Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:56 am

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The so-called "good apple" cops are doing nothing, staying silent, and even helping out the "bad apples" who kill and injure and encourage violence. If there are so many "good apples"and so few "bad apples" why are so many unarmed Black people being murdered? Why are so many cops part of racist groups and celebrating and encouraging racist activity?

I have been posting links and proof. It seems futile when I have to ask three, four, five, six times to get any proof then I get one link that proves my point so......

"So many"? There were 9 unarmed African-Americans killed by the police last year, and only a handful of those incidents were questionable.


I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
Kno
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 am

lugie wrote:
If this is the sort of commentary shared by pundits fomenting public opinion during a time when society is a literal tinderbox that could go off at any minute, then yes, we might be about to start witnessing it:


Image

Source


Wow this is just horrific.

I had a very dim opinion of the far right but the bar keeps being lowered further and further. Disgusting.
 
N757ST
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That would be 19 people protesting police brutality and zero protesting for more police like Proud Boys, Boogaloos, Patriot Prayer, KKK, Neo Nazis, etc. You cite no sources, so I am just going to write in my own conclusion as well.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.states ... ate=ampart

Why is it you never post stats or anything but pontificate constantly without any proof. All cops are bastards right?


The so-called "good apple" cops are doing nothing, staying silent, and even helping out the "bad apples" who kill and injure and encourage violence. If there are so many "good apples"and so few "bad apples" why are so many unarmed Black people being murdered? Why are so many cops part of racist groups and celebrating and encouraging racist activity?

I have been posting links and proof. It seems futile when I have to ask three, four, five, six times to get any proof then I get one link that proves my point so......


See, here we have it. I posted a link with proof, you declare many cops are part of racist groups without proof. Down into the rabbit hole we descend.
 
N757ST
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:17 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The so-called "good apple" cops are doing nothing, staying silent, and even helping out the "bad apples" who kill and injure and encourage violence. If there are so many "good apples"and so few "bad apples" why are so many unarmed Black people being murdered? Why are so many cops part of racist groups and celebrating and encouraging racist activity?

I have been posting links and proof. It seems futile when I have to ask three, four, five, six times to get any proof then I get one link that proves my point so......

"So many"? There were 9 unarmed African-Americans killed by the police last year, and only a handful of those incidents were questionable.


I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....


7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5412
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Kno wrote:
lugie wrote:
If this is the sort of commentary shared by pundits fomenting public opinion during a time when society is a literal tinderbox that could go off at any minute, then yes, we might be about to start witnessing it:


Image

Source


Wow this is just horrific.

I had a very dim opinion of the far right but the bar keeps being lowered further and further. Disgusting.


Fostering anger and division, especially racial division, has worked very well for the far right before, and has allowed them to get the WH. That's pretty much what the far right does and has done everywhere in the World.
Their strategy this time around hasn't changed. They're not even waiting for Russian trolls to do it for them this time, they're doing it themselves.
It is indeed a sad portrait of the American society when that many people give in to this crap.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Newark727 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
And then there's this....
Then there's most telling statement of "So we had our first Black (half Black) POTUS for 2 terms and took a major step back in terms of race relations as a result"

We???
WE Who?

It irks to no end seeing or hearing conservatives start with "So we had our first Black (half Black) POTUS "...when not one of the voted for him.

Not one.

But now they want to be counted as 'we'...not happening and by employing that reveals the insincerity the follows right afterwards.

BN747


"We criticized every single thing he did down to his preferred brand of mustard, accused him of not being an actual American, and rejected his entire legislative agenda for its flagrant socialism, but we were actually really hoping Obama would make some progress on race relations!"

Mmhmm. :roll:


Precisely, now they are made at Obama for NOT curing America of Racism.

Racism - 400 year Head Start.
vs
1 prez Obama - 8 years - a Huge Psychological Boost to a society/segment of Americas brought here in shit, treated like shit and told they aren't shit. That Obama election went further than any non-minority will ever understand.
(but Conservatives will swear to you that Obama made Racism worst. They will never admit that racism was always here and it's now for the first time faces challenges to it's validity on every possible fromt for it's first time.

and...
44 prez -220 years feeble attempts - zero percent


But yeah, we had a black president - THAT should have cured everything!


