Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 12476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:24 am

This is really quite ridiculous - can anyone remember another White House with so much sniping and backbiting at testimony made by other executive branch officials?
Now there is a lot of talk around DC and the political web that Director Wray's job is in jeopardy (again), like it was when he was in too-much agreement with DNI Coats in late 2018 regarding Russian hacking and interference. The question is, what has got POTUS so riled up about his subordinate this time?

Trump took issue with Wray’s characterization of “antifa,” which the president says is a terrorist organization. The FBI director told the House Homeland Security Committee that while “antifa is a real thing” it is “more of an ideology or a movement than an organization.”

Trump rejected that characterization Friday during a press gaggle on the White House lawn before embarking on a campaign trip to Minnesota.

“The fact is antifa is a bad group,” he said. “They’re bad, and when a man doesn’t say that, that bothers me. I wonder why he’s not saying that.”

The president on Thursday night also swiped at Wray for testifying about Russia’s “very active efforts” to meddle in the upcoming election, primarily to undercut Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. In a tweet, Trump said that countries like China pose a bigger election interference threat and told him to “Check it out!”


https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... fbi-417863

What evidence does Trump have about Chinese interference the FBI doesn't? What evidence does Trump have about antifa's 'organization' the FBI doesn't? The Director's testimony indicated the FBI has clear evidence of Russian disinformation campaigns online targeting our election. Why doesn't POTUS call that out for what it is, instead of demeaning underlings and disagreeing with them in public?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
What evidence does Trump have about Chinese interference the FBI doesn't?


Perhaps he knows what the whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan does. Before you dismiss her, please realize she's your best hope of blaming Trump.

https://youtu.be/qFlqXPl_hZQ

Perhaps this deserves it's own topic, but since you asked the question and no one posted here yet, I thought I would answer.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18199
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
What evidence does Trump have about Chinese interference the FBI doesn't? What evidence does Trump have about antifa's 'organization' the FBI doesn't? The Director's testimony indicated the FBI has clear evidence of Russian disinformation campaigns online targeting our election. Why doesn't POTUS call that out for what it is, instead of demeaning underlings and disagreeing with them in public?

Because he reflects his base, and his base is convinced that antifa/immigrants/socialists/teh gheyz/moose lambs are being paid by the Jews (Soros) to get bussed to Cooter County and ravish their white women. Anything that doesn't reflect their unhinged white rage must be fake news, when back in reality we know that white nationalist terrorism kills far more people and is a much bigger threat than all their imaginary bogeymen combined--but that's super inconvenient for their nazis/white supremacists as 'very fine people' narrative.
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
What evidence does Trump have about Chinese interference the FBI doesn't?


Perhaps he knows what the whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan does. Before you dismiss her, please realize she's your best hope of blaming Trump.

We need more than "I downplayed it", combined with his, you know, downplaying it, to this day?
I don't take responsibility at all
 
bennett123
Posts: 9809
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:58 pm

I thought that he subsequently denied playing it down and said that he played it up.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18199
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:26 pm

bennett123 wrote:
I thought that he subsequently denied playing it down and said that he played it up.

Sure. It’s a choose your own adventure. Like Biden has dementia. But also memorized all the questions and answers for his town hall. Just make up whatever fits your beliefs.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 12476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
What evidence does Trump have about Chinese interference the FBI doesn't?


Perhaps he knows what the whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan does. Before you dismiss her, please realize she's your best hope of blaming Trump.

https://youtu.be/qFlqXPl_hZQ

Perhaps this deserves it's own topic, but since you asked the question and no one posted here yet, I thought I would answer.


The old maxim of Sagan still applies: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Whether or not the virus release was intentional - the WH is still blamed for a multitude of unprofessional and incompetent management blunders.

That is a separate matter from disputing other executive branch officials in public without evidence.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Whether or not the virus release was intentional - the WH is still blamed for a multitude of unprofessional and incompetent management blunders.


You missed my point. I am saying you can blame him for it's intentional release, as in his trade war.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7315
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:48 am

Where are the Eisenhower Republicans and Kennedy Democrats at? How did politics pervade it's way in to everyday life in the US? What happened to, "I disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it?"
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13490
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:31 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Why doesn't POTUS call that out for what it is, instead of demeaning underlings and disagreeing with them in public?


because Samuel Dickstein is his role model.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 12476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Why doesn't POTUS call that out for what it is, instead of demeaning underlings and disagreeing with them in public?


because Samuel Dickstein is his role model.

best regards
Thomas


An excellent reference - but even Dickstein was a professional before he supposedly turned informant.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13490
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: POTUS Going After FBI Director Again

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Why doesn't POTUS call that out for what it is, instead of demeaning underlings and disagreeing with them in public?


because Samuel Dickstein is his role model.

best regards
Thomas


An excellent reference - but even Dickstein was a professional before he supposedly turned informant.


yeah.. but he got away with it, and has a street named after him. Lets just hope the new AG revives the counter espionage investigation into Trump and his enablers.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos