Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tommy1808

Re: My prediction for the presidential debates

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:17 am

speedbird52 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:
Most people I have seen using the ANTIFA branding are anarchists though.

And most Ku Klux Klan members are MAGA supporters, too. Does that make you feel good?

Aloha717200 wrote:
It's a waste of time...Trump supporters see what they want to see, every time. Everything's a conspiracy, everything's unfair, Trump is always the victim yada yada.
America is exhausted. We're done with Trump.

Trump's claim of having Covid-19 should wake some of them up - but I have doubts that it will. Cult followers really do love the Kool-aid...

:roll:

Currently I feel it could go either way. If Trump wins, it will be slim, but he won't loose in the blowout so many expect. I am predicting he will loose Michigan and Pennsylvania

from: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/

The Chance of an utter 400+ EC votes blowout with a double digit popular vote lead is currently a good 50% higher than Trumps chance of winning at all. Which leaves Trump still an 18% chance of winning.

WarRI1 wrote:
if he wins it will be because of voter suppression and ignorance.

when was the last election a republican ticket won without voter suppression?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

sierrakilo44

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:06 am

tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Probably since the 50’s under Eisenhower.

Republican’s have only gained a popular vote win once since the 90’s which took a physical attack on the country and in the middle of a major war.

It’s also funny to know that analysis has shown if Joe Biden wins the popular vote by 3% he’s only 50/50 to win the electoral college, showing how skewed it is in favour of Republicans

flyguy89

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:58 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Probably since the 50’s under Eisenhower.

Bit of a stretch I think to attribute some of the 15+% margin Republican wins over the past 60 years to voter suppression.

sierrakilo44

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Who had the prediction of "Trump cowers out of another debate because he embarrassed himself in the last one?":

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... f=kKj7hWAI

casinterest

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:19 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Who had the prediction of "Trump cowers out of another debate because he embarrassed himself in the last one?":

Trump is the reason it has to be virtual. The man knows no shame. He is reckless and a danger physically and emotionally to this country.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
No reason not to do a real debate if Trump clears CDC protocol.

But he doesn't clear CDC protocol, so what's the excuse?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

casinterest

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:24 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
No reason not to do a real debate if Trump clears CDC protocol.

But he doesn't clear CDC protocol, so what's the excuse?

But really common. Since when has Trump listened to the CDC.

Trump isn't trying to move the dates because toe to toe he can't debate. He is better at feeding red meat to his base,
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

M564038

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Don’t play dumb! That only works if they are in separate rooms.
And this is exactly why the childish bully won’t participate. Interruption is his only tactic.

He is so desperate right now!

NIKV69 wrote:

No reason not to do a real debate if Trump clears CDC protocol. Another Biden dodge. As for muting people all you have to do is turn off the mics of in person debate when the candidates time has expired.

Aloha717200

Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
No reason not to do a real debate if Trump clears CDC protocol. Another Biden dodge. As for muting people all you have to do is turn off the mics of in person debate when the candidates time has expired.

This is my frustration with Trump supporters. They really will defend him on literally anything. He's a petulant child who demands his way or the highway and in this case he chose the highway. That's fine. Biden can talk to the American people for 90 minutes and actually get a word out, while Trump can go hold a rally and get more people infected and killed. Because 212,000 clearly isn't enough.

Tugger

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

This is my frustration with Trump supporters. They really will defend him on literally anything. He's a petulant child who demands his way or the highway and in this case he chose the highway. That's fine. Biden can talk to the American people for 90 minutes and actually get a word out, while Trump can go hold a rally and get more people infected and killed. Because 212,000 clearly isn't enough.

It is called TDS: Trump Derangement Syndrome. Trump somehow created unreal and explainable love and hatred in people and they cannot stop themselves from 100% supporting him or 100% being against him.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Tugger

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:34 pm

What I find funny is that Trump of course announces that he won't conduct a conversation, a debate, using "remote" systems, while being interviewed over the phone. Duh.....

Can't wait for his sycophantic interview on camera with Hannity. How can he allow that to happen? It has to be in person! Nothing else is acceptable!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

scbriml

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Another Biden dodge.