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:57 pm

N757ST wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
N583JB wrote:
"So many"? There were 9 unarmed African-Americans killed by the police last year, and only a handful of those incidents were questionable.


I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....


7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.


the Bill Barr argument, no systemic issue...how much knowing the history of Black Abuse by Police goes back further than last year, it can go back as far as you can count.

Not interested in taking a look for patterns, are you?


a lot to be learned here.

Let's get you started down the path of social enlightenment...

The Long, Painful History of Police Brutality in the U.S.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithson ... 180964098/


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22636
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:30 pm

N757ST wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
N583JB wrote:
"So many"? There were 9 unarmed African-Americans killed by the police last year, and only a handful of those incidents were questionable.


I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....


7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.


Black people represent what per cent of Americans and yet they are arrested and in jail at a much higher rate. I know.... "If they would just...." and then some thinly veiled racist comment. I get it. Blame the victim. Blame the innocent. I get it.

And, most important, if cops killing unarmed Americans is tragic then maybe we should do something about it. Not just get rid of all racist cops but maybe train cops to stop shooting people as the answer? Someone on social media posted how cops should be in training for at least two years instead of a few weeks. Seems like a good idea.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N757ST
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....


7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.


Black people represent what per cent of Americans and yet they are arrested and in jail at a much higher rate. I know.... "If they would just...." and then some thinly veiled racist comment. I get it. Blame the victim. Blame the innocent. I get it.

And, most important, if cops killing unarmed Americans is tragic then maybe we should do something about it. Not just get rid of all racist cops but maybe train cops to stop shooting people as the answer? Someone on social media posted how cops should be in training for at least two years instead of a few weeks. Seems like a good idea.


Cops in my state are not just trained a couple weeks. It’s a couple months of training at the academy, then months of riding with experienced officers receiving on the job training.

So again, where’s the link that cops are part of racist groups?

And again, you’re quoting that minorities are arrested at a higher rate, while completely glossing over the fact that minorities commit crimes at a higher rate. Your can’t quote only part of a statistic while glossing over another. The reasoning why minorities are committing crimes at a higher rate is debatable and so is how we correct that. What’s not debatable is that it’s happening.
 
N583JB
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:13 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I've got 14 unarmed black deaths due to police officers in 2019, but we can agree to differ over the exact number.

And there were nearly twice as many unarmed white people shot (24). :yes:

The full list for 2019 is 55
Fatal Police Shootings vs UNARMED (2019)
4 Asian
12 Hispanic
14 Black
24 White
1 Native American

If you want I can name them all too....


7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.


Black people represent what per cent of Americans and yet they are arrested and in jail at a much higher rate. I know.... "If they would just...." and then some thinly veiled racist comment. I get it. Blame the victim. Blame the innocent. I get it.

And, most important, if cops killing unarmed Americans is tragic then maybe we should do something about it. Not just get rid of all racist cops but maybe train cops to stop shooting people as the answer? Someone on social media posted how cops should be in training for at least two years instead of a few weeks. Seems like a good idea.


If someone decides to drive drunk and then crashes into a light pole and becomes seriously injured, is it "victim blaming" to say "they probably shouldn't have driven drunk"?

There are certainly cases of racist police officers and police brutality. That said, many of these cases in which people end up should are the direct result of the actions of the person who ends up shot. It isn't racist to say that people should generally try to abide by the law and should not fight with police officers.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:45 pm

N583JB wrote:
If someone decides to drive drunk and then crashes into a light pole and becomes seriously injured, is it "victim blaming" to say "they probably shouldn't have driven drunk"?

There are certainly cases of racist police officers and police brutality. That said, many of these cases in which people end up should are the direct result of the actions of the person who ends up shot. It isn't racist to say that people should generally try to abide by the law and should not fight with police officers.


So summary execution is a reasonable penalty for confronting, disobeying (or even mishearing or misinterpreting) a police officer? Where did you get your ideas on law enforcement, Judge Dredd?
 
N583JB
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Newark727 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
If someone decides to drive drunk and then crashes into a light pole and becomes seriously injured, is it "victim blaming" to say "they probably shouldn't have driven drunk"?

