Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:49 pm

Didn't agree with her views but she served on the bench honorably.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics ... index.html
I am the Googlizer!!!

apodino

Ruth Bader Ginsberg passes away at 87

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 pm

Well, Ruth Bader Ginsberg passed away tonight. While I didnt agree with her judicial philosophy, she was a brilliant legal mind and a valued member of the Supreme Court for a long time. She will definitely be missed.

Unfortunately, this is going to spark a real civil war, as Trump and McConnell are going to try to ram her replacement through before a new Senate can be sworn in. I would definitely look for a lame duck session.

stratosphere

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg passes away at 87

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:58 pm

apodino wrote:
Well, Ruth Bader Ginsberg passed away tonight. While I didnt agree with her judicial philosophy, she was a brilliant legal mind and a valued member of the Supreme Court for a long time. She will definitely be missed.

Unfortunately, this is going to spark a real civil war, as Trump and McConnell are going to try to ram her replacement through before a new Senate can be sworn in. I would definitely look for a lame duck session.

Hate to see anyone pass but she lived a long life 10 years longer than my mom and 30 years longer than my father and brother. I really think there should be a mandatory retirement age for the high bench as well as congress and especially the president. But that said RIP she served honorably even though I didn't agree with her judicial rulings.

GalaxyFlyer

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:01 am

She did that. Interestingly, she was, off the bench, good friends with Justice Scalia. They have cook outs and Thanksgivings with family at the Watergate building.

wingman

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:03 am

Really devastating news. I expect the GOP to abide by its own words from Obama's final year appointment effort. Haha, right.

extender

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:03 am

That she did. Rest in Peace.

N583JB

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:04 am

RBG was a true warrior; she served admirably and honorably. By all appearances she lived a great and full life. I wish she had made it to January, because the fight over what to do with her seat is going to be brutal.

TTailedTiger

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:06 am

RIP Ruth. She was a remarkable lady.

I'm guessing Amy Comey Barrett is being paged as we speak.

ltbewr

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:10 am

Damm, too bad she couldn't have stayed alive until after hopefully Biden is President and The Senate in Democrats control, Democratic party leaders must make it clear, do what ever it takes to prevent any attempt to replace her until after 1/21/21. I bet Trump and Republicans are having orgasms over the possibility of replacing her before they lose control.
You know Trump will nominate a woman, one who is anti-abortion, anti-GLTBQ, borderline racist, against human rights and a pro-corporate absolutists.

alberchico

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

ltbewr wrote:
Damm, too bad she couldn't have stayed alive until after hopefully Biden is President and The Senate in Democrats control, Democratic party leaders must make it clear, do what ever it takes to prevent any attempt to replace her until after 1/21/21. I bet Trump and Republicans are having orgasms over the possibility of replacing her before they lose control.
You know Trump will nominate a woman, one who is anti-abortion, anti-GLTBQ, borderline racist, against human rights and a pro-corporate absolutists.

There simply isn't time for anyone to be nominated until next year. It's a long process just to find someone.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Jetsgo

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:16 am

RIP Ruth and condolences to her loved ones.

Trump gets another pick and gets re-elected. 2020 finishing strong.
Last edited by Jetsgo on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

N583JB

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:19 am

alberchico wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

There simply isn't time for anyone to be nominated until next year. It's a long process just to find someone.

It is a formality. They already have a list and the Republicans control the senate. They will appoint someone before inauguration day.

deltairlines

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:26 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
RIP Ruth. She was a remarkable lady.

I'd put my money on Amy Coney Barrett being the nominee. Great credentials (mentored under Justice Scalia, currently on the 7th circuit), bona fide conservative with Originalist views and a female.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:32 am

N583JB wrote:
alberchico wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

It is a formality. They already have a list and the Republicans control the senate. They will appoint someone before inauguration day.