It's Trump that's refusing to participate, but somehow that's down to Biden? The right is getting desperate. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ER757

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:34 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:

Glad he's backing out - the US deserves a break from the clown show that was the first debate - and calling that hot mess a debate is stretching the definition of the word

alfa164

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
This is my frustration with Trump supporters. They really will defend him on literally anything. He's a petulant child who demands his way or the highway and in this case he chose the highway.

Who is the petulant child? Trump - or his supporters?

Is there a box where I can vote for "Both of the above"?

Tugger wrote:
It is called TDS: Trump Derangement Syndrome. Trump somehow created unreal and explainable love and hatred in people and they cannot stop themselves from 100% supporting him or 100% being against him.

:checkmark: . He, like Jim Jones and David Koresh and so many other deranged, narcissistic "truth-tellers" before him - has generated a personal cult which, in this case, has taken over a once-grand political party. It is amazing that so many American people, in this modern era, can still be drawn to a modern-day snake oil salesman. How anyone could believe this blustering, ignorant, uncouth bully should be held up as the leader of the free world is beyond my comprehension; I am sure psychologists and experts on human nature will be making case studies of this administration for decades to come.

To be fair, not all of his support is based in sincerity; there is a commercial aspect - and not just Russian, but home-grown as well - to many of the posts of admiration and support. It would be dishonest to suggest we have never seen it here...

;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... uth-group/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/8/21359 ... -instagram
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

NIKV69

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
[q

The issue isn't whether Biden is willing to debate in person or not. CONTEXT. The debates commission ruled the next one should be virtual because one participant is possibly still contagious AND likely violated testing protocol at the previous event. They can of course rule differently when conditions warrant.

So they just assumed he would still be carrying the virus in 7 days? It sure seems someone wants this Covid thing never to end.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Aaron747

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:08 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
[q

The issue isn't whether Biden is willing to debate in person or not. CONTEXT. The debates commission ruled the next one should be virtual because one participant is possibly still contagious AND likely violated testing protocol at the previous event. They can of course rule differently when conditions warrant.

So they just assumed he would still be carrying the virus in 7 days? It sure seems someone wants this Covid thing never to end.

I’m sure there was more to it than that. As Chris Wallace said, Trump and family arrived too late to the last one to follow proper testing protocols.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5194 ... relied?amp

The commission on debates is an NPO...I am sure they are just looking after their own liability and risk management obligations since one candidate has obviously shown inability to comply with rules.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Tugger

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:10 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
It sure seems someone wants this Covid thing never to end.

I know! Imagine how much further along we would be to a solution, a vaccine, wonderfully effective treatments etc. if only we had started to attack the problem and the virus head on two or three months earlier!

I mean just imagine: The economy would be in full recovery and doing fantastic, better than ever. A vaccine would be being released and available widely to all who wanted it. People would be at football game and out enjoying themselves together with their friends and others. And right now looking forward to a great Halloween and then after that Thanksgiving travel etc. Wow.... just awesome!

And Trump would be on his way to a blowout election win!

Just imagine.... if the nation had started to fight this earlier.... just imagine.... all we can do is imagine... cuz' someone in an important position of leadership didn't want to worry us by doing something.

Yeah, just imagine....

Tugg

Aaron747

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I know! Imagine how much further along we would be to a solution, a vaccine, wonderfully effective treatments etc. if only we had started to attack the problem and the virus head on two or three months earlier!

I mean just imagine: The economy would be in full recovery and doing fantastic, better than ever. A vaccine would be being released and available widely to all who wanted it. People would be at football game and out enjoying themselves together with their friends and others. And right now looking forward to a great Halloween and then after that Thanksgiving travel etc. Wow.... just awesome!

Just imagine.... if the nation had started to fight this earlier.... just imagine.... all we can do is imagine... cuz' someone in an important position of leadership didn't want to worry us by doing something.

Yeah, just imagine....

