Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Elkadad313
Topic Author

My prediction for the presidential debates

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:28 am

I predict there will be none, at least not in-person (face-to-face). I don’t see how the Dems can possibly allow Biden to face Trump, even though he is verbally and factually challenged. He is quite possibly the only Democrat who could make Trump appear somewhat intelligible by comparison.

Therefore, on September 27, Joe Biden will ‘suddenly’ be afflicted with Covid-19. There will be few ‘setbacks’ in the process of his recovery, but he will finally and quite miraculously be deemed to have fully recovered and be fit for office by, umm, October 24. Of course, with the election being only a week or so off, there will be no time for debates.

In the event of a large public outcry, however, the fallback position for the Dems will be to offer a ‘compromise’ -- an online debate or two while Bidden is still quarantined. This way, the Dems can have teleprompters preloaded with answers to questions provided in advance by the complicit media. Biden has already demonstrated that he cannot ad lib in a debate, or at all for that matter. A few days ago he had to read from a teleprompter while talking about his own family: (https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/bid ... interview/)

In this scenario, with the number of debates having been whittled down to just one or, at the most, two, it’s a safe bet Fox will be cut out. Team Trump will insist on having a witness present so a suggested compromise would be to have a Fox representative be the observer. That would probably satisfy Trump but Fox is toxic to the Dems so they would likely find some way to avoid having to agree to this, offering to have a 'neutral' observer present. I can only imagine! Perhaps Dan Rather?

I am without a party (independent) and don't think either is worthy of my vote. What do others think about the question whether there should be debates or not? If no, why? And if yes, how should they be held? Does anyone think Biden can hold his own sans teleprompter, even against Trump who cannot form a single understandable/accurate sentence?

I suppose it remains possible Biden will not 'contract' C-19 and will agree to some or all three face-to-face debates and take his lumps, assuming that a combination of Trump’s unpopularity and public sympathy for him (Biden) will still win the day. This will be very interesting -- a match up between a certified, lying moron and someone who is obviously in a rapid state of mental decline.

apodino

Re: My prediction for the presidential debates

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:50 pm

I don't think it would be a good look for Biden, but Biden feels like the winning strategy for him is to play not to lose. In a covid situation though, there would be ways of still having the debate without having to have both candidates in person. You could have the moderator ask questions remotely, and then each candidate in their own bubble or studio can answer. It wont allow for any of the formats to be a town hall style, but I think this is the way to go. If Biden refuses this format, then they are handing the Trump campaign ammunition.

It is interesting to note that Trump has accepted interviews with George Stephanoapoulis, NBC News, and most of the major news networks in recent weeks. Biden has rejected or not responded to any interview requests from anyone save for CNN, and the Jake Tapper interview was not his best segment. As a voter who is not thrilled with Trump, I need reasons other than he is not Trump to vote for Biden, and Biden is not giving me any right now.

Also of note, Joe Rogan has offered to moderate a four hour debate between the candidates (I assume given Rogan's nature he would allow Jo Jorgensen and Howie Hawkins to participate as well) Biden hasn't responded, but Trump agreed to such a debate.

One last note, I happened to see who was on this so called non partisan list of people who run the commission on presidential debates. The list is a Who's who of wall street insiders and former Washington Establishment politicians including names such as Olympia Snowe, Jane Harman, and John Danforth. They may be non partisan in name, but they have an interest in protecting the status quo for the establishment.

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:59 pm

I like how people have forgotten that Joe Biden was the guy who wiped the floor with Paul Ryan during the 2012 debates.

And let's not forget that Trump was the one insisting that he would not participate in the debates originally because "they were unfair". Please!

stratosphere

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:12 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I like how people have forgotten that Joe Biden was the guy who wiped the floor with Paul Ryan during the 2012 debates.

And let's not forget that Trump was the one insisting that he would not participate in the debates originally because "they were unfair". Please!