That’s all well and good but:

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

Also word is already out that Senator Collins is not on board with rapid replacement.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:36 am

I’d guess the Democrats can delay any nomination procedurally. Her death does give Trump a stump speech to rally his voters—I get another conservative appointment come January 21st. Probably the strongest outcome has been his judicial picks if you are a conservative who’d like to see government trimmed back. And not see “legislators in robes” as we saw this week in Pennsylvania where the state supremes just rewrote the law out of nothing on mail-in ballots. Pennsylvania is now a contender for being the Florida of 2020.
Last edited by GalaxyFlyer on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

N583JB

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:36 am

Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
alberchico wrote:

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

Also word is already out that Senator Collins is not on board with rapid replacement.

2016 was four years ago. Zero chance that this seat goes unfilled before the inauguration. Collins can vote no all she wants....4 GOP senators would need to defect and that isn't going to happen. The senate can flip blue in November and the GOP would still be able to confirm a justice before January.

TTailedTiger

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:38 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I’d guess the Democrats can delay any nomination procedurally. Her death does give Trump a stump speech to rally his voters—I get another conservative appointment come January 21st. Probably the strongest outcome has been his judicial picks if you are a conservative who’d like to see government trimmed back. And not see “legislators in robes” as we saw this week in Pennsylvania where the state supremes just rewrote the law out of nothing on mail-in ballots. Pennsylvania is now a contender for being the Florida of 2020.

Agreed 100%. There's no way Trump nominates anyone before the election. He will also point out that the Dems have promised to pull an FDR and pack the court if they win.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:40 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

He should probably stop polluting that message with states’ rights violations like mandatory patriotic education then.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

The people did have a voice they elected a president in 2016 and a Senate as well. I am not so sure the Dems would wait if they had the incumbent running for a second term but I have mixed emotions on it this late in the game. Either way IIRC they only need 50 Senators to get this done. It's a double edge sword. It can put either party in a bad light right before the election. Well the Silly season just got more silly.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

Well the Silly season just got more silly.

That much is certain!

DfwRevolution

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
alberchico wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

1.) Among the accolades that Ginsberg deserves, I think she should be notably commended for the lifelong friendships she developed with people of all walks. More of that is needed.

2.) McConnell dutifully enforced the Biden Rule in 2016. But everyone forgets the Biden Rule applies to second-term presidencies. There is no assurance there will be a “new” President in January, so why should this one stop using his Constitutional powers? :scratchchin:

3.) I do think Trump should nominate a judge now, but think the Senate should vote to confirm after inauguration. Having a nominee now makes the election a more concrete referendum out of senate races.

4.) But if Republicans want to confirm before inauguration, that is their right. They hold the Senate and the Presidency. Them the rules. If Democrats claim they will pack the court next time they hold both, then call me skeptical that they wouldn’t do it anyway if Republicans exercise restraint now. We learned that lesson with judicial cloture.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

fr8mech

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:28 am

While I am pretty much diametrically opposed to her political ideology, she bull-dozed a path for women to follow. A major loss to The Court and to Americans.

I will miss reading her opinions, especially those in contrast to mine.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

zkojq

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:37 am

I watched RBG on a flight to Hong Kong last year and really enjoyed it. Seemed like an amazing lady.

RIP Ruth.
First to fly the 787-9

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 am

DfwRevolution wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

1.) Among the accolades that Ginsberg deserves, I think she should be notably commended for the lifelong friendships she developed with people of all walks. More of that is needed.

2.) McConnell dutifully enforced the Biden Rule in 2016. But everyone forgets the Biden Rule applies to second-term presidencies. There is no assurance there will be a “new” President in January, so why should this one stop using his Constitutional powers? :scratchchin:

3.) I do think Trump should nominate a judge now, but think the Senate should vote to confirm after inauguration. Having a nominee now makes the election a more concrete referendum out of senate races.

4.) But if Republicans want to confirm before inauguration, that is their right. They hold the Senate and the Presidency. Them the rules. If Democrats claim they will pack the court next time they hold both, then call me skeptical that they wouldn’t do it anyway if Republicans exercise restraint now. We learned that lesson with judicial cloture.

Senators Grassley and Graham are on record saying they would oppose any SCOTUS nomination vote in 2020 after the primaries. Graham has his own re-election to worry about.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... nominee-in

Murkowski and Tillis are also on record in opposition to lame-duck votes. Tillis is also up for re-election. Romney is unlikely to support a rush vote. Can McConnell hold things together with five potential nays from his end? That's the big question.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/517 ... -vacancies

NYCVIE

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Agreed 100%. There's no way Trump nominates anyone before the election. He will also point out that the Dems have promised to pull an FDR and pack the court if they win.

Mitch McConnell made it clear that Trump WILL nominate someone. Just shameful, really.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:45 am

Lovely little featurette on Justice Ginsburg from NYT. I did not know or perhaps forgot that she had tried many sex discrimination cases where the plaintiffs were men. You don't have to agree with all of her positions but her basic precept - that law cannot be based on preconceived notions - is baseline spirit of justice. Very impressed that she went to bat for a widower who was fighting to be allowed to spend more time with his kids.

https://youtu.be/VRlEFT-44Ik

TTailedTiger

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:50 am

NYCVIE wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Mitch McConnell made it clear that Trump WILL nominate someone. Just shameful, really.

Trump has made no comment on what he will do. McConnell can't force him to do anything.

NYCVIE

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:23 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Trump has made no comment on what he will do. McConnell can't force him to do anything.

Do we really need to wait for the sun to come up tomorrow to know it's coming? Anyways, ABC News is reporting that according to sources close to Trump, he's expected to present a nominee in the coming days.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald- ... d=73107862

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:32 am

NYCVIE wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:

Do we really need to wait for the sun to come up tomorrow to know it's coming? Anyways, ABC News is reporting that according to sources close to Trump, he's expected to present a nominee in the coming days.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald- ... d=73107862

According to Trump, unnamed sources are always fake. Can’t believe anything they say because they’ll say anything :lol:

stl07

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 am

fr8mech wrote:
While I am pretty much diametrically opposed to her political ideology, she bull-dozed a path for women to follow. A major loss to The Court and to Americans.

I will miss reading her opinions, especially those in contrast to mine.

I agree, I disagreed with a lot of stuff as well, but I really admire her as a person. Another surprising thing that I really really admire was how AOC come into power against the Crowley machine
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

KFLLCFII

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 am

By the end of Trump's second term, there would most likely be at minimum 4 of his nominations on the bench, and possibly 5.

Astounding.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

deltairlines

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:17 am

KFLLCFII wrote:
By the end of Trump's second term, there would most likely be at minimum 4 of his nominations on the bench, and possibly 5.

Astounding.

I would say a possibility of six justices nominated by President Trump when he wins election in November. Breyer is 83, and I would see Justices Alito and Thomas retiring (both are over 70) to make sure that President Trump would nominate some younger blood to take their spots to ensure a continued conservative court for the next generation.

KFLLCFII

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 am

deltairlines wrote:
KFLLCFII wrote:

Astounding.

I would say a possibility of six justices nominated by President Trump when he wins election in November. Breyer is 83, and I would see Justices Alito and Thomas retiring (both are over 70) to make sure that President Trump would nominate some younger blood to take their spots to ensure a continued conservative court for the next generation.

Good point about Alito. Probably shouldn't have too much of a concern though with Ivanka or Don Jr in the bullpen.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 am

Rest in peace, Justice Ginsburg. You served this nation with honor and dignity, and I hope you and Justice Scalia are happy to continue your friendship in heaven.

Aaron747 wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

That applied to when the Senate and the Presidency were under the control of two different parties, and that's not the case here. In any event, I have the solution to the problem: President Trump should nominate Merrick Garland to fill the vacancy. According to all accounts he’s moderate. Dare the Democrats to block him; if they do, they’re just being partisan hacks. And either way the President comes out looking reasonable and moderate just before the election.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 am

DfwRevolution wrote:
But if Republicans want to confirm before inauguration, that is their right. They hold the Senate and the Presidency. Them the rules. If Democrats claim they will pack the court next time they hold both, then call me skeptical that they wouldn’t do it anyway if Republicans exercise restraint now. We learned that lesson with judicial cloture.

Rest assured that if the Democrats controlled the Presidency and the Senate right now, they'd have no problem with nominating, confirming, and seating a new associate justice before the election.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

DL717

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 am

wingman wrote:
Really devastating news. I expect the GOP to abide by its own words from Obama's final year appointment effort. Haha, right.

Those words applied to a split party between the President and Senate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_G ... nomination

RIP Ruth. Didn’t like your politics in any way, shape or form. Nevertheless, you were able to keep politics at bay from time to time and you had your own voice, unlike the other two women on SCOTUS.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:07 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Rest in peace, Justice Ginsburg. You served this nation with honor and dignity, and I hope you and Justice Scalia are happy to continue your friendship in heaven.

Aaron747 wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

That applied to when the Senate and the Presidency were under the control of two different parties, and that's not the case here. In any event, I have the solution to the problem: President Trump should nominate Merrick Garland to fill the vacancy. According to all accounts he’s moderate. Dare the Democrats to block him; if they do, they’re just being partisan hacks. And either way the President comes out looking reasonable and moderate just before the election.

Senators Grassley and Graham do not agree with your take.

Aesma

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:03 am

N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

2016 was four years ago. Zero chance that this seat goes unfilled before the inauguration. Collins can vote no all she wants....4 GOP senators would need to defect and that isn't going to happen. The senate can flip blue in November and the GOP would still be able to confirm a justice before January.

If Trump wins then this is moot.

If Trump loses, the GOP is now faced with keeping with Trumpian politics without Trump, or walking back some of the craziness. Surely a first step would be to honor the vote of the American people and let Biden nominate Ginsburg's replacement ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

scbriml

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:20 am

Aesma wrote:

If Trump loses, the GOP is now faced with keeping with Trumpian politics without Trump, or walking back some of the craziness. Surely a first step would be to honor the vote of the American people and let Biden nominate Ginsburg's replacement ?

That would require the Republicans to be sensible. Can't see it happening.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Francoflier

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:27 am

Aesma wrote:
Surely a first step would be to honor the vote of the American people and let Biden nominate Ginsburg's replacement ?

Lol. This is the GOP we're talking about here... Expect a full blown scorched earth policy.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Aesma

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:36 am

If the Dems get the presidency and both house and senate (a real possibility), wouldn't they then feel entitled to retaliate by whatever means necessary ? Like upping the number of SCOTUS seats up to 11 or 13 ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

N583JB

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:53 am

Aesma wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

- Mitch McConnell, 2016

The SCOTUS is bigger than Trump. An appointment made now would impact the court for a generation. The GOP is not going to let any short-term misgivings about Trump get in the way of solidifying a rock-solid conservative majority on the SCOTUS for decades to come.

OzarkD9S

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:06 am

I weep for the future of this once-great nation. RIP RBG.
Next up: STL DEN PSP DEN STL

lugie

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:48 am

Rest in Peace, Justice Ginsburg.

Really not the type of news you want to wake up to.

EA CO AS wrote:

I would fully support him if he did that.

But we both know there's a snowball's chance in hell this will ever happen.
Trump's sole motivating factor behind every single action, law and speech of his over the nearly 4 years was destroying as much of Obama's legacy and general social and societal progress as possible.

Trump knows there's a decent chance he won't win a second term so he'll nominate a hardcore right winger, preferably as young as possible so any progressive policies won't stand a chance in the SC over the next decades.

He's that spiteful.