Tugg

Imagine too if the ‘GREAT BUSINESSMAN’ who has all the answers had simply adopted the steps most large companies already had in May: no more travel, masks for all, and sanitation procedures. Amazing that so many workplaces are not up shit’s creek right now without his wisdom!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I know! Imagine how much further along we would be to a solution, a vaccine, wonderfully effective treatments etc.

I wonder what Pence has to say about Trump being treated with chopped up fetuses.... ah..no... chopped up Babies. That is how Republicans see stem cells after all....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/t ... story.html

Best regards
Thomas

ltbewr

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:39 am

The 2nd/Town Hall format 'debate' is scheduled for next week. Trump won't do it virtually/remotely, Biden could appear, perhaps remotely, to his advantage to push the dangers and need to use sound health practices to deal with it.
To me the Presidential (and VP) debates have become near useless, nothing but free ads for the canidates, with weak questions, even weaker and evasive non-answers, filled with well rehearsed sound bites taken from their basic campaign speeches, and come too late for many as have already voted early.

speedbird52

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It is ludicrous to accuse Trump of being the reason people died from a virus, and I guarantee you under a Democratic president, you would never have suggested such a thing. Look at how poorly Europe is doing right now.

Lockdowns are an atrocious strategy that push the ball down the road while millions suffer the effects of substance abuse, increased depression and suicide, unemployment, and irreparable economic damage, and it is asinine to suggest a national lockdown would have fixed anything.

speedbird52

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Yeah, just imagine....

Tugg

If America did so poorly, that means other countries would have had to do better. Other countries had plenty of opportunities for a vaccine, and wonderfully effective treatments I assume, since as you said, they did so much better than us.

Where are they?

M564038

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:39 pm

Europe is doing better than the US by a factor of 10.

It got so big in the US because Trump refused the lockdown for a few crucial days in march.

Those few days did the big difference in the whole western world.

Now they choose to focus on their symbolic border-closing for chinese people that did nothing good.

Hillary would have been listening to the scientists and the doctors and not lousy PR advisors. You would have closed down by March 12 like the rest. The US wouldn’t even see 20 000 dead in the Horizon at this point.

speedbird52 wrote:
Aloha717200 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It is ludicrous to accuse Trump of being the reason people died from a virus, and I guarantee you under a Democratic president, you would never have suggested such a thing. Look at how poorly Europe is doing right now.

Lockdowns are an atrocious strategy that push the ball down the road while millions suffer the effects of substance abuse, increased depression and suicide, unemployment, and irreparable economic damage, and it is asinine to suggest a national lockdown would have fixed anything.

Newark727

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:54 am

speedbird52 wrote:

Annual suicides would have to more than quadruple to match the number of deaths caused by COVID-19. https://afsp.org/suicide-statistics/

Tugger

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:56 pm

speedbird52 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Yeah, just imagine....

Tugg

If America did so poorly, that means other countries would have had to do better. Other countries had plenty of opportunities for a vaccine, and wonderfully effective treatments I assume, since as you said, they did so much better than us.

Where are they?

You have tagged the wrong post obviously. I never said that. Never said or implied other countries did better. I spoke exclusively to how the USA would be further along the path, from vaccine development to economic recovery (doing better than other countries essentially) had we somehow started earlier.

Nothing about "other countries" in my post.

Tugg

Francoflier

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:30 pm

M564038 wrote:
Europe is doing better than the US by a factor of 10.

Is it? How so?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

DIRECTFLT

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 am

Note: This is a Debate Related Post...

Oct 15, 2020 / 03:44 PM EDT

C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.

The news came on the day of what was supposed to be a career highlight for the 30-year C-SPAN veteran. Scully was to moderate the second debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden.

https://www.wavy.com/news/c-span-suspen ... bout-hack/

Didn't make the Nightly News... :scratchchin:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:16 am

Maybe if Trump didn't weasel out of the debate it would have been more news worthy.

But fear not, hard to imagine he'd have embarrassed himself more than the town hall, but you can never underestimate him.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

N867DA

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 am

Today was supposed to be the second debate between President Trump and ex-VP Biden.