There are certainly cases of racist police officers and police brutality. That said, many of these cases in which people end up should are the direct result of the actions of the person who ends up shot. It isn't racist to say that people should generally try to abide by the law and should not fight with police officers.


So summary execution is a reasonable penalty for confronting, disobeying (or even mishearing or misinterpreting) a police officer? Where did you get your ideas on law enforcement, Judge Dredd?


Please tell me where I have suggested this? If summary execution was the penalty for everything you stated, we'd be looking at millions of police shootings each year instead of roughly 1,000.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Newark727 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
If someone decides to drive drunk and then crashes into a light pole and becomes seriously injured, is it "victim blaming" to say "they probably shouldn't have driven drunk"?

There are certainly cases of racist police officers and police brutality. That said, many of these cases in which people end up should are the direct result of the actions of the person who ends up shot. It isn't racist to say that people should generally try to abide by the law and should not fight with police officers.


So summary execution is a reasonable penalty for confronting, disobeying (or even mishearing or misinterpreting) a police officer? Where did you get your ideas on law enforcement, Judge Dredd?


Exactly, they are more frightened on black dude resisting arrest (when they do) than fat comfortable bullshitters scamming people for $millions like Steve Bannon.

I have no idea how they are enraged about the former and church-mouse quiet about million dollar grifters AND yet Economy and Finance is their blood curdling cry and willfulness to let people die (Covid) to save the economy.....so yeah there are priortities.

But, the black guy running from giving cops a hard time..they deserve to die.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
FGITD
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:10 pm

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:


And, most important, if cops killing unarmed Americans is tragic then maybe we should do something about it. Not just get rid of all racist cops but maybe train cops to stop shooting people as the answer? Someone on social media posted how cops should be in training for at least two years instead of a few weeks. Seems like a good idea.


Cops in my state are not just trained a couple weeks. It’s a couple months of training at the academy, then months of riding with experienced officers receiving on the job training.


I’d be interested to see what sort of training reform would be effective. From what I understand, most if not all police academies tend to be run very militaristic. Essentially they’re treated like a paramilitary force. Which makes sense given the way the command structure works, the need to instantly obey orders, willingness to go into harms way etc etc

It just seems like if you train people like warriors...you end up with warriors.

Just simply extending the amount of time spent training doesn’t do anything. There’s only so much you can cover in training. It’s how you make use of that time.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:17 pm

N583JB wrote:
Please tell me where I have suggested this? If summary execution was the penalty for everything you stated, we'd be looking at millions of police shootings each year instead of roughly 1,000.


You haven't, obviously, but isn't the outcome effectively the same? A man gets shot dead who isn't guilty of any capital crime, the officer's account of the shooting is accepted, the officers keep their jobs, the police changes nothing about how they operate - in the eyes of the law, and to anyone looking from outside, all of it is legal and no injustice has been done.
 
N583JB
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Newark727 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Please tell me where I have suggested this? If summary execution was the penalty for everything you stated, we'd be looking at millions of police shootings each year instead of roughly 1,000.


You haven't, obviously, but isn't the outcome effectively the same? A man gets shot dead who isn't guilty of any capital crime, the officer's account of the shooting is accepted, the officers keep their jobs, the police changes nothing about how they operate - in the eyes of the law, and to anyone looking from outside, all of it is legal and no injustice has been done.


That's because the crime committed is largely irrelevant. The police aren't allowed to shoot people as punishment. They are allowed to shoot someone only if they believe that person poses an immediate threat to the officers or to other people. They are also allowed to shoot fleeing suspects in certain situations if it is believed that the fleeing suspect poses an immediate threat to the officers or to others. So, it doesn't matter if you are suspected of murder or suspected of jaywalking....the officer cannot use lethal force unless you convince that officer that you are a deadly threat. If you are a homicide suspect but you calmly turn yourself in to officers, don't resist, and comply with instructions, then the officers have no legal reason to shoot you. On the other hand, if you are jaywalking but, when confronted by an officer, you decide to physically attack that officer, you risk having lethal force used against you.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18198
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Kno wrote:
lugie wrote:
If this is the sort of commentary shared by pundits fomenting public opinion during a time when society is a literal tinderbox that could go off at any minute, then yes, we might be about to start witnessing it:


Image

Source


Wow this is just horrific.