Watch him pick Tom Cotton just to dial the anti-progressivism up a notch toward fascism.

And spineless Senate Republicans will play unsure/"concerned" for a few weeks on record before confirming the nominee in a lame-duck session.
It will happen.

Aesma wrote:
If the Dems get the presidency and both house and senate (a real possibility), wouldn't they then feel entitled to retaliate by whatever means necessary ? Like upping the number of SCOTUS seats up to 11 or 13 ?

I sure hope they would.
Time to fight fire with fire.

You can't keep trying to win by taking the high road when the electorate doesn't objectively care about high roads anymore (unless it fits their own agenda and yields a witty tweet), all while the other side consistently finds ways to go for even lower undemocratic blows.
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY

727LOVER

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Senators Grassley and Graham do not agree with your take.

Dude, did you note the date on that?

This would involve a politician keeping his word.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Alias1024

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:19 pm

This is going to get interesting as several Republican senators are in very tight reelection races and they are put in a tough position if Trump nominates someone before the election. Cram a nomination through and many independents will be turned off by the hypocrisy compared to four years ago. Don't cram a nominee through and the Republican base will be angry. Need both groups to win, so what's an incumbent to do?

EA CO AS wrote:
That applied to when the Senate and the Presidency were under the control of two different parties, and that's not the case here.

People are stupid but they aren't that stupid.

Everyone understood the real meaning of the "Biden Rule" was that when a presidential election is close the people should vote on who they want making the nomination and confirming it. This is several months closer to the election than the nomination of Merrick Garland. Anyone arguing it shouldn't apply is engaged in sophistry to advance their political agenda.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

N867DA

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Justice Ginsburg was a lion of the court and a role model for all women, and indeed all Americans. Even if one disagrees with her political views she showed grit and persistence in the face of decades of adversity.

The nicest thing Senator McConnell can do for America is leave office. I worry his rhetoric, duplicity, and actions are making this country into a banana republic His release vowing to ram a new justice through before the justice's body is cold--a complete 180 from his position last time this happened--shows he has no honor at all. There are very great champions of American conservatism and traditional values. This guy isn't one of them, and he is even more cancerous to America than any President could be. America will be better off when he leaves office.

If Trump gets his pick, the first thing a Democratic president/senate should do is pack or expand the court. Dump the filibuster, amend the Judiciary Act, expand the court to 15, and shove 7 super liberal people more. It's what Mitch would do.There is no civility with trash like McConnell in governance.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

N583JB

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:40 pm

N867DA wrote:
Justice Ginsburg was a lion of the court and a role model for all women, and indeed all Americans. Even if one disagrees with her political views she showed grit and persistence in the face of decades of adversity.

The nicest thing Senator McConnell can do for America is leave office. I worry his rhetoric, duplicity, and actions are making this country into a banana republic His release vowing to ram a new justice through before the justice's body is cold--a complete 180 from his position last time this happened--shows he has no honor at all. There are very great champions of American conservatism and traditional values. This guy isn't one of them, and he is even more cancerous to America than any President could be. America will be better off when he leaves office.

If Trump gets his pick, the first thing a Democratic president/senate should do is pack or expand the court. Dump the filibuster, amend the Judiciary Act, expand the court to 15, and shove 7 super liberal people more. It's what Mitch would do.There is no civility with trash like McConnell in governance.

Packing the court would be a horrible move, as the Republicans would end up just packing it in their favor the next time the Senate flips to the GOP. And that's assuming that the Senate flips after this election, which is far from a given. The GOP may very well hold on to the Senate.

dmg626

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm

deltairlines wrote:
KFLLCFII wrote:

Astounding.

If RBG wouldn’t have been so selfish, she could have retired gracefully in Obama’s second last year letting him pick a justice, but instead she had to hold onto that seat til the bitter end and create all this chaos.

ItnStln

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:43 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:

Good, she's qualified for the position.