It's not 2012 anymore and Biden has lost a lot of his cognitive ability it is obvious. I agree they are going to sit on Biden and hide him out until the last minute.

seb146

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Biden is not the best the Democrats could do.

That being said, he has already sounded more like a leader and more like an adult who understands letting science and reason lead. There will be debates, he will sound like an adult and a leader and all we will hear out of the right is praise for bullying and name calling by their dear leader.

M564038

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Biden is a great candidate with an amazing career, and an amazing lead in the race. This is simply factual.
This thread on the other hand is LOL!
Looking forward to the debates!

casinterest

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:37 pm

What a joke of a thread. Nothing of substance, just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases. Doesn't even get the debate dates correct.

Biden wiped the floor with Paul Ryan and will do so again with Trump.

Trump is looking to resurrect his attacks on a private citizen that served in the armed forces to distract from his lies.
Below are the actual dates of the debate.

The 2020 United States Presidential Debates will be held Tuesday, September 29, Thursday, October 15, and Thursday, October 22, 2020. The Vice Presidential debate will be held Wednesday, October 7, 2020.

seb146

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
I suppose it remains possible Biden will not 'contract' C-19 and will agree to some or all three face-to-face debates and take his lumps, assuming that a combination of Trump’s unpopularity and public sympathy for him (Biden) will still win the day. This will be very interesting -- a match up between a certified, lying moron and someone who is obviously in a rapid state of mental decline.

The candidate following science guidelines will probably not contract covid. That is a sound and well reasoned statement by you. However, after the maskless indoor rallies, I just wonder how long before MAGA will contract covid? Recall that Herman Cain quite possibly contracted and later died from covid. We can not be certain but his sickness follows the time frame that he would have contracted it at the Tulsa rally.

ltbewr

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 pm

I wish that Biden's camp would demand Trump produce his long, intentionally procrastinated tax returns and financial records before appearing in any of the debates. That would give both of them an out from these so-called 'debates' and getting hurt by them.

bhill

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
I predict there will be none, at least not in-person (face-to-face). I don’t see how the Dems can possibly allow Biden to face Trump, even though he is verbally and factually challenged. He is quite possibly the only Democrat who could make Trump appear somewhat intelligible by comparison.

Therefore, on September 27, Joe Biden will ‘suddenly’ be afflicted with Covid-19. There will be few ‘setbacks’ in the process of his recovery, but he will finally and quite miraculously be deemed to have fully recovered and be fit for office by, umm, October 24. Of course, with the election being only a week or so off, there will be no time for debates.

In the event of a large public outcry, however, the fallback position for the Dems will be to offer a ‘compromise’ -- an online debate or two while Bidden is still quarantined. This way, the Dems can have teleprompters preloaded with answers to questions provided in advance by the complicit media. Biden has already demonstrated that he cannot ad lib in a debate, or at all for that matter. A few days ago he had to read from a teleprompter while talking about his own family: (https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/bid ... interview/)

In this scenario, with the number of debates having been whittled down to just one or, at the most, two, it’s a safe bet Fox will be cut out. Team Trump will insist on having a witness present so a suggested compromise would be to have a Fox representative be the observer. That would probably satisfy Trump but Fox is toxic to the Dems so they would likely find some way to avoid having to agree to this, offering to have a 'neutral' observer present. I can only imagine! Perhaps Dan Rather?

I am without a party (independent) and don't think either is worthy of my vote. What do others think about the question whether there should be debates or not? If no, why? And if yes, how should they be held? Does anyone think Biden can hold his own sans teleprompter, even against Trump who cannot form a single understandable/accurate sentence?

So what do you care? You are not voting for either one...or perhaps you are going to waste your vote on a 3rd party....

stl07

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 pm

bhill wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:

So what do you care? You are not voting for either one...or perhaps you are going to waste your vote on a 3rd party....