I had a very dim opinion of the far right but the bar keeps being lowered further and further. Disgusting.


Fostering anger and division, especially racial division, has worked very well for the far right before, and has allowed them to get the WH. That's pretty much what the far right does and has done everywhere in the World.
Their strategy this time around hasn't changed. They're not even waiting for Russian trolls to do it for them this time, they're doing it themselves.
It is indeed a sad portrait of the American society when that many people give in to this crap.

Really says it all. How do you reason with a group of people that venerate white vigilante justice? That get a hardon for Pinochet and Duterte? That cackle with delight at the suggestion of shooting immigrants on the border? That can never get enough bombing the mooselambs 'over there'? Where is the middle ground?
I don't take responsibility at all
 
BowlingShoeDC9
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:18 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:12 pm

N583JB wrote:
Also, the white teenager didn't "execute" anyone. He shot a convicted child molester who was sprinting full-bore at him and throwing things.

I'm sorry Mods if this is going off topic but this is a statement that has to be addressed.

I just searched both the AZ, WI (the two states mentioned in right-wing blog posts) and the national sex offender registries for Mr Rosenbaum and found absolutely NO RECORD of any sexual misconduct. I also checked the other two victims and found no records of any sex offender status.

If you have evidence to the contrary please present it, otherwise do not slander the victims of a shooting to match your own agenda. This is why America is going down the drain. No one f***ing verifies anything.

Feel free to search yourself.
Wisconsin:
https://appsdoc.wi.gov/public/offenders
Arizona:
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/offender
National:
https://www.nsopw.gov/Home

I would also like to point out that someone being a sex offender does not in of itself justify them being shot. That is a statement in support of mob rule and vigilantism. The very thing so many people are terrified of right now.
 
M564038
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:25 pm

Sorry, say what?
You have people calling themselves Police after a mere few months of training?

We have a minimum of 3 years. Do you seriously suggest it would be safe to let people loose in the streets with guns, handling every situation a police officer needs to handle without years of education?
They would end up shooting people that shouldn’t be shot!

Amateurs!

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

7400 black men were murdered last year. So cops shooting an unarmed black man represent 0.2% of that total. Tragic? Yes. A systematic issue, debatable.


Black people represent what per cent of Americans and yet they are arrested and in jail at a much higher rate. I know.... "If they would just...." and then some thinly veiled racist comment. I get it. Blame the victim. Blame the innocent. I get it.

And, most important, if cops killing unarmed Americans is tragic then maybe we should do something about it. Not just get rid of all racist cops but maybe train cops to stop shooting people as the answer? Someone on social media posted how cops should be in training for at least two years instead of a few weeks. Seems like a good idea.


Cops in my state are not just trained a couple weeks. It’s a couple months of training at the academy, then months of riding with experienced officers receiving on the job training.

So again, where’s the link that cops are part of racist groups?

And again, you’re quoting that minorities are arrested at a higher rate, while completely glossing over the fact that minorities commit crimes at a higher rate. Your can’t quote only part of a statistic while glossing over another. The reasoning why minorities are committing crimes at a higher rate is debatable and so is how we correct that. What’s not debatable is that it’s happening.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 13999
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Categorizing black live matters protesters, protesters against police violence simply as “rioters” is a sign of vision and maybe converting information interpretation. And a potus that is a reason for this, is in charge, blames everybody else, with success... amazing.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 pm

M564038 wrote:
Sorry, say what?
You have people calling themselves Police after a mere few months of training?

We have a minimum of 3 years. Do you seriously suggest it would be safe to let people loose in the streets with guns, handling every situation a police officer needs to handle without years of education?
They would end up shooting people that shouldn’t be shot!

Amateurs!


What other possible outcome remains if the gun lobby had their way and EVERYONE was carrying weapons?

Everyone well trained? check
Everyone behaving nicely? Of course.
Everyone 'the good guy'. Well of course that one..

...except, we're talking 'naturally flawed humans' here...what do expect to happened?