Summary here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/us/p ... e=Homepage
Summary here: https://www.foxnews.com/media/critics-p ... s-to-biden
*Headline article from each source selected

A bonus article for the Coronavirus deniers: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/us/p ... covid.html
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

tommy1808

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:23 am

N867DA wrote:
Today was supposed to be the second debate between President Trump and ex-VP Biden.

Summary here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/us/p ... e=Homepage
Summary here: https://www.foxnews.com/media/critics-p ... s-to-biden
*Headline article from each source selected

A bonus article for the Coronavirus deniers: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/us/p ... covid.html

One of the most interesting take aways: Trump essentially admitted on national TV that he is demented. ...... paraphrasing "Did you have a negative test before the presidential debate?", "I don´t remember".

best regards
Thomas

c933103

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 am

tommy1808 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

And most Ku Klux Klan members are MAGA supporters, too. Does that make you feel good?

Trump's claim of having Covid-19 should wake some of them up - but I have doubts that it will. Cult followers really do love the Kool-aid...

Currently I feel it could go either way. If Trump wins, it will be slim, but he won't loose in the blowout so many expect. I am predicting he will loose Michigan and Pennsylvania

The Chance of an utter 400+ EC votes blowout with a double digit popular vote lead is currently a good 50% higher than Trumps chance of winning at all. Which leaves Trump still an 18% chance of winning.

WarRI1 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I am slightly confused, but isn't this chart just about the number of state combinatoon that can lead to Biden winning versus Trump, instead of probability of each outcome?
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
A placeholder line
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

tommy1808

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:52 am

c933103 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:

WarRI1 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I am slightly confused, but isn't this chart just about the number of state combinatoon that can lead to Biden winning versus Trump, instead of probability of each outcome?

its a probability plot for possible permutations based on available state polls and their error margins, and as election day closes fundamentals (elasticity of a states electorate, economic indicators and such) get less value compared to polling. More available polling speeds the shift up. For example the Florida data has 82% of the forecast for Florida based on polls and 18% relies on factors like demographics and past voting patterns, for Georgia its 74/26%. The height gives you the probability for a specific outcome, the area unter the curve gives you the win/loss probability overall.

They made it fairly complex this year: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... -covid-19/

best regards
Thomas

ltbewr

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am

I watched most of Biden's 'town hall' and while not ideal in some of his responses and comments, he was comfortable, came off as competent and reasoned. From the comments I read/heard about Trump's town hall, with the first 19 minutes questions from the moderator NBC's Savanna Guthrie, it just proved Trump's gross incompetence, incoherence, tone deafness, racism, narcissism and corruption.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:33 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
One of the most interesting take aways: Trump essentially admitted on national TV that he is demented. ...... paraphrasing "Did you have a negative test before the presidential debate?", "I don´t remember".

best regards
Thomas

Not even remotely close to true, Thomas, and you know that. In fact, he said he takes so many tests on a weekly basis he couldn't say for certain whether or not he took one on a specific day. But nice try.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

alfa164

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:06 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
One of the most interesting take aways: Trump essentially admitted on national TV that he is demented. ...... paraphrasing "Did you have a negative test before the presidential debate?", "I don´t remember". best regards Thomas

Not even remotely close to true, Thomas, and you know that. In fact, he said he takes so many tests on a weekly basis he couldn't say for certain whether or not he took one on a specific day. But nice try.

So... Trump is the one with the "failing memory". I would think anyone headed into a presidential debate would be cognizant of whether or not he had taken a negative (or positive) test... but Trump, again, breaks with whatever any competent, non-delusional human being would do...

I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

N867DA

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:11 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/us/p ... e=Homepage

Sure sounds like the President is losing faith in re-election. I'm not going to argue about the merits of rushing regulatory changes that potentially kill people with little review or study, but bet it makes great debate fodder. Who knows, maybe he'll forget to sign the papers.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

tommy1808

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:14 pm

alfa164 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
One of the most interesting take aways: Trump essentially admitted on national TV that he is demented. ...... paraphrasing "Did you have a negative test before the presidential debate?", "I don´t remember". best regards Thomas

So... Trump is the one with the "failing memory". I would think anyone headed into a presidential debate would be cognizant of whether or not he had taken a negative (or positive) test... but Trump, again, breaks with whatever any competent, non-delusional human being would do...

:checkmark: Even if he took a test every hour of every day since the first case on US soil was detected, anyone not completely scrambled in the head would remeber when the first positive test was. Demented or lying are the only options in this.

So either Trump is mentally absolutely incompetent or is trying to hide that he was tested positive before the debate, and possibly tried to conveniently kill off his opponent. Not much grey area between tested positive and tested negative.

Best regards
Thomas

winginit

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:36 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Please, do you really mean for us to believe that Trump couldn't remember whether he took a test on the day of the debate? That's absurd. It seems clear, and aligns with public statements from the White House, that Trump in fact did not get tested at all the day of the debate - in clear violation of the terms of both the debate and the venue.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:20 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

:checkmark: Even if he took a test every hour of every day since the first case on US soil was detected, anyone not completely scrambled in the head would remeber when the first positive test was. Demented or lying are the only options in this.

So either Trump is mentally absolutely incompetent or is trying to hide that he was tested positive before the debate, and possibly tried to conveniently kill off his opponent. Not much grey area between tested positive and tested negative.

Best regards
Thomas

She didn’t ask about the positive test; he knows when that was, and confirmed it. She asked if he took a test prior to the debate, and he said he believed so but takes so many he can’t be sure. I myself had two COVID tests in the past week and a half to rule it out when diagnosing a different issue and couldn’t tell you with certainty exactly which days they occurred on without checking my calendar.

So the weak assertion that not committing with absolute certainty to one day equals dementia is pathetic. Funny how you’re not concerned about the other presidential candidate repeatedly forgetting what office he’s running for, or even where he is!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

ER757

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

This isn't going to make Dear Leader happy:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/joe-bide ... 28211.html

Of course the ratings were rigged, it's the only way he could lose :D

M564038

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm

It is no way POTUS’ SARS2-CoV19 tests aren’t logged. Since they could not reply, it means he tested positive or didn’t test before the debate.

There is no way this wasn’t known to Trump at the time, and it was huge and important.

That he didn’t know this yesterday means dementia.

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

She didn’t ask about the positive test; he knows when that was, and confirmed it. She asked if he took a test prior to the debate, and he said he believed so but takes so many he can’t be sure. I myself had two COVID tests in the past week and a half to rule it out when diagnosing a different issue and couldn’t tell you with certainty exactly which days they occurred on without checking my calendar.

So the weak assertion that not committing with absolute certainty to one day equals dementia is pathetic. Funny how you’re not concerned about the other presidential candidate repeatedly forgetting what office he’s running for, or even where he is!

bgm

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Don't you think there would be a record of when he was tested and what his result was? I mean, this is very basic stuff. You are not the President, he is. This stuff should all be recorded. They could've handed him a bit of paper with the dates he tested negative. Super easy, but they didn't do it. Also, super easy to release your taxes, but he won't...

Watched the Trump town hall and it was awful. Trump did not give any concrete answers, he has no concrete plan, nothing. It's all just rambling about the radical left and Antifa. Guthrie was wrong, Trump really is someone's crazy Uncle, as Mary will attest.

ltbewr

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:26 pm

A third 'debate' is scheduled for next Thursday, Oct. 22nd. in Nashville, TN. The basic question themes have been put out. So far nothing about immigration issues or how they would pay for their proposed programs. Likely it will be too little too late as the election is 12 days away and many more will have already voted by mail or at early voting sites. Biden has already committed, including complying with the Commission's Covid-19 protocols. It will be interesting to see if Trump will comply with the Covid-19 protocols, or just say as President, he doesn't have to follow them. I won't watch it as cannot stand Trump but will wait for the highlights (or lowlights) after it.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:53 pm

M564038 wrote:
It is no way POTUS’ SARS2-CoV19 tests aren’t logged. Since they could not reply, it means he tested positive or didn’t test before the debate.

There is no way this wasn’t known to Trump at the time, and it was huge and important.

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

He was asked RIGHT THERE ON THE STAGE to provide an answer. Not later, not the next day, RIGHT THEN. The guy isn’t going to have that at his fingertips, and he’s damn sure not going to stop the Town Hall Q&A with voters to satisfy the deranged line of questioning by Savannah Guthrie.

I don’t know why this is so difficult for you or others to comprehend.

Aaron747

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am

EA CO AS wrote:
M564038 wrote:

EA CO AS wrote:

He was asked RIGHT THERE ON THE STAGE to provide an answer. Not later, not the next day, RIGHT THEN. The guy isn’t going to have that at his fingertips, and he’s damn sure not going to stop the Town Hall Q&A with voters to satisfy the deranged line of questioning by Savannah Guthrie.

Probably because a lot of us have been in corporate or other organizational environments where communications are professionally handled. The issue of when testing was/wasn't done has been front and center of reporting on his positive test for over two weeks. WH PR staff have been evasive on timeline which suggests they know the actual testing record. It's not like the information is unavailable or records are not kept. The fact he can't remember - or is unwilling to provide - key information on something his PR people have been dealing with daily for two weeks suggests any number of things: terrible communication, poor attention to detail, inability to align messaging with that of staff, deliberate obfuscation, etc. Whatever the case, the end result is the same: just more evidence of a crazy circus of unprofessionalism by this WH. Competent leaders get out in front of issues like this. Imagine the response from independents and educated persons if he had said: 'I tested negative a few days before Barrett's ceremony and we probably had a false sense of security from the success of internal procedures to date. Obviously from my positive test and those of others who were there, we needed to be more careful. And that's my advice for any organization with a lot of public contact - be careful, make sure your procedures are robust, learn from mistakes as we have and don't put people unnecessarily at risk.'

stratosphere

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:26 am

ltbewr wrote:
I watched most of Biden's 'town hall' and while not ideal in some of his responses and comments, he was comfortable, came off as competent and reasoned. From the comments I read/heard about Trump's town hall, with the first 19 minutes questions from the moderator NBC's Savanna Guthrie, it just proved Trump's gross incompetence, incoherence, tone deafness, racism, narcissism and corruption.

Yeah I watched both too and was as I expected. Biden was treated with kid gloves with the audience packed with favorites and Trump was on the defensive right out of the gate. Now I have no problem with Savannah Guthrie slamming Trump with hard questions that should be their job. What I have a problem with is how Biden is protected at all costs and given softball questions and the bias in the media that is blatant. Kind of reminds me of when Donna Brazille gave Hillary the questions to the debates. You all talk about how Russia is interfering in our elections. Give me a break our own media outlets already bias the election they think somehow they let Trump win last time and they are bound and determined that will not happen again.

tommy1808

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:01 am

EA CO AS wrote:
M564038 wrote:

EA CO AS wrote:

Because their memory is still working in a pre-demenatia stage, and they know how good they can recall stuff.

She asked if he took a test prior to the debate, and he said he believed so but takes so many he can’t be sure.

"He believes so". His dementia is glaring you in the face and you just don't want to see it. You honestly believe he wasn't reminded that he had to take a test before the debate since that is what was agreed upon?

He absolutely has all the signs of rapid decline, but thanks to the Goldwater rule that isn't reported in the land of the free.

Best regards
Thomas

ER757

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 pm

So they are going to mute the mics in this week's debate so each candidate can get their full two minutes uninterrupted. This should be fun to watch........pass the popcorn please

casinterest

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:33 pm

ER757 wrote:
So they are going to mute the mics in this week's debate so each candidate can get their full two minutes uninterrupted. This should be fun to watch........pass the popcorn please

I bet Trump shouts over it anyway.
Either way, I will have already voted by then, probably.

Kent350787

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:32 pm

ER757 wrote:

Only for a statement from each at the beginning of each 15 minute session.

It will be interesting to see how Trump behave. Any sane person would listen quietly during that time, perhaps jotting down a note or two.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359