This whole thread is pointless. This guy is one of those Never Trump Never Biden fools who probably spends too much time on twitter and reddit listening to Bernie Bros

NIKV69

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 pm

The shame of this is that the debates will be out of control probably from the 15 minute mark on. Biden was a good debater but he has early dementia and it may be tough to watch. Don't forget if he bombs bad at the first debate it will be tough to recover. Going to be interesting.

M564038

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 pm

There is nothing to suggest Joe Biden has early dementia. Keep this clean, and get yourself a better candidate if yours can’t beat him fairly.

NIKV69 wrote:
The shame of this is that the debates will be out of control probably from the 15 minute mark on. Biden was a good debater but he has early dementia and it may be tough to watch. Don't forget if he bombs bad at the first debate it will be tough to recover. Going to be interesting.

alfa164

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:47 pm

casinterest wrote:
What a joke of a thread. Nothing of substance, just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases. Doesn't even get the debate dates correct. Biden wiped the floor with Paul Ryan and will do so again with Trump. Trump is looking to resurrect his attacks on a private citizen that served in the armed forces to distract from his lies. Below are the actual dates of the debate.

The 2020 United States Presidential Debates will be held Tuesday, September 29, Thursday, October 15, and Thursday, October 22, 2020. The Vice Presidential debate will be held Wednesday, October 7, 2020.

Hmmm... an OP who joined only three weeks ago, and whose first thread is a baseless, self-invented conspiracy theory about using Covid-19 as excuse for Joe Biden not to participated in a debate...

:roll:

I think we have a name for these people. But we are not supposed to use the "T****" word - right?

Aaron747

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

They both have dementia - Trump’s decline is also obvious comparing to how he spoke 4-5 years ago. He is only lucid when coked up or slamming Adderall before a rally. In some of his pressers these last few months he can barely read his notes and looks seconds away from dozing off.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 am

M564038 wrote:
There is nothing to suggest Joe Biden has early dementia. Keep this clean, and get yourself a better candidate if yours can’t beat him fairly.

It is my opinion that his cognitive ability has declined big time in the last 4 years. Not hard to see. I stand by my opinion. Trump is the incumbent and in a fair election does win. He isn't a bad candidate he won white house didn't he?

Time will tell with Biden but if he does show up in person for the first debate he better be prepped better than the debate that Harris picked him apart that is for sure.

TangoandCash

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 am

Easy. No audience in the room. Podiums at least six feet apart. Moderator also distanced. If need be, test all the crew before/during/after.

WarRI1

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 am

alfa164 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
What a joke of a thread. Nothing of substance, just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases. Doesn't even get the debate dates correct. Biden wiped the floor with Paul Ryan and will do so again with Trump. Trump is looking to resurrect his attacks on a private citizen that served in the armed forces to distract from his lies. Below are the actual dates of the debate.

Hmmm... an OP who joined only three weeks ago, and whose first thread is a baseless, self-invented conspiracy theory about using Covid-19 as excuse for Joe Biden not to participated in a debate...

I think we have a name for these people. But we are not supposed to use the "T****" word - right?

How about Bot?? Starting with an R first.

alfa164

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:28 am

WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

How about Bot?? Starting with an R first.

I would bet you're right!

Kent350787

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 am

WHat's the current admin rules regarding inflammatory threads by flyby users? Do they leave them for the traffic or weed out the most egregious, such as this one?

sierrakilo44

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:06 am

I think there is more evidence that Biden isn’t the one in decline.

1. Just a week ago he made this speech, off the cuff, to reporters about veterans. Passionate, pointed, in control and aware:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobbyshriver ... 1494836224

2. Biden’s already agreed to 3 debates with Trump, (with actual journalists not MMA fighters), if he was in decline would he only have agreed to one or none?

3. Fox News hosts on Biden’s DNC speech:

Fox News host Dana Perino said Biden “hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth.”

“He had pace, rhythm, energy, emotion and delivery,” she said. “I think if he looks back, he’s gonna say, that’s probably the best speech of his life.”

The "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace described the speech as "enormously effective."

"Remember Donald Trump has been talking for months about Joe Biden as mentally shot, a captive from the left," Wallace said. I thought that he blew a hole — a big hole in that characterization."

4. A little further back but after his detractors started saying Biden was in mental decline, was his last Primary Debate with Bernie, where even Bernie Sanders supporters conceded Biden was sharp and aware.

5. Although not directly related to mental state Biden is in good physical health for his age, which is also a determinate for overall health. Here he is riding a bike while simultaneously delivering a quick witted answer (another sign of no cognitive decline) to a reporter’s question:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQXhzNDMWrg

Aaron747

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:46 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:

1. Just a week ago he made this speech, off the cuff, to reporters about veterans. Passionate, pointed, in control and aware:

2. Biden’s already agreed to 3 debates with Trump, (with actual journalists not MMA fighters), if he was in decline would he only have agreed to one or none?

Fox News host Dana Perino said Biden “hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth.”

“He had pace, rhythm, energy, emotion and delivery,” she said. “I think if he looks back, he’s gonna say, that’s probably the best speech of his life.”

The "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace described the speech as "enormously effective."

"Remember Donald Trump has been talking for months about Joe Biden as mentally shot, a captive from the left," Wallace said. I thought that he blew a hole — a big hole in that characterization."

4. A little further back but after his detractors started saying Biden was in mental decline, was his last Primary Debate with Bernie, where even Bernie Sanders supporters conceded Biden was sharp and aware.

5. Although not directly related to mental state Biden is in good physical health for his age, which is also a determinate for overall health. Here he is riding a bike while simultaneously delivering a quick witted answer (another sign of no cognitive decline) to a reporter’s question:

It’s obvious to everyone but the polemicists here.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 am

Aaron747 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

It’s obvious to everyone but the polemicists here.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

There are probably some good things about the Trump admin they could run on, but that would only point out how little he has accomplished, so the strategy seems to be blaming everything Trump is and does on Biden....

best regards
Thomas

Elkadad313
Topic Author

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
...just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases.

I am not looking forward to C-19. The scenario I laid out assumes Biden and his handlers will simply concoct this as an excuse to circumvent or minimize the number of debates.

casinterest wrote:
Doesn't even get the debate dates correct.

Intentional. The fake affliction begins a few days prior and is substantially healed a few days after.

casinterest

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
...just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases.

I am not looking forward to C-19. The scenario I laid out assumes Biden and his handlers will simply concoct this as an excuse to circumvent or minimize the number of debates.

casinterest wrote:
Doesn't even get the debate dates correct.

Intentional. The fake affliction begins a few days prior and is substantially healed a few days after.

So do you do rain dances on the side as well as predicting covid-19 afflictions?

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
There are probably some good things about the Trump admin they could run on, but that would only point out how little he has accomplished, so the strategy seems to be blaming everything Trump is and does on Biden....

And let's not forget projecting their failures to others. Trump asking to take a physical test, a drug test...

RNC Chair actually tweeted this.

stratosphere

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
M564038 wrote:

It is my opinion that his cognitive ability has declined big time in the last 4 years. Not hard to see. I stand by my opinion. Trump is the incumbent and in a fair election does win. He isn't a bad candidate he won white house didn't he?

Time will tell with Biden but if he does show up in person for the first debate he better be prepped better than the debate that Harris picked him apart that is for sure.

Biden and Harris are already calling it a Harris/Biden administration so we all know where sleepy Joe is going to be.. He may wind up the winner at the end then they will put ol Joe back in the basement so Kamala can start calling the shots..

seb146

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

stratosphere wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Biden and Harris are already calling it a Harris/Biden administration so we all know where sleepy Joe is going to be.. He may wind up the winner at the end then they will put ol Joe back in the basement so Kamala can start calling the shots..

Stratosphere: You have proof if any of this?

Nik: Carter and GHWB were both incumbents so, according to you, in a fair election, they both win. Are you now saying both elections were rigged?

kaitak

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm

I have seen Joe Biden and I've seen Donald Trump. The latter blusters, he lies and lies and lies. He may not actually believe that he is lying, but his statements are incorrect; I suspect that Joe will pull Donnie up on many of these, which will frustrate Donnie more and more and you will see him lose his rag. Donnie is not a detail person (or to be more accurate, his a detail person - just all his details are wrong); Joe will be much hotter on detail. You only need to hear the two of them speak to know who will perform better. Trump performs better when he's with his own - ill-educated MAGA-hatters and people he can feed BS to without fear of being called out. The debates will not be that kind of event. And on top of that, Joe will not stand for Donnie stomping around the stage.

Remember how worried Trump's handlers were about him giving evidence to Bob Mueller? That's probably much the same way they're feeling now.

lugie

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Yikes.

Straight out of Trump's pseudo-authoritarian playbook. Planting the seeds to delegitimize all electoral outcomes where your guy doesn't win.

"Trump will win in a fair election" -> "If he loses the election was obviously rigged and I will not recognize the outcome"

NIKV69 wrote:

We don't even have a benchmark for Trump because all he does is shout his dumb slogans at arenas full of his moronic supporters.

Case in point his abysmal showing at the ABC townhall, which if I'm not mistaken marks the first time since 2016 that he had to face an audience that isn't entirely made up of brainwashed sycophants.

(and, it goes without saying, of course Fox News State TV immediately rushed to his defense, calling the townhall an "ambush")

Source

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm

kaitak wrote:
The debates will not be that kind of event. And on top of that, Joe will not stand for Donnie stomping around the stage.

And given Covid restrictions, the audience will be very small, if any is allowed at all. Definitely new terrain for Trump where he'll be fact checked left and right and not have his MAGA audience booing Biden while cheering Trump.

TTailedTiger

Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
What a joke of a thread. Nothing of substance, just a fortune teller looking forward to covid-19 diseases. Doesn't even get the debate dates correct.

Trump is looking to resurrect his attacks on a private citizen that served in the armed forces to distract from his lies.

You really think Biden is the same person he was in 2012? Trump held his own during the debates with Hillary. She was a fierce opponent who was far more competent than Trump on a debate stage. What Trump would do to Biden in a debate would just be sad for everyone.

https://youtu.be/YGJGI1d96Ns

TTailedTiger

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:04 pm

kaitak wrote:
I have seen Joe Biden and I've seen Donald Trump. The latter blusters, he lies and lies and lies. He may not actually believe that he is lying, but his statements are incorrect; I suspect that Joe will pull Donnie up on many of these, which will frustrate Donnie more and more and you will see him lose his rag. Donnie is not a detail person (or to be more accurate, his a detail person - just all his details are wrong); Joe will be much hotter on detail. You only need to hear the two of them speak to know who will perform better. Trump performs better when he's with his own - ill-educated MAGA-hatters and people he can feed BS to without fear of being called out. The debates will not be that kind of event. And on top of that, Joe will not stand for Donnie stomping around the stage.

Remember how worried Trump's handlers were about him giving evidence to Bob Mueller? That's probably much the same way they're feeling now.

Why didn't that happen with the Hillary debates then?

The Democrat's train is running off the track and they are terrified. You've got Black men, Black women, Hispanics, and gay people all running in GOP races. These are groups the Democeats have thought the had the right to control for decades. Their fun is over.

casinterest

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:13 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You really think Biden is the same person he was in 2012? Trump held his own during the debates with Hillary. She was a fierce opponent who was far more competent than Trump on a debate stage. What Trump would do to Biden in a debate would just be sad for everyone.

Trump lost those debates. His only success was in getting the Russians to help lie to the Rust Belt states.