And that is the LAST thing cops want...everyone packing. Would you become a cop in world where everyone is carrying a loaded weapon?
You'd have less cops than we have now.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N583JB
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:53 pm

BowlingShoeDC9 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Also, the white teenager didn't "execute" anyone. He shot a convicted child molester who was sprinting full-bore at him and throwing things.

I'm sorry Mods if this is going off topic but this is a statement that has to be addressed.

I just searched both the AZ, WI (the two states mentioned in right-wing blog posts) and the national sex offender registries for Mr Rosenbaum and found absolutely NO RECORD of any sexual misconduct. I also checked the other two victims and found no records of any sex offender status.

If you have evidence to the contrary please present it, otherwise do not slander the victims of a shooting to match your own agenda. This is why America is going down the drain. No one f***ing verifies anything.

Feel free to search yourself.
Wisconsin:
https://appsdoc.wi.gov/public/offenders
Arizona:
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/offender
National:
https://www.nsopw.gov/Home

I would also like to point out that someone being a sex offender does not in of itself justify them being shot. That is a statement in support of mob rule and vigilantism. The very thing so many people are terrified of right now.


The records were removed because the person is now deceased. Thankfully, they were preserved via screenshot and the authorities have confirmed their veracity-

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2020/ ... -shooting/
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 685
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:43 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
Kno wrote:

Wow this is just horrific.

I had a very dim opinion of the far right but the bar keeps being lowered further and further. Disgusting.


Fostering anger and division, especially racial division, has worked very well for the far right before, and has allowed them to get the WH. That's pretty much what the far right does and has done everywhere in the World.
Their strategy this time around hasn't changed. They're not even waiting for Russian trolls to do it for them this time, they're doing it themselves.
It is indeed a sad portrait of the American society when that many people give in to this crap.

Really says it all. How do you reason with a group of people that venerate white vigilante justice? That get a hardon for Pinochet and Duterte? That cackle with delight at the suggestion of shooting immigrants on the border? That can never get enough bombing the mooselambs 'over there'? Where is the middle ground?



Oh, they’ll gladly go on about how they’d like to kill democrats, liberals and progressives as well. I’m not convinced that people living in blue states understand the pure hatred and ill will these people have for the left. They’re immune to any facts, logic or reason. The lefts strategy of rising above it and thinking facts will win the day is useless. In their warped minds, nice guys finish last and that’s exactly what’s happening. It’s time to accept that we’re dealing with truly horrific people, who’d burn this country to the ground if it meant winning. I don’t know why Hillary calling them deplorable was such a big deal, because that’s exactly what they are. I’m from a blood red state and in my opinion the left continues to underestimate the terrifying reality we’re dealing with. God help us all if the far-right is somehow able to tip the scales enough to render the left impotent.
 
N583JB
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Fostering anger and division, especially racial division, has worked very well for the far right before, and has allowed them to get the WH. That's pretty much what the far right does and has done everywhere in the World.
Their strategy this time around hasn't changed. They're not even waiting for Russian trolls to do it for them this time, they're doing it themselves.
It is indeed a sad portrait of the American society when that many people give in to this crap.

Really says it all. How do you reason with a group of people that venerate white vigilante justice? That get a hardon for Pinochet and Duterte? That cackle with delight at the suggestion of shooting immigrants on the border? That can never get enough bombing the mooselambs 'over there'? Where is the middle ground?



Oh, they’ll gladly go on about how they’d like to kill democrats, liberals and progressives as well. I’m not convinced that people living in blue states understand the pure hatred and ill will these people have for the left. They’re immune to any facts, logic or reason. The lefts strategy of rising above it and thinking facts will win the day is useless. In their warped minds, nice guys finish last and that’s exactly what’s happening. It’s time to accept that we’re dealing with truly horrific people, who’d burn this country to the ground if it meant winning. I don’t know why Hillary calling them deplorable was such a big deal, because that’s exactly what they are. I’m from a blood red state and in my opinion the left continues to underestimate the terrifying reality we’re dealing with. God help us all if the far-right is somehow able to tip the scales enough to render the left impotent.


This is so incredibly tone deaf that I'm not convinced that it is not satire.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12472
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:04 am

N583JB wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Really says it all. How do you reason with a group of people that venerate white vigilante justice? That get a hardon for Pinochet and Duterte? That cackle with delight at the suggestion of shooting immigrants on the border? That can never get enough bombing the mooselambs 'over there'? Where is the middle ground?



