Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BN747
Topic Author

Republicans No One Can Argue With

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm

NEW AD: Republican Vets Against Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUBwxpDfLok

No one can argue with these true American Patriots.

As an Air Force vet, I hear these guys loud and clear.

You cannot support Gen. Michael Flynn and these guys too.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

mmo

Re: Republicans No One Can Argue With

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Absolutely spot on. Too bad more people can't see through the BS the orange man spouts.
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!

einsteinboricua

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm

You're underestimating the power of irrational thought. These people are patriots and unquestionably American...until they speak out...then they're traitors.

I support these veterans who are brave enough to speak out, but don't be surprised if you find some mudslinging to them because of it. Even today, there are veterans who are blinded by party ideology and will turn on their fellow service members for any "disloyalty".
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You're underestimating the power of irrational thought. These people are patriots and unquestionably American...until they speak out...then they're traitors.

I support these veterans who are brave enough to speak out, but don't be surprised if you find some mudslinging to them because of it. Even today, there are veterans who are blinded by party ideology and will turn on their fellow service members for any "disloyalty".

Exactly, turn on these true patriots to support a fat blubbery coward.

Did you see his off the cuff Beirut bombing comment? 'It was some sort of an attack....'
...just pulled that out of his fat lard ass going for the Fear card, he'll do it every time.

And people adore this coward placeholder in a job fit for the mentally strong and knowledgeable, which he is neither.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-poll-sho ... 13687.html
Republican support for his leading the country in the right direction, not pegs at a paltry 20%.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Dutchy

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:00 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You're underestimating the power of irrational thought.

Oh yes, if Americans would vote in their own interests, Republicans would have lost all elections since the Democrats and Republicans flipped sides on the left/right side.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

afcjets

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm

BN747 wrote:

I can and I'm not a Republican. I support Michael Flynn and these guys too. Trump wins when America wins, not the other way around.

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28 pm

afcjets wrote:
BN747 wrote:

I can and I'm not a Republican. I support Michael Flynn and these guys too. Trump wins when America wins, not the other way around.

Just like youtube commenters, of course you would, and then 5 mins alone in a room with any of these guys...you'd be a very changed man.

Such thought suggest one could also vote for Biden & trump as well.
And the Chiefs and Seahawks can meet in the Super Bowl too.

An very peculiar world to live in where you can do that, a world where everything is the same, left is right, up is down..yep, peculiar.

BN747

Tugger

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:30 pm

afcjets wrote:
Trump wins when America wins, not the other way around.

Basicly true for every/any politician. If their community/city/state/nation "wins" while they are in office, they are likely to also then win.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

meecrob

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 pm

So how does America "win"?

LMP737

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:48 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Yet people will do exactly that. They're service to their country will be questioned,even belittled. Remember what happened to John McCain?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

afcjets

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Tugger wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Basicly true for every/any politician. If their community/city/state/nation "wins" while they are in office, they are likely to also then win.

Tugg

Exactly, which is why no one is buying the other side's narrative.

cairns

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Ironically (or not) democrats only agree with republicans when they're singing from the same songbook. What a shame they didn't do that in 1864. Or 1957. Or 1965.

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 pm

cairns wrote:
Ironically (or not) democrats only agree with republicans when they're singing from the same songbook. What a shame they didn't do that in 1864. Or 1957. Or 1965.

Of which has nothing to do with loyalty to America over party or a corrupt leader, no Democrat has ever followed 'a man(child)' to that extreme at any point in US History...as certain republicans are doing before our very eyes and thankfully it is being recording daily, for future generations to see for themselves, that America was sold out by select citizens.

FACT.

BN747

Aaron747

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 am

afcjets wrote:
Tugger wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Tugg

No person who employs logic or reason is buying the narrative that this WH is successful or competently run either.

At this point with all we know now, 45 supporters have surrendered all reason and love of country for a ‘screw the libs’ mantra.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:23 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

Don´t underestimate the power of establishing permission structures. Religion, especially the more fundamentalist type, is in rapid decline not because people think new thoughts, but because they see people around them leaving, and that takes the group pressure away.

This is all about establishing that you can be conservative, and a life long Republican and still not just not vote for Trump, but this one time, also vote for a democrat because they are patriots and put country first. Which most Republicans would say they do.

Biden will unquestionably get more votes than Clinton did, but Trump can essentially not afford to lose any voter.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

c933103

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:24 am

With how Democrats pushing Bidem over electability instead of favorability, it might take a Trump re-election for the Democrats to change their way of how to approach election.
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate.
Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!

Drafran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Believe me when I tell you, there are plenty of hillbillies, rednecks, and delusionals, (aka "The Base") on a couple of sites with political commentary I use that are so far up Trump's ginormous ass (aka The Colon Critters) anything spoken negatively from anyone will get a, "he's not a true Republican." No criticism of their colon host.

stratosphere

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:33 pm

I find it ironic that one veteran in this video condemns Trump for 5 deferments to avoid the Vietnam War when Biden did the same damn thing. If anything they should be looking at who takes care of them when they are serving in the military. We all know Biden under Obama gutted the military much like Carter did. Reagan rebuilt the military and Trump as much of a personal coward he might be in his own life he at least put a spotlight on military and their families.

https://www.insidesources.com/joe-biden ... rats-care/

cairns

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 pm

BN747 wrote:
no Democrat has ever followed 'a man(child)' to that extreme at any point in US History...BN747

That there is drop dead funny.

Tugger

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:55 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I find it ironic that one veteran in this video condemns Trump for 5 deferments to avoid the Vietnam War when Biden did the same damn thing. If anything they should be looking at who takes care of them when they are serving in the military. We all know Biden under Obama gutted the military much like Carter did. Reagan rebuilt the military and Trump as much of a personal coward he might be in his own life he at least put a spotlight on military and their families.

A lot of people got deferments for Vietnam, and the fact is the better off you were the more likely your were to be able to get one (attending college, hello!). But asthma is a real and normal deferment option that many who could use it did. But "bone spurs"? Biden's draft physical exam determined the asthma, Trump only provided x-rays.... oh wait, he didn't, there was only a Dr's note stating "astonishingly excellent" blood pressure and that he is "the healthiest individual ever".... oh wait, that's the wrong Dr's note, sorry my bad. Seriously.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2008 ... etnam.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 420475002/

Do you know anyone with asthma? Do you know anyone with bone spurs?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

cairns

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Tugger wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

A lot of people got deferments for Vietnam, and the fact is the better off you were the more likely your were to be able to get one (attending college, hello!). But asthma is a real and normal deferment option that many who could use it did. But "bone spurs"? Biden's draft physical exam determined the asthma, Trump only provided x-rays.... oh wait, he didn't, there was only a Dr's note stating "astonishingly excellent" blood pressure and that he is "the healthiest individual ever".... oh wait, that's the wrong Dr's note, sorry my bad. Seriously.

Tugg

Tp answer your question my sister in law has both.

Tugger

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:16 pm

cairns wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Tp answer your question my sister in law has both.

And? She is in college and has been considered for military duty and had them documented for such? (There is context to my query after all.)

Interesting:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20370212
https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-lib ... spurs.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3995580/
A tiny bit of research and I see bone spurs are really a joint issue and the majority of time one doesn't even know they have them and they take time to grow which is why they affect older people (there are a small subset of people that have a chronic disease from childhood that causes excess out of control bone which is a wholly different situation).

Tugg

VTKillarney

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Let’s be honest. 99.99% of the people here would have used any excuse to avoid being sent to Vietnam.

cairns

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Tugg just answering your question as posed. Has nothing to do with military service or college. There is some context to my answer too- those conditions aren't as rare as you think. When I was in the Army a guy was sent home due to bone spurs.

Tugger

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:48 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Let’s be honest. 99.99% of the people here would have used any excuse to avoid being sent to Vietnam.

Absolutely! And the key is "any excuse". Just some are better that others.

cairns wrote:
Tugg just answering your question as posed. Has nothing to do with military service or college. There is some context to my answer too- those conditions aren't as rare as you think. When I was in the Army a guy was sent home due to bone spurs.

No worries Cairns, I know they are a real thing. And very rare for young people. And I will note that your friend was sent home but were they booted out? Ususualy it just gets you desk duty was enlisted.

Tugg

cairns

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Tugg he was sent home. He literally couldn't march. You don't get through basic without completing a roughly 30 mile full pack march. If you don't get through basic for any reason you go home.

Tugger

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:39 pm

cairns wrote:
Tugg he was sent home. He literally couldn't march. You don't get through basic without completing a roughly 30 mile full pack march. If you don't get through basic for any reason you go home.

Youch, that's too bad but makes sense, you don't actually "enter" till you finish boot. Definitely had Trump had that happen to him it would be different.

Tugg

stratosphere

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Tugger wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Tugg

Yes I have Asthma as a matter of fact. So bad in fact I could not even play sports in HS unlike Joe Biden did. I do consider Trumps excuse for deferment as "weak" but then again so is Biden's if his Asthma was truly an issue he would not have been an athlete in High School as he claims to be. But lets face it as someone on here already commented 99.99 % of people if they had the chance would do anything to get out of the draft. But it's easier for people to get out of it that come from privileged backgrounds which both Trump and Biden can claim.

CitizenJustin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 pm

mmo wrote:
Absolutely spot on. Too bad more people can't see through the BS the orange man spouts.

Especially since it’s crystal clear.

CitizenJustin

Re: Republicans No One Can Argue W

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:00 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

All hale, the king of right - wing excuses.

seb146

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:13 pm

cairns wrote:

People across the political spectrum have been saying the occupant of the White House is a danger to freedom and democracy and our American way of life. Now that we have seen just how dangerous he is, more Republicans are speaking out. Interesting how that works.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747
Topic Author

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:49 pm

cairns wrote:
BN747 wrote:
no Democrat has ever followed 'a man(child)' to that extreme at any point in US History...BN747

That there is drop dead funny.

Cute but empty of any facts to prove my statement as incorrect.

Cough up something...if you can.

BN47

BN747
Topic Author

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:59 pm

seb146 wrote:
cairns wrote:

People across the political spectrum have been saying the occupant of the White House is a danger to freedom and democracy and our American way of life. Now that we have seen just how dangerous he is, more Republicans are speaking out. Interesting how that works.....

Not only have the last 3 years exposed the fact that he's a weak spineless individual...but now, Everyone knows he is a functional illiterate.

The man knows absolutely nothing about anything but the game of golf.

With each speaking opportunity his ignorance becomes clearer and clearer for all to see.

The intellectually lazy will never see this or hear it because they cannot face the mistake they made OR they really do love an ignorant racist in power - which is quite plausible, the fake patriots - who will definitely place a single ignorant man above everything American.

BN747

cairns

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:32 pm

BN thinks veterans can't disagree with each other and that Democrats have never fawned over flawed leaders. Let's start with George McClellan. Then there's a certain Mr. Daley.. And I won't go into ACO or Sheila Jackson Lee.

And of course we really shouldn't forget this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luLpdr4n8m4

Just to name a few....

BN747
Topic Author

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:45 pm

cairns wrote:
BN thinks veterans can't disagree with each other and that Democrats have never fawned over flawed leaders. Let's start with George McClellan. Then there's a certain Mr. Daley.. And I won't go into ACO or Sheila Jackson Lee.

Just to name a few....

First off I doubt you ever set foot in any military branch for starters...you discussing veterans is a kin to garbage truck driver thinking he can pilot an A380. Reality doesn't matter.

And if you had any clue to what I think and how I think.. you would have never reached into the gutter and try to pass off as the nationa following George McClellan. the nation never followed Daley anywhere but out office.

You can't go into AOC or Mrs Lee because your racism will unmask you.
Whatever garbage that youtube link leads surely comes from the same porta-potty as your imaginary McClellan, Daley nationwide fanfare where you shop.

Dude, if you are an adult, now is the time to act like one.

You know what scratch that, I cannot hold a serious discussion with insincere children or adults, no rational adult can.

BN747

tommy1808

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:57 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Wrong too, as 70% of troops where volunteers.... which is a bit more than 0.01%.

Best regards
Thonas

tommy1808

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:02 am

BN747 wrote:
Whatever garbage that youtube link leads surely comes from the same porta-potty as your imaginary McClellan, Daley nationwide fanfare where you shop.

Even better.. AP about Clinton denying his affair... as if that has anything to do with anything.

Best regards
Thomas

VTKillarney

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:14 am

tommy1808 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Wrong too, as 70% of troops where volunteers.... which is a bit more than 0.01%.

Best regards
Thonas

Please read more carefully. I referred specifically to “the people here.”

tommy1808

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:01 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Best regards
Thonas

Still wrong, 9.7% of the generation served in Vietnam. So even if every single other person tried to get out of serving, you'd still be off by a factor of 60-70..
You are still wrong if you include all ~200 million in the US population, in case you wanted to try that excuse next.

Best regards
Thomas

VTKillarney

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:09 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thonas

Still wrong, 9.7% of the generation served in Vietnam. So even if every single other person tried to get out of serving, you'd still be off by a factor of 60-70..
You are still wrong if you include all ~200 million in the US population, in case you wanted to try that excuse next.

Best regards
Thomas

Your pedantry aside, the salient point is that attempting to get out of being sent to Vietnam was incredibly common across all spectrums and political affiliations of people.

I have no absolutely problem with a person who did whatever it took to avoid service in Vietnam. I’m much more skeptical of those who volunteered to go and kill Vietnamese people in a pointless war. The idea that the latter group should define our moral compass is rather perverse.

Best regards
VTKillarney

tommy1808

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Your pedantry aside, the salient point is that attempting to get out of being sent to Vietnam was incredibly common across all spectrums and political affiliations of people.

I have no absolutely problem with a person who did whatever it took to avoid service in Vietnam. I’m much more skeptical of those who volunteered to go and kill Vietnamese people in a pointless war. The idea that the latter group should define our moral compass is rather perverse.

Best regards
VTKillarney

Now you go full disrespecting troops mode.

Best regards
Thomas

VTKillarney

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

Now you go full disrespecting troops mode.

Best regards
Thomas

Please read more carefully. I said that I am skeptical of someone who volunteered to kill Vietnamese people in a pointless war. Don’t attribute anything more than that. Lots of people have served admirably.

Best regards
VTKillarney

Aaron747

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:51 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Best regards
VTKillarney

Conservative Americans and defense interests did not believe it was a 'pointless' war. In fact many in families across the country came to deep divides (and blows) over it. Were you even alive then?

And unrelated: how is it that you're the only participant in this thread with user statistics listing 'last active' as 'last year'? Quite strange.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:34 pm

cairns wrote:

Just to name a few....

The difference is that Democrats understand our leaders are flawed. We accept they are human. Not our perfect candidate and will make mistakes and pass legislation we do not agree with. We get that. And we hold them accountable for it. Unlike the MAGA crew who will support him no matter what.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

cairns

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Someone's TDS is so bad he's incapable of thinking straight. Now he wants to get personal about my military service.

C Battery 1/81st, 56th FA Brigade. Look it up. Loser.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:20 pm

cairns wrote:
Someone's TDS is so bad he's incapable of thinking straight. Now he wants to get personal about my military service.

C Battery 1/81st, 56th FA Brigade. Look it up. Loser.

You have it backwards buddy...TDS is defending this impetuous and unprofessional whiny teenager of a POTUS. This guy hasn't known leadership, or how to be a real man, a measurable day of his coddled 'adult' life.

Tugger

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:25 pm

TDS is Trump Derangement Syndrome, here people fawningly support Trump and can't accept any negative information of him and sycophanticly follow and believe all he says.

I know there is another way to look at TDS but think about it....

Tugg

afcjets

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 pm

delete
Last edited by afcjets on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afcjets

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
No person who employs logic or reason is buying the narrative that this WH is successful or competent.

On almost every metric (before covid), the numbers don't lie.
Last edited by afcjets on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:29 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

No person who employs logic or reason is buying the narrative that this WH is successful or competent.

On almost every metric (before covid), the numbers don't lie.

Gonna have to back that up with some facts - and no, the DJIA is not something you can use because it is influenced by far more than the WH. Have a look at the famous 'direction of the country' poll question - "do you think the nation is on the right or wrong track?" In the RCP average of all surveys, results as follows:

Jan 2017: Wrong 57 Right 33
Jan 2018: Wrong 59 Right 33
Jan 2019: Wrong 56 Right 35
Jan 2020: Wrong 57 Right 37

What's the midpoint of the 'direction of country' survey for the entirety of term? (You may need to set the time variables in the chart to see it properly)

Wrong 58 Right 35

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... y-902.html