M564038

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 pm

I can not fathom where you get your «news» from.
There is no one outside the Maga-cult that even remotely shares this analysis. I really don’t mean to make fun of you, but you do know most of the US population, and a very strong majority of the rest of the worlds population, together with every single intellectual, election expert, political scientist, historioan, sociologist or any other relevant field disagrees with you. And even pity you. This is going to be the end of right-wing extremism in american politics for a long time! Thankfully!

The un-educated male, white population of the american south is more and more alone in their desperate, pitiful cult. This is the last election they could hope to decide. But they have already lost it.

TTailedTiger wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Why didn't that happen with the Hillary debates then?

The Democrat's train is running off the track and they are terrified. You've got Black men, Black women, Hispanics, and gay people all running in GOP races. These are groups the Democeats have thought the had the right to control for decades. Their fun is over.

Elkadad313
Topic Author

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm

casinterest wrote:

So do you do rain dances on the side as well as predicting covid-19 afflictions?

To be precise, as previously explained I did not predict a Covid-19 affliction, but a likely fake affliction concocted by Biden and his handlers.

seb146

Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Tiger, you are right about one thing: Biden is not the same person he was in 2012. He has grown and learned and expanded his mind. He understands he does not know it all and understands there are those smarter than him about some things.

As far as the debates, it will be the same things we heard with the Hillary debates. Biden, like Hillary, will sound like a leader and sound adult and factual. Biden will know he is under the microscope from the MAGA cult so he will be on his A game. The MAGA leader will simply be shouting and name calling and bullying, saying nothing of substance, just phrases that will gin up his base.

casinterest

Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 am

Elkadad313 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

To be precise, as previously explained I did not predict a Covid-19 affliction, but a likely fake affliction concocted by Biden and his handlers.

You must be far too used to Trump's lies and cowardice.

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am

seb146 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Tiger, you are right about one thing: Biden is not the same person he was in 2012. He has grown and learned and expanded his mind. He understands he does not know it all and understands there are those smarter than him about some things.

As far as the debates, it will be the same things we heard with the Hillary debates. Biden, like Hillary, will sound like a leader and sound adult and factual. Biden will know he is under the microscope from the MAGA cult so he will be on his A game. The MAGA leader will simply be shouting and name calling and bullying, saying nothing of substance, just phrases that will gin up his base.

You seem to think that's a losing strategy. It wasn't in 2016 and it won't be in 2020.

Democrats have no praise for Biden. Just hate for Trump. And that's quite telling. Many people actually adored Hillary.

alfa164

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 am

casinterest wrote:

... or writing from a script aimed at creating misdirection. disinformation, and conspiracy theories...

N867DA

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

You seem to think that's a losing strategy. It wasn't in 2016 and it won't be in 2020.

Democrats have no praise for Biden. Just hate for Trump. And that's quite telling. Many people actually adored Hillary.

Democrats are pretty thrilled about the prospect of not having Trump in the White House, and this is a huge selling point. If America really wants someone who says, "I take no responsibility for that at all" as a leader in the White House, so be it. Honestly I get it--if I happened to be a Republican I would probably not vote or begrudgingly vote Trump because the other candidates would not fit my views at all. This president is terrible at uniting people and brings as much class and elegance to the table as a poorly maintained rest area toilet stall but at least he says small government, pro-life, yada yada.

The power of incumbency cannot be understated, as John Kerry and Mitt Romney will attest.. If held, these debates will be entertaining because both camps are fairly confident their opponent is losing their marbles. Biden will want to paint Trump into a corner on policy and leadership failures; is America really 'Great' now? But Trump will win by saying nothing substantial and having great slogans.

Elkadad313
Topic Author

Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:43 am

casinterest wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Read post no. 1. I don't have a dog in this fight. Just want to see an even playing field.