Oh, they’ll gladly go on about how they’d like to kill democrats, liberals and progressives as well. I’m not convinced that people living in blue states understand the pure hatred and ill will these people have for the left. They’re immune to any facts, logic or reason. The lefts strategy of rising above it and thinking facts will win the day is useless. In their warped minds, nice guys finish last and that’s exactly what’s happening. It’s time to accept that we’re dealing with truly horrific people, who’d burn this country to the ground if it meant winning. I don’t know why Hillary calling them deplorable was such a big deal, because that’s exactly what they are. I’m from a blood red state and in my opinion the left continues to underestimate the terrifying reality we’re dealing with. God help us all if the far-right is somehow able to tip the scales enough to render the left impotent.


This is so incredibly tone deaf that I'm not convinced that it is not satire.


Not really - from where a lot of independents sit, the loud voices in both parties are mirror images of each other’s inflexible BS. From what adjectives are permissible on the left to cheerleading vigilantism on the right. Mask wearing is a must at the mall, but large groups of young protesters, some unmasked is A-okay. 45 fans make no bones about supporting his version of cancel culture while vilifying same. Pelosi must reveal her wealth but 45 can keep his taxes secret, and so on. It’s all a big crapshoot - tone deaf is what all the loud voices are.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
Kno
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:


Oh, they’ll gladly go on about how they’d like to kill democrats, liberals and progressives as well. I’m not convinced that people living in blue states understand the pure hatred and ill will these people have for the left. They’re immune to any facts, logic or reason. The lefts strategy of rising above it and thinking facts will win the day is useless. In their warped minds, nice guys finish last and that’s exactly what’s happening. It’s time to accept that we’re dealing with truly horrific people, who’d burn this country to the ground if it meant winning. I don’t know why Hillary calling them deplorable was such a big deal, because that’s exactly what they are. I’m from a blood red state and in my opinion the left continues to underestimate the terrifying reality we’re dealing with. God help us all if the far-right is somehow able to tip the scales enough to render the left impotent.


This is so incredibly tone deaf that I'm not convinced that it is not satire.


Not really - from where a lot of independents sit, the loud voices in both parties are mirror images of each other’s inflexible BS. From what adjectives are permissible on the left to cheerleading vigilantism on the right. Mask wearing is a must at the mall, but large groups of young protesters, some unmasked is A-okay. 45 fans make no bones about supporting his version of cancel culture while vilifying same. Pelosi must reveal her wealth but 45 can keep his taxes secret, and so on. It’s all a big crapshoot - tone deaf is what all the loud voices are.


Couldn’t agree more. It’s become exhausting on the forums here.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18198
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Are We Witnessing The Demise of American Society

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:28 am

N583JB wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Really says it all. How do you reason with a group of people that venerate white vigilante justice? That get a hardon for Pinochet and Duterte? That cackle with delight at the suggestion of shooting immigrants on the border? That can never get enough bombing the mooselambs 'over there'? Where is the middle ground?



Oh, they’ll gladly go on about how they’d like to kill democrats, liberals and progressives as well. I’m not convinced that people living in blue states understand the pure hatred and ill will these people have for the left. They’re immune to any facts, logic or reason. The lefts strategy of rising above it and thinking facts will win the day is useless. In their warped minds, nice guys finish last and that’s exactly what’s happening. It’s time to accept that we’re dealing with truly horrific people, who’d burn this country to the ground if it meant winning. I don’t know why Hillary calling them deplorable was such a big deal, because that’s exactly what they are. I’m from a blood red state and in my opinion the left continues to underestimate the terrifying reality we’re dealing with. God help us all if the far-right is somehow able to tip the scales enough to render the left impotent.


This is so incredibly tone deaf that I'm not convinced that it is not satire.

I could print dozens and dozens of tweets from Dear Leader—from last night’s 80 tweet storm alone—here but I would be instantly banned. Tone deaf is Trump and the right’s wheelhouse. Deplorable is an aspirational stretch goal for his supporters.
I don't take responsibility at all

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mortyman, offloaded, olle, TheSonntag and 63 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos