Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Trump campaign chief suicidal, taken to hospital

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Brad Parscale totally having a normal one:

Ex-Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale hospitalized; was armed and threatening himself in Fort Lauderdale home
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020 ... ce-called/

"Police responded to a home in the upscale Seven Isles neighborhood around 4 p.m. in reference to a man barricaded inside a house. When officers arrived on the scene, they made contact with the woman, the man’s wife, who had called 911. She told police that her husband was armed, had access to multiple firearms inside the house and was threatening to kill himself."
I don't take responsibility at all

seb146

Re: Trump campaign chief suicidal, taken to hospital

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:35 pm

I am going to wait and see about this one. Many people look to the world they are going great but struggle with mental issues. Perhaps there was a recent loss or marriage issues.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

skyservice_330

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Mental illness is awful. Hopefully he is able to get the help he needs.

I also hope this does not get spun into a political conspiracy theory in any way, as happened to the poor family of Seth Rich. The timing - relative to the tax releases - would lend itself to that unfortunately.

casinterest

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:38 pm

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html

Fort Lauderdale police on Monday released records detailing how Sunday’s standoff unfolded at Parscale’s home, starting with his wife’s call for help and ending with officers detaining Parscale for psychiatric evaluation. Officers recovered 10 firearms from his home, including several pistols, a shotgun and rifle, :shock: :eek: and saw that Parscale’s wife had bruises on her arm and face.

It would seem something really off happened at the house, and it probably stemmed from a personal spiral of Parscale after being released of duties in the campaign,
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:44 pm

casinterest wrote:
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-ne-brad-parscale-suicide-attempt-saved-by-cop-friend-20200928-irc2wvhvczblhakhnsdnfeppme-story.html

Fort Lauderdale police on Monday released records detailing how Sunday’s standoff unfolded at Parscale’s home, starting with his wife’s call for help and ending with officers detaining Parscale for psychiatric evaluation. Officers recovered 10 firearms from his home, including several pistols, a shotgun and rifle, :shock: :eek: and saw that Parscale’s wife had bruises on her arm and face.

It would seem something really off happened at the house, and it probably stemmed from a personal spiral of Parscale after being released of duties in the campaign,

And thrown under the bus for Tulsa...

Too bad so sad.

alfa164

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm

If I were Trump's campaign chief, I think that I would be suicidal, too...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

winginit

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-ne-brad-parscale-suicide-attempt-saved-by-cop-friend-20200928-irc2wvhvczblhakhnsdnfeppme-story.html

Mental illness is tragic, and all those who struggle with it are deserving of our sympathies.

Having said that, regardless of circumstance, men who abuse their spouses are very much not deserving of our sympathies.

We should wait for additional details to emerge (it's possible that they never do) before passing judgement one way or another, but on it's face this looks bad.

wingman

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:00 pm

His brain will get better, you'll see. One day it's just like that, you wake up and you have a brain.

Besides, spousal abuse doesn't really impact anybody.

Ken777

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm

wingman wrote:
His brain will get better, you'll see. One day it's just like that, you wake up and you have a brain.

His brain was off the deep end and the spousal abuse is just another indicator. A clear case where he needs his guns confiscated and flags set for denial of future purposes.

"spousal abuse doesn't really impact anybody." Rally? Start with the impact on his wife. That can be pretty serious - but I'm one who believes that wife beaters are a hazard for the country. And how about kids if there are any.

One question - did his going off the deep end come after the news of Trump's taxes?

af773atmsp

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Ken777 wrote:
wingman wrote:

His brain was off the deep end and the spousal abuse is just another indicator. A clear case where he needs his guns confiscated and flags set for denial of future purposes.

"spousal abuse doesn't really impact anybody." Rally? Start with the impact on his wife. That can be pretty serious - but I'm one who believes that wife beaters are a hazard for the country. And how about kids if there are any.

One question - did his going off the deep end come after the news of Trump's taxes?

I think wingman was making a joke, talking in the style of Trump.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.

johns624

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

And thrown under the bus...

Too bad so sad.
Just one of many over the last 5 years...

einsteinboricua

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:17 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
And thrown under the bus for Tulsa...

Too bad so sad.

Two things:
1. He's been off the campaign since July so I don't see Tulsa as being the breaking point for him.
2. When you aim big, you fail big. The Tulsa fiasco was his making because he overinflated expectations.

skyservice_330 wrote:
The timing - relative to the tax releases - would lend itself to that unfortunately.

This, to me, seems too much of a coincidence. I think the NYT drop set him off...now whether he's linked to it (where he's benefited from money laundering between the Trump Org and the Trump Campaign) or not remains to be seen. But the fact that his report happened a few moments after the drop? Something tells me the tax returns will show him in negative light or he, himself, was among the sources who provided information to NYT (bit of payback for firing him from the campaign?). Speculation, of course...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Suicide is a serious issue. Hopefully, nobody should care what his job is or was, this isn't political. Hopefully, he will find himself again and will live a long and happy life. That is possible after a suicide attempt or episode.

Take care of each other out there.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

stl07

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:34 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
or he, himself, was among the sources who provided information to NYT (bit of payback for firing him from the campaign?). Speculation, of course...