Blurp2

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 am

M564038 wrote:
The un-educated male, white population of the american south is more and more alone in their desperate, pitiful cult. This is the last election they could hope to decide. But they have already lost it.

I lean left myself, and am by most standards pretty well educated, but I look at the voters on both sides and the Trump voters seem much more sensible on one issue: appraisal of the whole situation politically. The Dems in this election just cannot understand why anyone would vote Trump. The Republicans, on the other hand, can see the case for Biden and have simply chosen differently. IMHO. I'm not pulling for Trump, but I think he's got a MUCH better chance to pull it out than any Dem I've heard seems to understand. And that would not be a tragedy. The way the NY Times reads, voting for Trump is insane. But it's really not. And the Dems just don't seem to see that. That's going to make a big difference, I think.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

Elkadad313 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:

Read post no. 1. I don't have a dog in this fight. Just want to see an even playing field.

Two septuagenarians with dementia...what could be more even than that?

tommy1808

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:01 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

because all those people saying "That is just Trump campaigning, once he is in office he will be a different person and apply his business experience to the office" are too stupid to realize that wasn´t and won´t be the case?
And you seem to believe he won in a land slide, when he barely won by few votes he just happened to get in just the right places .....

best regards
Thomas

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:21 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:

because all those people saying "That is just Trump campaigning, once he is in office he will be a different person and apply his business experience to the office" are too stupid to realize that wasn´t and won´t be the case?
And you seem to believe he won in a land slide, when he barely won by few votes he just happened to get in just the right places .....

best regards
Thomas

You don't seem to have learned your lesson from 2016. Y'all said he would never win any primaries, never win the nomination, and never beat Hillary. Wrong on all three. I would think you all would have learned some humility since then.

Trump isn't a politician and isn't part of the DC establishment. He owed none of those crooked lifetime politicians ((both D and R) a thing. That's why I like him and that's why they hate him.

Bush should have been charged with war crimes after going into Iraq by lying to everyone. But instead he was reelected. Trump's got nothing on that sick family. I was so glad the day Jeb dropped put of the race.

tommy1808

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:34 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

best regards
Thomas

You don't seem to have learned your lesson from 2016.

Trumps chance of winning on election eve was ~30%, so it wasn´t unlikely he´d win 2016, and hence there isn´t a lesson to learn. As of now his chance is 24%, which isn´t zero, but a lot closer to it than the 100% you give him. Seems you didn´t learn the lesson that polling in 2016 was essentially correct, and seem to buy into the myth they where all wrong.

best regards
Thomas

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:43 am

tommy1808 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

You don't seem to have learned your lesson from 2016.

Trumps chance of winning on election eve was ~30%, so it wasn´t unlikely he´d win 2016, and hence there isn´t a lesson to learn. As of now his chance is 24%, which isn´t zero, but a lot closer to it than the 100% you give him. Seems you didn´t learn the lesson that polling in 2016 was essentially correct, and seem to buy into the myth they where all wrong.

best regards
Thomas

I've made no predictions and said just this week that anyone who does is foolish. Trump beat a very strong candidate with Hillary. My point is that you certainly shouldn't discount him again.

Just look at Biden's speech in Florida. There's like four people clapping and he missed the cue. Not to mention people in the Latino community showing up with warnings about socialism.

https://youtu.be/OyQcIJmrpwI

tommy1808

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:52 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Trump beat a very strong candidate with Hillary.

she was the, by far, least liked democratic candidate since that number is polled in 1956 by double digits....

best regards
Thomas

N14AZ

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Trump beat a very strong candidate with Hillary.

I am surprised you say something like this. She wasn’t that popular and represented things people in the swing states were not interested anymore.. so they voted for a change, so to speak.

I think the Democrats lost when they nominated Hilary. They should have come up with a fresh new candidate. I hope, for the Democrats, they didn’t repeat this mistake when they again tried to stay on the safe side by nominating Biden instead of a fresh new candidate... we shall see.