guarantee preexisting condition coverage by all insurers.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25400I

Um, ACA already does that and EO cannot hold up in court with a mandate on all private businesses in an industry. Wow...to be a fly on Mark Meadows’s wall...

Unreal. I wonder if an executive order supersedes the republican drive to destroy it in court. :roll:

Trump thinks himself king and wants to rule by fiat. Giving orders like some imaginary CEO. So he is trying to do that.

Tugg

rfields5421

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:12 am

Donald Trump's basic issue with Healthcare is that he has no direct knowledge of the system.

He has never filed an insurance claim, never had a generic substituted for a proscribed medicine and have issues, never waited and argued over a referral. He has been a cash pay customer of healthcare his entire life. He had 'people' to take care of such details.

That is NOT A FAILURE on his part. He was lucky to be rich. More power to him. Don't we all wish that healthcare was a minor issue we didn't even bother to write down in the checkbook.

So he has no understanding about anything related to healthcare, except investing in insurance companies.

Another thing we know from his history, his TV shows and interviews - he thinks he knows the answer to everything.

So no understanding, no direct knowledge, thinking he knows everything - you get statements like that.

Healthcare is such a huge part of the US economy. Every single person in Congress, and everyone in almost every state legislature, has been lobbied, had campaign donations, or had the campaign donations go to their opponent.

The healthcare insurance industry has more employees than there are people in Congress writing proposals, suggested changes in the law. The health insurance industry knew exactly what was in the ACA, and every other major change to come through Congress. Nothing well ever get to the President for signature unless the health insurance companies want it to get there.

tommy1808

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:35 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
As of this evening’s presser, 45 claims he will work on an EO to guarantee preexisting condition coverage by all insurers.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25400I

Um, ACA already does that and EO cannot hold up in court with a mandate on all private businesses in an industry. Wow...to be a fly on Mark Meadows’s wall...

Unreal. I wonder if an executive order supersedes the republican drive to destroy it in court. :roll:

whatever Trump wants supersedes not just that, it supersedes supreme court rulings...

Trump didn’t like rulings on DACA. So he’s defying them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:04 am

rfields5421 wrote:
Donald Trump's basic issue with Healthcare is that he has no direct knowledge of the system.

He has never filed an insurance claim, never had a generic substituted for a proscribed medicine and have issues, never waited and argued over a referral. He has been a cash pay customer of healthcare his entire life. He had 'people' to take care of such details.

That is NOT A FAILURE on his part. He was lucky to be rich. More power to him. Don't we all wish that healthcare was a minor issue we didn't even bother to write down in the checkbook.

So he has no understanding about anything related to healthcare, except investing in insurance companies.

Another thing we know from his history, his TV shows and interviews - he thinks he knows the answer to everything.

So no understanding, no direct knowledge, thinking he knows everything - you get statements like that.

Healthcare is such a huge part of the US economy. Every single person in Congress, and everyone in almost every state legislature, has been lobbied, had campaign donations, or had the campaign donations go to their opponent.

The healthcare insurance industry has more employees than there are people in Congress writing proposals, suggested changes in the law. The health insurance industry knew exactly what was in the ACA, and every other major change to come through Congress. Nothing well ever get to the President for signature unless the health insurance companies want it to get there.

Let's say a person wants to fly from Seattle to Los Angeles. Because of government regulation, they have several options which have several different prices. One could choose a private jet. If they can afford it, sure. Go on. If not, they can fly first class on a commercial flight. Sure. If not, they can fly coach on a major carrier. Sure. If not, they can connect flights. Sure. Or they can travel by train. Or by bus or rent a car. Many different ways. With government regulations.

Health care is a joke. People who simply want to know if their pain is a minor inconvenience or cancer? They have to cough up thousands of dollars to private industry. Government decided to take their hands off it. MOSTLY Republicans have decided health care is for the very wealthy and the rest of us? It is what it is.

petertenthije

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:49 am

rfields5421 wrote:
That is NOT A FAILURE on his part. He was lucky to be rich.

Sure it is. If he does not know what he is dealing with, then he should either learn about it or listen and act on expert advice. But he has proven to be incapable of doing either.

If you or I get hired on a job while lacking prior experience, then the same would be expected of us.

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 am

The sad thing is that while I seen the both USA / Amreicas private healh care system and European system the different is huge how you act.

In chile where I lived different insurance company had agreement with different hospitals and when some older person got sick you did nt spend time with the older person but with the insurance administration in order to limit the bill.

In Europe or at least Scandinavia we are all in the situation of trump. We use the system on equal basis and do not think about the bill because we do not see it.

Aesma

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:31 am

art wrote:
I am baffled about something. Why does the US opt to spend about 15% of GDP on non-universal healthcare when many other countries have demonstrated that universal healthcare can be provided for a lower percentage of GDP?

It's not "the US", it's politicians with ties to the industry, and decades of propaganda allowing many to believe their lies.

Instead of reforming healthcare, the US needs political reforms so that this cannot continue.

Max Q

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 am

Any day now, and as soon as his tax returns are through being audited..

BowlingShoeDC9

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:55 am

Max Q wrote:
Any day now, and as soon as his tax returns are through being audited..

Is this before of after Trump finally gives us the “evidence” that Obama was born in Kenya? Which wouldn’t even matter anyway as he would still be a natural born citizen. We’ve been waiting on that for close to a decade now.