I never thought about that...and then he conveniently becomes suicidal afterwards
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

einsteinboricua

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 pm

stl07 wrote:
I never thought about that...and then he conveniently becomes suicidal afterwards

He WAS campaign manager...that's definitely inner circle terrain.

Tugger

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 pm

Ken777 wrote:

Honestly we do not know anything regarding him being a "spousal abuser". He could have been being violent with himself, out to harm himself and his wife stepped in to that to help him, to prevent him from following through, out of love. This is a horrible moment for their lives and I am not making excuses for nor minimizing the harm of abuse, but I am saying we need to think and look and help more that jump to conclusions with incomplete information.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

winginit

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Tugger wrote:
Honestly we do not know anything regarding him being a "spousal abuser". He could have been being violent with himself, out to harm himself and his wife stepped in to that to help him, to prevent him from following through, out of love. This is a horrible moment for their lives and I am not making excuses for nor minimizing the harm of abuse, but I am saying we need to think and look and help more that jump to conclusions with incomplete information.

Tugg

What you've said about us not knowing no longer appears to be the case, as his wife gave a statement to the Police:

"When I asked how she received the bruising, she stated Brad Parscale hits her"

Source

There's still restraint that should be considered before jumping to conclusions, but the picture is becoming clearer here, and it's not looking good nor, frankly, surprising. Those who abuse their spouses are not deserving of sympathy in my mind.

stl07

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Tugger wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Tugg

I dunno, but a bunch of beat marks on a wife seems pretty clear to me what was going on
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

Kent350787

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 pm

No one deserves the pain of mental health. I hope he and his family are able to get the support they need to return to a reltively normal life.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
stl07 wrote:

There have been quite a few articles on Parscale defrauding the campaign--frankly I think everyone in the campaign is on the take--but here's another one that certainly is not helping:

Non-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of ‘Laundering’ $170 Million

"The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 601a0c6128

Tugger

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:48 pm

winginit wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

What you've said about us not knowing no longer appears to be the case, as his wife gave a statement to the Police:

"When I asked how she received the bruising, she stated Brad Parscale hits her"

Source

There's still restraint that should be considered before jumping to conclusions, but the picture is becoming clearer here, and it's not looking good nor, frankly, surprising. Those who abuse their spouses are not deserving of sympathy in my mind.

Agreed. However the statement is an officers statement restating what she said, without context. The story also describes that this like it may have developed recently (this past week or two). There's no excuses but people break sometimes. Abuse is never OK but as you said this is becoming clearer and we will know a lot more I am sure.

stl07 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

I dunno, but a bunch of beat marks on a wife seems pretty clear to me what was going on

Yes, it does seem obvious. She definitely got hit. But none of us have clear unadulterated knowledge of it besides the wife and family members directly involved. I have no doubt what seems pretty clear and is it very possibly so. I just do not KNOW yet. Once known with clear facts or clear statements from the wife, then I will condemn him if it is what it appears.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Aloha717200

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:52 am

I love how Tim Murtaugh says that it's the Democrats' fault that this happened. Gimme a break.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics

WarRI1

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:06 am

Aloha717200 wrote:
I love how Tim Murtaugh says that it's the Democrats' fault that this happened. Gimme a break.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html?
utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_politics

If I had not read your link I would never have known about the absurd accusation against Democrats by the Stooge of the Buffoon. This is an example of how childlike they are. The man is mentally stressed probably by being demoted because of a small crowd at a rally and they try to blame Politics, that is outrageous, but so typical, the old But, but, but again. :banghead: :banghead:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:03 am

wingman wrote:

I am assuming your being sarcastic. It's my understanding, he was in over his head and under pressure for a longtime. Then he got demoted.
He's not handling it well. I can only imagine how Trump turned the screws on him. He was in the fold, and then he wasn't.

Hopefully, he is getting counseling and will be able to get thought this. However, hitting your partner is not a good sign and should not be blamed on him being mentally ill.

luckyone

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 am

Whatever consequences his involvement in the Trump campaign may have wrought, leave him be. Let him be treated in private.

Blurp2

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
I think the NYT drop set him off...now whether he's linked to it (where he's benefited from money laundering between the Trump Org and the Trump Campaign) or not remains to be seen. But the fact that his report happened a few moments after the drop? Something tells me the tax returns will show him in negative light or he, himself, was among the sources who provided information to NYT (bit of payback for firing him from the campaign?). Speculation, of course...

How on earth would a campaign chairman have access to tax returns? That makes no sense to me... the NYT had twenty years' worth of returns for (it sounds like) 500 different businesses. I can't imagine how a campaign chairman would have access to ANY of that. Not even one of those thousands of documents.

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 am

Blurp2 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
I think the NYT drop set him off...now whether he's linked to it (where he's benefited from money laundering between the Trump Org and the Trump Campaign) or not remains to be seen. But the fact that his report happened a few moments after the drop? Something tells me the tax returns will show him in negative light or he, himself, was among the sources who provided information to NYT (bit of payback for firing him from the campaign?). Speculation, of course...

How on earth would a campaign chairman have access to tax returns? That makes no sense to me... the NYT had twenty years' worth of returns for (it sounds like) 500 different businesses.
I can't imagine how a campaign chairman would have access to ANY of that. Not even one of those thousands of documents.

I can imagine it easily.

As campaign chairman he probably wanted to know if they could somehow fight the "fake news" accusations, so he asks one of the GOPhers (see what I did there!) for a copy of Trump's tax returns. He probably encounters some pushback from official channels, which makes him ask the question "just how bad is it?". :o

After all, it's only right that as Campaign Chairman he knows how badly exposed they are. Maybe he calls in some favors to get a copy.

And then when he sees the full picture, he wishes he hadn't. :lol:

(I'm not saying it's true, just imagining possibilities)
Nothing to see here; move along please.

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Blurp2 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

How on earth would a campaign chairman have access to tax returns? That makes no sense to me... the NYT had twenty years' worth of returns for (it sounds like) 500 different businesses. I can't imagine how a campaign chairman would have access to ANY of that. Not even one of those thousands of documents.

You need to read more carefully.

Please point to where I said that he provided or even had access to the tax returns. Notice that the statement I made EXPLICITLY says "information". Confirming sources for NYT? That's information. Tipping off journalists about what he's seen? That's information. The term "information" is so broad that it can be anything; maybe Trump openly boasted about how little he paid (Michael Cohen has already mentioned the time when Trump boasted about the $72M refund he got); maybe Trump even showed them his returns to ensure that a potential money laundering scheme works (and Brad would be involved as campaign chairman). There are plenty of ways Brad can confirm or provide information without having access to the returns. He was inner circle and got pushed out. Who knows what happens in such meetings (at the Oval Office, at Trump Tower, at Mar-a-Lago...)?

casinterest

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
stl07 wrote:

There have been quite a few articles on Parscale defrauding the campaign--frankly I think everyone in the campaign is on the take--but here's another one that certainly is not helping:

"The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale."

Looks like more confirmation that money laundering and Fraud are at the root of the spiral.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... paign.html
Donald Trump's demoted campaign boss Brad Parscale is under investigation for 'stealing' between $25-$40 million from Trump's 2020 presidential campaign, well-placed sources exclusively told DailyMail.com.

The 44-year-old is also being investigated for 'pocketing' nearly another $10 million from the Republican National Committee, the insiders added.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

winginit

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Looks like more confirmation that money laundering and Fraud are at the root of the spiral.

Donald Trump's demoted campaign boss Brad Parscale is under investigation for 'stealing' between $25-$40 million from Trump's 2020 presidential campaign, well-placed sources exclusively told DailyMail.com.

The 44-year-old is also being investigated for 'pocketing' nearly another $10 million from the Republican National Committee, the insiders added.

"Brad Parscale? Don't know him - never met him."

- Donald Trump, October 2020

casinterest

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 pm

winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

"Brad Parscale? Don't know him - never met him."

- Donald Trump, October 2020

Why would he so elegantly be put aside ? I think there are other investigations ongoing.

Sokes

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:30 am

MaverickM11 wrote:

If a potential prison sentence is very long, it may make sense to beat the wife and threaten suicide. The trial will consider him as sick.

Just one of several possibilities.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 am

Sokes wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

If a potential prison sentence is very long, it may make sense to beat the wife and threaten suicide. The trial will consider him as sick.

Just one of several possibilities.

Parscale is human garbage. If he wants to save us the prison cost have at it.

LittleFokker

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 am

skyservice_330 wrote:

I also hope this does not get spun into a political conspiracy theory in any way, as happened to the poor family of Seth Rich. The timing - relative to the tax releases - would lend itself to that unfortunately.

Many people suffer from mental illness but don't abuse their spouses or anyone else. But mental illness can cause someone who is predisposed to being a shitty person to feel empowered to act on their feelings.

And who is to say that this is even mental illness? I mean, I can count on one hand the number of times an African American man who was caught abusing his significant other that society went straight for the "mental illness" diagnosis. And I may not even need one finger. But Parscal, a man who clearly has no dignity and will do anything for a dollar....clearly he must be suffering from mental illness and is not some hood thug.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:

Many people suffer from mental illness but don't abuse their spouses or anyone else. But mental illness can cause someone who is predisposed to being a shitty person to feel empowered to act on their feelings.

And who is to say that this is even mental illness? I mean, I can count on one hand the number of times an African American man who was caught abusing his significant other that society went straight for the "mental illness" diagnosis. And I may not even need one finger. But Parscal, a man who clearly has no dignity and will do anything for a dollar....clearly he must be suffering from mental illness and is not some hood thug.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: Thug is right.

seb146

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm

I would still like some clarification. The wife allegedly told police that Parscal "hits" her which, to me, sounds like an ongoing thing. But, I wonder if it was just the one time because his whole world was crashing around him? Maybe he was the source for NYT and MAGA was bullying him and putting pressure on him to retract the statements? Maybe it was all too much to bear? Or maybe he does this on a regular basis and she was just sick and tired of it?

No one should ever beat their spouse. If someone has mental health issues, they should get the proper help.

There is a lot going on here.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!